8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runamok.9638

Runamok.9638

I sometimes get the impression that ET is seriously broken and has issues that are completely incurable at this point outside ANET having a “special transfer weekend” where it opens up 50 free transfers to the bottom server.

-Plains@HoD

Can you expand on this thought? What part do you consider broken on ET?

i am also curious.

ET has spent several months meeting with a highly unqualified psychotic therapist who has determined the source of all problems are…daddy issues. See ET was abandoned by its daddy while on a WvW bidness trip to T1 many months ago. ET’s daddy found a toothless Asian stripper named FlabbybobSparklesKisses that entranced him into thinking BungholeGate would bring him WvW cyborzsexy good times for eternity. How would anyone ever recover from such madness? Thanks for caring.

-One Angry Motha

Are you saying that Mend transferring servers caused ET’s current problems? Move on bro.

Not at all but I needed to find some way to include your fearful leaders name into this mornings troll. Fish on!! See that post of mine was in no way serious but somehow you found a way to make it so. You mad?

-One Angry Motha

One Angry Brotha — Stafro Elementalist
Once in a While Mediocre Commander
#ETSummer2014BandWagon

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wenrolio.8063

Wenrolio.8063

I sometimes get the impression that ET is seriously broken and has issues that are completely incurable at this point outside ANET having a “special transfer weekend” where it opens up 50 free transfers to the bottom server.

-Plains@HoD

i am also curious.

ET has spent several months meeting with a highly unqualified psychotic therapist who has determined the source of all problems are…daddy issues. See ET was abandoned by its daddy while on a WvW bidness trip to T1 many months ago. ET’s daddy found a toothless Asian stripper named FlabbybobSparklesKisses that entranced him into thinking BungholeGate would bring him WvW cyborzsexy good times for eternity. How would anyone ever recover from such madness? Thanks for caring.

-One Angry Motha

Are you saying that Mend transferring servers caused ET’s current problems? Move on bro.

Not at all but I needed to find some way to include your fearful leaders name into this mornings troll. Fish on!! See that post of mine was in no way serious but somehow you found a way to make it so. You mad?

-One Angry Motha

Nope. Troll on. Have fun this week too.

Asuran -Engineer, Elementalist, Necromancer, Mesmer, and underlevel Ranger

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

-Plains@HoD

i am also curious.

-One Angry Motha

Mend couldn’t even cause a problem even if you tried.

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

rofl. thanks for the morning laugh brotha and roost. <3

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Flappybob.1950

Flappybob.1950

Hey you two, just wanted to call and let you know that Daddy is coming home! Yea, he will be in your BL tonight, careful though he tends to cause problems in whichever bl he shows up in.
See you there <3

Commander Admiral Lord Flappy – [Mend]
Isle of Janthir

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

katz.8376

bring it, kitten

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sentinel.5731

Sentinel.5731

Hey Guys, fun matchup so far.

1 Minor thing, we here in NS typically go by NSP. Not that it really matters, but hey.

Shoutout to the people in ET BL that myself and my necro friend fought yesterday. We were the LGoH tags. The dance party in Gods was the best part for sure. We were blasting music and hoping you would join us. The balista was overkill though, oh well. Stay classy

Otherwise this matchup has been fun. NSP in EB needs to get our stuff together. Too many tags going too many different directions has cost us more than once already. Looking forward to seeing how this week plays out

Morvik Dragonslayer
FF | Nerf

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

katz.8376

1 Minor thing, we here in NS typically go by NSP. Not that it really matters, but hey.

oops. sorry. first time facing you. OP title adjusted accordingly.

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Havvik Nightseeker.3485

Havvik Nightseeker.3485

im getting married by alana blancard and being showered in Puppies tonight

please come

Havvik & Winter forever

p.s im gonna stalk mend while they fight in ET. so ignore the little VSL asura with the kite

[Wake] main driver/GL

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yam.2891

Yam.2891

please come

Havvik & Winter forever

p.s im gonna stalk mend while they fight in ET. so ignore the little VSL asura with the kite

will there be puptreats?

