6/28: FC/GoM/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Scleameth.6809

Scleameth.6809

Also I can’t understand why GoM and SF are so intent on focussing their efforts on FC?

Normally, I’m a “don’t beat down the little guy” kind of person. Unfortunately, the rating system does not share my sentiment. Glicko expects GoM and SF to grind FC into the ground. If they don’t, they will lose rating to FC because they are “doing worse than expected.”

So honestly I’m torn. I don’t want to focus FC, but I also don’t want to lose rating to them for being nice.

Hang on here, if GoM performs better against SF than FC then you would gain even more rating points… You have enough numbers to prevent FC from roaming freely around GoM properties when you focus your efforts on SF, but for GoM and SF to focus on FC to gain rating and merely keeping each other in check seems like a fail to me.

Oh well, sticks and stones I suppose… this darn rating system causes so much harm to the entire WvW experience.

If you guys have to prey on FC then at least leave our keeps out of it and let us have our WP. You guys are costing us a lot of time and money on upgrades just for the sake of Glicko ratings…

FC – [SNKY]
Keep the Faith (and stay out of AC fire)

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Also I can’t understand why GoM and SF are so intent on focussing their efforts on FC?

Normally, I’m a “don’t beat down the little guy” kind of person. Unfortunately, the rating system does not share my sentiment. Glicko expects GoM and SF to grind FC into the ground. If they don’t, they will lose rating to FC because they are “doing worse than expected.”

So honestly I’m torn. I don’t want to focus FC, but I also don’t want to lose rating to them for being nice.

Hang on here, if GoM performs better against SF than FC then you would gain even more rating points… You have enough numbers to prevent FC from roaming freely around GoM properties when you focus your efforts on SF, but for GoM and SF to focus on FC to gain rating and merely keeping each other in check seems like a fail to me.

Oh well, sticks and stones I suppose… this darn rating system causes so much harm to the entire WvW experience.

If you guys have to prey on FC then at least leave our keeps out of it and let us have our WP. You guys are costing us a lot of time and money on upgrades just for the sake of Glicko ratings…

Due to the population differences, the FC side of the maps are up for grabs at certain times of the day. If one server doesn’t try to take it, the other definitely will. No worries, though. You guys are still out-performing expectations and gaining rating points for it. And to your credit, you fight very well at the times when you’re at equal strength with everyone else.

Personally, I prefer to only visit FC’s borderlands when it’s mostly blue so I can back-cap the things that SF took from you guys. It might look like double-teaming because all three colors are on your map, but it’s really just more about denying points to the folks in second place. Aggressive defense is good defense.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Let me set a few things straight here somewhat at least. First off I preface this by saying that no one person(s) viewpoint can be shared by an entire server.

With that being said, most of us on SF were content to give GoM hell this week and in large part ignore FC other than some EB holdings. This was mainly due to the fact that we knew you lost people to HoD, we had immense respect for little bro still from the T8 days, and GoM fields a sizable force that would keep us busy for the most part anyway.

Anyhow, all that began to change for a lot of us when the FC gank squads began attempting to farm us as we were heading for objectives on BL maps. Many, many times over the weekend FC were camping areas like the bridge to hills (from lake), while GoM was assaulting hills on our BL. So of course the natural progression was: “OK if FC wants to stick their nose in our business and not even try to take hills themselves, lets just press them a bit”.

Was not something really coming from a place of anger etc, or even in an effort to try to “win/gain ppt”, it is mainly just because a few groups of FC players decided to try and troll us, so we decided to troll a bit ourselves. (Golem rushes on FC BL Sat/Sunday comes to mind).

TL/DR: We still love ya FC, but if you try to troll farm us while letting GoM have a free pass, we will come rub the SF lovestick on ya.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eveningstar.7834

Eveningstar.7834

In other news, GoM realised the only successful way of kitteneep was leaving via another door…

I like how we ran out shouting “FREEDOM!!”
It was so random… Yet so GoM. =3

I was expecting to get ganked in there tho. XD

Miia~ GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jesse.4631

Jesse.4631

can’t say i like the zergs but its fun to be fighting sf again :p

Pink Sylvari FTW!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Scleameth.6809

Scleameth.6809

Hang on here, if GoM performs better against SF than FC then you would gain even more rating points…

Let me set a few things straight here somewhat at least. First off I preface this by saying that no one person(s) viewpoint can be shared by an entire server.

With that being said, most of us on SF were content to give GoM hell this week and in large part ignore FC other than some EB holdings. This was mainly due to the fact that we knew you lost people to HoD, we had immense respect for little bro still from the T8 days, and GoM fields a sizable force that would keep us busy for the most part anyway.

Anyhow, all that began to change for a lot of us when the FC gank squads began attempting to farm us as we were heading for objectives on BL maps. Many, many times over the weekend FC were camping areas like the bridge to hills (from lake), while GoM was assaulting hills on our BL. So of course the natural progression was: “OK if FC wants to stick their nose in our business and not even try to take hills themselves, lets just press them a bit”.

Was not something really coming from a place of anger etc, or even in an effort to try to “win/gain ppt”, it is mainly just because a few groups of FC players decided to try and troll us, so we decided to troll a bit ourselves. (Golem rushes on FC BL Sat/Sunday comes to mind).

TL/DR: We still love ya FC, but if you try to troll farm us while letting GoM have a free pass, we will come rub the SF lovestick on ya.

I get what you’re saying and I was online once when FC pushed on SF BL, but only when we had to fend off GoM AND SF in our EB keep then win back our multi coloured BL. I suppose that FC will have to attack SF or GoM sooner or later and can expect retaliation in return…
I just get the feeling that EB gets all red removed before GoM moves in on the blue side.
Whatever the case may be, it just does not feel nice to be ganged up on although it’s an inevitable situation in a 3-way battle.
Sigh… if only we had more numbers to compete properly

FC – [SNKY]
Keep the Faith (and stay out of AC fire)

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

Hang on here, if GoM performs better against SF than FC then you would gain even more rating points…

I get what you’re saying and I was online once when FC pushed on SF BL, but only when we had to fend off GoM AND SF in our EB keep then win back our multi coloured BL. I suppose that FC will have to attack SF or GoM sooner or later and can expect retaliation in return…
I just get the feeling that EB gets all red removed before GoM moves in on the blue side.
Whatever the case may be, it just does not feel nice to be ganged up on although it’s an inevitable situation in a 3-way battle.

The only thing I can speak to is what I see, and that is GoM flows to the path of least resistance. Meaning the times I’ve seen them pushing you guys (FC) on EB, is when you do not have adequate numbers or they have overwhelming numbers, the same goes for us.

If we push them off of a few attempts normally they go back to sieging from SM and pushing your 1/3 of the map. When we don’t have people they roll over our side, I have logged on to see us having nothing in EB while most of your 1/3 is still red. And in contrast, I have logged in to us having our 1/3 and you guys losing or lost all of yours. More than likely they either have only one commander on at some times, or they only have enough people to mount the big zergs one at a time that can clear 1/3 of EB. A lot of it (from both viewpoints) has to do with playtime and the scenario.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

What times are you guys playing?

During 10pm est – 2am est i see tons and tons of SF, they always have more numbers than us.

A lot of FC too to be honest.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

(edited by Sororita.3465)

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

During 10pm est – 2am est i see tons and tons of SF, they always have more numbers than us.

Yeah the majority of our players are on the NA West coast, so 10pm est is their primetime, and a lot of them burn the late night during the week.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Sororita.3465

Yeah the majority of our players are on the NA West coast, so 10pm est is their primetime, and a lot of them burn the late night during the week.

Hmm ok, yeah i see as of right now theres a not a lot of SF in EB, about a 40 man FC zerg though…and heres GoMs almighty zerg! lol

Attachments:

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

Hmm ok, yeah i see as of right now theres a not a lot of SF in EB, about a 40 man FC zerg though…and heres GoMs almighty zerg! lol

Yep that is one thing we need more of is daytime folks (NA daytime that is). One would think with summer we would have some kiddies on taking care of that…

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

for FC that size group usually competes with 30-40 man GoM Zergs and has a 50/50 chance of winning

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

The only thing I can speak to is what I see, and that is GoM flows to the path of least resistance. Meaning the times I’ve seen them pushing you guys (FC) on EB, is when you do not have adequate numbers or they have overwhelming numbers, the same goes for us.

If we push them off of a few attempts normally they go back to sieging from SM and pushing your 1/3 of the map. When we don’t have people they roll over our side, I have logged on to see us having nothing in EB while most of your 1/3 is still red. And in contrast, I have logged in to us having our 1/3 and you guys losing or lost all of yours. More than likely they either have only one commander on at some times, or they only have enough people to mount the big zergs one at a time that can clear 1/3 of EB. A lot of it (from both viewpoints) has to do with playtime and the scenario.

While I can’t speak for everyone, most people on GoM don’t seem to be taking this match up too seriously from what I see.

Its pretty much been all aboard the WXP train.

Props to that one female human ele commander from SF, I can’t remember the guild tag.

No matter how many times you get knocked down, you come back swinging.

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

(edited by Myst.5783)

in Match-ups

TeamBattleAxe.3901

While I can’t speak for everyone, most people on GoM don’t seem to be taking this match up too seriously from what I see.

Its pretty much been all aboard the WXP train.

It’s been tough to find roamers to fight this week, so I’ve been playing around on my lowbie instead. My new zergromancer is up to level 18!

in Match-ups

Sororita.3465

It’s been tough to find roamers to fight this week, so I’ve been playing around on my lowbie instead. My new zergromancer is up to level 18!

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Bandwagoner. With names like Count Zergula and Frankenzerg, Taquito and 2 other RH made identical looking necros.

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

Bandwagoner. With names like Count Zergula and Frankenzerg, Taquito and 2 other RH made identical looking necros.

-GASP- WHAT

Attachments:

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

in Match-ups

Sororita.3465

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

I have now found the only person who I can honestly say I dislike from GoM today. A commander who took his 30 man crew to wipe the 4 people dueling at the windmill. Commander Tyr Nornbear or something like that. Out of spite I will be killing every GoM solo player I see.

As for the rest of you wonderful GoMers I’ll see you roaming and maybe at fight night

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Match-ups

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Attachments:

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

Props to that one female human ele commander from SF, I can’t remember the guild tag.

No matter how many times you get knocked down, you come back swinging.

Probably gonna be a [CoSA] or [WMT] (walmart) tag, if it was the ugliest toon you ever saw with those awful dragon helm horns on then it was definitely a [WMT].

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Sororita.3465

a few screen shots of the action.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nordic Natedog.4360

Nordic Natedog.4360

I’m curious to know who the SF Major warrior that was roaming around FC’s borderland was today. He appeared to be a full zerker, hitting pretty hard, and then fleeing as good as an ele after downing a guy with other foes nearby. It seemed he liked to run and have a good laugh after doing so.

Mag (PA)
Figrin the Healer (Guard), Angelic Renae (Mes), Death by Figrin (Thief)

(edited by Nordic Natedog.4360)

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

I’m curious to know who the SF Major warrior that was roaming around FC’s borderland was today. He appeared to be a full zerker, hitting pretty hard, and then fleeing as good as an ele after downing a guy with other foes nearby. It seemed he liked to run and have a good laugh after doing so.

Was he a male Sylvari with a Legendary GS?

Pfft what am I even saying, if it was Palace none of you would have survived to even post in here…

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Darek.1836

Pfft what am I even saying, if it was Palace none of you would have survived to even post in here…

think I fought that guy a long time ago, he barely beat me. now that my build is around 20x better Id like to fight him again.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

think I fought that guy a long time ago, he barely beat me. now that my build is around 20x better Id like to fight him again.

I would tell you where to look for him, but:

A. Nobody knows
B. Once you did find him it would be too late for you

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Ynot.8397

A. Nobody knows

Challenge accepted.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

A. Nobody knows

Challenge accepted.

Attachments:

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

in Match-ups

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Sounds fun. What’s his character look like? I’ll try to catch his death on video if I haven’t already.

in Match-ups

Myst.5783

Probably gonna be a [CoSA] or [WMT] (walmart) tag, if it was the ugliest toon you ever saw with those awful dragon helm horns on then it was definitely a [WMT].

Yeah, it was the [WMT].

No matter how many times they get stomped they come right back for more. O_O

JQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Attack Robot.2619

Attack Robot.2619

Yeah, it was the [WMT].

No matter how many times they get stomped they come right back for more. O_O

Glad I made someone happy

Commanders Ararius(guardian) & Attack Robot (ele) [CoSA] SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: pita spoon.5708

pita spoon.5708

A. Nobody knows

I was at south camp of fc bl a little while ago. a zerker warrior came up to me and downed me.. but he didn’t finish me and went away.. npc guards healed me and I went back to him.. I beat him to within a spit of his life and he ran away. he came back with a necro and I killed the necro. I fought the warrior again and downed him and returned the favor and went away.. he kept trying to come back and get me but couldn’t get me down again.

good fights to you sir.

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
Let’s ask tootsie.

in Match-ups

Sororita.3465

Its thursday Styx!

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Its thursday Styx!

I am okay with this.

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nordic Natedog.4360

Nordic Natedog.4360

A. Nobody knows

I was at south camp of fc bl a little while ago. a zerker warrior came up to me and downed me.. but he didn’t finish me and went away.. npc guards healed me and I went back to him.. I beat him to within a spit of his life and he ran away. he came back with a necro and I killed the necro. I fought the warrior again and downed him and returned the favor and went away.. he kept trying to come back and get me but couldn’t get me down again.

good fights to you sir.

That sounds just like the guy I was seeing. He downed me the first time I faced him, but after that initial time he couldn’t get me low in health even. He even jumped me twice while I was facing a group of FC (once a 1v3 situation and the other 1v5).

Mag (PA)
Figrin the Healer (Guard), Angelic Renae (Mes), Death by Figrin (Thief)

in Match-ups

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

Its thursday Styx!

I am okay with this.

Thursday Shenanigans!

Attachments:

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

in Match-ups

Darek.1836

before everyone starts freaking out, I already reported the glitch into SM and how it’s done.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Match-ups

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

Dearly beloved GoM and SF,

y ur thread only 2 pages? I have never met you FC, but I’m sure you’re dandy as well.
I miss your smiling faces and your painful hammers and daggers.

~ moo

Attachments:

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

in Match-ups

Posted by: Colt.9051

Colt.9051

So… Any fight clubs tonight? Been having some nice duels/fights while roaming and would love to test out my ele and mesmer’s gear and build changes

Daeaera ~ Leader of Grape Justice! [FGJ]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Debois Guilbert.6413

Debois Guilbert.6413

Dearly beloved GoM and SF,

y ur thread only 2 pages? I have never met you FC, but I’m sure you’re dandy as well.
I miss your smiling faces and your painful hammers and daggers.

~ moo

Cuz wii kneed moar OP 4um oh mega golems.

FC was pushing us in GoM BL last night. Some screenshots:

1. Lake is ours…
2. …just in time.
3. Can we come in and burgle a bit?
4. We promise that we are not Wikipedia salesmen.

Attachments:

Altoholic Luciana Delaluna, Ranger
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness
“This space intentionally left blank.” ~ Zork

(edited by Debois Guilbert.6413)

in Match-ups

Ynot.8397

Duels on GoM’s border 8pm EST. South of Hero’s Lodge.

in Match-ups

Ynot.8397

What kind of jerks are all the SF and GoM who are killing me while I am in doll form SHOOTING FIREWORKS. WTF guys? You are terrible people. Teach your servers some basic WvW manners. I ran away from a guy for a minute before I turned around and spiked his kitten in doll form shooting fireworks.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jesse.4631

Jesse.4631

What kind of jerks are all the SF and GoM who are killing me while I am in doll form SHOOTING FIREWORKS. WTF guys? You are terrible people. Teach your servers some basic WvW manners. I ran away from a guy for a minute before I turned around and spiked his kitten in doll form shooting fireworks.

i’d kill you too lol mainy cause i don’t like you :o

Pink Sylvari FTW!

in Match-ups

Ynot.8397

If anyone actually comes to duels message me in game Y Not and I will get people to head over. No one seems to be there tonight.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devanuze.8734

Devanuze.8734

So, i was having a nice little dance party in some seige and decided to turn it into a naked zerg. After persuading people to “get nakid” with me we took a few camps and suddenly SM was attacked

Thanks for the fun, i was really starting to get bored

Attachments:

Moose Mickelson. Golfing at its finest

in Match-ups

Posted by: pita spoon.5708

pita spoon.5708

I let you spike me.. cause it was funny.

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
Let’s ask tootsie.

in Match-ups

Ynot.8397

I let you spike me.. cause it was funny.

I wasn’t talking about you! But it was pretty funny

in Match-ups

Myst.5783

Well almost that time to roll the wheel again.

By the gods may we get HoD, or maybe even a challenging match-up to keep the week interesting.

JQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tootsie.5217

Tootsie.5217

Was fun guise! Hope to see each other again soon!