7/19 BG-SoR-DB

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darkjoy.3092

Darkjoy.3092

Wait , so last week Waha was to blame for focusing SOR . This week it is because Waha isn’t here to counter BG SEA? I’m a bit confused . Who’s to blame dang it!?!?!?!

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Who’s blaming anyone? O.o
But srsly, if you come outside your keeps and fight, we’ll leave em be.
Combat practice

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

This is NA time now and you can see PPT bro. although i’m not sure how long our NA can handle.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed that this is a true all call. I’m hoping that my ideals of BG having a fickle NA player-base can be proven wrong once and for all!

[TW]Tempest Wolves

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Wow, some matchup this! First time I’ve ever spent over 15s on repairs during a BP raid.

Dragonbrand

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lenador.1436

Lenador.1436

Wow, some matchup this! First time I’ve ever spent over 15s on repairs during a BP raid.

15g! you must be getting wiped hard

Cön-Guardian DB
[Con] Supreme Team of Con

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Strippling.3524

Strippling.3524

Has [Reks] from Ehmry Bay transferred to DB?

Edit: [Rekz]

Talons [BT]

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Angel.6085

Angel.6085

Don’t believe so.

YB>DB>BG>SOR>TC>BG>FA>DB>SOS>BP Guardian
Formerly [rB], [OPED], [Choo]
Guild Leader [DN] Digital Nemesis

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

If SOR is wondering about all these ‘BG trolls’, perhaps they should go back and check all thoer comments. Sure there is some trolling and chest thumping from BG and while I don’t agree with it, it’s all in retaliation to the copious amounts of un-classy SOR posters.

See I think much of the SOR commentary has come in response to the clear trolling by BG posters including commanders.

Its a vicious circle so we should all take a step back and even counsel those on our own servers against trolling.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Darkjoy.3092

I don’t hear this term any more but I got to say , proud to be on BG which has the “best server community”

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

15s, and yes we are getting wiped pretty hard

Dragonbrand

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

BG queues all 4 maps regularly during SEA.

That’s from your own servermates.

This was just another day for BG.

That person was indeed from Blackgate, but I can assure you that if that ever happens, it is normally just on reset. During SEA, there is normally just 2 maps queued. Only MERC and ND can pull enough numbers to queue a map with PuG followers. WM and Thai can pull nice numbers on occasion

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

(edited by Vash.9183)

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

See I think much of the SOR commentary has come in response to the clear trolling by BG posters including commanders.

Its a vicious circle so we should all take a step back and even counsel those on our own servers against trolling.

I think you’re better off aiming for world peace.

On that note JQQ will be back in T1 next week so you’ll have your crutch to lean back on when they come back on up. Until then this is probably the most fun I’ve had in WvW in a while as all sides are openly attacking each other in EB.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lothair.5280

Lothair.5280

Yes they did, may be running a different guild tag though.

Good Fights[GF]
Tarnished Coast
“Excuse me this is wvw not candyland and why are you working with the enemy?” -Dangermouse

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Angel.6085

Angel.6085

Rumored that they’re qt

YB>DB>BG>SOR>TC>BG>FA>DB>SOS>BP Guardian
Formerly [rB], [OPED], [Choo]
Guild Leader [DN] Digital Nemesis

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I think you’re better off aiming for world peace.

Yeah probably, BTW I like your Ele condi build, and will probably try something similar on my Ele. Pity other players can’t have a difference of opinion without being kittens and getting the thread locked.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krypty.3897

Krypty.3897

I’m not gonna declare BG as having the best server community, but I do feel like it’s a fairly tight-knit group considering the many different personalities/ego/whatever that are involved.

Even when RISE isn’t commanding, I have a blast following the likes of KnT, OnS, MERC, and so on. <3 all of you.

And I do enjoy the large fights with JQ/SoR and even DB this time around.

Fun times guys!

Blackgate – Mesmer

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuffmeister.4379

Nuffmeister.4379

Don’t worry about it mate.

Some use these threads to blow off steam, aim a bit of good natured sledging at the other sides, or just let complete strangers know what a clown they are in real life.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

I don’t think anyone has ever said that BG regularly queues all 4 maps during SEA.

I did say a couple of weeks ago that sometimes it can happen during the weekdays, but it’s not often. I play during SEA almost every night and I’ve experienced all 4 map queues that have occurred around 5 times during the last 2 months. So you can say that it happens one night every ~ 2 weeks on average.

I often have to change maps every 20 minutes, so I know how full the maps are, on a regular night we’ll have 1 or 2 borderlands that are either empty or can fit a float team of 40+ people in them.

The amount of people during BG SEA depends on how many PvX guilds are playing, some of these guilds tag up 1-3 times a week, sometimes they don’t tag up at all.

I have also observed a few times of SoR being capable of fielding forces of 60+ people in 3 maps during oceanic and past primetime SEA. Why this doesn’t happen every night? Perhaps someone with an unbiased viewpoint could explain it to me.

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

BG not always queue 4 map during SEA. It is usually queued only ebg, the rest can float.

This weekend it got full, we have to thank SoR’s FEAR commander who taunted us :p

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

Rumored that they’re qt

This can’t be true! Rekz gave us such a hard time when we were matched with them. On second thought, maybe they came here to get a taste of T1 without the T1 queues, and they’ll be back to Ebay soon enough.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Clockradio.3257

Clockradio.3257

I have also observed a few times of SoR being capable of fielding forces of 60+ people in 3 maps during oceanic and past primetime SEA. Why this doesn’t happen every night? Perhaps someone with an unbiased viewpoint could explain it to me.

Sounds to me like it was just an odd day where we had a particularly high amount of casuals (read: person that doesn’t play every day).

Clockradio | [TSYM] | Sanctum of Rall
tsym.enjin.com

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: syNc.5840

syNc.5840

Sounds to me like it was just an odd day where we had a particularly high amount of casuals (read: person that doesn’t play every day).

Hello Cirus, it’s been a while since we worked together back in SoS.

As someone almost everyday playing during SEA prime time, I’d say it was back during Hong Kong players do not have any problem with their connections. Unfortunately until now the connections have not fully stabilized yet, hence still hurting our overall coverage. One of our main SEA guilds is NYS, where they are mostly consist of HK players.

syNc

Lord Commander
[GC] Golden Company X I I I // www.gcxiii.com
Tarnished Coast

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Hello Cirus, it’s been a while since we worked together back in SoS.

As someone almost everyday playing during SEA prime time, I’d say it was back during Hong Kong players do not have any problem with their connections. Unfortunately until now the connections have not fully stabilized yet, hence still hurting our overall coverage. One of our main SEA guilds is NYS, where they are mostly consist of HK players.

syNc

A lot of MERC is also HK, they don’t seem to have this problem. Ralikh included.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Could also be a floating squad. I’ve only ever seen one map queued during Oceanic/SEA timeslot and that is a coordinated defense to shore up our borderland.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kjendar.6459

Kjendar.6459

Please read before you quote someone.

We would like to thank DB for not running like some other servers from our 8 man team.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Darkjoy.3092

I’m not gonna declare BG as having the best server community, but I do feel like it’s a fairly tight-knit group considering the many different personalities/ego/whatever that are involved.

Even when RISE isn’t commanding, I have a blast following the likes of KnT, OnS, MERC, and so on. <3 all of you.

And I do enjoy the large fights with JQ/SoR and even DB this time around.

Fun times guys!

Don’t be modest. It’s ok to recognize BG as having the “best server community ever”. It really breaks my heart seeing the once " best server community ever " go so toxic. It really has affected turn out it seems.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wakehaven.1806

Wakehaven.1806

This actually has been a fun weekend. Some on DB have never experienced the sheer numbers that can form in the borderlands. Add the T1 scouting, response times, and havoc groups, a server can learn a lot. This is a very good experience for DB, and hopefully we can keep some of you occupied. Good luck to both BG and SoR.

[FIRE] Dragonbrand
Warrior
Guardian

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

After spending one month in SoR server to help beating JQ, I could see the new matchup with DB instead of JQ. I am more than happy that I transfered back to BG at reset. And I found a good guild of harcore players like me : Center of Attention [CA].
Was a blast farming [IRON] bags in EB last 12hours. I heard that your commander was screaming in TS to focus us (but never worked^^) I am recording nice videos and I ll make a best of ^^. About [KISS] … same happened to you in EB
When I was in SoR I couldnt find enough good guild for me: well I don’t use TS but I own you all. Well if you are a pseudo harcore wvw guild please use TS and tell me how it helps you when you face me ??? ok ? !
So far my 3 <3 servers are CD/KN and BG.
Sorry I transfered back to BG and unbalanced the match guys
DB you doing well with what you have congrats. (I have been in your server few month ago with [CO] Omen, so my friends there hello and keep fighting !)

Titan War ex-Freelancer – Sliders [CA] Center of Attention – BG

PS to my fans in CD, I don’t forget you. (stop asking me every weeks when I ll be back I don’t know yet… ^^)

PS2 for these who know CoH, I am playing my warrior like I was playing my perma dominator in there so OP (should take a year that people find out how to build such OP build playstyle related not even class related, some gameplay skills are required also) Stop asking me for the build just work on yours, and for the moment you won’t find anything good on forum also.

