6/14 Blackgate/ Jade Quarry/ Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kaidengaran.3528

Kaidengaran.3528

It seems to me that JQ is a server that once upon a time was as good as they thought they were. SOR is a server that generally tends to be as good as they think they are. Sadly BG is a server that has never been, isn’t and likely will never be as good as they think they are.

If this isn’t bait, i dunno what is :P

lol pretty much, SoR is littered with these kinda people Makes for some amusing reading.

Kaidengaran | 80 Warrior |
Co- GM Nocturnal | WvW Oceanic Commander
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

Blackgate is Beastgate !
It was never called Blackhole and if it is going to be called Blackhole it will be because of the place where Sor and Jade dead players disappear into when we /sit on their corpses

EDIT: I just saw a full Jade server zerg on EB…never saw all the players from a single server in the same zerg. Thats some serious skillz there Lou

in Match-ups

Posted by: kevinskyrider.3271

kevinskyrider.3271

Server zerg? Kitten just got real folks. :P I kid I kid.

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

We’re just fine thanks. A post today on our forums from a member of a guild that transferred to BG recently reminded me of this.

that’s good to hear. ; )) these are the things to hold on to. good on ya, Liquid.

i, for one, would certainly welcome more posts of this nature.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

Clearly SoR’s success has nothing to do with transfers, all core guilds,

HiRe, Tysm, Ocx, AFS, TW, IRON, SAHP etc SBI, Desolation, IoJ, SoS

At the moment regardless of how you flip the coin, SoR has Late EU/NA EST advantage which allows them to push in BG weak zone, full cap things then plant 80mans on the walls, not that hard to do. We did that to JQ back on SoS, wasn’t because JQ SEA wasn’t beastly it was because we could prepare zones for FoO logging in and we knew how to defend them.

Why do you always groan about coverage here? You’re either gloating or you’re having a cry. Never the salutes or anything. Just wah wah wah after wah wah wah. You’re so kitten rude. lol. And you weren’t even a good commander in SoS. lol. Leave all the talking to Tarkus plox.

And who are you?

Other than a forum warrior, think you need to learn the definition of the word Irony.

gasp lol, if I’m a forum warrior than you’re a super saiyan forum warrior 2x prestige.

And I’m just a regular zergling. Why don’t you give it a go. Might be more your thing.

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

in Match-ups

Posted by: coronbale.3894

coronbale.3894

Heya WvWers!

Just doing my weekly shout out to my SoR bretheren, and BG/JQ competitors alike! Good to see that we have a lot of talent returning to the big 3, and been seeing a lot of long lost guild coming back to the fold.

EB has been a great fight all week so far, mad kudos to SoR for understanding (for the most part) the strategies involved, the JQ commanders for their shrewd analysis of the map, and BG for never giving up. Seen the 2v1 argument thrown around a lot, just wanted to offer a read up for your enjoyment.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/77216-corons-guide-to-diplomacy-the-2v1-and-you/page__hl__%20diplomacy

This is a guide I posted around the beginning of December, and it was mostly involving the deep strategic value of diplomacy on EBG. Those of you who are “red is dead”, or think that enemies should never take opportunities to double down on another color are flat wrong. EBG was built to be insanely static, and in those environments you can go days or a full week with nothing really flipping or trading hands.

EBG is all diplomacy, and its not for the pew pew’ers. The answer to “what is happening” that BG keeps asking is simple, you guys SEVERAL time this week have looked weak on EBG. The minute you did, the other two colors saw it and took you down. You then spent the next 5 hours digging out of the hole that was made! In a few weeks the Outmanned buff will be gone, and you can map hop without worry, but right now if you let that buff go on you during NA prime time, expect to lose your whole corner.

Thanks again for a great WvW week, TSYM looks forward to meeting you on the field again soon!

Leader of [TSym]
Sea of Sorrows
IGN – Coron

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

Nice to have a SoR post that isn’t full of kitten for once

/respect coron

in Match-ups

Posted by: timgod.9456

timgod.9456

impressed with XPK from SoR, just saw you for the first time briefly in hills in BG BL and your small group was really able to hold their ground and kill quite a few BG pugs. looks like a strong guild to play against.

in Match-ups

Posted by: GivaBack.9328

GivaBack.9328

At the moment regardless of how you flip the coin, SoR has Late EU/NA EST advantage which allows them to push in BG weak zone, full cap things then plant 80mans on the walls, not that hard to do. We did that to JQ back on SoS, wasn’t because JQ SEA wasn’t beastly it was because we could prepare zones for FoO logging in and we knew how to defend them.

