7/19: JQ/TC/FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: shiara.4728

shiara.4728

Anyone got screenshots/videos of the slaughter??

is my video of it, and the slaughter is near the end. It was amusing to watch.

My thoughts on the parade in general and the yelling by some at FA for zerging it:

I think FA had all the right in the world to do that, if they wanted. I’d rather they have done that than not shown up at all! For me personally I see the parades as breaking the 4th wall as a salute to the memory and understanding that, behind all the anonymous names, is a person just trying to have fun too.

I like the sheer madness of the event because it’s unique, and because five, ten, twenty years down the road, after everyone has moved on (perhaps even GW2), no one will remember or care about any particular epic fight you had in game. I’m not going to meet random person X in another MMO and be like “Hey, remember that epic fight in Bay throne room in TCBL mid July three years ago?” But mention a dolyak event to someone else that may have been in it, and bingo, eyes light up.

We will remember the people, the friends we make, and the strangely unique events like this that will never happen again on another server in another MMO, as it needs a particular kind of bred community spirit, and game mechanics that must come together for it to work in the first place. And that’s why these moments are so precious, above all else (keeps, camps? pah.), and why even if rampaging death occurs, we need to embrace it and think of it as enhancing rather than ruining the moment.

You hear people raving about fondly-remembered events in MMOs long gone, as being part of the unique culture of a game and how they “don’t make games like they use to anymore”. And then you realise things like this have a potential to turn into memories like that in the future.

But hey, if they prefer the immediate payoff of loot bags and the surge of personal pride and power from bulldozing down a buncha smelly cows, to the long term payoff of all that, then so be it! Well within their rights if they choose so, and we all still get the memories from it.

/salute to all. See you all around. Golem’s a-knocking on south Hills! Again.

Also, great story, poster above me.

Melydia [STUN]
Tarnished Coast – http://forthetoast.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

The battle was fierce like a raging typhoon against a resilient ship. But alas the end the ship did capsized, and the survivors remained to tell the tale.

Having arrived back to LA, a lone guardian walks home.

-

Later guys ^,^ dinner mode.

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Jedsus looked upon the carnage, clearly intoxicated from his ambrosia, realizing that none of the caravan of dolyaks had survived, and that they had likely perished to the forces of Wondo of the Bonks, he shrugged and once again, yelling the all too familiar phrase, “GEEEEET SOOOMMMMEEEE” the Holy Knights fell upon the corpses of the Dolyak they had risked their lives to protect, filling their bellies with the delicious meat and the cargo of cookies. It is even said that the ERP dialogue had disappeared, never to be seen, nor spoken of, again as no one would claim possession of it.

Clearly, this story, displaying Lord Jedsus Chris’s great love for succulent juicy meat, should be a lesson to everyone.

Don’t mess with Wondo.

(Also, sorry for the length, I wanted to try and capture all of the dolyak parade)

As Prime Minister, I approve of this message

Attachments:

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Heh… this thread contains so much why I love me some Jade Quarry.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ahka.6705

Ahka.6705

This thread has been great. Don’t ruin it now please.

Share the words of Jedsus Chris/Charr Jezus/whoever FA’s deity is.

FA has no deity, we just really like loot bags (and quaggen…)

And dying repeatedly.

Ahka – Elementalist
[ZzZz]Zombie Coast, [CERN]When Zergs Collide
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

VOLKON.1290

This thread has been great. Don’t ruin it now please.

Share the words of Jedsus Chris/Charr Jezus/whoever FA’s deity is.

FA has no deity, we just really like loot bags (and quaggen…)

And dying repeatedly.

That’s where the loot bags come from.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thor.9085

Thor.9085

Thank you TC and JQ I really enjoyed the challenging fights shout out to all the guilds in FA!! you guys Rock especially HOPE!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

I gotta Give my fellow TC members props, I think we could have beat JQ this week if FA would have showed any kind of aggression this week towards them, only times I would see FA and JQ fight it out was when JQ would get the in their Towers and Keeps, other than that FA just tried capping our stuff while we were busy with JQ. Well done FA, Well done, I guess.

