7/6/13: GH-MS-RoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lord Haw Haw.2648

Lord Haw Haw.2648

Ha! Gina was in langor not in dawns!
But i know what you mean.

He found out there was other maps? o.O Who is responsible for this education?

After the last message I got from Gina (<3 Gina by the way) I try to avoid our bl. If Gina is going to the other maps I am doomed :P

Just call me Purple….

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid Storm.8097

Liquid Storm.8097

It isn’t, but killing 7-8 guys trying to do the same from opposite server is.

With a thief fending off upscaled foes? Yawn.

Do you see any thief of GH in that picture? Yeh, neither do I.
That’s just a target, but I do believe there were some of yours as well.

Keep your eyes open and skill up for next time.

All I see in that picture is an upscaled FRS fellow and someone in chat saying about killing 7-8 pugs. Being a D/D ele myself, I can kill several upscaled enemies too with little to no effort, especially if they’re wearing light armor. Bragging here makes no sense since you have a huge advantage over that player from the start.

Staff elementalist @ [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks EU
http://fspsoul.enjin.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Remus.7312

Remus.7312

If anyone would like to duel me just whisper me in game.

Piken Square
Inner Monkey [IM]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reminiscent.7183

Reminiscent.7183

tl;dr: Unwarranted self-importance

For the record, it was a small group, not 7-8.
The main majority of which being under level 40, that’s already a huge advantage for you(heck, one was in his 10s). It wasn’t ‘just’ you there either.
And you’re bragging while using the most generic, cookie-cutter build? A build that takes little effort to kill with?
Try harder.

(edited by Reminiscent.7183)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neil.6138

Neil.6138

Reset night video from Praxium: Mess it Up

Lead: Messyi

Praxium versus Ruins of Surmia, Miller’s Sound, Deus Ex Machina and Menelya. Joined by SOE, FURY and Cry Havoc during the WvW reset. One of Messyi’s first leads.

My PVP videos
Staff Ele Organised WvW Guide
The Frenzied Few [RAGE], Gunnars Hold.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ray.2640

Ray.2640

Praxium versus Ruins of Surmia, Miller’s Sound, Deus Ex Machina and Menelya. Joined by SOE, FURY and Cry Havoc during the WvW reset. One of Messyi’s first leads.

You didn’t include stomping FA in your BL???

First time ever we had more then 3 people in WvW and you didn’t include it? :(
It’s a historical moment! We need video proof!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

First time ever we had more then 3 people in WvW and you didn’t include it?

You guys had a decent sized group. Grats if thats a new thing for you

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ray.2640

Ray.2640

Yea we had about 13 or something, sadly we’re all mostly roamers or PvE heroes so we didn’t stand a chance against you. :D

in Match-ups

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Yea we had about 13 or something, sadly we’re all mostly roamers or PvE heroes so we didn’t stand a chance against you.

Well as someone from a small guild who tries to get mainly pvers into wvw fairly regularly all i can say is top work

Wasnt running with PRXM but i was in the pug group on our bl so fought you a few times

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

First time ever we had more then 3 people in WvW and you didn’t include it?

Sorry Ray!<3 you know how much we love FA<3
Best Surmian guild! You ninjas grabbing that tower!
We need a party this week, yes yes!

S/F Asuran Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jordiboy.2301

Jordiboy.2301

OMG you guys stop having alliance against us. You never touch each others BL this isn’t fair

Nadroj Lionheart
Human Female Guardian
Officer of Excessum [Exss]

(edited by Moderator)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Moturdrn.2837

Moturdrn.2837

OMG YOU GUYS STOP HAVING AN ALLIANCE AGAINST US. YOU NEVER TOUCH EACH OTHERS BL THIS ISNT FAIR

<3

Midnight Mayhem [MM] – Gunnar’s Hold
Visko Bludhaven – Level 80 Human Elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold Server Forum

in Match-ups

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

Some solo-roaming from me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F350_JY_vVo&feature=youtu.be

Sorry for bad quality but can’t be bothered to spend over 5+ hours in uploadning in HD xD

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jordiboy.2301

Jordiboy.2301

WOW thanks Millers sound for killing GH who were attacking Quentin. Do you guys want an alliance?

Nadroj Lionheart
Human Female Guardian
Officer of Excessum [Exss]

(edited by Moderator)

in Match-ups

Posted by: dkarn.6027

dkarn.6027

There is a fifth map where we can find some GH and MS player who play less than 30 peoples ?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

apparently /saluting Millers is an infraction.
So I cannot salut you, but I still really like you guys

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

Congratulations to NOM on a very well-executed portal bomb on those eight people. You killed nearly half of us, despite the difficulty of co-ordinating nearly twenty players all at once. Highly impressive stuff – I think you guys are a real force to be reckoned with!

On the larger matchup, it’s been pretty good so far – pretty even despite the presence of a much more powerful force in the shape of Millers. Sometimes I’ve found some really good fights, sometimes less so, but on the whole it’s been a fun weekend. Here’s to a great week

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

in Match-ups

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

There is a fifth map where we can find some GH and MS player who play less than 30 peoples ?

GH roam on all maps.. we’re just too fast for you!

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

All tears on the RoS-GH-X matchup.

Haven’t played at all during the weekend, but hope you’ve had some good fights!
What I got from few hours of playing, it looks like Miller’s Sound isn’t lacking manpower. Let’s see how things go after weekend

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Match-ups

Jimmy JimBob.2801

MS are 7 ranks higher so you’d expect them to outnumber both servers. I think both RoS and Gunnars have shown so far we’re capable of matching a bigger server and can be happy with the scores this weekend. Anyone can still win this as it stands really.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Suspicious Nija.6790

Suspicious Nija.6790

Right now were under a really heavy focus of both gunnars and millers and i dont think we will be able to achieve a victory simply because we cant always pull out all recources we have, rl goes first.
From our point of view its definetly not an even matchup – we had one last week, but maybe its just that i have a strange definition for equality of all teams actually having close scores to each other which is not the case right now.

Dreamland of Cookies [mmmh]
Never let facts interfere with your opinion.
R.I.P. Liquid World Experience

in Match-ups

Noss.4105

Right now were under a really heavy focus of both gunnars and millers and i dont think we will be able to achieve a victory simply because we cant always pull out all recources we have, rl goes first.
From our point of view its definetly not an even matchup – we had one last week, but maybe its just that i have a strange definition for equality of all teams actually having close scores to each other which is not the case right now.

IMO RoS isn’t really that strong at primetime/weekends. It’s the smaller scale stuff where we usually shine.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Match-ups

Hyung.6140

Don’t think Jim said it was actually an even matchup, just that given the presence of a much higher tier server the fights don’t feel at all uneven – have been going toe-to-toe with both RoS and MS groups all weekend. Don’t want to put words in Jim’s mouth but I think that’s what he was talking about. Obviously after last week for you guys I doubt anything will ever seem close again! ;p

Interesting that you feel focussed, have been feeling the same pressure myself – keep fighting one server only to turn around and find the other hitting us hard elsewhere. Or even directly from behind! Quite like it though, keeps us busy not ever feeling safe on any front as both servers push us hard.

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid Storm.8097

Liquid Storm.8097

Well we obviously don’t stand a chance against Miller’s numbers and we definitely do not like to participate in siege wars (how on earth can some people enjoy camping in towers and manning ACs 24/7 is beyond me), but some fights have been sort of fun. At least neither server’s zergs of 50+ run away from a group of 20 people like they did on Fort Ranik [FR] last week, that was just… lame.

Staff elementalist @ [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks EU
http://fspsoul.enjin.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

“IMO RoS isn’t really that strong at primetime/weekends. It’s the smaller scale stuff where we usually shine.”

hope those doors dont shine back too much .. seems we have to make up for pvd again in primetime.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Match-ups

Posted by: Szarazar.7162

Szarazar.7162

Jimmy JimBob.2801

MS are 7 ranks higher so you’d expect them to outnumber both servers. I think both RoS and Gunnars have shown so far we’re capable of matching a bigger server and can be happy with the scores this weekend. Anyone can still win this as it stands really.

Rank doesn’t represent the “Number of players”.

We just have a quite ok coverage 24/7 so that we are able to make a lot of points at night and that’s it.

If we’d be matched in T2/3 we’d be quite answerless to their 24/7 coverage with HUGE numbers of players.

See you guys on the battlefields!

Fènryl Yávem | Sylvari | Ranger

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyialo.6532

Tyialo.6532

[Mya] says ty to [FIRE] for the GvG yesterday! Hope to see you again on the BL’s!

And hopefully that we all get nice fights this week. Raidtime has started yesterday for us.

Tyialo – Mesmer/Warrior
Guildlead of Menelya[Mya] – Piken Square
www.menelya.com

in Match-ups

Jimmy JimBob.2801

IMO RoS isn’t really that strong at primetime/weekends. It’s the smaller scale stuff where we usually shine.

By “smaller scale” you mean when there’s no enemy right?

in Match-ups

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Rank doesn’t represent the “Number of players”.

We just have a quite ok coverage 24/7 so that we are able to make a lot of points at night and that’s it.

If we’d be matched in T2/3 we’d be quite answerless to their 24/7 coverage with HUGE numbers of players.

See you guys on the battlefields!

Well from what ive taken from the matchup so far millers have the biggeat numbersp. Maybe its a weekend thing and theyll even out in the week though

in Match-ups

Hyung.6140

By “smaller scale” you mean when there’s no enemy right?

http://puu.sh/3co51.png

According to this graph, Surmia outscore us between about 1am and about 8am but otherwise are behind, while we’re even with Millers from around lunchtime onwards.

Of course this may change in the week as our coverage usually weakens, I’d expect that to stretch a bit more into the morning now.

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

in Match-ups

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Well apart from that 1 week when they got all those transfers and we stopped playing for points that has been the case everytime we faced surmia. We dont have the numbers in the day/overnight to compete with them

in Match-ups

Posted by: Donye.8671

Donye.8671

Thanks for the GvG last night FIRE! We learnt so much! Always awesome fighting you guys!

Pink Charr Rar! Proud MM GH Ele

in Match-ups

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

I’d like to thank MM and Mya for some awesome GvG’s last night!
Very good fights indeed, hoping for more fights during the rest of the weeks aswell

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

in Match-ups

Noss.4105

And the “die hard Gunnars” wake up…
@Hyung So, I say RoS isn’t that good at weekends/primetime, and you decide it’s a good idea to link graph from weekend? Logic!

We can’t match most server’s primetime numbers, but we still do fairly well.
Our strenght is good coverage and steady WvW population. That’s it.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cradorell.3941

Cradorell.3941

RiOT had an awesome night in wvw last night on MS bl, with both servers in bay 3 walls down all gates down, was so crazy! Id like to thanks FURY, Mya and VcY who were all inside for the fun, im sorry we lacked numbers to come outside and fight you guys head on, but we do try! <3

Óne Pulse – OP – Raid Leader

in Match-ups

Hyung.6140

@Hyung So, I say RoS isn’t that good at weekends/primetime, and you decide it’s a good idea to link graph from weekend? Logic!

Hi Noss!

I think you misunderstood me – my graph was completely supporting your point, not trying to disprove you at all.

I just happened to see it this morning before I read your post, and thought it was interesting so I shared it. Nothing more than that

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

in Match-ups

Noss.4105

Hi Noss!

I think you misunderstood me – my graph was completely supporting your point, not trying to disprove you at all.

I just happened to see it this morning before I read your post, and thought it was interesting so I shared it. Nothing more than that

Ah, my bad then.
I thought you were trying to prove Jimmy’s “point”, that we’re only good at PvD.

Good “action” at GH BL just now, shame I have to log off

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Match-ups

Hyung.6140

Ah, my bad then.
I thought you were trying to prove Jimmy’s “point”, that we’re only good at PvD.

Good “action” at GH BL just now, shame I have to log off

No worries

Thinking on it further, I guess that you and Jimmy are both right. Your point about having a weaker primetime yet stronger dead-hours ticks means you’re comparatively doing more PvD to stay competitive score-wise, and I guess that’s exactly what the graph shows.

Will be interesting to see how it looks at the end of the week… as you say your population stays fairly consistent so you’re relatively stronger after the weekend.

Have always wished mos would do a rollup graph like that. Was going to code one myself before I found this site – nice to get my stats itch scratched :p

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

in Match-ups

Noss.4105

It may be true that we cap more empty camps and towers than other servers, but you can’t really blame us if you can’t provide defense for your towers and camps. We have lots of very small pug groups that roam around fast, capping camps and towers, or defending them.
It’s really rare that we outman our opponents on other maps than our BL. I often find us outmanned 3/4 of the maps. So, it’s not that we have a huge number advantage outside primetime.

I wish Anet kept track of each server’s numbers in WvW. Would be intresting to see the data.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Match-ups

Steelo.4597

that FRS guild used to cap for us in morning too … its nice to have, but it doesnt reflect your server strengths and roaming puggies have nothing to do with our BL getting capped every day 6 am. they give your server artificial ranking and your primetime gets crushed every day which will kitten people off in the end. been there, done that. FRS guild should go to some server where their morning numbers dont matter instead of fighting their petty war against their former home. looking forward to when Anet implements numbers -> points relation, that will be the end of this mess.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in Match-ups

Hyung.6140

It may be true that we cap more empty camps and towers than other servers, but you can’t really blame us if you can’t provide defense for your towers and camps. We have lots of very small pug groups that roam around fast, capping camps and towers, or defending them.
It’s really rare that we outman our opponents on other maps than our BL. I often find us outmanned 3/4 of the maps. So, it’s not that we have a huge number advantage outside primetime.

I wish Anet kept track of each server’s numbers in WvW. Would be intresting to see the data.

Don’t think anyone’s blaming you for anything – if you have people online overnight and we don’t then it’d be a bit ridiculous for you not to cap our stuff :p

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Umpire.9510

The Umpire.9510

[FRS] is realy pleased to be on Ruins of Surmia so we stay here, Excelllent is on seefarer but he is there alone

why we should go other server? when we where on gunnars hold you also didnt complain about our night/morning capping… Also UW didnt complain about that…

gunnars is full of ego’s and ppl who complain a lot, guess why so many ppl leave gunnars hold?…

SOE,PRXM,Cry havoc they are cool, also sportive players…

i talk sometimes with ppl from that guilds, i know them cuz i played on GH for 6 months +

the weekend is over, RoS always weak in the weekend but the weekend is over

see you in the borders old friends keep it clean….

Raidleader stikkomaniacs
Guild: SFRJ
Server: FSP

in Match-ups

Noss.4105

Don’t think anyone’s blaming you for anything – if you have people online overnight and we don’t then it’d be a bit ridiculous for you not to cap our stuff :p

Except the gentleman above your post.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

when we where on gunnars hold you also didnt complain about our night/morning capping…

Actually wrong. I never wanted Xaoc to join GH and wasn’t happy when we got the boost in PvD players, Made nightime a PvD zerg that map hopped constantly and was overall very boring to play. I never understood why you transfered this far down when it was clear you would only be fighting doors and would leave once we got into a tier where you had actual players to fight.

I’m sure there are people from GH who did want you here, But to say we was all fine with it would be wrong.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

(edited by x Charlie.4820)

in Match-ups

Steelo.4597

and yes i do mind the coverage issues, i was one of the first to complain in the long thread that was locked away somewhere safe by Anet. Should i have told you to kitten off gunnars back in the time? Tbh if i reflect on this question now – yes. But its not even the problem, the problem is that you FRS guys with 2-faced Stikko in the lead focus on gunnars only because you hate us. You can act friendly but i know the truth.. so when you go morning capping you go to gunnars hold borderlands and never anything else. turning this matchup that could be interesting in another war surmia vs gunnar with millers just chilling and farming points. thats whats kitten ing me off, you petty kids with your anger ruining every matchup we got against you.

in Match-ups

Noss.4105

… thats whats kitten ing me off, you petty kids with your anger ruining every matchup we got against you.

Anyone else see the irony?

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Umpire.9510

The Umpire.9510

Actually wrong. I never wanted Xaoc to join GH and wasn’t happy when we got the boost in PvD players, Made nightime a PvD zerg that map hopped constantly and was overall very boring to play. I never understood why you transfered this far down when it was clear you would only be fighting doors and would leave once we got into a tier where you had actual players to fight.

I’m sure there are people from GH who did want you here, But to say we was all fine with it would be wrong.

i joined Xaoc on gunnars hold cuz i am a night player and they played in night, remember i played on GH from launch and i was there till we transfered to RoS i am not a server hopper

and RoS have a awesome nightcapping event i love this server and about Xaoc we are not Xaoc, we are [FRS] we have only a few Xaoc players, we started here with a few ppl… and ppl who play in night they want to be in a night guild, our guild is strong and important in the night deal with it

and crap talking about pvd bla bla, we have awesome fights in the night….

like i said, deal with it and lose some ego stuff on gh, always complaining about the stuff… have fun and play….

and also i dont focus on Gh border i played whole night homeborder to upgrade all our stuff

after we had the border ok again i was on Gh border, you know why? we cant win from millars, we can from gunnars so we focus gunnars…

~ 2 faced stikko

Raidleader stikkomaniacs
Guild: SFRJ
Server: FSP

in Match-ups

Steelo.4597

Try logic, Noss. Why should i have to be not angry? Just because i said FRS were angry with gunnars? Makes sense? No.

in Match-ups

Steelo.4597

bullkitten, stikko, do you even believe yourself? if millers was dangerous in morning they wouldnt sit on their boderland and let you cap ours without doing anything whatsoever, they would either push our bl aswell or push yours… not many other options assuming they dont like to play cards in their garrison lords room. now because of this kitten we have to push your borderland again in the evening to not come out 3rd when we could be in millers testing their power. just boring…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vynt.5218

Vynt.5218

Try logic, Noss. Why should i have to be not angry? Just because i said FRS were angry with gunnars? Makes sense? No.

Stop being such an emokid. Check primetime who’s in our border instead of Miller’s and then whine