Why do you always groan about coverage here? You’re either gloating or you’re having a cry. Never the salutes or anything. Just wah wah wah after wah wah wah. You’re so kitten rude. lol. And you weren’t even a good commander in SoS. lol. Leave all the talking to Tarkus plox.

Not sure about SoS, but MagiKarp is a great commander on BG, actually all the commanders in MERC are top-notch, and it’s a great place to learn from them and other leaders. This is purely my opinion, and my point is to not convince anyone whose mind has already been made up. I just want to make sure 3rd party looking in does not have MagiKarp reputation as a leader sullied.

A wise JQ lad in an earlier post said all commanders from all servers deserve a salute for their sacrifice – he’s right on.

/salute.

- BG Citizen

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Not sure about SoS, but MagiKarp is a great commander on BG, actually all the commanders in MERC are top-notch, and it’s a great place to learn from them and other leaders. This is purely my opinion, and my point is to not convince anyone whose mind has already been made up. I just want to make sure 3rd party looking in does not have MagiKarp reputation as a leader sullied.

A wise JQ lad in an earlier post said all commanders from all servers deserve a salute for their sacrifice – he’s right on.

/salute.

- BG Citizen

I would like to /salute to their sacrifice. I was personally there when they sacrificed their tier 3 garrison in BGBL ……….

- SOR citizen

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

/salute.

- BG Citizen

I would like to /salute to their sacrifice. I was personally there when they sacrificed their tier 3 garrison in BGBL ……….

- SOR citizen

Troll be trolling.

Mistakes are made, also, this is just a game.

Enjoy the trolling. I’ve had enough for now

goes to bread

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: muekung.2518

muekung.2518

/salute.

- BG Citizen

- SOR citizen

Troll be trolling.

Enjoy the trolling. I’ve had enough for now

goes to bread

Cuddlenosharecake

pls

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

No cake for you Zetrea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go make yourself a chocolate ripple cake! I believe in you! It’ll totally increase how awesome you are at WvW >.>

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

/salute.

- BG Citizen

- SOR citizen

Like you sacrificed your hills on BG bl for our spawn tower.

Such things happen.

- weirdo

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Troll be trolling.

Enjoy the trolling.

Trolling is a problem but I think we can relate this back to education and how we are continuing to try to strive to figure out how to reduce trolls right now that is the biggest problem and i think especially for Blackgaters are seen as the leaders of this so we need to try to figure out how to create education better so that we can solve this problem.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Match-ups

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

Troll be trolling.

Enjoy the trolling.

Trolling is a problem but I think we can relate this back to education and how we are continuing to try to strive to figure out how to reduce trolls right now that is the biggest problem and i think especially for Blackgaters are seen as the leaders of this so we need to try to figure out how to create education better so that we can solve this problem.

Not sure what’s worse: you making a Miss USA joke, or me recognizing it as such.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xinthai.6175

Xinthai.6175

I’m going to interrupt all of this pointless bickering and say one thing:

Last night was a lot of fun on BGBL during NA. Fighting the FEAR and HL zergs from SoR was a ton of fun (and really scary when they grouped up…), and the fights in Hills were epic.

Ppt is a stupid concept. It’s fights like these that keep me playing the game.

/salute

Captain Giggles – 80 Necromancer
Aurelia Celeste – 80 Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Late oceanic /early SEA timezone

Attachments:

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

I really hope BG gets a few more NA guilds to transfer over to them. I can’t believe that they lost so many players in less than a week.

Anyways, good luck with your recruitment. You have overcome great difficulty with losing guilds and have had a rough go at it, yet you keep on fight hard every night. Eventually your never give up attitude will attract a large WvW presence of like minded individuals to your server and you will once again be the powerhouse we all know and love.

