4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Welcome back, boys and girls! Let’s keep this thread as classy as the last, and may the odds be forever in your favor! Looking forward to a few more good weeks of this match-up, which—I will admit—I have been thoroughly enjoying.

Cheers, and see you in the field!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

I almost thought no-one had bothered to make the match-up post. Then I looked on page two.

You can really tell how fierce and aggressive a match it is, can’t you?

Sea of Sorrows

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I almost thought no-one had bothered to make the match-up post. Then I looked on page two.

You can really tell how fierce and aggressive a match it is, can’t you?

How dare you! Time to get my keyboard warrior skills out!

…nah too lazy.

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eternalight.4708

Eternalight.4708

Update for all interested.

Crickets….TumbleweedsWind blows

I’m sure i heard a pin drop. :p

Attachments:

level 80 Thief – Home Sweet [Home] – Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC] ~ Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Eternalight.4708)

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Azure Prower.8701

The last thing you see before I claim your loot bag… Which I’ve been doing a lot tonight.

Attachments:

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Ghedoriah.4290

No, you fool! This thread is not allowed to be on page 1! The universe will implode!

Sea of Sorrows

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

Less posting, more fighting, cheers all.

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Azure Prower.8701

Another score update.

Attachments:

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Crystal Desert and Stormbluff Isle post on the forums more please =), just out of curiousity has your oceanic presence’s increased recently?

Attachments:

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Rising Dusk.2408

Crystal Desert and Stormbluff Isle post on the forums more please =), just out of curiousity has your oceanic presence’s increased recently?

Unfortunately, no, we were just staying up really late. I was so unbelievably tired last night when we got the outmanned buff in EB and tried to rally people together to hold what we had. Good shows all around.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Ghedoriah.4290

Ack, I’m sorry to hear that. Honestly, in the long-run, it’s better to take it slightly easier and not risk burning out. I’ve long-since learned not to get up in arms over our lack of coverage during EU – if anyone from SEA was still up feeling like they needed to stay up and help, I’d tell them to get their kitten to bed already. You just have to do the best you can with what you’ve got and leave it at that.

Sea of Sorrows

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

CD’s has diminished afaik.

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Rising Dusk.2408

Ack, I’m sorry to hear that. Honestly, in the long-run, it’s better to take it slightly easier and not risk burning out. I’ve long-since learned not to get up in arms over our lack of coverage during EU – if anyone from SEA was still up feeling like they needed to stay up and help, I’d tell them to get their kitten to bed already. You just have to do the best you can with what you’ve got and leave it at that.

Yup, we know. It’s all good, and we don’t really mind all that much. We kick butt with what we’ve got and that’s all we can ask of anyone. I have to admit, however, that our server has gotten a lot more close and tight-knit as a result, and it’s actually been a lot more fun these days than it was back in T1. That’s just me, though.

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Malotoro.6502

Malotoro.6502

I just want to post probs to my fellow CDers. I have never been on such a tenacious server for PvP or WvW!!! I mean outnumbered with constant outmanned buff in place and we will simply just not give up. I like that…“I would rather fight alongside you than an army of thousands…”

Its too bad we had several major exodus from CD but the ppl we have left are amazing. I am glad to be part of it.

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

From those that were in EB earlier today. /salute. SoS is having lots of fun even with lower numbers. Check out our militia’s shenanigans in SM earlier today. We had wiped SBI zerg before this clip starts and then CD zerg came moments later. We love being the frosting in this trio.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: JakobGW.5730

JakobGW.5730

[FEAR] and [TKVA] 5-man roaming group causing havoc in SBI Borderlands. If you’re running a small roaming group come find us!

EDIT: We have 9 now.

EDIT: SBI we’re leaving Godslore now. You guys can have it. You don’t have to build any more trebs, arrow carts or catas. =)

(edited by JakobGW.5730)

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

I swear I run into FEAR TKVA so many times when I’m running alone, you guys are pretty tight. Last time I seen you guys you had 2 mesmers so you looked like you had way more

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gravy.7589

Gravy.7589

Siiigh, CD seems to be using their wxp to gain some OP skills. From flying over our party in BL’s to the constant teleporting in EB. Many many reports have been sent yet Anet seems to be taking their sweet time. At least our engineer friend in EB doesn’t have a guild tag anymore, lolololol. Totally makes it ok……….

(edited by Gravy.7589)

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Awesome battle in SM last night! Seemed like half the walls and gates were down. All three of us were in there, CD hitting from one side, SoS from the other.

I was sorry I had to go to bed.

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

CD’s has diminished afaik.

We have, I’m tired of this matchup already so I’m taking a break from WvW for a while, last time I did that I got 3 dungeon armor sets for each of my toons, so I’m afraid of what I’ll do now, probably a legendary, or a commander hat for each of my toons, well see.

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Rising Dusk.2408

We have, I’m tired of this matchup already so I’m taking a break from WvW for a while, last time I did that I got 3 dungeon armor sets for each of my toons, so I’m afraid of what I’ll do now, probably a legendary, or a commander hat for each of my toons, well see.

