“Moving to spawn camp … Its not over”

LOL! Nice.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

6/14 Blackgate/ Jade Quarry/ Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Would you be fine with statistical buffs granted to players that purchase gems with real money? What if these buffs stacked the more you bought? Spending more money on a game is not a license for in-game advantages.

Yes. I’d buy them.

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

Another night bg loses their keep in eb

Only took 2 full map zergs to take it

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

Another night bg loses their keep in eb

“Moving to spawn camp … Its not over”

LOL! Nice.

lol good catch.

i’ve seen that guy around before! XDD

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

I find it interesting that Blackgate needs to be double teamed to be beaten.
Even double teaming blackgate it took you an hour to take our keep…rofl

in Match-ups

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

The last time we met. Jq/bg double teamed sor garsion and took 2.5 hrs to take.. rofl

Whats ur point?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Well at least we are getting better at holding them off, i mean 12:37am my time is a new record I think for this week.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Wasn’t the superbox bug with zooming removed or said to be an exploit, yet a program is allowed to exploit (as what Kyro said)to use graphics bug (or something that is not suppose to be, the gap in the door) in conjuction with a program to kill people?

Leto, that also is a extremely unsmart comment. Computer or lack of a good system is one thing. Using a outside program to gain an advantage when a in game bug gave the same effect, but was consider an exploit, is so much different.

The point is its one guild’s commander. Whether or not its all of SoR or just 1 person. I assume that guild isn’t a tiny guild and this is a commander which is 2 huge things. Also you guys/girls coming in and defending that person for using, at best, shady tactics after all the we just want good fights talk from SoR, is pretty hilarious.

Like hell.
I have a late model system and a razer naga. You trying to tell me some poor schlub chugging along in a zerg fight at 4 fps and skill clicking has a chance against me? You saying thats fair? He has no chance, I’ll run circles around the poor guy. I see it all the time, usually a ranged toon trying to tab a target he can hit with no clue I’m standing at his knees about to burst him..

It’s no different than someone buying a triple monitor setup, I wont cuz I like the view my wife and I have of our backyard between our monitors. Heck, I don’t even have arrowcart mastery. But thats not the point, the point I’m making here is the ones that DO have this equipment deserve to use it. And the people complaining about it are basically setting the bar juuuuust above their own price range. This is the unpolishable kitten of the whole argument.

What you’re describing is called Pay-to-win, and it’s widely regarded as terrible design, both when intentionally implemented, and unintentionally implemented. Would you be fine with statistical buffs granted to players that purchase gems with real money? What if these buffs stacked the more you bought? Spending more money on a game is not a license for in-game advantages.

What you’re arguing for is your own equipment being the best acceptable.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

This is EB. The server that shows 1 sign of weakness will be instantly targeted. Btw you 2 double teamed us today in EB too with us losing everything but our keep since we were outmanned and both sides had big zergs and we were unable to hold them off. This is how EB goes. Think the double team ended since BG hit JQ and took SM. Continuing the 2v1 would have been better in my opinion.

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ruin.3461

Ruin.3461

Wasn’t the superbox bug with zooming removed or said to be an exploit, yet a program is allowed to exploit (as what Kyro said)to use graphics bug (or something that is not suppose to be, the gap in the door) in conjuction with a program to kill people?

Leto, that also is a extremely unsmart comment. Computer or lack of a good system is one thing. Using a outside program to gain an advantage when a in game bug gave the same effect, but was consider an exploit, is so much different.

The point is its one guild’s commander. Whether or not its all of SoR or just 1 person. I assume that guild isn’t a tiny guild and this is a commander which is 2 huge things. Also you guys/girls coming in and defending that person for using, at best, shady tactics after all the we just want good fights talk from SoR, is pretty hilarious.

Like hell.
I have a late model system and a razer naga. You trying to tell me some poor schlub chugging along in a zerg fight at 4 fps and skill clicking has a chance against me? You saying thats fair? He has no chance, I’ll run circles around the poor guy. I see it all the time, usually a ranged toon trying to tab a target he can hit with no clue I’m standing at his knees about to burst him..

It’s no different than someone buying a triple monitor setup, I wont cuz I like the view my wife and I have of our backyard between our monitors. Heck, I don’t even have arrowcart mastery. But thats not the point, the point I’m making here is the ones that DO have this equipment deserve to use it. And the people complaining about it are basically setting the bar juuuuust above their own price range. This is the unpolishable kitten of the whole argument.

What you’re describing is called Pay-to-win, and it’s widely regarded as terrible design, both when intentionally implemented, and unintentionally implemented. Would you be fine with statistical buffs granted to players that purchase gems with real money? What if these buffs stacked the more you bought? Spending more money on a game is not a license for in-game advantages.

Not at all. I’m arguing that external factors should be removed to the greatest degree possible in any competitive format in any game. This is always the goal of competition. Do you think it should be subverted because this is an mmo and we shouldn’t have standards here? What you’re arguing for is advantages that have nothing to do with your actual gameplay.

Tier 1 Casual

in Match-ups

Posted by: Clockradio.3257

Clockradio.3257

BG taking the night off? The map doesn’t look so good… ????

Clockradio | [TSYM] | Sanctum of Rall
tsym.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

two massive zergs of 60 people to fight is the only way you guys can beat Beastgate

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

Like hell.

Not at all. I’m arguing that external factors should be removed to the greatest degree possible in any competitive format in any game. This is always the goal of competition. Do you think it should be subverted because this is an mmo and we shouldn’t have standards here? What you’re arguing for is advantages that have nothing to do with your actual gameplay.

There IS in fact an upper limit to this pay curve, it’s the best tech available. I don’t have it, you don’t have it, some do. But to disallow better equipment than your own, yet not make mention of inferior systems no doubt many players of lesser means are making do with is quite ironic. Would your argument be that we should all be handicapped to the minimum specifications for the game, would that not actually be the level playing field?

in Match-ups

Posted by: kyro.8162

kyro.8162

Like hell.

So basically you’re saying we should all get a Xbox one or ps4 then? Because there are TONS of different types of rigs with thousands if not millions of possibilities to build upon. With many mice, different keyboards, bigger monitors, multiple monitors, dual video cards, making the PC have a huge external factor. And you are saying they should be removed to the greatest degree. Xbox one, Steam box, HERE WE COME!

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]
Guardian/Ele/Warrior/Engi/Mes/Necro/Ranger

in Match-ups

Ruin.3461

Like hell.

There IS in fact an upper limit to this pay curve, it’s the best tech available. I don’t have it, you don’t have it, some do. But to disallow better equipment than your own, yet not make mention of inferior systems no doubt many players of lesser means are making do with is quite ironic. Would your argument be that we should all be handicapped to the minimum specifications for the game, would that not actually be the level playing field?

Increased specifications ideally allow for increased graphical fidelity with no framerate drops or stuttering. The game should be playable, at low settings, with minimal framerate drops and stuttering on the minimum specifications. That’s why they’re minimum specifications, the game is playable on those specifications. Better hardware should not confer any competitive advantages.

Tier 1 Casual

in Match-ups

Ruin.3461

Like hell.

So basically you’re saying we should all get a Xbox one or ps4 then? Because there are TONS of different types of rigs with thousands if not millions of possibilities to build upon. With many mice, different keyboards, bigger monitors, multiple monitors, dual video cards, making the PC have a huge external factor. And you are saying they should be removed to the greatest degree. Xbox one, Steam box, HERE WE COME!

Real Time Strategy games have been doing this just fine for decades.

Tier 1 Casual

in Match-ups

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

Please stop with the l2strategize posts. You’re all fools if you actually believe some random cap of SM led to a 2v1 on BG for the third consecutive night.

Not qq’ing, just saying it’s simpler than that. SoR needs to attack BG to win, and JQ is looking to collect a few tears after being pummeled last week.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

Like hell.

Increased specifications ideally allow for increased graphical fidelity with no framerate drops or stuttering. The game should be playable, at low settings, with minimal framerate drops and stuttering on the minimum specifications. That’s why they’re minimum specifications, the game is playable on those specifications. Better hardware should not confer any competitive advantages.

Minimum specifications are usable in PvE and sPvP.
I in fact spent the first month of the game with a pc quite close the those requirements. With 20 people in the area, friend and foe combined, everything bottomed out, 2-4 fps. That machine was late model in Warhammer Online days, junk for this. That is the truth of the situation in WvW, a lot of people playing are essentially victims in waiting. Like I said, that feces is indeed unpolishable

in Match-ups

Posted by: Micah.8423

Micah.8423

Oh you. One day there will be a time when BG and SoR are fighting each other without JQ around. Then you’ll be all set to destroy us on SoR. Until then, don’t make excuses for losing. SoR was getting double teamed earlier today. I saw it. With my eyes. Both eyes. On my face.

Fancybottom is best bottom.

in Match-ups

Ruin.3461

Like hell.

I in fact spent the first month of the game with a pc quite close the those requirements. With 20 people in the area, friend and foe combined, everything bottomed out, 2-4 fps. That machine was late model in Warhammer Online days, junk for this. That is the truth of the situation in WvW, a lot of people playing are essentially victims in waiting. Like I said, that feces is indeed unpolishable

Yes, that’s because ANet kittened up. But it’s a difficult task to make a large scale fight in an mmo (important part here) run well on lower end machines. It’s incredibly easy to stop people from abusing multi-monitor setups.

Tier 1 Casual

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

two massive zergs of 60 people to fight is the only way you guys can beat Beastgate

Everyone knows Beastgate is bestgate as it takes two servers to beatgate the bossgate. I mean they are just bittergate about how strong bulkgate is!

I lold. on the real.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

Like hell.

Yes, that’s because ANet kittened up. But it’s a difficult task to make a large scale fight in an mmo (important part here) run well on lower end machines. It’s incredibly easy to stop people from abusing multi-monitor setups.

You insist on referring to better equipment than your own as “abusing”
Yet, for people resenting us and our fancy double digit framerates it’s a too bad.

How does one hand not wash the other?

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Wednesdays are kinda boring lately. Mid-week. Everyone is just like zzzZZzzz.

Hoping for some more real fighting tomorrow, as tonight was kinda dull. I think we held our own pretty well today, though, in spite of everything. Good job, JQ!

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

cyyrix.6105

Please stop with the l2strategize posts. You’re all fools if you actually believe some random cap of SM led to a 2v1 on BG for the third consecutive night.

Not qq’ing, just saying it’s simpler than that. SoR needs to attack BG to win, and JQ is looking to collect a few tears after being pummeled last week.

I think its more of a collective effort we started doing, neither SoR or JQ actually care who has it, so long as BG loses it every night. I actually have a good laugh every night when I check the map to see that JQ or SoR control your entire corner in EB. That BL must be so demoralizing for your militia

Meh, our militia is pretty hardened by now. The nightly 2v1 is more or less expected at this point. I think most of us know it’s really just for the lulz for the SoR and JQ players.

We just do what we can, and pray the RNG gods give us that SoR/BG/not JQ match up. Will be interesting to see how things play out when it happens.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Wednesdays are kinda boring lately. Mid-week. Everyone is just like zzzZZzzz.

Hoping for some more real fighting tomorrow, as tonight was kinda dull. I think we held our own pretty well today, though, in spite of everything. Good job, JQ!

Typical Tier 1 week

Friday Night —> HULK mode
Sat —> My PPT is bigger than your PPT
Sun —> Last chance to wave my PPT stick around
Monday —> Work Sucks, lets make BG life miserable
Tuesday —> My PPT is not so good, lets ninja BG stuff
Wednesday —> Snooze day. Pass the bong mate
Thursday —> BG calls the entire server to defeat a handful of JQ players
Friday AM —> SoR can afford to slack so its JQ vs BG

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

Not really even if this is the case ( which it isn’t as I have it and can’t shot over a wall like that) lets humour the fact it is. This creates a un fair advatage to the people that do not have this ability, then again I have eyefinity and it still doesn’t alow me to do that. Although like I said nothign you can do about it, cause A Net will not punish them as the Dev’s supposedly play on that server so what have you. Way to go Arena Net

I thought I was seeing an oddly high number of 5 signet warriors in SoR’s zergs …

in Match-ups

Ruin.3461

Yet, for people resenting us and our fancy double digit framerates it’s a too bad.

If you had actually read my post, you would have realized that I stated that the framerate issues are also a problem, just one that isn’t as easily solveable. Issues like these are not the fault of the playerbase for buying the game and using the equipment they have; it’s design flaws that allow external factors to give players an advantage in the first place. Ideally, player performance should be wholly encompassed within the game space. This obviously isn’t feasible given hardware needs for large wvw battles, because ANet’s engine can’t keep up with their game mode – one or both are at fault here. The multi-monitor issues are easily fixable, however, and they don’t really have any excuses for allowing them to persist.

Tier 1 Casual

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

Thanks for the fun fights in EB tonight from [SG]!

We were actually going to hit SoR tonight, but when we had SoR pushed back to their keep and trebbing it, BG chose to golem rush SM. So we decided BG should leave the map. And as what SoR commanders do actually makes sense we aided them in taking the BG keep, then took it a bit later I heard.

But goal accomplished!

See you tomorrow at your keep BG =)

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in Match-ups

Posted by: zach.1952

zach.1952

I doubt it’ll be any different next week match-wise. The "random"ness of the new system still seems a bit dependent on raw score.

Level 80: ElementalistWarriorThiefGuardianMesmer
Jade Quarry – NA

(edited by zach.1952)

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

If you had actually read my post, you would have realized that I stated that the framerate issues are also a problem, just one that isn’t as easily solveable. Issues like these are not the fault of the playerbase for buying the game and using the equipment they have; it’s design flaws that allow external factors to give players an advantage in the first place. Ideally, player performance should be wholly encompassed within the game space. This obviously isn’t feasible given hardware needs for large wvw battles, because ANet’s engine can’t keep up with their game mode – one or both are at fault here. The multi-monitor issues are easily fixable, however, and they don’t really have any excuses for allowing them to persist.

The only response required is the one already quoted..
Aha! You have activated my trap card.

Attachments:

(edited by LetoII.3782)

in Match-ups

Posted by: broxigar.8754

broxigar.8754

Score update!!
Chest Thumping
BG : 36 post
JQ : 2 post
SOR : 13 post

QQ
BG : 27 post
JQ : 3 post
SOR: 0 post

keep it classy guys..

Jade Quarry | B R O X – Guardian

in Match-ups

Ruin.3461

Aha! You have activated my trap card.

I wanted to believe you were trolling this whole time, but I honestly thought you were that stupid, my apologies.

Tier 1 Casual

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

And… Resorts to crass insults.
That’s a point for me, good day sir!

in Match-ups

Ruin.3461

And… Resorts to crass insults.
That’s a point for me, good day sir!

So you were serious? Is it then a point for me that you failed to respond to any of my points and continually repeated that people who spend more money are entitled to advantages?

Tier 1 Casual

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

If Anet has a problem with players using multi-monitors or whatever else to gain an advantage over other players then they should do something about it. It’s not the playerbase’s responsibility to deal with these sorts of things.

in Match-ups

Ruin.3461

If Anet has a problem with players using multi-monitors or whatever else to gain an advantage over other players then they should do something about it. It’s not the playerbase’s responsibility to deal with these sorts of things.

You’re right, it isn’t. Which is why ANet should patch it out of the game. Our little argument was not over whether it was player’s faults for abusing this, but rather whether it should exist in the game at all.

Tier 1 Casual

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

You’re right, it isn’t. Which is why ANet should patch it out of the game. Our little argument was not over whether it was player’s faults for abusing this, but rather whether it should exist in the game at all.

That’s an argument that only the devs can resolve.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

No to be honest its because they broke the 2v1 earlier today against SoR. lol

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

That’s an argument that only the devs can resolve.

Nothing TO resolve, really nice computers aren’t an exploit any more than obsolete equipment should be made allowances for. Ain’t up to Arenanet to fix userside issues. The best part of this whole undying topic is… The master cartsmith on SoR that spends his/her time finding these amazing spots to place, and the river of tears it’s created.

Everything else is just flying in circles

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

Nothing TO resolve, really nice computers aren’t an exploit any more than obsolete equipment should be made allowances for.

I tend to agree but my values are ultimately irrelevant.

in Match-ups

Posted by: coronbale.3894

coronbale.3894

So your saying that no action in WvW has any reprocussions. Every action completed or attempted is independent of any previous actions, as well as future events?

Pretty sure you should never, ever, ever tag up brother…

Score update!!
Chest Thumping

QQ

keep it classy guys..

C’MON SOR DIG DEEP. Were barely giving it our troll… I mean all…

Leader of [TSym]
Sea of Sorrows
IGN – Coron

(edited by coronbale.3894)

in Match-ups

Posted by: fade.8603

fade.8603

Eyefinity can be used even with a single monitor setup by switching modes and then using that same monitor to gain a larger FOV. Can someone verify?

In this case, any 3rd party software which grants you an ability that once you do not use it will not have access to attack certain spots makes it… unintended use?

BlackGate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

I have to react on the multi monitor subject and the extended view. These two are NOT link in any way. Hardware can’t allow you to gain access to a different feature of view than the game allow you to have. This is only granted by a software (programm) which is known as a third party and excluded by TOSSS. People use that 3rd party programm and they just make believe that it’s a feature that their hardware architecture allow them: this is just a LIE.
Bigger TV don’t grant you better or larger view as well about the 3screen set up. It won’t change anyhow the view that the game itself allow you to have. So now I see plenty people using that 3rd party programm with that fake excuse for noob that believe it and Anet just have to ban them all period. I personnaly report any people blatantly using it in wvw using ac throught walls in keep courtyard to take out defensive sieges. Where these people lack in skill they just use easy mode third party programm (that I can’t name here^^) and then they claim and believe in their skills. Make me laugh.
So Anet is aware of that 3rd party programm and they laugh hard everytime you give the “3monitor explaination”.
When these people are getting ban they ll whine with that fake excuse: “It’s not me it’s my computer set up it’s 3screens” AHAHA… good laugh… ban them hard they cheat and lie.

(edited by Titan.3472)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Eyefinity can be used even with a single monitor setup by switching modes and then using that same monitor to gain a larger FOV. Can someone verify?

Hello,

Yes, extended FOV can be done on a single monitor.

1. Switch the game to windowed mode.

2. Pull the top and bottom border as close and comfortable as you can.

3. Done.

Now you have extended FOV on right and left.

FW

[SoX] – JQ

in Match-ups

cyyrix.6105

So your saying that no action in WvW has any reprocussions. Every action completed or attempted is independent of any previous actions, as well as future events?

Wow, that’s some pretty strong extrapolation, brother. You literally just went from “today’s take on SM is not the reason for the 2v1” to “no action in WvW has any reprocussions”.

And on top of it, you’re an kitten to me? Unreal. Pretty embarrassing for the leader of a large guild such as yours.

(edited by cyyrix.6105)

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

[LOVE] members loyally awaiting the arrival of the Grand Empress of T1, CuddleStrike!

Also, update!

Attachments:

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

JQ’s roamer quality= wins 5v1 and every single one /laugh and /sit

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

[LOVE] members loyally awaiting the arrival of the Grand Empress of T1, CuddleStrike!

Also, update!

:D

I’m at work! Be hoome soooooon! Also I see adorable sang is there lol

So adorable!

Shini go to bread! Actually make me a sammich? I’m hungry!

P.s
Looks like my commander friends are battling it out atm…… scores are looking interesting! Make sure I don’t miss all the fun guys!

The LOVE asura <3

(edited by CuddleStrike.8215)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Score update!!
Chest Thumping

QQ

keep it classy guys..

C’MON SOR DIG DEEP. Were barely giving it our troll… I mean all…

TSym is now in SoS?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister