6/28 HoD/AR/DH

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Panic.1862

Panic.1862

Twas just being polite. Had some good fights on the HoD side.

I’ll Admit PvDooring AR’s side was lame.

Stormbluff Isle
Dark Covenant [DC] Fear Him [FEAR] All Glass No Cannon [Oops]

(edited by Panic.1862)

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

Starts a slow clap for the 2 AR assaulters in DH’s Borderlands, I believe from a guild with the initials CoD, who decided to use 2 golems to try and take the paper bluebriar by themselves, unguarded by allies, who then were killed once they finally got the door open, which was then immediately repaired with supplies on site. Best 200 supplies and 2 gold spent

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: kurath.9406

kurath.9406

Starts a slow clap for the 2 AR assaulters in DH’s Borderlands, I believe from a guild with the initials CoD, who decided to use 2 golems to try and take the paper bluebriar by themselves, unguarded by allies, who then were killed once they finally got the door open, which was then immediately repaired with supplies on site. Best 200 supplies and 2 gold spent

Should be flat out applauding them. WvW is way more interesting and dynamic when people are trying out crazy things all over the place. Plus, lets be honest, 99.99% of players never once spent money on a siege golem – between JPs and random drops, most people have more than they will use.

Genesis Theory [GT] – HoD

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Panic.1862

Should be flat out applauding them. WvW is way more interesting and dynamic when people are trying out crazy things all over the place. Plus, lets be honest, 99.99% of players never once spent money on a siege golem – between JPs and random drops, most people have more than they will use.

I agree with this 100%

Stormbluff Isle

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Agriope.4523

Agriope.4523

Hello, new frenemies.

Does Darkhaven or Henge have any roaming guilds? Serious question.

I’ve been moving so I haven’t had a chance to see how this matchup is shaking out for myself, but soon, very soon….

Agriope – Purple hair’d menace.
Violent Tendency [vT]; twitch.tv/agriope & YouTube Agriope
#ProfessionalNomad

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Panic.1862

Hello, new frenemies.

I’ve been moving so I haven’t had a chance to see how this matchup is shaking out for myself, but soon, very soon….

Well, Abyss has a group of people who roam on a regular basis, and we also have our zerg ball.

Stormbluff Isle

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: SuicideByTaco.5408

SuicideByTaco.5408

I’d like to thank HoD for being so kind to allow us into SM, their corner of EB, and their entire BL tonight, much appreciated.

Also shout out to AR for allowing us to have their corner o EB as well.

Good fights tonight guys.

OMG U MEAN THE SM THAT LOST U ZERG AFTER ZERG AFTER ZERG!!! OOOMMMGGGG!!! U MUST BE SO AWESOME!!! I MEAN WE HAD IT FOR A LONG TIME AND DEFENDING IT WITH THE 20 PEEPS THAT WE HAD AND THE 50+ THAT TOOK U TO TAKE IT U MUST BE SO PROUD!!! I MEAN 20 v 50+ AND U STILL LOSE OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!!! ….. but in all seriousness trolling aside this has been extremely fun on HoD’s side we havn’t had some practice against 3 to 1 odds in awhile and it’s nice to see what the larger servers go through on a weekly basis our excitement has never been higher with the constant map chat on our side with people astonished with the insane victory’s they accomplish against much larger groups than theirs. There have been times when I see the occasional new uplvled noobish wvw player on our side stake a few baddies on the ground and jump up for joy afterwards and believe me nothing is more comical than seeing that in a wvw map ^^

Also a shout out to the leet roaming groups that AR has I have encountered a few and it’s nice to see that even in a zerg server the skills of ur single players have not diminished and look forward to seeing u more in action u guys r the heart of AR and have nothing but respect for u so if I die by ur hands it would be an honor if u sit on my face afterwards… what can I say i’m a fan with a weird face sitting fetish >> so take it easy on the little guy we so little!! ><

Attachments:

HoD Ninja Commander
ASTC
Dementess 80 Mesmer/ Payneless 80 guardian/ Nhymphess 80 thief/ Enamoress 80 ele

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Panic.1862

I’d like to thank HoD for being so kind to allow us into SM, their corner of EB, and their entire BL tonight, much appreciated.

Also shout out to AR for allowing us to have their corner o EB as well.

Good fights tonight guys.

OMG U MEAN THE SM THAT LOST U ZERG AFTER ZERG AFTER ZERG!!! OOOMMMGGGG!!! U MUST BE SO AWESOME!!! I MEAN WE HAD IT FOR A LONG TIME AND DEFENDING IT WITH THE 20 PEEPS THAT WE HAD AND THE 50+ THAT TOOK U TO TAKE IT U MUST BE SO PROUD!!! I MEAN 20 v 50+ AND U STILL LOSE OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!!! ….. but in all seriousness trolling aside this has been extremely fun on HoD’s side we havn’t had some practice against 3 to 1 odds in awhile and it’s nice to see what the larger servers go through on a weekly basis our excitement has never been higher with the constant map chat on our side with people astonished with the insane victory’s they accomplish against much larger groups than theirs. There have been times when I see the occasional new uplvled noobish wvw player on our side stake a few baddies on the ground and jump up for joy afterwards and believe me nothing is more comical than seeing that in a wvw map ^^

Also a shout out to the leet roaming groups that AR has I have encountered a few and it’s nice to see that even in a zerg server the skills of ur single players have not diminished and look forward to seeing u more in action u guys r the heart of AR and have nothing but respect for u so if I die by ur hands it would be an honor if u sit on my face afterwards… what can I say i’m a fan with a weird face sitting fetish >> so take it easy on the little guy we so little!! ><

I agree, all forum warrior trolling aside this match up has been pretty fun so far I’m excited to see how things go later in the week, should be interesting.

I will say that I am a bit disappointed that AR lost a significant amount of their WvW guilds since we last met, would of been nice to have a rematch with the AR that we played last.

Stormbluff Isle

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: kurath.9406

kurath.9406

Hello, new frenemies.

Henge has a number of roaming guilds – most of them, really. The two that tend to get the most attention are KoM and PAXA for their in-your-face attitude both in game and on the boards. Besides that though, I can’t think of a major guild on HoD that doesn’t have its contingents of roamers. Its a lot more in the culture in the lower tiers so AR may get to see more of it if they don’t rally from their player losses. Mind you, I’m definitely not saying its not a bad thing at all and for those of us who like the small fights, the sneak attacks, guerilla tactics and general unpredictability its great.

DH too has some groups, I’m not as familiar anymore with them as its been a long time since we’ve fought them but I definitely recall them about. You’ll just have a harder time finding them out on their own because they generally just have a lot more people running around.

Anyway, when you get a chance to get in the match, keep an eye out for us (GT). We have a number of people who do solo roaming to small groups/random tasks starting from about noon NA time. Hopefully we’ll have more opportunities to fight the pvps from AR if we can get DH to stop smashing us both.

Genesis Theory [GT] – HoD

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

Come at me bro!

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

Where are you HoD?

I miss you. :’(

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

Come at me bro!

Oh… God… the PAXA are unleashed… RUN!!!!

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

Come at me bro!

Oh… God… the PAXA are unleashed… RUN!!!!

Attachments:

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Agriope.4523

I was looking forward to seeing some of these “in your face roamers” as it’s been decidedly lacking since AR had eBay. I’ll try not to judge too harsh based on today’s encounters. Single person vs. single person, so you run to the cannons and guards? Wut?

#ProfessionalNomad

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: obastable.5231

obastable.5231

^ pretty common. sad … but common.

Hello Kitty Krewe
“Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare!”

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: CornChips.5392

CornChips.5392

I was looking forward to seeing some of these “in your face roamers” as it’s been decidedly lacking since AR had eBay. I’ll try not to judge too harsh based on today’s encounters. Single person vs. single person, so you run to the cannons and guards? Wut?

Agriope, you missed our gvg the other day! Ask Thorp about it.

CornChips | Sylvari Guardian |
Dvaita Vedanta | Human Mesmer|
The Fluttering Horde [TFH] | CD

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Agriope.4523

Aw man, sad I missed it :[

#ProfessionalNomad

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

I honestly cant count the number of times I thought it was just one person, only to find it was actually the lone straggler who didnt get to the veil in time, lol.

“Ooh! A nice duel!”

30 team mates appear out of thin air

“Uh oh.”

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thorson.9218

Thorson.9218

I will say that I am a bit disappointed that AR lost a significant amount of their WvW guilds

Not nearly as disappointed as we are.

Rebuilding will be a slow process….. :-(

Come to us, you foes, and bring your flock.
For we will crush your bones on the Anvil Rock!

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sinester.3572

Sinester.3572

that guy he have been getting inside our places too and destroying our trebs …..

HOD Comander

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

Understandable, and while sure it was a neat idea.

Its execution was terrible.

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Miss Firesss.3704

Miss Firesss.3704

Oh yes, fun times.

Attachments:

[Abys]

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: KTDannyCZ.2910

KTDannyCZ.2910

Journal. Day 35. They still think I am one of them. They are beginning to grow suspicious. Tomorrow I will try to mate with one of them. End Journal

Attachments:

(edited by KTDannyCZ.2910)

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Miss Firesss.3704

Miss Firesss.3704

HAHAHAHA!

Sorry if the pugs killed or tried killing you. We told them over and over to stop.

[Abys]

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Journal. Day 35. They still think I am one of them. They are beginning to grow suspicious. Tomorrow I will try to mate with one of them. End Journal

I would love to see the chat on the OTHER side of this bit of espionage…

[img]http://farm1.staticflickr.com/6/8435613_e7b7d6a755.jpg[/img]

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

GT: Not “as dumb as pugs”

Mission accomplished.

Attachments:

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

No suspicions. Utter acceptance. Proceed with espionage. Mating… only if you’ve washed your fur lately.

Attachments:

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: KTDannyCZ.2910

KTDannyCZ.2910

No suspicions. Utter acceptance. Proceed with espionage. Mating… only if you’ve washed your fur lately.

hahahaha I love it all

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Novability.4718

Novability.4718

so… is anyone else playing WvW, besides Darhaven i mean… no resistance.

[TE] StormBluff Isle
Novability | X Novability X
“Retreat? Hell we just got here”

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

Sometimes, I get the feeling I’m the last guy left on AR
Doesn’t help I’m a part of the elusive “night crew”.

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Panic.1862

Sometimes, I get the feeling I’m the last guy left on AR
Doesn’t help I’m a part of the elusive “night crew”.

Come on over to DH. \o/

Stormbluff Isle

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: torridstoic.7492

torridstoic.7492

HAHAHAHA!

Sorry if the pugs killed or tried killing you. We told them over and over to stop.

Actually, he was killed by that [Abys] Assaulter on the dock in picture 3. I cried.

At The Vanguard.
Golemhaven [Van] – mesmer | guardian

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thorp.7982

Thorp.7982

Yeah, [TFH] kicking kitten GvG — but I believe it was against SBI. I feel like GvGs or duels are the only action we’re really going to get against these servers. I definitely miss fighting Ehmry also, but it’s not like we’ll be seeing them again anytime soon.

Very tired of everyone I see either waypointing from an even or advantageous fight in their favor, or ALT-F4ing once I have started fighting them.

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shanks R Us.2489

Shanks R Us.2489

Yeah, [TFH] kicking kitten GvG — but I believe it was against SBI. I feel like GvGs or duels are the only action we’re really going to get against these servers. I definitely miss fighting Ehmry also, but it’s not like we’ll be seeing them again anytime soon.

Very tired of everyone I see either waypointing from an even or advantageous fight in their favor, or ALT-F4ing once I have started fighting them.

Yup, gotta say, am pretty disappointed by HoD lately. Seems everyone is terrified to step more than a few feet away from their zerg & have had multiple waypoint away when I ran up to them alone.

Zane The Clever – Asuran Engineer
Roaming Video 3Roaming Video 41v7 in WvW with engineer

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Da Sonic.6521

Yup, gotta say, am pretty disappointed by HoD lately. Seems everyone is terrified to step more than a few feet away from their zerg & have had multiple waypoint away when I ran up to them alone.

Well, I guess that’s one thing I’ll give DH. They sure don’t map out when they bring ten people to fight our 5man group of 60% uplevels. Doesn’t seem to help them much though.

Ah well, great xp.

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Well, I guess that’s one thing I’ll give DH. They sure don’t map out when they bring ten people to fight our 5man group of 60% uplevels. Doesn’t seem to help them much though.

Ah well, great xp.

Why does someone always have to take the kitten when the thread was considerably more friendly before this post?

Anyways, good times last night in WvW, although a few “happy ranchers” decided to rope and ride a few red yaks, most were happy to graze with their fellow cattle.

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Da Sonic.6521

Why does someone always have to take the kitten when the thread was considerably more friendly before this post?

Anyways, good times last night in WvW, although a few “happy ranchers” decided to rope and ride a few red yaks, most were happy to graze with their fellow cattle.

Yeah, my post was the turning point, and I totally wasn’t responding to someone else badmouthing an entire server.

Attachments:

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: torridstoic.7492

torridstoic.7492

Shanks is on AR, not DH. Good response, though, I’m sure you showed him.

At The Vanguard.
Golemhaven [Van] – mesmer | guardian

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Da Sonic.6521

Shanks is on AR, not DH. Good response, though, I’m sure you showed him.

I was going to make a long post, ultimately ending in a half joke, half truth that would make a few people chuckle and others furious, but I think this joke is a bit funnier:

An AR walks into a bar and complains about people waypointing out.

Heh, get it?

Attachments:

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

…. is it cause they have no waypoints? Seriously though… I’ve been trying to figure this out for 30minutes.. I logged into WvW just to check <.<

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aratoa.7398

Aratoa.7398

My goodness, DH/AR players sure are cowardly. They are ALWAYS running from me and thus I’m going to post a broad generalization about how they are all wusses who run if they aren’t in a giant zerg ball. They also are all terrible players and I’m sure are very ugly in real life.

Am I doing it right?

Audun

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gcostanza.2086

Gcostanza.2086

Great Fighting Yesterday. Outnumbered but not outplayed. HoD played well.

Ghostbusters INC SBI. Death is but a door , time is but a window, Ill be back.
Engineer Main

(edited by Gcostanza.2086)

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

I have to thank all the AR players that have been out the last few days. I haven’t been a full time commander in a long time, and the militia makes it a very forgiving process to get back into. So to all of the players who have followed me, a big thank you. And remember it’s not “Oh no, Outmanned”, it’s “A target rich environment without repairs”. AR players have been really great overall during the transition, I look forward to seeing how much better we can become as a team.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

I honestly cant count the number of times I thought it was just one person, only to find it was actually the lone straggler who didnt get to the veil in time, lol.

“Ooh! A nice duel!”

30 team mates appear out of thin air

“Uh oh.”

yea, i’ve noticed this tactic this week on a number of occasions… its interesting to see new things from lower tier teams (now that that’s where were are).

honestly… what does this do for you? hide your numbers for 6 seconds? and that gets your what? 6 seconds of surprise on your enemy?

wow. what a pointless tactic. part of having a large zerg is to threaten with numbers, this does just the opposite of that.

good bye logic and reason, maybe that’s why it took most of our wvw population leaving for DH to pass our wvw score… sad.

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Steve Whitley.8359

[vt] aren’t posting negative comments
a few of them are a more duel-ish type of vVv participants
they aren’t a mindless kill-on-sight group, though

so no, it’s not negative comments coming from Anvil
that’s just their play style

they aren’t mindless kill on sight… they just kill on sight

they’re pretty mindful about doing it from what i’ve seen! and have done it to larger and more skilled quantities than what either of these two bring (when they’re all playing together).

secessit viri bellatores

(edited by Steve Whitley.8359)

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

yea, i’ve noticed this tactic this week on a number of occasions… its interesting to see new things from lower tier teams (now that that’s where were are).

honestly… what does this do for you? hide your numbers for 6 seconds? and that gets your what? 6 seconds of surprise on your enemy?

wow. what a pointless tactic. part of having a large zerg is to threaten with numbers, this does just the opposite of that.

good bye logic and reason, maybe that’s why it took most of our wvw population leaving for DH to pass our wvw score… sad.

Hiding your troops movement isnt even remotely pointless, its actually quite effective!

As someone who roams a decent amount, it can be a bit annoying, but the reasoning behind it is sound.

And usually… its not just one mes, but they are chaining stealth to constantly hide movement. You might see one or two, that werent able to get the stealth applied, but thats ok.

So, its very logical and very reasonable to do this. Being able to hide mass amounts of your people to scouts is a very smart thing to do. Doesnt make it less annoying to a roamer, but its a completely valid and useful tactic whether it is to hide overall movement, or hide a flank in the middle of a battle.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Last night in HoD’s bay was absolutely nuts. After the initial take, the hold we had against that gigantic HoD zerg until reinforcements got there was a blast. Fun fights guys, you pushed us back after we got your treb and even made it through the inner door ha. The untonic’d herd came to our rescue just in time!!

DH Yak’s Bend – Perfect Dark [PD]
Dr Hoppenheimer – Engi / Meowzir – Guard /
Mulcibur Nox – Ele / Mr Directed – Mes

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Steve Whitley.8359

Hiding your troops movement isnt even remotely pointless, its actually quite effective!

As someone who roams a decent amount, it can be a bit annoying, but the reasoning behind it is sound.

And usually… its not just one mes, but they are chaining stealth to constantly hide movement. You might see one or two, that werent able to get the stealth applied, but thats ok.

So, its very logical and very reasonable to do this. Being able to hide mass amounts of your people to scouts is a very smart thing to do. Doesnt make it less annoying to a roamer, but its a completely valid and useful tactic whether it is to hide overall movement, or hide a flank in the middle of a battle.

no, its pointless, because the moment you attack something… what happens? big orange swords appear on the map.. so.. everybody knows youre there. stealth does nothing to hide you other than 6 seconds hiding.

I’ve seen stack / cloak during a skirmish but not while roaming (doesn’t make sense and I think you guys missed the short bus there but that’s my opinion i guess). you guys confuse the hell out of me, kind of like how you took valley last night in less time than it took to put swords on it with no siege (going to catch that flying mesmer or door glitcher, but i guess that’s a conversation for another time)… a truly amazing bunch that i’m not sure quite gets is, but has been fun to play nonetheless.

secessit viri bellatores

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

“Large zergs” “threaten by numbers”. I guess stealthing a force is not logical or tactical, let’s just add more people and thump our chest because we will just outnumber them and call ourselves “tactical”. In fact, let’s stop using any skills in our skill slots and just get more people and just out zerg zergs. Group play be kitten .

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Steve Whitley.8359

I have to thank all the AR players that have been out the last few days. I haven’t been a full time commander in a long time, and the militia makes it a very forgiving process to get back into. So to all of the players who have followed me, a big thank you. And remember it’s not “Oh no, Outmanned”, it’s “A target rich environment without repairs”. AR players have been really great overall during the transition, I look forward to seeing how much better we can become as a team.

Its been a very frustrating past month or two. Either have enough and roll on to DB with the rest of the folks that played with us, or roll up our sleeves call out the troops and see what we can’t do down here in the lower tiers.

I Can’t say how nice it is to see familiar commanders (who stuck around) tagging up again. It was nice to run with you last night. Here’s to many more!

secessit viri bellatores