6/7 DragonBrand/Blackgate/Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: IBountyHunterI.4601

IBountyHunterI.4601

The fights are kind of fun in T1..kinda.

But the forum wars make me lose brain cells with every post I read.

Help

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I’m sure theres a lot of people on JQ and all matters of servers that don’t like TW being on JQ ATM, but I have to give credit where credit is due, they’ve been putting in work!

I don’t think people remember several months ago when Free Transfers were still around and people and guilds would hop around servers weekly on EU and NA looking for better fights, just because they could.

Can’t blame anyone for wanting to come to this matchup, the fights thus far have been phenomenal. I’m sure its a lot better than facing off against two demoralized T1 servers for another tedious week. Still haven’t encountered a lot of DB myself but theres hordes of Blackgate to fight on every map, its been enjoyable.

If random mismatches are the future of WvW, touring might just become a trend once again. Seems to me stacking servers has become an obsolete meta.

Don’t know what I’m talking about? Wait till you’re facing Eregon Terrace and Hendge of Denravi for a week.. Theres so many of us piled onto SoR, BG and JQ now that there isn’t much of anyone left for the other servers.

I was thinking the same thing myself today…people can go on about how great their server community is all day.. but when it comes down to WvW guilds, enjoying the game with your guild > server loyalty, pretty much every single time without fail

If ANet is going to keep throwing these bizzarre matchups at 21/24 of the NA servers (I don’t know enough about the EU side to know what’s going on there) they should open up free transfers to lower populated servers or discount the gem price to “Highly” populated servers and let people shop around and actually enjoy the game.

I humbly disagree on the generalization that was made. Myself and many others on JQ are fiercely loyal to the realm. Regardless of what the randomization brings i know many of us will stay put in JQ and ride it out.

Idk man, I was on HoD, I was on SBI, when a server is faced with big problems.. the majority of hardcore guilds will look at what is best for the long term growth and enjoyment of their guild over everything else.

I wasn’t really referring to any JQ players, because things are a lot different for us ATM than they have been for past T1 servers and guilds. Also there is really no reason for any of the WvW guilds on JQ to transfer off, and quite honestly nowhere to go thats worth going too. JQ is in great spot still in terms of our opponents and the cooperation among guilds on the server.

Ah yes. HoD. You are right to say that a total collapse of the wvw population in a server has occurred before, you are also right to note JQ is in a great spot. If only we had a great EU guild transfer over, it would be awesome. *Redguard, /wink /wink

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

Ya people get a little wound and vent in the forums.
Just recognize that person represents only their own opinion and not the server’s.
If it is a complete flame post, simply report it. It’ll go away and you can feel better because you saved a few people some brain cells.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

Ya people get a little wound and vent in the forums.
Just recognize that person represents only their own opinion and not the server’s.
If it is a complete flame post, simply report it. It’ll go away and you can feel better because you saved a few people some brain cells.

But you can never get your time back, nor your brain cells. Ever.

T1 threads are where dreams go to die.

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

thing is no one really needs to come to thes forums to get the score update they can just check mos. Almost every game I have played with competitive pvp the forums r always full of trolls or flaming

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

SykkoB.9465

r u sure they r on bg permanently ?? remember foe and agg went to bg then left. So again r u sure they r there to stay ??

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jyeoi.6027

Jyeoi.6027

Wanted to say this last week but if [AGG] is the best ya got DB.

You are not prepared.

Yulo – Champions of Stormbluff [SBI]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

You are not prepared.

k.

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

You are not prepared.

Hey, thanks for stopping by and telling something we’ve known for days now. Hope your response time is much quicker than this on the battlefield.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Match-ups

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

Yep, T1 thread will blow your mind. Hurry, run away from here.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

My lunchtime is almost over and as always, as per tradition we shall have who is who.

JQ = Ryu
BG = Vega
DB = Ken

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evilliquorz.1360

Evilliquorz.1360

My lunchtime is almost over and as always, as per tradition we shall have who is who.

JQ = Ryu
BG = Vega
DB = Ken

Just LOL !

[MGR] Ma Gu Ri : Homeless

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

They would’ve gotten more fight if they transferred to DB. So obviously they didn’t want too little or too much fight, just the right amount. JQ is the Goldilocks server of this match up.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

This is an awesome view…

I’m guessing that that fight did not go so well for JQ… I’ve seen that [Agg] ball of torment in action… DB…I miss you guys.

There. I said it.

Actually [Agg] have been wiped many times so far this match up by BG guilds and by JQ guilds. Not putting Agg down, they are definitely very good at what they do, but there are also many other guilds that are excellent too.

By coming into our forum and stating “I’m guessing that that fight did not go so well for JQ” is only bait for flaming and QQs. There is already enough of that in this forums and it’s disgusting. So I kindly ask that you don’t write posts in our thread that will fuel the fire of hate even further in this match up… especially considering you aren’t even in this match up.

Thanks for the fights today TW, a lot of fun had.

I was speaking to the fact that JQ was spread all over the place in that shot and Agg was in their “ball of pain” formation. Agg also clearly outnumbered JQ.

In that shot…I’d put money on Agg. :P It wasn’t a troll. Just an observation.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

This is an awesome view…

I’m guessing that that fight did not go so well for JQ… I’ve seen that [Agg] ball of torment in action… DB…I miss you guys.

There. I said it.

Actually [Agg] have been wiped many times so far this match up by BG guilds and by JQ guilds. Not putting Agg down, they are definitely very good at what they do, but there are also many other guilds that are excellent too.

By coming into our forum and stating “I’m guessing that that fight did not go so well for JQ” is only bait for flaming and QQs. There is already enough of that in this forums and it’s disgusting. So I kindly ask that you don’t write posts in our thread that will fuel the fire of hate even further in this match up… especially considering you aren’t even in this match up.

I was speaking to the fact that JQ was spread all over the place in that shot and Agg was in their “ball of pain” formation. Agg also clearly outnumbered JQ.

I was there, and yes AGG did outnumber us by a lot, and they still lost the fight.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

They would’ve gotten more fight if they transferred to DB. So obviously they didn’t want too little or too much fight, just the right amount. JQ is the Goldilocks server of this match up.

If I were TW I would have gone to JQ either way because

A) DB offers new guilds to fight
B) I can still get the large scale 24/7 fights from BG

If TW went to DB it would just be like the Tier 1 days again, except their teammates aren’t tsym, choo, fear, lun, hel, hl, ect.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wilco.1458

Wilco.1458

Awesome fights on EB from [SG]

http://www.twitch.tv/drwilco
Wilco Tango Foxtrot #lifting #hardwork

in Match-ups

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

My head is spinning trying to figure out what the heck everyone is going on about! Let’s have fun! And, I was very pleased to have run with some of TW tonight on JQ BL.

I posted an idea about WvW here. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Should-WvW-ever-have-been/first#post2139531
It’s basically asking if worlds should even be fighting. Or, if we should be joining as individuals into a Legion to fight the larger scale battles. To me, the world should be where you reside and do your PvE. A legion should exist’s in the Mist.

TY UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420 for the Goldilocks compliment. Because I think we are, just right With room for more! lol

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Match-ups

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

This is an awesome view…

There. I said it.

I was there, and yes AGG did outnumber us by a lot, and they still lost the fight.

we didn’t outnumber you, but yes, we lost the fight.
Fighting a server next to spawn isn’t easy to win.

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

This is an awesome view…

There. I said it.

Someone already beat you to the story… JQ was outnumbered in that screenshot and Agg lost once JQ reinforcements showed up.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

Awesome fights on EB from [SG]

Yes thanks for all the fun fights DB and BG today. DB bl was a little stale so we switched to EB, and we were not disappointed.

/Salute

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

If there is one thing that this match up has taught me, is how stacked the tier 1 servers are compared to tier 2.

Match ups like this are going to be very common from now on, I think we’d all have more fun if some of the guilds on tier 1 servers moved to DB, TC, SoS, and FA.

If you’re an American guild in look for a new home, Sea of Sorrows has a very small American population, by far the smallest of the top 7 servers. But it is still the unofficial Oceanic Server, and despite several server splits in the past, it still has a very large and friendly Oceanic player base.

Fort Aspenwood, Dragonband and Tarnished Coast could benefit from a few American guilds as well as SEA.

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Mance.5640

I’m glad SG is not on an overstacked server currently. JQ is in the best spot for good fights with the current matchups. Although we still are outnumbered NA.

But our NA has massive balls of steel! Coupled with Flakes implements of sexual torture and Waha’s magical bald head, we’ll always be ok.

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

aww so no one here misses SoR? ; ))

this seems to be a fun match. would love to see more videos plsssss.
go get ’em DB! hoping to play against you guys one day as well. heh

good luck all!

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

Nobody, not anyone in T1, T2, nor T3 – T8, is surprised by what DB is doing against T1 servers. Well maybe 0.01% of DB is surprised about how bad we’re doing, and those are the ones that trolled the T1 forums and JQ LA weeks ago.

You guys have been in the T1 matchup so long you may have lost some perspective. You can ask SoR, TC, and SoS now…T1 is a different beast, and nobody outside of T1 has a chance. So should T1 servers feel so great about beating DB down? No, I think they should feel bad for letting us have even +1 PPT.

I look at this a different way. I am very pleased with how well Db is doing when we are outside of SEA prime time. There have been times during euro where we have pushed the PPT to over +200 this reset weekend which is generally our worst time zone. During NA prime we have held a decent PPT for a T2 server as well at times.

I appreciate how TW didnt come to Db to mess our glicko up even more after last weeks match.

along the lines of what I posted previously….

I would like to point out that Db managed to take Stone Mist Castle 2 times tonight while holding our 3rd. Well done underdogs.

Not down playign you, but I commanded in EBG for 9 hours today and I can tell you at one time I ordered that my guys in EB hold off JQ and let DB cap SM. Why? Becuase I knew I could take it back 3 minutes after you took it, which I did.

Now the other time you took it some new blood Commander let QL and Durious and SM fall, which promoted JQ trouncing him for 30 minutes as he froze in place at the site of JQ.

Although great fights tonight in EB, especially to the 50+ man zerg JQ had about 3 hours ago that we fought and killed 3/4 of them before they retreated back to Anz. Thanks for the bags and great fights all around from JQ and no offense some to DB. Although I will say I like going over and putting DB in time out every time they come over and get a wild hair up their bum.

Lastly I am sure plenty of JQ can tell you at least when I command I don’t do the 2v1 I interupted JQ’s hostile take over of DB territory twice tonight. I even got hell from one of our fair weather guilds saying I shouldn’t attack JQ since they are attacking DB and they are double teaming them with us. My response was,

No I am here for the fights, Both Jq and Us have wiped each other all day, Unlike some fair weather commanders I am not goign to let them take things to make kitten easier for us.

So I salute DB for all your valient attemtps and I salute you JQ for all the great fights we had today

Lord Kaimick Commander of Ruin BlackGate

in Match-ups

Posted by: luniprincess.3162

luniprincess.3162

We are very enjoy the party.

I was born to try
The Friends of Voltaire[TFV]
We will make you proud,Dragonbrand

(edited by luniprincess.3162)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexxed.8023

Hexxed.8023

Need not to argue much about TW transferring to JQ. From my point of view, they are just love drama, they want their existence in tier 1 that they so obsessed and spent gold to transfer. It is really okay, they only give a bad name to themselves and embarass JQ www players. well, both two servers probably won`t care but we all know and witness this biggest joke in www history.
So what if this week JQ lost with the help of the strongest guild fron sor? Will that be BG/DB >SOR+JQ? What if they won? that means JQ couldn`t win without SOR. win or lose, it doesn`t benefit JQ, BG and DB should be happy about that. No matter what the result is, the loser will never be any of this two servers.
TW, nice play, do you really hate JQ that much? I hate JQ but I never really thought of coming up with such a brilliant idea. I would rather fight fair and square tho.

