6/14 CD / TC / SoS

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: beenjamin.9412

beenjamin.9412

This is the problem with the current matchmaking system. TC has to absolutely stomp CD and SoS or lose ratting increasing the chances of the current match repeating its self. I have been on TC sense day one and know that blowouts and chest thumping that comes with it is no fun. What needs to happen is we chill out (to much anger on forum) for the next couple of weeks and eat some cookies while we wait for this system to be reverted or allow less spread.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: JakobGW.5730

JakobGW.5730

Oh yes definitely, that’s a natural consequence of having more players (of which a large proportion are from PvE).

I’ve noticed that you guys say this a lot: that you have a large amount of PvE’ers. It certainly seems like you’re implying that this is the reason you have bad players. . . .

That’s all and well, but I can tell you that we don’t even consider guesting on TC anymore when we (God forbid!) have to PvE karma train in Orr. We never see anyone there. Hell, just yesterday we tried to guest on TC to run a few quick CoFs and, of course, the dungeon was contested and no one was anywhere on the map to un-contest it.

In my experience, you have no more PvE’ers than any other T4 server and above.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

You’re right. We need more war posters.

Like this one.

... my cookies aren’t inside that thing, right? *hugs knees and rocks self*

You all know we have the same jibba jabba every single week. We’re not taking advantage of the new thing to grrr about, the super effective exciting matchmaking system. Let’s fail flail that to death instead of each other, k?

*holds up a flail* Can someone show a thief how to use this thing?

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

(edited by WyldKat.4712)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Oh yes definitely, that’s a natural consequence of having more players (of which a large proportion are from PvE).

I’ve noticed that you guys say this a lot: that you have a large amount of PvE’ers. It certainly seems like you’re implying that this is the reason you have bad players. . . .

That’s all and well, but I can tell you that we don’t even consider guesting on TC anymore when we (God forbid!) have to PvE karma train in Orr. We never see anyone there. Hell, just yesterday we tried to guest on TC to run a few quick CoFs and, of course, the dungeon was contested and no one was anywhere on the map to un-contest it.

No no, that wasn’t the “excuse” to “have bad players” (honestly there will be bad players no matter where you look, I don’t think there is a need to justify them!). I meant that this week is seeing a large proportion of mainly PvE players that appear in WvW for map completion and such since the match is lopsided. Many of those players will be inexperienced in WvW, such is the case.

Though TC is also the unofficial RP server and the PvE side is indeed massive – we have almost always been the first server to hit full status each cycle and if that translated to WvW attendance we would have been tier 1 for ages!

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

:3

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

The good thing about the new sytem is everyone gets to feel strong and weak depending on the week; but the inconsistency might make WVW non-competitive. It will make our beloved sport, a past time.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

The good thing about the new sytem is everyone gets to feel strong and weak depending on the week; but the inconsistency might make WVW non-competitive. It will make our beloved sport, a past time.

This is pretty much what I’m worried about. ANet didn’t think through the full effects of a system like this…

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Huygens.4075

Huygens.4075

This is pretty much what I’m worried about. ANet didn’t think through the full effects of a system like this…

It’s almost as if the backseat game designers all over the forums are idiots or something!

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

… and then the 20 RE (plus a few map militia) that were stacked, waiting around the corner on the stairs, cut through them like water. In a matter of maybe 20 seconds they’d wiped that entire push.

That’s funny cause all I saw was TC hiding behind their AC range when they pushed out. Go figure.

Did you see our lowbie raid?

They didn’t melt, and attempted to fight. Honestly, I don’t pay attention. Red=Dead. I just want some bags.

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

Pretty sure Anet is being optimistic about higher tiers unstacking their wvw pop to lower tiers to keep the matches competitive. ET and FC definitely needs help.

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Pretty sure Anet is being optimistic about higher tiers unstacking their wvw pop to lower tiers to keep the matches competitive. ET and FC definitely needs help.

Sadly they just won’t get it short of making transfers to T8 servers free.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

LOL.

All winning servers have players who have no skill and are just a horde.

I mean didnt everyone know that already?

Seriously, get over yourselves, nobody is really better or worse than each other and EVERYONE hides behind carts and ballistas (here’s looking at you Sos at umber 3 hours or so ago), it’s THE GAME.

Are your egos so brittle that “losing” actually means something?

What happened to having fun?

