6/7 DragonBrand/Blackgate/Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

Next week’s match will be random. The most likely matchup of any matchup is JQ/SOR/BG BUT that matchup is still less than 50% likely, its around 1/3 chance…ish. There is like a 75% chance BG will fight EITHER JQ or SOR.

I’m mostly going off old numbers, but I think that’s pretty close.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

Sophtspoken sounds like a kitten and makes his server sound like a kitten.

Yea, BG is currently floating between #1 and #2 because they have kittenty tactics. Right…
From server reset to today, your server has just used kittenty tactics and were crushed. It’s ok. Everyone can’t play here. Don’t worry, you’ll get TC or FA next so you can regain some pride.

BG takes it in the kitten as well from SOR many times, but that’s about it. JS is getting stomped as well. You don’t see them kittening now do you? Because they have something you don’t. Pride.

And I know you don’t speak for all of DB. Just the kittenes on DB.

Pride has nothing to do with this I openly criticize DB in eb because they are super unorganized and have no freaking clue how to make a push, DB is in no way T1 ready only real reason we are T2 is because we have a few really good guilds that get things done like today AGG took our third back in eb in like 15min flat. This week wasn’t all bad though all the recapped we had to do helped me power lvl my guard so thanks for that I guess.

The only real reason we’re T2 is because of forum warriors deriding our opponents all the time, and chastising commanders because the forum warrior knows best. But of course, the forum warrior can’t be bothered to buy the commander tag and show everyone how it’s done.

After all, why walk the walk when you can just spout ignorant nonsense on the forums all day.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SpitFire.4690

SpitFire.4690

RISE and BG militia having fun

Primordus Virtus [RISE] Prime Leader – Prince Járvan
Our greatest strength lies in never failing,
But we [RISE] each time we fall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sophtspoken.9062

Sophtspoken.9062

Sophtspoken sounds like a kitten and makes his server sound like a kitten.

Yea, BG is currently floating between #1 and #2 because they have kittenty tactics. Right…
From server reset to today, your server has just used kittenty tactics and were crushed. It’s ok. Everyone can’t play here. Don’t worry, you’ll get TC or FA next so you can regain some pride.

BG takes it in the kitten as well from SOR many times, but that’s about it. JS is getting stomped as well. You don’t see them kittening now do you? Because they have something you don’t. Pride.

And I know you don’t speak for all of DB. Just the kittenes on DB.

Pride has nothing to do with this I openly criticize DB in eb because they are super unorganized and have no freaking clue how to make a push, DB is in no way T1 ready only real reason we are T2 is because we have a few really good guilds that get things done like today AGG took our third back in eb in like 15min flat. This week wasn’t all bad though all the recapped we had to do helped me power lvl my guard so thanks for that I guess.

The only real reason we’re T2 is because of forum warriors deriding our opponents all the time, and chastising commanders because the forum warrior knows best. But of course, the forum warrior can’t be bothered to buy the commander tag and show everyone how it’s done.

After all, why walk the walk when you can just spout ignorant nonsense on the forums all day.

O yes because I don’t want to spend the 100g to try and lead around a bunch of autists all day I couldn’t possibly know what i’m talking about, logic man do you speak it

Ansitheris-80 Human Guard Dragon Brand

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

love/hate relationship aside, BG are a great opponent and even better server. there’s no reason to spew hate like that. and now, you’re putting down your own server as well. you’re quite the likeable fellar, aren’t ya?

grats on the projected points, BG! looking forward to seeing you guys again.
JQ, you too, of course. ; ))

and DB, still hoping to be able to play against you guys soon!

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

DB has a great group of guys with a fair bit of heart who have all been super nice when they whispered me ingame with questions and comments. Much respect, you guys remind me a lot of TC. I do feel you guys are a little behind on the gear/traits/group setups though which didn’t help when you guys got matched up to us and JQ : (

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

[SG] would like to thank BG for the fun fights in EB tonight! Our smash train was rolling puuuuuurdy strong.

(Also thanks to our JQ friends who tagged along and Shalile.)

Yes great fights, were even better when I didn’t have PvE’ers and half hearted pugs running around with theri head cut off. My hat tips to you SG tonight was the hardest I have seen JQ push all week and I loved the fights. We wiped each other about an even amount of the time

To DB you guys did great for your first time in T1, I wouldn’t worry about your fourm troll I hear a few hours in the sun light and they will shrivel up and die.

