7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kanthar Turambar.9164

Kanthar Turambar.9164

This thread. It amuses me. I love that apparently only HOD has no skill yet when they post videos/images of them taking on harder odds… apparently it doesn’t count. Good stuff.

Games over the interwebs are the best.

Hod is about 50% necros atm, so them beating the odds isn’t really that amazing.

Additionally, every server has skilled players, and the bad ones tend not to post videos. So don’t put too much importance on some roamers posting stuff on Youtube, no matter what server they are from.

Depending on who you ask, we’re 50% necros, 50% guardians, 50% mesmers, or 50% rangers. I think i’ve seen all of them applied to us. That’s like, 200% No wonder we beat the odds!

To your second point, that essentially proves my point I was trying to make. It’s entirely pointless who argue about “skill”. The sole purpose of talking about skill is to bait people into forum warrioring. In the end, every server has skill, every server lacks skill. Every time skill is shown, it’s usually ignored if someone is convinced they know all that there is to know about the topic.

The people are estimating how many necros they have seen in comparison to other people on your server, and it seems that there are a lot of people that run necros on your server. Is that hard to understand? The semantics of the exact percentage of necros that are running around in WvW on your server is silly to even bring up into a discussion because nobody knows those figures and it would be a pain for anybody to even attempt to research those figures other than somebody at arenanet, and it would likely be a very safe bet to make, that the amount of necros playing on HoD in WvW is not a huge talking point at arenanet.

A lot of players on HoD are playing Necro. Simple, true, and you can’t scrutinize the semantics of a “guess-timation.” If you need me to simplify more things for you to understand, just send me a whisper in game and I’ll help you out.

“Hod is about 50% necros atm, so them beating the odds isn’t really that amazing.”

I don’t care what the percentage estimate is, I don’t care what the class is, my point was apparently no matter what class we supposedly run more of, beating the odds apparently isn’t amazing, because we run whatever class they happened to see a lot of. Feel free to explain my flaws to me, I play under the same name normally.

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

The only reason I come to the forums is because I am unable to play. When I do play I don’t go to the forums. Pretty sure that’s the case with most people on the forum. Its kind of like a game outside of the game. Occasionally there will be a fight worth noting. But for now the situation seems to either zerg or be zerged. Or rush something that you know as little to no defenders

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silas Drake.8946

Silas Drake.8946

Or just run run run run

Phorfiet - HoD O|O

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Hmm, I was the one flipping your EB corner today for IoJ. If you can tell me which guild was hacking please let me know, Ill have a talk with them. The reason we took your corner was because you had no presence not hacking, And us and NSP were just playing the little WXP flip and retake while they came back for EB stuff in your corner and then back to your BL to continually roll you guys. Again if you know of anyone hacking on IoJ and their Guild Name let someone know. We dont tolerate it, Dont point blank fingers if you cant prove it.
Anyways I will say this, Theres a good 7 hours at LEAST to catch up in points.
We’ve closed 10-15k gaps in that amount of time, I dont think catching you will be a problem if things stay the way they are.

As for the kitten throwing around about IoJ needing to be on an EU server, Even there time zones would be skewed, because we have OCEANIC COVERAGE. Not EU, Please learn that. I am an NA prime, We still field ~30-40 in EB and our BL if need be. If you actually played with us when we were in first, EB is almsot always queue’d with 50+. IoJ NA is Largely PvE, But if we are winning you see our numbers double in no time. Anyways i’m done replying to forum warriors and trolls.

Dont think ill be getting on the forums again before Reset so good match up HoD and NSP. The whole BL disconnect thing Friday-Tuesday before they update really screwed us up, but eh kitten happens. Look forward to seeing you guys again sometime. Respect to Smitry and Bird for being great commanders to go against and Awesome Guys. Cant say the same about HoD sadly as I havent seen any of their commanders do anything but trash talk on the forums o/ Until i can nom on your BL/EB Corner again guys, Goodbye and Goodluck next match up to both servers!! Flys away

Not today, yesterday afternoon.

Our Bay flipped with less than 45 seconds of notice. Period. We had swords for around 15 seconds, because as I said, I waypointed into bay, ran out the back gate and through the wurm gate toward the NW camp around the same time you would have been working on the doors, and there was NOTHING going on in there.

Nothing.

We had people INSIDE the outer gates and no outer gates had been breached when it flipped and all the sudden they were attacked by NPCs.

I am not saying you are hacking, nor most of IoJ, at all. I AM saying that this was suspicious, and we were ACTIVELY patrolling all of our towers and keeps with sentries near each gate (yes, even water gate at Bay).

If you ninja’d it, fine. Fair is fair. But I have been at this for over 6 months, and I have NEVER seen anything like that. No siege at the doors (I checked them all, and was the reason it had swords right after you took it), any of them, no golems on the inside (as I said, we had people in there).

Nothing.

And even 3 omegas, with time warp, would have taken 1:30 seconds to breech outer and inner and kill the champ on a fully upgraded T3 keep. I have the math already done, because with the new glut of cheap siege, it will be a tactic we will ALL be facing now.

I am just getting tired of all the questionable tactics that go on, especially since people on HoD go our of our way to police each other for it.

In T8, it wasn’t a big deal, we fought with ET and FC, and won mostly, but we would never think of cheating, and both ET and FC never showed signs of that either.

Before when it was GoM, NSP, and HoD, there was VERY little cheating, and it was addressed by the commanders and called out on the forums.

But with Zoomhaven™ last week, and then all these questionable caps, it is intensely frustrating to be playing to the best of your ability without hacking and have your opponents pull shenanigans because for them, winning is more important than playing fair.

It is FAR more discouraging than being ganked repeatedly by NSP’s Hot Join Heroes™ that would rather stomp people running between towers and camps than actually contribute in a larger way to their servers benefit. Heck, I don’t mind that at all by comparison, it think it’s funny.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Well I have noticed one difference between IoJ and NSP. If NSP does not have at least a 3 to 1 advantage they will run away. At least IoJ will fight no matter what the odds are. So IoJ will fight but boy oh boy can NSP ever run away in a hurry.

I’m pretty sure you’re confusing rolling over 3 or 4 people with your HoD zerg and then getting crushed and humiliated by NSP’s “zerg” with numbers approximately 10 – 20 less than yours.

Uh huh. Like the 25 plus and a golem you used to take the southeast tower that was protected by only one defender, without any siege weapons and no supply. Was it necessary for those “outnumbered” NSP to laugh and dance on me after they rolled over me? No I am not confused at all. I mean they were real brave and skilled.

Theftwind (HoD)

(edited by Theftwind.8976)

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: anthsss.1564

anthsss.1564

This thread. It amuses me. I love that apparently only HOD has no skill yet when they post videos/images of them taking on harder odds… apparently it doesn’t count. Good stuff.

Hod is about 50% necros atm, so them beating the odds isn’t really that amazing.

Additionally, every server has skilled players, and the bad ones tend not to post videos. So don’t put too much importance on some roamers posting stuff on Youtube, no matter what server they are from.

Depending on who you ask, we’re 50% necros, 50% guardians, 50% mesmers, or 50% rangers. I think i’ve seen all of them applied to us. That’s like, 200% No wonder we beat the odds!

To your second point, that essentially proves my point I was trying to make. It’s entirely pointless who argue about “skill”. The sole purpose of talking about skill is to bait people into forum warrioring. In the end, every server has skill, every server lacks skill. Every time skill is shown, it’s usually ignored if someone is convinced they know all that there is to know about the topic.

The people are estimating how many necros they have seen in comparison to other people on your server, and it seems that there are a lot of people that run necros on your server. Is that hard to understand? The semantics of the exact percentage of necros that are running around in WvW on your server is silly to even bring up into a discussion because nobody knows those figures and it would be a pain for anybody to even attempt to research those figures other than somebody at arenanet, and it would likely be a very safe bet to make, that the amount of necros playing on HoD in WvW is not a huge talking point at arenanet.

A lot of players on HoD are playing Necro. Simple, true, and you can’t scrutinize the semantics of a “guess-timation.” If you need me to simplify more things for you to understand, just send me a whisper in game and I’ll help you out.

“Hod is about 50% necros atm, so them beating the odds isn’t really that amazing.”

I don’t care what the percentage estimate is, I don’t care what the class is, my point was apparently no matter what class we supposedly run more of, beating the odds apparently isn’t amazing, because we run whatever class they happened to see a lot of. Feel free to explain my flaws to me, I play under the same name normally.

Well there is this term called FOTM, it stands for flavor of the month. The current FOTM in gw2 is the necro class, I don’t run necro so I don’t know the build(s) that are the FOTM, but there are certain skills, traits and combinations that allow the necro to be too powerful, due to the most recent update that buffed them. This happens in nearly every update, they wouldn’t do skill re-balancing every month if the skills were perfectly balanced.

As you may know, if you play any game with a character that has an inherent advantage over the other characters/classes in the game, then your feats aren’t as highly praised as you would like them to be. If you have a lot of people saying “You guys run a ton of ‘x class’ in WvW” and it’s a different class each time, then you should see what the FOTM is. It’s likely that a lot of people on your server reroll to the FOTM in order to do what they are doing, better. It’s a smart tactic, but seen as less honorable, or in this case, less amazing.

Anths[TBCT]-NSP

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

lunyboy.8672

Well I have noticed one difference between IoJ and NSP. If NSP does not have at least a 3 to 1 advantage they will run away. At least IoJ will fight no matter what the odds are. So IoJ will fight but boy oh boy can NSP ever run away in a hurry.

