4/26 T6: DH/IoJ/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rogue Lemming.6358

Rogue Lemming.6358

There’s been a fair amount of whining in our (SF’s) map chats about how we’re losing and we’re “not up to the challenge”

The score would indicate that we are not up for the challenge,

The score would indicate that we are right where we need to be. Whether we are up to the challenge depends on our ability to continue evolving. If we loose numbers because some of our players have become complacent and refuse to rise to the challenge then perhaps we are not up to it. In contrast, if our regulars are able to adapt, evolve, and overcome then there is no reason we can’t be competitive in T6. I’ve been part of countless battles in T6 against superior numbers where we’ve held our own because we worked together as a team and win or loose we’ve held ground for far longer than pure numbers would suggest. Just because we are not steam rolling the competition everyday doesn’t mean that we are not up to the challenge. It just means that we need to adapt to the changing environment.

Read the screenshot I’ve posted. Anyone with even the most remedial analytical aptitude can see that we are right where we need to be.

Are we “up to the challenge?”
I can only speak for myself when I say that I know I am.
Each one of us will have to decide if they are individually “up to the challenge.”
Whether we were collectively “up to the challenge” can only be determined in hindsight.

~G27

Attachments:

Kylie Rogue [ECG][CoSA][FARM]
East Coast Guardians: [ECG-B]G27
Why [FARM] is for you!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

Anyone with even the most remedial analytical aptitude can see that we are right where we need to be.

Indubitably. Second place looks good on ya! :P

As a server though, you really have to think hard if you want to move up in tiers. The next tier up really IS a different ballgame. I think all of the “lower” tiers (i.e. tier 6, 7, are relatively closely matched. There are distinct differences, and a reason why a server like DH is in 6 while others arent, but its not a huge disparity. Just like quarter mile times, tier five is like being able to run it in under ten seconds. Each step takes that much more power, and that much more queues (shudder).

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

Why does everyone chase me across the whole map XD

All of you want to kill me THAT bad?

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zelthios.5902

Zelthios.5902

Why does everyone chase me across the whole map XD

All of you want to kill me THAT bad?

because dat kitten /p>

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lorvul.5482

Lorvul.5482

Had a lot of fun in EB against DH. Was able to take our towers back and defend them pretty well. Kept our camps most of the time and was able to cut off supply lines to SMC…keeping everyone starved. Then was able to push pretty hard into SMC and DH land. But at last I can’t play forever, wish the other big WvW players would actually be on this week, we are missing over 50% of our major players in WvW. Come back!!!! lol

Marnoll Whitefyre [Gore] (SF)

Commander Marnoll Whitefyre [Gore]
Sorrow’s Furnace
Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zelthios.5902

Zelthios.5902

Had a lot of fun in EB against DH. Was able to take our towers back and defend them pretty well. Kept our camps most of the time and was able to cut off supply lines to SMC…keeping everyone starved. Then was able to push pretty hard into SMC and DH land. But at last I can’t play forever, wish the other big WvW players would actually be on this week, we are missing over 50% of our major players in WvW. Come back!!!! lol

Not really I enjoyed smashing you at the camps

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheRatofFilth.3528

TheRatofFilth.3528

I’m not from that guild but there was zero competition to our 7 man from anyone out there…..we smashed camp upon camp. (well since you aren’t going to put a tag on, just going to assume we must have prevailed against your weak guild over and over again)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Haqiang.6480

Haqiang.6480

do IoJ night time crew ever touch the DH borderland?

Sigh……the irony of 3 way fight, IoJ is going to lose, but their action determines who wins………..

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stan.2076

Stan.2076

Sigh……the irony of 3 way fight, IoJ is going to lose, but their action determines who wins………..

