7/19 Maguuma/Crystal Desert/Yak's Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

CD, if you take 2nd you’ll always know it was only because of Mag.

If that’s ok with you, then it’s ok with me.

Nah, CD pretty much outplayed YB all week.

Hmm….you must not have seen a lot of fights between CD and YB lol And sure it is because of Mag; for example, CD needed Mags help to take back their Bay today from us.

You guys needed our help to take back your borderlands from us last night, since it seemed like you didn’t bother to touch it until a lot of people logged off. I think it’s fair! Besides, the last matches you had with CD and without us, you guys lost, twice in a row. And that was before RAM left.

It’s interesting that YB is suddenly bothered by maybe losing again, though.

I am actually quite pleased with the score. CD did beat us twice. We won over them once when we had the previous Mag/CD/YB. Well a lot of the credit there goes to maguuma keeping CD’s keeps way pointed for like 3 days.

But this week, even with Mag’s focusing us down the last few days, if the score comes out to be within 1-2k, I’ll be happy.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Oh really?

When Mag was not focusing on one server but hitting both, I am pretty sure we were winning 2nd place, and we might still. And if CD wasn’t actually afraid to enter in Mag BL, we might have had a bit more of an even match.

Either way, there were quite a few memorable fights this week, namely the 20~ omegas in OL getting wiped

And Maguuma good job on way pointing our keeps yesterday, actually quite impressed.

CD was not afraid to enter Mag BL, EK was there multiple times this week. They just didn’t take anything noteworthy except maybe Tuesday night when for some reason all of Maguuma went to bed early (insert YB jokes about how Maguuma is all high schoolers here). I don’t recall seeing huge groups of YB taking the opportunity to hit our BL at the same time, so you can’t fault them entirely for it.

But this week, even with Mag’s focusing us down the last few days, if the score comes out to be within 1-2k, I’ll be happy.

Maybe your servermates should learn to be as happy and less bmad :P As you said, last time we had CD’s EK until like Thursday night (I honestly still have no idea how we did that), but suddenly when we focus YB, it’s a huge issue. I mean, you guys should like being focused, right? After all, some of you are bragging about 1:2ing our zergs

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

No, pretty sure it’s because they have the Grub on their side.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

We would have been in Magg more if Backcap Bend wasn’t living up to their name (ONE guild is main offender). As it has been previously pointed out we have already defeated yall twice (who cares really) in the ppt game when faced with three equally rated servers. Also as stated by an outside objective opponent to both of us is that we have outplayed yall all week.

in Match-ups

Kronyx.2570

Oh really?

When Mag was not focusing on one server but hitting both, I am pretty sure we were winning 2nd place, and we might still. And if CD wasn’t actually afraid to enter in Mag BL, we might have had a bit more of an even match.

Either way, there were quite a few memorable fights this week, namely the 20~ omegas in OL getting wiped

And Maguuma good job on way pointing our keeps yesterday, actually quite impressed.

CD was not afraid to enter Mag BL, EK was there multiple times this week. They just didn’t take anything noteworthy except maybe Tuesday night when for some reason all of Maguuma went to bed early (insert YB jokes about how Maguuma is all high schoolers here). I don’t recall seeing huge groups of YB taking the opportunity to hit our BL at the same time, so you can’t fault them entirely for it.

Maybe your servermates should learn to be as happy and less bmad :P As you said, last time we had CD’s EK until like Thursday night (I honestly still have no idea how we did that), but suddenly when we focus YB, it’s a huge issue. I mean, you guys should like being focused, right? After all, some of you are bragging about 1:2ing our zergs

I don’t mind being focused when I am not at work :P
Also, I never said it was an issue, I am just saying it is happening. And I know it happens in a 1v1v1. As to all that bragging, we really needed some counter to the #magswag
But it’s not enough.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]

in Match-ups

Kronyx.2570

We would have been in Magg more if Backcap Bend wasn’t living up to their name (ONE guild is main offender). As it has been previously pointed out we have already defeated yall twice (who cares really) in the ppt game when faced with three equally rated servers. Also as stated by an outside objective opponent to both of us is that we have outplayed yall all week.

Hope we have another one with another equally rated server ^^

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serenity.8246

Serenity.8246

Hmm….you must not have seen a lot of fights between CD and YB lol And sure it is because of Mag; for example, CD needed Mags help to take back their Bay today from us.

You guys needed our help to take back your borderlands from us last night, since it seemed like you didn’t bother to touch it until a lot of people logged off. I think it’s fair! Besides, the last matches you had with CD and without us, you guys lost, twice in a row. And that was before RAM left.

True…I don’t remember who the 3rd server was…but CD’s night coverage did us in. We’ve gotten militia to show up at night recently and are trying to teach them what to do; so our night coverage is the best it’s ever been! (Which still isn’t much comparatively lol but we can see a difference!)

You helped us take back our BL’s from you?? Hahaha…and yeah, seems people decided to play on CDBL yesterday rather than on YBBL. As you can see, we still do not have a lot of coverage if we can’t focus on 2 BL’s at once. lol

Features Manager for www.yaks-bend.com
“We are a WvW organization! We don’t throw tea parties!
We burn them to the ground and put the teddy bears to death!”

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

True…I don’t remember who the 3rd server was…but CD’s night coverage did us in. We’ve gotten militia to show up at night recently and are trying to teach them what to do; so our night coverage is the best it’s ever been! (Which still isn’t much comparatively lol but we can see a difference!)

You helped us take back our BL’s from you?? Hahaha…and yeah, seems people decided to play on CDBL yesterday rather than on YBBL. As you can see, we still do not have a lot of coverage if we can’t focus on 2 BL’s at once. lol

Kaineng was the third server both times, I think. Too lazy to pull up mos again. And yes, I noticed that your night coverage is better than ours now. I think DORPs raid and Xushin’s train ended at the same time last night which is when YB fell. So yes, we helped you by not playing :P I was half joking, anyway. The point is, why are people getting so bmad about getting double teamed? The only way a second or third place server can not be double teamed is if the first server doesn’t play. Furthermore, it makes plenty of sense for the first server to attack the second server to keep the point gap high.

in Match-ups

Serenity.8246

Kaineng was the third server both times, I think. Too lazy to pull up mos again. And yes, I noticed that your night coverage is better than ours now. I think DORPs raid and Xushin’s train ended at the same time last night which is when YB fell. So yes, we helped you by not playing :P I was half joking, anyway. The point is, why are people getting so bmad about getting double teamed? The only way a second or third place server can not be double teamed is if the first server doesn’t play. Furthermore, it makes plenty of sense for the first server to attack the second server to keep the point gap high.

Ohh, I get those strats. That’s normal play. The double team I’m talking about is when servers don’t attack each other just the 3rd server. Like today with CDBL bay…we were holding off CD quite well, til Mag showed. CD and Mag didn’t even attack each other inside Bay…CD let Mag take it from us. We were outmanned and lost it quick to Mag, who then pretty much gave it to CD (with Mags numbers, they should have been able to hold it a LOT longer) before Mags zerg even showed on our BL.

Then on our BL, Mag’s zerg let CD’s go without even a squabble. They just ran past…and normally in that instance, red is dead, so there should have been a fight. That’s the double team I mean. lol

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Our karma train’s priority isn’t really fighting, unfortunately. Maybe that’s it? I don’t really know Xushin’s style these days since I don’t play during his hours. Or maybe he’s mad that you guys took his SM that one night

in Match-ups

Serenity.8246

Our karma train’s priority isn’t really fighting, unfortunately. Maybe that’s it? I don’t really know Xushin’s style these days since I don’t play during his hours. Or maybe he’s mad that you guys took his SM that one night

Haha….idk either. It’s a possibility. They fought us well enough, that’s for sure. The karma train also avoided Cd’s BL except to take bay from us. So, I have no idea except what I see.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runehand.9368

Runehand.9368

We haven’t backcapped during any of the 5 WvW nights I participated in, so I’d like at least an example of [One] being ‘main offender’.

Also, Maguuma is anything but ‘outside objective’. They pretty much thrive on getting reactions out of people by talking forum trash. That said, with [RAM]’s force of like 20 guys usually taking care of EB and [WAR] and others leaving, a huge chunk of people being overworked have just stopped, what do you expect?

CD should have been in second place all week. Why weren’t they?

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Toggles.1783

Toggles.1783

Farewell thread, it’s sure been a week and you reminded me of this every step of the way.

Level 80: Elementalist Engineer Guardian Mesmer Ranger Thief Warrior

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Probably busy not flipping out over the scoreboard.

Or maybe CD is full of folks with jobs and families so they don’t have as much time to play…hmmm…

in Match-ups

Serenity.8246

We haven’t backcapped during any of the 5 WvW nights I participated in, so I’d like at least an example of [One] being ‘main offender’.

Also, Maguuma is anything but ‘outside objective’. They pretty much thrive on getting reactions out of people by talking forum trash. That said, with [RAM]’s force of like 20 guys usually taking care of EB and [WAR] and others leaving, a huge chunk of people being overworked have just stopped, what do you expect?

Well, [RAM] was bigger than that. They’d queue YBBL when they would wp over to help. lol We’ve lost a ton of people in a 2 week span. You can see it in our NA numbers during prime time. We’re trying to fix that, though! lol

I agree with your question…why weren’t they?

in Match-ups

Serenity.8246

Or maybe CD is full of folks with jobs and families so they don’t have as much time to play…hmmm…

Possible. So, they have a 4-day weekend? Decided to flip out now and push? Haha. YB is a server full of day-time workers. As Mag should know by now. lol

We’ve lost close to 100 players that I can estimate. That’s a huge chunk, if you think about it. So, against YB, people with day jobs doesn’t really equate. Same with the new patch…since we are mostly a PvE server and always have been. New patch = shiny here. haha

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Congrats to CD on taking a hard fought 2nd.

in Match-ups

Serenity.8246

It was enjoyable to converse with you, saiyr, since we never really have. I’m off to work, so GL to Mag and CD with their new match-up! ….unless it’s against us..then I hope you give good loot in your bags.

Happy Hunting, All!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grieve.1432

Grieve.1432

What’s all this talk of people playing during the day? I just got back from the office.

South of Heaven [SoH] – Crystal Desert
Grieve Logdan (Human War) | Rifte Torin (Charr Thief)
Feylicia Logdan (Human Mes) | Elias Foralli (Asura Guard)

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Possible. So, they have a 4-day weekend? Decided to flip out now and push? Haha. YB is a server full of day-time workers. As Mag should know by now. lol

We’ve lost close to 100 players that I can estimate. That’s a huge chunk, if you think about it. So, against YB, people with day jobs doesn’t really equate. Same with the new patch…since we are mostly a PvE server and always have been. New patch = shiny here. haha

I’m mostly just teasing him for his multiple posts implying Maguuma is all high schoolers.

It was enjoyable to converse with you, saiyr, since we never really have. I’m off to work, so GL to Mag and CD with their new match-up! ….unless it’s against us..then I hope you give good loot in your bags.

Happy Hunting, All!!

:D See, I’m such a nice guy. Can’t imagine why anyone would dislike me.

Ahahahaha.

in Match-ups

Posted by: coke.8509

coke.8509

cry more yb. someone is always getting double teamed. you guys did it to us the first 4 days. besides….act like u didnt like it ;D

Crystal Desert WvW
Mesmer / Thief
[dG] Another Mez Name

in Match-ups

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

Been a great week. This goes out to all my third place Yaks.

in Match-ups

Posted by: coke.8509

coke.8509

Congrats to CD on taking a hard fought 2nd.

thank you for acknowledging. Yb would think mag gave this to us, but i know i hit SMC twice alone today ( good rally to defend mag, honestly very nice) but on top of that some of the commanders, myself included just stoped a 8 hour commanding stint flipping things. it was very well fought.

Crystal Desert WvW
Mesmer / Thief
[dG] Another Mez Name

in Match-ups

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

thank you for acknowledging. Yb would think mag gave this to us, but i know i hit SMC twice alone today ( good rally to defend mag, honestly very nice) but on top of that some of the commanders, myself included just stoped a 8 hour commanding stint flipping things. it was very well fought.

I understand that it is embarassing to admit that Maguuma helped you, but no need to be ashamed. Quite the achievement indeed being in the lead by a few hundred points 2 hours before reset against server No.11. You guys are awesome!

[Yak’s Bend]

in Match-ups

Posted by: bsnow.5742

bsnow.5742

Had a blast past few days, frig defending both mag and CD, we did what we could but I personally loved the challenge, its the only way to get better.

:)

/cheers

Odin’s Rage Z
Zerg Dog Trash Guild [RAM]
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Can always count on Frosch to deliver

in Match-ups

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

I guess when you’re [PRO] and its 2 am this is what you do lol

http://i.imgur.com/ckSvFA0.jpg

Yep, that’s the [PRO] MO.

Impossible to even get a duel out of ’em :/
Wonder why…

Meh, just do what I do. Bait ’em into the guards and kill a few of ’em. Then the rest will run off.

REALLY?…….Last time I checked poor little Cricket is dead on the ground with a spike in his face EVERY time he as crossed me.

So you can “meh” all you want.

Also is “Baiting” what you call “Hiding” now a days? You sure have come along way.

Ever finish editing your super ownage video? I think it’s been about a month and a half now.

Also, It seems you like to defend this guy alot (Between this thread and last time we met). Am I jumping in the middle of a love affair?

http://youtu.be/9dZW1C3neao

I’m just curious as to what you look like and what build you run. I see a [Pro] thief running around EB a lot, but he’s terrible so I hope that isn’t you or my dreams will be crushed.

I bet he’s a D/P thief. They always seem to think they’re actually good.

WRONG

I run either S/D-D/D or P/D-SB. Come out and play sometime.

Edit: Im pretty sure I’ve already beat you.

is this the brown female sylvari with the white hair lol

LOL……NO,

Human male T3 Armor S/D spec
or Western style (I like to call it) for P/D spec.

I dont think (Pro) even has a sylvari Thief? Maybe Im wrong but its not me.

Didnt I already duel you on YBBL several days back. There were a couple (Pyro), (SWaG) and i think (ILL) guys there taking turns dueling me?

Pro definitely has a sylvari thief. I remember seeing them all the time. and if you are talking to me, no, we have not dueled. I haven’t been on once this week lol but I’ll gladly duel ya if we get matched with yaks again. thieves are always fun

Cool, I always look forward to a good duel. Win or lose for me, its about the quality of the duel.

I know I come across as an kitten sometimes but, Its not my intention. “Cricket” loves to talk kitten without backing it up and had to bring him down a couple notches.

I look at attacking a Guild in the forums as kinda “BM”. You dont see me busting out Guilds for fighting by towers so they can run in and reset the fight even when they out number me.

So to you “Cricket” I leave this……. http://youtu.be/sMKuCO4g3Ss and this http://youtu.be/l0UVSMxTeUw

Only reason i posted the pic is cause just camping behind a wall 5v1’ing stragglers at 2 am in my mind is a pretty lame tactic. I also found it ironic that the guild tag is PRO…that’s so pro. Anyways i posted the pic, say what you want, call me a kitten, challenge me to a duel, whatever doesn’t mean kitten to me.

Actually I thought the photo was pretty funny. You really did capture my good side.

Anyway, All this kitten talk back and forth with everyone has gotten way out of hand. So I’ll leave this last tidbit to all you (Pro) haters out there.

http://youtu.be/uIA1_I9t4yg

Good luck on server change!

lol touche..gl on reset, see ya next time

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

As it has been previously pointed out we have already defeated yall twice (who cares really) in the ppt game when faced with three equally rated servers. Also as stated by an outside objective opponent to both of us is that we have outplayed yall all week.

There is no outplaying for 2nd place in a 3 team fight like this one. It’s all about who the big gorilla server ends up focusing more on, not usually by intent just by random chance. In a score this close the difference could be green attacking and holding either a red or blue keep for a couple days, that small.

The 3 way design of WvW has never worked properly as a balancer like Anet intended, the lower 2 teams virtually never work together against the top team, which would create the actual best balance, because there is no incentive for them to do so. Usually 2nd or 3rd gets ganged on the most.

WvW would actually probably be much more fun and competitive if they just paired head to head between every two servers with the closest ratings. You could have much more true strategies and tactics against your opponent without scores being subject to the whims of a third team which can effectively double or triple your opponents forces just by their random whims of which way they attack.

Mags BL was virtually untouched this week by example, outside a few YB night raids, not because they defended so well, though they do respond well defensively, but because no one wants to start a battle and in 5 minutes be double or tripled teamed in numbers. The best strategy for 2nd or 3rd is to actually ‘be nice’ to the 1st server and hope they don’t get mad and counter-attack you, but instead attack the other guy. It’s a silly system.

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jess.6710

Jess.6710

Well, CD is a late week blooming server. We always end up behind right after reset. You can check server history with the matches that we’ve won. About Tuesday we start pulling more points and slowly make things up by Friday. I guess we have a lot of unemployed people compared to other servers?

[NUDE] Jesuki – Far Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Yaks, CD, EB, or BP, that would be ideal for this week. Then we might have something more to fight over than who got a distant 2nd.

Based on the handicap, Yaks won +15 this week, Mag +8, CD -22.

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

its nice to see CD pulling out a close second through their superior pvp skills and tactics.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jess.6710

Jess.6710

This isn’t PvP… this.. is… WvW!

[NUDE] Jesuki – Far Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I don’t particularly care who wins. Never really have. For me it’s all about having decent fights roaming, and I got plenty of that during this match up. That being said, I really look forward to facing both Mag And CD again in the future. You both seem to have a lot more decent roamers than you had before in the previous times we’ve fought you. Maybe a lot of you got bored of running with the zerg and decided to wander? I don’t know. Whatever it is, keep it up. I had a lot of good fights.