6/14 CD / TC / SoS

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

LOL @ TC zerg in EB. You just got owned by a group that two times smaller than you!

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Is it true that CD doesn’t have enough numbers during NA to field a resistance in EBG?

Cuz every night when I get home I find myself spawn camping CD at their keep. It’s getting kind of old lol

All is vain.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

To TC: I wish y’all nothing but the best. I made some really good friends over there but I would ask that y’all maintain the 10 commandments, ok? It made my heart hurt a little to see y’all spawn camp us.

your tears taste amazing.

snip

‘your tears taste amazing’ This is the kind of crap that is unneeded and uncalled for.
That wasn’t a QQ. It was a fact.. TC is a server that I really admire and learned a LOT from. To see them do something that they, themselves, hated? Sucked.

You’re dropping a pretty big blanket over top of all of TC there…

Agreed. What everyone needs to understand is that any server is a bunch of people with different opinions. Does TC look to spawn camp? As a server no, but there are some who do it periodically. Typically these are newer guilds or random pugs.

It’s like when the trolls come on here for any server. Do they speak for their server? No. It’s best to just ignore them.

Personally, I think the fights have been pretty respectful this week. I remember a few days ago when RE and CERN were zerg fighting with SoS in the space between garrison and bay. Both TC and SoS could have been off capping other towers/camps, but were just having fun open field fighting. To me, those types of experiences are what makes the game fun. The scoreboard isn’t that important.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Are you paying attention at all, Venton? I was on TC when SoR spawn camped. Christ, no wonder people are getting aggravated in here. No one is listening to one another. Everyone is too busy being nasty.

Peace out and I’ll see y’all on the battlefields.

I’ve been on TC since the game launched…and I saw no spawn camping by SoR.

If they did spawn camp….who cares? Like…really. Who-Cares?

Who.
Cares?

I’ve said it three times now: Take a different exit from spawn. It’s THAT simple.

Spawn camping is an ugly tactic…but people are just gonna do it. That’s why ANet designed the game to be immune to it. Except…people would rather whine about it on the forums than turn 90 degrees at spawn and go out a different exit.

That is your EB spawn…. it was during the culling era, but trust me, that was a bad bad bad day to be a wvw player on TC…..

Attachments:

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

SoR did, in fact spawn camp TC with balis and arrowcarts. EP must have been on break back in January when it was going on and we drew SoR three weeks running. Why would I make it up?

EP disbanded in early december. EP was reformed with only a handful of original members in march (IIRC).

The former EP members didn’t quit the game (save for a couple), and were still playing the game through january.

That said, I’m not saying you made it up. I’m just saying I didn’t see it or hear about it. I’m also saying that it just doesn’t matter… There are other exits from spawn which are quite a bit safer are much less “direct.”

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Prophaniti.1496

Prophaniti.1496

@ Zaulhghev
You’re the last person that should be talking about a public meltdown after your “message” to the server about how we all suck. I can tell you I don’t need PVT gear as a Mesmer to be effective in the zerg and I’m sure the commanders that I have run with will tell you that. Honestly it’s not hard to just pay attention and not stand in red circles etc. If anything I would say you and the server as a whole can learn from the way [Fear] and [TVKA] run their group, and vice versa we could also learn from the commanders on the server.

@Chris
Last time I checked we are still in the borderlands every night running our group, so if anything you should be happy that not all of CD has “given up”. Also SPVP is fundamentally different from WvW, the dynamics of those matches don’t have the same type of drastic changes as WvW does. We may start a fight against 5 people and after a few seconds they could get reinforcements which will change our use of tactics. In short we enjoy the situational fluidity of the fights in WvW.

@ CD
Play your chosen class how you want, there’s no point in playing if you’re not having fun. If you want to learn about large scale fights run with Necro, his people are smart and willing to teach. If you want to learn more small scale go ahead and pm me in game id be more than willing to answer any questions you may have.