It is in fact BECAUSE IoJ is going to lose that they want DH to win, the mentality I assume they have going is holy kitten these guys from T8 are much much better than us and they’re shaming us by beating us, so we must help DH secure their lead. Not that I have a problem with that..

in Match-ups

Posted by: mfernandez.4172

mfernandez.4172

while you were sleeping sf

Attachments:

EROTIC DISCO HEAT [SE] [FR]
http://www.youtube.com/user/taeHocsiD

in Match-ups

Posted by: KinkyGiraffe.4123

KinkyGiraffe.4123

It is in fact BECAUSE IoJ is going to lose that they want DH to win, the mentality I assume they have going is holy kitten these guys from T8 are much much better than us and they’re shaming us by beating us, so we must help DH secure their lead. Not that I have a problem with that..

If you bozos have a close look at the score, youll see we have gained a lot of points on Sorrows Furnace, going from 20k+ down to ~10k. And on http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA We are now back to gaining rating, so we’re doing something right and if we keep it up we will be fighting you guys for second

Pretty clear DH is the power server of this tier, and this 1 guild of yours that has taken a break this week will not make much of a difference unless theyre Oceanic based as thats where you guys are losing all your points.

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

oooh! SHINY!

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Haqiang.6480

Haqiang.6480

I was in the SF BL crafting, pastby to check on you guys at the garrison. Saw the golem train, the zerg, the outmanned buff (on me), went back to crafting.

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

(jk, truth is some pro SF players called me a newbie in map chat and I emoquit, amiryte Savannah?)

Dem pros aint got no time for us newbies bro, they just report and move on to that next PVDoor wipe.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

There’s been a fair amount of whining in our (SF’s) map chats about how we’re losing and we’re “not up to the challenge”

The score would indicate that we are right where we need to be. Whether we are up to the challenge depends on our ability to continue evolving. If we loose numbers because some of our players have become complacent and refuse to rise to the challenge then perhaps we are not up to it. In contrast, if our regulars are able to adapt, evolve, and overcome then there is no reason we can’t be competitive in T6. I’ve been part of countless battles in T6 against superior numbers where we’ve held our own because we worked together as a team and win or loose we’ve held ground for far longer than pure numbers would suggest. Just because we are not steam rolling the competition everyday doesn’t mean that we are not up to the challenge. It just means that we need to adapt to the changing environment.

Read the screenshot I’ve posted. Anyone with even the most remedial analytical aptitude can see that we are right where we need to be.

Each one of us will have to decide if they are individually “up to the challenge.”
Whether we were collectively “up to the challenge” can only be determined in hindsight.

~G27

You be taking my words out of context guildie!!!!

As in the score would indicate we were not up to the challenge : as in : we should not look at the score : as in the score means nothing : wtf am I doing with these colons….

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

I was in the SF BL crafting, pastby to check on you guys at the garrison. Saw the golem train, the zerg, the outmanned buff (on me), went back to crafting.

the buffed arrowcarts literally oneshot golems(the whining is at that level, at least)… Why didn’t you give it a shot? :>

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Match-ups

Posted by: mfernandez.4172

mfernandez.4172

ioj. how we do.

Attachments:

EROTIC DISCO HEAT [SE] [FR]
http://www.youtube.com/user/taeHocsiD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chimerael.2361

Chimerael.2361

This been a great week guys! I’ve been enjoying the new level of competition.

It’s nice to see Sorrows Furnace bringing some action to this tier. Until you guys moved up, we had not been challenged for a while. You had great numbers reset night, that you caught us by surprise. It even had a lot of our people losing morale, so take to it to heart that you guys are not alone in the morale challenges. Normally we are at our prime as a server on reset night, and we had the worst showing ever. You have definitely caused us to rethink how we play and it has made us better for it!

As always, Isle of Janthir, you guys are a class act and always surprise us. I hope that you guys can build up your coverage and numbers to keep up with everyone. I’ve always been rooting for you guys and I’m glad you guys are here instead of DR!

Last we played them, the tier 5 servers dominated us before they moved up from tier 6. If you guys are having troubles with us, the tier 5 servers will prove an even bigger challenge.

Don’t lose your steam! We want you guys to bring your best, and we will bring ours.

This is a great time for all of our servers to improve.

Keep on working on coverage, strategies, and tactics!

My hammer is ready to smash skulls, and I am every wary of the daggers seeking my back.

I look forward to many more battles to come!

Tempest Behemoth | Chimerael | Batryxamat | Maelstrycerion
Seventh Abyss [Abys] of Darkhaven

(edited by Chimerael.2361)

in Match-ups

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

Im surprised to see a member of Abyss saying we usually have strong resets because we havent had one in weeks. it is paramount that Dark Haven resolves that issue pronto, because if we were up a tier we would have never recovered from an early deficit like that.

the one thing i think this weeks match has done is taught people that a zerg ball isnt always the best method. ive seen lots of smaller roving groups and its done wonders for our all around coverage.

Now we just need to teach our guys not to break from a group to chase a guy half way across the zone and we will be ready to rock. lol

Anywho…still an amazing match. cant wait for more!

And for the group of 3-6 of… guys that kept jumping from the spawn to fight us at the camp…great fun!

Jaxx

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

in Match-ups

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

I think reset night is why a lot of our guys have kicked back haha. We were like “holy kitten how are we doing this well”, and decided to tone things down quite a bit.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

@hyjaxxx;

I feel the same way. I think that resets, on the whole, are one of DHs weakest points. This last one was one of our worst starts in a while, but it seems like we have lost reset for at least the last few matches. I know we definitely “lost” the last reset with DR still in the tier.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in Match-ups

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

Score update for those of us still at work

Attachments:

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zorac.1723

Zorac.1723

To the SF Ranger from [Meow] that was fighting me, the DH mesmer [BSP] in dredge just now. You sir/madam are the best ranger I have ever fought. Good Fight.

in Match-ups

Posted by: KinkyGiraffe.4123

KinkyGiraffe.4123

Im surprised to see a member of Abyss saying we usually have strong resets because we havent had one in weeks. it is paramount that Dark Haven resolves that issue pronto, because if we were up a tier we would have never recovered from an early deficit like that.

the one thing i think this weeks match has done is taught people that a zerg ball isnt always the best method. ive seen lots of smaller roving groups and its done wonders for our all around coverage.

Now we just need to teach our guys not to break from a group to chase a guy half way across the zone and we will be ready to rock. lol

And for the group of 3-6 of… guys that kept jumping from the spawn to fight us at the camp…great fun!

Jaxx

To quote on of our commanders, ‘Remember, Dark Haven rarely splits their zerg’ Which is what us on IoJ have noticed, you guys will hit 1 objective in force, allowing us to try and ninja camps/towers/keeps back

Great example is that, In Eternal Battlegrounds, we were trebbing our keep from Langor, had both outer and inner walls down and most of our forces sitting in the tower and what does all of dh do? Slowly stream past Langor and walk into Danelon leaving us to retake our keep with little to no defense… Was a good laugh for us. Your server definitely has the zerg mentality, one IoJ has started to realise we cannot compete with head on, it is definitely making us rethink our strategies against you

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sobiech.9613

Sobiech.9613

They’re on to us, Darkhaven. Zerg mentality may have worked in T7 but it won’t work forever here in T6 and we’d get annihilated in T5. Improvize, Adapt and Overcome.

Reine Tovar [HoTR] – Mesmer
Aerika [HoTR] – Necromancer

in Match-ups

Lorvul.5482

I’m glad you had a lot of fun fighting at those camps, they were good fights. But when your HP (the red bubble in the center bottom of your screen) drops all the way and a message displays a waypoint for you to respawn…that means you died and lost. No hard feelings, it must be hard to keep track of everything on the screen. We all get confused sometimes.

