6/7: SBI vs AR vs IoJ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

Gotta slow dem AR. IOJ, we’ll give you cookies, many chocolate cookies for putting pressure on AR.

in Match-ups

Posted by: VanysRonz.4061

VanysRonz.4061

well, I am so impressed with AR, you can field lots of numbers up against us, and I am love to have some field fighting with you guys. However IOJ really make me disappointed. IOJ has zero contribution to this matchup, they can keep up the score just because we are busy and having fun with AR(I am still impressive with your numbers of omega golems, I never saw any others server such as SoS, Mag or CD will be like that). IOJ should practice more your own tactics and directly facing us on the battlefield but not hiding behind walls or follow AR’s tail to cap useless towers and camps.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

Lol…… ohnet kicking us in the face as we attack SBI hills atm lol gg WvWkick

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

well, I am so impressed with AR, you can field lots of numbers up against us, and I am love to have some field fighting with you guys. However IOJ really make me disappointed. IOJ has zero contribution to this matchup, they can keep up the score just because we are busy and having fun with AR(I am still impressive with your numbers of omega golems, I never saw any others server such as SoS, Mag or CD will be like that). IOJ should practice more your own tactics and directly facing us on the battlefield but not hiding behind walls or follow AR’s tail to cap useless towers and camps.

News Flash!!

IoJ is T6, you dropped from T4. I’m sure the last thing they are worried about is impressing a T4 drop out.

-K

-K

in Match-ups

Posted by: nbvcxz.9248

nbvcxz.9248

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL @ number of Omega Golems.

Scar
Guild Leader | Raid Commander of Organization Zero | [Zero]
The official Seige Master of Crystal Desert

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Whether they’re worried about it or not, I’ve been impressed with IoJ. They spam siege like no ones business and put up a good showing when outnumbered in ZvZ. We don’t see much of them but that’s just a population issue.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in Match-ups

Posted by: VanysRonz.4061

VanysRonz.4061

News Flash!!

IoJ is T6, you dropped from T4. I’m sure the last thing they are worried about is impressing a T4 drop out.

-K

Personally I prefer fighting in tier 5 rather than tier 4, I do think SBI is a tier 5 server and looking forward to match with AR and BP. So far we have some balance matches with AR and I am really enjoy about it. But IOJ is not the one I expected. I disagree with their playing style which just play for points and ranks. Under the new matchup system, rank is meaningless after they put in random roll. I prefer have some fun in every single matchup rather than always look at the score. That’s the main reason why I am not impressive with IOJ.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Start getting into this matchup halfway into video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

We don’t need a double team to keep up with you.

Yes, you do. That much is obvious. I’m not complaining, the team with more numbers should be 2v1’d. You’re delusional if you actually believe what you said, though.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gravy.7589

Gravy.7589

Just did Tequila the Taco Dragon and it made me miss AR and IOJ just a little bit. This new pve mode that ANET has instituted makes my kitten angry. KITTEN!!!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

@Nom- I was the one leading the SM take, we were heavily outnumbered so we barely held it for 2 ticks though =p

To the guys not impressed at IoJ? Well sorry to disappoint but If the only way you guys get impressed is by winning constant ZvZ fights than it ain’t gonna happen. Both SBI and AR outman us badly, yet we are holding our areas as best as we can and still able to cap areas under your noses :P ( Example: SM, Jerri ).

I am not looking to start any argument or meant to insult anybody by that, I like that there has been no whiners or people flaming a server for X reason.

IoJ is having fun, even when we get destroyed by large numbers or when we successfully defend an area with low odds =) Keep up the good fights AR and SBI. Cheers

Commander Nachonix

in Match-ups

Posted by: KinkyGiraffe.4123

KinkyGiraffe.4123

“Hiding behind the walls”
Where else do you expect us to cower when theres 10 of us in a keep and 30 AR on one gate and 30 SBI on the other!?

As soon as we saw we were up against SBI we knew we werent going to even get second. We came off a huge win by stomping DR and FC and we had a lot of fairweathers, now our servers empty which is disappointing.

Last night (i think) SBI was storming us in EB with golems and AR had us outmanned in our own borderlands (that should never happen) Gunthix tkitten commander had 10 people with him, i had 10 people with me in IoJ! We usually have 40-50+ people on during that time and we couldn’t even scrounge up 20?!

Not complaining about the double team, if that didnt happen we wouldnt have lost a single keep (had a lot of experienced people on) the garrison hit caught us off gaurd and you were at inner before we reacted garri turned red as our eb keep turned green!
But as soon as we lost it we sieged up woodhaven and trebbed that wall down! IoJ will never give up no matter how hard we get knocked down.

They are a Karma train (almost always). I think [Crit] properly welcomed you guys to the Tier a few times this weekend though.

Do you have any of those screenshots?

My screenshot button fell out when we wiped that guild group
Totally not lying
>.>

This matchup is a lot better than last weeks, keep it up guys! <3

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

Mastermavrick.2439

Great fight @Mendon’s SBI ;D a few hours

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

The sheer amount of people from stormbluff on off-hours ruins the legitimacy of this entire affair.

I honestly cannot take WvW seriously when I see a zerg of 100+ facerolling everything against maybe a half dozen manvil rock dudes running around taking supply camps. I downed countless numbers of stombluff only for the entire zerg to descend on their corpse and rez him because I reached the AoE cap.

If you guys ever get tired of zerging, I’ll be in the mists.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jyeoi.6027

Jyeoi.6027

IoJ, if SBI is no longer red it means it’s wooden and the recap zerg usually leaves about 20 minutes after they recap their BL and go to EB.

AR does have smarter players than we do on the whole. That statement right there is someone who reads the maps and understands the flow of battle.

Accurate statement. SBI cares too much about the home BL and EB.

I can only teach people how to setup organized WvW. After that it’s the students that have to perform.

I get chuckles reading people say SBI numbers this week. Against other servers we are the one usually outnumbered. Wish WvW pop could be more balanced though.

Yulo – Champions of Stormbluff [SBI]

in Match-ups

Posted by: nyckolag.2394

nyckolag.2394

To the small group of ALS and WAR that hangs around the IoJ ruins in EB a lot of the time – you guys should really work on your game. You’re really awesome at hitting that solo player that’s running to the zerg! But when you’re faced with even numbers; gosh, all I ever see is your back and a mesmer’s veil as you run away!

BTW, I’m the mesmer that you guys threatened to “hunt”. I’m yet to die from one of you ALS guys 1v1… or even 1v2. In fact, I don’t think any of you have killed me yet. :S All talk, by the looks of it!

Fellblade is best blade.
Leader and head forum barbarian for [roam]

in Match-ups

Posted by: GavinGoodrich.1382

GavinGoodrich.1382

SBI’s map defenders seem to have learned proper map defense almost overnight. Nice.

Sunnyhill defense looked snazzy with nothing more than upgraded doors/walls to buy time, but the siege placement made me turn right around, knowing anything I put down was gonna get instantly countersieged and I was outta superior rams and didn’t even have a +5 buff. Was still in blegh mode the entire day, lol. BETTER DAY TODAY, RAWR.

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

GavinGoodrich.1382

^i mean the ones that didn’t know it. lol

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

Gravy.7589

SBI cares too much about our BL’s? Um yeah…..lol. We generally run Karma trains in our own BL’s then run to EB. Just lulz.

(edited by Gravy.7589)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

Well, looks like a good match up. I picked a heck of a week for tPvP. May have to drop in and mess around in there. Would like to set up a FC at the end of the week, considering the new match up randomness. If anyone is interested, let me know and we can set something up for Thursday or Friday, depending on peoples schedules. Always enjoy having a go at different builds/classes and learning something new.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in Match-ups

Posted by: Agriope.4523

Agriope.4523

Enjoyed IoJ and SBI this morning roaming with my thief buddy from vT, Thorp. Hope you guys enjoyed the fights at camps and in open-field too.

Agriope – Purple hair’d menace.
Violent Tendency [vT]; twitch.tv/agriope & YouTube Agriope
#ProfessionalNomad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rinzler.8072

Rinzler.8072

No hate, but…

IOJ and SBI, where is your small group/solo talent?

All my guild seems to run into is:

A: Zergs
B: Cowards (Even when they outnumber us 2:1)
C: Equal size groups that get utterly destroyed

The only semi decent fights we have run into are JQ and a few GEN peeps.

Rinzler [Mesmer] -BROLIS PASS- Violent Tendencies (vT)
Videos:

in Match-ups

Mammoth.1975

I’ve been thinking the same thing. I keep running into guild groups from AR that die to a handful of people responding to ‘X AR at Y’ calls. I never bother remembering the tags unfortunately.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’ve enjoyed this match-up. Been roaming our BL more than anything because I can’t get into EB at all thanks to the queue and disconnecting, but them’s the breaks. I think all of the servers have their share of bad players, and I’ve killed players from every guild that’s posted in this thread from the other servers in small man skirmishes. Some are really good, some are really bad. Sometimes my guild loses, and sometimes my guild wins. It all seems like business as usual to me.

For people who aren’t familiar with SBI, I’ll explain a bit. We have no major WvW guilds, and while we have guilds with a greater presence in WvW than others, they’re all PvX and they don’t have a presence all days of the week. We are a group comprised of the surviving players from when every major WvW guild left the server in December and early January. Our strongest presence every day of the week is always EB, not our BL or any other BL, because that’s where the pubs have the most fun. We have lots of very good commanders, but since they all work with pubs, what they can achieve is limited. If you want small man skirmishing with us, please try our BL and not EB, although given how much attention both servers have been dedicating to our BL, I can’t guarantee you’ll find much in the way of small-man skirmishing there. I will also say that we are strongest in NA prime, weakest in Oceanic prime, and are only good at open field with certain commanders leading (usually in NA prime and only on days when they’re playing).

It has been nice to lose a lot of stuff in our BL to both other servers, but it has limited our ability to give you any fights in your BLs. I’m sorry for that. We cannot queue two maps at a time, and the only reason we had so many players on reset night this week is because we haven’t been green in a long time and a ton of PvE players needed world exploration. That all said, it’s been fun fighting over our holdings when they’re all paper all the time. We’ve lost some good fights at our garrison, and hats off to the groups that take it when they do. (We’ve gotten you a lot too, though!)

Anyway, despite the slight score differences, it has been a very fun and even match-up over all, and I am going to miss you guys when we all part ways at the end of the week. If you ever want to fight me, whisper me in-game and if I’m not busy I’ll happily oblige. Cheers.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

(edited by Rising Dusk.2408)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pedra.4381

Pedra.4381

Anyway, despite the slight score differences, it has been a very fun and even match-up over all, and I am going to miss you guys when we all part ways at the end of the week. If you ever want to fight me, whisper me in-game and if I’m not busy I’ll happily oblige. Cheers.

This week has been a breath of fresh air for AR. Both SBI and IOJ have been a welcome relief to the doldrums of Ebay and Borlis for 13 weeks (especially when we couldn’t field half of Ebay’s numbers).

All in all, this match up has been great fun. I wish I could play more.

JonPeters.5630:]I do still believe ranger is the profession in most need of improvement…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Redgrass.3067

Redgrass.3067

Just putting it out there…WAR is in a kind of a rebuild phase. The “karma” trains that people love to hate, are a base teaching tool we use to get new GW 2 players familiar with WvW. It farms them badges/karma so when they hit 80 they have enough karma to buy the exotic Orr gear and the wvw exotic weapons. I would say we are about 2 server weeks away until we are really formidable.

Last night our “karma” train accounted for two keep takes, multiple tower/camp flips, and little things to keep you guys on your toes..in both IoJ and SBI. It has a snowball effect that is too fast to chase with a 40 man zerg. If you dont track it down and kill it a few times you will pay. To make matters worse we prefer the “outmanned” buff to boost our xp/karma output per hour. WAR learned this from our resident zerg idiot Nomnom back in the day. No matter how outnumbered and outclassed you maybe in open field…he “karma” train always works.

SBI we are creeping on a come up!

Cmdr. Sinema Kane-80 Necro
Lil Bully-80 Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

No hate, but…

Lol, that is pretty much all we have on SBI. And, we are getting out butts kicked. Our “evolution” is down -118K, 4 times worse than any NA server. Either SBI players who think we are doing well don’t pay attention to this or don’t think it matters or is not a true indication of performance.

http://mos.millenium.org/na/

We don’t defend or siege up anything we take, we run one commander for one zerg on any one map. Anyone who dares display a second commander tag is beat down by the SBI community for interfering in its strategy which is, see above…I won’t say this is a bad thing. It’s one long zerg for rank and skill points, by retaking and losing and retaking the same points. It works wonderfully well, for someone. I know our guild wanted to run a commander tag so we could organize our guild for a WvW and we were promptly told to turn it off.

I don’t know if SBI commanders don’t defend towers because they don’t what to, or because the player base won’t do it and they have given up trying. But, it is clear the score suffers because you guys take away what had been won and hold it longer with reinforced walls and seige. Unless someone sees what I don’t. Anybody ever find any siege in an tower they have taken from SBI?

My hats off to AR and loJ. You guys play well. Must get frustrating sometimes to see the SBI zerg run by a tower and not stop to PvP. Stop reinforcing those walls and putting up seige and we will be happy to stop by

in Match-ups

Posted by: Agriope.4523

Agriope.4523

Do what we do when someone tries that nonsense in map chat, block ‘em and/or return the favor if you’re feeling fiesty. If you want to organize your guild, then kitten those clowns. They don’t roll your guild for you and frankly you don’t answer to them.

I saw a commander the other day tell someone to turn off their tag on AR; they got barked at for it so much they left the map 5 minutes later. Guess it’s all about who’s present.

Agriope – Purple hair’d menace.
Violent Tendency [vT]; twitch.tv/agriope & YouTube Agriope
#ProfessionalNomad

in Match-ups

KinkyGiraffe.4123

In IoJ its common courtesy to not tag up if another commander is doing their thing, we let the commander know we’re there if they need to tag out at all.

If you have enough people in your guild group that you need the tag head to a borderlands with no commander?

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

Mammoth.1975

I’m sure you’ve noticed that we don’t generally need our zergs to be bigger this week though Giraffe. Besides which, if we do temporarily, it’s just a matter of having a chat to the other commander on TS. It’s quite difficult to fight 2 servers properly with 1 commander when you’re being explicitly ganged on, although it seems like that’s no longer so much of an issue :P

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rinzler.8072

Rinzler.8072

Man, the way you guys in SBI sound, your WvW is full of kittens. Almost makes me wanna transfer jsut to tell them to stfu, And give me a chance to Kill some AR folk who need need it :-p

Ahh, if we ever get locked in a tier with you guys it would almost be worth it.

Oh if any of you SBI folk want me to hunt specific guilds, Let me know :-)

Rinzler [Mesmer] -BROLIS PASS- Violent Tendencies (vT)
Videos:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

I think we spent so long in 3rd place that we forgot how to deal with having more than two forts.

Checking the score right now, we have one. There we go, comfortable territory. Good thing I have exams coming up to keep me busy or this server would drive me insane.

in Match-ups

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Please excuse our server while we enjoy our fun with the Dragon Bash. The WvW party should resume shortly.

Thank you AR and IOJ for showing what it is like to have a even fight that is not ruled by the night. We have not had that in a while. It is building character on our server.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Match-ups

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

Last thing i’d wanna see outside a heavy zerg is <a red name plate - rank> [vT]. not too many small groups have that kind of coordination.

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

in Match-ups

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

No hate, but…

I’d love to fight you all with equal numbers. So far I have seen you 3 or 4 when it is just me :P

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

Gravy.7589

SBI is a pve server, thought that was obvious. Seems some AR posters are turning into Ebay posters. Kittening and all, like some of you stated you hate about Ebay.

Outmanned in our BL’s and in EB, great day on SBI, lol.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Icy.1396

Icy.1396

SBI is a pve server, thought that was obvious. Seems some AR posters are turning into Ebay posters. Kittening and all, like some of you stated you hate about Ebay.

Outmanned in our BL’s and in EB, great day on SBI, lol.

most AR people that actually post here don’t really do much to help our cause.
Trolls will be trolls.

Smuurr
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Mastermavrick.2439

HAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAA thank Anet in middle of capping IoJ Garrison and all kicked lol…..2nd time this week its happened gota LOVE IT.

@jimmiesrustled
@demfeels

(edited by Mastermavrick.2439)

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheJewpacabro.2907

TheJewpacabro.2907

I guess ANet didn’t have enough people playing their stupid expansions

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheJewpacabro.2907

TheJewpacabro.2907

IOJ dodged a bullet

in Match-ups

Pedra.4381

I’d love to fight you all with equal numbers. So far I have seen you 3 or 4 when it is just me :P

If you are that [Prot] Norn Ranger that I and my Thief roaming partner ran into on Sunday, my hats off to you. Came around that corner and boom, we were in a cat fight. Two on one, I think the outcome was a foregone conclusion but you put up a heck of a fight. Afterwards, both of us commented that you were one tough Ranger.

JonPeters.5630:]I do still believe ranger is the profession in most need of improvement…

in Match-ups

Posted by: veggies.2178

veggies.2178

I would say AR is quite pve bound too along with spvp, we even got pve only commanders. One being me

Axyd — [TWIN]

in Match-ups

Pedra.4381

I would say AR is quite pve bound too along with spvp, we even got pve only commanders. One being me

We still love you though, Axyd.

Btw, he’s the Necro that you all see charging solo into the middle of 50 man zergs. He’s always yelling something though I’m never sure exactly what.

in Match-ups

GavinGoodrich.1382

Confirming i saw the “upcoming update” message this time…even suggested to the guys “hey don’t don’t get crazy, reset coming” having experienced enough TWO MINUTES LATER…resets

You went for the cookie jar…knowing you mighta gotten caught before ya got it, and got caught. Deal with it good try tho AR. U got balls.

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

No hate, but…

As someone who solo’s all the time, and doesn’t run with a “guild” let me say that I get zerged far more by AR then I do by IoJ

you’re not as bad as Dragonbrand though..or SoS..

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Match-ups

Posted by: Walabone.6713

Walabone.6713

Good work, AR. Keep it up!

Walabone – Borlis Pass
Ascension [WAR] Officer | [ÆÆÆÆ] | Driver of BP’s GvG guild [BB]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

If you are that [Prot] Norn Ranger that I and my Thief roaming partner ran into on Sunday, my hats off to you. Came around that corner and boom, we were in a cat fight. Two on one, I think the outcome was a foregone conclusion but you put up a heck of a fight. Afterwards, both of us commented that you were one tough Ranger.

Yea that was me

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

KinkyGiraffe.4123

I’m sure you’ve noticed that we don’t generally need our zergs to be bigger this week though Giraffe. Besides which, if we do temporarily, it’s just a matter of having a chat to the other commander on TS. It’s quite difficult to fight 2 servers properly with 1 commander when you’re being explicitly ganged on, although it seems like that’s no longer so much of an issue :P

This week is sad for us, we can barely have enough people for 2 commanders let alone fight on 2 fronts! (during oceanics, our NAs have been stomping!)

I think youll find theres a lot of small teams trying to defend/attack places in IoJ, we try not to zerg up with everyone (Even when its needed!)

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grimfalcon.3847

Grimfalcon.3847

Had a lot of fun tonight!
thanks for the fight.

Grimfalcon – War, Karin Tai – Ele

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tukmolytes.3467

Tukmolytes.3467

No hate, but…

Where have you been lately dude? [TRBO] always run around but as I said in an earlier post I haven’t visited AR BL yet.

I might go to your BL just to meet your guild tonight.

Oh, really? There is a new content? Sorry [vT], guild responsibilities first, need to get all of us that kittenty wings.

Tukmolytes [TRBO]
Isle of Janthir [2012-2017] → Fort Aspenwood [2017-Present]
Power Ranger