GL & HF

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

To TC: I wish y’all nothing but the best. I made some really good friends over there but I would ask that y’all maintain the 10 commandments, ok? It made my heart hurt a little to see y’all spawn camp us.

your tears taste amazing.

snip

‘your tears taste amazing’ This is the kind of crap that is unneeded and uncalled for.
That wasn’t a QQ. It was a fact.. TC is a server that I really admire and learned a LOT from. To see them do something that they, themselves, hated? Sucked.

You’re dropping a pretty big blanket over top of all of TC there…

Agreed. What everyone needs to understand is that any server is a bunch of people with different opinions. Does TC look to spawn camp? As a server no, but there are some who do it periodically. Typically these are newer guilds or random pugs.

It’s like when the trolls come on here for any server. Do they speak for their server? No. It’s best to just ignore them.

Personally, I think the fights have been pretty respectful this week. I remember a few days ago when RE and CERN were zerg fighting with SoS in the space between garrison and bay. Both TC and SoS could have been off capping other towers/camps, but were just having fun open field fighting. To me, those types of experiences are what makes the game fun. The scoreboard isn’t that important.

Open field fighting has evolved so much for RE with our time aside WM. RE doesnt play WvW for just the PPT anymore, with us its about the open fields battles moreso now. We have certain builds to support our team. Each class has its own role, necro’s, mesmer’s, guardian’s, etc. We do this for the benefit of the group, my SPvP build is completly different form my WvW build, I SPvP for solo skills, and I WvW for my guild.

Because almost everynight when we do WvW or guild events or instances with eachother, and we have kareokee/music going on in the background it feels like family. And a team like that which can be successful in the open field fights with precision movements and drills is the very reason I have been in RE since headstart. Ethersin is a people person, we have WvW procedures but it is a very nice PvX Environment. We dont have cookies but we do have chicks ! lol

Crazy Leg

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Huygens.4075

Huygens.4075

two times smaller than you!

That’s not how math works! >_<

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

Wow that went downhill fast.

Meega Kweesta

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Rewriting history? You yourself said TC was never spawn camped by SOR and i provided a pic…. Im just trying to stop you from spreading misinformation.

This is what I said…AND YOU QUOTED IT:

That said, I’m not saying you made it up. I’m just saying I didn’t see it or hear about it.

I also originally thought he was talking about the last matchup, not the one in January.

(Go back and troll the T1 thread.)

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

Yeah, what Little said. RE is more about open field fights and zerg-busting than PPT, though we have done the whole PPT thing on occasion. I wish ppl could see the sort of fights we have. If you’ve seen any of Stone’s vids, that is how RE rolls.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: sparklevision.8109

sparklevision.8109

In new randomized WvW, SPAWN CAMPS YOU!

Furnished Host | Angels of Eternal Destiny
On hiatus from GW2 since mid-July 2013

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ren.6351

Ren.6351

Hihi.

Anyway good fights with CD and SOS whenever we do manage to run into / find you guys! It was nice seeing you guys (CD) win your last 2 matchups and props to you guys for that! Keep up the good fight guys, whether you are a roamer, a 20 man team or a 40 man zerg!

That aside, Presence [Awe] is looking for any 20v20 GvG’s at OCEANIC/SEA night timezone!! Do mail me or pm me if you are interested!

Blackgate – Guardian – Leaxanna
Leader of Presence [Awe] – Awevival? :D

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: uneditedbrute.8136

uneditedbrute.8136

Best to just ignore Venton and Marrett…

They mean well…
I think…
Most of the time…

Maybe?

wise man

-Marrett-
-=Charr Jesus=-
[ZN] Zero Negative of Blackgate

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Best to just ignore Venton and Marrett…

They mean well…
I think…
Most of the time…

Maybe?

Heh.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

Spawn camping is not ok and not fun for those on the receiving end.

But it’s one thing to have 3 exits camped with excessive siege and another to have a few misfits throw down a ballista and mess around.

On the whole as a server, spawn camping in any form is strongly discouraged in Map/Team, but we cannot CONTROL what anyone does.

There’s a HUGE difference between something that’s stupid and spur of the moment and an organized attempt to grief.

