6/7 Fort Aspenwood/Maguuma/Ehmry Bay

in Match-ups

Posted by: ManuelRai.9023

ManuelRai.9023

FA’s solution to a problem is to bring more people. I guess that’s what happens when you’ve been in T2 for so long. At least Ehmry Bay has respectable groups who don’t engage you when they see you 1v1(except that kitten Rekz d/d ele who waited for me to stomp an FA at 3k health before stomping me).

Props to the GF thief on Mag BL you were good.

I’ll 1v1 You anytime you want just msg sorry for interrupting mang

Searvo-Guardian/Oly Oly-Elementalist

[Sekz] Ehmry Bay

in Match-ups

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

Killing quaggans?!
That’s the lowest of the low.

in Match-ups

Posted by: nomdeplums.5780

nomdeplums.5780

Had some great fun with RET fighting GH in FA BL and later facing GH+Rekz in EB BL.

You guys are great. Keep up the awesome fights.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maestro Limekiller.6052

Maestro Limekiller.6052

Been an enjoyable night fighting a mix of Mag and FA over our home BL SW tower and camp for a good chunk of the evening and then some skirmishing in the ruins and between Mag spawn and the tower.

RET brought some good open field skirmishes at SW camp/tower before FA mini-zerg crashed their bro’s party.

Hope we get to play Mags again soon without the 800 lb. gorilla gate crasher next door.

[ZOMG] Maestro
Ehmry Bay

in Match-ups

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Been an enjoyable night fighting a mix of Mag and FA over our home BL SW tower and camp for a good chunk of the evening and then some skirmishing in the ruins and between Mag spawn and the tower.

RET brought some good open field skirmishes at SW camp/tower before FA mini-zerg crashed their bro’s party.

Hope we get to play Mags again soon without the 800 lb. gorilla gate crasher next door.

I too would love to face Mag on more even ground, when we’re not so much in between two sock ‘em bop ’em golems, lol. Still not complaining mind you, I’m having a blast.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in Match-ups

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Taking Bluelake just to lose Bay in Ehmry bl. Good trade FA.

Also didn’t help that 10 FA stayed at Bluelake for some reason.

Cardinal directions pls.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

FA’s solution to a problem is to bring more people. I guess that’s what happens when you’ve been in T2 for so long. At least Ehmry Bay has respectable groups who don’t engage you when they see you 1v1(except that kitten Rekz d/d ele who waited for me to stomp an FA at 3k health before stomping me).

Are you mad that we have more WvW participation? What do you expect those players to do? Not play?

lol you’re starting to sound like bunzy

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Archer.1658

Archer.1658

Are you mad that we have more WvW participation? What do you expect those players to do? Not play?

Spoken like a true zerger friend.

Çookies – Mesmer – [GF]/Ebay
Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

This has nothing to do with wvw participation. During NA prime time our servers are fairly even. Just saying you have a huge group mentality. The big elephant in this room is you have more SEA/Oceanic coverage which is where your “greater WvW participation” occurs, I’d say compared to DB we are holding up much better against it(but I hate to even mention that because it turns into a cesspool of hate/crying so that is as far as I’ll go with that).

Not to disrespect the FA that do run by themselves and in small groups. I’d just love to run into more of you guys. Since this match-up is going to FA, barring some miracle, it would be great to run into more 1v1 or 2v1’s from FA.

And are you insinuating I have Mad Cow disease?

(edited by Snafu.7412)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

…Someone didn’t like that we held their bl for hours.

6 trebs to take se tower~. Nice one FA.

It sounds like you might be in the habit of banking supply.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

This has nothing to do with wvw participation. During NA prime time our servers are fairly even. Just saying you have a huge group mentality. The big elephant in this room is you have more SEA/Oceanic coverage which is where your “greater WvW participation” occurs, I’d say compared to DB we are holding up much better against it(but I hate to even mention that because it turns into a cesspool of hate/crying so that is as far as I’ll go with that).

Not to disrespect the FA that do run by themselves and in small groups. I’d just love to run into more of you guys. Since this match-up is going to FA, barring some miracle, it would be great to run into more 1v1 or 2v1’s from FA.

I ’m really frustrated/baffled with FA wvw participation honestly

it’s weird to throw up a tag and have 80 people standing on top of me, more than half of whom I’ve never seen before. I’m 99.99% sure we didn’t randomly transfer in half of our wvw pop so where were these guys, and why are they running glass?

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mattjavelin.5164

Mattjavelin.5164

Mag and EBAY please FYI this is not FA akittens 100% and we arent at 100% to insult you guys. Alot of us have stopped playing to take a break and such and please not to be full with pride but do not ask for it if you know what i mean. :p

lvl 80 Engineer, Commander Berylia Berret, (BKB) Black Knight Brigade

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Mag and EBAY please FYI this is not FA akittens 100% and we arent at 100% to insult you guys. Alot of us have stopped playing to take a break and such and please not to be full with pride but do not ask for it if you know what i mean. :p

The fact you felt the need to post this tells me everything I needs to know

Do me a favor….bring the best ya got.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

I don’t really understand what we’re apologizing for. I see a bunch of maguuma and ehmry bay complaining about how much FA there is which isn’t something we can help.

If you want some 2v2’s or 3v3’s pm me

in Match-ups

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I need to get another duel in with you. That’s a hell of a necro build you’ve got there

Thanks; I ran that build back for months before they went in and buffed terror, and it just made it that much more beastly after the buff. I am open to dueling most evenings if you send me a message.

Second request for an ELE or WARRIOR with full melandru! I am in danger of being called a forum troll unless I can prove the other forum trolls wrong.

My warrior has full hoelbrak I can help you test if you still need someone.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I need to get another duel in with you. That’s a hell of a necro build you’ve got there

Thanks; I ran that build back for months before they went in and buffed terror, and it just made it that much more beastly after the buff. I am open to dueling most evenings if you send me a message.

Second request for an ELE or WARRIOR with full melandru! I am in danger of being called a forum troll unless I can prove the other forum trolls wrong.

My warrior has full hoelbrak I can help you test if you still need someone.

Oh yes, that will work well also… since those have -20% duration.

With that, and lemongrass, and the trait it would be: 20+40+33 = 93%

I will try to catch you on so we can test if you can spare me 15 minutes or so.

in Match-ups

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Does FA not have an oceanic crew or are they just really unorganized?

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Match-ups

etrigan.4213

Oh DB definitely has a larger SEA than us. We have one very good guild and a bunch of smaller ones. DB(when they show up) has a huge guild and a couple mid level sized ones that play during that time zone.

As for the size of FA groups:

To be fair while there was a fairly large force on your BL lastnight(EST primetime), but there were at least two havoc groups running around also. So we are out there. By the nature of a havoc group, we aren’t going to be telling you where we are going though.

Of course my group spent quite a bit of time farting around with the Hyrathi and Skritt, since if you farm both, you get the bags they drop but also the dragon event chests…and wxp. This is what happens when you have 70k+ lead. :P

The other side of this is: While it may seem we are rolling pretty deep, a fair amount of us have taken the rest of the week off. We’ll still be out in force…but to be honest it could be worse.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

I had some great adventures roaming last night. Id like to say that Swag and Rekz were tags that had some great players that stood out for me.

I look forward to my next visit.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drigan.7382

Drigan.7382

We haven’t been out there in force this match up, but here’s a video I just put together from the past couple months in Tier 2 (for anyone interested).

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]
Fort Aspenwood – www.gw2hope.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nak.8315

Nak.8315

Oh yes, that will work well also… since those have -20% duration.

With that, and lemongrass, and the trait it would be: 20+40+33 = 93%

I will try to catch you on so we can test if you can spare me 15 minutes or so.

Doesn’t dogged march have an internal cooldown as well. Like once every ten seconds so keep that in mind when testing.

I thought it took the Modified Duration – Modified Reduction = Modified time then Added the modified time to the base value of the ability duration. There was a Post in the Warriors forums a few months back discussing this into detail but I’m unsure if anyone ever got a hold of someone on another server to test it. Last i recall, the forums were split between a question if it was multiplication vs addition.

If you need people to test on, I have all that gear available as well, but you’d need to find me prior to being grouped up for WvW.

Nak
Call of Fate[CoF]
Ehmry Bay

(edited by Nak.8315)

in Match-ups

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Like my Veloka treb on Overlook? I did.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Omega.9601

Omega.9601

Lol….. fun times with Rekz

Attachments:

Fort Aspenwood
Ectoplasm Ltd [GLOB] – Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darius Glazkov.9750

Darius Glazkov.9750

[ME] still looking for some GvGs.

Rékka
Second Law [Scnd]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

We haven’t been out there in force this match up, but here’s a video I just put together from the past couple months in Tier 2 (for anyone interested).

Cool video, looks like fun times.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

The frustrating thing is half our organized population seems to be taking a break as well. There are lots of medium-to-big groups that do really well together that you probably haven’t even seen this week.

It hit us a lot harder than it hit FA though. I won’t complain about population since I’ve had a 1001 opportunities to transfer servers to more populated ones. We chose to stay here, so we chose to deal with our weaker night times and lesser numbers. However, I honestly think a lot of you would be surprised with what we could pull off (at least during NA primetimes) if all of our hard-hitters were on the field this week.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

(edited by Faux Sheaux.6179)

in Match-ups

etrigan.4213

The frustrating thing is half our organized population seems to be taking a break as well. There are lots of medium-to-big groups that do really well together that you probably haven’t even seen this week.

It hit us a lot harder than it hit FA though. I won’t complain about population since I’ve had a 1001 opportunities to transfer servers to more populated ones. We chose to stay here, so we chose to deal with our weaker night times and lesser numbers. However, I honestly think a lot of you would be surprised with what we could pull off (at least during NA primetimes) if all of our hard-hitters were on the field this week.

Honestly…it all comes down to the disparity of the Tiers…There’s just a huge difference between each tier now.

Take a look at us…we aren’t even fielding that many, and we are demolishing you guys for coverage.

Now take a look at TC in tier two, a tier they dominated for many moons. We have only been able to beat TC maybe once or twice. They are getting demolished by SOR. Just about as bad as we are beating you guys. I honestly thought at one point that TC had gained enough coverage from the past few weeks to hang with Tier 1, even SOR. Guess not.

Now take a look at DB. They obviously don’t belong in Tier 1, their NA has been really sparse the past few weeks. Their SEA has been still stellar in Tier 2. But go ahead and take a look at their SEA in Tier 1(9am-11am EST, very roughly of course), they have been getting demolished. Let me tell you…DB’s Tier 2 SEA owned FA and TC for a long time. And they just cannot hang during that time.

WvW is fun, but taking these matchups beyond just casually fighting is just not practical. I’m all for server pride and all that jazz, but it makes ZERO sense for any of us to talk any smack really. Too much of this relies on the current population.

There is no auto-balancing. How many multiplayer games don’t have some sort of auto-balancing? I think ANET expects the two underdog servers to team up in this case, but that is impossible with different coverage in different timezones.

The only thing you can do is live for the fight that is presented before you.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: CAA.9653

CAA.9653

it’s weird to throw up a tag and have 80 people standing on top of me, more than half of whom I’ve never seen before. I’m 99.99% sure we didn’t randomly transfer in half of our wvw pop so where were these guys, and why are they running glass?

We’ve been green for 2 weeks now. We’re winning this match up. For better or worse, PvE’ers are coming to WvW. We sure didn’t have these numbers when we faced TC, KN, or DB. Maybe if they stay they will learn something.

Guardian – Cameid, but my friends call me Cam

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Honestly…it all comes down to the disparity of the Tiers…There’s just a huge difference between each tier now.

Take a look at us…we aren’t even fielding that many, and we are demolishing you guys for coverage.

Now take a look at TC in tier two, a tier they dominated for many moons. We have only been able to beat TC maybe once or twice. They are getting demolished by SOR. Just about as bad as we are beating you guys. I honestly thought at one point that TC had gained enough coverage from the past few weeks to hang with Tier 1, even SOR. Guess not.

Now take a look at DB. They obviously don’t belong in Tier 1, their NA has been really sparse the past few weeks. Their SEA has been still stellar in Tier 2. But go ahead and take a look at their SEA in Tier 1(9am-11am EST, very roughly of course), they have been getting demolished. Let me tell you…DB’s Tier 2 SEA owned FA and TC for a long time. And they just cannot hang during that time.

WvW is fun, but taking these matchups beyond just casually fighting is just not practical. I’m all for server pride and all that jazz, but it makes ZERO sense for any of us to talk any smack really. Too much of this relies on the current population.

There is no auto-balancing. How many multiplayer games don’t have some sort of auto-balancing? I think ANET expects the two underdog servers to team up in this case, but that is impossible with different coverage in different timezones.

The only thing you can do is live for the fight that is presented before you.

To this point DB has the highest SEA pop outside of T1 and we are outmanned on most maps… I honestly didn’t expect the coverage gap to be that wide but man it is

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

We’ve been green for 2 weeks now. We’re winning this match up. For better or worse, PvE’ers are coming to WvW. We sure didn’t have these numbers when we faced TC, KN, or DB. Maybe if they stay they will learn something.

Take it from us, they won’t stay. Once you have another good match for your server pop they won’t show. Fair weathers man Fair Weathers

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Dat server stacking

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

Hi mag keep being awesome povV sup my dude

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

Dat server stacking

K| it ten man wtf still can’t say kitten .

Guess your guild name is still to hawt for Anet

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: BLKNovember.5620

BLKNovember.5620

For those who are complaining that we have a lot of people playing WvW. What did you expect? Our people to stop playing because you’re not T2 servers? Clearly we have more people that like to WvW, and in our server all together. Is this our fault? No it’s not. It’s not yours either, it’s just how things worked out. So yeah, it’s going to be one sided, but that’s expected because of the new system, it’s not going to even out until much later. And yes we have a certain way of doing things, because in T2 small groups were not viable at all. We got used to large scale combat, and while I have no problem doing small scale fights, I know others are just used to that mentality. So stick it out, or rage quit, because it’s one week we have to face each other, or who knows, maybe more. I myself have quite enjoyed both the small and large fights I’ve encountered against both servers, and I encourage all of you to keep it together and fight on the battlefield with actions not through whispers and forums. Who knows, maybe we’ll end up having fun along the way.

[PRX] Deadly Proximity
Radik of Aeon – Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: KnattyDreads.1856

KnattyDreads.1856

So there is a grow trend of posts from FA referencing ‘complaints’ about their server population with respect to the the Magummies and Ebears. This has been confusing to me because outside of a couple baiting troll posts, there hasn’t been any complaining at all (yes, I actually went back and read pages 4-8 just to make sure.) Just commentary stating the obvious coverage disparities and the dragon bash. Most, if not all, the active EB folks are happy for the change, the new blood and love the fights.

In any event, FA get over yourselves…take your week off and do whatever it is you do. Or come out and play.

Cheers.

-Emhry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

I encourage all of you to fight on the battlefield with actions not through whispers and forums.

What about positive actions through whispers and the forum? Those are the best way to make friends.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: ninjambo.3784

ninjambo.3784

Been some great fights this week with [Rekz] [GH] [pK] and [DERP]

RET has learned a lot. Thank you for the fun!

Stawker / Lord Stawk
Founder and former Guild Leader of [RET] Reticle
Current Guild Leader of [BLNT] Better Luck Next Time

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

So there is a grow trend of posts from FA referencing ‘complaints’ about their server population with respect to the the Magummies and Ebears. This has been confusing to me because outside of a couple baiting troll posts, there hasn’t been any complaining at all (yes, I actually went back and read pages 4-8 just to make sure.) Just commentary stating the obvious coverage disparities and the dragon bash. Most, if not all, the active EB folks are happy for the change, the new blood and love the fights.

In any event, FA get over yourselves…take your week off and do whatever it is you do. Or come out and play.

Cheers.

Ya I don’t get it either. Who cares about coverage, just get out and play.

Excuses are for kittens.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: ninjambo.3784

ninjambo.3784

Stawker / Lord Stawk
Founder and former Guild Leader of [RET] Reticle
Current Guild Leader of [BLNT] Better Luck Next Time

in Match-ups

Posted by: BLKNovember.5620

BLKNovember.5620

Cheers.

There are places beyond this thread. Anyways, they apply only to the few who have. Not the entire servers and their people as a whole.

[PRX] Deadly Proximity
Radik of Aeon – Guardian

in Match-ups

Archer.1658

Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Monkish Delights.2591

Monkish Delights.2591

Better then what you can do for sure.

Spirit of Faith [HOPE]: proudly serving pain to scrubs

in Match-ups

Posted by: violentlycar.5267

violentlycar.5267

Why do you call your guild “Good Fights” when the vast majority of you just run thieves and mesmers with berserker gear? I mean, you guys are generally good players, but super uninteractive burst builds are hardly what I’d called good fights…

Maguuma – plays Asuras with various permutations of the name “Viocar”

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Why do you call your guild “Good Fights” when the vast majority of you just run thieves and mesmers with berserker gear? I mean, you guys are generally good players, but super uninteractive burst builds are hardly what I’d called good fights…

Most of ebay seems to prefer glass thieves over anything else.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

Archer.1658

Better then what you can do for sure.

..not sure if srs…….

2 Thieves and 2 Mesmers = Vast Majority? I will admit many of the guild do have thief/mesmer alts, but they don’t use them outside of trolling. As for the berserk gear, not a single guildy is full berserk. Would you rather have a thief run full ptv and tickle you to death? No thanks jefe.

Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

Noticed the same thing, still enjoyed them but every time you downed one it was covered with a refuge from one of the thieves. We brought an engineer after that and it was fairly easy, just nuked the refuge with grenades.

in Match-ups

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

AHAHAHA We took Ebay’s SE tower and there’s nothing they can do about it!!!

Even with 6x our numbers.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

GF where’s my duel for 20g? I tried messaging you a few times, but i’m blocked….

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

GF where’s my duel for 20g? I tried messaging you a few times, but i’m blocked….

I can’t imagine why…

in Match-ups

Posted by: ExVoodoo.7586

ExVoodoo.7586

I really enjoy this match up except one thing.
Roaming is virtually impossible.

I’m glad for the fun and awesome fights FA and Mag have brought too us after the stale 13 weeks of boring PvDooring we were forced to do since everyone sat in towers, even with three times our numbers, but I’m starting to miss the lowerish pop servers where I could roam and have decent fights without running into 10+ man groups every 20 seconds.

Anyways, I’m still enjoying this match up and having actual fights is much better then fighting towers, walls, and arrow carts 24/7. Cough BP Cough