I’m pretty sure you’re confusing rolling over 3 or 4 people with your HoD zerg and then getting crushed and humiliated by NSP’s “zerg” with numbers approximately 10 – 20 less than yours.

Uh huh. Like the 25 plus and a golem you used to take the southeast tower that was protected by only one defender, without any siege weapons and no supply. Was it necessary for those “outnumbered” NSP to laugh and dance on me after they rolled over me? No I am not confused at all. I mean they were real brave and skilled.

100% true, I was on my way in when I saw that zerg already inside. We were still trying to figure out what happened to bay and keep the SW secure, and you caught us at our most disorganized.

Whine all you want about how much you hate siege… but you had golems… to take an easy South tower.

Lol.

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sarsbear.3469

Sarsbear.3469

With all this talk about zergs I thought I’d share some footage of between 5-7 SPLT taking on some IoJ.

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wenrolio.8063

Wenrolio.8063

Necromancer now is a heck of a lot better than it was before; however, I’m not so certain I’d say that every necromancer is overpowered. It is a specific build that was mentioned as being out of balance (fire+terror). I expect that the terror trait will be moved to grand master soon enough. Thus no more extended fear duration, damage, and burning from traits.

Asuran -Engineer, Elementalist, Necromancer, Mesmer, and underlevel Ranger

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Hmm, I was the one flipping your EB corner today for IoJ. If you can tell me which guild was hacking please let me know, Ill have a talk with them. The reason we took your corner was because you had no presence not hacking, And us and NSP were just playing the little WXP flip and retake while they came back for EB stuff in your corner and then back to your BL to continually roll you guys. Again if you know of anyone hacking on IoJ and their Guild Name let someone know. We dont tolerate it, Dont point blank fingers if you cant prove it.
Anyways I will say this, Theres a good 7 hours at LEAST to catch up in points.
We’ve closed 10-15k gaps in that amount of time, I dont think catching you will be a problem if things stay the way they are.

As for the kitten throwing around about IoJ needing to be on an EU server, Even there time zones would be skewed, because we have OCEANIC COVERAGE. Not EU, Please learn that. I am an NA prime, We still field ~30-40 in EB and our BL if need be. If you actually played with us when we were in first, EB is almsot always queue’d with 50+. IoJ NA is Largely PvE, But if we are winning you see our numbers double in no time. Anyways i’m done replying to forum warriors and trolls.

Dont think ill be getting on the forums again before Reset so good match up HoD and NSP. The whole BL disconnect thing Friday-Tuesday before they update really screwed us up, but eh kitten happens. Look forward to seeing you guys again sometime. Respect to Smitry and Bird for being great commanders to go against and Awesome Guys. Cant say the same about HoD sadly as I havent seen any of their commanders do anything but trash talk on the forums o/ Until i can nom on your BL/EB Corner again guys, Goodbye and Goodluck next match up to both servers!! Flys away

Not today, yesterday afternoon.

Our Bay flipped with less than 45 seconds of notice. Period. We had swords for around 15 seconds, because as I said, I waypointed into bay, ran out the back gate and through the wurm gate toward the NW camp around the same time you would have been working on the doors, and there was NOTHING going on in there.

Nothing.

We had people INSIDE the outer gates and no outer gates had been breached when it flipped and all the sudden they were attacked by NPCs.

I am not saying you are hacking, nor most of IoJ, at all. I AM saying that this was suspicious, and we were ACTIVELY patrolling all of our towers and keeps with sentries near each gate (yes, even water gate at Bay).

If you ninja’d it, fine. Fair is fair. But I have been at this for over 6 months, and I have NEVER seen anything like that. No siege at the doors (I checked them all, and was the reason it had swords right after you took it), any of them, no golems on the inside (as I said, we had people in there).

Nothing.

And even 3 omegas, with time warp, would have taken 1:30 seconds to breech outer and inner and kill the champ on a fully upgraded T3 keep. I have the math already done, because with the new glut of cheap siege, it will be a tactic we will ALL be facing now.

I am just getting tired of all the questionable tactics that go on, especially since people on HoD go our of our way to police each other for it.

In T8, it wasn’t a big deal, we fought with ET and FC, and won mostly, but we would never think of cheating, and both ET and FC never showed signs of that either.

Before when it was GoM, NSP, and HoD, there was VERY little cheating, and it was addressed by the commanders and called out on the forums.

But with Zoomhaven™ last week, and then all these questionable caps, it is intensely frustrating to be playing to the best of your ability without hacking and have your opponents pull shenanigans because for them, winning is more important than playing fair.

It is FAR more discouraging than being ganked repeatedly by NSP’s Hot Join Heroes™ that would rather stomp people running between towers and camps than actually contribute in a larger way to their servers benefit. Heck, I don’t mind that at all by comparison, it think it’s funny.