To the forum troll that keeps complainign about our (BG ) mindless zergs that have 0 skill. clears throat AGG pulled a what appeared to be a 50+ zerg tonight and placed the pain down great job AGG.

In the end I guess some players just aren’t ready for T1 ( cough fourm DB troll ) and some are ( cough the rest of the hard working DB players )

SG again great fights tonight looking foward to seeing you again, come out and play more often so we can avoid the 100k Point lead. Although I did enjoy take all of JQ stuff Last night.

Lord Kaimick – Ruin Commander – Black Gate

(edited by Kaimick.5109)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wilco.1458

Wilco.1458

Big shoutout to JQ on EB tonight. We pushed hard and was rewarded for it. I hope we can field these numbers on all BLs at some point once again.

Also [SG] has just very recently started fielding enough numbers for a decently sized zerg (and the right classes as well). I’m sure you’ll see a lot of us for now on!

http://www.twitch.tv/drwilco
Wilco Tango Foxtrot #lifting #hardwork

in Match-ups

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

[SG] would like to thank BG for the fun fights in EB tonight! Our smash train was rolling puuuuuurdy strong.

clears throat AGG pulled a what appeared to be a 50+ zerg tonight and placed the pain down great job AGG.

we only had 28 on today

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in Match-ups

Sophtspoken.9062

Yes great fights, were even better when I didn’t have PvE’ers and half hearted pugs running around with theri head cut off. My hat tips to you SG tonight was the hardest I have seen JQ push all week and I loved the fights. We wiped each other about an even amount of the time

To DB you guys did great for your first time in T1, I wouldn’t worry about your fourm troll I hear a few hours in the sun light and they will shrivel up and die.

To the forum troll that keeps complainign about our (BG ) mindless zergs that have 0 skill. clears throat AGG pulled a what appeared to be a 50+ zerg tonight and placed the pain down great job AGG.

In the end I guess some players just aren’t ready for T1 ( cough fourm DB troll ) and some are ( cough the rest of the hard working DB players )

SG again great fights tonight looking foward to seeing you again, come out and play more often so we can avoid the 100k Point lead. Although I did enjoy take all of JQ stuff Last night.

your point about agg zerg is completely invalid because I guarantee their 50 man zerg was met with more that 10bg at any given fight, unlike bg who has to bring 50 man zergs to take anything from a 10 man group o and u have to bring golems too because we often turned away your group of 30 or more and rams because you guys are that bad

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Jerico, SFs going to miss you. It was nice to run up against you again after all these months.

SF HUGS and LOVE snuggles!

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Sophtspoken.9062

And I’m sorry but there is absolutely no reason for a 3 man group to run from a 1v3 and I’ve had countless small bg groups run from me especially from the HAIL and IoM guilds

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Too much trolling needs more loving!

<3
I’m at wooooork any sillyness happening atm?

GO TO BREAD SHINI!

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Thanks for the fights this week JQ and DB, DBs SEA is great at keeping you honest in open field. Props to AT,Re and SONG; it’ll be great to see you guys in a future matchup

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Since the week is ending, just wanna shout out to BG and JQ. Know DB has a lot to learn but we had some fun fights. GL next week

Next matchup will likely be JQ vs TC vs BG

For real? Then who’s in the match up with SoR?

The odds still heavily favor a SoR v BG v JQ match. The match above has about a 5% chance of being drawn.

Its also possible that BG or JQ will be heading for Tier 2 due to “Lets mix it up” random generator.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

Too much trolling needs more loving!

<3
I’m at wooooork any sillyness happening atm?

GO TO BREAD SHINI!

Work is for responsible people and there is no place for responsible people in this thread!

GO TO BED CUDDLES!

in Match-ups

Posted by: WRod.3856

WRod.3856

Thanks for the GvG [DA]

Wahii you’re still sexy. <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Dear Gents and Ladies,
As we are almost at an end;
JQ would like to congratulate :

DB on their very first Bronze in Tier 1 You did very well my friends !

JQ on their 14th Silver in Tier 1 Well done folks

Last and not least

BG , congratulations on your 4th Gold in Tier 1

May next reset be as exciting as this one as been
Love, Fuzzy.

PS. Im off to the pubs, its friday after all

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

(edited by Fuzzion.2504)

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

Dear Gents and Ladies,

Last and not least

Love, Fuzzy.

Thats the [LOVE] spirit Fuzzy!

Hope everyone is ready to snuggle everyone else fiercely in next weeks matchup, whatever it is!

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Dear Gents and Ladies,

Last and not least

Love, Fuzzy.

/facepalm

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

Dear Gents and Ladies,

Last and not least

Love, Fuzzy.

/facepalm

You dissing pubs man?

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Dear Gents and Ladies,

Last and not least

Love, Fuzzy.

/facepalm

You dissing pubs man?

Never has there been a more wretched hive of scoundrels and villainy.

in Match-ups

Posted by: mekkanic.4759

mekkanic.4759

/salute to all of jq and bg! The fights were the best! I will miss the competition. May the WvW RNG matchup gods be in your favor tonight!

[Agg] ression

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

I’m trying to think of how many different forum warriors (hundreds) have claimed BG was either dead, dying, on life support, doomed, going back to t2/t3/t4 etc etc!

We still here…get used to it!

I hope you keep up this momentum and gain of morale you had this week the next time you fight SoR. It was starting to get very boring during NA hours, and it would be most beneficial to everyone for us to have constant action.

in Match-ups

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Thing is, sophtspoken has received the most attention in this matchup thread. He is seeking attention, and because he’s putting down other servers, he is trolling. Best to ignore trolls, ya know.

I noticed some time ago that he conveniently ignores all the posts asking about whether he’s actually from DB.

So yeah,
Best to just move along.

Yes I’m from DB why the hell would a bring up all the things BG has been doing to DB other wise? seriously how dumb can you get? You guys can call me a troll to make you feel better idc the fact still remains BG is having to pull some really childish moves to get things from an overwhelmed and massively outmanned t2 server, and that’s just sad

Well,
Since I got you to answer that one, how about the next question: What guild are you in?

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

I’m trying to think of how many different forum warriors (hundreds) have claimed BG was either dead, dying, on life support, doomed, going back to t2/t3/t4 etc etc!

We still here…get used to it!

you’re only still there because of the current zerg meta once that’s gone you guys have nothing

Yea, where has this zerg come from I wonder? Quite a surprise when TW came over and found queued BG zergs on every map. Don’t get me wrong, queued BL’s produce the most bags, but this makes me wonder if BG can keep a force like that when SoR comes back to town.

Fairweather players, just like all those guilds on SoR who transferred there and then disappeared for 4 months only to come back when IRON showed up.

Except that didn’t happen. The same people playing then are the same people playing now.

The straight truth is this:

The difference is we aren’t fighting against fully painted BLs full of T3 structures now due to IRONs work. Back then we spent most of our NA playtime just getting back on equal footing….. anyone who has played this game for a while should understand the impact of that.

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

Its also possible that BG or JQ will be heading for Tier 2 due to “Lets mix it up” random generator.

There are no tiers.

We need to make an active effort to transition away from calling it that. It is rating and random # that determines match up, and even the ratings are pointless right now because most servers are gaining or losing way more points than they should simply due to the nature of their randomly generated matchup this week…. well assuming ANET didnt change the math of course.

Edit: To point, one could make the argument that this matchup is T2 because it didn’t include the server that was #1 ranked at the beginning of the week. Can’t be #1 tier without the #1 server… see my point about why we need to stop calling using ‘tiers’.

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

your point about agg zerg is completely invalid because I guarantee their 50 man zerg was met with more that 10bg at any given fight, unlike bg who has to bring 50 man zergs to take anything from a 10 man group o and u have to bring golems too because we often turned away your group of 30 or more and rams because you guys are that bad

Can I ask you why you are spending so much effort complaining about zerging when you are facing 2 of the three highest population servers in North America? There is no need to get worked up about something you cannot control.

Servers with higher populations are always going to have more people crammed into a zone, up until the point the zone reaches its cap. Nothing you can do about it, and people simply aren’t going to stop playing because you dislike the zergs. Just relax and roll with it. More people, means more action and more bags for you when you kill them. You should be happy!

On a side note: The resource based server cap on planet Earth was reached about 2 billion people ago. Ponder that…..

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Thanks BG and JQ for fun fights, for lessons on the field, and for staying classy on the forums.

Good luck for the next week!

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

I know it’s Friday morning and the points don’t really matter at all at this point,
But,
It’s still nice to see DB in the lead at least once this week

Attachments:

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

Dear Gents and Ladies,

Last and not least

Love, Fuzzy.

The last several days your posts have actually been nice and sportsmanlike. +1000000

Hopefully you stomped enough RE that you got the hate out of your system. It’d be nice to not see your anti-RE posts in the matchup thread that has DB in it. Cheers!

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

(edited by Eviator.9746)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Dear Gents and Ladies,

Last and not least

Love, Fuzzy.

The last several days your posts have actually been nice and sportsmanlike. +1000000

Hopefully you stomped enough RE that you got the hate out of your system. It’d be nice to not see your anti-RE posts in the matchup thread that has DB in it. Cheers!

Agreed, have fun at the pubs!

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurika.6751

Aurika.6751

LotD (and the people following our commanders) had fun fighting the groups we ran into on JQ and BG Borderlands last night from 7:00pm to midnight EST.

We were floating between those two BLs most of the night and had some fun fights against both servers.

The JQ group toward the end of our night kept some of us on for an extra hour because we were having such fun on the open field fights in the field east of the NW camp.

Sladi [TW]

in Match-ups

Posted by: loquacious.2915

loquacious.2915

Dear god, please let Dragonbrand roll SOR tonight. Sophtspoken has no idea what a zerg really is.

If Blackgate beat DB by 250k, SOR will beat them by 400k.

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

Dear Gents and Ladies,

Last and not least

Love, Fuzzy.

/facepalm

You dissing pubs man?

I think the /facepalm was directed towards the tier reference because it is no longer valid.

In other words, BG didn’t get their 4th gold in T1, JQ didn’t get their 14th silver, and DB didn’t get their first bronze. I am not trying to be disrespectful to Fuzzy, just pointing out the truth that pretty much everything about his post, though well intended, is simply wrong.

Congrats on winning this match up though BG.

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

Dear god, please let Dragonbrand roll SOR tonight. Sophtspoken has no idea what a zerg really is.

This isn’t accurate to be honest. You can only fit so many people in a borderland and from what I have seen this week, BG had as many people out this week that SoR usually does. In fact, I would venture to say BG had more people doing W3 this week than SoR because half of SoR is on vacation because the matchup was so lopsided.

Heh

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

And I’m sorry but there is absolutely no reason for a 3 man group to run from a 1v3 and I’ve had countless small bg groups run from me especially from the HAIL and IoM guilds

I think you need a time out from WvW – or maybe a change of servers, perhaps? You sound very unhappy on Dragonbrand and you’re negativity really shows it.

For your own mental health, do one of the two.

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Except that didn’t happen. The same people playing then are the same people playing now.

The straight truth is this:

The difference is we aren’t fighting against fully painted BLs full of T3 structures now due to IRONs work. Back then we spent most of our NA playtime just getting back on equal footing….. anyone who has played this game for a while should understand the impact of that.

I’m going to have to respectfully disagree with you here covenn, to an extent. From my observations, it was a combination of both. The presence of IRON certainly had a positive effect in PPT by slicing off a chunk of the hill your EST NA needed to climb each night, but I also observed a noticeable increase in SoR players on the maps and for longer periods of time. Prior to IRON, you would notice when SoR NA went to bed. After IRON, that became much less noticeable if not completely absent. Seriously, it was almost night and day. I play late PST, so I would often observe this transition the past many months.

Anyways, I’m not trying to argue over semantics here, but I wanted to point out that I don’t believe for one minute that SoR’s surge in score performance was all due to one factor. There was definitely a morale/motivation/fairweather effect, like there is for all servers.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

I hope this newly revitalized BG gets matched up with SOR next week to see what type of coverage the fairweathers can bring you guys.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

Fun week DB and BG. Tough week. Had some great battles, was fun to fight with old allies. But overall I think it’s becoming extremely clear JQ isn’t what it used to be. We aren’t out of the count yet, but we have a lot of work and hard times ahead of us. I’m confident in our ability to pull through, but we’ll see what happens.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

You do know there is a cap for each map right? And that BG filled them most of the week because it was a free win. So that’s kind of silly, either way we fight a server with 3-4 capped maps. Just pointing that out

Also I’d like to apologize for Sopht. He in no way represents the majority attitude of our server.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

I hope this newly revitalized BG gets matched up with SOR next week to see what type of coverage the fairweathers can bring you guys.

I hope we get matched up against SOR WITHOUT JQ. Its clear now that JQ without SOR isn’t close to BG score wise (most of the rating we have gained is from them, NOT from DB) because last week the scores were almost dead even, and now we are decimating them.

I think there will be a similar effect if we face SOR without JQ.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I hope we get matched up against SOR WITHOUT JQ. Its clear now that JQ without SOR isn’t close to BG score wise (most of the rating we have gained is from them, NOT from DB) because last week the scores were almost dead even, and now we are decimating them.

I think there will be a similar effect if we face SOR without JQ.

It’s hard for me to know to make of this to be honest, other than the possibility that SoR tends to focus BG more than JQ. That can’t be the whole story though. Still, if it’s not JQ, then who? I’m not so sure the end result would change with a different 3rd server. I would be pretty interested in seeing how SoR v BG v TC would play out though.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

Dear Gents and Ladies,

Last and not least

Love, Fuzzy.

/facepalm

You dissing pubs man?

I think the /facepalm was directed towards the tier reference because it is no longer valid.

In other words, BG didn’t get their 4th gold in T1, JQ didn’t get their 14th silver, and DB didn’t get their first bronze. I am not trying to be disrespectful to Fuzzy, just pointing out the truth that pretty much everything about his post, though well intended, is simply wrong.

Congrats on winning this match up though BG.

I think most citations of tiers are people trying to troll, seriously or lightheartedly. But, unless SoR can make up 5 points or so in the final hours, BG will have taken the #1 spot, which would be the equivalent of gold I suppose. Either way a congrats is well deserved.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

You do know there is a cap for each map right? And that BG filled them most of the week because it was a free win. So that’s kind of silly, either way we fight a server with 3-4 capped maps. Just pointing that out

Also I’d like to apologize for Sopht. He in no way represents the majority attitude of our server.

The point he was trying to make is there is a sizable difference between how BG and SoR zergs. SoR tends to throw a full queued map zerg at you very hard and gives you very little time to react splitting your forces across the map. It make it seem like SoR has this massive zerg with numbers over the cap.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Calvin.5380

I think this week was much more enjoyable than the previous one, even though we lost by a big margin.

I won’t mind a SoR vs. BG vs. DB, to be honest. Better learning, better game play, better lootz, and lesser repair bills due to outmanned

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: nightfend.4072

nightfend.4072

I’d like to see a JQ/DB/TC matchup. Though JQ would still win, the margins would be closer. Probably the fairest of the Tier 1 matchups that DB or TC could get.

in Match-ups

Calvin.5380

I’d like to see a JQ/DB/TC matchup. Though JQ would still win, the margins would be closer. Probably the fairest of the Tier 1 matchups that DB or TC could get.

The fairest matchup remains TC vs. FA vs. DB for us… I was talking more in terms of lootz

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: nglcpyro.4906

nglcpyro.4906

Congrats to BG on the inaugural “Group 1” win. Missed a lot this week busy working on a project but vids looked awesome so decent consolation.

All the best everyone in whatever matchup is next!

[OCD]Ordo Contegium Destinatus
-Plush Griffon Recruit of the Jade Quarry Militia-

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

Anyways, I’m not trying to argue over semantics here, but I wanted to point out that I don’t believe for one minute that SoR’s surge in score performance was all due to one factor. There was definitely a morale/motivation/fairweather effect, like there is for all servers.

Sure, that happens to some extent no matter what server you are on and it would be foolish to think otherwise. I was just pointing out the elephant in the room to you. When NA can spend 2-3-4-5 hours racking up PPT instead of trying to simply get back to even footing (which on some nights took the entire night if it happened at all), everything else you mentioned follows…..

Not sure where the disconnect with that was to be honest.

We had one change to our server that occurred that made the difference between BG beating us by 60k and us beating BG by 60k ….and it wasn’t fair weather players. Those trickled in after the fact.