12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Public Announcement from Yak’s Bend to all interested parties:

We have no secret plan.

We do however have bacon. Bacon for our opposing servers….

Sweet delicious bacon you can only get if you decide to get a full night’s sleep to wake up early the next morning for your NA Prime-time crews. In fact, if you leave WvW now during the NA prime-time one might think that…perhaps you might find…eggs with your bacon?

Think about it…

Attachments:

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bass.1697

Bass.1697

I like the part where you show your server exploiting in the picture as well.

I missed that, can you circle it for me?

indeed, what I see are a mesmer, presents, a dead guy from POV and some dead ranger pets, oh and a bunch of YB building siege at the top of the citadel stairs. what did I miss?

So that’s not your treb in citadel is what you’re saying? Coz I’d seriously have to wonder why they’d set up a treb and not an AC or ballista.

you’d set up a treb to take out in the vendor area if that is where the stuff we have in there is placed.. dunno wasn’t there and neither I’m guessing were you, but does make me wonder why you’d defend them doing it…

Because I’ve seen SBI set up trebs in their Citadel repeatedly and defend that when it’s a known exploit and that’s the only way to counter it.

1. Yaks built the treb to hit SBI golems with splash damage. The second build site was probably a ballistae.

2. Of course, after taking the screenshot, we went up and killed them and ran them off.

Though maybe I misunderstand what they were doing. Perhaps Yaks Bend came up there to ask us to team up against the Legendary Defenders. Those guys are pretty tough.

TBH I don’t understand what they were doing either then.

Yak’s Bend

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Seriously I can’t believe SBI and Mag are letting YAKs pull the same trick as last week. This is freaking hilarious .

please elaborate on the secret yaks strategy

cause from Mag it seems like they win from playing at hours where no one is on then sitting on arrowcarts

They ignore Mags first to attack SBI only. Since SBI are made of mostly fair weather wvwers after 1 day of losing ppl stops coming out . So SBI goes from 1st to last and stays last. Then they stop attacking SBI and attack Mags around Thursday . Since both SBI and Mags seem to be clueless as to what is going on they continues to attack each other the whole week so basically allow Yaks dictate 2v1 with them always on the 2 side. It is quite impressive to see them pull it off last week. But to see it work 2 weeks in a row …. lol

I hate you. Why did you expose our secret strategy, Mr. Genius?

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

I like the part where you show your server exploiting in the picture as well.

I missed that, can you circle it for me?

indeed, what I see are a mesmer, presents, a dead guy from POV and some dead ranger pets, oh and a bunch of YB building siege at the top of the citadel stairs. what did I miss?

So that’s not your treb in citadel is what you’re saying? Coz I’d seriously have to wonder why they’d set up a treb and not an AC or ballista.

Like someone else said, Its being put there by Yaks players, not SBI.. its to hit the stuff at the Vendors.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Terravos.4059

Seriously I can’t believe SBI and Mag are letting YAKs pull the same trick as last week. This is freaking hilarious .

please elaborate on the secret yaks strategy

cause from Mag it seems like they win from playing at hours where no one is on then sitting on arrowcarts

They ignore Mags first to attack SBI only. Since SBI are made of mostly fair weather wvwers after 1 day of losing ppl stops coming out . So SBI goes from 1st to last and stays last. Then they stop attacking SBI and attack Mags around Thursday . Since both SBI and Mags seem to be clueless as to what is going on they continues to attack each other the whole week so basically allow Yaks dictate 2v1 with them always on the 2 side. It is quite impressive to see them pull it off last week. But to see it work 2 weeks in a row …. lol

I actually thought SBI players were just not showing up causes of patches, but it seems after the weekends no one shows up at all.

I don’t think Yaks is pulling a big strategy here, I simply think during the weekdays they’re running more players then SBI and Mags at that point.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: HippoLogic.2519

HippoLogic.2519

Came out with a smaller group tonight and all I found were bigger groups looked for some even fights couldn’t find one so I just ran into the mags zerg in our a BL a couple of times and played last man standing. Honestly was hoping at some point just the guild group would split off and fight us probably would have got rolled but hey just trying to get people to step their game up.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Ohhh [Bags], it looks like you dropped something….

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: IBountyHunterI.4601

IBountyHunterI.4601

TG had some fun fights tonight. Fun times with the SBI blob, and Yaks One + Others idk who pugs I guess?

Help

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bannok.3152

Bannok.3152

Thanks for the fights in EBG tonight Mag, we had a whole bunch of fun.

