6/7 DragonBrand/Blackgate/Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

I think most citations of tiers are people trying to troll, seriously or lightheartedly. But, unless SoR can make up 5 points or so in the final hours, BG will have taken the #1 spot, which would be the equivalent of gold I suppose. Either way a congrats is well deserved.

Agreed.

I knew SoR was going to drop to #2 the second I saw what the match ups were. It was nearly inevitable unless TC/SoS was spawn camped 24-7 by SoR. Until this all shakes out and Anet gets a workable system in place, even the ratings are mostly useless.

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

The point he was trying to make is there is a sizable difference between how BG and SoR zergs. SoR tends to throw a full queued map zerg at you very hard and gives you very little time to react splitting your forces across the map. It make it seem like SoR has this massive zerg with numbers over the cap.

Except that isn’t reality. It is only your perception.

Usually the truth is that forces are split across the map defending/attacking. The only time you really see full BL zergs from any servers is during a prolonged siege or when one of the three servers doesnt show up. Otherwise the very nature of a three sided fight alone dictates otherwise.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

The point he was trying to make is there is a sizable difference between how BG and SoR zergs. SoR tends to throw a full queued map zerg at you very hard and gives you very little time to react splitting your forces across the map. It make it seem like SoR has this massive zerg with numbers over the cap.

Except that isn’t reality. It is only your perception.

Usually the truth is that forces are split across the map defending/attacking. The only time you really see full BL zergs from any servers is during a prolonged siege or when one of the three servers doesnt show up. Otherwise the very nature of a three sided fight alone dictates otherwise.

My Perception or not its quite obvious whats happening when SoR gos from out manned to a massive force defending or attacking a objective. I highly doubt when SoR hits the map with a objective in sight that they have every one spread out evenly. Hence why I said it seems like SoR has a full map zerg on the map.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

This matchup did little more than underline the inherent flaws associated with too broad randomization in an uncontrolled 1:1:1 system. You can’t really have one of the players not show up and expect it to be very balanced.

While I appreciated the “diversity”, I’d probably rather go back to the stale-but-more-fair BG-JQ-SOR triangle. “Diversity” is in quotations here because in the end, you’re still bashing players; they just have slightly different names.

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

in Match-ups

Posted by: OnyxGryphon.6037

OnyxGryphon.6037

This matchup did little more than underline the inherent flaws associated with too broad randomization in an uncontrolled 1:1:1 system. You can’t really have one of the players not show up and expect it to be very balanced.

While I appreciated the “diversity”, I’d probably rather go back to the stale-but-more-fair BG-JQ-SOR triangle. “Diversity” is in quotations here because in the end, you’re still bashing players; they just have slightly different names.

I’m sure you would, as the only way JQ in it’s current state can compete to stay a top tier is to 2v1 BG. This week is a prime example of BG’s abilities over the past 4 weeks to withstand the non-stop SoR/JQ vs BG 2v1. Prior to that, it was the opposite before this latest JQ meltdown. JQ/SoR vs BG 2v1 … and if i recall, we were coming out on top before the Iron infusion.

So this week, I truly hope we do get SoR without JQ in their hip pocket. Will make for a very interesting week indeed.

To the vast majority of Dragonbrand … One helluva week guys. The score may not reflect it, but those that were out on the field, you brought it the best you could! Keep it up! Take my word for it, after fighting the SoR/JQ tag team for the past few months, it only made our BG Server better .. . tedious at times, down right frustrating at others, but bottomline those of us out there every single day, it’s made us a better crew!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

I’m sure you would, as the only way JQ in it’s current state can compete to stay a top tier is to 2v1 BG. This week is a prime example of BG’s abilities over the past 4 weeks to withstand the non-stop SoR/JQ vs BG 2v1. Prior to that, it was the opposite before this latest JQ meltdown. JQ/SoR vs BG 2v1 … and if i recall, we were coming out on top before the Iron infusion.

So this week, I truly hope we do get SoR without JQ in their hip pocket. Will make for a very interesting week indeed.

To the vast majority of Dragonbrand … One helluva week guys. The score may not reflect it, but those that were out on the field, you brought it the best you could! Keep it up! Take my word for it, after fighting the SoR/JQ tag team for the past few months, it only made our BG Server better .. . tedious at times, down right frustrating at others, but bottomline those of us out there every single day, it’s made us a better crew!

And here I thought BG finally moved past the 2v1 complaints…

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Anyways, I’m not trying to argue over semantics here, but I wanted to point out that I don’t believe for one minute that SoR’s surge in score performance was all due to one factor. There was definitely a morale/motivation/fairweather effect, like there is for all servers.

