14/06 Augury Rock/ Fort Ranik/ Underworld

in Match-ups

Posted by: Teel.9036

Teel.9036

Well this matchup is a bit unbalanced, oh well!

If there are any WvW-guilds that’d like to have a GvG with VoTF contact me or Jackie.1829.

Teelie l VoTF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kebab.4013

Kebab.4013

Looks like it is the bad week to make that offer. Try something more along the lines of:

Wanted a break from GW2? This is prolly the week for it. 440 ppt after what… 15 minutes? :P

in Match-ups

Posted by: Veeber.3192

Veeber.3192

Sound like a fair and fun week, tier 3 vs tier 7 worlds (!)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

Yeah, and it’s ironic how RG decides to golem rush our garrison because why the hell not. The siege might actually drag on for a few minutes otherwise, and you need all the points you can get right?

Member of TUP on Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

Sigh that wasn’t fun at all, Augury has some very organised guilds, commanding on UW home border for the last few hours was really stressful :P

camping our garrison without taking our land for 30mins so the other team could take our other towers wasn’t fun at all, not much that can be done about that, impressive though

Interesting to see guilds from such a higher tier though nice work

in Match-ups

Posted by: Teel.9036

Teel.9036

Hehe I think all servers to some extent dislike this matchup, AR because they want more competition and the lower ones because they can’t properly compete against AR and might run in to lots of upgraded stuff from AR making sieging more boring.

Teelie l VoTF

in Match-ups

Posted by: izze.3284

izze.3284

UW might just take a week off in WvW and hope for a better match-up next time. Fighting 2 blob servers isnt that funny.

[SWAG]Izze
Frostfang, Howler, 2x Sunrise, Predator, Kamohoali’ Kotaki

in Match-ups

Phoenix.3416

Ranik is fine to fight but AR just eats everything.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pryda.8257

Pryda.8257

Yeah, and it’s ironic how RG decides to golem rush our garrison because why the hell not. The siege might actually drag on for a few minutes otherwise, and you need all the points you can get right?

If you use 15 AC don’t expect anything but golems.

Red Guard [RG]

in Match-ups

Okaishi.8320

Well, taking down a wall would’ve been possible. I’m just saying this for the sake of keeping it interesting, as this matchup will most likely be a blowout anyway. The golems made it a bit too easy imho, but whatever you prefer.

Member of TUP on Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: Danielle.3152

Danielle.3152

Nothing to do except attack keeps and hope someone turns up to defend with when you have a group of 25-30 in this tier. Most organised groups are like 5-10 ppl here. Worst random roll ever. Don’t think we can take this for 7 days.

[Scnd] Daniellita,
Blast!

in Match-ups

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

^i hope you get vabbi and fow next week

Roleplayer.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lance.5892

Lance.5892

Nothing to do except attack keeps and hope someone turns up to defend with when you have a group of 25-30 in this tier. Most organised groups are like 5-10 ppl here. Worst random roll ever. Don’t think we can take this for 7 days.

the race for who can queue into ebg first has begun

[VoTF] www.votf.net

in Match-ups

Pryda.8257

Well, taking down a wall would’ve been possible. I’m just saying this for the sake of keeping it interesting, as this matchup will most likely be a blowout anyway. The golems made it a bit too easy imho, but whatever you prefer.

No one is interested in RG in using Catapults/Trebs, so :/

Red Guard [RG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: iorlas.6721

iorlas.6721

15 AC’s?? wtf you talking about?we never had the time or the supplies to build that many.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Besgal.7582

Besgal.7582

UW garrison got golem-rushed before most of our ppl could join the borderland. No siege was built by then. Hell, just me and 5 others were there to watch the inner gate break down.

Zherros Flux – Asura Engineer
Swords of Underworld – [SWD]
Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sacrx.6721

Sacrx.6721

Thanks for 1050 of your souls tonight. Kiss. Whining about taking garri?. You should be more concerned about finding more health.

Red Guard – Ultimate Dominator World First 25/6/13
if carlsberg played Guardian.

in Match-ups

Pryda.8257

15 AC’s?? wtf you talking about?we never had the time or the supplies to build that many.

4 or 5 north inner on lord room, 3 west inner, one or two on the wall close to water inner, one on oil, one on roof + some you had between outer/inner watergate that made us change to SE gate.

Red Guard [RG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Epikindinos.9476

Epikindinos.9476

Hello from SPGR, finally I get to see RG in flesh and bone! Hopefully you won’t get bored of us this week, today we only had 15 and you had alot more(just out of curiosity Sacrx, how many did you have? and how many non guildies?).
This week will be all about field fights I hope and not 25 arrowcarts each gate lol

Commander Jack Da Black/Kindinos[GRTS]
Greek Titans
Gunnars Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

^i hope you get vabbi and fow next week

Don’t ever, ever say that. Don’t even joke, bro.

in Match-ups

Posted by: KillEveryoneElse.3940

KillEveryoneElse.3940

even tho points are ticking at 655 / 20 / 20

UW and FR are still gaining ranking overall due to the fact Augury is so much higher ranked ^^

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Seems like a fun matchup for everyone involved. The new server matchup system is awesome. Servers are ranked 7-19-20 so it can’t be lopsided either.

All is vain.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

Just wait until you see me (you will be most likely dead by then) !!

Reaper – Anguîsh

in Match-ups

iorlas.6721

4 or 5 north inner on lord room, 3 west inner, one or two on the wall close to water inner, one on oil, one on roof + some you had between outer/inner watergate that made us change to SE gate.

You golum rushed before the ac’s went up NOT because they were all ready built don’t talk so much crap,even then there was nothing like 15.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LameTerror.4032

LameTerror.4032

Coming from a boring matchup where we steamroll everything, now heading into a boring matchup where we get steamrolled. The previous matchup at least gave me the chance to level some alts in WvW. I think I will hang out at the mill a lot, hoping to get some practice on my 1v1.

Game Of Elements – Elementalist
WBC – Gunnar’s Hold

in Match-ups

Okaishi.8320

Seems like a fun matchup for everyone involved. The new server matchup system is awesome. Servers are ranked 7-19-20 so it can’t be lopsided either.

To be honest, I don’t think our servers were actually ranked that low, as it seems the ratings are bugged on MoS. You can also see this if you go to history and check out last weeks “results.” We’re actually rank 17 and 18 (not that it matters all that much).

The fact remains that the matchup is greatly imbalanced though, but I’ll still enjoy roaming around and perhaps we should focus our efforts on one map only.

Member of TUP on Gandara

(edited by Okaishi.8320)

in Match-ups

Pryda.8257

You golum rushed before the ac’s went up NOT because they were all ready built don’t talk so much crap,even then there was nothing like 15.

Thank god we got them on stream

Anyway, no need to be such a crybaby cause you lost your garrison man.

Red Guard [RG]

in Match-ups

Phoenix.3416

Thats not true, the AC was up before they came in, the siege we had was set up when they first attacked, the time they took it was much later and don’t say anyone is talking crap when you are yourself, I was commanding for 2 and a half hours on home last night and was there for both attacks tagged up.

Although they didn’t need golems to take our keep since they could PvD the gate down. They didn’t attack the gate they were farming kills, during the water gate attack i saw 20 players just standing there waiting for us to look out to be aoed down ha, the gate could have been killed much faster as only a few people were in garri when we found out about inner, i had tagged down and was leaving just before it happened then that happened.

Anyway impressive stuff RG, no need to boast about it though, its hardly an achievement winning with more players against less especially due to the rank difference

in Match-ups

Danielle.3152

We are not bragging about it, we did it because it was the only way to get some action, and there is not much else to do tbfh, we even completed the jumping puzzle as a guild for the first time in WvW because of the lack of fights for our scale. If we could choose we would have played this reset on Underworld or Fort Ranik against Augury Rock, it would have been much more entertaining.

Also we golem rushed garrison twice or maybe even three times so if people stopped confusing them, that would be helpful. Either way I see nothing wrong about golem rushing + Underworld had more on map than Fort Ranik so they were the more logical target.

[Scnd] Daniellita,
Blast!

in Match-ups

Posted by: yawn.1380

yawn.1380

Would like to see less crying. Yes AR is rank 7 and we are rank 20. They are stronger than us in many ways. Doesn’t mean we should just quit or cry on the forum all day. Make the most of it.

And RG can’t wait to meet you on the field. Been following Chemsorly for i don’t know how long xD. Hope we can give you at least some interesting fights not just lootbags :P

Snöwe Storm
Sword of Underworld [SWD]
Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kebab.4013

Kebab.4013

So nearing primetime and 585 ppt.

And with a bit of luck, same matchup next week!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nozdormu.4352

Nozdormu.4352

Looks like we won’t be seeing the inside of a lot of keeps this week, no need to stress about it too much ^^ RG, I can say that I don’t speak just for myself when I say many of us have great respect and admiration for your guild. I am looking forward to facing you, VOTF and others on the field, I just hope that UW will have the Outmanned buff when I do!

Guildless
Charr Guardian
47k kills and counting

in Match-ups

Danielle.3152

So nearing primetime and 585 ppt.

And with a bit of luck, same matchup next week!

There’s no question that the randomness of the roll is way too much and should be decreased so that maximum range is like 150 difference in ranking. There are huge blowouts every week in some matchup and it isn’t fun for any of the servers involved.

That is unless they somehow improve the outmanned mechanic to give something useful except no repair costs.

[Scnd] Daniellita,
Blast!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

We actually didn’t lose it, you wiped in lord’s room. But good you got it on stream.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Besgal.7582

Besgal.7582

Just had a great fight with an AR thief, while I was trying to kill his dollies. It got close for both of us at some point, too bad his friends joined to break up the epic fight.

I’m already satisfied that i could last that long gainst a thief. AR are also just players. If they don’t group up with 30+, theyr’e perfectly killable.

Zherros Flux – Asura Engineer
Swords of Underworld – [SWD]
Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: drnkndfght.7298

drnkndfght.7298

I’m already satisfied that i could last that long gainst a thief. AR are also just players. If they don’t group up with 30+, theyr’e perfectly killable.

wish rest of uw realized this and joined wvw

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snow.9813

Snow.9813

Well, it’s a unbalance match up but i’m having a great time .
Every win against AR as begun to be a little achievement and we are learning a lot, it’s a shame that people give up so easily.

insert name here Snow[GuM]

in Match-ups

Danielle.3152

We actually didn’t lose it, you wiped in lord’s room. But good you got it on stream.

I don’t mean this as an insult or an kitten claim but I don’t remember that we wiped there on reset. Maybe u r talking about a different AR raid.

Find the wipe for me:

http://www.twitch.tv/chemsorly/b/416875584

[Scnd] Daniellita,
Blast!

in Match-ups

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

Heyyyy Underworld and Fort Ranik Players in EB!

Come out and fight the blue ele running in circles around Stone Mist. I’m lonely :’(

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deff.7903

Deff.7903

the most important is to keep a sense of humor :

Attachments:

in Match-ups

iorlas.6721

I don’t mean this as an insult or an kitten claim but I don’t remember that we wiped there on reset. Maybe u r talking about a different AR raid.

Find the wipe for me:

Find the 15 arrow carts for me

in Match-ups

Miyu.8137

Find the wipe for me:

I meant the try which came in the time when the post about the golem rush was made. You were peaking with 460 points, having maybe double the forces we had on our own BL and still needed 10golems to get barely sieged gari.

in Match-ups

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

I meant the try which came in the time when the post about the golem rush was made. You were peaking with 460 points, having maybe double the forces we had on our own BL and still needed 10golems to get barely sieged gari.

Wait, what? 10 golems? We had 2-3 golems. I dont see the point wasting hours on sieging if it can be done in minutes…

4:26:13 -> 2 superior arrow carts + guild catapult + treb
4:28:00 -> 1 ballista + 2 (superior?) arrow carts
4:30:23 -> 2 arrow carts
4:30:30 -> 1 arrow cart at oil
4:30:35 -> 2 arrow carts
4:30:45 -> 1 arrow cart + guild catapult
4:32:04 -> 4+ arrow carts at watergate below
4:33:05 -> 1 superior arrow cart + 3 normal arrow carts +1 treb
4:38:45 -> 1 arrow cart + 1 ballista
4:39:08 -> 1 or 2 arrow carts

So let’s say 1 superior arrow cart counts as 1.5 that would make at highest 23.5 arrow carts and at lowest 22.5.

How is 22.5-23.5 arrow carts + 2 trebs +2 guild catapults and 2 ballista’s a ‘’barely sieged garisson’’?

in Match-ups

Pryda.8257

I was not even close with my 15 ACs

Red Guard [RG]

(edited by Pryda.8257)

in Match-ups

Phoenix.3416

Sigh, I already told you guys Garri was sieged, stop arguing that fact.

We simply didn’t have the numbers or enough players following orders to get on the siege at the time of the attack, and due to the prolonged attack from AR in which they were farming kills not trying to take garrison it allowed fort ranik to attack everything else we owned while garrison was getting camped.

Although you really didn’t need any golems to get the door down, you barely focused on attacking the door on purpose so we could get players into garrison for you to kill them

Was an interesting few hours anyway, UW guys stop complaining.

in Match-ups

iorlas.6721

Sigh… i already told you..Garrison was not seiged up when the first golems hit..i was there with about 4-5 others thats all.Didn’t have the time the people or supplies to get that amount of stuff up.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

It’s fun. I’m playing at Underworld(I’m German and I don’t like to play on German servers).

Balanced matches are always the best. If we are too strong – like last matchup – it is boring.

If imbalanced then I prefer to be weaker like this matchup. We are still holding good against AR. Unfortunalely FR is a bit weaker… and we are at the moment outmanned again(and no commander). I hope to see a bit more people online at the evening at UW so we can have some more fun.

Also Jumping Puzzle might be fun… but not many enemies there(seems the guys from AR prefer to take all the keeps, tower, camps instead of going JP) – at least we can hold our keep and have access to JP… last week it was boring there when we held all the keeps and no enemies. JP only fun with enemies there.

in Match-ups

Miyu.8137

Wait, what? 10 golems? We had 2-3 golems. I dont see the point wasting hours on sieging if it can be done in minutes…

So let’s say 1 superior arrow cart counts as 1.5 that would make at highest 23.5 arrow carts and at lowest 22.5.

How is 22.5-23.5 arrow carts + 2 trebs +2 guild catapults and 2 ballista’s a ‘’barely sieged garisson’’?

I obviously meant another rush of yours. It starts to be messy since you need to golem rush like every 2h or whatsoever. And yes ytd around 2pm you had 10 golems in our gari which was barely sieged. And no need to find for excuses like 42,25 arrow carts in. You are obviously used to do such stuff regularly in higher tiers and it’s completely fine. It’s us who are not used to face such forces and ppl get upset fast and are not interested to play. Oh well, anet wanted to try and we are the experimental rabbits.

in Match-ups

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

I obviously meant another rush of yours. It starts to be messy since you need to golem rush like every 2h or whatsoever. And yes ytd around 2pm you had 10 golems in our gari which was barely sieged. And no need to find for excuses like 42,25 arrow carts in. You are obviously used to do such stuff regularly in higher tiers and it’s completely fine. It’s us who are not used to face such forces and ppl get upset fast and are not interested to play. Oh well, anet wanted to try and we are the experimental rabbits.

We didnt even had a raid yesterday. You guys are bad at talking crap you know.

Sigh… i already told you..Garrison was not seiged up when the first golems hit..i was there with about 4-5 others thats all.Didn’t have the time the people or supplies to get that amount of stuff up.

Which first golems? Stream time please?

(edited by BlackDevil.9268)

in Match-ups

Phoenix.3416

I placed a lot of that siege myself so I know it was there, I came onto home maybe 15mins after reset had started.

The 1st time they attacked us involved no golems, they broke in the north west gate and ran around farming kills, we sieged the inner gates and kept them back for a while, I personally placed a guild catapult on the roof of garrison to cover the west gate, after a few shots AR withdrew and left. At this point the commander we were following had to go and eat so i tagged up for the rest of the event.

We repaired up and I asked for more siege to be made and trebs to be set up to attack bay while everyone else was to escort dollys into Garrison. The second time they attacked they came into the water gate, i was manning a treb attacking bay at the time and we didn’t realise they were there till inner was at 90%. Everyone came to garrison and defended, some thieves ninja repaired the outer water gate trapping the AR inside, we set up AC on the cliff and the ledges and forced a withdrawal after about 5 mins?.

Within 30 seconds they attacked the south east gate and had it down with 3 golems. After they got inside our wall upgrade kicked in but it was to late to keep them out for long.

By the time half of the water gate defenders had gotten back into garri they were on the inner north gate, i sat on the superior arrow carts at the vista asking everyone to man the siege but before anyone could get in place AR rushed in. They then spent the next while running around our walls killing anyone inside which allowed ranik to take the rest of our towers while we were stuck in garrison.

As for the siege they placed I can personally say this list is correct

The guild catapults and trebs were played by myself, The superior was played by Celaritas and the rest was either placed during the first assault or at the watergate during the second