6/14 Blackgate/ Jade Quarry/ Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

So……BG complains about 2v1 on EB…….We 2v1 SoR during EU time then BG hits SM, and you wonder why you guys get 2v1’d later.

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

BG took SM?!?!? How darez youz! Please give it back Stat…kkthanks

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

BG took SM?!?!? How darez youz! Please give it back Stat…kkthanks

Would be much appreciated

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Video from our first night after transfering to JQ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue8TDOE8evM #YOLO

I had way too much fun moa’ing Sacrx that day. You guys are a great fight, I’m hoping to find you again on the weekend.

Moa is never not funny. “Commander is moa’d… and down.”

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Starscream.7803

Starscream.7803

They are trying to cap SM before the update hits, they was that PPT for downtime.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wilco.1458

Wilco.1458

They are trying to cap SM before the update hits, they was that PPT for downtime.

Well, obviously. But it’s that kind of greed and poor decision making that makes BG get 2v1’d in the night. It’d be more beneficial for all of us if we keep SoR out of their own territory (and possibly break a waypoint), but instead now they kitten ed off both servers once again.

http://www.twitch.tv/drwilco
Wilco Tango Foxtrot #lifting #hardwork

in Match-ups

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

yes cause ppt matters………..

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

We have a theory about this. Some of us think that BG does overtime on the weekends pulls 24/36/48 hour shifts. This is why they always have such a good start and dominate the scoreboard on the weekend. Then they burn out and by the begining of the weekday they are either too tired to play or the other part of this strategy is to demoralize the other server by pushing so kitten weekends and get far enough ahead of them that the other server will be too demoralized and behind to win. Then they they have a weak showing on monday and early week becasue all of thief pugs think “haha yea we are sooo good we won this matchup already, lets go do pve” Then next time they check the score board BG isnt winning anymore. and then they are like" SoR and JQ double teams us they cheat"
If this is true IDK its just a theory.

Hmm, I’m a BG, and I pull around 6-10 hours shifts in weekend and 3 hours on weekdays (work), I don’t PVE, and I’ve never mentioned 2V1/cheat in my gaming life ever, so your theory isn’t quite right there :P

As a scientist IRL, I’d like to say that this sample size is a terrible representation of the population as a whole. Your opinion makes this study inconclusive. More data is needed. Theory is still sound…

As a scientist, don’t you think it’s wrong to formulate a hypothesis then accept or reject evidence based on whether or not it supports your hypothesis?

I can make any random statement and call it valid based on lack of evidence..especially on such an inaccurate and uncertain sample like an internet forum.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreamciqul.4617

Kreamciqul.4617

no SoR you can’t have our hills! thanks for the fights

[RISE]
Necromancer
Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

I don’t think words can describe my feelings for that picture.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

I have a word for it CREEPY

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

I have a word for it HAWT

Fixed

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

epic fights on sor bl

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

Can’t touch the king, baby!

…Which one is pot in SoRbl? Must stabby

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Gotta buy me dinner first..

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

Gotta buy me dinner first..

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: kyro.8162

kyro.8162

Looks like Eyefinity. Supported by Anet so yea, not a zoom hack. Nothing you can do about it.

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]
Guardian/Ele/Warrior/Engi/Mes/Necro/Ranger

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

Nice zoom hacks Even though this will be ignoreed/ Infracted/ removed, and nothing done about it at least a few people will realize the lows that SoR goes to to win a fight.

I agree with ya 100%

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I know yer peeved Kaimick but keep in mind that it’s not SoR, but an individual player or players that choose to take advantage of an obvious flaw with the field of view at certain resolutions. Sure it does seem to be brought up most often about a particular guild, but it’s still a small sub-set of the server. Sometimes you just have to shake it off and hope they stop using cheesy tactics or hope Anet fixes it.

In my personal opinion, this falls squarely into the category of “just because you can, doesn’t mean you should”. Arrow carts already suck as it is guys. Please don’t make it worse. Cata the wall or something.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ruin.3461

Ruin.3461

Not really even if this is the case ( which it isn’t as I have it and can’t shot over a wall like that) lets humour the fact it is. This creates a un fair advatage to the people that do not have this ability, then again I have eyefinity and it still doesn’t alow me to do that. Although like I said nothign you can do about it, cause A Net will not punish them as the Dev’s supposedly play on that server so what have you. Way to go Arena Net

They are shooting through the gap on the door via Eyefinity. The whole unfair advantage thing this gives is bogus. People who can afford a larger field of view should play with a larger field of view. Nothing unfair about that. That is like saying people with the most up to date gaming rig has an unfair advantage over those with a toaster from 2001 due to lag/latency issues. Or those with a razer naga/g600 has a unfair advantage due to the readily available key binds.

Hate to break it to you, but the whole point of competitive gametypes (which wvw supposedly is) is to even the playing field as much as possible between all parties. This means each party has the same capabilities, with hardware affording ease of use, better visuals, etc., but not affording capabilities that is not accessible to other parties.

Tier 1 Casual

in Match-ups

Bash.7291

Not really even if this is the case ( which it isn’t as I have it and can’t shot over a wall like that) lets humour the fact it is. This creates a un fair advatage to the people that do not have this ability, then again I have eyefinity and it still doesn’t alow me to do that. Although like I said nothign you can do about it, cause A Net will not punish them as the Dev’s supposedly play on that server so what have you. Way to go Arena Net

They are shooting through the gap on the door via Eyefinity. The whole unfair advantage thing this gives is bogus. People who can afford a larger field of view should play with a larger field of view. Nothing unfair about that. That is like saying people with the most up to date gaming rig has an unfair advantage over those with a toaster from 2001 due to lag/latency issues. Or those with a razer naga/g600 has a unfair advantage due to the readily available key binds.

Changing mechanics of a game because you have better field of view is pretty stupid honestly. If you can’t shoot somewhere with one setup, why the hell should you be able to it with another.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vlad.7529

Vlad.7529

Nice zoom hacks Even though this will be ignoreed/ Infracted/ removed, and nothing done about it at least a few people will realize the lows that SoR goes to to win a fight.

Yes because all of SoR uses this.. Its SoR’s fault. That’s like saying that all of BG hacked Orbs back when they were around.

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

Hate to break it to you, but the whole point of competitive gametypes (which wvw supposedly is) is to even the playing field as much as possible between all parties. This means each party has the same capabilities, with hardware affording ease of use, better visuals, etc., but not affording capabilities that is not accessible to other parties.

Right! everybody downgrade to Windows XP and a Pentium 4.

(I’m sure somebody is still using one and would appreciate a level playing field)

in Match-ups

kyro.8162

Eyefinity is accessible to other/any parties if they are willing to get 3 or so monitors. So these capabilities are accessible to all. Like I said, it isn’t as different as having a 17 button mouse which gives the user additional capabilities compared to other users without one.

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]

in Match-ups

Ruin.3461

(I’m sure somebody is still using one and would appreciate a level playing field)

Apparently you misunderstood my point. Lower end hardware does not prevent you from performing actions that other players are capable of, though it may make it difficult. Without altered screen dimensions, it does not matter how kitten your processor and graphics card are, you will never be able to do this. Additionally, game developers try to cater to the lowest reasonable hardware specifications both to gain the largest market possible, and to prevent problems like this from arising for the vast majority of their playerbase. Why ANet allows zoom-unlocking in wvw is mind-boggling.

Tier 1 Casual

in Match-ups

Ruin.3461

Eyefinity is accessible to other/any parties if they are willing to get 3 or so monitors. So these capabilities are accessible to all. Like I said, it isn’t as different as having a 17 button mouse which gives the user additional capabilities compared to other users without one.