Sorrow’s Furnace
Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: neiliam.8614

neiliam.8614

I usually run a solo zerg (not in this photo though, hehe). If you spot me, I’m that roaming [DHE] thief doing my favorite thing to do…flip camps.

I do hop in zergs for safer travels often, then I break off to take another camp.

Attachments:

Lightning Gunblade
Member of Darkhaven’s [DHE]
In WvWvW, what’s yours is mine and what’s mine is mine.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

Jaxx

To quote on of our commanders, ‘Remember, Dark Haven rarely splits their zerg’ Which is what us on IoJ have noticed, you guys will hit 1 objective in force, allowing us to try and ninja camps/towers/keeps back

Great example is that, In Eternal Battlegrounds, we were trebbing our keep from Langor, had both outer and inner walls down and most of our forces sitting in the tower and what does all of dh do? Slowly stream past Langor and walk into Danelon leaving us to retake our keep with little to no defense… Was a good laugh for us. Your server definitely has the zerg mentality, one IoJ has started to realise we cannot compete with head on, it is definitely making us rethink our strategies against you

That’s not entirely true. I split my zerg all the time.. Though i’ve also been a commander for a long time. Though I have also been gone for a couple months and have only just came back for this matchup.

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tukmolytes.3467

Tukmolytes.3467

Had a good laugh last night when SF was retaking Hills on their BL. We got wiped on the Lord’s room but 4 thieves just run around and kept 15-20 SF busy sweeping it while our other people started retaking their camps. It was a 1 hour wasted time for them. I was laughing so hard I almost choked to death. Thank you SF for more than 1 hour of fun.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUeqSgxJcJQ&feature=youtu.be

Image:

Attachments:

Tukmolytes [TRBO]
Isle of Janthir [2012-2017] → Fort Aspenwood [2017-Present]
Power Ranger

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rogue Lemming.6358

Rogue Lemming.6358

~G27

You be taking my words out of context guildie!!!!

As in the score would indicate we were not up to the challenge : as in : we should not look at the score : as in the score means nothing : wtf am I doing with these colons….

If I’ve misread your post please expound upon your intended message so that I may better understand you.

~G27

Kylie Rogue [ECG][CoSA][FARM]
East Coast Guardians: [ECG-B]G27
Why [FARM] is for you!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ayane Hajinmon.9165

Ayane Hajinmon.9165

crazy SM battle tonight…lots of loot bags and badges…there were so many SF lol
also score update

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mahedros.9103

Mahedros.9103

This new AC dmg and range is kitten lol had to go rambo so many times to get them down at SM, destroyed 3 of them but took me like 30 death to get them.

Still gj DH in holding us for that long, guess AC are thw way to go now.

SF- Mahedros – Necro [ARG]-
Januz- Ele [ARG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: DMC.8715

DMC.8715

Good work there on SM SF you guys are persistent, i think we were still holding it with only 2 AC’s for a while there you just kept on coming. The whole thing was insane my only regret was that i ran out of room in my bags for all the loot that you guys were dropping. That new range on the AC does seem a little excesive glad i was on the giving side and not receiving

Rotten Egg (EGG) Darkhaven
lv 80 Ranger
Cpt Craptastic

in Match-ups

Lorvul.5482

That was a great battle indeed. Once I built that AC in the middle of the north tunnel it was over. We started pushing in. Then we got a 2nd AC and a catapult built. It was a long battle. Had a lot of fun

Marnoll Whitefyre [Gore] (SF Commander)

Sorrow’s Furnace
Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: DMC.8715

DMC.8715

how many commanders did you have in that group, i kept on seeing them everywhere or was it just the same couple leading the charge?

Rotten Egg (EGG) Darkhaven
lv 80 Ranger
Cpt Craptastic

in Match-ups

Lorvul.5482

I was on mumbles with like 6 other commanders lol

Sorrow’s Furnace
Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: I Monk For L O V E.7528

I Monk For L O V E.7528

To the IoJ mesmer from [HARD] tonight that helped me in a 3v1, i salute you. We spiked all 3 DH guys and then waved at each other and went our seperate ways, was a really cool moment :o

None Shall Pass – Level 80 Guardian
No Yaks Shall Pass – Level 80 Thief
Sorrows Furnace – Special Tactics Assault Recon[StaR]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

If I’ve misread your post please expound upon your intended message so that I may better understand you.

~G27

I think what he means is that Score is not indicative of correct placement of a server. It only shows the current performance of the server not it’s perseverance.

But I could totally be missing that as well.

Added: Was just lurking, seeing how things were going for you all. Good luck and Have Fun.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

in Match-ups

Posted by: nyckolag.2394

nyckolag.2394

To the IoJ mesmer from [HARD] tonight that helped me in a 3v1, i salute you. We spiked all 3 DH guys and then waved at each other and went our seperate ways, was a really cool moment :o

If you’re referring to that moment out the front of SM, that was me Little Asuran mesmer. I took out the sentry, and heard some DH guys laughing, so I went to check it out. Couldn’t let that 3v1 happen! :P

Fellblade is best blade.
Leader and head forum barbarian for [roam]

in Match-ups

Posted by: neiliam.8614

neiliam.8614

DH why! We are 6k behind SF and you guys go and hit our borderlands making us split our already weak forces

Last time we help you get into first place

Our huge push nearly got us there! Upgrading garrison ended up being a waste as our guys had to go before you guys came to attack

It wasn’t me. I’m in clinic. One of patients did not show up, so…hello forum peeps!

Lightning Gunblade
Member of Darkhaven’s [DHE]
In WvWvW, what’s yours is mine and what’s mine is mine.

(edited by neiliam.8614)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Miss Firesss.3704

Miss Firesss.3704

Dear SF mesmer and friend in DH BL last night:
As a few of us were trying to take back Bluelake from IoJ, I noticed you standing back by the water watching….I ran back and waved. One of you waved back, and one of you laughed. Then when I went back to battle for GL, you came and stabbed me in the back. I thought that was kind of cowardly and thought you were just there to enjoy the show. :/ Guess I was wrong.

On a side note: Isn’t it kind of common courtesy to leave enemies alone in the JP? Maybe that’s just our guild?

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

I’ve never understood people who don’t kill everything on sight in the jump puzzle. They’re enemies who are going to use that siege against you. They’re enemies who are going to turn those badges into cheap exotics to bash your face in with.

Refusing to attack any and every enemy in the puzzle, to me, is a bigger show of disrespect than corpse dancing. It’s essentially conveying the impression that I don’t think you’re worth the time killing you.

By all means attack everything or die trying, regardless of the odds.

…Besides, people who struggle with the dark room are a lot more fun to kill — they’ve spent so much time in there, they’re worth 60WXP again.

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

in Match-ups

Posted by: torridstoic.7492

torridstoic.7492

I usually run a solo zerg (not in this photo though, hehe). If you spot me, I’m that roaming [DHE] thief doing my favorite thing to do…flip camps.

I do hop in zergs for safer travels often, then I break off to take another camp.

Light! I’ve enjoyed working with you when we cross paths. If you’re ever looking for a bit more muscle, feel free to throw me a party invite if you see me online. I’d enjoy tagging along on your adventures.

At The Vanguard.
Golemhaven [Van] – mesmer | guardian

in Match-ups

Lorvul.5482

My first video of WvW….against of course DH and IoJ, enjoy

Sorrow’s Furnace
Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tukmolytes.3467

Tukmolytes.3467

I was so tired last night from chasing and fighting the guild [BURN] from DH. Kudos to you guys, I would have done the same (flipping camps) if I was not trying to get points to catch SF. It was a good GvG you gave us.

<3 from [TRBO]

Tukmolytes [TRBO]
Isle of Janthir [2012-2017] → Fort Aspenwood [2017-Present]
Power Ranger