7/6/13: BT-UW-RoF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sin.4130

Sin.4130

Maybe you missed us taking UW garri yesterday then. Also, TaG, NaZ and FR spent entire evening pushing UW Bay (which was even mantioned on this thread). Aside from reset (which we spent on UW BL), my guild was sharing the WvW evenings even between UW and BT borders

Also, I’m not saying that going for RoF is bad tactics if you want to keep 2nd spot, more love given to UW would just make that matchup more interesting

Maybe one time you were lucky, we own some of their territory every day. As I play only in BT border I can say that you appear only with UW or when border is empty. That’s totally unfair relative to UW and maybe that’s why you have so many time to knock on their walls.

(edited by Sin.4130)

in Match-ups

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

Maybe you missed us taking UW garri yesterday then. Also, TaG, NaZ and FR spent entire evening pushing UW Bay (which was even mantioned on this thread). Aside from reset (which we spent on UW BL), my guild was sharing the WvW evenings even between UW and BT borders

Also, I’m not saying that going for RoF is bad tactics if you want to keep 2nd spot, more love given to UW would just make that matchup more interesting

Maybe one time you were lucky, we own some of their territory every day. As I play only in BT border I can say that you appear only with UW or when border is empty. That’s totally unfair relative to UW and maybe that’s why you have so many time to knock on their walls.

Many RoFers feel the exact opposite, that you never see BT unless UW is around attacking us. But let’s be honest, UW is everywhere all the time, they have way too many people compared to us. In reality it’s probably just paranoia on both of our sides. The only time you see a lot of us is during a community/maybe a guild a event, that’s about the only time we can get 30 in a bl. Early in the week we did focus on UW, and they had a lot on us as you could see BT bl wasn’t being touched compared to UW/Rof’s on the weekend. Our first few events were in UW, and we generally just try to pick the emptiest map so we don’t have any randoms tagging along, so we can avoid queues, etc. Yesterday we had a 4+ hour fight on and off at UW bay, the day before we had an event in your bl because no one was there from RoF. We try to pick tactically/logistically, meaning we pick who we need to pressure more/wherever we can get everybody in at.

tl;dr – both of our servers are paranoid and think the exact opposite of eachother. And UW has a lot of people :c

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

just ride UW bay with few invaders

We had 30 min queue at UW BL at one point. And no, BT isn’t winning by luck. BT is winning due to better morning coverage.

(If you don’t believe me, check http://gw2tracker.net/wvw/stats/live to see points distribution by hour)

Anyway, I’m not going to deny that BT improved a lot since we last met and I wonder what would be the outcome if we met without UW obviously outmanning us both

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in Match-ups

Sin.4130

We had 30 min queue at UW BL at one point. And no, BT isn’t winning by luck. BT is winning due to better morning coverage.

(If you don’t believe me, check http://gw2tracker.net/wvw/stats/live to see points distribution by hour)

Anyway, I’m not going to deny that BT improved a lot since we last met and I wonder what would be the outcome if we met without UW obviously outmanning us both

Thank you for your judge master yoda. In linked page I found nothing.
Did you also have queue in RoF border or it was Just empty?

in Match-ups

pejot.4806

Okay, my bad for not pointing detailed instructions for young padawan. Pick your server name from first combobox (the window with dropdown list) and “Averaged by time of the day” from third. And we were doing fine in our BL (no queue obvoiusly, we don’t have that manpower) as UW had to move some ppl back to their BL and they couldn’t push past south towers

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by pejot.4806)

in Match-ups

Sin.4130

Okay, my bad for not pointing detailed instructions for young padawan. Pick your server name from first combobox (the window with dropdown list) and “Averaged by time of the day” from third. And we were doing fine in our BL (no queue obvoiusly, we don’t have that manpower) as UW had to move some ppl back to their BL and they couldn’t push past south towers

Don’t make me laugh it dosen’t say anything about coverage. So UW moved back some ppl from your border, as you said, somehow form our they didn’t, sounds like they didn’t take advantage of that “epic” battle in bay or just didn’t have that much manpower to capture your “full” border as you complain here.

(edited by Sin.4130)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Don’t make me laugh it dosen’t say anything about coverage. So UW moved back some ppl from your border, as you said, somehow form our they didn’t, sounds like they didn’t take advantage of that “epic” battle in bay or just didn’t have that much manpower to capture your “full” border as you complain here.

This is what Pejot meant. You can see that from 9 am ’till 6 am BT and ROF are quite fairly matched. But from 6 am till 9 am we suddenly lose all our points.
Being an average of 6 days means that we are mostly either with bad players during that time or outnumbered.

Attachments:

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Match-ups

pejot.4806

Okay. Can you pls tell me, how average points, gained at given time of the day

dosen’t say anything about coverage

For me, it is a really good indicator, which server is strong at which time (= has good coverage). If you take a closer look, you might notice, that RoF is on average ticking higher than BT throughout the day, except for the 6am-10am gap. This means, that this time (when you have way bigger tick then we do) is the key to you having 2nd spot, as you have more points total.

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: agnofinitra.6791

agnofinitra.6791

also curious about that, maybe we’ll found out next matchup with a more similair opponent

sounds like they didn’t take advantage of that “epic” battle in bay

if you weren’t there you don’t speak about it with “quotation marks”, isn’t polite to RoF and UW.

Keep it nice and friendly in here guys!

Member of Pain Intended [PI] on Ring of Fire

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krosan.2890

Krosan.2890

By taking back we basically mean UW only had about 50-60 people instead of 80 on our border.
I think nearly every UW guild made an appearance yesterday on our borders and we had a really hard time defending everything. There was a constant UW pressure throughout primetime on our borders.
Not sure what you are trying to prove/accomplish with arguing here?

in Match-ups

Sin.4130

Not sure what you are trying to prove/accomplish with arguing here?

Some of your players complain here that there is a simple reason why you are losing (UW doesn’t fight BT and vice-versa)

Now other guy explains something about coverage with data from the Moon. I’m out, have fun.

(edited by Sin.4130)

in Match-ups

pejot.4806

Well, if data on the website that is using Anet’s API, that was meant to allow 3rd party sites to create various statistics, is for you “data from the Moon”, I have no further questions

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in Match-ups

Sin.4130

If for you coverage = more points, then I can only say -sayonara

Maybe some duels with me will clear something for you, what you think?

(edited by Sin.4130)

in Match-ups

Posted by: LameTerror.4032

LameTerror.4032

If for you coverage = more points, then I can only say -sayonara

Maybe some duels with me will clear something for you, what you think?

Challenge accepted, feel free to pm me ingame

Game Of Elements – Elementalist
WBC – Gunnar’s Hold

in Match-ups

pejot.4806

Of course. If you have better coverage at given time (aka have more ppl) then other server you are obviously going to tick more points (why do you think NA servers have recruitment posts all over the place, looking for EU/SEA players?). It is especially true in hours outside prime time, when you rarely see organized guild raids (which can defeat bigger numbers, so a server with less numbers, but better guilds can hold against the one with more pugs).

Also, I fail to see how a duel would clear something up, but if that is what you need, feel free to /w me ingame

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: xadoom.1782

xadoom.1782

wo! Something like “I can’t argue more if you show me the data so I challenge you to a duel”, like the ancient romantic heroes?

Hot Brioche [HxH]
RoF

in Match-ups

Sin.4130

Of course. If you have better coverage at given time (aka have more ppl) then other server you are obviously going to tick more points (why do you think NA servers have recruitment posts all over the place, looking for EU/SEA players?). It is especially true in hours outside prime time, when you rarely see organized guild raids (which can defeat bigger numbers, so a server with less numbers, but better guilds can hold against the one with more pugs).