As we have continually told servers who accused us of cheating, Provide a guild tag and we will have words. Our commanders do not condone it, We use to take pride in holding our own against DH while constantly outmanned anywhere we went, We have no reason to cheat in my opinion. Please if you can prove a Guild Tag of any members of our server you see hacking, exploiting or cheating. Until you have that or proof please keep it off the forums, Notify a commander on our server through in game until then at least so we know to look for suspicious signs of behavior with players.

Isle Of Janthir

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Kanthar Turambar.9164

As you may know, if you play any game with a character that has an inherent advantage over the other characters/classes in the game, then your feats aren’t as highly praised as you would like them to be. If you have a lot of people saying “You guys run a ton of ‘x class’ in WvW” and it’s a different class each time, then you should see what the FOTM is. It’s likely that a lot of people on your server reroll to the FOTM in order to do what they are doing, better. It’s a smart tactic, but seen as less honorable, or in this case, less amazing.

Excuse me if the quote doesn’t work quite right because i decided to delete like 70% of the chain. Yeah, I’m aware how FOTM works, I’d still also argue that even if a class is “FOTM”, it’d still take some semblance of ability to pull off using the FOTM build effectively (much like how there’s a major difference between a good and bad theif when they were running around going bananas).

The way I took the 50% necros comment is the same way I take just about every comment that uses some random circumstance to say no you aren’t as skilled as me, go home. “you took this while we (I) slept”. “you only kept that until we decided we didnt want you to” (that’s the one I really like to see). “you spammed X class”. “you are losing in PPT”. As far as I’m concerned, it’s just an excuse to not acknowledge something a player/group/server figured and and used effectively.

Basically, I’m just tired of everyone we face (and yes us, at times) following up what someone did and decided to post about with a “yeah but” kind of comment. Cool, you did something awesome, now here are things that were awesome we did! I know that’s pretty carebear, and kind of kills the forum warrioring we tend to enjoy at work, but it’s a heck of a lot more respectful. I’m as guilty of this as the next guy, but finding reasons to dismiss what a group did (unless it’s abusing hacks/glitches) outside of countering with your own awesome and/or better escapades… I just don’t get the point.

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

lunyboy.8672

With all this talk about zergs I thought I’d share some footage of between 5-7 SPLT taking on some IoJ.

Gotta be honest with you, I take on a lot of “small team” groups, and usually die, sometimes I win if I catch them off guard, but you guys… you guys I avoid and back cap. I generally solo run, and mostly to retake camps, and check towers and keeps, but sometimes I will start tossing grenades at you anyway.

I don’t think I have ever successfully stomped any of you, despite my best efforts.

Well done.

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: GavinGoodrich.1382

GavinGoodrich.1382

Basically, I’m just tired of everyone we face (and yes us, at times) following up what someone did and decided to post about with a “yeah but” kind of comment. Cool, you did something awesome, now here are things that were awesome we did! I know that’s pretty carebear, and kind of kills the forum warrioring we tend to enjoy at work, but it’s a heck of a lot more respectful. I’m as guilty of this as the next guy, but finding reasons to dismiss what a group did (unless it’s abusing hacks/glitches) outside of countering with your own awesome and/or better escapades… I just don’t get the point.

That will never end, just about 99% of the time, as the match goes on. As we get to the midnight hour of reset time…people will be more cordial, until then it’s everyone trying to get the last word in as if what they say WILL BE THE LAST WORD AND THAT IS IT SO HELP ME JEEBUS. Then they’ll sit back, smug or sure as can be, until someone launches with their opinion or whatnot, and fires ’em back up, and it all starts up again.

Golem rushes aside, it’s been a fun week.

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Alaric.7628

Alaric.7628

That was fun. Except when they popped swords on my corpse. That wasn’t fun

Alaric Clone [KOM]
NSP

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

lunyboy.8672

As we have continually told servers who accused us of cheating,

There’s a red flag if I’ve ever seen one. (emphasis mine)

Provide a guild tag and we will have words. Our commanders do not condone it, We use to take pride in holding our own against DH while constantly outmanned anywhere we went, We have no reason to cheat in my opinion. Please if you can prove a Guild Tag of any members of our server you see hacking, exploiting or cheating. Until you have that or proof please keep it off the forums, Notify a commander on our server through in game until then at least so we know to look for suspicious signs of behavior with players.

Ummmm, we didn’t see who did it. That’s my point. I am not explicitly saying anyone cheated. Simply laying out the facts as I remember them. I got half a dozen whispers about it after bay fell in less time than it took to run from Wurm to the camp and back. All asking me what happened, and as I said before, I don’t know.

This is someone letting you know that it was suspicious, and you should maybe do some investigating, since we can’t see your names, nor do we know where your commanders are, or if they are all inside a keep, then I can’t get to anyone to contact or report them anyway, can I?