Meega Kweesta

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

That’s funny because i spend a lot of time in fireheart rise and orr when i am not in WvW and there are always people there.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Aieo.2815

I’m sorry I didn’t know winning is fun. I personally find fun just by playing the game.

Effing rallybot

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

Hehe, give us the pleasure of believing that we’re actually good at what we do and not just because of numbers.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: PAGamer.4072

PAGamer.4072

I saw a bunny. He was cute and fluffy. Had a little cotton tail. Saw him wiggle his nose, too.

Stopped to scratch his ears.

Was a Bunny. Bunny. Bunny!

A WvW Bunny! And he loves me. <3

Attachments:

Elwyn Eileurer
The Not Amazing Broken Toaster – Tarnished Coast
[Fun] with Naked Mole Rats/No One Really Likes Us [Sad]

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

LOL at TC chest thumping, keep it classy i miss SBI.

Dunno which thread you are reading but there’s AT LEAST as many posts from Sos and CD thumping too.

Pot meet kettle?

This ALWAYS happens when it’s a blowout, coverage and populations are what it is, and when players feel control of a situation is outside their control they get frustrated, often they come onto the forums to vent.

And well you get the thread in the state it is.

I could go back and count the posts from each side which count as chest thumping, but frankly anyone who’s is objective and observant can see ALL sides are equally guilty.

Rose colored lenses and all i guess.

Shrug.

Meega Kweesta

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: PAGamer.4072

PAGamer.4072

Bunny! Bunnies everywhere!

Elwyn Eileurer
The Not Amazing Broken Toaster – Tarnished Coast
[Fun] with Naked Mole Rats/No One Really Likes Us [Sad]

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

I killed all of them. It’s the daily today =(

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

I saw a bunny. He was cute and fluffy. Had a little cotton tail. Saw him wiggle his nose, too.

Stopped to scratch his ears.

Was a Bunny. Bunny. Bunny!

A WvW Bunny! And he loves me. <3

Did you know bunnies count as kills for weaponmaster?

Bunnicide time.

Meega Kweesta

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Aieo.2815

I hope you don’t find bunnies like these!

Effing rallybot

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

I hope you don’t find bunnies like these!

I got pwned by a bunni once.

True story.

T’was a sad day.

Meega Kweesta

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

to many ppl think like this hard match PVE TIME. Should look at it as a challenge and do ur best winning means nothing loosing also means nothing if ur having fun doing ur best

“Having fun doing your best” – Getting steamrolled. Ok great definition.

Honestly I wish CD could vote “No Contest” and get locked out of WvW but gain 5-10% server bonuses. It’d be a better strategy to deny the other servers loot and badge opportunities than anything else we’re doing.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

to many ppl think like this hard match PVE TIME. Should look at it as a challenge and do ur best winning means nothing loosing also means nothing if ur having fun doing ur best

Honestly I wish CD could vote “No Contest” and get locked out of WvW but gain 5-10% server bonuses. It’d be a better strategy to deny the other servers loot and badge opportunities than anything else we’re doing.

The system is dependent on 3 server match ups in order to give some sort of balance to coverage; we can argue effectiveness but it is clear that match ups are dependent on 3 servers being present and that no server should be allowed to vote no contest. All that said, it is discouraging that someone would feel the way you do- this really exemplifies what is wrong with the current match up system.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

So if 51% of a server votes to screw the other 49% of playtime it’s ok?

Meega Kweesta

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

So if 51% of a server votes to screw the other 49% of playtime it’s ok?

They didn’t say that; i think they just blurted our a forming idea nothing too serious.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

CD people relax and chill. The RNG system is fine, even it’s a blowout. In order for us to get better, we need to play the higher ranked opponents. As we say on my hockey team, “You don’t get better by playing scrubs.”

Let’s keep rolling with the punches, it’s not often we have 24/7 resistance to practice and try new ideas.

~Antharasrx
Emergency Rx [SOS]
CD

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Odinzu.9645

Odinzu.9645

So much chest thumping…………….
war stories and excuses. This thread is going to get locked, children.