A multi-button mouse doesn’t afford any capabilities not granted by a basic hardware setup. It does not allow you to do things other players cannot, it can only make these actions easier to perform. Buying additional monitors is something external to the gamespace, which is in direct opposition to creating a competitive gametype. All advantages must be gained through interactions with the gamespace itself and the moving parts contained within.

Tier 1 Casual

in Match-ups

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

Wasn’t the superbox bug with zooming removed or said to be an exploit, yet a program is allowed to exploit (as what Kyro said)to use graphics bug (or something that is not suppose to be, the gap in the door) in conjuction with a program to kill people?

Leto, that also is a extremely unsmart comment. Computer or lack of a good system is one thing. Using a outside program to gain an advantage when a in game bug gave the same effect, but was consider an exploit, is so much different.

The point is its one guild’s commander. Whether or not its all of SoR or just 1 person. I assume that guild isn’t a tiny guild and this is a commander which is 2 huge things. Also you guys/girls coming in and defending that person for using, at best, shady tactics after all the we just want good fights talk from SoR, is pretty hilarious.

in Match-ups

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

ugh, typing while trying to eat icecream never works out well.

in Match-ups

kyro.8162

Apparently you misunderstood my point. Lower end hardware does not prevent you from performing actions that other players are capable of, though it may make it difficult. Without altered screen dimensions, it does not matter how kitten your processor and graphics card are, you will never be able to do this. Additionally, game developers try to cater to the lowest reasonable hardware specifications both to gain the largest market possible, and to prevent problems like this from arising for the vast majority of their playerbase. Why ANet allows zoom-unlocking in wvw is mind-boggling.

This is where you are wrong. A lower end hardware can prevent you from performing actions that other players are capable of. Some lower end hardware won’t even allow you to play the game!!! I mean what is this nonsense! I should be able to play the game with specs like these.
CPU: Motorola 68040 @ 25MHz
RAM: 2MB – 18MB onboard
Display: 256 colors at 1280 × 400
256,000 colors in HAM-8 mode
Ports: parallel, serial, floppy
RGB video, audio
Storage: 1.76M 3.5-inch floppy
120MB IDE HD
“Workbench” GUI
If I can’t this is totally unfair.

The point I’m trying to make is, this is a part of the game. Rich or foolish people are able to improve their game play experience and A-net is even providing support for these people. There is countless QQ threads about this, some you can do without eyefinity, others you cannot. Guess what? A-net made NO comment on this, meaning, you guessed it. They aren’t going to do a kitten thing about it.
If they do something about it, it kittens with those peoples game play experience, if they don’t, it kittens other peoples game play experience. So yea, A-net boned themselves from the start.
So generalizing an entire server, or guild isn’t going to accomplish anything. If you really want to do something about it, bug A-net to change the AC mechanics to that of a cata or something along those lines.

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]

(edited by kyro.8162)

in Match-ups

Ruin.3461

This is where you are wrong. A lower end hardware can prevent you from performing actions that other players are capable of. Some lower end hardware won’t even allow you to play the game!!! I mean what is this nonsense! I should be able to play the game with specs like these.
RGB video, audio
120MB IDE HD
“Workbench” GUI

“lowest reasonable hardware specifications”

It’s pretty obvious that developers don’t have control over the hardware setups that their customers are running. This has always been a problem with PC gaming, and is one of the things that consoles were designed to fix. Despite this, developers always work to give an even playing field to those who meet the minimum specifications or above.

What developers can control is what software is used to interact with their game, and typically ban everything that could give players an unfair advantage for using (see: every other competitive game).

I don’t know why you’re trying to defend this point. If I download a zoom or speed hack, is this legal within the game space because “anyone else can just download that hack too”?

Tier 1 Casual

in Match-ups

kyro.8162

RGB video, audio
120MB IDE HD
“Workbench” GUI

It’s pretty obvious that developers don’t have control over the hardware setups that their customers are running. This has always been a problem with PC gaming, and is one of the things that consoles were designed to fix. Despite this, developers always work to give an even playing field to those who meet the minimum specifications or above.

What developers can control is what software is used to interact with their game, and typically ban everything that could give players an unfair advantage for using (see: every other competitive game).

I don’t know why you’re trying to defend this point. If I download a zoom or speed hack, is this legal within the game space because “anyone else can just download that hack too”?

No as those are hacks as even you admit to. The guy with the larger screen should be able to see more, no? The problem is not being able to see more. The problem lies in the acs themselves. Besides, A-net provided support for eyefinity, which by the way, allows those with a bigger screen to see more.

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

Good to see BG has that Euro coverage once again now that HB is back, must of seen at least 30+ on SoRBL buring the midnight oil!

[TW]Tempest Wolves

in Match-ups

Ruin.3461

RGB video, audio
120MB IDE HD
“Workbench” GUI

No as those are hacks as even you admit to. The guy with the larger screen should be able to see more, no? The problem is not being able to see more. The problem lies in the acs themselves. Besides, A-net provided support for eyefinity, which by the way, allows those with a bigger screen to see more.

A hack is just a third party program that interfaces with the game. The problem does lie with being able to see more, because only select individuals have this capability. You can run the game without three monitors, you can’t run the game on a toaster. If ANet provided support for this, I doubt this was their intended use, considering it’s contrary to their entire design philosophy (allow everyone a level playing field with easy to access, homogeneous top tier equipment). The guy with the larger screen should not be able to see more, the guy with the larger screen should be able to see the same thing at a greater resolution, which is how almost every other game functions.

Tier 1 Casual

in Match-ups

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

Good to see BG has that Euro coverage once again now that HB is back, must of seen at least 30+ on SoRBL buring the midnight oil!

HB is only back part time, and mostly just to find fights and have fun. That said it was a really good night tonight with alot of good battles in both EU and EST prime.

Thanks to TW for not backing out and bringing the heat. You guys still rock

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in Match-ups

kyro.8162

RGB video, audio
120MB IDE HD
“Workbench” GUI

A hack is just a third party program that interfaces with the game. The problem does lie with being able to see more, because only select individuals have this capability. You can run the game without three monitors, you can’t run the game on a toaster. If ANet provided support for this, I doubt this was their intended use, considering it’s contrary to their entire design philosophy (allow everyone a level playing field with easy to access, homogeneous top tier equipment). The guy with the larger screen should not be able to see more, the guy with the larger screen should be able to see the same thing at a greater resolution, which is how almost every other game functions.

That isn’t true in the case of wider monitors as resolution can only go so far in this case. So, yea those with 3 monitors can and should be able to see more. That, like I said isn’t the problem. Seeing more shouldn’t harm the game. The problem lies within the acs themselves. And my original point was, you shouldn’t judge a server for anets folly, especially when every server has people using it.

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]

in Match-ups

Ruin.3461

I’m not judging the server at all, I’m just saying you’re wrong. No, you shouldn’t be allowed to see more, because that harms the game. That will always harm the game, regardless of whether it allows you to shoot places you otherwise couldn’t or just see and gather information that you should not be able to. If the intention was to allow players to have increased field of view, anet would allow players to zoom out as far as they wanted. You haven’t even denied that this gives an advantage to people who use it, which, regardless of whether or not they “deserve” this advantage (they don’t) is still garnered from a controllable external influence. ANet can’t upgrade your hardware for you, but they can sure as hell prevent you from abusing third party software to gain an advantage in their game.

Tier 1 Casual

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ardon.4105

Ardon.4105

What are you people even arguing about anymore. Go play the game.

[Agg] Rendon Argos (Charrgos) – Guardian
Server Traversing Nomad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

Sure it does seem to be brought up most often about a particular guild, but it’s still a small sub-set of the server. Sometimes you just have to shake it off and hope they stop using cheesy tactics or hope Anet fixes it.

I think the answer should be submit a ticket and do not post it here.
Anything beyond that it’s just the same thing.
Lets keep it clean guys! Great fights Everyone!

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Curved screens are going to make their way into mainstream in about 1 to 3 years.

99.999% bezel free screens are also almost here

VR 3d glasses are going to be mainstream 1 to 4 years from today

Nothing much we can do about tech allowing greater FOV (field of view)

But i think FOV should not be greater than our Natural FOV of 120 to 180 degrees

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i like turtles.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Bash.7291

i like turtles.

…………………….. God man, can’t you see people are bickering here!

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

WvW is an unbalanced game type and will always be so due to the players at a variety of levels and the differing coverage.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Match-ups

Ruin.3461

WvW is an unbalanced game type and will always be so due to the players at a variety of levels and the differing coverage.

All situations that arise through internal game mechanics.

Tier 1 Casual

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

this is kinda a grey area tbh

I can see both sides of this

1 it gives the person using it abilities not everyone has
2 its not a hack tho and was created for a dif purpose and this is just a side affect

technology akittens best the haves and have nots

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

Wasn’t the superbox bug with zooming removed or said to be an exploit, yet a program is allowed to exploit (as what Kyro said)to use graphics bug (or something that is not suppose to be, the gap in the door) in conjuction with a program to kill people?

Leto, that also is a extremely unsmart comment. Computer or lack of a good system is one thing. Using a outside program to gain an advantage when a in game bug gave the same effect, but was consider an exploit, is so much different.

The point is its one guild’s commander. Whether or not its all of SoR or just 1 person. I assume that guild isn’t a tiny guild and this is a commander which is 2 huge things. Also you guys/girls coming in and defending that person for using, at best, shady tactics after all the we just want good fights talk from SoR, is pretty hilarious.

Like hell.
I have a late model system and a razer naga. You trying to tell me some poor schlub chugging along in a zerg fight at 4 fps and skill clicking has a chance against me? You saying thats fair? He has no chance, I’ll run circles around the poor guy. I see it all the time, usually a ranged toon trying to tab a target he can hit with no clue I’m standing at his knees about to burst him..

It’s no different than someone buying a triple monitor setup, I wont cuz I like the view my wife and I have of our backyard between our monitors. Heck, I don’t even have arrowcart mastery. But thats not the point, the point I’m making here is the ones that DO have this equipment deserve to use it. And the people complaining about it are basically setting the bar juuuuust above their own price range. This is the unpolishable kitten of the whole argument.

(edited by LetoII.3782)

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i like turtles.

…………………….. God man, can’t you see people are bickering here!

i see i failed to lighten the mood. : ((
pls don’t hate me Bash.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

As far as I know, Anet hasn’t said that people aren’t allowed to make use of multiple monitors so it’s legit.

in Match-ups

Posted by: XIII.6351

XIII.6351

Arcanum [Sanctum Of Roger “Oldroar” Rall]
`Warrior/ `Necromancer/ `Guardian
That’s how it goes wrong, people think they’re fcking heroes.- Sacrx[Red Guard]

in Match-ups

Ruin.3461

Like hell.
I have a late model system and a razer naga. You trying to tell me some poor schlub chugging along in a zerg fight at 4 fps and skill clicking has a chance against me? You saying thats fair? He has no chance, I’ll run circles around the poor guy. I see it all the time, usually a ranged toon trying to tab a target he can hit with no clue I’m standing at his knees about to burst him..

It’s no different than someone buying a triple monitor setup, I wont cuz I like the view my wife and I have of our backyard between our monitors. Heck, I don’t even have arrowcart mastery. But thats not the point, the point I’m making here is the ones that DO have this equipment deserve to use it. And the people complaining about it are basically setting the bar juuuuust above their own price range. This is the unpolishable kitten of the whole argument.

What you’re describing is called Pay-to-win, and it’s widely regarded as terrible design, both when intentionally implemented, and unintentionally implemented. Would you be fine with statistical buffs granted to players that purchase gems with real money? What if these buffs stacked the more you bought? Spending more money on a game is not a license for in-game advantages.

Tier 1 Casual