6/21 TC/FA/KN

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

We (shockingly) have friendly connections to people on both TC and Kaineng.

I remember a [DERP] of Maguuma having an account on CD while the two servers were fighting each other. He, [DERP], went into WvWvW as a CD player with the [DERP] tag. He was green to CD’ers and his guild mates were Maguuma red. He created all sort of confusion, panic, and drama during the weeks’ WvWvW fighting.

wut?

Oh and btw, Im an ex-Darkhaven too. Most people left that server BECAUSE of RE. I was one of them. Ethersin would troll our vent and even crashed it a few times when I was in a guild called [HVN] there.

Huh, the more you know…were you the only one who left HVN to start RET?

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Estus.1726

Estus.1726

Seems like a few folks need to take a break from Forum Wars and refresh themselves with the rules.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/rules

Opening up old wounds here is probably not a good idea. Peace everyone!

[RE] Isendale – Tarnished Coast
“Did you see that? Tell me you saw that!”

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Renxian.6982

Renxian.6982

TCBL – Gods Zerg. Fun fights, hope to see you guys again soon

Those fights were tons of fun. You caught us napping once, and we took a beating for sure. You guys had SO MANY PEOPLE, Watching you guys crash into us was like trying to stop a tsunami with an umbrella.

KN im on TC and so far you have met us in the field and fought with us. You don’t have 5000000 AC’s defending a tower like FA. You guys have been the best fights this whole week. I look Forward to fighting yall. Points don’t REALLY matter anymore. Its mostly about having FUN!!! If you can have fun your good!

I find this statement to be painfully ironic coming from someone on TC. I’m sure you guys needed those superior arrow carts you were building in the open field and all over every tower and keep to defend against a force 1/3 the size of your zerg. Unlike other servers I will not call out, FA rarely flash builds siege in open field fights. In fact the only time I have ever seen FA build siege in zerg vs zerg fights was last night when we were trying to push your stupidly massive zerg off our spawn with a fraction of the people you were fielding.

I don’t care how you choose to play, but throwing stones from your glass house shows a hilarious lack of class.

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: ninjambo.3784

ninjambo.3784

Oh and btw, Im an ex-Darkhaven too. Most people left that server BECAUSE of RE. I was one of them. Ethersin would troll our vent and even crashed it a few times when I was in a guild called [HVN] there.

[/quote]Huh, the more you know…were you the only one who left HVN to start RET?[/quote]

No I left by myself and came to FA to start [RET] and then about a month later I found out an officer of HVN (Atriplex) was in my guild on a new character :0 And theres another ex HVN in RET as well but it was just by chance

Stawker / Lord Stawk
Founder and former Guild Leader of [RET] Reticle
Current Guild Leader of [BLNT] Better Luck Next Time

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

TCBL – Gods Zerg. Fun fights, hope to see you guys again soon

Those fights were tons of fun. You caught us napping once, and we took a beating for sure. You guys had SO MANY PEOPLE, Watching you guys crash into us was like trying to stop a tsunami with an umbrella.

KN im on TC and so far you have met us in the field and fought with us. You don’t have 5000000 AC’s defending a tower like FA. You guys have been the best fights this whole week. I look Forward to fighting yall. Points don’t REALLY matter anymore. Its mostly about having FUN!!! If you can have fun your good!

I find this statement to be painfully ironic coming from someone on TC. I’m sure you guys needed those superior arrow carts you were building in the open field and all over every tower and keep to defend against a force 1/3 the size of your zerg. Unlike other servers I will not call out, FA rarely flash builds siege in open field fights. In fact the only time I have ever seen FA build siege in zerg vs zerg fights was last night when we were trying to push your stupidly massive zerg off our spawn with a fraction of the people you were fielding.

I don’t care how you choose to play, but throwing stones from your glass house shows a hilarious lack of class.

EP was running an untagged guild-only zerg for those fights with you guys. I think our numbers were at like 30-35 at the time, which is probably the most we’ve fielded simultaneously as a guild-only-group so far. We’re kinda going though a honing stage right now, and growing a core composition instead of raw numbers.

As far as open field ACs go…I bloody hate them. Our guild as a whole doesn’t really count a “win” as a “win” if there are ACs on the field. Sucks that some people are still trying this tactic, but hopefully they quit. Those things have no place in the open field. :-/ If you see EP building ACs in the field, you can feel free to call us on it (provided they’re not in response to other ACs built by opponents). xD

As far as defending a structure goes: All bets are off. Build as many ACs are you can manage.

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dontcare Aboutnames.9284

Dontcare Aboutnames.9284

Can an FA EB commander message me pls

Shhhhh
No Tears
Just Dreams

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Can an FA EB commander message me pls

Macc, if you have an impromptu GvG fight without me, I’m going to slap you when I get on tonight. Just sayin!! :p

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silke.1695

Silke.1695

Macc, if you have an impromptu GvG fight without me, I’m going to slap you when I get on tonight. Just sayin!! :p

Here ya go Hickeroar.

Attachments:

Toasted Coaster

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Renxian.6982

Renxian.6982

EP was running an untagged guild-only zerg for those fights with you guys. I think our numbers were at like 30-35 at the time, which is probably the most we’ve fielded simultaneously as a guild-only-group so far. We’re kinda going though a honing stage right now, and growing a core composition instead of raw numbers.

As far as open field ACs go…I bloody hate them. Our guild as a whole doesn’t really count a “win” as a “win” if there are ACs on the field. Sucks that some people are still trying this tactic, but hopefully they quit. Those things have no place in the open field. :-/ If you see EP building ACs in the field, you can feel free to call us on it (provided they’re not in response to other ACs built by opponents). xD

As far as defending a structure goes: All bets are off. Build as many ACs are you can manage.[/quote]

Wasn’t directed at EP specifically, You guys were fun to fight. It was you guys we were battling in TCBL if I remember correctly. I know there was a lot of militia running with the guild group we ran into a lot, I dunno if that was by design or just because we were trying to ninja bay and hills and got spotted, but either way it made for some epic fights, albeit against some long odds. I don’t really mind getting beat, and had a blast on EB later battling the TC hordes at the gate of our spawn (and later spearheading the assault to take our keep back by getting into inner and guiding in the treb shots…and smacking some acs) on both my newbie ranger and my thief.

The only thing that got to me all night was when the tc zerg outside our spawn was flash building sup acs earlier in the day. I don’t think EP was even on in force at that time.

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Wasn’t directed at EP specifically, You guys were fun to fight. It was you guys we were battling in TCBL if I remember correctly. I know there was a lot of militia running with the guild group we ran into a lot, I dunno if that was by design or just because we were trying to ninja bay and hills and got spotted, but either way it made for some epic fights, albeit against some long odds. I don’t really mind getting beat, and had a blast on EB later battling the TC hordes at the gate of our spawn (and later spearheading the assault to take our keep back by getting into inner and guiding in the treb shots…and smacking some acs) on both my newbie ranger and my thief.

The only thing that got to me all night was when the tc zerg outside our spawn was flash building sup acs earlier in the day. I don’t think EP was even on in force at that time.

Ah, we may have been tagged up for that part, then, if there were militia or other guilds with us. I don’t recall.

As far as “siege” spawn camping goes….unless it’s troll rams, that’s just dirty tactics, imho.

I feel like if you can’t beat someone without siege in the open field….then you can’t beat them in the open field. At that point you should try some other, more creative tactics such as avoidance, diversion, deception, etc. I think it’s obvious ANet doesn’t feel the same way, but I guess to me it’s a matter of honor or something.

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Berkut.2837

Berkut.2837

Here ya go Hickeroar.

Such an unethical and inhuman method of handling and utilising a trout, your animal care committee would be ashamed,. (Country specific joke :P)

Auri Nimayil: Lvl 80 Thief (Kaineng)

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Here ya go Hickeroar.

Such an unethical and inhuman method of handling and utilising a trout, your animal care committee would be ashamed,. (Country specific joke :P)

Countless yaks murdered inhumanely every day, and you’re worried about a trout? Besides, I plan on slapping people with that trout. I need it. It’s worth it!

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Berkut.2837

Nobody said that Dolyaks are an animal that is currently covered by the ACC, trouts most certainly are though, You could always use a grocery store bought trout….:P

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

I’m getting an uptick of hate messages from FA in /p.