You talk too much kid. What is your guild tag so I know who to single out and smash their thick skulls against your walls you instantly try to run behind.

We Play In The [Nude] | Châmpion Wulfa/Gogo | JQ | http://nude.guildlaunch.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: chern.8569

chern.8569

DB is a server like JQ,
with good Sea presence, lots of pugs, and most importantly, it seems DB has more organized wvw guilds than JQ.
Both server do have lots of similarities.
To be honest, they do have the number to compete with T1 server(well, people will show up less when they are losing), but they are kind of inexperienced,
so all DB needed is more experience or maybe a good T1 WvW guild to lead them, once they have that, they could turn into a real dragon.

(edited by chern.8569)

in Match-ups

Mance.5640

Everyone has more organized wvw guilds than JQ… just not as sexy.

“so all DB needed is more experience or maybe a good T1 WvW guild to lead them, once they have that, they could turn into a real dragon.”

Didn’t RE (180 member wvw guild) from JQ transfer over to DB several weeks ago?

Also MISTER Lord Kaimick Commander of Ruin BlackGate…stop interrupting our DB stomping in EB! -[SG]

in Match-ups

SykkoB.9465

mance I think he either forgot that RE was on JQ same with fire and omen or he is calling them bad he wasn’t clear on this

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: chern.8569

chern.8569

mance I think he either forgot that RE was on JQ same with fire and omen or he is calling them bad he wasn’t clear on this

yup, this
We all know that most JQ guilds (other than sea timezone wvw guilds) are baddie anyway

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

DB is a server like JQ,
with good Sea presence, lots of pugs, and most importantly, it seems DB has more organized wvw guilds than JQ.
To be honest, they do have the number to compete with T1 server(well, people will show up less when they are losing), but they are kind of inexperienced,
so all DB needed is more experience or maybe a good T1 WvW guild to lead them, once they have that, they could turn into a real dragon.

My rl friend from BG points out that while his server had queues in all four maps early last night, DB only had a queue in EB (barely). No no presence at all in BG BL.
We still lack all around numbers compared to the T1 servers and roll with too many farewathers. It kind of sucks.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kelvingts.2035

Kelvingts.2035

Everyone has more organized wvw guilds than JQ… just not as sexy.

“so all DB needed is more experience or maybe a good T1 WvW guild to lead them, once they have that, they could turn into a real dragon.”

Didn’t RE (180 member wvw guild) from JQ transfer over to DB several weeks ago?

Also MISTER Lord Kaimick Commander of Ruin BlackGate…stop interrupting our DB stomping in EB! -[SG]

RE transferred into DB to “assist” it’s organization, they came in respectfully.

Kelvingts – Human Warrior
Adventurethyme [BMO] , Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Mance.5640

I for one, am shocked and appalled that some “sophtspoken” gamer would choose to use such vulgar language in a match-up thread.

For the sake of the free world I demand action be taken at once to clean up this vile cesspool of a thread, and that all DB holdings be forfeit to JQ for the remainder of the match!

Disgusting!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

We’re not doing too poorly in our bl tonight. JQ gave us the night off. =D

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

DB is a server like JQ,

My rl friend from BG points out that while his server had queues in all four maps early last night, DB only had a queue in EB (barely). No no presence at all in BG BL.
We still lack all around numbers compared to the T1 servers and roll with too many farewathers. It kind of sucks.

~ Kovu

Sunday is DB’s slowest day, always has been but I agree the amount of fair weathers are horrid. This up coming week, I’m sure we will have 3 or 4 queued maps again.

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

!!!!! @ 4:30-4:40

Wiping both zergs is sooooooooooooo fun.

in Match-ups

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

This match up has gone off the seriously weird end fer realz. I was having so much fun. THEN, I started having even more fun. I don’t like this….

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Lots of text

I am sorry you feel that way. Here is a hug from me to you <3

!!!!

What did you guys do to covenn?!!

Jayne! I missed you.

You definitely get a big hug from me. XoXoXoXo

On a side note, I am enjoying coming back home to JQ temporarily. I also enjoy seeing that BGs NA crew seems to be playing again. Keep up the good fights everyone.

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

Need not to argue much about TW transferring to JQ. From my point of view, they are just love drama, they want their existence in tier 1 that they so obsessed and spent gold to transfer.

Friend, you really should read the patch notes. There are no longer tiers and the weekly match ups are partially determined by a random number generator. There are still server rankings however.

Anyways, I am available for hugs if it will help.

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

Going to DB would have unfairly influenced their glicko rating. Going to JQ didn’t really change anything. Think about that for a second. Add in that much of TW is from JQ originally and still has friends there…. pretty much a no brainer.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

Going to DB would have unfairly influenced their glicko rating. Going to JQ didn’t really change anything. Think about that for a second. Add in that much of TW is from JQ originally and still has friends there…. pretty much a no brainer.

Also, DB has many more guilds willing to GvG and we don’t see them very often. The conspiracy doesn’t really go beyond that, much to the chagrin of many here I’m sure.

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

I do love a good conspiracy though Burl. I look absolutely striking in my tin foil hat. It really brings out the blue in my eyes.

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

Many? I think like three people posted about it, and mine I did for lols. I just thought it was funny they couldn’t bear to be without us for even one week!

Every week is random, I just find it funny they started a precedence one day after being away to flip servers to look for match ups. Especially with this new system, there is no way of telling what will happen the next week, so waiting it out seems the better option.

Still their gold, their choice, just pointing out the hilarity of it. No conspiracy theories here.

in Match-ups

Posted by: AvengerCap.7983

AvengerCap.7983

The only conspiracy is that there is a conspiracy to not conspire.

Bestet Spiritpaws – 80 Charr Guardian
Bestet A – 80 Asura Necromancer
[RET] – Retribution

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I ran around with Indo and took some camps last night. Reminded me of my SoR days. Enjoy your stay, guys, whatever the reason you decided to have a little fun and come to JQ, it’s definitely kept things…interesting, to say the least. And these forums are blowing up! Whoa! You know, BG, if you don’t want Indo to play the game his way, stop giving SoR so many bags. They must get a ton of bags to have that gold, right? Ahahaha

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

(edited by Chopps.5047)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Az z.2746

Az z.2746

Being from SoR, and even knowing TW will be coming back, I would rather face a motived TW as enemy, than a have a demotived TW as ally. Anyway, I just hope I can fight them before the comeback, that would be guarantied fun.

Azz ~
( Sg Az / Rg Az / Wr Az / Gr Az )
http://www.youtube.com/user/azzalan/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

DB is a server like JQ,

Hahaha… we were last in T2 before the new system came into effect. While I’m flattered, there’s really no comparison between JQ and DB, when even TC and FA beat us fair and square for two consecutive weeks before this farce started.

We will, of course, keep on fighting. Shout out to the fellow DB guilds that have fought bravely over the weekend despite the odds.

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: mekkanic.4759

mekkanic.4759

We are very enjoy the party.

Cool vid!

[Agg] ression

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Many? I think like three people posted about it, and mine I did for lols. I just thought it was funny they couldn’t bear to be without us for even one week!

Every week is random, I just find it funny they started a precedence one day after being away to flip servers to look for match ups. Especially with this new system, there is no way of telling what will happen the next week, so waiting it out seems the better option.

Still their gold, their choice, just pointing out the hilarity of it. No conspiracy theories here.

That’s all it took to subdue TC and SoS.
Was either transfer or start Xcom for me. 1800 gems was the economical choice
That and I like to have a weeks vacation to play a new Firaxis game undisturbed..