Meega Kweesta

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

But it’s one thing to have 3 exits camped with excessive siege and another to have a few misfits throw down a ballista and mess around.

On the whole as a server, spawn camping in any form is strongly discouraged in Map/Team, but we cannot CONTROL what anyone does.

There’s a HUGE difference between something that’s stupid and spur of the moment and an organized attempt to grief.

I think that TC is making an effort to show Anet how their matchup math is failing in order to ensure that we get fun matchups in the future. I think servers faced with this have been trying to be nice so far. However, I think Anet needs to be shown that matching up T4,T5,and T6 servers with T2 servers is not okay, so I guess that TC has decided to go for the utter destruction of CD and SoS to the point of spawn camping in order make sure Anet gets the message.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

I think that TC is making an effort to show Anet how their matchup math is failing in order to ensure that we get fun matchups in the future. I think servers faced with this have been trying to be nice so far. However, I think Anet needs to be shown that matching up T4,T5,and T6 servers with T2 servers is not okay, so I guess that TC has decided to go for the utter destruction of CD and SoS to the point of spawn camping in order make sure Anet gets the message.

There’s nothing organized at all going on on this front. I can guarantee you that. If people are actively spawn camping, it’s definitely not a “server sanctioned” event.

TC are also not trying to “manipulate” the system. There are just a TON of people who came out this week to get their world completion, and are flooding WvW. It’s kinda a domino effect, I think… There’ve been a lot of self-formed zergs, usually commanderless, who are just taking requests on what to take for people who need POIs and Vistas.

The dominant theme in TC from the regulars is just that we want a properly balanced matchup system back. This current setup isn’t fair to anyone, and morale has been dropping steadily since it started 3 weeks ago.

:-(

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

I think Anet needs to be shown that matching up T4,T5,and T6 servers with T2 servers is not okay, so I guess that TC has decided to go for the utter destruction of CD and SoS to the point of spawn camping in order make sure Anet gets the message.

That implies some kind of deliberate, coordinated action on TC’s part which frankly isn’t there at all.

What we are seeing is just the usual combination of casuals, fairweathers, and addicts bored out of their minds and rushing to flip anything that is a different color.

I do hope ANet gets the message though because it is an even worse situation than a deliberate effort on TC’s part – because most of TC’s “regulars” aren’t playing at all.

NAGA|TC

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

Hihi.

Anyway good fights with CD and SOS whenever we do manage to run into / find you guys! It was nice seeing you guys (CD) win your last 2 matchups and props to you guys for that! Keep up the good fight guys, whether you are a roamer, a 20 man team or a 40 man zerg!

That aside, Presence [Awe] is looking for any 20v20 GvG’s at OCEANIC/SEA night timezone!! Do mail me or pm me if you are interested!

Lol Lex. How many 20 man guilds do you think run around CD at that time after yall left? Just go ahead and call out KOME for a gvg. You know there is nobody else.

Also, id have to agree that Zang was the one having a meltdown here. Jakob is saying play how you want. Zang is just crying cause we are loosing. Luckily CD is a mostly mature server than can deal with defeat.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

I do hope ANet gets the message though because it is an even worse situation than a deliberate effort on TC’s part – because most of TC’s “regulars” aren’t playing at all.

Typically when I have a no-commitments “free night” I dedicate it to WvW.

Last night was the first time in months I spent a “free night” watching TV instead of playing WvW because this matchup/matchup-system are just so horrifically screwed up. :-/ I definitely hope ANet are paying attention.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shazirah.8350

Shazirah.8350

Hehehe, some someone said “less berserker gear” and someone else heard “PVT gear.” Weird. And “how to zerg better” got twisted into “you must never roam.” Another odd twist.

All the straw man arguments everywhere! Basic reading comprehension fail! Fallacious chest-thumping!

Welcome to the Internet!

When did this become the rip on CD thread?

I think it’s more of a “CD ripping itself and everyone else” thread. More to the point, it’s just one or two CD guys picking fights. Just ignore it.

In re this, I’m sure CD has a forum, trainings, and server meeting they can bring this stuff up and talk to each other constructively about it, yeah? I’m sure bringing up this stuff there may save it from the trolling, knee-jerk shooting down, and any defensive responses derived from offense to folks’ server pride honor thingys. At the very least it won’t get any consideration here, I don’t think.

They had some pretty close, hardworked for wins these two weeks prior. That’s nothing to sneeze at. I’m sure the rest of us can let them work out their internal concerns on their own – it’s really not any of our places to step in for them. Even if it comes from the best of intentions. Everyone else, relax.

(Maestro at) Not Another Gaming Acronym [NAGA]:
Resident Keg Brawl Premier League Champions
… with some WvW breaks here and there.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

Can we all please bring down the aggression a bit? CD and SoS [Cult] has enjoyed the fights you guys have brought. The way these matches have become it is very hard to even want to go into WvW when there is a larger force, yet there are many on both your servers that are bringing the fight everyday. A special shot out to SoS that had their natural tower on CDBL last night (I think it was mostly FoE) we knocked the wall down a few times but you guys had that thing locked up!

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

It’s like when my parents used to scream at each other, but still ending with "sweetheart" and "dear". Okay, more like "SWEEEETHEART" and "DEEEAR"!

Think of the kittens.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

To Tarnished Coast:

If there is anyone who needs to “learn” from this match, it’s your small man groups. This is where we shine. We enjoy the 3 – 10 man fights, something you are not used to with your zergs. We actually use the target system – you know, hitting the TAB button or left clicking a name. Since you’ve forgotten, this allows you to actually use an ability against a single person. You also have to time your dodges, use your stun breakers effectively, and watch your opponent to gauge his/her cool downs so you know when to capably use your abilities.

Also there is a major problem when one of our berserker warriors eats an entire 100 blades from a TC player and it only takes 1/5 of our warrior’s total health. That tells us that your players are so used to running pvt gear that they don’t even know how to properly fight in smaller skirmishes. They are so used to the zerg meta that they are clueless to anything else.

If you need more advice, all you have to do is ask. I’m sure we can help you “learn” from this engagement, just as you’ve graciously offered your advice.

At the risk of sounding reasonable, I think that’s fair. The gear that I would use in a small man havoc squad is entirely different than the gear I would use when running in a zergball. Heck the weapons and traits I’d use would be different also.

If you encountered a havoc squad in PVT gear your comments are well founded. However, you may also have jumped on a group of people running back to the zerg, who didn’t re-equip for the journey.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

To Tarnished Coast:

If there is anyone who needs to “learn” from this match, it’s your small man groups. This is where we shine. We enjoy the 3 – 10 man fights, something you are not used to with your zergs. We actually use the target system – you know, hitting the TAB button or left clicking a name. Since you’ve forgotten, this allows you to actually use an ability against a single person. You also have to time your dodges, use your stun breakers effectively, and watch your opponent to gauge his/her cool downs so you know when to capably use your abilities.

Also there is a major problem when one of our berserker warriors eats an entire 100 blades from a TC player and it only takes 1/5 of our warrior’s total health. That tells us that your players are so used to running pvt gear that they don’t even know how to properly fight in smaller skirmishes. They are so used to the zerg meta that they are clueless to anything else.

If you need more advice, all you have to do is ask. I’m sure we can help you “learn” from this engagement, just as you’ve graciously offered your advice.

At the risk of sounding reasonable, I think that’s fair. The gear that I would use in a small man havoc squad is entirely different than the gear I would use when running in a zergball. Heck the weapons and traits I’d use would be different also.

If you encountered a havoc squad in PVT gear your comments are well founded. However, you may also have jumped on a group of people running back to the zerg, who didn’t re-equip for the journey.

Yeah, typically I use neither the same gear nor characters nor classes for small group vs zerging. Occasionally I’ll bring my tank guardian with a small group for support, but usually I have a D/D ele or a Ranger geared and built completely differently.

I can’t say this as a blanket statement, but I wouldn’t think warriors are particularly well suited for small groups/havok anyway. I’m sure there are those who disagree with that though.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I sometimes wonder if this is what happens when a bad mathematical experiment meets a bad psychological test.

I will say there is one thing of value in all this. Each server is learning what it’s made of, and knows who will be there when rockbottom hits.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shazirah.8350

Shazirah.8350

I sometimes wonder if this is what happens when a bad mathematical experiment meets a bad psychological test.

I will say there is one thing of value in all this. Each server is learning what it’s made of, and knows who will be there when rockbottom hits.

Er, except for TC. I’m busy playing Dishonored. I think I’ll go back to Civ 5 once I’m done with this though. Hmm. Maybe I’ll read…. a book.

(Maestro at) Not Another Gaming Acronym [NAGA]:
Resident Keg Brawl Premier League Champions
… with some WvW breaks here and there.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Er, except for TC. I’m busy playing Dishonored. I think I’ll go back to Civ 5 once I’m done with this though. Hmm. Maybe I’ll read…. a book.

I’ve been considering playing skyrim again… I still haven’t played Uncharted 3 either.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Can we all please bring down the aggression a bit? CD and SoS [Cult] has enjoyed the fights you guys have brought. The way these matches have become it is very hard to even want to go into WvW when there is a larger force, yet there are many on both your servers that are bringing the fight everyday. A special shot out to SoS that had their natural tower on CDBL last night (I think it was mostly FoE) we knocked the wall down a few times but you guys had that thing locked up!

Na that wasn’t us, or at least while I was there (had to watch the Spurs blow a 10 point lead and cry myself to sleep). We were there but mostly just screwing around with TC players. Do some of you really need to set up an sup arrow cart when you outnumber us by double all while being guarded by a T3 hills? Just takes the fun out of it.

I wish TC would open field fight a lot more, I feel almost forced to try and pull y’all out of the towers/keep but it never happens. There are some very good players on TC and it sucks that 90% run into a tower when they see people. We’ve run into some very good groups but most of our encounters are just suicides into a group to see how many people we can kill before the other 20 group up to wipe 5 guys or pick off stragglers running back to whatever fight is happening.

idk sitting on an arrow cart trying to kill 3 people isn’t my definition of fun, come out and play sometime, its just a death and 2s

edit: I even recalled last night I said to my guys “lets go to CDBL and fight whatever TC is there”.. that’s this match-up to the ‘T’… 2 more days then a new match-up

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

(edited by Feed Me Change.6528)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

Matchups like this one tend to bring out the worse in TC, we get lazy, and the misfits come out to pull some unsavory crap.

I’m sure there will be more than a little schadenfreude when TC gets ROFLSTOMPED by 2 T1s next week, if the typical patterns hold true to form.

Meega Kweesta

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ikarushka.9564

Ikarushka.9564

Realistically speaking, with the numbers as skewed as they are, the biggest thing “not giving up” will achieve is entertain the winning side. This way the winning side can get a bit of fights and don’t feel incredibly bored. What is amusing is all the posts in this thread that really say “please come play with us; this is boring” but read “yah, we are better than you. Maybe you should learn a thing or two from us, cause this one time we were losing and we totally held on till the very end”. Good read though, would check again

Cheekadee. Asuran engineer

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I appreciate that you read his post, but did you read mine? My simple point, which has also been reiterated by a few posts from my server mates, was plain: don’t tell other people how to play the game. If someone asks for your advice, then give it. But coming to the forums and typing some blanket novel to others on how to “lose better” by telling them how to spec, which character to play, which abilities to use, etc. does a lot more harm than any good, as demonstrated by the posts that followed that guy’s.

Yes, I’m just in the habit of truncating quotes because I keep hitting the character limit.

I really don’t see why people posting advice – requested or not – is actually deserving of any of the hostility it seems to get in WvW threads. Yes a lot of people seem to disagree that any changes should occur, and even if they did they’d probably argue over the details, but nobody actually has to do it. We know that, the people posting their opinions in the first place know that, and we know that they know that – so why take it as though it was intended to be some kind of order?

Were I to link a build in some discussion or another and someone says ‘change blah blah blah it’s a useless trait’ imagine how weird I’d look if I took it as some kind of overreaching attempt to control me and told them they shouldn’t be posting their opinions in an open discussion unless someone asks them to. Actually that’s not quite right, in this case it’s more like they just posted ‘blah blah blah builds are bad because x’ not in response to me at all, and then I interpreted it as an attempt to order me around. In a situation where they don’t hold any sway over me at all and there’s no expectation that they would, that’s just a really bizarre and illogical reaction.

For some reason in WvW in particular though, it seems like any random thing said is going to be interpreted in the worst possible way. Someone on a winning server says ‘yeah this is pretty unfair on you guys, we should take it easy for a while’ and all the cries of how unfair it is will suddenly turn into ‘you have no respect for us!’. The last one especially was overflowing with that. Posting in WvW threads is a bit like playing Global Thermonuclear War it would seem…

To Tarnished Coast:

If there is anyone who needs to “learn” from this match, it’s your small man groups.

That’s probably a bit over-generous. Lately it seems like our population (when I play at least, which is typically when the server is sleeping) has increased massively… and turned into a writhing chaotic mess. I got the distinct impression we far outnumbered everyone tonight, even though I’m often outnumbered by SoS due to coverage differences, yet for all that we were being terribly ineffective a lot of the time. I have a feeling what SoS have showed up in that time must be accumulating a lot of miscellanea in their inventories.

Sounds like someone was slapping people with his mobility-paddle.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I’m sure there will be more than a little schadenfreude when TC gets ROFLSTOMPED by 2 T1s next week, if the typical patterns hold true to form.

I kind of masochistically want that to happen just to remind us not to fall to pieces all over the place. If all else goes to futility, I guess I can still stand in the edge of the ‘determined’ area and see which ones forget to check my buffs.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

I’m pretty sure it was a [TC] commander and ET militia that took the tower. [FoE] was mostly fighting at the bridge and the camp. I really, really wanted more TC to overextend. Maybe next time I’ll bring my uplevel. Everytime I’m on her, I get “loved” halfway across the map.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

(edited by Avatar of Belle.9623)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vashti.8179

Vashti.8179

This sounds…dirty.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

This sounds…dirty.

Omai.

Attachments:

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Huygens.4075

Huygens.4075

Doin’ well so far this week.

Attachments:

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grieve.1432

Grieve.1432

All this talk of spawn camping reminds me of my days way back on NSP when got match ups where because of how dead the match up was I snuck past the Legendary defenders on a BL spawn and built a cata to kill the other teams NPCs man was that fun. The enemy players that eventual showed up didn’t know whether to just laugh or kill me. Oh, good times.

Anyways, when and where is Dolyak Parade going to take place? I promise I won’t crash the party.

Oh, and unless the Dolyak Parade conflicts there will be a planned fight night Thursday night at 6pm Server Time. The map is tbd.

South of Heaven [SoH] – Crystal Desert
Grieve Logdan (Human War) | Rifte Torin (Charr Thief)
Feylicia Logdan (Human Mes) | Elias Foralli (Asura Guard)

(edited by Grieve.1432)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

kRAVen.4195

I sometimes wonder if this is what happens when a bad mathematical experiment meets a bad psychological test..

Ha, we finally agree.

However, this is no way rock bottom for CD (vs Kain after losing guilds and getting back to t3 imho). Despite some peoples unwarranted expectations I think we will finish about 100k points behind SoS which is exactly what we did for two months. Yes CD’s attendance is down this week but ghose of us out there are doing the best we can.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Venton, scroll up. It was openly admitted that TC was spawn camping because they were bored last night.

The three other exits argument is not valid. Why? Because TC got equally frustrated when SoR spawncamped. I was there.

This saddens me. I don’t know whats going on in WvW, as I’ve taken this week off, but if that’s true, shame on those people. Spawn camping is lame. When it happened to us, we hated it. I don’t see how anyone on TC, unless they’re new transfers or bads, would condone that kind of behavior even if they are that bored. :/

Truly sad.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Venton, scroll up. It was openly admitted that TC was spawn camping because they were bored last night.

The three other exits argument is not valid. Why? Because TC got equally frustrated when SoR spawncamped. I was there.

This saddens me. I don’t know whats going on in WvW, as I’ve taken this week off, but if that’s true, shame on those people. Spawn camping is lame. When it happened to us, we hated it. I don’t see how anyone on TC, unless they’re new transfers or bads, would condone that kind of behavior even if they are that bored. :/

Truly sad.

Well, it’s not deliberate it’s just that we push them all the way back to the spawn. We move back a bit and then push again etc etc. There is nothing we can do if they don’t want to push.

All is vain.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Truly sad.

Well, it’s not deliberate it’s just that we push them all the way back to the spawn. We move back a bit and then push again etc etc. There is nothing we can do if they don’t want to push.

Doesn’t make it right though. If spawn camping indeed happened in the sense that we hung out at their spawn and built siege/camped the gate, then that’s just bad form. I hope we get SoR or BG this friday, so those people can get their faces steamrolled and see how it feels. It appears that in order to understand why it’s bad, you need to be on the other end of it; you need to feel that level of frustration. Tough love TC.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Toxic.4320

Toxic.4320

Ha, we finally agree.

However, this is no way rock bottom for CD (vs Kain after losing guilds and getting back to t3 imho). Despite some peoples unwarranted expectations I think we will finish about 100k points behind SoS which is exactly what we did for two months. Yes CD’s attendance is down this week but ghose of us out there are doing the best we can.

+1. I’ll be back in once I get done making like an adult

@ Venton. I’m a she

Ethos Mores [KWBH] Commander, Ranger
Nontoxicwench [KWBH] Guardian
Gefarhlich Madchen [KWBH] Mesmer

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: JakobGW.5730

JakobGW.5730

I appreciate that you read his post, but did you read mine? My simple point, which has also been reiterated by a few posts from my server mates, was plain: don’t tell other people how to play the game. If someone asks for your advice, then give it. But coming to the forums and typing some blanket novel to others on how to “lose better” by telling them how to spec, which character to play, which abilities to use, etc. does a lot more harm than any good, as demonstrated by the posts that followed that guy’s.

Yes, I’m just in the habit of truncating quotes because I keep hitting the character limit.

I really don’t see why people posting advice – requested or not – is actually deserving of any of the hostility it seems to get in WvW threads.

Were I to link a build in some discussion or another and someone says ‘change blah blah blah it’s a useless trait’ imagine how weird I’d look if I took it as some kind of overreaching attempt to control me and told them they shouldn’t be posting their opinions in an open discussion unless someone asks them to. Actually that’s not quite right, in this case it’s more like they just posted ‘blah blah blah builds are bad because x’ not in response to me at all, and then I interpreted it as an attempt to order me around. In a situation where they don’t hold any sway over me at all and there’s no expectation that they would, that’s just a really bizarre and illogical reaction.

This is my last post regarding this guy’s “advice.” I’ve made my points and you can either agree or disagree.

There is a difference between giving advice and giving advice saturated with hyperbolizing and ridicule. This guy even begins his tone with

Screw it I’ll just write one.

He then follows that up with a friendly:

Except for rare occasions 40 of us are consistently melting under their organized 20.

which has been rejected by his own server mates as being false.

Then, after that “friendly” beginning, this guy goes on to state that we, as a server mind you, need to have certain classes, builds, gear and utilities as if we’re tier 2. If you read my response post, you’ll note that my very first reply is that we’re not tier 2.

He then follows all that nice, friendly advice with

I have to say that hearing the self-righteous posts from a few commanders who barely command and who abandoned us for months only to scream righteous indignation when they found out people left makes me chuckle.

I also wanted to let the other servers know that we’re not all delusional children.

after calling our server

embarrassing.

Now, that’s not advice. My simple opinion that folks should not tell others how to play the game was tame compared to this guy’s posts. Additionally, I do find it quite interesting that up until the time of this post, only one other CD’r has supported this guy and all he/she did was re-quote him. There are much better ways of being helpful than telling your allies how bad they’re playing, ridiculing them, all while offering so-called “advice” as to how they should play the game.

In my opinion my response to this foolish travel was neither bizarre nor illogical.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Ha, we finally agree.

@ Venton. I’m a she

Impossible. Girls don’t play computer games!

/run

(My wife totally plays GW2)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

I don’t get why this thread is such a mess.

There’s a lot of hubbub for no reason and incorrect statements (JakobGW’s assumptions about a whole server based on one or two events, I could say the same about CD’s small man groups, I joined 2 Pugs 2 days back and the 3 of us camped your citadel waypoint with 8-9 CDers too afraid to come out and face us. That should of been a wipe for us lol. These events happen and you shouldnt make assumptions on every small man group, our guild roaming group is yet to be wiped by anything other than a CD zerg of 40 once, and we were laughing during all of it due to us not taking it seriously, having not run into your havoc group its very likely your boys could live up to their name, the problem is, this doesn’t mean all of CD can, and vice versa for TC)

@everyone else
You guys are comparing two different servers. As can be gathered even from just the posts of a lot of CD in this thread, they do not care about WvW, or winning it, they only care for the experience.

This is different to TC. TC is a very driven server, this doesn’t mean we are all super disciplined on military like over a game, it means a lot of us want to win and excel in WvW. This is why you have volunteers (never forced) sentrying, volunteers learning on training days, volunteers helping in any way possible in WvW, because TC has a very strong community backbone. A lot of people will do what they can to advance the server in the upward direction in any setting. A lot of our guilds intermingle, and are very close.

CD doesn’t want that, they dont have the drive, which is why they are in this spot in WvW rankings. I don’t see why this is so hard to gather? A server wanting to win, will beat a server who doesn’t care.

That being said, a lot of TC isn’t enjoying this matchup either. Regular goers of WvW I have seen firsthand are taking a lot of breaks or have just all but stopped going to WvW due to it not being fun, TCers often revel in the challenge, which is why they are so resilient even in loss against servers like SoR. The old tier 2 was an amazing place for us with even match-ups in where every victory was a fight to the teeth, this just isn’t fun for anyone. There’s nothing I hate more than going into a map with my small man guild groups or myself roaming and finding no enemies, just none. It took me 50 mins to run across one last time, and that was near their spawn, I’m sick of this new system >:(

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: JakobGW.5730

JakobGW.5730

Mine too, and she’s really hot. Double win for me!

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Toxic.4320

Toxic.4320

Ha, we finally agree.

@ Venton. I’m a she

Impossible. Girls don’t play computer games!

/run

Best keep running, Mister! Btw.. you always had my respect when you commanded. I only left TC almost three weeks ago.

Is it true that CD doesn’t have enough numbers during NA to field a resistance in EBG?

Cuz every night when I get home I find myself spawn camping CD at their keep. It’s getting kind of old lol

Which is it? you come and spawn camp CD at their keep or you do it on accident like you said here:

“Well, it’s not deliberate it’s just that we push them all the way back to the spawn. We move back a bit and then push again etc etc. There is nothing we can do if they don’t want to push.”

Ethos Mores [KWBH] Commander, Ranger
Nontoxicwench [KWBH] Guardian
Gefarhlich Madchen [KWBH] Mesmer

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

kRAVen.4195

@everyone else
You guys are comparing two different servers. As can be gathered even from just the posts of a lot of CD in this thread, they do not care about WvW, or winning it, they only care for the experience.

CD doesn’t want that, they dont have the drive, which is why they are in this spot in WvW rankings. I don’t see why this is so hard to gather? A server wanting to win, will beat a server who doesn’t care.

This is the problem with this thread. Somebody not on a server talking about another servers psyche like he knows. This is a pure numbers issue. Not a play style nor a psyche. Besides seemingly never being in a fair numbered fight and your forum zerging we are enjoying the matchup and performing close to our rating. You are admittingly not enjoying the matchup. Who has the problem?

(edited by kRAVen.4195)