6/14 CD / TC / SoS

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Which server is [FUN] on?

I think I’ve seen them in the previous match or two as well as this one, so I would assume SoS. Though I could be mistaking multiple guilds with the same acronym for each other.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I watched the first 1:15 minutes of the video and had to stop. The maker of the video didn’t even target one enemy during the zerg v zerg at the beginning. In other words, all he/she did was run forward and spam skills, ignoring everything else. He couldn’t even care less what the enemy players were even doing because he didn’t even target one of them!

How is that possibly any fun whatsoever?

I have autotarget disabled and in ZvZ fights, 90% of the time I don’t target anyone. Some classes/weapons SHOULD be played that way.

Lots of players do this. It’s acceptable/expected in most cases. Targeting a player, depending on your weapon, can lead to you shooting off in the wrong direction at the wrong time.

That explains why it’s so easy to just run right past entire zergs.

A properly disciplined zerg doesn’t chase down one rogue player…

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

solution: we actually play Maguuma :p

Throw in FA, CD or any of the mob currently fighting in t4 and it’s got the potential to be quite a nice match.

Dont underestimate FA, their fairweather pop is rather large too, if they build up a head of steam early on, they can steamroll.

Also, they have a strong oceanic which counters yours.

But it would be an interesting regardless and likely more balanced than this current match.

‘Quite a nice match’ with FA conditional on SoS and Mag working together well enough (and playing to each others coverage strengths) to stop FA building up that fairweather momentum over the weekend :p

Of course, that might not even be possible, but it would be fun to attempt at least.

SoS, Mag, FA – FA comes out on top by a large margin.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

LameFox.6349

It’s not like there are no ways to catch people with AOE. Ideally I’d hope it’s easy to run past them because they realize they shouldn’t bother pursuing you, but realistically I’d assume it’s a combination of low framerates (judging by screencaps people post around the forums, I think a lot of GW2 players aren’t exactly on stellar hardware) and that the ones who do try to catch you are also the ones who haven’t been around long enough to have learned when they should be ignoring you.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

It’s not like there are no ways to catch people with AOE. Ideally I’d hope it’s easy to run past them because they realize they shouldn’t bother pursuing you, but realistically I’d assume it’s a combination of low framerates (judging by screencaps people post around the forums, I think a lot of GW2 players aren’t exactly on stellar hardware) and that the ones who do try to catch you are also the ones who haven’t been around long enough to have learned when they should be ignoring you.

If you’re a single player and you escape a zerg, it just means the PUGs are starting to listen

RIP in peace Robert

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

LameFox.6349

If you’re a single player and you escape a zerg, it just means the PUGs are starting to listen

If you’re a single player who is also an optimist perhaps. :P

I’m not even in a WvW guild or anything, I just PUG with the cmdrs who seem more competent and spend the rest of my time speeding up yaks or making/operating/repping defences, and I still mentally facepalm a few times during the average zerg. So many people flailing around incoherently. You know – the ones who if it were a bucket of water would splash over the sides with every bump. Even though they’re always getting killed as they stray too far, either they don’t mind or new ones take their places.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

If you’re a single player who is also an optimist perhaps. :P

I’m not even in a WvW guild or anything, I just PUG with the cmdrs who seem more competent and spend the rest of my time speeding up yaks or making/operating/repping defences, and I still mentally facepalm a few times during the average zerg. So many people flailing around incoherently. You know – the ones who if it were a bucket of water would splash over the sides with every bump. Even though they’re always getting killed as they stray too far, either they don’t mind or new ones take their places.

The general policy of TC’s commanders is: If you chase and die, no one’s going to rez you. If you rez a chaser, you’re getting left behind. /shrug

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

I didn’t get a chance to post it at the time, but I’m genuinely curious as to what the group of TC with the three golems near Lowlands on SoS about… an hour or two ago were doing.

I thought maybe you guys were building them up for a rush or something, but we owned Lowlands, you guys owned Hills and I still have no clue what you were planning on hitting with them at the sentry there.

Sea of Sorrows

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Odinzu.9645

Odinzu.9645

Hey everyone. [EP] is looking for GvG. Though we would like it to be 20v20, we will do 10v10 or 15 v 15.

Please contact me in game!

Odinzu [EP]
Thug life

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

I didn’t get a chance to post it at the time, but I’m genuinely curious as to what the group of TC with the three golems near Lowlands on SoS about… an hour or two ago were doing.

