Attachments:

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ebony.5738

Ebony.5738

1v1 duelz anyone? ET BL behind the windmill lets do it up and keep it clean =)

Verdánt

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

Why am I still awake…. oh god….

Attachments:

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: madchatter.7964

madchatter.7964

Why am I still awake…. oh god….

GoM – [ASH] | Check out the GoMmunity!
main: Medeina (human d/d ele)
alts: yes xP

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Eh, I’m starting to like the gifs.

Not cool to walk the whole map because we don’t have WPs. lol

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Colt.9051

Colt.9051

Had a pretty fun time roaming FC’s BLs today Initially it went kinda meh in the beginning after I was reminded of the last matchup I often saw FC holed up in Briar when I’d just only show my head for a hello Afterwards I had pretty fun fights roaming elsewhere with my fellow ART friend and co. and had an especially great fight with the 4v6+adds by the Astral/Stargrove/Foghaven area! I bowed at the end both to give props and thanks for a fun fight there, tho you got me and a fellow upscale the next time we came by, tho I busted a gut laughing at the 10+ manhunt for my theif friend as we lay dead xD I look forward to having more good fights with ya’ll!

Also, where is Mr. Moobs A.K.A Mr. Mobos now? I miss my dueling buddy And if you see this my Mesmer is no longer the same without confusion

Daeaera ~ Leader of Grape Justice! [FGJ]

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: sebrandon.2835

sebrandon.2835

I haven’t been in WvW at all since this matchup started. I was gone Friday night only to wake up on Saturday and have all 3 keeps in EB with waypoints.

Oh well, there is always next week. Kinda miss trading blows with DH.

Alessa Greywind [HzH]
Jade Quarry Commander

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nessuno.1253

Nessuno.1253

hahaha at least you guys are really enjoying your week off

Agrippa The Snake
Perfect Dark [PD]

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

On vacation
won’t be able to get back on til after the matchup unfortunately

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eveningstar.7834

Eveningstar.7834

Never seen the night crew of GoM so demoralized after [WvW] guild gave all their hard work away for free earlier today. No commanders anymore, no upgrades or siege being bought and no response teams for defense either.

Hard work? Its a faceroll match up.

So you “lost” a couple gold you’d have lost at the end of the week anyways?

Its a kittening game, why take it so serious?

sorry to report but, most of us on GoM disagreed with giving up points to the ET/FC that needed map completion. it’s caused a lot of infighting that will most likely continue.

I doubt that.

I do have one question…

WHY? We have a 50K+ lead and we have almost everything in EB. Whats the point of taking it so serious?

While not let some ET get some map points they might not ever had the chance to get without transferring?

considering the massive amount of quotes and replies, i wouldn’t say it’s me taking it seriously.
server>alliance>guild
EDIT: the act itself doesn’t bother me at all, the fact that one guild held its opinions higher than everyone else’s does. GoM’s alliance isn’t a few guilds, it’s many. it would do well to remember that fact.

It wasn’t just one guild it was an alliance.
And GoM gained much more than we lost… Really we outman them so much we don’t need sieges.

Everyone was raging about them taking over… but once it was time to take stuff back, you guys sounded like you loved it. There’s nothing to do in WvW if we own everything.

Not trying to start a fight or anything, but it wasn’t that huge of a deal.
And to any GoM player that whined about loosing IRL money because of siege… Don’t waste it on WvW, it’d be gone in a week anyway.

Miia~ GoM

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

1v1 duelz anyone? ET BL behind the windmill lets do it up and keep it clean =)

heres your view if i was to come over there

(now respond in gikittend sir!)

Attachments:

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Never seen the night crew of GoM so demoralized after [WvW] guild gave all their hard work away for free earlier today. No commanders anymore, no upgrades or siege being bought and no response teams for defense either.

sorry to report but, most of us on GoM disagreed with giving up points to the ET/FC that needed map completion. it’s caused a lot of infighting that will most likely continue.

I doubt that.

I do have one question…

WHY? We have a 50K+ lead and we have almost everything in EB. Whats the point of taking it so serious?

While not let some ET get some map points they might not ever had the chance to get without transferring?

considering the massive amount of quotes and replies, i wouldn’t say it’s me taking it seriously.
server>alliance>guild
EDIT: the act itself doesn’t bother me at all, the fact that one guild held its opinions higher than everyone else’s does. GoM’s alliance isn’t a few guilds, it’s many. it would do well to remember that fact.