Awh, but I enjoy fighting you guys! We’re pretty evenly matched in ppt and coverage, usually, and having you guys around makes the match-ups so much more enjoyable!

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

CD fielded some amazing numbers tonight on EB. We had a lot of fun fighting you and people that say T4 has no fights really don’t know what they’re talking about.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sinaya.4201

Sinaya.4201

I feel like Crystal Desert is bleeding more guilds, or at least that’s what the map chat rumors seem to imply. I’m personally pretty sick of this match up. I hoping that either SoS moves up a tier or that we move down a tier, since those seem like the two most hopeful scenarios.

Is there a website that tracks server population by region or play time?

Crystal Desert

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

I feel like Crystal Desert is bleeding more guilds, or at least that’s what the map chat rumors seem to imply. I’m personally pretty sick of this match up. I hoping that either SoS moves up a tier or that we move down a tier, since those seem like the two most hopeful scenarios.

Is there a website that tracks server population by region or play time?

No on the last part.

Honestly SoS needs few more NA guilds before we can move out. We usually have a VERY small crew that overplays during the week.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

We’ve lost three Wv3 guilds since the SoS/SBI/CD match up began. Not huge numbers, but definitely some of the more experienced players and a couple commanders.

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Gravy.7589

On a nightly basis, SOS usually has the biggest numbers in EB during NA prime time. You can easily run 60-70 deep. Your NA crew just needs to get better. That zerg backs off fights way to often and usually runs around like chickens with their heads cut of during bigger battles. At times you seem to be able to get everyone to coordinate together but generally your EB zerg is REALLY undisciplined.

I would agree, that if you wanted to move up tiers you need some more NA people but your numbers are not that low. That being said, I was really disappointing in how undisciplined we are on SBI as well, when running in any sized zerg. This weekend I saw A LOT people not tracking commander tags and being easily picked off or find themselves alone while the commander was making tactical moves. PAY ATTENTION to your commander tag GDI. By being lazy, undisciplined noobs you are allowing the enemy to rally off your death and just killing the over all strength of the party you are running with.

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grieve.1432

Grieve.1432

Honestly, the best thing for this tier at the moment, as far as balancing goes, would be for an increase in Oceanics for CD/SBI or a decrease in Oceanics for SOS. I mean this is assuming all 3 servers enjoy the tier and SOS is not dead set on moving up a tier.

Just my 2 cents.

Also, hope I didn’t miss any amazing fights while I was gone this weekend.

South of Heaven [SoH] – Crystal Desert
Grieve Logdan (Human War) | Rifte Torin (Charr Thief)
Feylicia Logdan (Human Mes) | Elias Foralli (Asura Guard)

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yohimbe.1876

Yohimbe.1876

We’ve lost three Wv3 guilds since the SoS/SBI/CD match up began. Not huge numbers, but definitely some of the more experienced players and a couple commanders.

I’m sorry to hear that. Experienced Commander and player loss tends to create an immediate nasty overall loss in WvW player base. On the upside, it gives folks who are not usually Commanders a chance to step up and earn their chops.

Chay Darkhaven – SBI
Leader of The Ethereal Guard
Huzzah!

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

MrKnieves.4162

We only lost 3 SEA guilds, even tho I still see their tags around a lot so those stranded might join other guilds, just because a guild leader decides to leave doesn’t mean all guild members will. That being said, I know of several people that are tired of the current matchup and are taking a break until we either go down one tier or something else happens.

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Marquiz.7625

Marquiz.7625

CD fielded some amazing numbers tonight on EB. We had a lot of fun fighting you and people that say T4 has no fights really don’t know what they’re talking about.

Haha, we were trying to take your keep, but SBI keeps poking our back and we had to back off a few times, finally got tired and past our bedtime, so had to give up. Had SBI left us alone for 30mins we would have made a good sustained attempt to grab the keep

Marquiz
Home: Crystal Desert
Guild: [KöMÉ] §Strength, Honour & Duty§

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: ReapersSolitude.1940

ReapersSolitude.1940

I for one enjoy the fights in T4, as far as our zerg(sos) in the evening 9pm central us time we have a pretty good organized zerg. Responsive and tactical. Its a less stressful tier to play in. I have had. Keep up the good fights cd/sbi

ReapersSolitude -LVL 80 Guardian/Fate/Commander – SOS has been my home since day one.

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: RoyalCrysis.1065

RoyalCrysis.1065

Definitely been some great fights out there! I enjoy running some havok in CD and SOS borderlands with my guild mates, so if you our tag [UDL] get ready for a fight! GO SBI

Zoren – BG – GoF

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

How is EBay coverage like? Maybe they can offset the balance if they come up 1 tier and swap with CD. I know SF is bursting through the ranks, if they reach T5 before EBay comes up, we’ll be stuck here even longer.

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

How is EBay coverage like? Maybe they can offset the balance if they come up 1 tier and swap with CD. I know SF is bursting through the ranks, if they reach T5 before EBay comes up, we’ll be stuck here even longer.

Last time we fought Ebay we didn’t beat them by much and that was before a number of players/guilds left CD. I actually think they would either be even with us or a little better at this point, but the ratings system will prevent them from coming up a tier for awhile.

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sinaya.4201

Sinaya.4201

I for one enjoy the fights in T4, as far as our zerg(sos) in the evening 9pm central us time we have a pretty good organized zerg. Responsive and tactical. Its a less stressful tier to play in. I have had. Keep up the good fights cd/sbi

Of course it’s less stressful for you. Your server is typically winning, and by a pretty significant margin:

Sea of Sorrows – 1,697.545
Stormbluff Isle – 1,586.171
Crystal Desert – 1,562.632

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Crystal Desert

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Azure Prower.8701

It’s not like you guys are even trying any more…

Attachments:

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Seren.6850

So so many doritos on that minimap

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Gravy.7589

Hope CD and SoS enjoyed their ride on the Bannok train last night.

Only 20 towers SoS. Guess some of those doors are giving you a hard time?

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: JakobGW.5730

JakobGW.5730

I, as well as many of my roaming buds, haven’t “tried” to add points to the board in several months. I can’t remember the last time I placed siege. A few months ago I gave all my siege (including over 50 or so superior pieces) to a commander friend who doesn’t even play much anymore. I will assist taking a tower or keep if it appears as though I’ll get some WXP, Karma or if I need to kill a champion for my daily.

The point is that posting these screenshots means nothing to probably over 70% of the WvW population now. Nobody that groups with me gives a kitten anymore and I get the feeling that a lot of people share the same feelings.

Regardless of that, we’re always looking for a good fight or a zerg to break up. =)

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Rising Dusk.2408

As much as I’d love to lie and say our / CD’s 8AM NA coverage is good, it’s not, and you know it’s not, so I have no idea what you’re expecting to see.

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Seren.6850

Yeah I felt bad for the like 2 guys that were in CD garrison, salute to you. You are the real hero’s

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bannok.3152

Bannok.3152

Its honestly amazing to me how you can continue to play on a server that has 0 opposition day in and day out for your time slot and STILL find a way to log in and beat on empty towers after 8 months. Even worse, you aren’t going anywhere for some time, so not like any dawn on the horizon.

Bannok – Dark Covenant (SBI)

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Ghedoriah.4290

Whilst that argument can play out to its intended effect in certain other tiers, I think you forget who you’re directing that at.

Sea of Sorrows

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: ReapersSolitude.1940

ReapersSolitude.1940

I mean no disrespect at all to cd or sbi when I posted about a stress free tier, we fell from t1 we apply the same style of game play we would have if playing in those higher tiers. We do have great commanders and you (the opposition) do as well. We at one point know what you are going through. at one point in higher tiers we dealt with the same thing. SoS has gone through a great rebuild. We had the problem with guilds leaving less coverage and not winning. It sucks but we went through it. You guys are great to fight against its fun to play. We have such a great community and no one bashes you guys from what I see. I am I wrong?

ReapersSolitude -LVL 80 Guardian/Fate/Commander – SOS has been my home since day one.

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Gravy.7589

I think by less stressful, he/she means you are not being zerged on every map pretty much 24/7, like in tier 1 and 2.

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Iconoklast.2389

Iconoklast.2389

I personally love this tier. Enough zerg to have some good sized fights but not enough to make it the only viable strategy, especially on the BL’s.

See you all on the battlefields!

Iconoklast – Guardian / Icono Clone – Mesmer
Tiny Icono – Engineer / The Icono – Elementalist
SoS – Empyrean Knights [EK] YB – The Coasters [TC]

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: johnnycosmic.9130

johnnycosmic.9130

Great job Crystal Desert! I think we are going to win this time!

Attachments:

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

MrKnieves.4162

As much as I’d love to lie and say our / CD’s 8AM NA coverage is good, it’s not, and you know it’s not, so I have no idea what you’re expecting to see.

LOL I guess he expects that people dedicate their lives to this game, instead of working/school.

Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

LOL I guess he expects that people dedicate their lives to this game, instead of working/school.

In the words of Amber Vine: “Work so interferes with my gaming life!” Even yesterday, my supervisor kept coming in and asking for things, and I was all, “Don’t you understand?! The patch notes were just posted!” Alas, her righteous indignation was strong.

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

(edited by Nikked.7365)

4/26 SoS | SBI | CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I’d like to thank SBI for their tenacity. I’ve never completed a monthly WvW requirement in 15 minutes before, but thanks to you going “full lemming” into us so much at South camp (SoS BL) I got well over 50 badges and probably 100+ kills in that short amount of time.

Gloating aside, I love your no quit attitudes over there. CD takes their ball and goes home mid-week but we can always count on you to mix it up a bit.