I’m glad that SoS showed up on their BL in such a force. More groups like that and you’ll attract transfers/coverage. You guys are good, i’ve seen a lot of improvement in your zerging over 3 weeks.
Use your nonqueues to your advantage. Get groups in VOIP and do training sessions, we had to do that for quite some time before we beat Kaineng.
Anyway I hope the chest thumping stops, makes everyone look pretty dumb. lol

Odinzu [EP]
Thug life

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

CD. Man, that was a tough fight at EB. Got to say, as long as we don’t surprise you guys, you really push us to death.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brom Malochson.9306

Brom Malochson.9306

So around 30 minutes ago I faced off in SoSBL Garrison against 5 or so SoS. Hats off to you guys for the fight, I enjoyed it! Glad you were able to muster up enough people to take it back (I was the lone ele pinning you down outside N inner gate)

Brom Malichson | DB Elementalist | Temple Commander | Knights of Ares [ARES]

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mordecai.6318

Mordecai.6318

SoR was the most exciting server I ever played. Although I am a new TC player, I can tell you I learned more fighting them than I have learned my entire WvW experience. I will take losing to them more often if we get fights like we did last week. It helped me step up my play because of the high tempo that SoR plays at. Special thanks to [FEAR], [TSYM], [IRON], and [HELIOZ] for the tough fights!

To show you what I mean you can watch these:

[RE] Rethesis vs Sanctum of Rall

[RE] Rethesis & [CERN] vs Sanctum of Rall

Note: We unfortunately didn’t get all the fights here on the second video from the SoR Guilds vs. TC Guilds matchup on SoS BL. Us on TC lost the first 2, took 1, lost 1 more, then won the next 5.

Nice, The HOST OST. >3< hmmm

OST.The Host – Radioactive – Imagine Dragons

Good job RE and CERN. Two guilds worth emulating.

RE worth emulating? ROLFME

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

SoS has done training for a long time, it’s just hard to get it it to stick without dedicated wvw guilds to reinforce it.

If Servers want to teach us something, show us something new.

None of this look at us sos look at us, we are doing portal bombs, learn from us

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Karmablah.4531

Karmablah.4531

I’m usually in WvW being a try-hard but since this matchup…

PVE->GvG->Lowbie WvW Raid

http://imgur.com/a/Dj4j6

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

SoS has done training for a long time, it’s just hard to get it it to stick without dedicated wvw guilds to reinforce it.

If Servers want to teach us something, show us something new.

None of this look at us sos look at us, we are doing portal bombs, learn from us

Be more specific. I’ve already seen a lot of improvement from SoS overall, but a generic “teach us something” doesn’t really explain what you want.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Judging by the timestamp on this post, you might be around when they’re all sleeping.

I agree on the dungeons though, even when it’s pretty active in general, I almost never find anyone doing this, or they just don’t say it or hang around the entrance like on other servers. Ironically if you count out the living story ones, I’ve found far far fewer people running dungeons on TC than even relatively empty EU servers (at least they were when I was on them). Last time I did fractals, I just solo’d the stupid things, but that was slow and I haven’t gone back. I think I’ve done AC once since moving to TC and… that’s it for the normal ones.

On the other hand, even in the hours I play, I’ve got to arrive early if I want a world event, or I risk being stuck in overflow. Maybe that’s where they all go…

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I don’t think many people run CoF by going to the map and then looking for a team. It is waaaaay faster to just use gw2lfg, form a team, and then the first person that has an uncontested WP starts the dungeon.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zaulhghev.5308

Zaulhghev.5308

TC,
First off, stop the big brother routine. You know, where a 15 yo beats his 10 yo brother at basketball and says things that sound encouraging, but are really just condescending because we are NOT your 10 year old brother.

With that out of the way, I want to say thank you. Thank you for whooping on our PuGs and militia so brutally.

No, I don’t wish ill on them; just the opposite. I want everyone on SoS who does WvW to learn that all beserker gear doesn’t work. Want everyone in heavy armor fully decked out in PVT gear and running with consumables.

I want our newer commanders (even including myself in this one) to get used to communicating with their groups in Team Chat and learning to not fear repair bills.

I want people to download TS3 and actually use it, so that we aren’t typing “War and Peace” every 30 seconds just to take back a supply camp.

Because the last 2 weeks, we had excuses. “FA and TC are larger and BFF’s” or “SoR is just too big.”
With FA hitting hard times, we face the real possibility of taking their place if things get worse over there. That means that we should be facing you every week.

There’s no good reason, even with the overwhelming numbers, we should be down 80k by Monday.
Don’t get me wrong, we can’t beat you and we can’t match your coverage. However there is no reason for us to be losing like we are…other than fatigue and Zhaitaffy (ok, we deserve some slack..this time)

We’ll work on our end and since ANET just thinks we’re perfect for each other, we’ll work on putting on a better match next time (this week’s a wash already, but we’ll see if we can salvage it).

Can I steal the relevant parts of this and replace “SoS” with “CD” and sign my name to it?

(Yeah this is an abnormally long thread for a CD match – and CD is the cause for most of it. Our bad)

I don’t write on the forums at all but this is embarrassing.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

I don’t think many people run CoF by going to the map and then looking for a team. It is waaaaay faster to just use gw2lfg, form a team, and then the first person that has an uncontested WP starts the dungeon.

It’s immersion-breaking to use gw2lfg.com though. I find groups the old fashioned way still.

All is vain.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Huygens.4075

Huygens.4075

It’s immersion-breaking to use gw2lfg.com though. I find groups the old fashioned way still.

I like to RP as a matchmaking algorithm.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

TC,
First off, stop the big brother routine. You know, where a 15 yo beats his 10 yo brother at basketball and says things that sound encouraging, but are really just condescending because we are NOT your 10 year old brother.

With that out of the way, I want to say thank you. Thank you for whooping on our PuGs and militia so brutally.

No, I don’t wish ill on them; just the opposite. I want everyone on SoS who does WvW to learn that all beserker gear doesn’t work. Want everyone in heavy armor fully decked out in PVT gear and running with consumables.

I want our newer commanders (even including myself in this one) to get used to communicating with their groups in Team Chat and learning to not fear repair bills.

I want people to download TS3 and actually use it, so that we aren’t typing “War and Peace” every 30 seconds just to take back a supply camp.

Because the last 2 weeks, we had excuses. “FA and TC are larger and BFF’s” or “SoR is just too big.”
With FA hitting hard times, we face the real possibility of taking their place if things get worse over there. That means that we should be facing you every week.

There’s no good reason, even with the overwhelming numbers, we should be down 80k by Monday.
Don’t get me wrong, we can’t beat you and we can’t match your coverage. However there is no reason for us to be losing like we are…other than fatigue and Zhaitaffy (ok, we deserve some slack..this time)

We’ll work on our end and since ANET just thinks we’re perfect for each other, we’ll work on putting on a better match next time (this week’s a wash already, but we’ll see if we can salvage it).

Can I steal the relevant parts of this and replace “SoS” with “CD” and sign my name to it?

(Yeah this is an abnormally long thread for a CD match – and CD is the cause for most of it. Our bad)

I don’t write on the forums at all but this is embarrassing.

I like this. Can I change SOS with TC too because it partially applies to our militia too.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zaulhghev.5308

Zaulhghev.5308

Screw it I’ll just write one.

@SoS:

Sorry we are not coming out guys to fight guys. We are tired from these past two weeks. We won but we burnt out on it. Wish our reunion wasn’t so terribly timed. Maybe we’ll see you next week.

@CD:

TC is going to win because of coverage yeah. Should they be pounding us this badly no.

Except for rare occasions 40 of us are consistently melting under their organized 20. You know why TC is destroying us when we meet them on the field?

Because they care about what armor and runes they are wearing. We do not. Why is berserker gear in WvW the norm? When did this become a good idea. Especially given how easy it is to pick up a second set now with the WvW exotic armor vendor. Your CoF grinding gear and trait build makes you a free rally.

Because they care about what professions they bring and we do not. We have almost no necromancers and the ones we do have for some reason are running minions. Almost all of our eles are d/d. We have maybe 2 mesmers at any time and they don’t veil nor are they ever asked to. Why are they running moas as their elites? I cant tell you.

(That TC group that destroyed us in TC BL Hills on reset was like 10 guys. We were in the most easily defensible room in the map, they were outside, the Lord was down. We outnumbered them. I am not going to sit here and pretend like they are not built better than we are. We too could do that with 10 guys if we cared to build it.)

Because if you watch the way TC moves on a commander, it is obvious that they are on TS. Outside of organized planned pushes, it is hard to get CD into it. And then the separate guilds don’t want to get in the same channel. Do you know how difficult it is for the commander to write everything out in /t? Especially in the middle of a fight?

Because we’re useless without a commander. People log into a WvW map and if there is no commander, leave without bothering to ask on /m if something is going on.

Because for some reason we don’t include food in our build. I don’t know how many friendlies I see never using it. I go from target to target on an organized TC group and most had some consumable boons.

We make emo decisions. Sat morning you all abandoned EBG to come throw bodies at TC in CD BL bay. SoS took all of our stuff in EBG and TC methodically took all of our holdings in CD BL. Because of the coverage disparity EBG is the only map where we can hold our own. When we took our third of EBG back it was all freakin paper again.

We do not push, we only react and usually poorly. We run. When we run, they destroy us because we’re stringed out. Collect, turn around and fight guys. When we push as a group, we are stronger than when we spread out and let them focus us down.

We are easily broken. Our “big rallied push” to take back our garry on Saturday was not 50 but more like 60 of us. That humiliating wipe cleared us in seconds. Did we re-rally? No. That 20 RE or whatever group hit us like a freight train and destroyed us – get over it. Try again or elsewhere. Everyone fell apart after that.

And to answer the question I keep hearing in /m as to how TC seems to know where we are all the time on our BL, open up your map. Draw a large circle around Citadel. Then mark it with “<—— CD is here.”

It is not like I am giving away big secrets here. I am sure they can tell and that is why they are now throwing uplevels at us. 25 of us just got smashed by a naked roaming party of like 15.

We have server training and nobody shows up. If at this point you do not think we need it then maybe its that ego that is to blame as much as Anet’s screwy system.

We should be losing yeah but not this terribly.

I keep hearing from CDers that we have no interest in getting better. That would have flown before though that attitude lost us a lot of our best but going forward these matchups are going to happen. Unless Anet fixes this, this is what WvW we are going to see. If you want to continue to pretend that WvW is sPvP, you’ll need to transfer down a few notches. Are these mismatches ANet’s fault? Yeah. So get mad at them if you want to.

But we can either adapt, make the best of a bad situation, or we can sit here and pretend we are salvaging our pride by trolling the forums or whatever it is you guys think you are doing. When did we turn into Maguuma? For the small amount of WvWing you are doing you guys certainly are all over this thread.

Anyways I hope our conduct straightens up next time we are up against a real challenge after everyone is all rested up. We worked hard these two past weeks everyone, but we could also work smarter and the way that CD is representing itself on this forum is a joke. I’m definitely not coming back to these forums its painful to see what we’re painting ourselves as. SoS, cheers mates. You guys are putting on a much better show than we are. TC, I know we’re boring you to tears but it is at least a WvW break for you.

(edited by Zaulhghev.5308)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

Lulz to the 60 TC players that chased me down from Umber to Golanta. Congrats on those that tagged me and got the 66 wxp. Sorry to the other 50+ that didnt tag fast enough.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreaven.3172

Kreaven.3172

Lulz to the 60 TC players that chased me down from Umber to Golanta. Congrats on those that tagged me and got the 66 wxp. Sorry to the other 50+ that didnt tag fast enough.

LAWL, Props to you. I was the commander and I was commited to killing you. We were laughing in mumble… but not at you… at ourselves. Was something alone the lines of “Holy hell this guy can run!!” And

And 60??? No sir.. we had 56.. get it right man.

Commander Ravana Mace[CERN] – 80 Ranger
~Tarnished Coast since the beginning

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

snippy snip

Every server has that 1 time where half realize “hey we need to be better organized” and the other half say “screw it”… Best thing to do is start small. You can’t instantly try to get everyone on TS3 or change builds in a week… it takes time.

Story time: When FoE moved to ET from BG we were 20-25 strong, we opened our TS for them to use and started the usual EBG/Home BL spam for people to use. I received legit hate tells from multiple people about how we were “forcing” them to use voice comms and how “high and mighty” we thought we were. Yeah, we had a good group of people join and use it ~20 at max, but compared to how many people saw the message, it was a small amount. Even some of the newer FoE guys came from that server and we are glad to have picked them up. My point is: it is very tough to change a groups mindset over night, give it time.

2nd story: Berserker’s gear.. When we moved to T8, someone told me “you can’t kill me enough as a full glass cannon to make me change”, I took that as a challenge. We were wiping groups of 50-60 with 15-20, every, single night. That is their mindset. I have to do damage to get kills. How do I get the most damage? Berserker’s gear. The more casual players won’t sit down and theory-craft group synergy builds, the run whatever 30/30/x/x/x build they want so they can get kills. 1-2s repair bill is nothing to most players so it doesn’t mean anything to them.

I do wish CD would come out and play. I’ve spent probably 20 hours in WvW this weekend thru today and I’ve seen ~30 CD total. I miss you guys.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

to many ppl quit or pve when things get hard this is wut im trying to say

1 person says this match sucks ima pve
next its 2 then 4 then 5 then 20 ppl sitting out of the match leaving ur server that is already outmanned ina worse position

the nature of fairweather I guess

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreaven.3172

Kreaven.3172

As I cook food, I do have this to say about SoS

Sea of Sorrows… You guys continue to amaze me. You are out numbered but you are in no way beaten. I told everyone on mumble the same thing. No matter how many times we knock you down you come right back. I would be hard pressed to find another server as resilient as yours.

Commander Ravana Mace[CERN] – 80 Ranger
~Tarnished Coast since the beginning

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

INSERT LONG POST HERE

I respect your desire to make a difference in your server.

Honestly, if I were in your shoes, here’s where I’d start: Find about 2-10 people who are of the same mind as you, and start a serious WvW guild. Then talk to some commanders from organized/strong guilds that you’ve seen out there on the field over the past weeks.

Things you want to say/ask of experienced commanders:
1) Teach me macro-management. (This means top-down management of what your troops do at the map-level. When to go where, “when” is “what kind” of thing “smart.” I’ve seen some CDers do this very well this week. QL has been ninjad several times while TC was known to be off somewhere else)
2) Teach me micro-management. (This means learning how to read an enemy zerg and engage in zerg-to-zerg combat. How to control your own troops, etc.)
3) Teach me builds. (There will be a LOT of opinion on here, but you basically just want to come up with some solid BASICS for gear and builds. Getting off in the weeds is undesirable, but having a recommended (or required) choice of gear sets per class is a good thing. Not everyone should have to be identical, but getting people non-glass is a must for a guild.)
4) Theory-craft. Ask a skilled commander/leader how they know when to do what, how they communicate with followers, how do they issue commands, etc etc etc. There’s a lot of VERY basic stuff here that a lot of people just don’t know.

Be serious about it. Only take serious people into the guild (or people wanting to BECOME serious about WvW). Learn to function as a group. Let people know what you expect, but don’t be a jerk. They’re here to succeed and have fun as well. Don’t be afraid to learn, and to admit you “don’t know.” Don’t be afraid to screw up. Don’t be the centerpiece of the guild. Set it up so if you decide to leave, the guild stays together and stays strong under the leadership of other leaders you’ve raised up.

After a couple months you will have a strong guild, full of strong players, and other guilds on the server will want to get on the same page. It really just has to be something you decide to do something about, and then do it. It’s gonna be like a virus, honestly. Once people catch it, more people will catch it. If you can work for a couple weeks and get a core group of 20 reliable players that lay waste to everything in their path, you’re gonna have 60 before you know it.

Just my $0.02. It’s what I’d do. /shrug

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Aieo.2815

We are easily broken. Our “big rallied push” to take back our garry on Saturday was not 50 but more like 60 of us. That humiliating wipe cleared us in seconds. Did we re-rally? No. That 20 RE or whatever group hit us like a freight train and destroyed us – get over it. Try again or elsewhere. Everyone fell apart after that.

I’ll admit the RE pain train gave us trouble at first but it’s nothing we haven’t see before. It’s really similar to the way Agg operates before they transferred out of SoS by letting the militia distract the enemy and stack, boon up, then push out to wipe the unsuspecting enemy.

This encounter with RE is a good thing for us because we hit our peak community ts3 participation.

Effing rallybot

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

Kreaven killing kraven? Just not right.

Seriously though, fun fight with your guys in EB about an hour after that. You guys are more than tanky. I hope you found our little 6 man group more than a challenge.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Harrish.8743

Harrish.8743

Stuff

Great post. Every server struggles with this stuff and it tends to get masked by pop differences. TC spent months getting rolled by BG, KN, SoR, etc., before some of this finally started to sink in.

The biggest difference I see between SoS and CD isn’t population, it’s that SoS spent months in T1. They lost a lot of people, but the ones that stayed know the importance of the things you mentioned. When we fight them on even terms, it’s a coin flip (and that may be generous to TC).

I know the match-up sucks this week for everyone, but thanks to CD and SoS for continuing to come out and fight.

Hellfire Circus [HfC]