Cheers!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

We have a theory about this. Some of us think that BG does overtime on the weekends pulls 24/36/48 hour shifts. This is why they always have such a good start and dominate the scoreboard on the weekend. Then they burn out and by the begining of the weekday they are either too tired to play or the other part of this strategy is to demoralize the other server by pushing so kitten weekends and get far enough ahead of them that the other server will be too demoralized and behind to win. Then they they have a weak showing on monday and early week becasue all of thief pugs think “haha yea we are sooo good we won this matchup already, lets go do pve” Then next time they check the score board BG isnt winning anymore. and then they are like" SoR and JQ double teams us they cheat"
If this is true IDK its just a theory.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

Troll be trolling.

Enjoy the trolling.

Not sure what’s worse: you making a Miss USA joke, or me recognizing it as such.

I am a touch worried to say the least….

For everyones sake.

In conclusion, bring on the snuggles! I feel as though I’ve been neglecting my cuddling duties lately… Where are you all? I’m coming into WvW just to snuggle you all!

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: iola.9374

iola.9374

We have a theory about this. Some of us think that BG does overtime on the weekends pulls 24/36/48 hour shifts. This is why they always have such a good start and dominate the scoreboard on the weekend. Then they burn out and by the begining of the weekday they are either too tired to play or the other part of this strategy is to demoralize the other server by pushing so kitten weekends and get far enough ahead of them that the other server will be too demoralized and behind to win. Then they they have a weak showing on monday and early week becasue all of thief pugs think “haha yea we are sooo good we won this matchup already, lets go do pve” Then next time they check the score board BG isnt winning anymore. and then they are like" SoR and JQ double teams us they cheat"

Hmm, I’m a BG, and I pull around 6-10 hours shifts in weekend and 3 hours on weekdays (work), I don’t PVE, and I’ve never mentioned 2V1/cheat in my gaming life ever, so your theory isn’t quite right there :P

in Match-ups

Posted by: AvengerCap.7983

AvengerCap.7983

Hmm, I’m a BG, and I pull around 6-10 hours shifts in weekend and 3 hours on weekdays (work), I don’t PVE, and I’ve never mentioned 2V1/cheat in my gaming life ever, so your theory isn’t quite right there :P

As a scientist IRL, I’d like to say that this sample size is a terrible representation of the population as a whole. Your opinion makes this study inconclusive. More data is needed. Theory is still sound…

Bestet Spiritpaws – 80 Charr Guardian
Bestet A – 80 Asura Necromancer
[RET] – Retribution

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

I thought BT was going to be the NA guild that would solidify BG’s NA coverage? Thought they transferred over 50++ players?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure.8412

Azure.8412

Omg SoR getting 2v1’d its the end of the world.

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

Good fights guys, keep em coming!

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tortitudo Probo.2598

Tortitudo Probo.2598

3-4 weeks ago we supposedly barely showed up during weekends and started gaining points from Tuesdays on. Which is it going to be? Make up your mind kitten it

[HB]

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

Just for you lovelies trying to take my stuff!

D:

STOP SNUGGLING SO TIGHTLY! I hear it is unhealthy…

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I thought BT was going to be the NA guild that would solidify BG’s NA coverage? Thought they transferred over 50++ players?

They’re out there every night, not with 50 though.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

Our goal is to flip BG’s keep in EB nightly.

The little hacker you had under the ground killing all of our siege last night delaying the inevitable will just cause it to happen every night next week as well =(

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amity.8549

Amity.8549

Thanks to JQ/SoR for some cool fights tonight. Had bit of a chuckle when we fought DC/TKG and you guys were non-stopped ressing, that encounter took a good 10 minutes haha. Well done and keep up the pace all.

Amarathy
[ETA]

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Thanks for the 10pm GMT +8 timed 2v1, had to sacrifice paper bay to JQ, but I’m glad I’m logging off with Hills still T2, Dia from Never Die is a legend and I love him.

Great work BG, Never Die and MERC held strong here to hoping our EU can hold onto it!

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

The little hacker you had under the ground killing all of our siege last night delaying the inevitable will just cause it to happen every night next week as well =(

The one with the [RUIN] tag?
We saw him under blue keep one day :/

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

The one with the [RUIN] tag?
We saw him under blue keep one day :/

No. It was a different guild tag. One I had never seen before. Doesn’t make it better, but I thought I’d clarify. I’ll be keeping an eye out but it’s kind of a needle in a haystack.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Taldek.6105

Taldek.6105

We should really think about changing the name of our match threads to <insert server name> Roast. Its always the same back and forth but with a different server playing the victim every week.

Blackgate – [KnT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Valin.4527

Valin.4527

Need to put a betting pool in place, 10 gold to the winner who was able to determine when then 2v1/Megablob/Covererage posts start.

15 gold if they accurately predict the poster.

-A man of many Valins [KONG]

in Match-ups

kevinskyrider.3271

5g to the people that accurately predict who is going to reply to the posts.

Easy enough. :p

Blackgate

(edited by kevinskyrider.3271)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Need to put a betting pool in place, 10 gold to the winner who was able to determine when then 2v1/Megablob/Covererage posts start.

15 gold if they accurately predict the poster.

Can we get like less favorable odds if we predict which server, like one gold or whatever…

For example ( this is just an example so please dont take it personally):

" I predict that BG will start to whine about 2v1 first"

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

kevinskyrider.3271

A screenshot was posted, and the people in EBG were told to be on the lookout for the thief. We had no clue & don’t condone the action. Best we could do was to be on the lookout, but I think he disappeared.

Blackgate

(edited by kevinskyrider.3271)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

OMG, screen shot? Fraps?
If you have no other reason to hate BG you just make one? Prove this or gtfo!
Go to field, fight and stop the nonsense noob. Just like the “spy” thing I hear every day…
let the spyes spy, haters hate and trolls do nothing usefull, who cares?
This is not the place for hack accusations, plz go to the right page with evidence and HELP Anet to do something about it, no1 want hackers here.

Great fights so far ppl, lets keep it fun!!!

PS: sorry but this kind of flame post makes me wanna $#%$%& someones head off LOL

Calm down there sparky. It was SSed and put in the thread, but Anet’s policy is to not discuss these things on the forums as it causes issues, and to instead contact them directly with any hacking issues, thus it got removed. It happens any time that something like that is posted, I would know as it has happened to my posts before too.

As far as Mance’s statement goes, good job generalizing one person as the entire server, even after we said we would look into it and report, Also, what happens if SoR isn’t in our matchup next week? I don’t forsee you getting to far focusing our keep on EBG without them.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

A screenshot was posted, and the people in EBG were told to be on the lookout for the thief. We had no clue & don’t condone the action. Best we could do was to be on the lookout, but I think he disappeared.

^—- Yep it was done last night. Everyone’s aware, and the offending party was reported (what little good that may do). We got some great messages from you over at BG about this and we thank you again, despite what Mance says.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

^—- Yep it was done last night. Everyone’s aware, and the offending party was reported (what little good that may do). We got some great messages from you over at BG about this and we thank you again, despite what Mance says.

Based on a previous post from Mance, it didn’t sound like SG needed any additional motivation to focus us anyways.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Man it’s awesome to see HB back.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Hey. I’m not crabbing about those types in relation to BG general population..
Well, other than when they wouldn’t leave the orbs be to the point we all lost them

My only wish is to grind up all the rednames, equal opportunity, and dude below the terrain was out of greatsword range. I weep for lost loot bag

in Match-ups

Posted by: Teggz.3542

Teggz.3542

Video from our first night after transfering to JQ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue8TDOE8evM #YOLO

[RG] Red Guard
Teggz – Elementalist | Teggx – Guardian
Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrTeggz

in Match-ups

Posted by: coronbale.3894

coronbale.3894

Video from our first night after transfering to JQ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue8TDOE8evM #YOLO

/Salute to RG and their tactical presence on a map. If your guys strategic ability catches up to your tactical ability, you will be a dangerous force indeed!

Leader of [TSym]
Sea of Sorrows
IGN – Coron

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

Based on a previous post from Mance, it didn’t sound like SG needed any additional motivation to focus us anyways.

Additional hatred is always necessary!!!

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

Neat , gw2 should be a esport!

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Nice ! New meat on the field ^^, will be a pleasure to defeat you under your new JQ flag, RG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Az z.2746

Az z.2746

I had way too much fun moa’ing Sacrx that day. You guys are a great fight, I’m hoping to find you again on the weekend.

Azz ~
( Sg Az / Rg Az / Wr Az / Gr Az )
http://www.youtube.com/user/azzalan/