Sure, that happens to some extent no matter what server you are on and it would be foolish to think otherwise. I was just pointing out the elephant in the room to you. When NA can spend 2-3-4-5 hours racking up PPT instead of trying to simply get back to even footing (which on some nights took the entire night if it happened at all), everything else you mentioned follows…..

Not sure where the disconnect with that was to be honest.

We had one change to our server that occurred that made the difference between BG beating us by 60k and us beating BG by 60k ….and it wasn’t fair weather players. Those trickled in after the fact.

You just admitted IRON carried SoR to number 1. They were the “one change”.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Burl.9567

Anyways, I’m not trying to argue over semantics here, but I wanted to point out that I don’t believe for one minute that SoR’s surge in score performance was all due to one factor. There was definitely a morale/motivation/fairweather effect, like there is for all servers.

Sure, that happens to some extent no matter what server you are on and it would be foolish to think otherwise. I was just pointing out the elephant in the room to you. When NA can spend 2-3-4-5 hours racking up PPT instead of trying to simply get back to even footing (which on some nights took the entire night if it happened at all), everything else you mentioned follows…..

We had one change to our server that occurred that made the difference between BG beating us by 60k and us beating BG by 60k ….and it wasn’t fair weather players. Those trickled in after the fact.

A 30 man guild resulted in a 120k point swing in a NA T1 match. I’m impressed.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Proumbro.1376

Proumbro.1376

With credentials like these, it’s hard not to carry an entire server.

Shiro No Shinigami – Necro
“Life is a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Isn’t that what covenn essentially said?

With IRON, “NA can spend 2-3-4-5 hours racking up PPT”. The result was 60k wins.

Without IRON, “NA is instead trying to simply get back to even footing”. The result was 60k losses.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Here’s to hoping for an SoR/BG/Tier8sucker matchup

and a JQ/TC/DB or FA round up.

Take one for the team ET

in Match-ups

Burl.9567

With IRON, “NA can spend 2-3-4-5 hours racking up PPT”. The result was 60k wins.

Without IRON, “NA is instead trying to simply get back to even footing”. The result was 60k losses.

We all know what he was trying to say. You are just attempting to troll.

IRON is to SoR as Merc is to BG.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Here’s to hoping for an SoR/BG/Tier8sucker matchup

and a JQ/TC/DB or FA round up.

Take one for the team ET

I would love DB/TC/JQ or FA/TC/JQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

We all know what he was trying to say. You are just attempting to troll.

IRON is to SoR as Merc is to BG.

Sigh. I was not trying to troll. Man these forums are frustrating sometimes.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

I hope this newly revitalized BG gets matched up with SOR next week to see what type of coverage the fairweathers can bring you guys.

I hope we get matched up against SOR WITHOUT JQ. Its clear now that JQ without SOR isn’t close to BG score wise (most of the rating we have gained is from them, NOT from DB) because last week the scores were almost dead even, and now we are decimating them.

I think there will be a similar effect if we face SOR without JQ.

It’s hard for me to know to make of this to be honest, other than the possibility that SoR tends to focus BG more than JQ. That can’t be the whole story though. Still, if it’s not JQ, then who? I’m not so sure the end result would change with a different 3rd server. I would be pretty interested in seeing how SoR v BG v TC would play out though.

I think when it is BG/JQ/SoR BG get sandwiched time zone wise. Our strength vs JQ (EU and NA) got cancelled by SoR while our strength against SoR (SEA) got canceled by JQ. It would be interesting how the fight goes against SoR without JQ indeed:)

Blackgate Engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: BlackAngel.1349

BlackAngel.1349

I for one, would love to fight JQ without BG in the midst. I think DB can be very close to JQ if we don’t have the BG zerg breathing up our necks every single second. Anyway, it was fun, had fun and indeed had some very good fights.

Glaedr Darksbane

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

I suck at 1v1s. See, look at my signature. But today in DBBL I had several level 80 BG and JQ non-thieves run away from a 1v1 with me. In fact not one engaged in a fight, except thieves. One guardian even jumped off a cliff and died to avoid it. This is not JQ or BG bashing, but I’m starting to wonder if the top 3 server meta has absolutely no place for 1v1 or 2v2 fights!

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Match-ups

Zikory.6871

I suck at 1v1s. See, look at my signature. But today in DBBL I had several level 80 BG and JQ non-thieves run away from a 1v1 with me. In fact not one engaged in a fight, except thieves. One guardian even jumped off a cliff and died to avoid it. This is not JQ or BG bashing, but I’m starting to wonder if the top 3 server meta has absolutely no place for 1v1 or 2v2 fights!

I can’t speak for SoR and JQ but on BG there are quite a few small groups of people that like running around looking for these types of fights. From my experiences in the “top 3” if I’m lucky enough to find a 1v1/2 it quickly turns into a 1v5+

Also if you happen to come across a random class, there is a good chance they died and are running back to the zerg. If that is the case a lot of people have builds that suit large group play and are quite lacking in 1v1s.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in Match-ups

Eviator.9746

I can’t speak for SoR and JQ but on BG there are quite a few small groups of people that like running around looking for these types of fights. From my experiences in the “top 3” if I’m lucky enough to find a 1v1/2 it quickly turns into a 1v5+

Also if you happen to come across a random class, there is a good chance they died and are running back to the zerg. If that is the case a lot of people have builds that suit large group play and are quite lacking in 1v1s.

I know what you mean. Since our servers mostly zerg it makes sense to build for zergs. My build is very group oriented, and I have almost no chance in a 1v1, and I’ll try to run off when things start to go bad.. But I’ll still engage just for kicks and giggles. Is it a fear of dying/losing? I promise I’ll /bow if I win (but I ain’t paying for your repair bill).

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)

(edited by Eviator.9746)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

I hope this newly revitalized BG gets matched up with SOR next week to see what type of coverage the fairweathers can bring you guys.

I hope we get matched up against SOR WITHOUT JQ. Its clear now that JQ without SOR isn’t close to BG score wise (most of the rating we have gained is from them, NOT from DB) because last week the scores were almost dead even, and now we are decimating them.

It’s hard for me to know to make of this to be honest, other than the possibility that SoR tends to focus BG more than JQ. That can’t be the whole story though. Still, if it’s not JQ, then who? I’m not so sure the end result would change with a different 3rd server. I would be pretty interested in seeing how SoR v BG v TC would play out though.

There is also the possibility that the result of this matchup was influenced by JQ and DB that would focus each other more than BG. Also, as some would hope in a SoR v BG v TC matchup the chances are BG and TC would focus SoR more. I would love to see us taking a shot at being decimated in a SoR v BG v T8 server.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Also, as some would hope in a SoR v BG v TC matchup the chances are BG and TC would focus SoR more. I would love to see us taking a shot at being decimated in a SoR v BG v T8 server.

Did you just call TC a “T8 Server” or am I misunderstanding?

NAGA|TC

in Match-ups

Eviator.9746

Also, as some would hope in a SoR v BG v TC matchup the chances are BG and TC would focus SoR more. I would love to see us taking a shot at being decimated in a SoR v BG v T8 server.

Hehe, yes you are misunderstanding. He really wants 1v1 with SoR v BG, and having a T8 server as the third is the closest to that.

in Match-ups

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Hehe, yes you are misunderstanding. He really wants 1v1 with SoR v BG, and having a T8 server as the third is the closest to that.

Thanks for the clarification!

NAGA|TC

in Match-ups

Zikory.6871

I know what you mean. Since our servers mostly zerg it makes sense to build for zergs. My build is very group oriented, and I have almost no chance in a 1v1, and I’ll try to run off when things start to go bad.. But I’ll still engage just for kicks and giggles. Is it a fear of dying/losing? I promise I’ll /bow if I win (but I ain’t paying for your repair bill).

I would assume the person is more interested in catching up to the group then to fight a 1v1. I know if I die in a big fight I try to get back as fast as possible to help but its all situational I guess.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in Match-ups

Reslinal.2359

I know on BG we have RIOT, oPP, and AAO that are really good at small scale fights (check out their videos:), just wondering do JQ and SoR have similar guilds focus on small group roaming?

Blackgate Engineer

in Match-ups

Zen.8497

I think when it is BG/JQ/SoR BG get sandwiched time zone wise. Our strength vs JQ (EU and NA) got cancelled by SoR while our strength against SoR (SEA) got canceled by JQ. It would be interesting how the fight goes against SoR without JQ indeed:)

Actually, just for the record was mostly the other way around for various reasons JQ SEA would focus SoR more than BG. Especially with Waha and Indo keep challenging each other. We can make all kinds of assumptions but the truth is SoR beat BG for 5 weeks in a row fair and square without anybody’s help.

in Match-ups

Reslinal.2359

Actually, just for the record was mostly the other way around for various reasons JQ SEA would focus SoR more than BG. Especially with Waha and Indo keep challenging each other. We can make all kinds of assumptions but the truth is SoR beat BG for 5 weeks in a row fair and square without anybody’s help.

