6/7 DragonBrand/Blackgate/Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Akkadian.7206

Akkadian.7206

Nobody, not anyone in T1, T2, nor T3 – T8, is surprised by what DB is doing against T1 servers. Well maybe 0.01% of DB is surprised about how bad we’re doing, and those are the ones that trolled the T1 forums and JQ LA weeks ago.

You guys have been in the T1 matchup so long you may have lost some perspective. You can ask SoR, TC, and SoS now…T1 is a different beast, and nobody outside of T1 has a chance. So should T1 servers feel so great about beating DB down? No, I think they should feel bad for letting us have even +1 PPT.

I look at this a different way. I am very pleased with how well Db is doing when we are outside of SEA prime time. There have been times during euro where we have pushed the PPT to over +200 this reset weekend which is generally our worst time zone. During NA prime we have held a decent PPT for a T2 server as well at times.

I appreciate how TW didnt come to Db to mess our glicko up even more after last weeks match.

along the lines of what I posted previously….

I would like to point out that Db managed to take Stone Mist Castle 2 times tonight while holding our 3rd. Well done underdogs.

Not down playign you, but I commanded in EBG for 9 hours today and I can tell you at one time I ordered that my guys in EB hold off JQ and let DB cap SM. Why? Becuase I knew I could take it back 3 minutes after you took it, which I did.

Now the other time you took it some new blood Commander let QL and Durious and SM fall, which promoted JQ trouncing him for 30 minutes as he froze in place at the site of JQ.

Although great fights tonight in EB, especially to the 50+ man zerg JQ had about 3 hours ago that we fought and killed 3/4 of them before they retreated back to Anz. Thanks for the bags and great fights all around from JQ and no offense some to DB. Although I will say I like going over and putting DB in time out every time they come over and get a wild hair up their bum.

Lastly I am sure plenty of JQ can tell you at least when I command I don’t do the 2v1 I interupted JQ’s hostile take over of DB territory twice tonight. I even got hell from one of our fair weather guilds saying I shouldn’t attack JQ since they are attacking DB and they are double teaming them with us. My response was,

No I am here for the fights, Both Jq and Us have wiped each other all day, Unlike some fair weather commanders I am not goign to let them take things to make kitten easier for us.

So I salute DB for all your valient attemtps and I salute you JQ for all the great fights we had today

Lord Kaimick Commander of Ruin BlackGate

Hopefully those fair weather players realize the war atrocities they committed by you showing firsthand that you won’t stoop so lowly as to 2v1 even if it meant upgrading our own side of the map as a top priority, which funny enough would only further help defend from either of the opposing sides in the long run. In hindsight from tonight’s showing, I guess upgrading towers and all that jazz isn’t really needed, seeing as how a T3 Durios was lost without a lick of defense from our boys in blue while under your stellar leadership. All drivel aside, I don’t think you’ve earned the right to call anyone, player or guild a fair weather; I can’t recall how many times you’ve detagged because things don’t happen to go your way. Oh also, you might wanna not take petty shots at the very people who are trying to help you. It’s hard to command when you don’t have any willing scouts, just saying.

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

It amazes me people do not like the new system. The old one was so STAGNANT. No matter what happened, the only way for servers to fight new people was massive shifts of guilds to other servers. It encouraged stacking a server. Once one server did it (JQ) the rest had to follow to try to compete. For months now we’ve had “stack wars 2”.

Now we get to fight new opponents without having to switch servers to do so. No matter how bad your match up is, you have the knowledge that it will only last a week. Then the random number generator is up again.

DB is a perfect example. They had a nice week last week. Got to rest a bit, the PvX got out in force and had some fun. This week they are going up against tough competition and are taking the opportunity to learn how we do things. That can ONLY be good for them. Instead of fighting FA and TC for 6 months…over…and over….and over….again.

That’s what causes people to stop playing. Not the excitement of facing new challenges. Sure the PPT for DB isn’t what they would all hope, but they are picking a map, deciding on objectives in that map, and making us pay to take them.

The vast majority of DB players are happy with this match up and are having fun despite the fact they don’t have the forces to compete 24/7.

It was a farce we didn’t have this match up system from the start, if we did we wouldn’t have servers so far apart from each other in WvW population.

in Match-ups

JaredKincade.9761

Nobody, not anyone in T1, T2, nor T3 – T8, is surprised by what DB is doing against T1 servers. Well maybe 0.01% of DB is surprised about how bad we’re doing, and those are the ones that trolled the T1 forums and JQ LA weeks ago.

You guys have been in the T1 matchup so long you may have lost some perspective. You can ask SoR, TC, and SoS now…T1 is a different beast, and nobody outside of T1 has a chance. So should T1 servers feel so great about beating DB down? No, I think they should feel bad for letting us have even +1 PPT.

I look at this a different way. I am very pleased with how well Db is doing when we are outside of SEA prime time. There have been times during euro where we have pushed the PPT to over +200 this reset weekend which is generally our worst time zone. During NA prime we have held a decent PPT for a T2 server as well at times.

I appreciate how TW didnt come to Db to mess our glicko up even more after last weeks match.

along the lines of what I posted previously….

I would like to point out that Db managed to take Stone Mist Castle 2 times tonight while holding our 3rd. Well done underdogs.

Not down playign you, but I commanded in EBG for 9 hours today and I can tell you at one time I ordered that my guys in EB hold off JQ and let DB cap SM. Why? Becuase I knew I could take it back 3 minutes after you took it, which I did.

Now the other time you took it some new blood Commander let QL and Durious and SM fall, which promoted JQ trouncing him for 30 minutes as he froze in place at the site of JQ.

Although great fights tonight in EB, especially to the 50+ man zerg JQ had about 3 hours ago that we fought and killed 3/4 of them before they retreated back to Anz. Thanks for the bags and great fights all around from JQ and no offense some to DB. Although I will say I like going over and putting DB in time out every time they come over and get a wild hair up their bum.

Lastly I am sure plenty of JQ can tell you at least when I command I don’t do the 2v1 I interupted JQ’s hostile take over of DB territory twice tonight. I even got hell from one of our fair weather guilds saying I shouldn’t attack JQ since they are attacking DB and they are double teaming them with us. My response was,

No I am here for the fights, Both Jq and Us have wiped each other all day, Unlike some fair weather commanders I am not goign to let them take things to make kitten easier for us.

So I salute DB for all your valient attemtps and I salute you JQ for all the great fights we had today

Lord Kaimick Commander of Ruin BlackGate

Hopefully those fair weather players realize the war atrocities they committed by you showing firsthand that you won’t stoop so lowly as to 2v1 even if it meant upgrading our own side of the map as a top priority, which funny enough would only further help defend from either of the opposing sides in the long run. In hindsight from tonight’s showing, I guess upgrading towers and all that jazz isn’t really needed, seeing as how a T3 Durios was lost without a lick of defense from our boys in blue while under your stellar leadership. All drivel aside, I don’t think you’ve earned the right to call anyone, player or guild a fair weather; I can’t recall how many times you’ve detagged because things don’t happen to go your way. Oh also, you might wanna not take petty shots at the very people who are trying to help you. It’s hard to command when you don’t have any willing scouts, just saying.

In my opinion, when you do not purposefully 2v1 another team (ESPECIALLY in EBG), you just draw it on yourself in the long run. Why punish a team for hitting the team that isn’t you?

I don’t get it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

This 2v1 crying should stop. Both JQ and BG are capable of capturing DB territory on their own. They don’t need to 2v1. Same thing happened with TC/FA…. just get over it.

Give ‘em hell, DB! Well, and BG and JQ too – since I’m peanut gallery’ing, might as well root for good fights from all of you.

Regarding the 2v1 in the TC/FA/DB matchup – that actually did happen. After so many 2v1 calls in the forums, we started breaking walls for FA to rush in and cap while we saluted… then all alt-tabbed to the forums to see how quickly it would be posted. xD

DB, just keep up the fight, fellas. The more outnumbered you are, the easier it is to find good fights. And with the new ranking system thing, PPT is out the window. Who cares about score? Just have fun and take it to ’em!

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tortitudo Probo.2598

Tortitudo Probo.2598

Best fun I’ve had in weeks. Big thanks to DB for providing fights and showing up

[HB]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

Thanks for fun fights in EB tonight from [SG]

DB stay out of our dredge cave :p

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Instead of fighting FA and TC for 6 months…over…and over….and over….again.

Hey, there’s nothing wrong with us… we’re lovely…

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Im the thief who farms there and calls out movements when I see a zerg run through. You won’t see me, and I assure you it is my cave. Find me if you can and if you kill me there you get 30 pieces of silver if you group with me.(I’m not giving silver to more than 1 person so dont zerg me.)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sunfish.5970

Sunfish.5970

I can’t believe this actually worked. I guess we just have them t1 skills bro

To be fair, we did outnumber the keep 2 to 0.

I guess there’s a reason we’re green in t1.

Special thanks to:
Santa Clause [WE] and Kosi[rB] for being the distraction at outer hills, while we Chrollo Lucifer[WE] and I PvD’d the inner gate of hills down from 100% and 2 man capped it >:D

VICTORY

Attachments:

Poopy Person : (

(edited by Sunfish.5970)

in Match-ups

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

It amazes me people do not like the new system. The old one was so STAGNANT.

Let me explain it.

There are two bad things that can happen in WvW matches (That are relevant to this),
You can have stagnant matches, or you can have wild blowout matches.

Personally,
I prefer stagnancy and balance versus volatility and blowouts.
The FA/TC/DB matches were where we belonged, and I’d rather that match went on for a few more weeks than us be in tier 1 (I know tiers don’t exist anymore; the result is the same though). JQ and BG might be fun to learn some new things from, but as far as competitive WvWing goes, we have no business fighting them.

I think this new system is the farce, honestly. So I’ve turned off the, already small, part of me that ever cared about the total scores and now I’m just looking for good fights in wvw. But any actually competitive “I want to win this week” drive I used to have is gone with this new system.
Unless of course we happen to get that lucky roll and actually fight servers we should be fighting.

Ammendment: Also, contrarily, I consider DB to be the perfect example of why the old system was better.
If we fight any servers below what used to be tier 2 (IE: Ranked lower than FA/TC), we get insane blowout matches that aren’t worth even logging on for outside of NA primetime when the PPT balanced out JUST A LITTLE. Though I rarely play during NA primetime.
If we fight any servers above what used to be tier 2, we get our kitten handed to us.
DB has only one competitive match it can be in, and it’s unlikely we will ever get that match again.

Ammendment 2 (Hours later): I could have done with a few tweaks to glicko, I just don’t like the volatility that RNG has introduced. Being able to move between tiers in a reasonable amount of time would have been good, and still made you feel like you accomplished something when you moved up to face new servers.

Dragonbrand

(edited by EnRohbi.2187)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chrollo.3516

Chrollo.3516

I can’t believe this actually worked. I guess we just have them t1 skills bro

To be fair, we did outnumber the keep 2 to 0.

I guess there’s a reason we’re green in t1.

Special thanks to:
Santa Clause [WE] and Kosi[rB] for being the distraction while we PvD’d the inner gate of hills down from 100% and 2 man capped it >:D

VICTORY

Swear we spent like 30 minutes hitting that gate…

Need a bonus damage to gates skill in WvW. Thanks to Santa Clause [WE] and Kosi[rB] for being the best bait EVER (no idea how you did it but nice job)!

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Been getting some good fights and surprisingly some good 1v1 fights yesterday even with all the zergs around. Whoever that thief from JQ was, WOW! You hit me for nearly 8k and I have a high toughness build. I feel like we have learned a lot more in 3-4 days fighting JQ and BG than we did in the entire last 2 weeks we spent in T2.

Maybe it’s just me, but it’s refreshing to actually have someone make us look like we can’t compete sometimes. I know people start not showing up then, but this is the way we learn and become stronger as a server, by fighting those stronger than us.

I know a lot of us don’t like losing, but keep on keeping on!

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rinoa.8915

Rinoa.8915

You guys are doing fine, DB.

It’s definitely been a lot of fun the past few days. I feel like this match up has kind of reinvigorated a lot of people. It’s unfortunate that some people will stop showing up to WvW once they start losing but DB will come out of this as a stronger server.

Keep coming out and bringing the good fights. Good luck!

Rinoa
Elementalist of [MYTH]
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Build Update . No wvw

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

Im the thief who farms there and calls out movements when I see a zerg run through. You won’t see me, and I assure you it is my cave. Find me if you can and if you kill me there you get 30 pieces of silver if you group with me.(I’m not giving silver to more than 1 person so dont zerg me.)

Cool story, don’t think anyone is going to waste their time chasing a thief around a place with 100 NPCs to CnD/rally off.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

It amazes me people do not like the new system. The old one was so STAGNANT. No matter what happened, the only way for servers to fight new people was massive shifts of guilds to other servers. It encouraged stacking a server. Once one server did it (JQ) the rest had to follow to try to compete. For months now we’ve had “stack wars 2”.

Now we get to fight new opponents without having to switch servers to do so. No matter how bad your match up is, you have the knowledge that it will only last a week. Then the random number generator is up again.

DB is a perfect example. They had a nice week last week. Got to rest a bit, the PvX got out in force and had some fun. This week they are going up against tough competition and are taking the opportunity to learn how we do things. That can ONLY be good for them. Instead of fighting FA and TC for 6 months…over…and over….and over….again.

That’s what causes people to stop playing. Not the excitement of facing new challenges. Sure the PPT for DB isn’t what they would all hope, but they are picking a map, deciding on objectives in that map, and making us pay to take them.

The vast majority of DB players are happy with this match up and are having fun despite the fact they don’t have the forces to compete 24/7.

It was a farce we didn’t have this match up system from the start, if we did we wouldn’t have servers so far apart from each other in WvW population.

Revisionists, revision! The initial stacked server HoD, second stacked server SoS, than JQ, BG, SoR…

SBI was a powerhouse that had some great WvW guilds in there too.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

(edited by Wotah.2975)

in Match-ups

eithinan.9841

Cool story, don’t think anyone is going to waste their time chasing a thief around a place with 100 NPCs to CnD/rally off.

It is a side game, something to keep things interesting

I could always play this game at your wp’d keeps…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

…snip…

For people who like matchups that are closer to even, the old system was best. For people who like to see new faces, and have a chance to get out of an ongoing losing streak, the new system is better. Another benefit with the new system seems to be that the anti-DB sentiment seems to be going down. We even have some TC folks rooting us on! I like the perceived improvement to overall sportsmanship.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Agreed, it was stagnant …but the system they just put in with its current implementation is pretty freaking horrible. I realize you may be having more fun this week because you aren’t getting blown out, but there are some pretty hefty blowouts going on in some of the match ups making people not even want to play (on all sides).

Do you really think putting the top ranked NA server against a T4 server is fun for anyone? Heh

in Match-ups

eithinan.9841

Agreed, it was stagnant …but the system they just put in with its current implementation is pretty freaking horrible. I realize you may be having more fun this week because you aren’t getting blown out, but there are some pretty hefty blowouts going on in some of the match ups making people not even want to play (on all sides).

Do you really think putting the top ranked NA server against a T4 server is fun for anyone? Heh

My personal opinion is this week where we are getting demolished is better than last week in terms of fun. The roaming is a little scarce for my tastes though.

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

Revisionists, revision! The initial stacked server HoD, second stacked server SoS, than JQ, BG, SoR…

SBI was a powerhouse that had some great WvW guilds in there too.

I still don’t understand how SoR became ‘stacked’ all of a sudden. SoR adds one medium size guild over the course of a couple of months and goes from losing by 50k every week to winning by 50k. Reality is, it had nothing to do with being stacked…. 90% of the active WvW population has been there since last fall.

I think this had more to do with guilds leaving JQ, the big shift during Waha’s play time, and BG getting demoralized some. Once you add in that IRON’s addition was allowing SoR’s NA force to fight on even footing with the other two servers by virtue of not having to face taking back fully fortified structures….

I think that is more of a fair assessment of the situation.

On a side note, it is good to see BG with a presence during NA again. I hope you can maintain it the next time you are paired with SoR.

/salute

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

My personal opinion is this week where we are getting demolished is better than last week in terms of fun. The roaming is a little scarce for my tastes though.

I too like having more people to fight than I know what to do with. Target rich environments make the most enjoyable game play for me. Unfortunately, it isn’t much fun fighting a T4 server that wont come out and play because they aren’t having fun….. thus my vacation to JQ for the week.

I did vote to go to DB this week personally, but in retrospect, that would have been a poor choice and might have hurt DB… whereas we are nothing more than a small blip on JQ.

in Match-ups

JaredKincade.9761

My main point with the new system is this:

The old system CAUSED the very high difference in WvW skill and population between Tiers.

Ability: Servers were isolated from each other for long periods of time. So new tactics develop in Tier 1 that Tier 2 has no idea about. Evidence: look at many of the post by DB players in this very thread. They are talking about how much different we do things and how much they are learning. If DB had not played us this week, they STILL wouldn’t know about it.

Population: AFTER free transfers ended, the #1 reason guilds transferred were to fight new opponents and get out of the deadlock of fighting the same guilds and servers over and over again. Look at IRON. Their guild was so done with with WvW because they were stuck against Vizuna Square for so long and couldn’t leave the Tier.

Look at the amount of compression of WvW guilds the servers have gone under since free transfers ended. Entire WvW populations were eaten by the current Tier 1 servers. SBI, IOJ, KN, FA, DH, CD and even some EU servers. If those guilds had remained spread out, we’d have much closer matches even with the volatility.

Those two main factors have cause a huge spread in points when servers go up even one Tier. But how to fix this?

You remove the stagnation that caused it: Check.

You make transferring to lower servers cheaper: Check. (When they lowered the pop cap, they did it for everyone, its cheaper to move to more lower pop servers than ever before)

In six months we are going to see a much more even top two or even top three tiers than we see right now because of this system. Because guilds will move off the stacked servers cuz they will realize how much of a blowout they are causing in their matches.

HOD was stacked. It no longer is. The guilds will spread out because now they won’t be afraid of boring matches because they will get to fight good opponents if they roll the right random number again, instead of having to hope for a server to implode.

in Match-ups

Aeonblade.8709

The old system CAUSED the very high difference in WvW skill and population between Tiers.

Ability: Servers were isolated from each other for long periods of time. So new tactics develop in Tier 1 that Tier 2 has no idea about. Evidence: look at many of the post by DB players in this very thread. They are talking about how much different we do things and how much they are learning. If DB had not played us this week, they STILL wouldn’t know about it.

Population: AFTER free transfers ended, the #1 reason guilds transferred were to fight new opponents and get out of the deadlock of fighting the same guilds and servers over and over again. Look at IRON. Their guild was so done with with WvW because they were stuck against Vizuna Square for so long and couldn’t leave the Tier.

Look at the amount of compression of WvW guilds the servers have gone under since free transfers ended. Entire WvW populations were eaten by the current Tier 1 servers. SBI, IOJ, KN, FA, DH, CD and even some EU servers. If those guilds had remained spread out, we’d have much closer matches even with the volatility.

Those two main factors have cause a huge spread in points when servers go up even one Tier. But how to fix this?

You make transferring to lower servers cheaper: Check. (When they lowered the pop cap, they did it for everyone, its cheaper to move to more lower pop servers than ever before)

In six months we are going to see a much more even top two or even top three tiers than we see right now because of this system. Because guilds will move off the stacked servers cuz they will realize how much of a blowout they are causing in their matches.

HOD was stacked. It no longer is. The guilds will spread out because now they won’t be afraid of boring matches because they will get to fight good opponents if they roll the right random number again, instead of having to hope for a server to implode.

Well thought out and well said. This is a painful growing period for WvW, but I think in the end we will end up with more balance between servers overall as guilds move to and from other servers to balance things out.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I did vote to go to DB this week personally, but in retrospect, that would have been a poor choice and might have hurt DB… whereas we are nothing more than a small blip on JQ.

How many votes did BG get? I’m guessing it was two, because Hoots cheated and voted twice.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

…snip…

For people who like matchups that are closer to even, the old system was best. For people who like to see new faces, and have a chance to get out of an ongoing losing streak, the new system is better. Another benefit with the new system seems to be that the anti-DB sentiment seems to be going down. We even have some TC folks rooting us on! I like the perceived improvement to overall sportsmanship.

Agreed.
But after a few weeks of this kind of volatility, the thrill of seeing “new” servers to fight will be gone.
We’re having our week with JQ and BG now, I won’t be as excited to fight them next time.

After we have a match with SoR, we will have fought every server that we have any chance of being matched with. I believe many people will realize how boring blowout matches can be, on both sides, and start crying for balance again.

It shouldn’t be a great treat to get randomly matched up with servers that will actually have a competitive match.

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

JaredKincade.9761

Is it just me or are wvw points not reset?

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

According to what Devon said, it seems they set the RNG wider at the start to reign in the ratings a bit and tighten them up. I bet in a few weeks we see an announcement that they’re going to reduce the range of the RNG to some level that still creates some movement but with a lesser degree of variation.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

At least I hope the matches keep this trend for a few weeks. BG/JQ got paired this week so let see SoR paired with one of us and the other get a week alone.

Last night in DBBL was a blast. Props to agg, you guys are beast. Those fights at bay were endless, it felt like you had a mobile way point. After we thought we wiped you, there was your force again like nothing happened.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

How many votes did BG get? I’m guessing it was two, because Hoots cheated and voted twice.

None. We were afraid of being sucked in and not making it back out.

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

Yeah I can understand. You probably would have liked it so much you wouldn’t want to leave. Smart choice on your part.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Yeah I can understand. You probably would have liked it so much you wouldn’t want to leave. Smart choice on your part.

You sure there’s room on the roster?
Surely you’re dealing with the Queuebeast over there already..

in Match-ups

eithinan.9841

I was going to troll this statement about skill but you are correct. Db has a long way to go before we have the common use tactics to set us on that next level. Our new members of the community seem to be very open to sharing what they know about different tactics from different Tiers.

I will say that in small scale and solo roaming there is a serious level of difference from T1 and T3 TBH. The smaller servers like mags and FA have better individual skill I feel. But in these matchups that isn’t the game.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

I still don’t understand how SoR became ‘stacked’ all of a sudden. SoR adds one medium size guild over the course of a couple of months and goes from losing by 50k every week to winning by 50k. Reality is, it had nothing to do with being stacked…. 90% of the active WvW population has been there since last fall.

With the current transfer system, there will always be a sizable amount of fair weather zerglings who rush to the #1 server. JQ used to be their welfare server, now it’s SoR. SoR is a good fit for them because SoR has always had a lot of large guilds that work as groups in WvW, so you may be stuck with ’em for awhile. Sorry. (not really sorry, they cost so much to feed…).

So while you may not be seeing many guilds, there are a lot of individuals moving to SoR due to their odd need to be on the #1 server even if they are doing nothing to make it that way, and the SoR zergs have been noticeably squishier ever since the server started winning. SoR deserves better but hey, I’m just happy they’re leaving JQ.

The PPT thing is all about coverage. If anything JQ is doing better during NA prime now than back when we were winning every matchup. We just don’t have the SEA coverage we used to and EU coverage never really existed. Basically when NA goes to sleep BG/SoR take all our stuff and then when BG goes to sleep SoR takes all their stuff, we all wake up for prime time and clobber each other a bunch, rinse and repeat. Every cycle less stuff changes hands due to the defender’s advantage. Eventually the server with the best coverage wins, the second best coverage comes in second, and the worst comes in third. All that’s changed is which server has the best coverage, and nothing else will change as long as this game keeps score 24/7. Now if they’d shut down objectives during off time hours things might be different but that seems like a pipe dream at this point.

I’m having much more fun with a trimmed down NA force that kicks [something other than kittens, we don’t kick kittens geez] than I ever did with a bloated zerg server that I couldn’t get into WvW half the time and got slapped around until our SEA zerg took everything. I’m missing SoR a lot this week because we’re always out-manned on the SoR borderlands. I like those bonuses, they’re much harder to find against BG.

JQ may look weak numberswise, but the server is improving from an insiders perspective. I think a lot of the players on JQ that liked fighting but couldn’t stand the constant zerging are slowly waking up and taking the field again. While the people who look at the score and whine about numbers may be unhappy, the people who are actually out there fighting are probably happier than we’ve been in a very long time. I’m optimistic this is the start of the renaissance our sever has been waiting for, I don’t care at all if we fall tiers because of lack of coverage or are always third place in t1, I’d rather have a server that I like fighting with during prime time than a server that is highly ranked because of something people in an entirely different time zone accomplish and attracts zerglings like flies. Ironically I suspect most of the people who fought to make SoR #1 feel the same way and will view the coming weeks as the dark ages of the server, despite everyone telling them how wonderful they are. Hopefully they don’t last as long as JQ’s did.

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

You sure there’s room on the roster?
Surely you’re dealing with the Queuebeast over there already..

Hah, no. “Long” is ~15 minutes for us, and only if you stubbornly refuse to get into any of the other maps that usually have no queues or sometimes significantly shorter ones.

Pretty sure there’ll be no queues tonight, even though Dragon Bash is currently sucking. Don’t really know why I got my hopes up, ANet just rehashed all the undesirable aspects of their previous “events”. On the other hand, you can buy the holographic dragon wings for 1000 gold, currently.

in Match-ups

Posted by: EZDawg.1530

EZDawg.1530

As a member of Blackgate server, i have to say that i am quite impressed with how well Dragonbrand is doing. Tier 1 isn’t easy, and DB has been resolute. grats

in Match-ups

Aeonblade.8709

As a member of Blackgate server, i have to say that i am quite impressed with how well Dragonbrand is doing. Tier 1 isn’t easy, and DB has been resolute. grats

This means a lot to some of us (well me anyway). I was very excited to face off against T1 servers even though I knew we had no chance of winning. This week has not disappointed, and I respect BG and JQ a lot more now than I did before I knew them in WvW The fact that DB hasn’t given up completely really reminds me why I call this server home.

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

Thank you. This week has been fun for a lot of us (in [EA], at least.), regardless of the score.

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Guess the definition of “impressed” varies from one to the other.

At present DB is in the bottom 5 for lowest score of all servers and this includes EU. At present they ticking at 90.

http://mos.millenium.org/na

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

At present DB is in the bottom 5 for lowest score of all servers and this includes EU. At present they ticking at 90.

Typical SoR poster, showing up in a thread that doesn’t involve them to bash another server.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

Typical SoR poster, showing up in a thread that doesn’t involve them to bash another server.

So says the poster child for wvw forum etiquette…

LOL at “Pots” past posting history.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Well if you were reading the thread instead of just trolling, you would notice that we are congratulating DB on there resilience and skill in the field. We aren’t trolling them because they lack coverage to compete 24/7. Every fight with DB thus far has been epic! Bags for both sides!

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

Well if you were reading the thread instead of just trolling, you would notice that we are congratulating DB on there resilience and skill in the field. We aren’t trolling them because they lack coverage to compete 24/7. Every fight with DB thus far has been epic! Bags for both sides!

No doink Sherlock, which is why I stated, definition of “impressed” varies from one to the other.

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

@scoot

Why does it concern you if DB is in the bottom 5? There are still groups that have come out despite the score. You’ve accomplished nothing other than trashtalk a server that hasn’t said anything about your own server.

Your posting history isn’t so great either, btw.

lol

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krypty.3897

Krypty.3897

I’m on Blackgate, and I too just wanted to commend Dragonbrand. It did seem that first night you guys were not ready for what Tier 1 really was. But even on the same reset night, I at least saw signs of improvement.

Keep it up and you’ll work your way up the ranks and maybe give us a more stiff competition next time

Best of luck in your future matches (unless it’s us of course, lol)

Blackgate – Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sophtspoken.9062

Sophtspoken.9062

LOL Black gate is so screwed when anet fixes zergs

Ansitheris-80 Human Guard Dragon Brand

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

#Zergate

P.S. Anet will never “fix” zergs, this is a casual game mode and everything rewards zerging. Time to accept that fact, as I did recently.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Posted by: wispi.2194

wispi.2194

And the week before we finished top of NA, so it is irrelavent.

http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/history/75

Wispi of Dragonbrand (since headstart), Guild: Elephant Ambush [EA], 80 Staff Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

As opposed to other T1 servers who won’t be affected by ANet “fixing zergs”?

Props to DB. They hold their own when they have the numbers. They just don’t have them as often as we do.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yshyr.8709

Yshyr.8709

If you mean casual zergs with no direction or leadership then yes. If you mean the guild zergs which are organized all the way down to who has what skills then no. The organized guild zerg is simply the strongest weapon in wvw at the moment. If Anet does change that then you can be assured all those guilds you are trying to insult will change to the new meta and continue winning.