Keep it coming, I love the laughs.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Silke.1695

Auri… you know me better than that. After said slapping occurs, I will happily eviscerate and plank that trout. Stuff it with some wild applemint and white pepper.
Then smoke it slowly, over some applewood for about 25 min. Sprinkle with a bit of that Fluer de Sel you are fond of. ;p. Mmmmm, trouuutt! I’m hungry now. -.- Thanks
Care to bring a Pino Gris? (Niagara of course)

Toasted Coaster

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Silke.1695

Do you need a re-supply of grumblecakes to send to your admirers Cryptic?
“Say it with cookies, fresh from the Tarnished Coast Ovens, with Luffs!”

Attachments:

Toasted Coaster

(edited by Silke.1695)

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

This sounds like a much better solution….

Keep a supply of cookies and just mail one to trolls when they party add you. :P

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Auri… you know me better than that. After said slapping occurs, I will happily eviscerate and plank that trout. Stuff it with some wild applemint and white pepper.
Then smoke it slowly, over some applewood for about 25 min. Sprinkle with a bit of that Fluer de Sel you are fond of. ;p. Mmmmm, trouuutt! I’m hungry now. -.- Thanks

How about we just forget the trout, and you give me the plank? I’ll just slap Macc with the plank and give it back to you. Much more effective.

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

This sounds like a much better solution….

Keep a supply of cookies and just mail one to trolls when they party add you. :P

But I want to keep all the cookies to myself! I’ll let them have the yak poo poo platter.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Schadenfreude much?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Berkut.2837

You could at least euthanise it before slapping Hickeroar with it. That way it doesn’t experience unnecessary pain and discomfort before death.

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

That’s the thing. TC isn’t a bandwagon Server, it’s been slowly rising but in a stable fashion. A lot of guilds transfer in, not a lot transfer out, it is one of the best communities out there hands down.

TC smacked DB. For that, they get a hug from fuzzy

Here we thought you let that go. Christ

Stop stalking me. Christ

You started stalking me 1st <3

Now, now… admit that you were both stalking TC and then we can move on

Just a friend hiding in a tree, nothing more

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

You could at least euthanise it before slapping Hickeroar with it. That way it doesn’t experience unnecessary pain and discomfort before death.

No, Macc is the one getting slapped here, not me.

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Silke.1695

Here Auri, problem solved. I’ve gotten Hickeroar a plushie trout for repeated slappability. (new word yay!)
So you and I can keep the real trout for yummy dinner goodness. As for euthanizing.. when was the last time you saw me without several sharp shiny daggers? For purely humanitarian usage of course.

edited to say: Pshh, I would nevah smack Hickeroar with a trout! He’d keeel meh. lol

Attachments:

Toasted Coaster

(edited by Silke.1695)

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Berkut.2837

I kinda want that plushy. You do carry those daggers around for a reason I suppose :P.

Off-topic more than the rest of my posts: Sign on to the DOM website more, we need moar people talking in there :P.

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Silke.1695

fifteen characters of prose..

Attachments:

Toasted Coaster

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

edited to say: Pshh, I would nevah smack Hickeroar with a trout! He’d keeel meh. lol

No Wai. I’d just mail you a grumblecake.

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: SquirtyMagoo.8321

SquirtyMagoo.8321

What is this in the patch about ‘supply caravan ambushes’???!!!

Is this a real thing!?

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

I have commanded a ton since joining the server having a blast and hopefully improving Eternal Battlegrounds during my time on the field.

I’d say, based on the fact that I’ve logged in to find EBG completely green like 3-4 times this week…..mission accomplished. xD You guys are tenacious. You set your minds to do something, and then you do it.

FWIW, you’ve been great to have on board so far. Your attitudes in-game have been great, and I can already see the benefits of your presence. I think you coming here brought us to a nice sweet-spot in our NA where we can now compete with “T1 servers” in that slot if/when we face them. We have some obvious coverage holes in SEA and EU, but once those are filled in, we’ll be in a lovely place indeed.

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

And I thought we were all becoming such good friends… so much for that.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

And I thought we were all becoming such good friends… so much for that.

eh? o.0

I feel like I missed something…

NAGA|TC

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kingzook.1620

Kingzook.1620

I have commanded a ton since joining the server having a blast and hopefully improving Eternal Battlegrounds during my time on the field.

I’d say, based on the fact that I’ve logged in to find EBG completely green like 3-4 times this week…..mission accomplished. xD You guys are tenacious. You set your minds to do something, and then you do it.

FWIW, you’ve been great to have on board so far. Your attitudes in-game have been great, and I can already see the benefits of your presence. I think you coming here brought us to a nice sweet-spot in our NA where we can now compete with “T1 servers” in that slot if/when we face them. We have some obvious coverage holes in SEA and EU, but once those are filled in, we’ll be in a lovely place indeed.

So you guys are still recruiting?

Let me give you some stats. In the last 4 match ups, JQ/SoR/Bg have fought each other 3 times. One time SoR just won the rolls and got TC and SoS

this means that, according to this pattern, you will just pick on smaller servers. I really don’t see what you guys plan to get by recruiting more people? Neither DB or FA can put up the fight we did before for two reason, we lost guilds and you gained them.

Do you guys really enjoy zerging down a 5 man havoc squad trying to capture a camp, or sitting in que just to play?

I am not trying to troll, im just trying to understand your thought rational so maybe i can justify it when you do get guilds.

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Let me give you some stats. In the last 4 match ups, JQ/SoR/Bg have fought each other 3 times. One time SoR just won the rolls and got TC and SoS

this means that, according to this pattern, you will just pick on smaller servers. I really don’t see what you guys plan to get by recruiting more people? Neither DB or FA can put up the fight we did before for two reason, we lost guilds and you gained them.

Do you guys really enjoy zerging down a 5 man havoc squad trying to capture a camp, or sitting in que just to play?

I am not trying to troll, im just trying to understand your thought rational so maybe i can justify it when you do get guilds.

If “recruiting” is what you want to call it, then probably so, yes. Our method has always been to only encourage guilds that would increase our stability, not decrease it. This is why we’ve requested that several guilds NOT come who were thinking about it. You would likely be surprised by the list of guilds we said “No” to.

Anyway, matchups are pseudorandom. More coverage for us = higher rating = higher likelihood to face T1 servers.

Yes, that would cause another “T1 server” to roll down in the list for a week, but I think that’s the kind of variance that ANet was hoping for.

Yes, it also stinks for the servers that are getting beat, but that’s going to happen anyway.

As it stands, we end up facing servers that aren’t remotely able to compete with our coverage. I’d rather lose to a T1 server than win the way we are right now.

As far as zerging down a 5-man havok squad goes, the entire metagame depends on the movement and control of supply. Also…right place, right time. We don’t intentionally send zergs after 5 people trying to take a camp.

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

An open letter to the 8 kn who chased me all around ne camp and bay on KN bl.

Sorry for laughing but i couldn’t convey my mood any better than that when it came to you all bloodlusting after me soooo hard. Looking forward to good fights throughout the rest of the week.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

(edited by Asudementio.8526)

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: katanah.8431

katanah.8431

As a TCer since launch I can see why RE chose TC to come to, not just the things he listed but our overall community is just fun, loyal, and competitive all while remaining respectful. Its why I will never leave TC myself. That being said Im not sure why it would bother you or anyone why a guild would come to TC. TC has been growing steadily in the rankings we didnt just get here overnight. The maps still only allow the same amount of players.
To answer your questions tho.. do we enjoy zerging down 5 men.. we enjoy WvW if we run over 5 men then we do, our 5 men grps get zerged down as well.. thats everywhere. Even before RE.
Que’s – ya they blow but prime time has always had one. We deal with it or go somewhere else.
I am not trying to be mean in saying this but if it does upset you so much why dont you recruit for your own server? As you stated you lost guilds, it isnt just RE being on TC that would change that. Just fix the problem you see. You guys do have great guilds out there and plenty of skill on your server.. allow the good part of your server to shine, let other guilds who may be scouting other servers to join see a great community so perhaps you replace the guilds that left.
I hate that this match up thread has focused so much on one guild. When it all comes down to it we are all here to play and have fun.
Im happy we have guilds like EP, PiNK, TV, Nope, Cern, TSL, and yes now RE (just naming a very few) who work so well together in WvW for us to do as well as we do.. and fun! We are not just a guild that holds WvW but TC as a whole.
I do hope we can get back to the WvW discussion and leave the focus of one guild alone.

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: nibbles.2408

nibbles.2408

I am not trying to be mean in saying this but if it does upset you so much why dont you recruit for your own server? As you stated you lost guilds, it isnt just RE being on TC that would change that. Just fix the problem you see. You guys do have great guilds out there and plenty of skill on your server.. allow the good part of your server to shine, let other guilds who may be scouting other servers to join see a great community so perhaps you replace the guilds that left.

We have been recruiting, we have a recruitment post up and everything. The problem is there aren’t enough players/guilds to go around. The way it stands the top 4 servers are becoming super stacked, and the answer that is given by you is to stack yet a 5th server to balance it all out? I say that isn’t the right solution.

Before TC acquired its new guilds T2 was relatively balanced. Now I doubt a TC/DB/FA matchup would be anywhere near the same as it once was. I won’t say that TC shouldn’t recruit, but I feel like a more evenly distributed population would be better for the game overall.

Yes, that would cause another “T1 server” to roll down in the list for a week, but I think that’s the kind of variance that ANet was hoping for.

Yes, it also stinks for the servers that are getting beat, but that’s going to happen anyway.

As it stands, we end up facing servers that aren’t remotely able to compete with our coverage. I’d rather lose to a T1 server than win the way we are right now.

I normally agree with you Hickeroar so it makes me a little upset to see this coming from you. But hypothetically, if TC had not recruited so heavily, you wouldn’t be stomping servers so badly, so your need to move up to T1 wouldn’t be as great. It just seems like you are sending mixed signals saying that you want harder fights, so you have to recruit for them, which in turn will give you easier fights.

Like I said I’m not trying to say recruiting is bad (I’m not the type of person who can tell others what they should or shouldn’t do), and FA recruits as well, I just wish more people would see the downsides of recruiting/stacking as well.

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger
Fort Aspenwood (www.fort-aspenwood.com)

(edited by nibbles.2408)

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kingzook.1620

Kingzook.1620

stuffz

Truthfully, i enjoy fighting bigger servers, it means i can always find a fight. I just do not like seeing 4 super servers, 2-5 good servers, and the rest struggling to get 20 people on a map at reset (in terms of population) .

I truthfully thought what arena net had in mind was for the servers to even out but i was proven wrong by that when they increase the cap yet again.

Now I’m almost positive that they will close 3 servers within the year and merge the population on to the remaining servers.

Edit: Grammar

(edited by Kingzook.1620)

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

nibbles.2408

I truthfully think arena net had in mind was for the servers to even out but i was proven wrong by that when they increase the cap yet again.

Now im almost positive that they will close 3 servers within the year and merge the population on to the remaining servers.

This. If Anet wants to consolidate servers and save money/space, they are going about it the right way. Unfortunately this means an imbalanced, randomized mess in the meantime.

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Also just to be clear before people get too worked up…

If you read the TC Recruitment Thread we are looking for Havoc Squads and EU Guilds only.

We specifically say we aren’t looking for any Medium/Large Guilds outside of EU. Theon’s first response even clearly states we hope any NA Guilds looking to transfer check out FA/DB/SoS instead.

We’re trying to “change our meta” and get better at small-scale fighting and break away from endlessly running around in mega-zergs.

The best small-scale/havoc fighters are all in the lower Tiers where that is all they do day-in and day-out. We’re looking for some of them who also will fit in with our Server Culture to come up and train us and make us better.

I’d think that FA in particular would love that considering how disappointed you are with our individual fighting skills right?

NAGA|TC

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: katanah.8431

katanah.8431

stuffz

Truthfully, i enjoy fighting bigger servers, it means i can always find a fight. I just do not like seeing 4 super servers, 2-5 good servers, and the rest struggling to get 20 people on a map at reset (in terms of population) .

I truthfully think arena net had in mind was for the servers to even out but i was proven wrong by that when they increase the cap yet again.

Now im almost positive that they will close 3 servers within the year and merge the population on to the remaining servers.

I agree it was very balanced before they did this random role stuff, but FA-TC were past the time of putting a ring on. We had great fights but it was stagnant we faced the same servers/people every week. SoS at that time was in the mix but they lost guilds as well, the balance was already off. I was happy to see any mix up and even getting face rolled by T1. It shook things up a bit, made us on TC learn. Nobody wants to win every match or be outmanned/ out zerged. Our recruiting didnt change the balance alone. The loss of guilds from other servers contributed. All Im saying is while it sucks right now for the servers who lost guilds just continue to recruit and be picky.. make sure you recruit guilds that want to stay the long haul. FA (and KN) have some talented players/guilds you guys wont see the unbalance forever (youve lost and gained guilds in the past). Focus on how determined your server is and what it has to offer. That alone will pull guilds towards you. I hope FA does get those slots refilled you guys are a great match for us and when in full force you have smashed us as well. I will come bump your recruitment thread myself if you like. My point was only this thread shouldnt be so focused on one guild. TC has always been a strong server, I for one am happy to have RE here to add to our great community. Our recruitment is out there yes but we are picky we arent going to grab a random bunch of guilds and create a sudden change in tiers. The loss of guilds has more to do with the imbalance, think of this time as temporary. You guys will recover.