Well at least we know the “BG’s strength vs JQ (EU and NA) got cancelled by SoR” part is true given this week’s results. It would be interesting to see how a SoR vs BG fight without JQ would go, it’s highly possible SoR would still win giving your dominance in EU and early NA.

Blackgate Engineer

in Match-ups

Zikory.6871

I would agree up to the “without anybody’s help” part. As long as there is a 3rd server they could inadvertently help you, or us.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in Match-ups

Zen.8497

Thanks for the clarification!

He is right.
I wonder if we could arrange with ANet an SoR v BG matchup to settle this thing once and for all.

in Match-ups

Zen.8497

Well at least we know the “BG’s strength vs JQ (EU and NA) got cancelled by SoR” part is true given this week’s results. It would be interesting to see how a SoR vs BG fight without JQ would go, it’s highly possible SoR would still win giving your dominance in EU and early NA.

Actually you do not know the BG’s strength vs JQ after only one week and also against DB.
JQ and DB would naturally tend to focus each other more than BG.

in Match-ups

Eviator.9746

Heh, DB is just trying to stay above +0 PPT all week

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I’ve a feeling that if it’s JQ/BG/SoR, one SoR guild will get TW, which means GvGs all night reset…

Also if that were to happen I would feel sorry if the enemy decided to attack interrupting a GvG

“Omg sor has 200 man zerg on multiple servers?!?!”

in Match-ups

Zikory.6871

I’ve a feeling that if it’s JQ/BG/SoR, one SoR guild will get TW, which means GvGs all night reset…

Also if that were to happen I would feel sorry if the enemy decided to attack interrupting a GvG

How would that be any different?

Zikory – Retired Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

I’m sure you would, as the only way JQ in it’s current state can compete to stay a top tier is to 2v1 BG.

I’m not denying that BG is doing very well. However, my premise supposes that 2v1’s are naturally bound to happen against the bigger of the three, simply because they’d own more stuff to capture. It has nothing to do with “allying”. You seem to interprete this differently, however. JQ is still T1 material – just not first place anymore. We’re a PvE heavy server, and whenever there are events, our PPT dips. The proof is the Super Adventure Box. For weeks we’d been leading feriously our PPT, and when SAB hit, we suddenly became third or second for an entire week. When SAB lost its novelty, JQ hit #1 for a few weeks again, until Molten Facility. From then on, it was #2 or #3, simply because events were chained (MF, Southsun, and now, Dragon Bash – later, space pirates). Shrugs.

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

in Match-ups

Zen.8497

One thing that concerns me about the new sytem matchup is people getting bored and start doing something else or looking for something more challenging outside of the respective matchup. As a result the server can gradually lose focus and wvw participation. On the other hand it is possible that servers which do not pull back their punches and thrive from complete domination could maintain the same presence or more and grow stronger.

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Actually for the record, that is completely untrue. Ask JQs SEA yourselves https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/Tier-1-JQ-BG-SoR-5-31/page/11#post2160480 they enjoyed fighting BG more and so focused us 99% of the time. The one time you got focused by JQ and BG during SEA we didn’t hear the end of it on the forums from SoR about how we 2’v1’d your garri.

BeeGee
Beast mode

(edited by pot.6805)

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

if u read wut they said tho they said they rather fight bg over sor because its more profitable more loot bags more captures of PPt. They said in that post that they would spend hours sieging sor keeps or towers and may not walk away with it so they push bg

just a dif look on it

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Wait, what? http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/history/77 says blackgate wasn’t first even though the night before we were 100k ahead?
I knew this system would change who vs.s who, but I didn’t think it would effect our actual ratings and rank… We should be first place solid, but here it says we are 3rd PLAYING as first

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

anets logic dude don’t even try and understand them lol

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Yeah DB “automagically” gained 40 Rating as well I don’t know if it was an ANet bug or a MOS bug but everybody’s Ratings are different than they were at the end of last match.

NAGA|TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Yeah DB “automagically” gained 40 Rating as well I don’t know if it was an ANet bug or a MOS bug but everybody’s Ratings are different than they were at the end of last match.

Yup, mos and anet are hopeless.

They can’t even keep track of the rankings, this is not the real ranks, OR the matchups,
http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/histories, how did borlis pass get to 24th and SoS get to 3rd?

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows