6/21 TC/FA/KN

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Don’t let this tarnish the awesome metaphorical pillow fort you both have built for yourselves. :*(

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

tc does not need 10-15 guilds to compete in t1 LOL that would be overkill. All they would need is

1x 20-30 man oceanic guild to go with there sea
1 × 20-25 man euro

tc has the na numbers to fight t1 and the sea to also do it

Nope.

If you think two guilds are going to help you in Tier 1, you misunderstand how much of a difference there is between Tier 1 and Tier 2.

You guys faced SoR along with a Tier 4 capable SoS, and got demolished by 125,229 points.

If you guys had to face another Tier 1 server instead of a Tier 4 thrown into the mix, you would have had a hard time of it. Sure they can help take the pressure off, but you guys stole points from SoS. You won’t be stealing easy points from JQ or BG.

This RNG in WvW helps you, but you guys aren’t within 2 guilds of competing in Tier 1, not by a long shot.

When DB was in Tier 1, their Oceanic/SEA got demolished. This was the same Oceanic/SEA that dominated us for weeks in Tier 2.

There’s a HUGE difference in Tier 1 and Tier 2.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

You guys faced SoR along with a Tier 4 capable SoS, and got demolished by 125,229 points.

I thought he was from SoR, not TC. Are ya sure you got the right "you guys"? I’m warm enough without that blanket. I gots a metaphorical pillow fort to cozy in.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

My biggest dream is for FA to get some balanced coverage maybe 2 or 3 nice and large guilds (which are going to stay there), so our match-ups get balanced again. Then we toss in our long lost friend DB in here and together we make them our punching bag.

Then why don’t you transfer to here?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

tc does not need 10-15 guilds to compete in t1 LOL that would be overkill. All they would need is

1 × 20-25 man euro

No your SEA is way smaller than ours and we were outmanned most of the time when we fought JQ and BG. Unless TC has had an influx of SEA guilds you wouldn’t stand a chance in that time frame

Also SoR has the smallest SEA in that Tier, so I wouldn’t base it off of that

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

(edited by Gellor.6497)

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

1 × 20-25 man euro

No your SEA is way smaller than ours and we were outmanned most of the time when we fought JQ and BG. Unless TC has had an influx of SEA guilds you wouldn’t stand a chance in that time frame

They are from SoR not TC.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

1 × 20-25 man euro

Nope.

If you think two guilds are going to help you in Tier 1, you misunderstand how much of a difference there is between Tier 1 and Tier 2.

If you guys had to face another Tier 1 server instead of a Tier 4 thrown into the mix, you would have had a hard time of it. Sure they can help take the pressure off, but you guys stole points from SoS. You won’t be stealing easy points from JQ or BG.

This RNG in WvW helps you, but you guys aren’t within 2 guilds of competing in Tier 1, not by a long shot.

When DB was in Tier 1, their Oceanic/SEA got demolished. This was the same Oceanic/SEA that dominated us for weeks in Tier 2.

First off Wyld is right SykkoB is from SoR.

Second he might be closer to the truth than you think.

The same week that TC faced SoR, JQ lost to BG by ~110,000 points. This week JQ is in 3rd but only trailing by 20k points.

TC doesn’t have close to the coverage to win “Tier 1” or beat SoR or BG 1v1 but that doesn’t mean we couldn’t have a fun, competitive, and much more closely-balanced match against 2 T1 Servers than we can against any other matchup combination.

There are many on TC who would rather finish 3rd in a fun match than 1st in these silly blowouts.

(It has the added benefit of making all the spawn-campers, chest-thumpers, and fair-weather fighters run back and hide under the bridges where they belong :P)

NAGA|TC

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

1 × 20-25 man euro

Ah my mistake then but point still stands, you guys will need more SEA guilds

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

1 × 20-25 man euro

Nope.

First off Wyld is right SykkoB is from SoR.

Second he might be closer to the truth than you think.

The same week that TC faced SoR, JQ lost to BG by ~110,000 points. This week JQ is in 3rd but only trailing by 20k points.

TC doesn’t have close to the coverage to win “Tier 1” or beat SoR or BG 1v1 but that doesn’t mean we couldn’t have a fun, competitive, and much more closely-balanced match against 2 T1 Servers than we can against any other matchup combination.

There are many on TC who would rather finish 3rd in a fun match than 1st in these silly blowouts.

(It has the added benefit of making all the spawn-campers, chest-thumpers, and fair-weather fighters run back and hide under the bridges where they belong :P)

I wouldn’t base anything on that week. JQ was gunning for DB and didn’t care if they lost. Only time will tell once you have faced two Tier 1 servers

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

etrigan.4213

Doesn’t matter if they are from SoR, it doesn’t make them any less wrong.

TC is no where close to be competitive in Tier 1.

I hope they can prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

I wouldn’t base anything on that week. JQ was gunning for DB and didn’t care if they lost. Only time will tell once you have faced two Tier 1 servers

True.

I also think it would depend on the matchup. I think BG-SoR-TC would play out very differently than JQ-SoR-TC which would also be different than BG-JQ-TC.

Coverages, Server Rivalries, even whether or not it is a “New PvE Content” week can have such huge impacts on the outcome.

NAGA|TC

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

That’s so awful you guys.

You are already completely pounding us in to the dirt and then stuff like that happens to add insult to injury.

Then we get spawn camped on top of it.

Really shameful. I was looking forward to this match-up and now its complete garbage in my mind. The apology from you guys doesn’t make up for the other 30 players that enjoyed the reward and essentially gloated.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the week. At this point there really isn’t much left for you guys to prove.

In case you want to see it from our side, I’ll be posting the video for you shortly.

GG

Too bad isn’t it? I told people not to spawn camp and to leave the keep, dropped tag after moving north. Wood keep doesn’t = full upgraded but I did what I could. People are going to do what they are going to do.

I have no words. Just truly disappointed in what happened.

I’m confused….

You reported the guys who accidentally glitched through and then immediately run up the stairs and back over the wall, then didn’t report the ones who (also accidentally) glitched through but then actually took advantage of the glitch.

Yes, it sucks very badly that it happened, there’s no doubt about that, but reporting a player that is in the middle of running back over the wall because a GAME BUG glitched him through the gate is just as foul as the players who glitch in and exploit the glitch.

I felt sorry for you guys until I saw that you were actively trying to STOP players who were trying to run back out. Your anger, and the obvious mass unintentional game bugging that went on there do not line up.

As far that the extras who did stay inside, i hope they get banned. I just hope there’s no collateral damage with players who were trying to do the right thing.

Can’t report everybody in the heat of the moment. If I could program a “report 20 people in 2 seconds” macro it would be a lot earlier.

Am I not to report anybody at all in your eyes then?

The best thing it can do is offer Anet a time stamp for the event if they want to investigate.

Don’t try to play this off as me being the bad guy here. I just posted a video that shows the event. Everybody needs to know these things are unacceptable.

Right!?

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

(edited by Furiousbeard.7602)

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Don’t try to play this off as me being the bad guy here. I just posted a video that shows the event. Everybody needs to know these things are unacceptable.

Right!?

Agreed!
(Especially if you sent that video to exploits@arena.net and explained the problem was the glitching and those who exploited it and not those who jumped back over the wall )

NAGA|TC

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

You are unbelievable. That’s like telling a victim of a hate crime its their fault for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and that they can’t be upset about it.

And if you look at the reporting options provided, there is not an appropriate option other than that.

Hick you need to stop attacking me on this. It comes across as you defending the guilty.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

etrigan.4213

In regards to this glitching:

I was a bug/glitch. The majority of the players ran back out..get over it.

The ones that stayed(PUGS by the look of it), still took the keep. If you guys didn’t have enough to hold the keep against that, then you had no hope of holding it against the larger group in the long run.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Chaba.5410

LOL @ the blame the victim game being played. Flashypants was just asking for it! His mouth said no but his eyes said yes! If the shoe were on the other foot, Flashypants would be exhorted to report. TROLOLO!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

yes i am from SOR and trust me tc Isnt far off from being able to face t1 servers. 2 large guilds in off hour coverage do make a huge diff.

sor has

2x oceanic guilds wich r HIRE that fields 20-30 a night and then OCX that fields 10-15

4x Sea guilds SAHP 10-20 NYS 20-30 AFS 15-20 r 4th i dont rem the name but fields around 10

1x euro IRON 25-35

Now with that info u can see tc if they got that 1 large oceanic and 1 euro guild would be close to SOR and be able to put up 1 hell of a fight

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

(edited by SykkoB.9465)

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

You guys can think what you like. The best part is that it wasn’t me and I should hope will never be.

You people have a twisted view of the world if you think people don’t have a right to call you out for doing inappropriate things. This isn’t an American courthouse where discrediting a witness justifies your opinions.

Grow up.

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

You guys can think what you like. The best part is that it wasn’t me and I should hope will never be.

You people have a twisted view of the world if you think people don’t have a right to call you out for doing inappropriate things. This isn’t an American courthouse where discrediting a witness justifies your opinions.

Grow up.

While Hickeroar sometimes thinks a lot of himself I don’t think he considers himself to be more than one person

Nobody is going to get banned over a single incident involving a glitch Hicke please calm down and stop RPing your Guardian in this thread

NAGA|TC

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Grow up.

Holy crap, man. Read my freakin’ post. Stop replying until you have a clue what I was actually saying.

I know exactly what you are saying, but I can’t go back in time and report 20 people now can I!?

Give your head a shake man! Your suggestions don’t UN-DO what has already been done.

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

SykkoB.9465

1 × 20-25 man euro

Ah my mistake then but point still stands, you guys will need more SEA guilds

Thing is u dont need MASS numbers if u have around the clock coverage. Strong na with ok oceanic and sea mix with strong EU = SOR

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mac.7249

Mac.7249

In the future, please remember /bug is an actual function. . .

TC Necromonger

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Just give it a rest Hick, it can’t be undone.

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Chaba.5410

LOL @ the blame the victim game being played. Flashypants was just asking for it! His mouth said no but his eyes said yes! If the shoe were on the other foot, Flashypants would be exhorted to report. TROLOLO!

Report the ones who broke the rules. Respect the ones who did the right thing. Apparently Flashy would rather just have a witch hunt. I fully support reporting people who actually break the rules. The one he reported, along with all the others who ran back out of the keep didn’t do a single thing wrong.

Hickeroar, there’s an appeals process just for this very reason. You seem to be overlooking the fact that the mesmer who actually laid the portal had to run back out over the wall TOO in order to port people in. I realize that you see a fellow EP member there and are going at lengths to defend for that reason. I would too if I saw a member of my own guild there. Yet don’t you think that any reasonable and objective analysis of the situation would indicate that Flashypants was just doing the best he could to bring Anet’s attention to the glitch when it is next to impossible, in the heat of battle, to distinguish who is running back over the wall to lay a portal and who is just trying to take the correct course of action to recover from the glitch?

Chaba Tangnu

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Estus.1726

Estus.1726

If this was a one time glitch that some people took advantage of either knowingly or unwittingly, then I would be VERY surprised if anyone is even warned. I’m sure a bug report was sent to ANET so they can correct it.

If this was caused by a known exploit, then of course that would be different.

ANET not only looks at people who are reported but also at the people that do the reporting. Actions can be taken against a reporter if they deem it’s a frivolous complaint. Something to keep in mind.

The event happened. Apologizes offered. Time to move on.

[RE] Isendale – Tarnished Coast
“Did you see that? Tell me you saw that!”

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Chaba.5410

In the future, please remember /bug is an actual function. . .

I really wish it didn’t take so freakin’ long to report a bug in the middle of battle. I had to do this last night in Aetherblade Retreat during the last boss battle. Oh man!

Chaba Tangnu

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Hickeroar, there’s an appeals process just for this very reason. You seem to be overlooking the fact that the mesmer who actually laid the portal had to run back out over the wall TOO in order to port people in. I realize that you see a fellow EP member there and are going at lengths to defend for that reason. I would too if I saw a member of my own guild there. Yet don’t you think that any reasonable and objective analysis of the situation would indicate that Flashypants was just doing the best he could to bring Anet’s attention to the glitch when it is next to impossible, in the heat of battle, to distinguish who is running back over the wall to lay a portal and who is just trying to take the correct course of action to recover from the glitch?

If this was a one time glitch that some people took advantage of either knowingly or unwittingly, then I would be VERY surprised if anyone is even warned. I’m sure a bug report was sent to ANET so they can correct it.

If this was caused by a known exploit, then of course that would be different.

ANET not only looks at people who are reported but also at the people that do the reporting. Actions can be taken against a reporter if they deem it’s a frivolous complaint. Something to keep in mind.

The event happened. Apologizes offered. Time to move on.

Excellent Posts!
/Topic

NAGA|TC

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Chaba.5410

The correct approach is to simply submit a standard glitching report the way ANet intended it to be done. It is not to report a random player. A whole stream of people ran back up over the wall, and one of them got reported.

That was, and is, my point.

Sure, that’s a correct approach. A correct approach is also PM’ing Flashypants with that suggestion next time.

Chaba Tangnu

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Report the ones who broke the rules. Respect the ones who did the right thing. Apparently Flashy would rather just have a witch hunt. I fully support reporting people who actually break the rules. The one he reported, along with all the others who ran back out of the keep didn’t do a single thing wrong.

The correct approach is to simply submit a standard glitching report the way ANet intended it to be done. It is not to report a random player. A whole stream of people ran back up over the wall, and one of them got reported.

That was, and is, my point.

Point noted.

Next time, make it without attacking someone.

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Chaba.5410

Like I tell my sons, it doesn’t matter who started it. Who is going to end it?

Chaba Tangnu

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Point noted.

Next time, make it without attacking someone.

Oh, the irony.

PM me if you want to continue on your preaching

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Everglow.2185

Everglow.2185

I find it funny that it was an EP mesmer who dropped the portal… Kind of hard to target and report the “right” person in these situations with so many people, clones, stealth, etc.

The Havok Legion [HL]
#magswag

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

A Moderator?

NAGA|TC

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Everglow.2185

I find it funny that it was an EP mesmer who dropped the portal…

I can tell you right now, that that is a load of hogwash.

He’s right there in the video…. Not really anything else to it.

edit: 0:34 pops out of stealth after dropping portal

The Havok Legion [HL]
#magswag

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Everglow.2185

Yes and they appear by the door, not half way up the stairs and the only person near the portal who’s conveniently a mesmer. I understand your desire to defend your guild, but it’s perfectly clear it’s in EP portal. Should really just give it a rest.

The Havok Legion [HL]
#magswag

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

SykkoB.9465

guys u should just report it to anet and move on. Talking about it will jsut get ur thread locked

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Everglow.2185

Yes and they appear by the door, not half way up the stairs and the only person near the portal who’s conveniently a mesmer. I understand your desire to defend your guild, but it’s perfectly clear it’s in EP portal. Should really just give it a rest.

/rolleyes

Yeah, baseless accusations, you SHOULD give those a rest.

Not sure how you’re getting “baseless” from clear evidence in the form of a video. It’s like anytime an exploit occurs people shout for “vid or it didn’t happen” then you give them the video and it just comes with more excuses haha.

That said, kudos for the ones who didn’t exploit. But there’s no defense for the ones who did.

The Havok Legion [HL]
#magswag

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Wow, an entire page dedicated to whatever that^^^^ was. Lol.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

(edited by Usagi.4835)

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

guys u should just report it to anet and move on. Talking about it will jsut get ur thread locked

True enough.

Score update anybody?

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Guys I don’t usually make it into WvW Fridays before reset so tonight will be my last TCFA rumble again for a little while. :*( It was a fantastic time playing against you guys again though. I think most of KN had a lot of fun despite our apprehension going in.

love,

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

Kaineng, I hope you enjoy having Ajax Blue back. We had the “pleasure” of working with him when our guild was on Eredon Terrace server. Enjoy!

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

A Moderator?

Post of the week. ^^

So, uh, finger? Moon? Cookies, pie, and cake? Peace, love, and understanding? Sex, drugs, and rock & roll? Col. Mustard in the Library with a Wrench? Up up down down left right left right B A? Amen, Hallelujah, and peanut butter!

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

etrigan.4213

Kaineng, I hope you enjoy having Ajax Blue back. We had the “pleasure” of working with him when our guild was on Eredon Terrace server. Enjoy!

OMG that guy is still around???

Never thought I’d feel bad for AGG, and here I am feeling bad for you.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shiro Ryuujin.6412

Shiro Ryuujin.6412

I find it funny all this complaining from FA about an accidental bug that may have been exploited by a few, yet they were glitch capping Jerrifer’s just about every day…hypocrites much?

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: krade.4021

krade.4021

I find it funny all this complaining from FA about an accidental bug that may have been exploited by a few, yet they were glitch capping Jerrifer’s just about every day…hypocrites much?

THIS

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

This is a really cool thread!!!!!!!!!!

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Attachments:

love,

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

saiyr, you’re just in time!

We were all just sharing some fond memories!!!!!!!!!!

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lauren.3061

Lauren.3061

I’m embarrassed by the attitude displayed on this last page. Flashypants, that video really sucks and for what it’s worth, I’m sorry. I know the commander involved apologized, but the people who took advantage of the mesmer portal aren’t entirely “PUGS” or militia, but are people from some guilds on TC who should know better. Very sorry you guys had to deal with that and the spawn camping that came after. Feeling pretty ashamed of some of the reactions displayed here too. I know in the heat of the moment you wouldn’t think to “perfectly” report the right people – you were just irritated and did what you could.

~Arabella

6/21 TC/FA/KN

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Thanks Lauren,

Yes it sucks, and I would hope that anybody from FA caught exploiting these same glitches and bugs be reported and dealt with by the powers that be.

The commanders that were there were the first people in here to address it in these forums, and I appreciate their respect for us under the circumstances. There was even an EP member (possibly commander) kneeling at our spawn in an attempt to say sorry and that did not go unnoticed. Everybody makes mistakes and if it was not possible to get through that gate intentionally or unintentionally, we wouldn’t even be having this discussion.

I wish others had the same tact that you and some others are displaying.

Thank you

(edited by Furiousbeard.7602)