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

nibbles.2408

TC told us in the server meeting they don’t recruit NA guilds, the only reason they approached us is because we are an EB-focused Guild and that’s what attracted the TC community to our Guild. Their recruitment thread even states that NA is not something they need.

Fair enough. Like I said I’m not attacking TC or RE in any way. I just know personally, and I’m sure a lot of other people agree, that for balance reasons it would have been nice to see RE move to a server that needed the help more (even if it wasn’t FA). Or, barring that, moving to a server like JQ so the balance of what was T2 is not messed up further.

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Or, barring that, moving to a server like JQ so the balance of what was T2 is not messed up further.

Sadly that isn’t going to happen (and not because of TC).

Because of the Random Match-ups there is a pretty decent chance that at least one “former T1” Server will drop down to face non-T1 Servers.

What I’m pushing for (shameless plug) is for ANet to start handicapping matches.

We’re never going to have “perfectly balanced” tiers/servers/matches but with handicaps we can make them all fairly competitive.

NAGA|TC

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: ArtPulse.8630

ArtPulse.8630

The 2 golems on Briar at FABL just now was fun

Esthetics – Tarnished Coast
[Cult] Counterculture

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Or, barring that, moving to a server like JQ so the balance of what was T2 is not messed up further.

Because of the Random Match-ups there is a pretty decent chance that at least one “former T1” Server will drop down to face non-T1 Servers.

What I’m pushing for (shameless plug) is for ANet to start handicapping matches.

We’re never going to have “perfectly balanced” tiers/servers/matches but with handicaps we can make them all fairly competitive.

That or combine servers

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

That or combine servers

Nope.

Even forced mergers won’t create balanced matchups.

DB with TC’s or even FA’s NA is instantly dominant outside of T1 just because of the Server’s SEA strength. Look at what happened to SoR after the arrival of a single EU Guild (and that was in T1 against T1 Servers).

Handicapping accounts for Coverage imbalances and numbers while still keeping matches competitive.

NAGA|TC

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

NERF has members spread across multiple servers because we started out as a cross-server guild for engineers. We’ve asked many of our non-FA members to transfer as we have closed new membership to FA-only, but our guild respects their right to play on the server of their choice. We only ask that all of you give them that same respect and not accuse them of being spies. Thank you.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: BLKNovember.5620

BLKNovember.5620

Thank you to the guy from RE who dropped by in our TS for being cool and trying to drum up some action. Sadly we could not do that with our numbers, and though we tried, I fear it wasn’t much of a fight, but we’ll try harder next time. ;D

[PRX] Deadly Proximity
Radik of Aeon – Guardian

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

There will never be balance without auto-balance. And thats just not going to happen.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

Props @ FA & KN. No matter how outnumbered you guys are, you fight tooth and nail for every frikkin thing on the map, be it a supply camp or your Garrison. Restcpa.

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

nibbles.2408

Alright last post on the subject because I want to avoid sounding like a troll/forum warrior whathaveyou.

The point about random matches is right, but even with a T1 server dropping, 3 good T2 servers could put up a decent fight. The same goes for any tier really that moves up or down. As it stands when the stacked servers drop, they dominate precisely because they are stacked—as WvW has been from the beginning. Unlike the past, we are now forced to face this imbalance head on because of the randomness.

So, imo, the randomness doesn’t mean we shouldn’t care about balance because “someone is always going to get dominated,” but we should care more about balance, so that the server who wins doesn’t do so in a fun-killing blowout. Probably a pipe dream, but just something I wish more people would consider as we super stack the top servers.

Although the responsibility of Anet to fix the system (which at this point I dunno many who would disagree that it is broken) is pretty huge, whether it be through handicaps or less randomness or whatever.

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger