6/7: SBI vs AR vs IoJ

in Match-ups

Posted by: nyckolag.2394

nyckolag.2394

Fight club is still on at the IoJ windmill!

Fellblade is best blade.
Leader and head forum barbarian for [roam]

in Match-ups

Posted by: docbon.3486

docbon.3486

Had a lot of fun at the windmill repping GAF on my engy. Good matches all around, with a few very close calls. I wouldn’t mind this matchup again the future.

[GAF] Dragula – Asuran Engineer, SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

kitten … that SBI zerg in our Bay one awesome wipe of you all but gezz you kept it up and eventually got it, bravo.

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: lover.8351

lover.8351

Oh man, SBI… I can’t believe y’all tried for an hour to take a paper tower at Cliffside and failed with 3x the numbers…

Transfer to AR, we will train you good. And together we shall conquer GW2!

in Match-ups

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

Now I wish I hadn’t missed out on Fight Club, but I didn’t want to ditch EB at the time. Next time!

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Oh man, SBI… I can’t believe y’all tried for an hour to take a paper tower at Cliffside and failed with 3x the numbers…

I wasn’t there but it doesn’t surprise me. We have some terrible baddies… unfortunately some of them are commanders.

You can keep the tower though. We’ll have to settle for the win… maybe.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

stormbluff, if you need the points that badly.. i can just sleep-in all-day..

Oh, we always admire your 3 or 4 omega-golem-rush at 5 or 7 AM EST.

I’m terribly sorry for using all the tools at our disposal at a time convenient for our oceanic/NA all nighter crew to enjoy a little WvW. I sympathize with how you may feel a little sore about it. Now what’s stopping you guys from doing the same thing back to us? A little guild coordination to start a small golem fund will quickly get you all the omega golems you’ll ever need, and it’s not like it’s an original idea.

Also, haven’t we cleared up by now ACs don’t need LoS to hit things, and if you place one in a good position, you can shoot inside towers without using any hacks? That it’s part of the game mechanic seems like a more reasonable explanation than “omg everyone from every server is doing it because hacks!!11!!”.

You really don’t have to be sorry and I’m not being sarcastic. Only a few servers would use omega so frenquently and these servers are at the top of the ranking. Before this match-up I didn’t believe that there are still WvW focused guilds stayed at the servers of lower ranking, but you have at least 3 and do a great job. Hope that we will meet angain only if it isn’t next match-up lol.

I’m too use to ebay/bp trolls Apologies for that.

The omegas are all supplied by a particular commander from [Zero], and last time I checked, he has closer to 50 of those golems in storage :P It’s nice being rich haha.

Kinky we were not saying that PvD for oceanics is not a tactic. We are also not complaining about PvD we had to deal with SOS for months THE oceanic server. We know how it feels a lot more then DR does. We are just saying it is not something to be proud of. It is something that A-Net has acknowledged is a problem and have something in the works to fix it. We are not saying it does not take work. We are however saying it take a lot more work to take a keep during the servers prime-time which we do. And most of the AR captures of our borderlands have been 40-50 on our map vs about maybe 10-20 people total. Because for most of the week everyone else was busy elsewhere.

How much do we have to repeat our self. There is no Guild Coordination with us we are a PvX server. There is only 1 WvW guild. And some more dedicated WvW guilds. KARM, TB, KEWI. You are fighting a bunch of people on Teamspeak herding a bunch of cats around and we do that well.

As for shooting inside towers. Last time I checked you should not be able to target inside the lords room on any tower. Period.

Ya probably mostly because we don’t care of you gain a little score. It is a close fight for first place now. To think we are able to pull this off with a bunch of PuGs.

Just because all our pugs wear one tag or another doesn’t make them organised. Our large WvW guilds are simply kind enough to invite all the newbies out in the field, but that doesn’t magically make them an elite force.

Last time I checked, AR has a bunch of PvE, sPvP and WvW players, so that makes us a PvX server too. Nothing is stopping PvX guilds from setting aside a little gold for buying golems, in fact you should be able to afford more of them if you’re actively PvEing. Golem rush is not an exclusive tactic of hardcore dedicated WvW guilds.

Anyway, I don’t even know what point you’re trying to argue so I’ll stop now.

Also, the guild claimer room of towers isn’t hard to hit with an AC. One placed at the foot of a tower underneath where the room is should be able to hit the whole place fine. I distinctly remember doing this before, although I guess it depends on which tower it is.

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tukmolytes.3467

Tukmolytes.3467

I haven;t been playing for 2 days now. Deym Dragon Bash! Deym MoA Racing!

Tukmolytes [TRBO]
Isle of Janthir [2012-2017] → Fort Aspenwood [2017-Present]
Power Ranger

in Match-ups

Posted by: Agriope.4523

Agriope.4523

At the end of the day however, you can’t come close to touching SBI in open field fights.

Just for you, darling (well, not really, but it’s always fun to misrepresent quotes):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oo1WMkWRwbw

Sad I missed the fight club, if there was one. But, I’ll be roamin’ this morning. 2 Incinerators, you can’t miss me. See you out and about, hopefully in smaller numbers than 10.

Agriope – Purple hair’d menace.
Violent Tendency [vT]; twitch.tv/agriope & YouTube Agriope
#ProfessionalNomad

(edited by Agriope.4523)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

SBI is no threat at all..

lol

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

One last flip before reset.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gravy.7589

Gravy.7589

A lords room in a tower can be hit easily. Whats game breaking is when people hop on an AC traited through WXP points and then play in windowed and shrink the client to be about 3-5 inches long and leave it as wide as possible. This allows you hit over most any wall and destroy siege inside a tower. ANET knows this is going on and has done nothing. I guess its perfectly fine to exploit windows mode to hit places you can’t hit with an AC while in full screen mode.

Take an AC place it at the foot of a tower, go to windowed mode, shorten the screen up, keep it wide and you will see the amazing places you can hit. If you know AC’s you can tell when guild’s/players do this.

in Match-ups

Posted by: RavenWind.9283

RavenWind.9283

This Stormbluff Islander would like to shout a thanks out to IOJ and AR for this matchup. Win, lose, or draw its been a fun, challenging, nail-biting time. AR gave SBI some schooling,… we tried to return the favor. IOJ showed you don’t quit, you can always still influence the fight.

I hope the guilds in Tier 1,2,and 3 were watching cause the real action took place in tiers 4 and 5. The top tiers settled into place about day 2 or 3 and never really shifted. They will end with 50,000 point difference between the leads. In tier 5 the lead shifted 2 or 3 times and at times there was only a few hundred points separating things. Now, I don’t hope for a mass exoduses from up there to down here but maybe a few of those small but hardcore folks will look at those servers in Tier 4 and 5 and think about dropping down for a challenge.

(edited by RavenWind.9283)

in Match-ups

Posted by: KinkyGiraffe.4123

KinkyGiraffe.4123

A lords room in a tower can be hit easily. Whats game breaking is when people hop on an AC traited through WXP points and then play in windowed and shrink the client to be about 3-5 inches long and leave it as wide as possible. This allows you hit over most any wall and destroy siege inside a tower. ANET knows this is going on and has done nothing. I guess its perfectly fine to exploit windows mode to hit places you can’t hit with an AC while in full screen mode.

Take an AC place it at the foot of a tower, go to windowed mode, shorten the screen up, keep it wide and you will see the amazing places you can hit. If you know AC’s you can tell when guild’s/players do this.

So lets tell everyone how to do it so there can be more of it and make the problem worse

Delete or edit this post asap

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

Gravy.7589

So lets tell everyone how to do it so there can be more of it and make the problem worse

lololol. There is an entire thread on this subject. But ok delete my post before the sky falls :o.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yohimbe.1876

Yohimbe.1876

It has been a fun week IoJ and AR, thanks for the great fights! Gonna miss you guys, no lie.

Chay Darkhaven – SBI
Leader of The Ethereal Guard
Huzzah!

in Match-ups

Posted by: KinkyGiraffe.4123

KinkyGiraffe.4123

lololol. There is an entire thread on this subject. But ok delete my post before the sky falls :o.

Didnt know that

The less people talk about it the better though.

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ceres.4569

Ceres.4569

If IoJ has been playing to win the entire time, I think this matchup would have been even closer. Heck, next time SBI matches up with either of you guys, we won’t even have the PvE pop weekend rush to finish the map helping us out of the gate. Of course, I think AR pulling ahead of us also woke some of the casual WvWers that this was not going to be an easy win for us and pulled them away from Dragonbash (helps that so far its pretty boring).
Hope we get to face either AR or IoJ again sometime soon.

in Match-ups

Gravy.7589

Nah, the more people talk about it and complain about it the better. Siege Wars 2 is not fun.

Shout out to AR for a fun week and for pushing us. Good job SBI, on showing up the last three days you pve noobs. IOJ, hope you get a better match-up.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Icy.1396

Icy.1396

We should concentrate on training our own people first and get rid of kittenty commanders…

Smuurr
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Gravy.7589

MMAD guild, part of SBI night crew, just lmao. You guys tickle my kitten <3. Nice going away gift for IOJ.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

This matchup was pretty well balanced

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Match-ups

Posted by: Redgrass.3067

Redgrass.3067

Hey SBI it’s been fun. I am glad to hear ol’ MANvil Rock brought your server together to secure the win. We tend to bring the best out in servers. Make sure your commanders feed the puggies well.

AR what can I say…we lost it down the stretch again! Good job to all those wvw players and guilds that participated. It was nice to play two new servers. I think regardless of the not beating the odds it was good for our server.

So far AR has stood firm in the server brackets. I watched DR pass and fall under us. I seen us lose to BP multiple times, only to beat them a couple of times in a higher tier. I remember back in December when some IoJ guys came to recruit guilds from our server. We beat them months later. When first matched against NSP we lost only once and they dropped as far as tier 7. Now we have a new friend…SBI. I hope that your community is as solid as ours. Maybe we can do this again sometime?

IoJ keep up the good fight.

Cmdr. Sinema Kane-80 Necro
Lil Bully-80 Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thorson.9218

Thorson.9218

Would like to add another “Thanks!” to IoJ and SBI for a fun matchup. I’ve been out of town for the last 2 days and see SBI has pulled ahead (when I logged out last, AR was ahead…..sigh), and IoJ is staying in the mix! Great stuff. Gonna miss you guys.

Come to us, you foes, and bring your flock.
For we will crush your bones on the Anvil Rock!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I wish IoJ pushed a little harder this matchup, they probably could of stood a good chance at winning

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Match-ups

Gravy.7589

I don’t know if IOJ took anything of significance in AR BL’s the entire week?? Other than one day of hard pushes in our BL’s IOJ was pretty absent. They hardly had to defend their own BL’s as AR and SBI were busy hugging it out with each other. IOJ seemed to settle for third place.

Hey [ALS] come to SBI and you and [TB] can pound them noobs together. We steal you :p.

in Match-ups

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

AR I hope you learned a few things from us. Remember keep it classy. Don’t let the War get to your heads.

IOJ might want to work on your servers self confidence. You are a more formidable opponent than you think. You also have a stronger NA presence then you think. You don’t need to settle for third place There was a possibility that you could have made second.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

(edited by anzenketh.3759)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

I really enjoy seeing friendly responses in this thread. Was a fun matchup and I look forward to more!

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jyeoi.6027

Jyeoi.6027

Well done fellas. Missed most of this match up, but I hope the times I was on made a difference.

Thanks to Ganongoat for stepping up and rollin with what he’s learnt and the rest of y’all for supporting. Props to Ralin and TB too, your teamwork has been invaluable.

And to all who picked yourselves up and back into the fight, your effort is rewarded.

Yulo – Champions of Stormbluff [SBI]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mjolniir.2541

Mjolniir.2541

So… Quote a post your ask someone to delete or modify. Smooth…

I am the punishment of God… If you had not
committed great sins, God would not have sent a
punishment like me upon you." ~ Temüjin ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mjolniir.2541

Mjolniir.2541

Didnt know that

The less people talk about it the better though.

No, More people know the better. I like level playing fields. Let Anet fix their kitten! Until then, its a feature.

I am the punishment of God… If you had not
committed great sins, God would not have sent a
punishment like me upon you." ~ Temüjin ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

All in all, good match, fun and respectful servers and minimal forum warrior nonsense. Great week all the way around. Hats off to all three servers.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Congratulations SBI on a such a strong finish.

in Match-ups

Gravy.7589

Congratulations SBI on a such a strong finish.

Thanx, hope SoS gets some more even match-ups.

in Match-ups

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

Very grateful to have had a pretty dang even matchup this go ’round. Props to both AR and IOJ on a hard-fought war, and thanks my comrades at SBI who put in tons of time and effort in order to adapt and overcome.

in Match-ups

Posted by: not under warranty.4217

not under warranty.4217

MMAD guild, part of SBI night crew, just lmao. You guys tickle my kitten <3. Nice going away gift for IOJ.

Well IoJ took one of our camps …….. we couldn’t just let that go without payback – Garrison and Hills seemed fair lol

Naughty IoJ (admonishing finger wag) don’t do it again

JQ [CF]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Danse Macarbe.9027

Danse Macarbe.9027

Well I have to say this has been one of hell of a good matchup! Ty AR you pointed out the holes in SBI armor and we took notice. IOJ – always the bridesmaid never the bride

I look forward to going against both of your servers sometime in the future – wherever the next matchup takes us all – good luck!!

Popcorn – delicious and also useful as a projectile

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halcyon.3140

Halcyon.3140

" Gravy.7589:

ALS get your kitten Ele outta our tower, who either hacked in or got in through that door glitch. Sad sad guild if you gonna play it this way. Have a ton of screen shots of them running around our tower’

<— Was that Ele and let me tell you, it was fun. First thing I did when I realized I was on the other side of the gate was /shrug. I wish there was a /shock emote.

Eventually, I ran up on the wall I did the /sleep command. I only played with the people in the tower except for that downed ele that I promptly spiked.

Question for you. Why would I jump out of that tower when the only thing I would be doing is PvDoor?

Even the Claimer came out to play with me :x people kept running back to the NPCs.

Was a fun and rare event that gave me more than a few laughs.

-Halcyon
“kill it with fire”

Eselewen – Human Elementalist
Dragonbrand
Always Losing Sleep [ALS]