It wasn’t the whole alliance, just some guilds in it. I don’t think the people who made the decision kinda expected it would be so unpopular with some other people (in the alliance and outside it) – nothin like this has ever come up before that I know of and I don’t know if there was a clear cut decision. I didn’t expect it to be honest, though I had learned after the fact. After hearing some from the people who were upset I can see their point of view, I’m pretty 50/50 on it.

People are there to fight against FC and ET, not to help them and they don’t really like being prevented from doin so, which is fair and valid. I’m glad ET got their vistas.

Edit: Probably should avoid this sort of thing in the future.

Gate of Madness

(edited by styx.7294)

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Sororita.3465

Probably should avoid this sort of thing in the future.

back to spawn camping then, sigh.

ill just watch from mendons again.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

[/quote]

It wasn’t the whole alliance, just some guilds in it. I don’t think the people who made the decision kinda expected it would be so unpopular with some other people (in the alliance and outside it) – nothin like this has ever come up before that I know of and I don’t know if there was a clear cut decision. I didn’t expect it to be honest, though I had learned after the fact. After hearing some from the people who were upset I can see their point of view, I’m pretty 50/50 on it.

People are there to fight against FC and ET, not to help them and they don’t really like being prevented from doin so, which is fair and valid. I’m glad ET got their vistas.

Edit: Probably should avoid this sort of thing in the future.[/quote]

Agreed. Yes a lot of us are out of pocket and feel like what ever we do on “night crew” from now on will just be given away again for glory and fame but for over half a year I have been on this server and this is the first time I have seen GoM devided and fighting each other over what was a noble gesture but also a huge screw up, I honestly thought we had weekly meetings in TS3 about this sorta stuff or at least an opinion that doesn’t come with an insult from someone who has been on this server for less than a month.

Are we even Gates Of Madness anymore???

:There is more to WvW than EB: for those wondering what to do.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

bokkieskitten.8023

I don’t care at all, because it is a game.

Attachments:

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

GoM guys are mad about giving up the keep and taking it back within an hour? You guys know that you have the highest lead in all of the NA match ups, right? You guys just need to relax and look at all the nice gifs.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: shyrith.3462

shyrith.3462

Oh wow. Even though I wasn’t there for it, it is awesome that you guys did that for us. Thanks so much!

ET and proud to be!

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

I doubt that.

I do have one question…

server>alliance>guild

I think some people have forgotten that we have been in a similar position that is currently facing ET and FC. And nobody and I mean NOBODY ever gave us a break.

Glad they got their map completion but I will be relieved when this match is over with.

Every time I log into GOM BL at night…theres hardly anybody playing and some GOM in map chat were imploring people NOT to attack.

I could understand if there was a scheduled FIGHT CLUB but there wasnt. I left of course…because people were being bullying about it but like I said….I will be relieved when this match is completed .

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

I doubt that.

I do have one question…

server>alliance>guild

And GoM gained much more than we lost… Really we outman them so much we don’t need sieges.

Everyone was raging about them taking over… but once it was time to take stuff back, you guys sounded like you loved it. There’s nothing to do in WvW if we own everything.

Not trying to start a fight or anything, but it wasn’t that huge of a deal.
And to any GoM player that whined about loosing IRL money because of siege… Don’t waste it on WvW, it’d be gone in a week anyway.

okay bro, so lets ask fc/et if we can farm the guards at their respective north camps. think they’ll oblige?
’wasn’t just one guild, it was the alliance’
so all guilds agreed, okiedokie.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eveningstar.7834

Eveningstar.7834

I think some people have forgotten that we have been in a similar position that is currently facing ET and FC. And nobody and I mean NOBODY ever gave us a break.

Glad they got their map completion but I will be relieved when this match is over with.

Every time I log into GOM BL at night…theres hardly anybody playing and some GOM in map chat were imploring people NOT to attack.

I could understand if there was a scheduled FIGHT CLUB but there wasnt. I left of course…because people were being bullying about it but like I said….I will be relieved when this match is completed .

Just because other servers wouldn’t give US a break, it doesn’t we can’t give others. It’s like saying no one’s nice to me, so I have no reason to be nice to others.

I’ve been on GoM since 3-day headstart… I’ve never transfered even when it was free and I do remeber how horrible we were back then.

Give the people a break, it’s a game.. and Our server just ROFL- stomps everything atm anyway. It’s no fun for any one atm.

@Lightsbane: Bro, stop being so kitten. I ain’t even mad. :P Or are you hungry?

Miia~ GoM

(edited by Eveningstar.7834)

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dsybok.1405

Dsybok.1405

I doubt that.

I do have one question…

server>alliance>guild

Everyone will be relieved when this match is over, because it stopped being fun about 3 hours into the week. I can’t imagine its any more fun for GOM to see an almost completely green map. Its certainly not fun to see 15 siege engines sitting outside tkitten spawn for FC, that’s just idiotic. It took an hour just to break out of the spawn last night. That’s stupid. Anet has some work to do on these matchups for evening the playing field, but until then, a lot of us on these beaten down servers are finding other things to do with our time when its so ridiculously lopsided.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Ascenion of Elements
Sylvari Ele main

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

its funny. some GoM are so upset about this. i know it’s a WAR game and all, where we’re supposed to be fighting each other, but allowing us to BORROW your keep for an hour to get our POIs and vistas was an incredible gesture of goodwill. that one little thing that some GoMs decided to do made a whole lot of happiness to a whole lot of people. put a spark back in their game when they WERE hopeless.

to those who were for it... THANK YOU.

to those who were against it... i dunno what to say. if yer upset about a few gold in upgrades, tho. who are you. i’ll friggn mail it to you. it’s worth it to me to see the raise in morale in my server.

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jakare.6807

Jakare.6807

Seriously though folks, if you come across a roamer and you just can’t kill them, so you decide to run into the tower, then that’s fine, but don’t hop on the cannon/AC and start spamming abilities to try and kill them. All it shows is that you don’t belong in a PvP enviornment, just escape and then move on to regroup with your zerg. I especially hate it when I’m fighting someone and his idiot servermate hops on the cannon and starts spamming it on our fight…..have a little decency, some of us prefer roaming and dueling, if you don’t then just move on and go about your business.

You’ve just gotta remember the 5 d’s of WvW. Dodge, dip, duck dive and dodge!

I’ve ran with you a few times man, you’re a good thief, but if you want 1v1 “fair” duels then you’re fresh out of luck. Being on the smallest of the 3 servers just exacerbates the situation.

WvW fights are chaotic, unfair, and rarely if ever going to be in your favour. Luckily, thief is one of the classes that excels at 1v1 combat, and can have a lot of control over engaging and disengaging at will. If you’re in danger of losing a fight, just back off and let them come to you. It’s what everyone else (GoM) does if they’re losing the fight.

The thing that separates the really good players from the average players in WvW is the ability to win despite the circumstances. Think about it, would you rather win a 1v1 under fair conditions, or win when you’re under siege fire, with NPC guards on your ass, and GoM under levelled pugs ready to jump down from their tower at any point to stomp your kitten if you go down? You win with all that kitten going on around you and people know your someone worth their salt.

Just switch out that spider venom you always run for signet of agility, learn the timing and get used to dodging. Think of it like obstacle course training.

Hit me up anytime you want to roam.

Úchî/Aulrathil
[TI] Team Ignition (Gandara)

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

If only there was a game i could play with a whole bunch of other people all by myself. Then we would all agree with me.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Seriously though folks, if you come across a roamer and you just can’t kill them, so you decide to run into the tower, then that’s fine, but don’t hop on the cannon/AC and start spamming abilities to try and kill them. All it shows is that you don’t belong in a PvP enviornment, just escape and then move on to regroup with your zerg. I especially hate it when I’m fighting someone and his idiot servermate hops on the cannon and starts spamming it on our fight…..have a little decency, some of us prefer roaming and dueling, if you don’t then just move on and go about your business.

You’ve just gotta remember the 5 d’s of WvW. Dodge, dip, duck dive and dodge!

I’ve ran with you a few times man, you’re a good thief, but if you want 1v1 “fair” duels then you’re fresh out of luck. Being on the smallest of the 3 servers just exacerbates the situation.

WvW fights are chaotic, unfair, and rarely if ever going to be in your favour. Luckily, thief is one of the classes that excels at 1v1 combat, and can have a lot of control over engaging and disengaging at will. If you’re in danger of losing a fight, just back off and let them come to you. It’s what everyone else (GoM) does if they’re losing the fight.

The thing that separates the really good players from the average players in WvW is the ability to win despite the circumstances. Think about it, would you rather win a 1v1 under fair conditions, or win when you’re under siege fire, with NPC guards on your ass, and GoM under levelled pugs ready to jump down from their tower at any point to stomp your kitten if you go down? You win with all that kitten going on around you and people know your someone worth their salt.

Just switch out that spider venom you always run for signet of agility, learn the timing and get used to dodging. Think of it like obstacle course training.

Hit me up anytime you want to roam.

I hope to run into both of you out there. Even though I’m on GoM and we out-number you guys pretty drastically this week, I’m usually off on my own looking for some 1vX.

If you ever see an RH gunslinger thief out and about, send me a /w or party invite and I’ll give you some fights.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

I hope to run into both of you out there. Even though I’m on GoM and we out-number you guys pretty drastically this week, I’m usually off on my own looking for some 1vX.

If you ever see an RH gunslinger thief out and about, send me a /w or party invite and I’ll give you some fights.

Copy this post and replace “gunslinger thief” with “black sylvari mesmer”

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jesse.4631

Jesse.4631

So is there a fight club this week?

Pink Sylvari FTW!

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

GoM = <3 for allowing people get map completions. I love the graciousness.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Floofs.3574

Floofs.3574

I would assume Thursday, 7pm est. Green bl windmill, bring your wife and kids.

Also, ima beat you this time.

Gurrrrrlllllll- The red-haired Sylvari Mesmer you keep killing.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Give me more gifs or drama!!!!! I need something to read

Attachments:

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

No other server has aloud us to get every poi / map completion BUT i do remember yaks having us spawn camped, they backed off and let us take a tower, recaped it and backed off again.

Also replace “gunslinger thief” and “black sylvari mesmer” with “S/d Thief” or you can duel my lvl 10 duel axe kick warrior

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

bokkieskitten.8023

I think we should go to the north camp, actually. All of those orb guards are gone, so we have like this stadium with a fight pit in the middle. So, no hogs to knock us around and safe spots to watch. Good idea? I’ll bring fire works!!!

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

TeamBattleAxe.3901

I think we should go to the north camp, actually. All of those orb guards are gone, so we have like this stadium with a fight pit in the middle. So, no hogs to knock us around and safe spots to watch. Good idea? I’ll bring fire works!!!

I like this idea a lot. In fact, we should do that tonight as a test run.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Jesse.4631

Wow thats actually a really good idea… can you let us build a waypoint in your garrison so we don’t have to walk So far?

I’ll gladly be part of this test run

Pink Sylvari FTW!

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

bokkieskitten.8023

Wow thats actually a really good idea… can you let us build a waypoint in your garrison so we don’t have to walk So far?

Well, since the Queen has moved into Stonemist for the week….I suppose…Oh, wait, sadly we can not. I am sorry. But we will send a group to escort you to the arena!

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Floofs.3574

Floofs.3574

That is a sweet idea. What time?

Gurrrrrlllllll- The red-haired Sylvari Mesmer you keep killing.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

bokkieskitten.8023

9pm est? Does that work for everyone?

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: madchatter.7964

madchatter.7964

Well, since the Queen has moved into Stonemist for the week….I suppose…Oh, wait, sadly we can not. I am sorry. But we will send a group to escort you to the arena!

Ooo, I volunteer, sounds like fun! Official uniform: naked with fireworks?? Tonic with fireworks??

Attachments:

GoM – [ASH] | Check out the GoMmunity!
main: Medeina (human d/d ele)
alts: yes xP

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

bokkieskitten.8023

Tonic. We have class!

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Jesse.4631

:D kk ill be waiting for my my escorts at 9 est! Dont be lateeee

Pink Sylvari FTW!

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

bokkieskitten.8023

We’ll meet you at the ruins! I’ll be the dark haired lady with the tardis coloured dress! See you then!

Attachments:

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Sororita.3465

ill bring the omega, kittens love omegas.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Also replace “gunslinger thief” and “black sylvari mesmer” with “S/d Thief” or you can duel my lvl 10 duel axe kick warrior

Don’t no one say my guild don’t put out!

Gate of Madness

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Don’t no one say my guild don’t put out!

Just don’t duel our ranger. He is pretty bad.

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: sioux.1653

sioux.1653

Oh really…….

Attachments:

Bluebell Jones – Engineers rule
Riva Lea – Wonder Twin Powers, Activate!
Eredon Terrace

6/7 GoM - FC - ET

in Match-ups

bokkieskitten.8023

Just a bump to let everyone know they can start heading toward the new fight club area for our test run! I’ll be heading down to the ruin in GoM BL to escort ET and FC members!