5/31 Kaineng/Crystal Desert/Yak's Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Not nearly as entertaining as Reiko vs. Jakob, at least there we got video footage and bizarre insults.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shadowskill.9852

Shadowskill.9852

Not nearly as entertaining as Reiko vs. Jakob, at least there we got video footage and bizarre insults.

I made the mistake of not turning off the recording and ended up with 100+ gig video. I need to edit it and ill get it on youtube.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Adun.3254

Adun.3254

Remember when YB used to guest on our server, and just yell in Lions Arch… About how they’re owning us so hard? Wish I saved those names…

Girl Friend [DC]
Crystal Desert Commander.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Remember when YB used to guest on our server, and just yell in Lions Arch… About how they’re owning us so hard? Wish I saved those names…

Really? What losers. YBers really do pride ourselves with a high level of sportsmanship. I don’t think you will see many people being like that, be it a after win or a loss. Please do ignore any few that do give us a bad name.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

Really? What losers. YBers really do pride ourselves with a high level of sportsmanship. I don’t think you will see many people being like that, be it a after win or a loss. Please do ignore any few that do give us a bad name.

I dont think any reasonable person would blame YB for the actions of a few trolls. They exist on all servers after all and can’t be really controlled.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Erinshaw.8035

Erinshaw.8035

Grats CD for your fantastic effort this week. You burnt some late night oil and deserve your gain. I am sure we will meet again soon but cannot predict with new system.

The Older Gamers (TOG) wvw guild leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

There’s been a lot of people trying hard in CD.

This is why Anets rating system is really pretty poor. A server’s true strength gets derailed based on that every server probably has a sizeable population of fair-weathers that only come out when things are going well. And if you lose several weeks in a row, or get locked into matchups that look over after a couple days, maybe 30% of your WvW population stops playing that week and deflates your rating. Where if they were just in a competitive match, they would keep playing.

WXP was supposed to be an incentive to keep people coming out regardless I’m sure, but I think there might need to be more rewards still.

This week has been very good and competitive, but who knows what will happen now for next week. In the long run the randomization should help get the ratings more correct though.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Yeah from what it’s been seen is that the tier 3 and tier 4 had actually become a super tier where there was no difference in relative strength between the two, in the past glicko we would never have been able to come to this conclusion but with randomization it allows for matches like this to happen.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Match-ups

Posted by: luwe.1496

luwe.1496

I hope we still get a very good roll this reset.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quikmix.2518

Quikmix.2518

Incredibly proud of the effort made by the CD community this week. This is the most fun I’ve had in months (win/lose/whatever). The fact that we’re winning is just that much sweeter. Has there been a match-up this evenly contested recently? I don’t think that we have had one (recently).

Kudos to Kain/YB. A week ago, you had me shaking my head saying “Oh lordy, what are we in for?”

Totally didn’t disappoint.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seinaru.1608

Seinaru.1608

Thanks for the epic match up this week, YB and KN! May we meet in the fields of battle again!

Seinaru Dawnbringer [TDS]
Guardian of Crystal Desert

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

So we meet again this week. Reuse this thread?