(edited by Titan.3472)

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

What’s with the ESOL guild on BG LA? Is that EMP/RE’s Rawnoodles? What?

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Cirus,

For the record I concur with Cirus, the queue on 4 BLs for BG were for one particular night on reset weekend, not all nights in the week.

About the 60+ turnout on SOR BLs, I counted the rough numbers every night ever since stepping into WvW in Sept12 (SBI, KN, SOR) as I am very keen on observing trends.

When I came to SOR from Kaineng in February 2013 and played during SEA time. JQ was focusing on SOR quite frequently and it not unusual to hit 90-130+ PPT nightly. SOR SEA was comprised of hardcore WvW guilds + WvW folks + low % of PvE, PvXs. It wasn’t unusual for SOR SEA to defend EB keep + 4 towers + Garrison and lose everything else. SONG + AFS arrived about 2-4 months down the road and boosted the numbers somewhat along with the proportionate increase in PvE, PvX militia.

When SOR was on No. 1 spot recently, the numbers increased exponentially. I observed the increase was due to PvE guilds along with folks we don’t normally see in WvW. I wasn’t surprised, this happened on 2 previous servers that I was in, SBI and Kaineng. This is not unusual, success begat success, PvE folks look for a strong reward/time ratio and a No. 1 position gives a strong reward/time ratio.

As Mr Titan has posted, there are also folks who will transfer over to a winning server. All things considered this is their game and they play it the way they want to, I have no ill will towards them. I wouldn’t call them fairweathers, it’s negative, derogatory and unnecessary. This is a game after all, and if they don’t find it relaxing to fight larger forces, then they will do what feels like fun for them. According to statistics, baring anomalies, BG will be No. 1 server for at least 4 weeks, primarily due to having the strongest Oceanic + SEA strength vs all the rest of the servers.

Hence, the turnout for SOR SEA is mostly the WvW folks who don’t mind low reward/time ratio atm, it’s about the same number in February + the WvW guilds that moved over.

I hope this is clear.

Have a good week,
FW

I don’t think anyone has ever said that BG regularly queues all 4 maps during SEA.

I did say a couple of weeks ago that sometimes it can happen during the weekdays, but it’s not often. I play during SEA almost every night and I’ve experienced all 4 map queues that have occurred around 5 times during the last 2 months. So you can say that it happens one night every ~ 2 weeks on average.

I often have to change maps every 20 minutes, so I know how full the maps are, on a regular night we’ll have 1 or 2 borderlands that are either empty or can fit a float team of 40+ people in them.

The amount of people during BG SEA depends on how many PvX guilds are playing, some of these guilds tag up 1-3 times a week, sometimes they don’t tag up at all.

[SoX] – JQ

(edited by Fannwong.3059)

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lenador.1436

Lenador.1436

Please read before you quote someone.

We would like to thank DB for not running like some other servers from our 8 man team.

Again so serious in this thread T.T i didnt sign up to go into the office with Daddy i just want to sip my juice and chill on the swings

Cön-Guardian DB
[Con] Supreme Team of Con

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

Whoa, we get Titan War? That guy makes great works of art with siege

some terrible idiot in [pre]

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

SoR,

You and JQ did this to yourselves. The constant focusing of BG since we entered Tier 1 this last time has trained us into a lean mean fighting force.

If any person denies that this has been happening, they are not paying attention. The scores show the true story.

When we fight JQ with DB, we destroyed the weekly score. So far this week when we have fought SoR with DB we have been leading heavily.

BG was not this dominant when we entered the tier. Both server’s attempts to push us out has caused us to strengthen and adapt, this includes getting new guilds. Guilds are attracted to a server that doesn’t crumble under pressure. You provided the pressure.

For weeks we have endured it. Now you are reaping what you’ve sown by having to deal with the Beast gate you helped to create.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: sil.4160

sil.4160

For the past 2 weeks, the winner wasn’t decided til thursday when we’re neck to neck in score. SOR was able to even the scores by mid week.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dredrum.2563

Dredrum.2563

SoR,

You and JQ did this to yourselves. The constant focusing of BG since we entered Tier 1 this last time has trained us into a lean mean fighting force.

If any person denies that this has been happening, they are not paying attention. The scores show the true story.

When we fight JQ with DB, we destroyed the weekly score. So far this week when we have fought SoR with DB we have been leading heavily.

BG was not this dominant when we entered the tier. Both server’s attempts to push us out has caused us to strengthen and adapt, this includes getting new guilds. Guilds are attracted to a server that doesn’t crumble under pressure. You provided the pressure.

For weeks we have endured it. Now you are reaping what you’ve sown by having to deal with the Beast gate you helped to create.

^^This

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sparks.3275

Sparks.3275

SoR,

perfect.

[KnT] Voltexx
[KnT] Kid Trunks
Blackgate since Beta

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

Why can’t you all get along when JQ is gone?

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

http://i.imgur.com/DfsXFMv.png

Spending 6 hours assaulting one keep (going from mid SEA to mid EU where we lost numbers because we can’t all stay up to mid EU), getting wiped repeatably (IRON leaving the map to farm PuGs in EB), using 12 omega golems while blobbing it up only to lose the keep again 4 minutes later when the buff came down is sure a way of “farming our terrible SEA”. SoR had a worse than usual ppt because of your raid, and it was only a T2 keep that we consider to be a bonus to ppt and not one of our key holdings. Nice to know FEAR is classy as ever.

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

SoR,

+1

Our NA did very well today. if we can keep this up we will get this one for sure.

Blackgate

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure.8412

Azure.8412

http://i.imgur.com/DfsXFMv.png

Spending 6 hours assaulting one keep (going from mid SEA to mid EU where we lost numbers because we can’t all stay up to mid EU), getting wiped repeatably (IRON leaving the map to farm PuGs in EB), using 12 omega golems while blobbing it up only to lose the keep again 4 minutes later when the buff came down is sure a way of “farming our terrible SEA”. SoR had a worse than usual ppt because of your raid, and it was only a T2 keep that we consider to be a bonus to ppt and not one of our key holdings. Nice to know FEAR is classy as ever.

Don’t see why anyone needs to be classy to MERC when MERC isn’t classy Anyway. We should all just be unclassy.

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

SoR,

perfect.

perfect, and may i add, those numbers you see in all maps are not just guilds here but mostly PVE blackgate people going in, probably they are motivated or bored, but i say motivated as the recent turn of events they maybe fairweather at times but they do help and like DB, they are persistent. BG pugs will chase down anything that is not our color, kitten they even kill the rangers pet, not to mention map chat is quite funny as the pugs will say to the commander, zerg went that way go there, lets kill, or someone tag up please. so bloodthirsty.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

(edited by Zeke Azul Falcon.5176)

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Clockradio.3257

So? You do realize that is FEAR’s forum. A GUILD forum. Find me one guild forum that doesn’t have the exact same propaganda/chest thumping. I find it rather hilarious that you find it necessary to spy on a guild in any way you can. You really are a person with no ethics or morality, aren’t you?

tsym.enjin.com

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

So? You do realize that is FEAR’s forum. A GUILD forum. Find me one guild forum that doesn’t have the exact same propaganda/chest thumping. I find it rather hilarious that you find it necessary to spy on a guild in any way you can. You really are a person with no ethics or morality, aren’t you?

He didn’t take that screenshot.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Clockradio.3257

Who cares? He posted it.

tsym.enjin.com

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

Who cares? He posted it.

Half your post becomes invalid.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Who cares? He posted it.

Not that hard to make posts like that private, this is on their front page, no spys were had.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

Thanks for your responses Sync and Fannwong, it’s much appreciated.

From a BG perspective, we can only speculate about what goes on at your server without really knowing for sure, so that’s why I’ve asked.

Fannwong your explanation probably makes the most sense as I also noticed the same thing occur. And you’re spot on, there’s no shame in it, it happens to all servers. Many people love a winner.

NYS having latency issues would also have a major impact on SoR’s SEA presence.

I have another question, do some of SoR’s NA guilds like to put in over time during some SEA nights? Sometimes we will see 10-20 of an NA guild running during SEA time. For some reason people on this forum like to use “over time” as an insult, but I believe it’s a compliment as it shows that they are dedicated and are willing to fight hard for their server.

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

You really are a person with no ethics or morality, aren’t you?

I think you’re taking this a wee bit too seriously, although it isn’t the first time that someone from SoR brings in ethics and morality to make a point that is invalid.

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

Who cares? He posted it.

You do realise that everybody can view that post. It was actually front page. However good to have some motivation though so at least we know who to target first :p

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Clockradio.3257

Who cares? He posted it.

Not that hard to make posts like that private, this is on their front page, no spys were had.

My point is, why draw attention to it? anyone remotely interested in FEAR specifically would see it on their own.

You guys are making FEAR, especially Ace look like the biggest egotistical jerk there is in this game when he’s just being a good GM by keeping up moral and posting videos that are of interest to his guild and people who follow his guild.

tsym.enjin.com