I thought maybe you guys were building them up for a rush or something, but we owned Lowlands, you guys owned Hills and I still have no clue what you were planning on hitting with them at the sentry there.

It’s not unheard of on TC for people to build golems and just goof off with them, or obtain permission from a commander to mess with golems when people are done with them.

There was a 20+ golem goof-off zerg in EBG yesterday after Odinzu et al turned the place blue. I’m still mad I missed it.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Hey everyone. [EP] is looking for GvG. Though we would like it to be 20v20, we will do 10v10 or 15 v 15.

I’ll gladly challenge EP to a GvG. I’ll take you guys by myself. With my hands tied behind my back. Blindfolded. Ohwait.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: JakobGW.5730

JakobGW.5730

I’ll gladly challenge EP to a GvG. I’ll take you guys by myself. With my hands tied behind my back. Blindfolded. Ohwait.

If you guys ever run a small havoc group and want some small-man fights, send me a whisper in-game and I’ll tell you where we’re running. When we find each other, let the fight begin.

We are [FEAR] and [TKVA]

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

CD, why just why? TC takes your keep in BL, we push inner SM for 1 hour (great fight by the way TC was an honor commanding that attempt), and you get the chance to retake your keep. We are repaid by a push on our towers and camps by CD. Why? Even though we wiped you at Anz, why would you do that? Anyway great fights TC, wish we could field a zerg to do yours justice.

Several times last night I said “don’t go north or attack SoS we want them to work with us against TC”
Yet several times a group of SoS kept coming down south and resetting an upgraded Rogues camp and probing Aldons.

I gave up after the 3rd time and just told people grab what you can. Just an FYI, because we didn’t have double supply going from rogues our keep was empty when TC attacked and we couldn’t build a counter treb. So one thing led to another and we couldn’t say “don’t attack SoS” anymore after that.

As for my comments about TC that got everyone’s panties in a bunch. They are my comments, you have some feedback, whisper me, not someone else. And no, I don’t draw them back, it’s just my opinion. Could care less where everyone is now (ps I still respect AWE for working hard when outnumbered way back when), I just don’t want some servers (you know which) to pretend to be nice when past actions spoke otherwise. It’s WvW, not a family get together.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

If you guys ever run a small havoc group and want some small-man fights, send me a whisper in-game and I’ll tell you where we’re running. When we find each other, let the fight begin.

We are [FEAR] and [TKVA]

Actually we almost always have at least one havok/roaming group out and about. It’s one of our favorite guild activities. We’re wanting to improve our small group cohesion/synergy, so I may hit you up.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Altie.4571

I miss mid-tier.

Consistently winning by 100k in T4 does suggest SoS is too large for mid tier tho.

In the pre match-up mix up phase SoS nearly gets wiped off the map during NA prime time, but wipes others off the map during off-peak hours. This is the biggest reason why they won by 100k.

If they go up against Mag/FA the same thing is bound to happen but their score would be lower slightly because of the larger NA prime time force from Fort Janthir, and harder re-capping due to more people in off-peak. They are a man in the middle due to coverage.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

I miss mid-tier.

Consistently winning by 100k in T4 does suggest SoS is too large for mid tier tho.

If they go up against Mag/FA the same thing is bound to happen but their score would be lower slightly because of the larger NA prime time force from Fort Janthir, and harder re-capping due to more people in off-peak. They are a man in the middle due to coverage.

Most definitely, generally there is usually queue on SoS borderland or EB on reset nights. Very rarely, we get queue for both. If we are matched with greater NA, we will most likely lag behind in terms of points. If FA/Mag upgraded their stuff to T3, it will make the job harder for our oceanics which is why we are trying our best everyday to make sure it’s easy for them to recap everything. Losing everything during EU prime aka our off peak is demoralizing to others. And the cycle begins!

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

(edited by Aieo.2815)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Finger! Moon!

No more detail fuss. Think of the kitties.

Attachments:

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

I do wanna say, SoS, that you guys have improved a lot of over the past 2.5 weeks. When we first faced you, a lot of your zergs were mostly glass, and you had very little organization overall. We can’t just willy-nilly charge into your zergs outnumbered the way we could when you first arrived against us and FA.

It seems now that your builds/gear have improved, as well as your field awareness and tactics. Your defensive skill has increased drastically as well, especially in EBG.

Honestly the way you fight when organized now reminds me a lot of FA. Scrappy and angry. xD “Battle hardened” might be a better way to describe it.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Family

Obviously I can’t speak about CD, but TC is like a big family. A lot of people and guilds are very close, and while things don’t always work as people would want them to, we still try our best like a family would. Perhaps that was the difference?

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

TC,
First off, stop the big brother routine. You know, where a 15 yo beats his 10 yo brother at basketball and says things that sound encouraging, but are really just condescending because we are NOT your 10 year old brother.

With that out of the way, I want to say thank you. Thank you for whooping on our PuGs and militia so brutally.

No, I don’t wish ill on them; just the opposite. I want everyone on SoS who does WvW to learn that all beserker gear doesn’t work. Want everyone in heavy armor fully decked out in PVT gear and running with consumables.

I want our newer commanders (even including myself in this one) to get used to communicating with their groups in Team Chat and learning to not fear repair bills.

I want people to download TS3 and actually use it, so that we aren’t typing "War and Peace" every 30 seconds just to take back a supply camp.

Because the last 2 weeks, we had excuses. "FA and TC are larger and BFF’s" or "SoR is just too big."
With FA hitting hard times, we face the real possibility of taking their place if things get worse over there. That means that we should be facing you every week.

There’s no good reason, even with the overwhelming numbers, we should be down 80k by Monday.
Don’t get me wrong, we can’t beat you and we can’t match your coverage. However there is no reason for us to be losing like we are...other than fatigue and Zhaitaffy (ok, we deserve some slack..this time)

We’ll work on our end and since ANET just thinks we’re perfect for each other, we’ll work on putting on a better match next time (this week’s a wash already, but we’ll see if we can salvage it).

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

And because someone mentioned it, I’m STILL fiending for Mag-SoS-EB matchup. That needs to happen before they can this system.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Altie.4571

TC,
First off, stop the big brother routine. You know, where a 15 yo beats his 10 yo brother at basketball and says things that sound encouraging, but are really just condescending because we are NOT your 10 year old brother.

But didn’t you hear? You’ve improved so much in the past couple of weeks!

Lets not bring up the whole fact that SoS used to rule t1 for a long time. Who cares about you being the best.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

TC,

Remind me never to pay you guys a compliment again. You should try taking the encouragement in the spirit in which it was meant instead of transmuting it into something unintended.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shazirah.8350

Shazirah.8350

“FA and TC are larger and BFF’s”

o.O

(Maestro at) Not Another Gaming Acronym [NAGA]:
Resident Keg Brawl Premier League Champions
… with some WvW breaks here and there.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

o.O

Obviously someone at SoS needs to go back and read some forum history. xD

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Shazirah.8350

o.O

Why would you wish that on anybody!

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

o.O

Why would you wish that on anybody!

Touche…

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: MeerKat.3792

MeerKat.3792

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/203/6akv.jpg/

Very classy from NAGA, trolling CD north camp. There’s a lot of difference in being defeated and getting stomped with multiple concussion. You just can’t learn anything after that.

LadyHawke of Meer/ LadyHawke/ Simply RedRaven
Raven’s Wolves of Crystal Desert
~ Fortis Atque Fidelis ~

(edited by MeerKat.3792)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

610 PPT…

Never thought I would see that.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

MrSilver.5269

615 PPT.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/st8h.jpg/

Dear Arenanet, this new matching system isn’t working.

(edited by MrSilver.5269)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Very classy from NAGA, trolling CD north camp. There’s a lot of difference in being defeated and getting stomped with multiple concussion. You just can’t learn anything after that.

Could you be more specific with the circumstances you are talking about? pm me if you have to, i am just curious because there have been times where i have set up an impromptu fortified defense of the northern camp to just deny it from my enemies.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Could you be more specific with the circumstances you are talking about? pm me if you have to, i am just curious because there have been times where i have set up an impromptu fortified defense of the northern camp to just deny it from my enemies.

Or zombies. Lots of guilds play N Camp zombies as a guild drill.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

MrSilver.5269

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

MrSilver.5269

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8296/4jvt.jpg

Seriously Arenanet… can we get balanced matchups again? This isn’t fun for anyone.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Shazirah.8350

If this was when I think it was, it sounds like you’re mad that we took your north camp. We took it, we were fighting a few CDers in it, one dude turned tail and ran BACK into your spawn. Obvs we were trying to kill him before he did and pursued him, but alas, he won and got through the portal. And then a party of maybe seven of us were hoping some CD would come out to fight us (we keep hearing CD complain about zergs, so we though you’d appreciate a smaller scaled fight) and then left after a matter of maybe 10 minutes when nobody did.

If you want to keep your north camp from being capped, it may be important to defend it. Maybe siege it up a little? But throwing out screenshots which do not tell the whole picture is just a waste of everyone’s time.

(edited by Shazirah.8350)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

Is that a flame ram? I have a feeling NAGA is goofing around lol

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: MeerKat.3792

MeerKat.3792

Not sure how more specific i can be. TC mega zerg just turn everything Blue in CD border by capping that camp and these guys proceeds to build 2 rams and a catapult right at the portal just for the fun of it.

LadyHawke of Meer/ LadyHawke/ Simply RedRaven
Raven’s Wolves of Crystal Desert
~ Fortis Atque Fidelis ~

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Shazirah.8350

MeerKat, we used to do that with other servers (and they did it with us) as a playful gesture. Throwing down and building useless siege, I mean. I’m sorry if it seems otherwise or got out of hand.

From NAGA, no ill will was intended. I’m not going to pretend to speak for everyone in TC but I can speak for us because I was on the map/mumble at the time.

(edited by Shazirah.8350)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

Remind me never to pay you guys a compliment again. You should try taking the encouragement in the spirit in which it was meant instead of transmuting it into something unintended.

It’s not all TC folks, but some people are putting a condescending tone into their posts, whether they know it or not.

After last week with SoR, you know exactly the kind of posts I am talking about.

Oh, the BFF comment was just the kind of things that got kicked around that week. I’m sure there was plenty of forum hate.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

boring match? quaggan tag! everyone gets a quaggan tonic and one transforms into an ember – whoever he catches also turns into an ember eventually until there is one person left standing

it’s a super fun game you guys should try it (and invite me when you do it!)

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

MrSilver.5269

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

MrSilver.5269

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

Hey, you missed four CD camps there! Please hurry up and cap them before I get home from work. I enjoy a challenge.

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

Geez TC you keep coming over and over again and eventually you overrun our only keep! Where were you guys when SoR was here? xD

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

(edited by Aieo.2815)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Typing a message can have one tone in your head while having another tone when read by someone else.

Plan B: No messages. No tone. No head. For anyone!

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8296/4jvt.jpg

Seriously Arenanet… can we get balanced matchups again? This isn’t fun for anyone.

I actually don’t mind. Balance leads to the same kind of gameplay over and over again. We busted our tails the past few weeks. I don’t mind a rolfstomp. We’re gonna learn some D over this matchup. If we’d gone the other way maybe it would’ve been us doing the rolfstomping.

No worries… I had a couple good field fights last night and ran into the TCZOMGZERGBALLZ last night too.

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

i just want to say SoS and CD

welcome to TC while they are winning
They are condensing, even if they don’t mean it

TC, imo, make better losers then winner in terms of forum posts

Heh. I still remember the “CD, you’re going down to T4 for camping the JP” comments and the guild they created for you guys “Good luck in T4 [FA]”

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Geez TC you keep coming over and over again and eventually you overrun our only keep! Where were you guys when SoR was here? xD

Playing with holographic creatures. People from other servers try to minimize it, but PvE events impact our WvW population in a huge way. Always have. We queued three maps on monday night last week. Barely saw a queue for the rest of the week once that event started.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

i just want to say SoS and CD

welcome to TC while they are winning
They are condensing, even if they don’t mean it

TC, imo, make better losers then winner in terms of forum posts

I would argue that the same things are said…and losing servers interpret them as condescending when we’re really changing nothing. It’s not a TC problem. It’s consistently that people like to see as an attitude change due to positioning.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wen Jie.8920

Wen Jie.8920

Let’s be realistic. Everybody on tc claims that winning by this much isn’t fun. but that’s not quite true, is it? tc has more people on this week than in any of the previous two weeks. Even though it may not be fun for the guilds, or the people who care enough to post on the forums, for the rest, for the majority of players, playing is so much more fun and easy when you know you can’t fail.

SoS JQ SoS