4/26 T6: DH/IoJ/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

We’ll just have to do some good fight nights so we get more comfy with each other! I’ll schedule a time now….How about 5pm eastern on Thursday in DH bl by the windmill?
Boom, done.

DH Yak’s Bend – Perfect Dark [PD]
Dr Hoppenheimer – Engi / Meowzir – Guard /
Mulcibur Nox – Ele / Mr Directed – Mes

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sobiech.9613

Sobiech.9613

Darn CCNA classes…I want to WvW!!!! The score is too close!!

-Props to IoJ for standing tall and fighting tooth and nail.
-Props to SF for quickly making me realize that you’re more than a T8 server who got lil help to make it to T7. You guys are for real.
-Props to DH for adapting to our new enemy. Still saw the zergs but there’s more coordination in chat.

Looking forward to this matchup for many weeks.

Reine Tovar [HoTR] – Mesmer
Aerika [HoTR] – Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Spooky Mulder.1524

Spooky Mulder.1524

DH is giving us a taste of our own medicine. Everywhere we go, there you are. Impressive.

Commander Minerva Vix
[CoSA]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in Match-ups

Posted by: ShockStun.7453

ShockStun.7453

Another fun night at SF BL! Loved the fights between Hills/Water/Lake

Shock

in Match-ups

Posted by: DisplayName.7802

DisplayName.7802

Excuse me sir, you are not a guard.

Attachments:

Basic Banjo

in Match-ups

Posted by: KinkyGiraffe.4123

KinkyGiraffe.4123

Excuse me sir, you are not a guard.

Dude your map was giving me head spins, was trying to work out where you were! lol

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grimm Maltok.3514

Grimm Maltok.3514

Does SF have any roamers or small party play at all? All i see are zergballs of SF fighting our zergballs of DH. I know their are some seriously good players around, but i have yet to see them!

I like to roam around, or rather I did like to roam around during our short time in T7. I picked up a few things from some of the awesome roaming guilds from T7 (thanks a bunch especially from [XOXO]). Fortunately, this is the first time since the whole WvW overhaul that SF has had a hard time to keep a firm grip on the lead and I’ve been working more closely with my server and have actually turned on my commander title that I’ve left dormant for so many weeks.

Nonetheless, I’d be happy to do a 1v1 with you or with any of your roaming friends, I’m not saying that I’m great but I’m looking to learn new techniques, learn how to think, and to also have fun.

~Grimm

Grimm Maltok – Lvl 80 Thief
SF | Commander | [LORD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

Just a question: last time I checked, we (DR) still performed quite well, but suddenly we don’t just drop to red and drop to T7 instead?

in Match-ups

Posted by: urbanevil.7145

urbanevil.7145

Awesome fight’s tonigh to both DH and SF, [HARD] was in the SF BL and man it was just nothing but fighting from hills, to lake, to tower, and rinse and repeat. Was a great night, and we got alot of action!

Just a sample of it!

IOJ-Raganarkz – 80 Asura Thief [HARD]
IOJ-Bouttobuffitup – 80 Norn Guard[HARD]
http://www.hardcorepwnography.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: fost.9167

fost.9167

Stonemist will not come cheaply!!!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rexand.8643

Rexand.8643

THAT was the most epic Sm battle i have ever been a part of. Congratulations SF.

P.S. thank you for all the Badges

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snow.9632

Snow.9632

epic battle in SM DH…..epic

in Match-ups

Posted by: DisplayName.7802

DisplayName.7802

kitten, gg at SM lol

Basic Banjo

in Match-ups

Posted by: ammayhem.5962

ammayhem.5962

Man, it sucks that I’m on the last couple weeks of school term. I’ve hardly been able to join in the fight. So agonizing, especially with T6 being so close!

Port Sledge University [PSU]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in Match-ups

Posted by: Voljaz.9186

Voljaz.9186

Just a question: last time I checked, we (DR) still performed quite well, but suddenly we don’t just drop to red and drop to T7 instead?

It doesn’t follow an exact process, it’s based on points. IoJ’s DR’s and SF’s points were so close together, on DR’s last week there was only a 10 point’ish difference between IoJ and you. Because you finished 3rd place you lost more points than IoJ and SF gained alot of points, you ended up behind SF in points because there was a small gap to close so you by-passed red completely because SF had more points, you just dropped right down and took SF’s spot in T7.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zelthios.5902

Zelthios.5902

There are 2 scoreboards worth watching. DH is expected to win by significantly more than a slight lead.

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA
DH -41
IOJ -.8
SF +40

Sorrows Furnace has a strong chance to continue advancing and plays the spoiler role of keeping T5 out of reach of DH. Regardless, fun fights so far.

Nah

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

It doesn’t follow an exact process, it’s based on points. IoJ’s DR’s and SF’s points were so close together, on DR’s last week there was only a 10 point’ish difference between IoJ and you. Because you finished 3rd place you lost more points than IoJ and SF gained alot of points, you ended up behind SF in points because there was a small gap to close so you by-passed red completely because SF had more points, you just dropped right down and took SF’s spot in T7.

Heh, and here I thought DH simply upgraded and IoJ simply downgraded. Was tried of fighting the same zergs for wekks on end. At least on T7 I experience actual battle (commanders say there was no tactics, but hey, ‘least I get some action and we’re not outmanned for once)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rogue Lemming.6358

Rogue Lemming.6358

Amazing battle in SM tonight!
Love this match-up!
I can see staying in T6 for quite some time.

On a side note: Please remember that the comments of individuals are not representative of the server at large. I’m truly appalled by some of the behavior a few Sorrows Furnace players have exhibited.
Please accept my apology for those among us who lack the intellectual acumen to discern friendly smack-talk from blatant trolling.

I can assure you that the SF WvW regulars hold IoJ and DH in the highest regard and have been very excited by the overall good nature of this match up.

Keep up the good fight and thank you for making us work for it!

~G27

[Update]
Nice job taking SM away from us DH!
We shall return….

Kylie Rogue [ECG][CoSA][FARM]
East Coast Guardians: [ECG-B]G27
Why [FARM] is for you!

(edited by Rogue Lemming.6358)

in Match-ups

Posted by: J J.7902

J J.7902

Another hard fought night in SF BL. I missed all the fun in EB because of the DH and IoJ zergs running rampant through our BL. It has been a long time since I have seen EB mostly gone and most of our BL. (like earlier this evening) We fought for every inch tonight in our BL with the skeleton crew we had defending…

Great job tonight SF BL defenders, keep it up!

[Rekz] Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: FishEB.2043

FishEB.2043

with the skeleton crew we had defending…

You guys had like twice our number, while simutaniously drawing orange swords vs DH in the north.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Wat

What’s the matter? If that’s a skeleton crew for them, it’s a skeleton crew for them. Move along, nothing to see here.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Match-ups

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

Not entirely surprise at our lack of numbers as of late — a lot of the fair-weather players who only wanted to be around for the bootstompings are probably back at it in PvE.

If the new PvE patch is worthwhile at all, we could be in for a rough next couple weeks.

Also score update.

Attachments:

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

in Match-ups

Posted by: ZeroPoint.9285

ZeroPoint.9285

I have no doubt DH will win this week and by the type of lead we had become accustomed to by week’s end on SF. DH and IOJ I got to give you guys some respect.. putting up a much better fight than our previous opponents in weeks past, and you guys don’t scare or lose heart and stop fighting. T6 I think would be a fun place to be for awhile if we can get it together enough to stay in it… I’d like to think we’re mostly grownups on SF… but come on guys.. only been out of T8 a few weeks and now we got to start the guild peeing contests? We’re supposed to be fighting them not each other.

(edited by ZeroPoint.9285)

in Match-ups

Posted by: mfernandez.4172

mfernandez.4172

basicly what my WvW looked like tonight. everyday im flippin’

Attachments:

EROTIC DISCO HEAT [SE] [FR]
http://www.youtube.com/user/taeHocsiD

(edited by mfernandez.4172)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

You guys had like twice our number, while simutaniously drawing orange swords vs DH in the north.

Because there’s no way those were DH’s swords.

Disciple of Quag

in Match-ups

Posted by: I Monk For L O V E.7528

I Monk For L O V E.7528

Because there’s no way those were DH’s swords.

Lol this, you realize if they had 24 people up there and we had 1 fighting them, that orange swords will pop. Please think before you commence forum trolling next time.

None Shall Pass – Level 80 Guardian
No Yaks Shall Pass – Level 80 Thief
Sorrows Furnace – Special Tactics Assault Recon[StaR]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lucky Shot.8740

Lucky Shot.8740

There are 2 scoreboards worth watching. DH is expected to win by significantly more than a slight lead.

DH -41
IOJ -.8
SF +40

Sorrows Furnace has a strong chance to continue advancing and plays the spoiler role of keeping T5 out of reach of DH. Regardless, fun fights so far.

Nah

You don’t have to watch it at all, but Sorrows Furnace has been forced to keep an eye on this second scoreboard for months. If we win this week, we’re blue next week. If we come in second this week, we’re blue next week. And the majority of points we’re using to move up is from Darkhaven for not winning by Glicko’s expectations.

DH -33.7
IOJ -5.4
SF +37.8

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zelthios.5902

Zelthios.5902

DH -41
IOJ -.8
SF +40

Nah

You don’t have to watch it at all, but Sorrows Furnace has been forced to keep an eye on this second scoreboard for months. If we win this week, we’re blue next week. If we come in second this week, we’re blue next week. And the majority of points we’re using to move up is from Darkhaven for not winning by Glicko’s expectations.

DH -33.7
IOJ -5.4
SF +37.8

Thats nice

in Match-ups

Posted by: Creepy Silent.9801

Creepy Silent.9801

The Swindler needs to come to tier 7, there is so much roaming action and small man fight’s, you know you would like it

Anonymous Defender[AD][BSty]
Ehmry Bay
Tug Life

in Match-ups

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

Ill tell ya what! Im having a great time with with Sorrows Furnace. you guys Have So many people its insane! this is the most fun ive had since ive started wvw. And now that the darkhaven blood is pumping i think our next reset night is going to be one for the record books…take that in conjunction with SF’s [King] getting into the fight and this could end up being the fight to watch in Guild wars tiers!

Although i do have to say…I miss me some Gab up in here…i havent been accused of being a signet warrior in almost 3 days..and im going through withdraw.

Sorrows Furnace is some classy folks…i hope to be bashing your skulls in for many weeks to come! <3

Jaxx The Ele.

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mayhem.1935

Mayhem.1935

The Swindler needs to come to tier 7, there is so much roaming action and small man fight’s, you know you would like it

You are sorely missed by me thats for sure!

-The Swindler-Mesmer —

in Match-ups

Posted by: I Monk For L O V E.7528

I Monk For L O V E.7528

Thanks for the badge farming service tsmorning at our breakout tower on your BL DH. Sadly i didnt get any screenshots because i forgot to take them but it was a fun hold. You guys got way too predictable with the portal bombs though. Hope it was fun for all involved though

None Shall Pass – Level 80 Guardian
No Yaks Shall Pass – Level 80 Thief
Sorrows Furnace – Special Tactics Assault Recon[StaR]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sobiech.9613

Sobiech.9613

Score Update (for those interested)

DH – 116602 (190) -34
IoJ – 93017 (230) -0.5
SF – 107988 (275) +33

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/#NA

Reine Tovar [HoTR] – Mesmer
Aerika [HoTR] – Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Mmmm, I’m ecstatic we got into a match that we aren’t winning by significant margins. I just wish you guys were seeing our full force. I’m not exactly sure what’s going on lately, but some parts of the day have been really flakey for numbers, hopefully it’s finals or something in that vein and not fairweathers running away.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

in Match-ups

Posted by: cyranstar.3425

cyranstar.3425

Let me just say welcome to SF, I’m late to the forum party, but OMG the Stonemist battle last night was epic!
A good hour and a half sieged up in the Lord’s room combatting zergs pushing from the NE, NW and South entrances into inner was thrilling! Your multiple portal bombs were a great effort and I apologize for mass amounts of confusion fields but, hey a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do to protect her DH friends.
We knew when the end finally came and died gracefully, with cheers of congratulations on TS for a job well done on both sides of the battle, and a lot of respect for the effort displayed by SF. Good job, I look forward to more epic battles!

DH you made me proud. <3

SBI/Abys/Mes-Anyaleska, Engi-Scarlett Rogue, Guardian-Anyalyssa

in Match-ups

Posted by: Spooky Mulder.1524

Spooky Mulder.1524

you guys Have So many people its insane!

Haha, lots of peeps MIA this week. You ain’t seen nothing yet.

Commander Minerva Vix
[CoSA]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

I like this matchup, appreciate the nice people we are up against for the most part, and we are finally getting the reality check that a lot of us were on record as saying was coming. And I do not mean that in a negative way in any form or fashion. We have been breaking in some new people and new commanders over the last month or so. Also I would suggest, again, that we get some things going over on the BLs. I know we have done great in our BL, and decent in EB, but we really have to be more offensive-minded in the other two BLs to be successful I think.

Like I said before, if we just focus on 2 of 4 maps then we allow our matchup partners to do the same, and then it just becomes a war of attrition. It would be a better use of our “infamous numbers” to spread them out a bit more and have some commanders running BLs, during primetime at the least to force our fellow T6 servers to spread out as well.

Like I said before we are all guilty of logging into EB for the instant action and the large-scale fights, but if we do want to remain competitive we will need a presence on all 4 maps.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

What’s up, SF? Only such a small lead?

It is a pretty tight match really, and we do not have any nighttime folks, well we do just not in the numbers that we are reportedly going up against at night.

Hang in there guys and keep grinding, we will get it sorted.

What? We have a bunch of nighttime people, that’s usually when we shine.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Match-ups

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Does SF have any roamers or small party play at all? All i see are zergballs of SF fighting our zergballs of DH. I know their are some seriously good players around, but i have yet to see them!

I’m a SF roamer…although people tend to start following me after a bit.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Match-ups

Mayhem.1935

I’m a SF roamer…although people tend to start following me after a bit.

I had a nice duel with 7 mirror from KING guild in IOJBL earlier, it was fun but ended in a draw due to IOJ guys interferring. Was the first really tough SF ive fought. Looking forward to more fun and challenging fights from other SF roamers/groups so far its mostly been zerg dodging and picking off stragglers.

-The Swindler-Mesmer —

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rogue Lemming.6358

Rogue Lemming.6358

Actually, we quite often break off into small squads but we have such a tight knit community that we end up with more and more people joining in because we all enjoy playing together so much! lol

For example:
“Things look like they’re under control here lets hit some camps in a BL.”
(A short time later)
“Hey where did XXXX go?”
“Oh they’re over in XXBL flipping camps with XXXX and XXXX.”
“Right on, I think I’ll head over there for a wile to.”

This will happen several times a night.
We also jump in and out of various parties depending on what we are working on and often end up working collaboratively toward common goals.

I can understand that a sea of “Sorrows Furnace Invaders” might look like a mindless zerg but to us its John and Steve, Frank, Liz, Becky, and Allen. More often than not it’s several parties converging to support each-other while working toward a common goal. What gets even more confusing to outsiders is that many of our Guilds cross pollinate and frequently join parties with people in other Guilds so we look even less uniform.

Hope that answers your question!
I’d say more but I don’t want to give away the secret sauce! =D

[Legal]
The names used heretofore have been changed to protect the (relatively) innocent.

~G27

Kylie Rogue [ECG][CoSA][FARM]
East Coast Guardians: [ECG-B]G27
Why [FARM] is for you!

in Match-ups

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Stop revealing that we even have a secret sauce! Gah! That’s how sauce-stealing-attempts happen.

It’s true through, we are really all roamers at heart, especially those of us that have been around SF since launch. Roamers were required when we got bumped down to t8 originally. We are just so used to pushing points so hard to get finally get into a tier where we are well-matched that we are realizing we can finally take a breather and enjoy where we are now. You’ll probably see quite a bit more roamers as we settle in.

in Match-ups

Mayhem.1935

Stop revealing that we even have a secret sauce! Gah! That’s how sauce-stealing-attempts happen.

It’s true through, we are really all roamers at heart, especially those of us that have been around SF since launch. Roamers were required when we got bumped down to t8 originally. We are just so used to pushing points so hard to get finally get into a tier where we are well-matched that we are realizing we can finally take a breather and enjoy where we are now. You’ll probably see quite a bit more roamers as we settle in.

Awesome! I know I, and a few others (GRIM/PD) will appreciate the good, small scale fighting.

-The Swindler-Mesmer —

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

What’s up, SF? Only such a small lead?

It is a pretty tight match really, and we do not have any nighttime folks, well we do just not in the numbers that we are reportedly going up against at night.

Hang in there guys and keep grinding, we will get it sorted.

What? We have a bunch of nighttime people, that’s usually when we shine.

I would point you to the thread created to recruit oceanic timezone players, as this has been a known coverage gap for SF for a very long time. “Nighttime” was perhaps a poor choice of words: basically we have poor coverage during the NA Midnight-ish to 6AM, and then most of the work/school day as we have found out.

While this might not seem like a “gap” up til this point, DH and IoJ focus has proven it to be an issue. Also if you are still wondering if this is indeed true, I would point you back to our T8 days and the infamous “kangaroo cappers” from ET that enjoyed the run of the joint during these same “oceanic hours”.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

I can understand that a sea of “Sorrows Furnace Invaders” might look like a mindless zerg but to us its John and Steve, Frank, Liz, Becky, and Allen.

And Bob (I am Bob.)

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Yeah, I think ‘night time’ was just a bad choice of word(s). EC is very familiar with our strengths. But yes, *shakesfist @ DH/IoJ. I wanna fights you at our prime times! (when I’m mostly on)

in Match-ups

Posted by: urbanevil.7145

urbanevil.7145

Im loving this match-up thus far, we’ve been kinda fighting DH for a few week’s now so we know them pretty well, and SF has been a fresh face. The thing i appreciate is the amount of cheesey crap has been cut down considerably (atleast when i play that is, im unaware of what happens when im gone lol). Last night was a great example, IOJ was on SF’s BL, we had DH behind us at the lake tower pushing us thru the tunnel, and it seemed like if we wiped them, SF was right there crossing the bridge from hill’s! Was great to see that level of coordination and fighting going on in the open field. We had to fall back into water on a few occasion’s, and had to fall back into the tower on quite a few other occasion’s, but kitten if it was’nt fun as hell! Im sure IOJ will get bounced at some point, just due to the number’s game, but im having the time of my life right now! There was no time for break’s or deep breath’s it was constant fighting last night in SF BL. Ended up with 189 badge’s and it was intense! Good fight’s to all, can’t wait to get off work and get my Asura back on the battlefield.

IOJ-Raganarkz – 80 Asura Thief [HARD]
IOJ-Bouttobuffitup – 80 Norn Guard[HARD]
http://www.hardcorepwnography.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: ammayhem.5962

ammayhem.5962

I’m not exactly sure what’s going on lately, but some parts of the day have been really flakey for numbers, hopefully it’s finals or something in that vein and not fairweathers running away.

That’s been my problem this week, and will be next week likely: Finals.

As you said though, hopefully that’s the reason others haven’t been on. =/

Port Sledge University [PSU]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in Match-ups

Posted by: fost.9167

fost.9167

Yeah SM was massive fun, was sad I had to leave

Those portal bombs were fun though.

Here is to more fights!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

Here is a score update for those that can’t play right now.

It’s been fun SF but I thought it was time to give IOJ some love.

I hope you guys are enjoying the matchup as much as me and my guild [PD] is!!

Attachments:

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]