Bannok – Dark Covenant (SBI)

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Where are the large groups of people desu
Everyone in silver league just runs….

I- I m-mean it’s not like we liked gold league or anything… //-_-//

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Your jumping around makes you look like a 12 year old. That’s more embarrassing to you, than whoever you beat.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pichichi.1975

Pichichi.1975

Is your goal to just stack a whole queue in one place and run around? Like are you trying to be babby SoR.

Tukuku – Mesmer / Mimiyukii -Thief / Sailor Mimi – Necromancer
[DERP] [iRez]

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: WamSolf.5021

WamSolf.5021

From what I can tell you dropped 1 of their party members before they got there and then proceeded to 6v4. I won’t even mention how boring your comp looks.

Nine 80’s and counting
[pls]NSP-Formerly [RISE]from GoM/SBI

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Is your goal to just stack a whole queue in one place and run around? Like are you trying to be babby SoR.

I think those in EB would rather fight with even numbers, vs being outmanned on every single BL.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Your jumping around makes you look like a 12 year old. That’s more embarrassing to you, than whoever you beat.

thats how mag rolls

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Pichichi.1975

I think those in EB would rather fight with even numbers, vs being outmanned on every single BL.

If SBI wanted even fights then there would be more than 1 guild on the entire server willing to GvG

[DERP] [iRez]

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

From what I can tell you dropped 1 of their party members before they got there and then proceeded to 6v4. I won’t even mention how boring your comp looks.

Awww give the poor guy a break, he’s really proud of his ground targeting skills

All classes

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Winkin.1490

Winkin.1490

Fun night tonight

[AoN] All or Nothing

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runehand.9368

Runehand.9368

Our buddy from iLL is on our tPvP team tonight. ALLIANCE!

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

Speaking of boring comps, TrZ and their hammer train.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

WamSolf.5021

Zergs at the moment don’t give much leeway for build diversity, every zerg is a hammer train. You see more unique builds in small mans.

Nine 80’s and counting

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

You’re right – the 2x guard 1x war 2 x mesmer [bags] was running tonight was way more innovative.

Had fun roaming around with AoN tonight

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

WamSolf.5021

You’re right – the 2x guard 1x war 2 x mesmer [bags] was running tonight was way more innovative.

I don’t know what [bags] runs, but majority heavy comps get a bit repetitive in my opinion.

Nine 80’s and counting

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Pinko.2076

I don’t know what [bags] runs, but majority heavy comps get a bit repetitive in my opinion.

Which is doubly odd because the people you’re quoting, [VR], are one of the only guilds in NA that run things like pure backline kite glass or condi.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

WamSolf.5021

Which is doubly odd because the people you’re quoting, [VR], are one of the only guilds in NA that run things like pure backline kite glass or condi.

I watched one video and commented upon it, I’m sorry I don’t know [VR]’s avant-garde strategies.

Nine 80’s and counting

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

wads.5730

I watched one video and commented upon it, I’m sorry I don’t know [VR]’s avant-garde strategies.

they are ultimate hipsters

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

To the Pyro thief on the SBI bl, thanks for the great fights. I’m sorry I /bowed and let you rez after I beat you the first time, because as soon as you got back up your necro buddy came by and you proceeded to try to jump me 2v1 while I was capping the sentry next to your previously downed body. Fortunately, I then killed both of you, so it’s no biggy.

Also a shout-out to the YB warrior who tried to save the camp by your spawn. I’m sorry I killed you after you tried to jump me right as I pulled the guards. I had to stomp you because I wanted to cap the camp. Unfortunately, you were able to respawn and run back before I finished capping. You lost the 1v1 pretty badly, but the banner rez on the supervisor before you went down was a nice touch.

To everyone else, I’m sure (insert your guild name) is much more skilled and more honorable than (insert opposing guild name), just like you say. Keep up the good work.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tubby Chan.8502

Tubby Chan.8502

Shout-out to Maguuma people in SBI BL for the fun small scale fights on the south side of the map. I have never been more afraid of thieves in my life after being jumped by (counted it) 5 of you at one time Anyways thanks fun times and be nice to the other necros!

-Lil Duse Face [TWIN]

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shadowskill.9852

Shadowskill.9852

http://youtu.be/TcxpbhM0DaA

That was an a** stomp………….

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cameron.6450

Cameron.6450

Had a fun tpvp match with PYRO earlier. Didn’t know you guys ever stepped out of wvw

Tomeslave and others – [RISE], [xDDD]

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Pichichi.1975

great matchup. excellent pvdoor

[DERP] [iRez]

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Had a fun tpvp match with PYRO earlier. Didn’t know you guys ever stepped out of wvw

I played really terrible in that match. I’m ashamed.

In WvW, I main guardian, but in tPvP I’m a much better thief. For that match, we had another thief so I was failing at bunkering.

Also, does anyone want to GvG this week?

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

Zergs at the moment don’t give much leeway for build diversity, every zerg is a hammer train. You see more unique builds in small mans.

Backline Heavy [VR] vs Frontline Heavy [EP]
http://youtu.be/syb07q5Lu3A?t=1m12s

You’d be surprised with what you can do in gw2 if you step away from the heavy train. Just seems like most guilds are “monkey see monkey do”.

(edited by iAmTheDuke.6201)

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Pinko.2076

the ultimate meta of 15-20 pure glass warriors hasn’t been mastered yet, but is inevitable

Duke that vid is great can we go back to pure glass pls

edit: actually some euro comps use pure glass p. well but they gotta crank it up to 11

everything glass

(edited by Pinko.2076)

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

wads.5730

the ultimate meta of 15-20 pure glass warriors hasn’t been mastered yet, but is inevitable

edit: actually some euro comps use pure glass p. well but they gotta crank it up to 11

everything glass

ive already mastered it, gg a step ahead of the meta

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

everything glass

VotF’s warriors are pretty glassy, as are their eles and necros, but I can’t think of a guild that runs 100% glass.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

You’d be surprised with what you can do in gw2 if you step away from the heavy train. Just seems like most guilds are “monkey see monkey do”.

Ultimately the problem is that in a low skill cap game like GW2 finding 20 people that can all manage to follow basic directions is a challenge, so you end up with face-roll meta like hammer trains.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Commisar.8695

Commisar.8695

Go glass go hard.

Colhearthlevel80ThiefWithAPet/BearhearthThe BoldLevel55BubbleTank/TushyhearthLevel18 CloneRPBot.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Nothing beats Against All Odds We [DIE] strategeries.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Last night was boring in terms of fights but I filled my 160 bag slots 2x, so yay, I guess…

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kcrook.3945

Kcrook.3945

We normally run 2x Guards 2x Mesmer and 1x Ele when we set up for ideal roaming. I’m sure we could all roll our necros and get that easymode going though…

-Ckrael- THE Guardian
[Bags]
Ebay << What a mistake.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

I always feel bad for those mesmers out there soloing or doing small man with the worst class in the game!

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kcrook.3945

Kcrook.3945

I always feel bad for those mesmers out there soloing or doing small man with the worst class in the game!

How ya doing oozo? Long time no see.

-Ckrael- THE Guardian
[Bags]
Ebay << What a mistake.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

We normally run 2x Guards 2x Mesmer and 1x Ele when we set up for ideal roaming. I’m sure we could all roll our necros and get that easymode going though…

Prove it. We will look for your easy mode 5 man necro team laying on the ground all night after it gets run over by Zerg after Zerg after Zerg. I doubt seriously you could handle roaming against even slightly higher numbers after leaving your boon loving, high mobility, immunity spamming classes behind.

We’re still on for that 3v3 right? You can even bring 3 necros if you want.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Terravos.4059

Coming from DAOC, I find the 15 vs 15 and 20 vs 20 GvG fights to be horrible, and generally unwatchable messes

10v10 and 5v5 are really the only GvG fights that i’ve seen that promote some sort of individual skill

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

Coming from DAOC, I find the 15 vs 15 and 20 vs 20 GvG fights to be horrible, and generally unwatchable messes

10v10 and 5v5 are really the only GvG fights that i’ve seen that promote some sort of individual skill

15 v 15’s aren’t that bad that’s where I draw the line personally.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

Agreed. It is more than size though. DAoC was roaming play and your builds and setup were generally built to handled whatever the game might throw at you, be it a zerg or another 8man, as well as dealing with the surprise and differing terrains of a random encounter. GvG is more of a duel.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

thats how mag rolls

Nice to see that the swag is still there, despite that drubbing in gold league…

Dragonbrand

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

thats how mag rolls

Nice to see that the swag is still there, despite that drubbing in gold league…

Yes because we went into gold league with an intention of worrying about PPT.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Yes because we went into gold league with an intention of worrying about PPT.

PPT is all the glicko ratings take into consideration.

Saying “we don’t care about PPT” is the same as saying “we fight at a lower tier than our server population should be matched with because we throw the ratings off a little bit every week.”

;)