JQ, awesome fights, would like to have you and another T1 server, cause I think you all would not be focused on us the whole time, and then we would have more of a chance and you would have more pressure on you. I hope this happens soon, either way, I’m sure we will see each other again.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sir William PD.9615

Sir William PD.9615

I gotta Give my fellow TC members props, I think we could have beat JQ this week if FA would have showed any kind of aggression this week towards them, only times I would see FA and JQ fight it out was when JQ would get the in their Towers and Keeps, other than that FA just tried capping our stuff while we were busy with JQ. Well done FA, Well done, I guess.

JQ, awesome fights, would like to have you and another T1 server, cause I think you all would not be focused on us the whole time, and then we would have more of a chance and you would have more pressure on you. I hope this happens soon, either way, I’m sure we will see each other again.

LOL man this particular whine from people never gets old. I’m not even going to entertain a counter argument with you.

Yup, we held hands with JQ all week and even went out on a date to grab a bite to eat. JQ how come you didn’t call us back after?

As for the Dolyak Parade. If you have one, we will come try to kill it. My only regret from yesterday is that ONE dolyak made it into Cliffside safely. We almost had you all this time.

-Thoryn Stormbrew, Dolyak Slayer
Purple Dragons – Fort Aspenwood
www.purpledragons.net

in Match-ups

VOLKON.1290

LOL man this particular whine from people never gets old. I’m not even going to entertain a counter argument with you.

Yup, we held hands with JQ all week and even went out on a date to grab a bite to eat. JQ how come you didn’t call us back after?

As for the Dolyak Parade. If you have one, we will come try to kill it. My only regret from yesterday is that ONE dolyak made it into Cliffside safely. We almost had you all this time.

By the way, that was a lovely choice of wine, my new little snuggle-buddy. We’ll call, just want to build the anticipation a little.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

JQ BL spent several evening blue.

Nice troll attempt though

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

You seem to think we have the coverage for that “aggression”.

You guys went to TC and unbalanced Tier 2 even more…and then blame us for not showing enough aggression?

I think you are confused on how WvW works. WvW = coverage.

We are fine with it!! We get it.

Apparently you on your heavy coverage server are not. :P

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: LaMisT.1863

LaMisT.1863

I’m sure JQ and FA fought, I’ve seen orange sword at their side of the map. They just tend to respond to TC first because JQ brings the whole server and lag everyone every fight while TC offer a more fun fight of similar level. Rarely see JQ in small groups of 5 – 30. However, its still a fun week. Much better than having SoS in the matchup to bore everyone.

I am Help, the Magical White Mushroom. :3

in Match-ups

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

TC has a major NA advantage over JQ, and when it came time to strike back at FA for the Yaks, you guys got to our Garrison – JQ’s zerg was in the circle while TC’s zerg was on the roof, taunting FA on the forums. If you were the better server, it would have been TC in the circle.

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rinoa.8915

Rinoa.8915

The guys who are arguing are ruining the love in this thread. Stop that immediately! <3

BG/JQ/SOR is going to be a letdown after this week of fun

Rinoa
Elementalist of [MYTH]
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

The guys who are arguing are ruining the love in this thread. Stop that immediately! <3

BG/JQ/SOR is going to be a letdown after this week of fun

True.

The only real hate FA has is for Dolyaks. :P

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

Always leave one to tell the tale

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

Meanwhile, in Fort Aspenwood Borderlands….

u forgot to capture the [EP] zerg to ur left

I have one showing several EP tags, though by the time it was taken our zerg had split, some going offline and some off to watch the GvG we had with SIC.
Anyway that was sort of a visual joke, relating to all the mention of JQ. And yes, Chuu was briefly back for a visit. Also, a thank you to Odinzu and EP for the practice session.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

FA, where you guys.

They love to show up when you least expect them, except you can expect them to. Kinda a more is less thing, the slight difference between paranoia and prophecy.

So, don’t look over your shoulder, or FA will be there to take you hard and fast from behind. Which happens to some people, in some places, some of the time. But it’ll be FA 24/7, in a good way. Or as good a way as it can be.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

So, that bit about the birds and the bees with the stork staring at them all in a cabbage patch is just smoke and mirrors?

in Match-ups

VOLKON.1290

So, that bit about the birds and the bees with the stork staring at them all in a cabbage patch is just smoke and mirrors?

Instead of birds and bees, we’ve found you can quite efficiently extract loot bags from FA with a large quantity of rats.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zelda.7013

Zelda.7013

I gotta Give my fellow TC members props, I think we could have beat JQ this week if FA would have showed any kind of aggression this week towards them, only times I would see FA and JQ fight it out was when JQ would get the in their Towers and Keeps, other than that FA just tried capping our stuff while we were busy with JQ.

I have to disagree with this a little. I think we had wear out issues this week. Even zombie coast couldn’t make it all the way through SEA time all week long. And as soon as our late night crew would go to bed, JQ would find themselves with a comparatively empty set of maps to reset which would set us back for NA time. Then at NA time, FA would log in because that is their larger time slot as well. It was a timing issue for us.

Now, had we been paired with a server with more SEA than NA instead of FA, this fight could have gone differently. JQ would have had something to deal with during SEA besides just running around in golems resetting the map. Even then it would have been an extremely close, hard fought week just like this one was.

(edited by Zelda.7013)

in Match-ups

Posted by: PoweredByRice.3517

PoweredByRice.3517

FA!!! you guys are so mean for killing them dolyaks!! But I have to admit I LOLed towards the end when the FA zerg came and killed the poor dolyaks.

is my video of it, and the slaughter is near the end. It was amusing to watch.

Jay Que

in Match-ups

Posted by: therealjaypo.1690

therealjaypo.1690

Didn’t your mom tell you?
Nobody’s going to buy the cow when they get the milk for free.

Seriously tho, good fights this week TC and FA.

Hope we get to do it again sometime soon;
Kraslin from [SG]

[SG] I’m here because I was in the comic book

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Video of last night’s yak parade

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in Match-ups

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

To the TC Engineer who was at TC BL near the bay-garrison sentry, I salute you. I dont know what build/setup you are running but to survive 6 of JQs with the HP never depleted under half is quite impressive.

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

JQ is tenacious as ever. Playing to finish strong. ^^

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

Looks like JQ decided to play at Overlook. :P

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Blackelk.3784

Blackelk.3784

As the week winds down and reset is around the corner I wanted to take a minute to thanks too TC and FA for really bringing a good week of WvW for to remind us all about why we play this game, sometimes the lag out T1 makes you forget the fun of WvW.

So I say thank you and keep fighting the good fight you guys both did great this week and I look forward to seeing you in the field again!

Guild Lead -[MMAC] Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts
Bluntski

in Match-ups

VOLKON.1290

There’s no “quit” in The Quarry.

Although… looking at it… there is “Quart”. Considering that’s how a lot of them drink their beer that’s fitting. Also a “rath”… you never want to face the wrath of the Quarry because it’s spelled wrong. There’s even a “hurry”. But no quit. Definitely no quit.

Oh my. “artery” and “urethra”. I think I need a quart now.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

We were only doing pilgrimage to the RQ pawn shop. Was going to RP there with the lords. >3<

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kam.8109

Kam.8109

I think we could have beat JQ this week if FA would have showed any kind of aggression this week towards them, only times I would see FA and JQ fight it out was when JQ would get the in their Towers and Keeps, other than that FA just tried capping our stuff while we were busy with JQ. Well done FA, Well done, I guess.

We noticed the same thing on SoS last week. We would have done much better against TC but FA would not under any circumstance put pressure on you guys, unless TC gave them no choice. FA does not like going after the server in the lead. I don’t know what kind of strategy this is, but whatevs.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

To the TC Engineer who was at TC BL near the bay-garrison sentry, I salute you. I dont know what build/setup you are running but to survive 6 of JQs with the HP never depleted under half is quite impressive.

Like Butanaide from JQ. Im like “dude theres 6 of them and only 2 of us, lets run” but no, not sure how he does it but he runs to them and does some engie wizardry.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

JQ is tenacious as ever. Playing to finish strong. ^^

we need healz!

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

Oi, peace, we just roaming around to cap some sentry.

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

I think Sovereign has heard the words of Jedsus and wishes to convert his practices to the Holy Church of Saturday Feints.

JQ welcomes you.

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

in Match-ups

Posted by: neomccoy.2657

neomccoy.2657

Ty SIC for the awesome GvG!

Video here:

And our 2nd GvG last night, ty RET for the great battle

Video here:

Ok sorry everyone, I fixed the first video now. It now shows the correct video. Enjoy! Thanks

Everything Purple [EP] – Tarnished Coast
Stone Walled – Guardian; Plaguefest – Necro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjs6MOa8ukw

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

Although… looking at it… there is “Quart”.

It comes in pints?

in Match-ups

PoweredByRice.3517

Convert to Holy Church of Saturday Feints, Sovereign. We have lumpias and pancit here instead of cookies. =)

I think Sovereign has heard the words of Jedsus and wishes to convert his practices to the Holy Church of Saturday Feints.

JQ welcomes you.

Jay Que

in Match-ups

VOLKON.1290

Although… looking at it… there is “Quart”.

It comes in pints?

Only the Norn.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

hey tc and jq maybe you should reserve laughing for when you wipe your opponent without 5 or 6 times the numbers.

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

JQ and TC island party <3 We’re getting to know each other more and making new friends.

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

I think we could have beat JQ this week if FA would have showed any kind of aggression this week towards them, only times I would see FA and JQ fight it out was when JQ would get the in their Towers and Keeps, other than that FA just tried capping our stuff while we were busy with JQ. Well done FA, Well done, I guess.

We noticed the same thing on SoS last week. We would have done much better against TC but FA would not under any circumstance put pressure on you guys, unless TC gave them no choice. FA does not like going after the server in the lead. I don’t know what kind of strategy this is, but whatevs.

LOL, just LOL. Thanks for quoting the original post so I can chuckle at both at the same time. xD

On a separate note, great week, had a bunch of really fun fights. This was a really good matchup, hope we get more of these in the future!

/salute

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sharpoon.8197

Sharpoon.8197

Thanks for the yak parade videos! Loved how everyone paused for a minute when the outnumbered buff popped

FA has been very open about their “if it’s red, it’s dead” policy and they’ve made it very clear that they don’t care about ppt. So there’s little reason for them to conform with the 2v1 politics.

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

JQ disco with TC outside SMC.

FA is missing out on the EB fun.

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

(edited by Sovereign.1093)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Tried to get some duels out of JQ the past two nights, and got nothing but JQ hiding behind walls afraid to come out till they could jump me at least 3-1.

lulz.

Another boring matchup. I guess we’ll wait to see what next week holds.

Hey… be nice… I had fun wiping people who tried to jump me 1v3 this week It’s WvW, if you want duels you really should go set some up in sPvP.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I hope next week match up (yes Anet, i know you read our forums and yes i know the RNG is actually manually determined) is

JQ vs TC vs SoR

That would be awesome

You’d throw FA and DB to BG?

in Match-ups

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Tried to get some duels out of JQ the past two nights, and got nothing but JQ hiding behind walls afraid to come out till they could jump me at least 3-1.

lulz.

Hey… be nice… I had fun wiping people who tried to jump me 1v3 this week It’s WvW, if you want duels you really should go set some up in sPvP.

No, and I prefer dueling in WvW. Not huge on sPvP.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Match-ups

PoweredByRice.3517

I don’t understand why people complain about not being able to duel anyone in WvW. It is called WvW for a reason. Whine much?

lulz.

No, and I prefer dueling in WvW. Not huge on sPvP.

Jay Que

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

JQ swim team. >3< We were playing hide and seek. Was rping near jerifers with a few friends. >3<

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal