12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

I can’t speak for the rest of Yak’s Bend, but I don’t play to fight, I play to win. And I play for PPT. I also play for crushing the enemy’s morale whenever possible

Out of morbid curiosity, how exactly are you crushing the enemy’s morale without fighting?

Well, for starters, a single person willing to dedicate their day to sieging up, guarding, and tagging siege in a keep, is easily worth an entire highly skilled zerg in the field. Yak’s bend has a lot of people willing to do the non sexy, non fighting, grunt work, that is required to win wvw.

This guy right here, somewhere Devon Carver is smiling with his arrowcart figurine.

lol

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Yak’s bend has a lot of people willing to do the non sexy, non fighting, grunt work, that is required to win wvw.

That’s not ‘grunt work’ that’s more like…. being a fobbit… or P.O.G. hiding away on base not doing anything risky.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

But mags, if you were really about open-field fights, couldn’t you just sit your groups on roads non-stop in-between keeps? Actually I am surprised you just don’t chill at the spawn points for SBI and Yaks on your BL…after clearing up WPs.

Not sure if you noticed, but the entire reward structure and character progression is tied to objectives.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hydrobutter.9172

Hydrobutter.9172

YB gonna win cause their BL causes the most DCs i’ve ever seen

Radio
Co-Guildleader: Wobbly Cat Squad [WCS]

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: RoChan.1926

RoChan.1926

GG YB….Can’t fight us to get to the PAPER DOOR tower, so you bring your omegas. Just…..wow.

Attachments:

Optee Kaal Allusion | The Evil Empire
[TRY][POV]
“Kitten the yaks, so persistent about everything.” -Ebay

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arya Whitefire.8423

Arya Whitefire.8423

Yeah it’s doing it to us to, has been happening since the patch, and does seem to happen more often on YBBL, than any of the other maps.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

This is for all you people that just sit in towers/keeps and don’t go out to fight.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Arya Whitefire.8423

This is for all you people that just sit in towers/keeps and don’t go out to fight.

logistics >>>>>> strategy > tactics

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

My heart pumps every time I’m on a cannon and see a red dot 1500 range away. I fire a shot, he dodgerolls. He stares into my soul and confronts my existence. Realizing he didn’t stand a chance, he walks off.

I’ve never known greater dominance of another. Thank you Devon.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

Good soldiers > logistics

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Is this match over already. Seems like it since we’ve reached the vapid comments period, where the same dead horses get beat over and over.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Arya Whitefire.8423

Absolutely wrong, demonstrated time and time again. But we tell the soldier’s that, to boost morale. So, if you are a soldier, please continue to believe it.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

To Maglowestrankofgoldseason1 and Yak’s Bend: do be aware not everyone on SBI gets up in arms about 2v1 and most of them are fairly disappointed in the negativity displayed here over it.

While i appreciate the voice of reason that you represent, i have to tell you that it is too late to speak out for SBI – at least when it comes to YB their reputation is pretty much below every other server.

This is because no other server did behave like SBI – i know that there are people among them that are reasonable, but their voices aren’t heard well among the accusations of match manipulation, cheating and comparisons of YB to people and organizations whose names can’t be mentioned unless i want an infraction. That, together with the seemingly endless amount of complaining and the ongoing griefers coming to our server make us believe that SBI is what the majority of posters at this Forum makes them appear to be. And we remember the behaviour of SBI during weeks when they won against us.

That being said, i appreciate your post. I still target SBI first when i see them and Mags fight.

[Yak’s Bend]

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: jaycatano.6738

jaycatano.6738

Absolutely wrong, demonstrated time and time again. But we tell the soldier’s that, to boost morale. So, if you are a soldier, please continue to believe it.

What?

Slightly Better Ele
Violent Resolution [VR]
Maguuma

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Arya Whitefire.8423

What?

Argh technical difficulties quoting this post…

The victors write the history books, the victors pretty much always had the best logistics, and the victors pretty much always write that they had the best/bravest/etc. soldiers.

(edited by Arya Whitefire.8423)

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ithurien.3652

Ithurien.3652

“The amateurs discuss tactics: the professionals discuss logistics.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

“The amateurs discuss tactics: the professionals discuss logistics.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“Soldiers usually win the battles and generals get the credit for them” Napoleon Bonaparte

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: jaycatano.6738

jaycatano.6738

What?

Argh technical difficulties quoting this post…

The victors write the history books, the victors pretty much always had the best logistics, and the victors pretty much always write that they had the best/bravest/etc. soldiers.

What?

Slightly Better Ele
Violent Resolution [VR]
Maguuma

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

This is a fresh new look at the ol’ ppt versus fights bullkitten, so kudos

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Ithurien.3652

“Soldiers usually win the battles and generals get the credit for them” Napoleon Bonaparte

“There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kcrook.3945

Kcrook.3945

[Ark] We tried to come out and play with you on EB, but just couldn’t handle you and INC together

I think we fielded more tonight (14) than any time ever.

-Ckrael- THE Guardian
[Bags]
Ebay << What a mistake.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

“There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

I could continue quoting here, but we are already off course. Logistics is not the most important thing, which was stated earlier.

“In war the only sure defense is offense, and the efficiency of the offense depends on the warlike souls of those conducting it” – General George S. Patton

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

We don’t zerg & we don’t care about ppt but here you are on a thursday night trying to flip everything like crazy, so who was the guys who named a few guilds & said they were the voice of Magumma? sorry dude my post got reported and deleted with yours anyways can you see what’s happening? this is hilarious.

All classes

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fly.4958

Fly.4958

I could continue quoting here, but we are already off course. Logistics is not the most important thing, which was stated earlier.

“In war the only sure defense is offense, and the efficiency of the offense depends on the warlike souls of those conducting it” – General George S. Patton

Yo nerd, if this a quote off, here you go.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” – Sun Tzu

Am I doing this right?

More Tequila
Less Pants
Shameful Display

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Arya Whitefire.8423

We don’t zerg & we don’t care about ppt but here you are on a thursday night trying to flip everything like crazy, so who was the guys who named a few guilds & said they were the voice of Magumma? sorry dude my post got reported and deleted with yours anyways can you see what’s happening? this is hilarious.

And with roughly 20 golems, no less, on mag BL. Talk about logistics…

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Ithurien.3652

“Gentlemen, the officer who doesn’t know his communications and supply as well as his tactics is totally useless.” – General George S. Patton

No doubt we could both go on all day. It’d make for more erudite PvF than usual but I’m sure we both have better things to do, enjoyable as it was.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

Someone got zergbusted.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bass.1697

Bass.1697

It’s pretty ridiculous atm. Stupid lag spikes and constant DC’s.

Yak’s Bend

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

It’s pretty ridiculous atm. Stupid lag spikes and constant DC’s.

Its only every 5 minutes now. Yesterday night every minute.
I am sure anet are fixing it as we speak. The mapets have been called and the servers will be ok.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Art.9820

Someone got zergbusted.

QQ’ing about getting zerged is so 2012, move on buddy.

I encourage you to have a little more context before replying.

Here…

<-check my history

All classes

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Snafu.7412

Someone got zergbusted.

Here…

<-check my history

Formulating reply full of context I’ll get back to you, siege monkey.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: idari.4273

idari.4273

SM property of Ark this NA primetime.

Disclaimer: not a single arrow cart used to kill you guys.

[Ark] Idari Kun
Maguuma

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

Lol worst ‘war’ to talk about.

This whole thing started because, you said sitting inside towers hiding was grunt work.

It’s not. That’s Fobbit work.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Art.9820

Someone got zergbusted.

Here…

<-check my history

“Insult” out of context as well… sigh you should just stop.. you’re terrible at this :/

All classes

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Snafu.7412

Someone got zergbusted.

Here…

<-check my history

“Insult” out of context as well… sigh you should just stop.. you’re terrible at this :/

Trying to find a Napoleon quote, but I think we exhausted them all.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

We have a lead of 8.5k now (with 22 hours to go). I will be very surprised if we go onto lose the match from here on.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Black Scoutsman.5830

Black Scoutsman.5830

Correction: property of 4 [Mom] players and 3 [RAM] players. Get ninja’ed

Human Warrior, Ranger and dedicated Scout of Yaks bend
The Pinnacle of Resposibility [Mom]

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

We have a lead of 8.5k now (with 22 hours to go). I will be very surprised if we go onto lose the match from here on.

I know we are tryharding it, but I wouldn’t underestimate Mag. They can tryhard pretty hard. Lets not count chickens yet.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: idari.4273

idari.4273

We had to leave to recap our side. INC wasn’t usefull on ebg this night. They were just kitten ing around doing nothing

[Ark] Idari Kun
Maguuma

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

I know we are tryharding it, but I wouldn’t underestimate Mag. They can tryhard pretty hard. Lets not count chickens yet.

Chill buddy. I wasn’t chest thumping lol
Was just stating my opinion.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Purr Kitten.8731

Purr Kitten.8731

Theres seems to be a trend going with SBI. Goes a little something like this.

Winning->We’re ub3r skilled all fights in all timezones are even

Losing->Stop 2v1ing us. You’re making a mess of the game mode

Other Servers->lolwut2v1ing?

SBI continues to complain then servers do end up 2v1ing them for the lols.

Thanks for the try at logic and reason, but sadly I don’t think people will listen. It will still be the same few that complain about this even though most of SBI does not believe there is a 2vs1 happening. I wish people would stop complaining about 2vs1 and spies and glitching. These things will happen and it’s best to just move on from it.

SBI

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Arya Whitefire.8423

Lol worst ‘war’ to talk about.

This whole thing started because, you said sitting inside towers hiding was grunt work.

It’s not. That’s Fobbit work.

You mean like how the colonial militias spent most of their time in forts building up supplies? :P

And besides, for whatever reason, you’re chosing to use a military lingo specific meaning for the concept of the word grunt, rather than the broader english speaking world meaning.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Black Scoutsman.5830

Black Scoutsman.5830

We had to leave to recap our side. INC wasn’t usefull on ebg this night. They were just kitten ing around doing nothing

Thats fine. Just thought i’d correct that before your head got too big to fit through the SM door on the way out.

Human Warrior, Ranger and dedicated Scout of Yaks bend
The Pinnacle of Resposibility [Mom]

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

And besides, for whatever reason, you’re chosing to use a military lingo specific meaning for the concept of the word grunt, rather than the broader english speaking world meaning.

You mean the most common use of the word?

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

Yaks in our hills, we’re not stuck in there with you, you’re stuck in here with us!

GM – [Ark]ham

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Arya Whitefire.8423

You mean the most common use of the word?

go to google.com, and type:
define: grunt work

I think you’ll find it enlightening, as it has absolutely nothing to do with how the term grunt is used in military parlance.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

hope this boils down to a warcraft 2 showmatch

zug zug

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bass.1697

Bass.1697

hope this boils down to a warcraft 2 showmatch

zug zug