As I am not in violation of any of the rules of the forum, I reserve the right to point to suspicious behavior in our only “official” form of communication, without explicitly stating that anyone was doing anything against the User Agreement.

If we had actual evidence of anything nefarious, we couldn’t post it here anyway.

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: GavinGoodrich.1382

GavinGoodrich.1382

We’re in the same boat as you, Fisthammer. How are we supposed to investigate? Just go on a witch hunt? You realize every server gets accusations of cheating..oh..probably a couple times a week? With hardly any evidence to go on, if any? And it’s already over and done with, after the fact, and this isn’t CSI…there’s no real evidence trail to follow, and we’re not privvy to Anet’s logs or anything, as to who-did-what. Don’t you think you’re asking a bit much of the average casual gamer?

We’re not asking any of you to do that, so please don’t drop a steaming pile of crap on our desks, either.

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Kanthar Turambar.9164

That will never end, just about 99% of the time, as the match goes on. As we get to the midnight hour of reset time…people will be more cordial, until then it’s everyone trying to get the last word in as if what they say WILL BE THE LAST WORD AND THAT IS IT SO HELP ME JEEBUS. Then they’ll sit back, smug or sure as can be, until someone launches with their opinion or whatnot, and fires ’em back up, and it all starts up again.

Golem rushes aside, it’s been a fun week.

Pretty much agreed. While I understand it’s going to happen, there are times where I just have to jump into that fray. At least I know what I’m getting myself into :p

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Skittles.9285

Skittles.9285

Sup? Drama here? Ahh, yup.
Just play the game and have fun. <3

Lakota De Ortus – 80 Mes WvW Commander | Kota De Ortus – 80 Guard WvW Commander
Regina De Ortus – 80 Elementalist | Sophia De Ortus – 80 Ranger
Henge of Denravi [PHZE]

(edited by Skittles.9285)

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

Talking crap and gloating about being the best Tier 7 server is like being the smartest kid on the short bus.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

It is hilarious however to see NSP state that they do not like running in packs and that they are outnumbered in fights. I have routinely soled supply camps, taking them back from NSP, but I have noticed that NSP likes to send 6 to 10 people to cap one camp and quite often more. I was in the process of putting down the supervisor in our North east camp ( Foghaven) when 8 NSP rushed in to ninja it.

Ah but I cannot complain too much. As I stated in a previous post I have gotten over 500 kills this matchup, most thanks to NSP’s poor play quality. Yes, I may have met my demise about 10 times but 500 versus 10 is worth it. My hats off to the one bunker engie that was fighting me to a stalemate…..he is one tough engineer. There is one ele that put me down solo, however I fixed my toon for the next time we meet. Your thieves are not an issue unless they are travelling in a wolf pack and the warriors just add to my kill count.

Theftwind (HoD)

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Ah but I cannot complain too much. As I stated in a previous post I have gotten over 500 kills this matchup, most thanks to NSP’s poor play quality. Yes, I may have met my demise about 10 times but 500 versus 10 is worth it.

Idk who you’ve been fighting but 1vs1 me.
I enjoy a good player duel.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Haz.9864

Haz.9864

not legit, u had 7 ppl! 10 if u count the centaur adds.. u zergers.

Akue – war, Duck Dogers – eng (Splt) (NSP)

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: JamboHammer.4397

JamboHammer.4397

I’m not trying to be “rude” here guys, I hate being “rude” but let’s be honest here. The only reason NSP is higher in the rankings is because they zerg around. The average NSP player is awful compared to pretty much anyone I’ve ever fought before, and IoJ? If they didn’t have a massive night presence then they wouldn’t even be close to licking our boots.

I get that you think you’re good, but you’re not and you should come to accept that HoD is better then you in every way. I’m sorry that you had to find out this way but it’s best to get over your delusions now. That being said, I’m so glad to fight you all another night though, I’ve enjoyed running roughshod over your terrible players.

id like to 1v1 u cuz for the past days ive been nothing but 1v2+ing Hod and destroying them. all i go to this matchup is hod bl.

Nsp,Gom,Mag[Yaks Bend] Asura Thief- Chronic Fangs/Asura War- Karcerus/Norn Mes- Karcmerus
Charr Ele- Mack Jack/Human Guardian- Karcian/Human Necro- Karcermancer/
Asura Rev- Kushatronium/Asura Engi- Kushatronic /Sylvari Ranger- Karcushian

(edited by JamboHammer.4397)

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

lunyboy.8672

We’re in the same boat as you, Fisthammer. How are we supposed to investigate? Just go on a witch hunt? You realize every server gets accusations of cheating..oh..probably a couple times a week? With hardly any evidence to go on, if any? And it’s already over and done with, after the fact, and this isn’t CSI…there’s no real evidence trail to follow, and we’re not privvy to Anet’s logs or anything, as to who-did-what. Don’t you think you’re asking a bit much of the average casual gamer?

We’re not asking any of you to do that, so please don’t drop a steaming pile of crap on our desks, either.

Note that HoD doesn’t get accused of cheating in our match-up threads (anymore). WvW is fun for us, even when we lose (we were in T8 for a while). If someone cheats on our server, and anyone sees it. We report it. Period.

I get that making sure no one is cheating is hard. I am not putting it on your desk, and saying “here, you deal with it.” I am simply giving you the details that you need to look out for. I am sure there is some type of command hierarchy, or at least, a few bigger guilds who know what is going on, and they should see the patterns.

Deal with it, don’t deal with it, I don’t really care that much after tonight, but I will tell you this from my experience in other games.

Exploitation is a culture.

When it becomes acceptable, or at least an “open secret,” it spreads like a virus. With a wink and a nod, certain people are selected to use the arrow carts, or small teams are hush hush going to take a tower. Because it is usually limited to the “cool kids,” at first, everyone wants to know about it, or understand what is happening, so they can be cool too, or at least not look like nübs.

Before you know it, people are asking about things they shouldn’t in map chat, and people who are tired of cheating to win start thinking about leaving.

How do I know this? Let’s say this isn’t my first MMO, and just listening to the oral history of certain servers in this game has given me quite a perspective on it specifically as well.

(Forum Warrior Mode Off) Most of you IoJ folks seem like decent people, and I have thoroughly enjoyed fighting you, and even getting stomped by you. Please don’t take any of this personally, I am sure 99% of you are just casual people who like to play a team sport of sorts after work, like we do.

I have said it before, and I will say it again, we NEED to be able to grab a beer and hang out where we can actually meet people or at least video conference, instead of having black and white text be our official medium of exchange. That is one advantage of local softball or bowling leagues, we get to enjoy the drunken camaraderie after the match. And when we guest to each others LA, the damage is done, we are already either angry or indifferent, and it seldom works out well, because… well… it’s TEXT. AGAIN.

Have a good next match up, and remember, WvW is a mini-game inside of another video game, and the score doesn’t go on your permanent record

(Forum Warrior Mode ON)

UGH! ME FIGHT YOU!

Chest thumping

PRYBAY TO FACE!

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Iluth.6875

Iluth.6875

Well lets just say that the sudden popularity of necros doesn’t have much to do with the gameplay or flavour of the class.

I wish my own server were such a bunch of soulless minmaxers, we could have farmed you guys even harder this week.

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

Only thing I get from this thread is that Toble is still in love with PAXA.

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

ArkAngel.7940

Iluth you are so hilarious!

Henge of Denravi [HoD]

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Epsilon Atreides.3816

Epsilon Atreides.3816

The second video is of 8 HoD hitting 25+ IoJ, mostly composed of the HARD guild at their own camp and killing them. Of course, I understand that you would prefer to ignore that as it is embarrassing to you.

Fair enough. I should apologize. I think all the talk about people wiping their feet on my face and whatnot I made a quick assessment in anger. I find it difficult to get a lot out of videos when it cuts in halfway through the fight. Videos in general don’t really give the full circumstances and are usually cut in interesting ways to make the people who post look as good as possible. People typically don’t post videos when they get beat, for example. However, that’s no excuse to take away from the skill you guys may have as a group. It’s probably true you guys are a good team; I haven’t run into you and so I shouldn’t comment.

I think the point of my post, besides being a kitten, was I don’t in general see a basis for all the bragging I read here, or the insults that get thrown our way. From my perspective I see skilled players on IoJ, but a lot of those guys who might prefer/be well suited to small group play spend the bulk of their time in game herding cats (pugs) so we don’t get completely rolled each week. The small-minded comments I read detract from their efforts to keep wvw from dying a slow death on yet another server.

Also, I realize my last comment may be interpreted to imply HoD doesn’t have skill. That wasn’t intended; I just find during my particular time on NSP tends to come out of the zerg more and it’s easier to pick up on. I’m sure you guys have lots of good players as well.

On that note, thanks again to the IoJ commanders and regulars for another fun week. You guys are great. See you for reset.

Epsilon
Mag/FA

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Haz.9864

Haz.9864

Gotta be honest with you, I take on a lot of “small team” groups, and usually die, sometimes I win if I catch them off guard, but you guys… you guys I avoid and back cap. I generally solo run, and mostly to retake camps, and check towers and keeps, but sometimes I will start tossing grenades at you anyway.

I don’t think I have ever successfully stomped any of you, despite my best efforts.

Well done.

if you see us, invite yourself to our group one day and say hi, we often leave notable soloers alone since theres no point in bowling them over with a group.

Akue – war, Duck Dogers – eng (Splt) (NSP)

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: JamboHammer.4397

JamboHammer.4397

ty for the nice 1v2 Hod mesmers on the lake bridge going towards briar in hod bl was fun hope u enjoyed my tasty dagger

Nsp,Gom,Mag[Yaks Bend] Asura Thief- Chronic Fangs/Asura War- Karcerus/Norn Mes- Karcmerus
Charr Ele- Mack Jack/Human Guardian- Karcian/Human Necro- Karcermancer/
Asura Rev- Kushatronium/Asura Engi- Kushatronic /Sylvari Ranger- Karcushian

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: JohnnyRico.8591

JohnnyRico.8591

Well done.

if you see us, invite yourself to our group one day and say hi, we often leave notable soloers alone since theres no point in bowling them over with a group.

You run a 7 man zerg then leave solos alone? What in the world is going on?! You carebears…

Rackin Stack (SPCA) – Norn Support Engineer and #1 Noob NA
Speed Búmp (SPCA/SOLO) – Asura Engineer
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcYNsmKLJ2vJhhOEefzyg1A

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Otters.1567

Otters.1567

I’m not trying to be “rude” here guys, I hate being “rude” but let’s be honest here. The only reason NSP is higher in the rankings is because they zerg around. The average NSP player is awful compared to pretty much anyone I’ve ever fought before, and IoJ? If they didn’t have a massive night presence then they wouldn’t even be close to licking our boots.

I get that you think you’re good, but you’re not and you should come to accept that HoD is better then you in every way. I’m sorry that you had to find out this way but it’s best to get over your delusions now. That being said, I’m so glad to fight you all another night though, I’ve enjoyed running roughshod over your terrible players.

id like to 1v1 u cuz for the past days ive been nothing but 1v2+ing Hod and destroying them. all i go to this matchup is hod bl.

Pls show where to one V one. Everyone i attack use elite to run. Then another 2 show and kill shot with the gun. Then they sit on my body, it’s not fun.

Buy a Pocket Otter, only 500G [Holy]

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

INCOMING FOURM WARRIORS TAKE EVASIVE ACTIONS!!

P.S. Stala i will miss you my love <3

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reido Kyuuten.4709

Reido Kyuuten.4709

NSP, IOJ post here tomorrow when the only server with a green arrow in rank and rating is HOD.

..this guy lol.

Ofc you guys are. Haven’t you figured it out, because of the new system throwing servers with a big rating difference it causes the higher rated server to loose rating unless its a complete faceroll match up. You guys merely holding onto your points hurts our rating. Which have little to mean with whats actually going up in the match up.

Oh well. If you guys are really gaining rating, expect to be put with even stronger servers next match up… rofl.

I’m sorry, but you guys continue to make excuses for why HOD is competing in this match. First it’s because were scavengers, then it’s because you and IOJ are wrapped up in this epic battle, now it’s cause of the new match ups.

Then you say our only tactic is a zerg. I’m sorry, but NSP, IOJ your no different.

When we rise in rating and get placed in tougher match ups we will still compete. Why, because thats what we do. And if your hoping to get weaker opponents just to “faceroll” so you can increase rating, then that tells me all I need to know about you.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/history/28

I really need you to clarify what you mean by ‘compete’ based on your server’s recent history. Do you mean trying your best to almost make half of BP’s points or losing to DH by 115k? Beating up on lowest tier caliber SF, FC and ET for the longest time—and more recently DR and AR has really done wonders for your ‘reality.’

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/42/

See how the GREEN line is relatively on or below the BLUE line until about 36hrs ago (aka for 80% of the matchup so far)? That is called let’s make IoJ lose cuz we hate them. Yw for 2nd place. Don’t believe me? Look at the income evolution for the week. IoJ looks really weird on the day HoD passed them up doesn’t it? And before you start claiming HoD did xyz—really? HoD went and capped IoJ bl all day? Really? HoD did that to take the lead over IoJ?

I’m pretty sure by looking at NSP’s history I could say the same thing. That your ego is massivly inflated. Is it strange that NSP rating also began to rise after the change? Even though you had a pretty bad string of 3rd place finishes there?

In reference to your HoD did, xyz. No we didn’t do that to IoJ yesterday. It was NSP that we did that to. And that was concerning a comment that all we have done this match was cap paper.

Look HoD went from top to the bottom, when we lost a ton of players and guilds. By compete I mean we are gaining moral by being competitive. We are rebuilding our ranks and identity, and all NSP and IoJ have done this week is dump on that. Is it really a suprise that we started to stick up for our server? It was pretty civil up until HoD took second firmly, which had been back and fourth all week.

It’s called WvWvW for a reason. Lets just be honest here, you both wrote us off and it f’d you. It f’d you in the a.

Most servers at the lower tiers haven’t been down here forever and talking about anything earlier than the past few months doesn’t really mean much because of personnel changes over time. Aside from the initial glory for HoD while being a packed server due to it being around since beta, HoD crashed to T7 and has been at that level since—even with the temporary boost from low population influx a while back. NSP has also lost, but if you compare the quality of servers we lost to at the time of matchups vs those that HoD has been losing to in the past couple of months, it’s not even a contest.

That being said, none of the rankings matter since wvw for the most part is just a numbers/coverage game. It means little toward the quality of players.

The only thing I was addressing is the bravado that came out of nowhere from HoD. Things like calling NSP HoD’s little sister server at the start of the matchup to boasting about passing up IoJ like it was HoD’s quality that made that happen when HoD had been neck and neck with them or losing for the majority of the week until NSP decided to totally screw IoJ over. It’s great that HoD noticed and took the opportunity of being in close 2nd and NSP/IoJ going at each other’s borderlands and tried to take 1st. But to claim that HoD actively put itself in 2nd this week is false (you’re right—it was back and forth, but not all week because IoJ had taken a pretty decent 2nd place lead) and then I don’t understand how NSP got ’f’d’. NSP never lost the lead and the lead was never really close enough to be in question since even when IoJ was in 2nd, the point gap fluctuated from 3k-8k daily as well. I don’t understand where you get all this nonsense from.

(edited by Reido Kyuuten.4709)

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

@ Theftwind.8976
Anyone can say “omg (Insert enemy server here) sent a group of 5 to take a camp!”
I have taken camps solo in Hod bl for daily a few times only to be interrupted by a 20 man group of hod or 10 ioj. I have also seen like 50 Hod at Spelden camp taking it all together.
So every server does it, But its pointless to complain.

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Otters.1567

Otters.1567

@ Theftwind.8976
Anyone can say “omg (Insert enemy server here) sent a group of 5 to take a camp!”
I have taken camps solo in Hod bl for daily a few times only to be interrupted by a 20 man group of hod or 10 ioj. I have also seen like 50 Hod at Spelden camp taking it all together.

He needs to post again about how he got 500 kills, need more eggroll.

Buy a Pocket Otter, only 500G [Holy]

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: codiac.5642

codiac.5642

Clearly NSP and HOD are both pushing for the Dailies to include some forum warrior options.

Suggestions:

0/5 up voted posts
0/5 down voted posts
0/3 infractions
0/3 posts with screen shots
0/1 forum suspensions

HOD since beta

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Flerch.4817

Flerch.4817

@ Theftwind.8976

He needs to post again about how he got 500 kills, need more eggroll.

I’d like to reiterate how bad our thieves are. Especially the likes of Mugi the Newbie and Viohlently Terrible. By far the worst 2 spammers I’ve ever seen in this game.

Timada Thief|Poof Poof Bang Mesmer
Daklap Elementalist|Man Crushin Thighs Warrior
XOXO|NSP

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

BEST 3 WAY OF ALL WEEK FOLKS.

The SM 3 way just before reset!!! I feel sorry to anyone that missed it, it was pretty long, it took me time to plan everything out since IoJ’s first push failed due to HoDs siege in lords room. Good defense! I somehow kept the morale going for all our server, after we struggled just to get in through north we decided to make a hole in SM for ourselves since NSP was pushing hard from north breached wall.

Once IoJ got inner and outer gate down, we waited patienly for the plan to work out. Killing anything on sight with the zerg stacked, till that little asura mesmer manage to make his way to SM 3rd floor and slowly porting EVERYONE to 3rd floor. Props to Airlam!

Once my team got to 3rd floor we went down to 2nd floor to siege it up, and bomb anything on lords room. After any enemy on sight from both servers that were fighting each other ruthlessly, we got the lords down. And held our ground in the ring like a true champ

THIS, is what IOJ was made of. THIS is what we are capable of doing when everyone is working together. following every move.

I was originally looking for HODs zerg, i wanted some open field fights. After wiping you guys are your attempt to take out EB keep, we capped your BL with little resistance ( twice, the bl cap) and as i thought, you were all fighting in EB for SM.

Thanks for the great fight, hope to fight you guys soon.

Commander Nachonix

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

ArkAngel.7940

Iluth, this is for you. A parting gift.

Attachments:

Henge of Denravi [HoD]

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

lunyboy.8672

I love that you caught the lens flare from the event. So Pro.

Well done.

You run a 7 man zerg then leave solos alone? What in the world is going on?! You carebears…

An honorable dude. Respect.

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Glaeser.8015

Glaeser.8015

Well done.

Emphasis on the notable. We still bowl over most stragglers.

Glaezer – [Splt] [Holy] – NSP
Charr Guardian & many alts
I am the donut

7/5 NSP/IoJ/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Iluth.6875

Iluth.6875

Iluth, this is for you. A parting gift.

LOL

Sad thing is, even your organized joke necro zerg is smaller than your actual necro zergs.

Perhaps you could’ve gotten more people to participate if all your guys hadn’t ragequit halfway through last night.