6/7 DragonBrand/Blackgate/Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Entertaining read in this thread.

It makes me wonder when FA is going to be thrown in to the tier 1 meat grinder.

As you were.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bern.9613

Bern.9613

We are very enjoy the party.

I was there for the garrison fight. We had sooooooo many holes in the walls and gates, bg to the west, jq to the east. And they just kept on pouring in. Non-stop for the time I was there. TBH I have no idea how we held out but dang, we, DB, were good! That has to be our best stand off to date. Would be nice if we had more ppl show up to even out the numbers. I have yet to see one of our zergs create yellow swords on the map during NA time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Slomoshun.6317

Slomoshun.6317

DB is a server like JQ,
with good Sea presence, lots of pugs, and most importantly, it seems DB has more organized wvw guilds than JQ.
Both server do have lots of similarities.
To be honest, they do have the number to compete with T1 server(well, people will show up less when they are losing), but they are kind of inexperienced,
so all DB needed is more experience or maybe a good T1 WvW guild to lead them, once they have that, they could turn into a real dragon.

Hahaha… we were last in T2 before the new system came into effect. While I’m flattered, there’s really no comparison between JQ and DB, when even TC and FA beat us fair and square for two consecutive weeks before this farce started.

We will, of course, keep on fighting. Shout out to the fellow DB guilds that have fought bravely over the weekend despite the odds.

We dominated the first 2 weeks of T2. Then we started getting sandwiched and we didn’t have some of our key guilds participating to their fullest.

Don’t settle us short.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

As a duly appointed appointed stooge of Empress CuddleStrike, I would like to offer the hand of [LOVE] to any DB who would like to join us in our cross-world domination and delivery of fierce snuggles. We here at [LOVE] are the secret society that meets to determine who wins each week in T1! Join us and add your voice and snuggles!

We [LOVE] to foster a positive atmosphere amongst all the worlds because, after all, we are all here to have fun, and I think its safe to say, this thread needs A LOT of [LOVE]!

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Every week is random, I just find it funny they started a precedence one day after being away to flip servers to look for match ups. Especially with this new system, there is no way of telling what will happen the next week, so waiting it out seems the better option.

Still their gold, their choice, just pointing out the hilarity of it. No conspiracy theories here.

I game for entertainment, and there is nothing fun about fighting opponents without the ability fight back. Honestly, unless $20 USD (or 60g) is big deal to you, it is still pretty freaking cheap for a week’s worth of entertainment. Not to mention the secondary entertainment that has been occurring on the forums….

Granted it is most likely a one time thing for me personally, because if this poorly thought out match up garbage continues much longer, I will lose interest and most likely find a different game to play. /shrug

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

A pic of my army of golems on a good but miss on bay.

Attachments:

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

On a side note Jared, I have noticed already that the number of BG players out in WvW during NA prime time so far appears to have greatly increased. Hopefully this week is serving as a booster shot to the server morale.

I think we could all safely say at this point that fun, challenging fights are far far better than the alternative.

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

Hey Fuzzion, you and I need to have a little talk about timing in regards to doing guild missions.

in Match-ups

Fuzzion.2504

Hey Fuzzion, you and I need to have a little talk about timing in regards to doing guild missions.

hehe

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

As a duly appointed appointed stooge of Empress CuddleStrike, I would like to offer the hand of [LOVE] to any DB who would like to join us in our cross-world domination and delivery of fierce snuggles. We here at [LOVE] are the secret society that meets to determine who wins each week in T1! Join us and add your voice and snuggles!

We [LOVE] to foster a positive atmosphere amongst all the worlds because, after all, we are all here to have fun, and I think its safe to say, this thread needs A LOT of [LOVE]!

I fully support this message!

Join [LOVE] today! We are a serious roleplaying WvW guild looking to spread our LOVE around! So if you’re feeling a touch lonely, you know where to find us Join today!

Hope everyone is enjoying the WvW…. I need to get in it and snuggle some friends fiercely…. where are you my loves? :P

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Massive props to AT (Break into), even though I understand you didn’t have massive numbers (My guess was ~ 25) you are a lot better than a lot of guilds we’ve seen in this matchup – thanks for the fights.

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

(edited by Tarkus.4109)

in Match-ups

Posted by: WIGZ.8245

WIGZ.8245

Been a great start to the week, besides the lag I’m experiencing from a recent build. As for the score, could care less. If people on DB are kitten, then maybe they should transfer back to JQ. Match up wise, I was hoping for FA, since it’s my home server. Just felt like it’d be fun to kill some old friends. TK’ing at it’s finest.

[BT] Wigz – Blackgate – 80 Engineer & Warrior
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

Tourist Wolves

That made me laugh! :P

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Fuzzion.2504

Tourist Wolves

That made me laugh! :P

Attachments:

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: MarauderKing.4572

MarauderKing.4572

We are all having a great time on DB! Great fights with our new friends against our old allies!

Been having a blast so far and I hope everyone else has been enjoying the match up as much as we have.

Though I have to admit – a bit of my soul dies every time I kill an SG, ACO, and the other guilds we worked closely with over the past months! <3 you guys!

Haniko – [FIRE] FIRE Gaming Community
Dragonbrand (Ex-JQ)

in Match-ups

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Cheers last night/early morning to the couple of DB players in DBBL from guild FUSO outside NE Bay door. Thanks for the duels!

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

Super bored! Yawns

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

It is pretty boring indeed. I propose some GvGs to brighten up the mood. Agg, RE and TG are some of the best DB guilds in GvG.

Is TW the best JQ has on offer, or are there others? Personally, I’d love to see RE vs. (any JQ guild). How about BG?

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Every week is random, I just find it funny they started a precedence one day after being away to flip servers to look for match ups. Especially with this new system, there is no way of telling what will happen the next week, so waiting it out seems the better option.

Still their gold, their choice, just pointing out the hilarity of it. No conspiracy theories here.

I game for entertainment, and there is nothing fun about fighting opponents without the ability fight back. Honestly, unless $20 USD (or 60g) is big deal to you, it is still pretty freaking cheap for a week’s worth of entertainment. Not to mention the secondary entertainment that has been occurring on the forums….

Granted it is most likely a one time thing for me personally, because if this poorly thought out match up garbage continues much longer, I will lose interest and most likely find a different game to play. /shrug

Absolutely, for some of us freetime is the precious commodity.
And I gotta say it was a great weekend, thanks to the JQ that didn’t get too cranky to have a bit of fun with us.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

Kudos to WM+ND and ATM for the fights in DB garrison that lasted at least 3 hours!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Does one have to be an asura to join?

Join [LOVE] today! We are a serious roleplaying WvW guild looking to spread our LOVE around! So if you’re feeling a touch lonely, you know where to find us Join today!

Hope everyone is enjoying the WvW…. I need to get in it and snuggle some friends fiercely…. where are you my loves? :P

Does one have to be an asura?

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

(edited by Gellor.6497)

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Kudos to WM+ND and ATM for the fights in DB garrison that lasted at least 3 hours!

There’s been some good fights in DB garrison so far. It’s like the little garrison that could.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: drkinder.3905

drkinder.3905

Thank you for Tarkus.4109 ’s comment , as a new rising wvw guild , we dont have much ppl , but we enjoy the fight with you . Grab the time to have more awesome fight in the next few day !

p.s. T1 matchup is a hard time for us , but we are improving as fast as we can , well , this matchup is really exciting .

kinder
[AT]-Just Break Into

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

Yeah Letoll, gaming is the cheapest entertainment I have.

Surfing on the other hand….. once I add in new boards and plane tickets / accommodations / food / time off of work for surf trips to exotic locations, now THAT is an expensive hobby.

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

Thank you for Tarkus.4109 ’s comment , as a new rising wvw guild , we dont have much ppl , but we enjoy the fight with you . Grab the time to have more awesome fight in the next few day !

p.s. T1 matchup is a hard time for us , but we are improving as fast as we can , well , this matchup is really exciting .

[AT] You guys are awesome, had the pleasure to be on the map with ya before. Rift is a good commander

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

Yeah Letoll, gaming is the cheapest entertainment I have.

Surfing on the other hand….. once I add in new boards and plane tickets / accommodations / food / time off of work for surf trips to exotic locations, now THAT is an expensive hobby.

Sounds interesting but I’ve never been surfing before

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

I would like to say hi to HASAN and ND!!!. miss you guys from our old IOJ days.

I do wonder about who TW thinks is the most helpful to them on JQ since taking up position as the premier WvW guild on JQ? Are you guys getting the cooperation you were expecting from the established community?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

TW is not the premier WvW guild here. JQ does not have one, we are all the same and equal here on JQ. Does not matter if you dominate open field with 40 people or have 5 people. All Equal on JQ

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chamolin.4530

Chamolin.4530

Proud DB player here. We are fighting as hard as we can with the numbers we have against 2 of the best worlds in wvw. Love this matchup!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kyo.7369

Kyo.7369

blackgate represent <3

Guardian Kyo
Arkham[Ark]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

A day early to be overflowing LA with your shenanigans. Dragon Bash is tomorrow!

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Goat.1940

The Goat.1940

Proud DB player here. We are fighting as hard as we can with the numbers we have against 2 of the best worlds in wvw. Love this matchup!

yep DB fighting hard minus our fair weathers lol. Very fun matchup!

Necrotic Sushi – Necro
Elephant Ambush [EA] , Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

No but it helps!

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

The only conspiracy is that there is a conspiracy to not conspire.

I refuse to conform to conspire with the lack of a conspiracy. <3

-KNT- BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

I joined LOVE and all I got was this little asuran army :O

Yeah, so, apologies for anyone who was in JQ LA earlier; we’re awfully silly sometimes here. I’m sure the weddings will be long-lived and full of … um. Pain? Don’t ask.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Efface.8460

Efface.8460

I do wonder about who TW thinks is the most helpful to them on JQ since taking up position as the premier WvW guild on JQ? Are you guys getting the cooperation you were expecting from the established community?

Instigate much?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sophtspoken.9062

Sophtspoken.9062

Just wish the T1s would stop double teaming a T2 I mean really come on, then again even after your double teaming we still managed to grab SM 3 in a few hours time so I guess you have to double team to break a dragon. Took Fa and Tc 3 weeks to figure that out.

Ansitheris-80 Human Guard Dragon Brand

(edited by Sophtspoken.9062)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Akio.1749

Akio.1749

Just wish the T1s would stop double teaming a T2 I mean really come on, then again even after your double teaming we still managed to grab SM 3 in a few hours time so I guess you have to double team to break a dragon.

:O you don’t like our hug? But weeee loooove yooouuu!

SoR
[RISE] Balls Deep Crew
[TW] Member

in Match-ups

Posted by: SpitFire.4690

SpitFire.4690

Few clips of EB reset

Edited by: Lord Ryzu of Primordus Viruts [RISE]

Primordus Virtus [RISE] Prime Leader – Prince Járvan
Our greatest strength lies in never failing,
But we [RISE] each time we fall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Just wish the T1s would stop double teaming a T2 I mean really come on, then again even after your double teaming we still managed to grab SM 3 in a few hours time so I guess you have to double team to break a dragon. Took Fa and Tc 3 weeks to figure that out.

Mmm, tasty but I don’t think I want to bite. All I will say is this: the reason everyone gangs up on you guys, aside from forum keyboard cowboys, is because your stuff is easy to take. Just like when our stuff was easy to take, you and FA took it, and when their stuff is easy to take, we take it.

Don’t feel so bad, it happens to everyone. Hopefully our next matchup won’t be filled with trash talk. Remember what happened last time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Look at it this way. I’ve managed more loot bags and possibly wxp in the 10~12 hours I’ve put into this matchup than the entirety of the SBI/Mag matchup we had last week. SBI rarely came out to play and Mags only pushed during NA.

On reset night in BG BL it was endless lootbags. Whether it was at the lords room of Hills or in the SE camp, we’d wipe them over and over, and more would come. In the lower tiers, you wipe them once and that’d be game. In T1 it’s an endless cycle. There are SO MANY of them that it’s great for grinding.

Doesn’t help ppt, I guess. But DB’s not ready for a legitimate T1 matchup anyway. We lack cross map cohesion, and still have too many fairweathers causing our numbers to dwindle. It’s not that we don’t have the help, it’s that they don’t want to come out and play.

Dragonbrand’s best matchup is against FA and TC. In T3 we’ll win the ppt and easily take any objective we want. In T1 we’ll lose the ppt but grind tons of loot and wxp off of the endless waves of T1 zergvers. In that sense, it’s a win-win. So chin up. It’s just a game. =)

(Also, still looking at it at Tiers. I know it’s a bad habit. Don’t care.)

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

I would like to say hi to HASAN and ND!!!. miss you guys from our old IOJ days.

We didn’t EXPECT anything, nor was our intention to step into a command role. We just do TW, wherever TW happens to be. Indo did end up commanding in the keep take I posted earlier but we’ve also placed ourselves at others disposal.
Really is a different world on some of these servers isn’t it? I’m starting to think people on some servers just can’t relate until they’ve shared a server with us.

Maybe Grumpypants server needs a ray of Indoshine in their zerg…..

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Strippling.3524

Strippling.3524

It is pretty boring indeed. I propose some GvGs to brighten up the mood. Agg, RE and TG are some of the best DB guilds in GvG.

Is TW the best JQ has on offer, or are there others? Personally, I’d love to see RE vs. (any JQ guild). How about BG?

[SF] from Jade Quarry are very competent at GvG. They beat [Agg] 3-0 in a GvG match not too long ago, I don’t know if they are the best in JQ at GvG but they are certainly very good. But I’d love to watch a [TW] vs [SF], can’t recall if they have faced each other in GvG before?

Talons [BT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: willoughbywills.9654

willoughbywills.9654

Props to Dragonbrand for reinvigorating my interest in WvW, it’s been fun so far and we’re only halfway(ish) through the matchup.

[ÆGIS] – Blackgate.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

Speaking of conspiracies.

I’ve begun to wonder why there’s a guy with 0-5 lifetime posts asking why DB is being double teamed in every match-up thread.

If my eyes are shifty and I’m looking over my shoulder, it’s because I’m looking for the Doubleteam Troll. And government agents.

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

No but it helps!

I shall make an Asura!

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

Today is the first time I got to play in this matchup. I’ve been on DB since free transfers, and here is what I learned:

1) Top 3 servers don’t let up. In other tiers if you get most of your BL back, the invaders will leave. Not with you guys…you always keep the pressure.
2) Top 3 servers will intentionally fight on different sides of an objective hoping to win it in the Lord’s room.
3) With so many people in a 3-way battle the lag is just dumb. There’s no way ANet a) intended such big battles, and/or b) is happy with the performance during such big battles. Just yuck.

JQ and BQ, thanks for the many many bags in DBBL today. And thanks for the challenge. I think our server is learning a lot and will come out of this stronger than when we came in. Still not strong enough for Top 3, obviously, but stronger.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

Double teamed? No, that is what happens when facing two higher tier servers with better coverage. It has nothing to do with 2v1, plus why would BG even 2v1 us they have a longer history with JQ?

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

Look at it this way. I’ve managed more loot bags and possibly wxp in the 10~12 hours I’ve put into this matchup than the entirety of the SBI/Mag matchup we had last week. SBI rarely came out to play and Mags only pushed during NA.

On reset night in BG BL it was endless lootbags. Whether it was at the lords room of Hills or in the SE camp, we’d wipe them over and over, and more would come. In the lower tiers, you wipe them once and that’d be game. In T1 it’s an endless cycle. There are SO MANY of them that it’s great for grinding.

Doesn’t help ppt, I guess. But DB’s not ready for a legitimate T1 matchup anyway. We lack cross map cohesion, and still have too many fairweathers causing our numbers to dwindle. It’s not that we don’t have the help, it’s that they don’t want to come out and play.

Dragonbrand’s best matchup is against FA and TC. In T3 we’ll win the ppt and easily take any objective we want. In T1 we’ll lose the ppt but grind tons of loot and wxp off of the endless waves of T1 zergvers. In that sense, it’s a win-win. So chin up. It’s just a game. =)

(Also, still looking at it at Tiers. I know it’s a bad habit. Don’t care.)

~ Kovu

We can only beat servers if people show also

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

Speaking of conspiracies.

I’ve begun to wonder why there’s a guy with 0-5 lifetime posts asking why DB is being double teamed in every match-up thread.

If my eyes are shifty and I’m looking over my shoulder, it’s because I’m looking for the Doubleteam Troll. And government agents.

Agreed asked earlier if they were from DB and they deleted the post, sounds like a NaRf to me

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart