5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

Want to thank ET and SF for the fights tonight in ET BL. Ruins and south island was a bloody mess and it was a great time. Want to shout out at the ET zerg that put up ACs to fight the 8-9 KoM and the few randoms around us. Nice moves.

hey, cool! i see myself in the first screenshot! wait… i stand out in that screenshot… not good. >hides<

lol, yeah. that fight was a blast. even if it did end up going south for us

We had 1 Random and that AC and zerg didn’t last long brah! ;]

Yes, we didn’t, but let’s show exactly why though: ; )

ooh. i see myself in that screenshot too. ouch

and as someone who was there… while the screenshot only shows 7-8 SF…i can say there were more than that there. altho hanging around for a min after i died to watch SF fight Hod was also some quality entertainment.

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Detharos.3157

Detharos.3157

Shout-out to our tier 8 bros, Bro’s Terrace, Henge of Bros, and also big bro Sorrow’s Bro-ness.

It’s unfortunate the shuffle ended up this way for all of you. Best you can do now is look the the good fights/battles you do find for enjoyment and pay no mind to the scores.

ET, I really hope you folks recover soon from the tough times you’ve been going through.

SF I must say I still get nostalgic and miss you guys.

Henge, I hope we get a few rematches in the near future with some different third server shuffles, should be interesting if it happens.

Best wishes to all three servers from Dathaul of FC.

Dathaul, 80 Melee Ranger
Ferguson’s Crossing server.

(edited by Detharos.3157)

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Just so HoD’s expectations of us are consistent and realistic, you can count on us NOT participating on maps with more than a “commander” or two. Brutal. All it does is promote the other 2 servers to ball up and mindlessly follow your paths of “conquer” retaking what all you “commanders” just retook.

No thanks.

PAXA -GM

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

To All of Eredon’s Terrace:

Many of us at SF wanted you guys to know that you truly (sincerely) have our respect. Many of us were shocked and a little depressed when we saw Katz LA screenshot. I am no stranger to being outmanned back from my days on ET, but what you guys seem to be dealing with now likely no one but you has experienced.

Beyond that I will tell you guys the same thing I told Smiling: I hope that you continue to fight for your server and inspire us all with the pride that you display day in and day out. However, if your burden becomes too great and you begin looking for another home, I would first (of course) suggest FC. Beyond that I would really hope you guys consider SF, you would be welcomed with open arms.

Like I said, hopefully you guys keep up the ET banner, but no one could blame any of you for leaving after everyone else has. Also please do not take this as a troll or as a full-on recruitment, I am more so just wanting to extend our respect to you, and let you know that Big Brother’s door is always open to you.

Mag Server Leader

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cyphel.3659

Cyphel.3659

Hello again SF, nice to have you back for a little vacation! The beaches in ET BL are uncrowded and relaxing this time of year

@King: I think most of the ET whiners have left now? I had investigated and contacted another server concerning a transfer, but things seem to have improved quite a bit on the whiner front….it reminds me why I transfered here in the first place.

I miss some of our departed/mysteriously absent? commanders though. Hopefully they will return someday…!

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

HoD, nice long defense of Hills until we decided we didn’t want you in our backyard anymore last night. Also, thank to the couple of players mindlessly trying to kill the guards outside Longview on your Bl after we ninjaed it. I was farming bags for a bit there but it was too easy so I got bored.

ET, nice to see you all again. HoD, love the numbers and persistence.

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silas Drake.8946

Silas Drake.8946

Love sideways insults. Especially when they come from someone who is probably the first to turn and run for the nearest tower and ask for the next turn on the ACs.

Phorfiet - HoD O|O

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: shyrith.3462

shyrith.3462

Thanks to the 2 SF guards that 3 of us ETers were messing with, for unintentionally allerting us to the HoD zerg behind us. :p

And thanks all for the encouragement. Some of us really need it! There is a handful more of us that weren’t in that screen shot for whatever reason, but our numbers are indeed very small.

ET and proud to be!

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Love sideways insults. Especially when they come from someone who is probably the first to turn and run for the nearest tower and ask for the next turn on the ACs.

Not sure what you took as a sideways insult. The bag farm comment is made by every server, every weekly thread. In fact he complimented you if anything on your numbers and persistence, because it is in fact different than we remember when we encountered you in t7.

Also, the AC comment, really? Not only is it another bag-farm comment, but it’s also pretty hilariously hypocritical.

In any case, match has been fun and less stressful (I think mainly because we’re on even-ish ground with overnight crews, it’s annoying how bothersome coverage is in higher tiers) and I’ve enjoyed the fights. Hopefully it’s been enjoyable to some degree for HoD/ET.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Let’s continue the thread here and set an example for the other matchups bwaha, since it has it’s own forum section now.

Full link: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/5-31-SF-ET-HoD/

Also, I enjoy updated screenshots, as they are always fun.

Context from Mark Katzbach

Greetings Citizens!

In an effort to allow for more general World vs. World discussion to thrive and simultaneously provide a space for match-up threads to continue, we have created this, your World vs. World match-up subforum. Please keep all match-up threads in this subforum and keep your posts respectful and polite.

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

Not sure what you took as a sideways insult. The bag farm comment is made by every server, every weekly thread. In fact he complimented you if anything on your numbers and persistence, because it is in fact different than we remember when we encountered you in t7.

Also, the AC comment, really? Not only is it another bag-farm comment, but it’s also pretty hilariously hypocritical.

In any case, match has been fun and less stressful (I think mainly because we’re on even-ish ground with overnight crews, it’s annoying how bothersome coverage is in higher tiers) and I’ve enjoyed the fights. Hopefully it’s been enjoyable to some degree for HoD/ET.

Yes, getting spawn camped with 4 balistas, two arrow carts, and a trebuchet is enjoyable “to some degree.”

As I said before I seriously think they need to consolidate ET and FC and HoD, and until they do or they do something to un-kitten this ranking system. T8 is either going to fight against each other forever, or get stomped out.

Got some good players, thats for sure. Just like ET FC and HoD. But it doesn’t matter how good you are, when 5 are pitted against 25.

So in regards to your “Enjoyable to some degree” comment. That strikes the same nerve as when that one guy jumps on your corpse after a zerg runs you over.

I hope getting bulldozed by 50 of us was “enjoyable to some degree.” Oh yes sir Mr.SF very enjoyable thank you.

And don’t get me wrong, I realize its not anyone’s fault other than the way Arena Net decided to determine the new match-ups.

Attachments:

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: sioux.1653

sioux.1653

Personally, I’ve been having fun in WvW again.

I don’t know what the difference is, other than with some people leaving the server or not playing in WvW anymore the atmosphere has been more civil. You can lose and still have fun with your server working as a team. It’s bad when you lose and your teammates are all crying about how awful sucky you are and you might as well quit now.

We have new people trickle in from PVE and they get to learn how to WvW in a more user friendly environment. Awesome =D

Don’t feel bad for ET. We don’t need that. We need people that know what to do and are mature enough to handle defeat with grace. We need people that can take time to train the noobies and recruit some new blood.

On a side note to ET – Thank you guys for fighting the fight and sticking with WvW. I’m glad you all love it as much as I do.

Bluebell Jones – Engineers rule
Riva Lea – Wonder Twin Powers, Activate!
Eredon Terrace

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

Yes, getting spawn camped with 4 balistas, two arrow carts, and a trebuchet is enjoyable “to some degree.”

As I said before I seriously think they need to consolidate ET and FC and HoD, and until they do or they do something to un-kitten this ranking system. T8 is either going to fight against each other forever, or get stomped out.

Got some good players, thats for sure. Just like ET FC and HoD. But it doesn’t matter how good you are, when 5 are pitted against 25.

So in regards to your “Enjoyable to some degree” comment. That strikes the same nerve as when that one guy jumps on your corpse after a zerg runs you over.

I hope getting bulldozed by 50 of us was “enjoyable to some degree.” Oh yes sir Mr.SF very enjoyable thank you.

And don’t get me wrong, I realize its not anyone’s fault other than the way Arena Net decided to determine the new match-ups.

Hey I recognize you, I normally see you on EB roaming solo/trying to troll our PUGs (successfully) with your permastealth/bleedstacking/caltropsing build, which makes what I am about to say that much more spot-on, seeing as how you do not roll with a group nor seem to rely on them to play.

GO OUT THE OTHER EXIT.

Seriously, not directing this at Bllade so much but just people on this game in general. The INSTANT that someone cannot do something that they think they should be able to they come on these forums to complain.

ANET gave you 3 exits as to assist you in times of shear overwhelming numbers, if you insist on face-tanking the siege put up by campers then you simply are getting what you deserve.

Instead: make them look stupid by going out the back door and assaulting a tower etc.
You want to know what is being said by people that spawn camp you? Well it is things like:“Do they not realize they have another exit?”, “Wow lets build a 10th balista since they are gonna just keep feeding us bags”, “Thank god they are too tunnel-visioned to stop running into our spawn-camp”, “I hope they don’t breakout while we stand here and camp them”

With all that being said, there is no doubt SF has displayed superior numbers, somewhat sickens me personally as we struggled to field anything in T6 once the bandwagon it a bump or two….But you guys (HoD) could put up a better fight should you organize a little better. I saw some interesting tactics Sunday evening, guerilla warfare akittens finest…You guys were hitting Mendon, then Dane, then Bravost. Had us guessing, and keeping us on our toes. All the while the rest of your forces were face tanking the siege shown in the quoted pic. So obviously some of you know what to do, my suggestion is follow their lead, not the lead of your PUGs who intend on making a path with their squishy faces instead of walking out a back exit.

Mag Server Leader

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

pulsecodesgnl.3470

VLK – kings of the HoD kittenfest. Seriously that is all I see from you guys. And for claiming to roam all the time you sure run around with LK quite a bit.

The whole “zergs only press 1” argument is tired and worn out, stop using it, it’s not true; and it only serves to make fun of people because they aren’t in your clique. If you’ve been in any decent zerg battle (where ANet’s servers don’t fail and only allow you to hit one skill every 30 seconds), there’s clearly a differential between zergs that know how to utilize their players and skills and those who don’t.

LK on HoD knows this well, I think they are the closest I’ve seen to an HoD zergball that knows how to group up, they could definitely practice on AoE and group buffs if zergballing is their aim, but even playing a zerg smart they are tough cookies against numbers larger than their own.

For being so outnumbered and pressing 1 so inferior, you seem to do just fine with PPT. Maybe spend less time complaining and holding things instead?

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

VLK – kings of the HoD kittenfest. Seriously that is all I see from you guys. And for claiming to roam all the time you sure run around with LK quite a bit.

The whole “zergs only press 1” argument is tired and worn out, stop using it, it’s not true; and it only serves to make fun of people because they aren’t in your clique. If you’ve been in any decent zerg battle (where ANet’s servers don’t fail and only allow you to hit one skill every 30 seconds), there’s clearly a differential between zergs that know how to utilize their players and skills and those who don’t.

LK on HoD knows this well, I think they are the closest I’ve seen to an HoD zergball that knows how to group up, they could definitely practice on AoE and group buffs if zergballing is their aim, but even playing a zerg smart they are tough cookies against numbers larger than their own.

For being so outnumbered and pressing 1 so inferior, you seem to do just fine with PPT. Maybe spend less time complaining and holding things instead?

I’m not even going to take what you just said seriously, nor argue.

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
My entertainment.

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

pulsecodesgnl.3470

“Less time complaining and holding things instead.” Jesus Christ. HoD are you reading this? I wan’t all of HoD to see what you just wrote down here. And I garuntee each and every one of them will give you the middle finger.

PPT is doing well, because apparently your weekday coverage sucks. This further solidifies my argument. Arena Net can fix all of this. very very easily.

Coverage/Population = Win

Nice attempt to garner widespread animosity when I was calling you and your guild specifically for complaining like a bunch of children, which you subsequently proved yet again.

PAXA, MEND, and LK can at least hold their own without providing double standards, hypocrisy and excess QQ-fests, what’s your excuse?

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

osif.8673

Did someone just say PAXA wasn’t a QQ hypocrite guild? Shocking. Truly shocking. We obviously haven’t been forum warring enough these days.

[PAXA]

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Bllade.1029

Whoah whoah whoah. This is going completely away from what I was getting at. W/e I don’t care anymore, it’s easy to say those things when you can walk out of your spawn.

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Did someone just say PAXA wasn’t a QQ hypocrite guild? Shocking. Truly shocking. We obviously haven’t been forum warring enough these days.

Lately :P. It’s true, you and XOXO used make me groan every time I tried to sift through the t7 threads. Step up your game, son.

But even if you did eventually troll, I remember fighting you guys when we were in t7 and you actually held your own and backed up anything you guys called out, this troll group on the other hand cry’s about roaming and sticks to the back of zerg’s tails like feederfish while getting wiped which prompts how obviously more skilled they are messages on the matchup threads.

I haven’t encountered you guys yet since our matchup though, where/when are you guys usually running around these days?

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: I Monk For L O V E.7528

I Monk For L O V E.7528

We could be the best PvP’ers on GW2

But you guys are the best PvPers, you guys have PAXA, I kid PAXA i kid.

On another note, who reported my picture in the last thread that had me and another EB commander building 7 rams in the air on our own Anzalias Tower
It got reported and said i was going after a “personal attack or character assassination”, jerks

None Shall Pass – Level 80 Guardian
No Yaks Shall Pass – Level 80 Thief
Sorrows Furnace – Special Tactics Assault Recon[StaR]

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

pulsecodesgnl.3470

The best part about this post is how you go from saying that every server has good players, bad players, wins fights and loses fights (all correct), then switch over to characterizing an entire server and saying HoD are all quitters. Very classy and completely contradictory to the point you were making less then a paragraph earlier. Every server has quitters, yours does too and characterizing an entire server based on a win in the past is patently wrong. If HoD crushed SF, I’d bet you would see quite a few less people on the battlefield. Perhaps you shouldn’t be on your high horse as well?

To be fair, we are biased, because when we fought you guys in t7, you guys did kind of quit. Part of that was because you lost your fairweathers from the free transfers that pushed you guys to the top of t7 before we came in. But then yeah, during the matchup threads there were plenty of posts about how HoD was giving up in the tier and stopped fighting, which was clearly indicated by the abysmal scores the last week we fought each other.

There’s still plenty of quality guilds/players on HoD, you just had the unfortunate side effect of being a micro-bandwagon server with that second phase of free transfers. It could have been other things I guess, that’s just what we saw though.

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

osif.8673

I haven’t encountered you guys yet since our matchup though, where/when are you guys usually running around these days?

The bl that has the least amount of our own commanders.

[PAXA]

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

PAXA gets a lot of attention. I’d like to shout out to KOM (HoD), BS (ET) and Yarr (FC).

I’ve been melted by KOM faster than I could blink. Yarr has great roamers. The ranger and guardians are amazing. I had fun watching a thief distract HoD and gank people all night. I loved running with Basic and taking on much bigger groups.

A bit sad that T8 roaming has broken up. I hope y’all get back together soon.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aratoa.7398

Aratoa.7398

The best part about this post is how you go from saying that every server has good players, bad players, wins fights and loses fights (all correct), then switch over to characterizing an entire server and saying HoD are all quitters. Very classy and completely contradictory to the point you were making less then a paragraph earlier. Every server has quitters, yours does too and characterizing an entire server based on a win in the past is patently wrong. If HoD crushed SF, I’d bet you would see quite a few less people on the battlefield. Perhaps you shouldn’t be on your high horse as well?

To be fair, we are biased, because when we fought you guys in t7, you guys did kind of quit. Part of that was because you lost your fairweathers from the free transfers that pushed you guys to the top of t7 before we came in. But then yeah, during the matchup threads there were plenty of posts about how HoD was giving up in the tier and stopped fighting, which was clearly indicated by the abysmal scores the last week we fought each other.

There’s still plenty of quality guilds/players on HoD, you just had the unfortunate side effect of being a micro-bandwagon server with that second phase of free transfers. It could have been other things I guess, that’s just what we saw though.

No bias involved here, his point was that statistically, every server has good players (and that SF might even have more, because it has a higher population). He wants to refute the thought that SF is just a zerg server full of bad players who can’t fight. But then goes onto argue that HoD is a server full of quitters, people who will just roll over and that he has almost no respect for us. He ignores his earlier point about all servers having a similar relatively similar base of players, simply differing in amounts because it doesn’t conform to what he wants.

To that note, I’m biased as hell too. I’ve yet to die to SF when they had less then twice the numbers I have with me, but I am able to recognize that my experience and subsequent bias cannot be applied universally to the entire SF server. I think we could have much better discussions if everyone wasn’t continually attempting to villianize or degrade the other servers in some vain attempt to boost their own servers worth.

Audun

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Aratoa.7398

Oh its the “we are smaller therefore more skilled, and elite” argument…..Hellooooooooooo lower tiers….

Get a clue kid, everybody and their brother always hides behind that excuse. Numbers are the reason why a server “wins” the WvW match…Sf loses open field fights, HoD does too, hell i bet the almighty JQ and the rest of the nubs that piled into high tiers in the name of elitism all fail too.

The fact is that you small time people never wanna admit that there are (at the very least) a comparable amount of skilled players on every server, and in contrast bad ones. You have them, we have them, every server does.

Law of averages says that the more people you have the more you are likely to have of each….

I for one have little respect for HoD in general due to your “roll over and show our kitten” strategy the last time we met you guys. While I understand there were some that stuck it out, do not jump on your kittening high and mighty horse with me, I know quitters when I see them.

Perhaps you should re-read and see that my tone addressed the majority of the players on your server (the ones that quit because it was A LOT OF THEM), while still acknowledging that SOME of you stayed….

Also my horse is bigger than your horse.

Perhaps you should re-read my post? I’m addressing the contradictory nature of yours, not the language you used. You argue that HoD and other lower population servers have equal too or less than amounts of skilled players to SF and should not say they are better individually, but then make an argument that HoD has more ‘quitters’ (indeed, almost the entire server by your estimates) then anyone else and thus have no respect for them. If (by your own admission) servers will have a relatively equal amount of good and bad players, then it’s quite likely that SF has a proportionally the same amount of ‘quitters’ as HoD and any other server, you simply haven’t been steamrolled enough to see it happen. Thus perhaps you shouldn’t have almost no respect for an entire servers worth of people based upon a win from the past which established your bias.

Audun

(edited by Aratoa.7398)

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

PAXA gets a lot of attention. I’d like to shout out to KOM (HoD), BS (ET) and Yarr (FC).

I’ve been melted by KOM faster than I could blink. Yarr has great roamers. The ranger and guardians are amazing. I had fun watching a thief distract HoD and gank people all night. I loved running with Basic and taking on much bigger groups.

A bit sad that T8 roaming has broken up. I hope y’all get back together soon.

That was the best 3 weeks of “player vs player” that existed in this game in 10-11 months. We actually had guild 5-8 mans roaming looking to blow up Zergers an other guild 5-8 mans. Guilds were held accountable for winning or losing fights…. Awesome.

Anet came swoopin in and blew it all up. Cuz the zergers cried and cried all the way home to Anet HQ. “take the skill out of wvw Anet because we don’t like losing to players who are actually more focused/more experienced/better then us, that’s not the casual game you promised us that we love so much……it’s unfair this is our first mmo don’t let those guys be able to compete with us, the almighty zergers….” and poof just like that Anet waved the wand.

PAXA -GM

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

If we’re already talking about horses, things have escalated way too quickly.

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

Seeing as we are on the topic of horses. I would like to say NSP guild [SPCA] actually has the biggest horse. That is all.

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

Seeing as we are on the topic of horses. I would like to say NSP guild [SPCA] actually has the biggest horse. That is all.

His was a Shetland pony next to mine.

Mag Server Leader

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kanthar Turambar.9164

Kanthar Turambar.9164

Oh its the “we are smaller therefore more skilled, and elite” argument…..Hellooooooooooo lower tiers….

Get a clue kid, everybody and their brother always hides behind that excuse. Numbers are the reason why a server “wins” the WvW match…Sf loses open field fights, HoD does too, hell i bet the almighty JQ and the rest of the nubs that piled into high tiers in the name of elitism all fail too.

The fact is that you small time people never wanna admit that there are (at the very least) a comparable amount of skilled players on every server, and in contrast bad ones. You have them, we have them, every server does.

Law of averages says that the more people you have the more you are likely to have of each….

I for one have little respect for HoD in general due to your “roll over and show our kitten” strategy the last time we met you guys. While I understand there were some that stuck it out, do not jump on your kittening high and mighty horse with me, I know quitters when I see them.

Perhaps you should re-read and see that my tone addressed the majority of the players on your server (the ones that quit because it was A LOT OF THEM), while still acknowledging that SOME of you stayed….

Perhaps you should re-read my post? I’m addressing the contradictory nature of yours, not the language you used. You argue that HoD and other lower population servers have equal too or less than amounts of skilled players to SF and should not say they are better individually, but then make an argument that HoD has more ‘quitters’ (indeed, almost the entire server by your estimates) then anyone else and thus have no respect for them. If (by your own admission) servers will have a relatively equal amount of good and bad players, then it’s quite likely that SF has a proportionally the same amount of ‘quitters’ as HoD and any other server, you simply haven’t been steamrolled enough to see it happen. Thus perhaps you shouldn’t have almost no respect for an entire servers worth of people based upon a win from the past which established your bias.

I love when people think they are the braniacs of the forum, trying to analyze what i am saying but ignoring that good players can be quitters, and if you knew anything about what I say or SF in general you would know that i am fully aware of our fairweather quitters.

Also my horse is still larger than yours my intellectual friend.

Well if wishes were horses, we’d all be eating steak.

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Victoitor.2917

Victoitor.2917

Looking at the score through mos, I’m very happy for HoD right now. Sadly, I’ve been lagging too much this last week and it came to a point of being unplayable. Specially in WvW. Called my internet provider and they told me I have a problem which might be solved only on Wednesday. So I hope to see you all soon.

Keep up the good work HoD. I am very proud of all of you!

Raimundo Faztudo (Human Engineer) – Current WvW
Mr Tauser (Char Warrior) – Current PvE
[CATZ] – HoD

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

lolwut?
15 characters

Attachments:

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tei.1704

Tei.1704

I just realized that SF is the unlucky server for getting this match-up. I just saw PAXA and KoM on the same map, and SF has to fight these guys. This is usually where a joke would go, but nothing is funny about what they do to people. I really do feel sorry for you guys on SF.

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Talia.7412

Talia.7412

Seems like weekdays prove a better balance for all three servers. Now is when it gets fun! Go go HoD!

Charter Vanguard [CV], on HoD since the betas
http://cv.englishmist.com

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Bllade.1029

I was once asked the question “Do you even roam bro?” Yes. VLK does roam.

Heres the proof.

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: JahRo.6432

JahRo.6432

Just wanted to pop in and say great fighting on SF BL tonight. Had a blast with you guys, especially in Redlake and Hills.

Morn [BFF][VLK]
Maguuma
(Insert other useless !@#$ here)

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Havvik Nightseeker.3485

Havvik Nightseeker.3485

Hello!

thanks for the compliments to LK. we still have a lot of new players who are getting geared/used to coordinated Zerging. but its nice to see our efforts go noticed.

this week has literally been a blast for LK so i just wanted to say thanks for the great fights from SF. although its kitten HoD’s potential points. fighting outmanned the majority of the time gives us solid practice to work against larger numbers, plus there are a lot more consistent fights. and its kept us on our toes.

hopefully as we continually face SF we will become more of a threat in the future. call out to (seed) and (CoSa) for the fun fights so far. hoping to see PvP if they still exist. and maybe some more okittenG? i havent faced u en masse much yet

also a quick heads up to bllade. i suggest you hide your party chat..your going to insult some people

anyways keep it up! im excited for this week
regards
Havvik

[Wake] main driver/GL

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Devon.9061

Lol Havvik that isnt even Bllades =P Gosh learn our toons will you??? I annoy you enough when I do see you. And I read that chat.. there was literally nothing insulting besides the upscale saying “But ET is small” Which they will openly admit. Thus there post ET to T9!

On another note props to ET for getting a zerg into EB tonight. 4 trebs in ogres?!?! But seriously congratz on getting more people even if you still had the outmanned buff. Keep on fighting.

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Aratoa.7398

I love when people think they are the braniacs of the forum, trying to analyze what i am saying but ignoring that good players can be quitters, and if you knew anything about what I say or SF in general you would know that i am fully aware of our fairweather quitters.

I love it when people can’t reply to simple criticisms and try to deflect it away. I didn’t say anything about knowing you, SF or anything else. I criticized your post for being contradictory and explained why, rather then going the normal route of just insulting you. Forgive me for assuming there was an actual discussion to go on and not simply the complaining at each other about how awful the other side is.

I’m a full sized Norn, your horse can’t be any bigger then mine.

Audun

(edited by Aratoa.7398)

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: codiac.5642

codiac.5642

Yeah, except that not his horse, that’s all him O_O

HOD since beta

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

lolwut?
15 characters

Now that they’ve seen my horse, they realize just how high I sit upon it!

(Obviously mine is on the left)

-Haver of largest Horse

Mag Server Leader

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silas Drake.8946

Silas Drake.8946

That’s all fun and games until… beastiality.

Phorfiet - HoD O|O

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

I love it when people can’t reply to simple criticisms and try to deflect it away. I didn’t say anything about knowing you, SF or anything else. I criticized your post for being contradictory and explained why, rather then going the normal route of just insulting you. Forgive me for assuming there was an actual discussion to go on and not simply the complaining at each other about how awful the other side is.

I’m a full sized Norn, your horse can’t be any bigger then mine.

Your criticism was basically about how I was saying that every server has the same issues with players, and then I criticized your server for being quitters in our first matchup. All the while I even said, “While I understand there were some that stuck it out”…The fact is that criticizing skill level is often a moot point, which was the point I was making as each server has variation in regard to the quality of its players, and the size of said server(s) reflect on the number of these players (good and bad ones).

However, the fact that you took offense to my quitter comment, and tried to lump it into the terms of my statement is laughable at best. Why? Because unlike skill level which can be hard to measure server-wide, quitting is pretty kitten easy to spot. I mean I am not sure if you did not play in our first matchup, but what I remember was that HoD had NO ONE on the map for the most part. I have never seen less players fielded in any match than that of the week we faced HoD. That is even taking into account our current situation with ET….

TL/DR: Yes while it is true that bad/good players exist on every server, and quitters/bandwagoners do to, the level of quitting that HoD displayed during the last match was so legendarily quittalicious, that it was painfully obvious…You know some stereotypes do come from something true….

Your side is at the least not quitting (yet), and my norn is bigger than your norn, and as such: so is my horse.

Mag Server Leader

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Devon.9061

Did anyone else imagine a fat midget riding on the horse on the left besides me?

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Saint of Virtue.8329

Saint of Virtue.8329

Shout out to all the SF on EB, Monday night. It was a blast besieging your castle and then defending AP from the counter attack, then besieging the castle again, then defending…

It was one heck of a fight.

Reuna Thanauf
Leader of Reun Cala Roora (RCRO)
Proud Denravian… Most of the time.

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: KyoHanakaze.8145

KyoHanakaze.8145

Lol comedic WvW week. When I saw the match up at reset I lol’d for a bit. The irony was overwhelming.

@ ET: Sucks to see you guys hit so hard by a sort of guild exodus Still persistent as kitten though. Had a great time a hills. I was like kitten this they have too many WP out. Turned into a crazy like 8 minute lord room hold. Great fights lot of fun. To the norn commander that took out my guildy’s AC at the back by alter. kitten you!! Precious loss of bags per minute Tried to push you off before you took it out but you’re resilient -.-

And to TAC… I remember you -.- Great seeing your tags around Always fun fights.

@ HoD: I missed your VLK zergs. I don’t remember LK from previous encounters but see you together a lot. Related? Anyways, great fights. Just finished crazy long epic siege of bay in your BL. That kitten was medieval. Awesome back and forth, like interpol said whoever was on that counter treb you know what you’re doing. That was insanely fun, haven’t really had an epic battle, push and pull, like that in so long. Much <3 to everyone involved.

No, we aren’t related. :P A lot of people seem to assume that we are, but we aren’t. VLK just looks better than VI would have, since our guild name is Valkyria Immortalis. We just roll with LK once in a while because the sea of tags is rather entertaining.

HoD/Valkyria Immortalis[VLK]
Iverna//Ranger
Adrienne Stormborn//Elementalist

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

Shout out to all the SF on EB, Monday night. It was a blast besieging your castle and then defending AP from the counter attack, then besieging the castle again, then defending…

It was one heck of a fight.

I agree. Those back’n’forth attacks there were some of the most fun I’ve ever had in WvW. Fending off waves of SF from multiple sides at AP with multiple walls down was epic. I suspect it felt equally satisfying for them to keep repelling our assaults at the castle.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

LOL, were you one of the noobs who kept coming to Longview to let me farm them? Is that why you got insulted at my post? If it wasn’t you, why are you getting upset? I wasnt calling your server out, I was just thanking the 4 or 5 toons who kept coming back.

And feel free to ask around, I never run, I always meet the enemy head-on and up front. LOL, yes, I die alot but we win the battle and that is what counts.

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Bllade.1029

LOL, were you one of the noobs who kept coming to Longview to let me farm them? Is that why you got insulted at my post? If it wasn’t you, why are you getting upset? I wasnt calling your server out, I was just thanking the 4 or 5 toons who kept coming back.

And feel free to ask around, I never run, I always meet the enemy head-on and up front. LOL, yes, I die alot but we win the battle and that is what counts.

“Upset” is the last thing we are. If you didn’t win with the amount of people you can field, I certainly would be surprised.

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azriael.7308

Azriael.7308

Personally, I’ve been having fun in WvW again.

I don’t know what the difference is, other than with some people leaving the server or not playing in WvW anymore the atmosphere has been more civil. You can lose and still have fun with your server working as a team. It’s bad when you lose and your teammates are all crying about how awful sucky you are and you might as well quit now.

We have new people trickle in from PVE and they get to learn how to WvW in a more user friendly environment. Awesome =D

Don’t feel bad for ET. We don’t need that. We need people that know what to do and are mature enough to handle defeat with grace. We need people that can take time to train the noobies and recruit some new blood.

On a side note to ET – Thank you guys for fighting the fight and sticking with WvW. I’m glad you all love it as much as I do.

Psynful level 80 thief
Et server