Also, I fail to see how a duel would clear something up, but if that is what you need, feel free to /w me ingame

Small skilled group with commander can earn more points than mindless random zerg for example. Of course duel accepted. I thought you would get it without duel;)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krosan.2890

Krosan.2890

Everyone that plays WvW seems to realise better coverage means more points besides you since you seem to be on a quest to prove yourself and choose to be completely oblivious to reality. Good luck with your duels!

in Match-ups

Posted by: agnofinitra.6791

agnofinitra.6791

Did he just want to fight to prove he’s right?
Go Anya! Where and when so I can watch

Member of Pain Intended [PI] on Ring of Fire

in Match-ups

L Step.8659

Yes I want to watch too ^^

We need time and place asap!

Best NA rallybot on EU

in Match-ups

Gwalchgwn.1659

Sin clearly is trying to say that, even without the coverage BT, would beat ROF.
He could be right (though the average scores point out that BT and ROF will probably end up close to each other) but there is no way to be sure if one of the two servers have the advantage with coverage.

Why? ‘Cause BT’s coverage means you have 3-5 hours free points while ROF doesn’t gain any points. So once those small skilled group with commanders of ROF come on again, they have a bigger gap to close. And this happens every day.

Dueling someone gives you absolutely no argument btw.

Ring of Fire

(edited by Gwalchgwn.1659)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bratwa.6582

Bratwa.6582

I have to admit Sin made me smile
At least that is something positive!

[TaG][PunK][II]guildless

in Match-ups

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I wouldn’t want to fight Anya (Pejot) 1v1.

And where is the credit for Warp in that Garrison takedown last night? We were first to the gates and still standing in the circle when it ended!

The fight for Bay was fun too. Who knew that Cap hates doors so much that he will PvDoor from the inside!

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Match-ups

L Step.8659

PvD is more OP than arrow carts on zergs. Cap’s just a visionary.

Best NA rallybot on EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: ArcticRed.3068

ArcticRed.3068

Here you go. go from 29.30.

the point in which hacking occurs. ill be recording all the time from now on. so please, no cheating, it ruins the game

I have never mentioned hacking in any game before and never ever seen it in GW2 until last night. Actually it was 2am this morning in EB, i was roaming when i noticed 3 BT gollems flying and moving faster than my thief.

I didn’t see which guild and they where moving so fast i didn’t have time to video it.

A-net needs to get to grips with this asap.
UW is the third world i have played on, and in all them matchups i have never seen another world blatantly hacking untill this morning with BT.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reidir.6391

Reidir.6391

PvD is more OP than arrow carts on zergs. Cap’s just a visionary.

PvD is fun, especially caping towers in 2-man group or 3-man for keeps.

in Match-ups

Gwalchgwn.1659

Captured SM in less than 5 minutes this evening.
I (thief) was away from keyboard in SM, didn’t even make a point of hiding. Just placed myself somewhere with a nice view of the castle. One of my guildies was a mesmer and died when UW took the castle.

Came back just before I got kicked from inactivity, revived my guildie (twice) and portalled zerg inside …

Was genuinely surprised no UW went to defend SM since 1 UW player saw me reviving my guildie (I had no choice, he found me at the end. Had to hurry and get all the players inside)

Not that it mattered, 10-30 minutes later UW zerged SM and took it back .. was fun nonetheless

Ring of Fire

in Match-ups

Posted by: LameTerror.4032

LameTerror.4032

Captured SM in less than 5 minutes this evening.
I (thief) was away from keyboard in SM, didn’t even make a point of hiding. Just placed myself somewhere with a nice view of the castle. One of my guildies was a mesmer and died when UW took the castle.

Came back just before I got kicked from inactivity, revived my guildie (twice) and portalled zerg inside …

Was genuinely surprised no UW went to defend SM since 1 UW player saw me reviving my guildie (I had no choice, he found me at the end. Had to hurry and get all the players inside)

Not that it mattered, 10-30 minutes later UW zerged SM and took it back .. was fun nonetheless

We had a vote, farm wxp or defend/upgrade. Most ppl wanted to farm.

Game Of Elements – Elementalist
WBC – Gunnar’s Hold