6/7 GoM - FC - ET

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Narsil.6579

Narsil.6579

I have yet to meet the GomTart, GomnomBar , GomberryPie, etc, that can 1v1 most of the guys I fight are wimps, they 1v2 me and run away, but when the zerg comes around they gank me, Ive seen and have had better 1v1 fights with et and DR, just wait it out till the Zerg R us leaves again, we had a beautiful match up last week, I cant roam with out 10 GoM just coming out of nowhere, to those ive killed atleast u died .. while running xD

[HP/MM]Mesmer / Warrior
Borlis Noob / FergPug
Scout Sailor Moon

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

I have yet to meet the GomTart, GomnomBar , GomberryPie, etc, that can 1v1 most of the guys I fight are wimps, they 1v2 me and run away, but when the zerg comes around they gank me, Ive seen and have had better 1v1 fights with et and DR, just wait it out till the Zerg R us leaves again, we had a beautiful match up last week, I cant roam with out 10 GoM just coming out of nowhere, to those ive killed atleast u died .. while running xD

Ive gotten over the fact that most of GoM sucks 1v1 ( a lot of “Invaders” and “Assaulters” out there!) because of the fact most of them still run in groups of 3 or less. It at least makes it possible to beat them in the 1v2’s or 1v3’s. IoJ was just annoying because they hardly ran in groups smaller than 5, usually 10 to 15.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Give it a couple of days. The weekends are a tough time to roam, but you’ll get the fights you’re looking for once the crowds clear up a bit.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

like i want to go around 1v1ing a bunch of thieves,mesmers,d/d eles and bm rangers -.-

necro aint made for that, sure we can do it but we have a huge handicap.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Narsil.6579

So far the only matchup Ive had where i have sweated was a thief on my back we had a good fight, he eventually ran off, but the closest fight was a 1v2 and that was bad on their part, but anything 1v3 just goes sour, usually I just get a wounded thief or ele running away and regrouping with his buddies and then about 7-8 chasing me for a good chunk of the map until I A) wp run more C) Die to more GoM D) all of the above minus A , I never wp, I liek to push my limits, death is only part of getting better, but dang at this rate its just not fun even with 8 on my back it gets frustrating to do anything alone, I might have to start zerging again i guess, even though it takes no skill, *sigh.

[HP/MM]Mesmer / Warrior
Borlis Noob / FergPug
Scout Sailor Moon

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Narsil.6579

im not saying 1v1s lol and btw I killed a necro and a guardian, a ele and thieves seem to slip away from me, but if u just chill out with the whole zerg ganking one person, lol chill out this is FC not SF, just relax and enjoy it, u can run in 5s here, ur numbers will make it easy for you all still, but man it gets impossible to enjoy wvw without having to run in a zerg.

[HP/MM]Mesmer / Warrior
Borlis Noob / FergPug
Scout Sailor Moon

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Sororita.3465

im sorry, i had to post this

Attachments:

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Floofs.3574

Floofs.3574

Don’t judge us, being good duelists is really the only thing FC and et have going.

Gurrrrrlllllll- The red-haired Sylvari Mesmer you keep killing.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Sororita.3465

Dont get me wrong, im not judging you for roaming. Just roaming on easy mode is all ( would make a mesmer one too but too lazy)

cmon keep this rolling, havent had a forum war in ages.

(edited by Sororita.3465)

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Floofs.3574

Dont get me wrong, im not judging you for roaming. Just roaming on easy mode is all ( would make a mesmer one too but too lazy)

Lol u suk zergnoob beat u guyz 1v20 today lulz.

P.S. I love y’all, clearly I’m kidding.

P.P.S. Mesmer Is like the fourth best roaming class, make a thief or ele fo real.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

would be a better match up if GoM would stop hiding in their towers with stupid amounts of siege just to camp a spawn

Actually part of the reason I left eb earlier. Was fighting out back of kitteneep I think it was. They were making a good push. Killing some of us we were trying to push back and we start getting arrow fire and cannon fire helping us. I mean I know it is wvw, but come on have some class people. The 5-10 people pushing up from thier spawn, that much of a threat? Go shoot rabbits or something with the cannons. You want to siege it up? Let the break outs go off, give them 15-20 mins to do something with a camp then go run them down. Siege your heart out.

I think I’m just getting soft in my old age. Or never having been all that good at pvp, I get killed a bunch, so getting pointlessly killed by siege for no effin reason would drive me nuts!

Edits ill never figure out this filter.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Sororita.3465

Lol u suk zergnoob beat u guyz 1v20 today lulz.

P.S. I love y’all, clearly I’m kidding.

P.P.S. Mesmer Is like the fourth best roaming class, make a thief or ele fo real.

but..but…all i did was make 30 golems + an omega to suicide rush et spawn, mess around in a golem on a bridge and pve =( me no zerg today, me mess around, why so srs?

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

Dear GoM...

on behalf of everyone on ET who got their map completions tonight... i want to say...

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ninjapotpie.6973

Ninjapotpie.6973

To the FC crew that took Crag tonight. Nice job. I am not sure how many of you it would have taken to take it but I know how many you used hehe. I will be better ready for you next time.

Zorin Blackbow / Azrok [DS]
Ranger, Eng ,Commander (ret),Smartass
GoM. Please don’t feed the Trolls.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

Dear GoM…

on behalf of everyone on ET who got their map completions tonight… i want to say…

Attachments:

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Never seen the night crew of GoM so demoralized after [WvW] guild gave all their hard work away for free earlier today. No commanders anymore, no upgrades or siege being bought and no response teams for defense either.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: doublebb.6574

doublebb.6574

What’s all this I’m hearing about GoM being all scaredy cats at dueling? While this might be true, you guys are obviously trying to A) duel the wrong people or 2) trying to DUEL THE WRONG PEOPLE. I spent over two hours yesterday on ET bl trying to find ANYBODY to fight. I wasn’t even being picky! I let people come at me in 1v2 to 1v5 scenarios (for a 1v1 I had to actually invite someone to my party and ask for it, a really nice ET guardian btw). Each and everytime I (no offense but I’m not exaggerating) started wrecking the group, they all turned tail and ran away. sigh

PEOPLE, IF YOU SEE A [ASH] SYLVARI THIEF, PLEASE FIGHT HIM. HE WILL NOT KILL YOU (I really don’t btw, I always play merciful but only when I’m roaming. Also there’s the exception of 1vX fights where I have to kill some players but I will kill everyone EXCEPT the last player so he can rez his mates). ENGAGE IN HONOR COMBAT WITH ME. ’TIS ALL I WANT.

| Kyroen~Sylv Thief | Resliana Oryk~Norn Warr |
| Im Dying Im Dying~Sylv Mesmer (in progress)| Oh Wait Im Fine Nvm~Norn Necro (in progress) |
Gate of Madness~Proud Officer of [ASH]

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: modDW.4187

modDW.4187

Hello my friends on GoM,

I was late in making this video, but it has some footage from the last match up, that some people might get a laugh out of.

-Your Big Horse

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

What’s all this I’m hearing about GoM being all scaredy cats at dueling? While this might be true, you guys are obviously trying to A) duel the wrong people or 2) trying to DUEL THE WRONG PEOPLE. I spent over two hours yesterday on ET bl trying to find ANYBODY to fight. I wasn’t even being picky! I let people come at me in 1v2 to 1v5 scenarios (for a 1v1 I had to actually invite someone to my party and ask for it, a really nice ET guardian btw). Each and everytime I (no offense but I’m not exaggerating) started wrecking the group, they all turned tail and ran away. sigh

PEOPLE, IF YOU SEE A [ASH] SYLVARI THIEF, PLEASE FIGHT HIM. HE WILL NOT KILL YOU (I really don’t btw, I always play merciful but only when I’m roaming. Also there’s the exception of 1vX fights where I have to kill some players but I will kill everyone EXCEPT the last player so he can rez his mates). ENGAGE IN HONOR COMBAT WITH ME. ’TIS ALL I WANT.

To be honest, unless the person actually invite me for duel, I usually just ignore thieves. It’s not fun to fight someone that only become visible to backstab me.

So far from all thieves I fought only 3 did not used that “stealth spam” and we had an equilibrated match. The others just run, get out of combat, full hp, then hit me.

Couple of days ago, I tried to fight an asura thief in Startgrove and he also fight like that. For twice I got his hp to 20%, but he ran and kept away until he was full hp again. After 7 tries, I gave up. I mean, what’s the point? :/

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Sororita.3465

I got his hp to 20%, but he ran and kept away until he was full hp again. After 7 tries, I gave up. I mean, what’s the point? :/

majority of fights vs thieves.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

This is why I’m always roaming in EB, I can never find anyone other than zergs in the other 3 maps. Only problem is that they never wanna fight you away from the seige or guards. I always laugh when I’m chasin someone down and as soon as they get to the guards they turn around and are all like “come at me bro! I’m ready for ya now!”

Seriously though folks, if you come across a roamer and you just can’t kill them, so you decide to run into the tower, then that’s fine, but don’t hop on the cannon/AC and start spamming abilities to try and kill them. All it shows is that you don’t belong in a PvP enviornment, just escape and then move on to regroup with your zerg. I especially hate it when I’m fighting someone and his idiot servermate hops on the cannon and starts spamming it on our fight…..have a little decency, some of us prefer roaming and dueling, if you don’t then just move on and go about your business.

Oh yeah by the way, STOP RUNNIN AWAY >.< lol

Attachments:

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cyphel.3659

Cyphel.3659

FC and ET reunited…..then GoM enters the room.

<3

Attachments:

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: GenerationX.9178

GenerationX.9178

If your b****ing about being out numbered and gom running away or getting friends I recommend that you go back to PvE or PvP. There’s no way that you wont run into zerg when a server is siege. If you can only dual or 1v1 then wvw is NOT for you. WvW is for team work and because few gom are helping an allie because they want just kill you and move on so be it.

Attachments:

Generation [ RH ] [ EC ]

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

sorry to report but, most of us on GoM disagreed with giving up points to the ET/FC that needed map completion. it’s caused a lot of infighting that will most likely continue.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

azyume.6321

@Your Big Horse: great video! It’s fun to watch, some scenes are hilarious.
Now I miss my good old hammer.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

bokkieskitten.8023

sorry to report but, most of us on GoM disagreed with giving up points to the ET/FC that needed map completion. it’s caused a lot of infighting that will most likely continue.

Most? You mean some, you really mean some.

Attachments:

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

Never seen the night crew of GoM so demoralized after [WvW] guild gave all their hard work away for free earlier today. No commanders anymore, no upgrades or siege being bought and no response teams for defense either.

Hard work? Its a faceroll match up.

So you “lost” a couple gold you’d have lost at the end of the week anyways?

Its a kittening game, why take it so serious?

I doubt that.

I do have one question…

WHY? We have a 50K+ lead and we have almost everything in EB. Whats the point of taking it so serious?

While not let some ET get some map points they might not ever had the chance to get without transferring?

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

(edited by Myst.5783)

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

How many points did we really give up?
We are going to gain 20+ rating points. And it looks like we are already set to pass up SF in rank: http://mos.millenium.org/na

As for the GoM community, I personally talked to leaders of 5ish WvW guilds and they were all on board. No one even hesitated, they all supported it completely. If people really lost morale about this…

I’m not exactly a “feelings” type of guy, but have a little empathy. Should they have to server transfer to get map completion? Personally, I’m glad that we were able the other servers out with map completion.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Euryon.9248

Euryon.9248

What’s this about? I was in WvW last night for hours and didn’t hear anything about it. And I’m still sitting one one single POI for WC just like I have been for weeks (I’ve never been on a server that was green for even one week).

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Hello my friends on GoM,

I was late in making this video, but it has some footage from the last match up, that some people might get a laugh out of.

-Your Big Horse

Nice video!
I’ve got a lightning hammer ele for this exact same purpose.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Sororita.3465

Gifs, go big or go home.

Attachments:

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

TeamBattleAxe.3901

How many points did we really give up?
We are going to gain 20+ rating points. And it looks like we are already set to pass up SF in rank: http://mos.millenium.org/na

As for the GoM community, I personally talked to leaders of 5ish WvW guilds and they were all on board. No one even hesitated, they all supported it completely. If people really lost morale about this…

I’m not exactly a “feelings” type of guy, but have a little empathy. Should they have to server transfer to get map completion? Personally, I’m glad that we were able the other servers out with map completion.

I think the only people that would be mad about that would be those that spent money upgrading it in the first place. But if you guys re-upgraded it after giving it up and taking it back, then I don’t see a problem. Some people have been waiting upwards of 8 months to get their legendaries just because of undiscovered WvW vistas alone. I’m glad you were able to help them.

And congrats to those of you who got your map completions!

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Sororita.3465

whats the problem anyways, its fully upgraded now anyways

Attachments:

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thelic.1847

Thelic.1847

Thought I was in the twilight zone….

This led to the failed attempt to capture ET hill. Sadly we eventually realized there was no gate to use the golems on…

Commander Thyrian Forte – 80 Human Warrior
Gate of Madness
Leader – Zombieland [WvW]

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eveningstar.7834

Eveningstar.7834

I love the fact that GoM gave up the map for EB.
They were /bowing and /saluting us when they got that annoying last vista.

This is how the server chats played out:

GoM:
Player 1: WTH IS HAPPENING!?!
Player 2: Fight back! We’re gonna loose!!!
Player 3: Dude… let them have the stuff.
Player 4: Aww they’re bowing at us.

EB
Player 1: OMG WE LOVE YOU GoM!!
Player 2: Why are they letting us have this?
Player 3: Now I can make my legendary Q_Q
Player 4: Someone port me up! XO

AND ME…

Attachments:

Miia~ GoM

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

katz.8376

I love the fact that GoM gave up the map for EB.
They were /bowing and /saluting us when they got that annoying last vista.

This is how the server chats played out:

*GoM*:
Player 1: WTH IS HAPPENING!?!
Player 2: Fight back! We’re gonna loose!!!
Player 3: Dude... let them have the stuff.
Player 4: Aww they’re bowing at us.

*EB*
Player 2: Why are they letting us have this?
Player 3: Now I can make my legendary Q_Q
Player 4: Someone port me up! XO

AND ME...

pretty much, yeah. XD

i was the white charr mesmer dressed in blue and purple who came out and stood on the top of the wall over the door and bowed and saluted right before you broke back in... after i ran about a half a dozen ports to the vista, that is.

i think at least half a dozen Gom’s waved/saluted/bowed back. a few tried to pull me off the wall, and someone casted/shot something at me. no hard feelings to the few who tried to get me, but i backed out of range and ported back to ET BL after. you let me BORROW your keep for a few, i don’t fight back when you come to reclaim.

when you come on my stomping grounds, tho... well, let’s just say, i’m the mesmer responsible for ninja-ing back bay early this afternoon (with a friendly thief’s help. props man!). XD no. you CAN’T have all our stuff. :-P

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: madchatter.7964

madchatter.7964

EB

Attachments:

GoM – [ASH] | Check out the GoMmunity!
main: Medeina (human d/d ele)
alts: yes xP

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: madchatter.7964

madchatter.7964

Attachments:

GoM – [ASH] | Check out the GoMmunity!
main: Medeina (human d/d ele)
alts: yes xP

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

katz.8376

EB

Attachments:

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

azyume.6321

I came to add my thank you for GoM for your nice, superior and noble attitude helping us complete our maps.

I got at the lowlands with my low level mesmer when you were already knocking inner. A nice mesmer ported me up and so I was able to get the vista. I stood there, on vista, watching the control pad flip then I ported back to ET spawn point.

I can’t say for all but for me and I hope for the majority, the poi and vista is a morale booster, an incentive to continue fighting for ET. That’s something that we really need after all the transfers and the, unfortunately, southsun living story.

Anyway:

Guardian Commander

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zhalfirin.4532

Zhalfirin.4532

I think the only people that would be mad about that would be those that spent money upgrading it in the first place. But if you guys re-upgraded it after giving it up and taking it back, then I don’t see a problem.

It would have been nice if they had re-upgraded it. Except at 4am I walk over to the ET side to find its all just been left as paper for 3 hours. And no, none of it flipped in the mean time, that’s why no one else bothered to go over there.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Sororita.3465

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Hey, when you’re done burning through more gold than I’ll ever have on suicide-racing some golems into the enemy spawn, you should hook your boy Taquito up with a Quip or Chaos Gun. Just sayin’.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Sororita.3465

so many GoM PvE commanders are coming out….

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Floofs.3574

so many GoM PvE commanders are coming out….

I was wondering why I saw so many tags on you guys but I thought I was just going crazy.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Sororita.3465

when we going to start the world exp train around fc/et BLs? ( i would say gom too but people get touchy)

seriously , we have 10 golems, you guys have 10 golems. we go cap, you wait the 5 mins buff then you cap and we keep going around the map, sweet exp,silver and karma for all!

also, chillin’

Attachments:

(edited by Sororita.3465)

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hematuria.4051

Hematuria.4051

Since the map colors have gone to random each week, there’s no need to beg for a POI to get map completion anymore. Just wait until you randomly get that map at reset.

I’m not knocking anyone being nice, just saying they switched things up to help out this problem anyway.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

bokkieskitten.8023

Alright…. this thread is dead…

Someone dance with me…

Attachments:

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kazami.2416

Kazami.2416

Zzz, EB is becoming boring. . . my favorite place is all green! ET and FC do some work! So we can take it back again.

Commander Yuuka- Human Thief [GoM]
Gate of Madness – Guild of Madness
That person is that Yuuka with Unicorns.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Hard work? Its a faceroll match up.

So you “lost” a couple gold you’d have lost at the end of the week anyways?

Its a kittening game, why take it so serious?

I doubt that.

I do have one question…

WHY? We have a 50K+ lead and we have almost everything in EB. Whats the point of taking it so serious?

While not let some ET get some map points they might not ever had the chance to get without transferring?

considering the massive amount of quotes and replies, i wouldn’t say it’s me taking it seriously.
server>alliance>guild
EDIT: the act itself doesn’t bother me at all, the fact that one guild held its opinions higher than everyone else’s does. GoM’s alliance isn’t a few guilds, it’s many. it would do well to remember that fact.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

(edited by Lightsbane.9012)