The Lad Guy – aka Mustache Pete
[Trillmatic][SPCA][xmas]

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Havvik Nightseeker.3485

Havvik Nightseeker.3485

please come

Havvik & Winter forever

will there be puptreats?

next to the fountain. under the rock, behind the bush, near the golem

[Wake] main driver/GL

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ruggedeath.6271

Ruggedeath.6271

XzyluM.8342
To the SPCA thief that got downed twice and brought back up by his buddies while three other NSP were trying to gank me, then bragged about me running to spawn when using an evade and blocking me while talking trash, I hope to find you again soon.
________
Ruggedeath.6271:
I think others might like to see the video you said you have. The thief was the only SPCA in WvW and was jumping and playing around with other mobs not his buddies.
But you have failed to mention when you /bow and challenged the thief (which at first seemed honorable) only to run back into your spawn using “rush” and other skills to get away as quickly as possible when the fight was not going in your favor.
ty
_________
There you are. Pretty cool that you are referring to yourself in third person. I never said 4-5 other SPCA were with you. I said there were 4-5 others that were trying to gank me with you. You chased me half way across the map spamming HS and got downed twice. The only reason I even bowed to you in the first place was because the necro was throwing down fear bombs and bringing you back up every time you got downed earlier. And don’t give me that crap about jumping around playing. You were constantly spamming stealth and trying to get a backstab in. I am so sick of thieves crying about “running” away when I use my evades and rush to put up distance while you are spamming BP and HS. Just because I used rush in the direction of my spawn doesn’t mean I was running from you. In fact, I turned around as soon as it ended to engage you again. Nice job blocking me and then messaging me to do more 100 blades. Please spam more BS and HS. And nice try ganking me while I was trying to duel a real thief. You failed on that gank as well. Feel free to message me in game, I’ll love to duel you again and then can cry about “he was running to spawn.” I rarely visit these forums and hardly ever talk smack about anyone, but you asked for it with your trash talk and crying.
(edited August 03, 2013 20:15 by XzyluM.8342)

I didn’t realize when a player /bow to another player all alone that it meant something other than a duel – I guess i’ll work on that…

I find it funny that you made an initial post about this. I had to reply about your inability to 1v1 me when your initial post spoke about something else. I never spoke against your character build. I think that is just being a cry baby instead of just dealing with what people are using. I could just as easily argue and whine about your build and how if your hundred blades didn’t work you simple “rush” away and reset the fight and then go back in again to try another hundred blades on a glass thief.

What I simple was amused by was how you used everything you had to run back towards your spawn when the fight was not going in your favor. And I happened to have just used Thieves Guild which I was saving for about half your health. Nice job.

I suppose the video you threatened me with would speak for itself but of course you wouldn’t dare post that for anyone to see the truth.

Rugged

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hukundu.7628

Hukundu.7628

MEND,
I was the commander in Bay this evening when you came calling in ET. You guys put up a good fight. I hope we met your expectations.

You shouldn’t have left ET’s got some good development going on. We have a ways to go, clearly, but we’re moving in the right direction.

Best,
Hukundu/Tarane

Commander Tarane, Sylvari Elementalist
Facets of Reality (FoR)
Blackgate

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nicholas is Sindo.1960

Nicholas is Sindo.1960

Hey Everyone. Sindo here, just tossing the guild that retook Bay in HoD back form CM a nice job. Didn’t see you guys come up to us that fast and didn’t have time to place stuff down. Still My guildies in CM had Fun and it was a BLAST!

Commander Nicholas Sindo/Ranger/KoR/IoJ

(edited by Nicholas is Sindo.1960)

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

katz.8376

MEND,
I was the commander in Bay this evening when you came calling in ET. You guys put up a good fight. I hope we met your expectations.

You shouldn’t have left ET’s got some good development going on. We have a ways to go, clearly, but we’re moving in the right direction.

Best,
Hukundu/Tarane

good show. +1

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Flappybob.1950

Flappybob.1950

MEND,

Best,
Hukundu/Tarane

good show. +1

Sorry that we couldn’t come back to try some more, I’m sure it would have been some great fights. Unfortunately our entire bl was red, and nobody from other BLs or EB gave a kitten. So we spent all night hunting down camp takers and upgrading everything back.

Commander Admiral Lord Flappy – [Mend]
Isle of Janthir

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

MEND,

Best,
Hukundu/Tarane

Over the weekend I have been very impressed with ET. Your server and commanders are strong despite your numbers. I look forward to the upcoming skirmishes this week.

Salute…

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

-Plains@HoD

i am also curious.

-One Angry Motha

Mend couldn’t even cause a problem even if you tried.

why would mend want to cause a problem when they can just farm the sea of red for hours on end. whos needs CoF P1 when you have the mend farm that people just love to throw themselves into. hate all you want but lootbags are still filled every night.

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Hukundu.7628

MEND,

Best,
Hukundu/Tarane

good show. +1

Sorry that we couldn’t come back to try some more, I’m sure it would have been some great fights. Unfortunately our entire bl was red, and nobody from other BLs or EB gave a kitten. So we spent all night hunting down camp takers and upgrading everything back.

I’ve been there and doubtless will again (probably tomorrow!). The one constant in WvW is the drain on one’s wallet for upgrades…

Facets of Reality (FoR)
Blackgate

(edited by Hukundu.7628)

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

Impressive show of coordination and strength ET. Stronger server then last time we faced by far.

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I know yall missed me, so here’s my pinky mesmer for the first picture of my return.

Attachments:

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: THE Dentist.5960

THE Dentist.5960

Impressive show of coordination and strength ET. Stronger server then last time we faced by far.

Yes and you guys have good numbers as well. Well sieged in your BL and good defense. Hats off to you guys. You are not the low pop, walkover server that I think many may have expected. I also like that all three of us are beating each other up. It’s been a lot of fun so far!

VoxL (NSP)
Doom Strykër [Warr] Doom Ryder [Ranger]
Doomku [Guard] Doom Wrack [Mez]

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Varconi.1804

Varconi.1804

Et doesnt seem to have the issues with numbers that people have complained about I watched a 30+ man zerg on at a time when neither of the other 2 servers had 10 on the map. The ET zerg managed to take 1 tower and 2 camps and then lost them within 10 mins. This ET zerg spent at least 15 mins chasing our 3 man XOXO group around and failing to log any kills and getting us 20 stacks on our sigils. They chose to chase u instead of taking an unguarded Bay.

The more I play against ET the more I realize it isn’t solely a numbers issue. Running from even number fights, chasing small groups with 30 man zergs, and making no effort to use their players in an efficient manner to gain more points.

Your server could have twice its current population and without upgrading the quality of players you will always be bottom bracket server.

XOXO Female Asura Mesmer NSP | Female Sylvari Engineer

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Wenrolio.8063

I think those issues are on all servers Varconi. It seems that it is a matter of proportions. ET has been great from what I have seen this matchup. We ran into a very coordinated IOM (I think that was the tag) group last night that really knew their stuff. Would love to meet up with them again.

NSP as usual has been fun to fight as well. Both servers will really offer a lot for my non-peak roaming/learning adventures.

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Runamok.9638

ET is definitely picking up some very nice momentum. Our NA Prime PST presence has been balls deep this weekend. Lots of people showing up to play consistently and they are getting on community TS and coordinating with our commanders very well. We have some really experienced commanders leading on a nightly basis. Lots of work to be done, but I get lots of good vibes. GO ET, get your boogie on!

I joined Immortals of the Mist [IOM]. Sorry I didn’t get to play with you Flabby in ETBL I was commanding EB at the time. But I did join up with the [IOM] dudes and scored some [MEND] bags for a bit. Lots of others mixed in too. Some fun fights there before I turned into a pumpkin for the night. More open field and less turtle tower OK?

I am the tiniest asura necro, you will have to zoom in to find me to target me. You can /dance after you kill me if you can catch me, I am a slippery little bugger. Even on this slow kitten necro.

#ETSummer2014BandWagon

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

BlazeQ.1095

Well its Monday, Back to work Dang Lotto RNG…

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Wenrolio.8063

Some of us (mend) will definitely open field with you guys; however that really isn’t a core focus of our guild. We tend to pick a place, cap what we can, and then try to hold on to them as long as possible.

Last night I missed ETBL completely and logged on while we were homeland defense. After Flappy logged those of us still online ran into IOM by the sentry at the south camp. It is fair to say they were far more organized and compact than our group. Has IOM made open field a priority over all else? That is, do you cap then mostly go out and try to catch the other guys in transit instead of bunkering in?

Anyway, I’ll keep an eye out for you. I’m also asuran and have been using my mesmer last night and this morning.

Also I really like the fight I had with an nsp thief outside of redlake this morning. And the xoxo mesmer duo around hod garrison this morning. You guys are tough and I had to switch builds to try and compete.

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sarsbear.3469

Sarsbear.3469

Hey friends, this is a little video of me and Purimm finally back together. Now with more bleeds.

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Runamok.9638

Some of us (mend) will definitely open field with you guys; however that really isn’t a core focus of our guild. We tend to pick a place, cap what we can, and then try to hold on to them as long as possible.

Last night I missed ETBL completely and logged on while we were homeland defense. After Flappy logged those of us still online ran into IOM by the sentry at the south camp. It is fair to say they were far more organized and compact than our group. Has IOM made open field a priority over all else? That is, do you cap then mostly go out and try to catch the other guys in transit instead of bunkering in?

Anyway, I’ll keep an eye out for you. I’m also asuran and have been using my mesmer last night and this morning.

Also I really like the fight I had with an nsp thief outside of redlake this morning. And the xoxo mesmer duo around hod garrison this morning. You guys are tough and I had to switch builds to try and compete.

I don’t speak for [IOM]. I pity the guild that would let me speak for them. I am just some random scrub that has just joined the guild. I just know I like open field fighting such as that encounter at the zerguins sentry last night. Especially when you have an organized guild group. However the best way to get fights is to take enemy structures of high value. I don’t feel that open field and PPT have to be mutually exclusive objectives. I like some variety myself. But I know for sure I would be bored out of my mind turtling a tower all night. AC #1, AC#2, AC#3, AC#1, AC#1 followed up by Treb#1, Treb#1, Treb#1 for hours along with escourting dolyaks isn’t my jam. Movement is king in my book. To each their own, everyone has their own playstyle preferences. Except for PAXA, dem PAXA’s, I will forever stand in judgement over thee playstyle preferences, but only because its fun to do so given their zealotry.

#ETSummer2014BandWagon

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Wenrolio.8063

@ Runamok

I hear you. I also don’t speak for Mend. Just my experiences. A mix is definitely great. We only really do organized guild wvw during a few hour window EST. Outside of that we roam, flip camps, run with any other random group, etc.

Having been in an unorganized group with a couple of PAXA before it is a lot easier to understand where they are coming from.

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

Has IOM made open field a priority over all else? That is, do you cap then mostly go out and try to catch the other guys in transit instead of bunkering in?

(disclaimer: I’m not in IoM)

From what I’ve seen, they are the total package. They will cap a location, set up siege, help keep locations while supply builds, start upgrades, fight in open-field, protect the home-land, fight in EB. You name it, they do it. And they’re good at it. They’re also easy to get along with and hang out with in TS. I’ve always felt welcomed with them and I’m not even a member.

They, and guilds like them (big and small alike), are one of the reasons why i think ET is doing better. While our numbers aren’t drastically increasing, we are becoming more coordinated and better using the resources we have. To be fair though, we are getting a few transfers but I think we’re getting even more PvE’ers that are finally wondering what all the WvW fuss is about. I’m working with a new person every other day and answering WvW questions. I also tend to refer non-tagged players to WvW-centric guilds when they show genuine interest.

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azgarn.2145

Azgarn.2145

Et doesnt seem to have the issues with numbers that people have complained about I watched a 30+ man zerg on at a time when neither of the other 2 servers had 10 on the map. The ET zerg managed to take 1 tower and 2 camps and then lost them within 10 mins. This ET zerg spent at least 15 mins chasing our 3 man XOXO group around and failing to log any kills and getting us 20 stacks on our sigils. They chose to chase u instead of taking an unguarded Bay.

The more I play against ET the more I realize it isn’t solely a numbers issue. Running from even number fights, chasing small groups with 30 man zergs, and making no effort to use their players in an efficient manner to gain more points.

Your server could have twice its current population and without upgrading the quality of players you will always be bottom bracket server.

You of all people should realize that it’s really not that difficult to run away from the standard zerg in this game when outfitted with an evasive, indirect-combat build. Heck even against a handful of excellent players, a hard to catch build with a skilled player controlling it can take 5-10m to be killed, if you don’t choose to escape combat all together.

But, I do agree about the skill level of most players. Even with zergs there is a certain amount of skill required to not be just a mass of loot bags running around for people collect. Also a certain amount of common sense to stop chasing 3 people with a zerg when you could be focusing your efforts elsewhere.

Coll Ôhmsford
[IB]
“For a few to be immortal, many must die.”

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Runamok.9638

As it stands right now:

ET +50 Glicko
NSP – 25 Glicko

ET predicted to move up to grand ole rank #22 and NSP predicted to rank down to #17. Things that make you go…..hmmmmmmmmmm…..

If its PPT your after, I think you guys need to step up your game. We are running quite efficiently with what we have. According to Glicko we are handing you your kitten this matchup thus far.

But you are right, we do have many folks who run off chasing stragglers because they smell blood. It is one of my pet peeves when commanding when this happens. Or when attacking a tower, people run off to take a camp without dropping their supply into siege first. Especially when I didn’t even want to take the camp until after a cap…

-One Angry Motha

#ETSummer2014BandWagon

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Sentinel.5731

oops. sorry. first time facing you. OP title adjusted accordingly.

Thanks OP! Way to be classy. I was not even bothered, was more of just making conversation. This has been a fun week.

Morvik Dragonslayer
FF | Nerf

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Sentinel.5731

As it stands right now:

ET +50 Glicko
NSP – 25 Glicko

ET predicted to move up to grand ole rank #22 and NSP predicted to rank down to #17. Things that make you go…..hmmmmmmmmmm…..

If its PPT your after, I think you guys need to step up your game. We are running quite efficiently with what we have. According to Glicko we are handing you your kitten this matchup thus far.

But you are right, we do have many folks who run off chasing stragglers because they smell blood. It is one of my pet peeves when commanding when this happens. Or when attacking a tower, people run off to take a camp without dropping their supply into siege first. Especially when I didn’t even want to take the camp until after a cap…

-One Angry Motha

This week has been… interesting. What I mean by that is we have some New (ish) tags running around who feel like bigshots and are making questionable decisions. I am mostly speaking about EB, for reference. Its okay that people are learning, but the engine is running less smoothly than normal. If i were to give an opinion I would say that one of NSP’s problems is that we have WAY too many tags running around. (i have not even run for my tag for days, as it just adds to the confusion imo)

I do enjoy my server, and i think it could go far in WvW, assuming people stop talking kitten to each other and focus on killing the opponents.

HOD, as always, good fights.
ET, I was surprised by you, some good fights and one Mesmer who handed me my kitten on more than one occasion. Lesson learned. Thank you

Morvik Dragonslayer
FF | Nerf

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

That’s what happens when the majority (not all, ET has some good players) transfer off to servers they feel will help them shine. They don’t want to work for the win, they prefer to join a server that will hand it to them.

Any server can have the numbers for large zergs at least one time period of the day. Keeping those numbers throughout the 24 hr period or even 6 – 8 of those hours is an entirely different thing though which tends to deal break the whole ET keeping what they kill.

When I played alot, I rarely even log now, the morality that would lend to people actually upgrading everything died when we would log in later and find that everything that was upgraded was taken freely without any kind of fight overnight when the numbers dwindled.

You get stuck in the quicksand and sink deeper and deeper, and others who don’t want to get stuck with you move on to a safe location..ie any other server.

From the posts I’ve read over the past months, the people who transfer to ET are looking for a server that has easy to find fights. I don’t think I’ve seen many incoming transfers talk about how they are here to turn it all around and move up.

/frustration

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Runamok.9638

As it stands right now:

ET +50 Glicko
NSP – 25 Glicko

-One Angry Motha

This week has been… interesting. What I mean by that is we have some New (ish) tags running around who feel like bigshots and are making questionable decisions. I am mostly speaking about EB, for reference. Its okay that people are learning, but the engine is running less smoothly than normal. If i were to give an opinion I would say that one of NSP’s problems is that we have WAY too many tags running around. (i have not even run for my tag for days, as it just adds to the confusion imo)

I do enjoy my server, and i think it could go far in WvW, assuming people stop talking kitten to each other and focus on killing the opponents.

ET, I was surprised by you, some good fights and one Mesmer who handed me my kitten on more than one occasion. Lesson learned. Thank you

Multiple tag confusion thankfully has not been a big issue here on ET. We have more of the opposite problem. We sometimes go quite a while during the day EST without any tags on any BL’s. During EST prime its usually the same familiar faces leading the charge. But the few times multiple tags are up you see people in /map getting all riled up.

Running multiple tags can actually be a really great thing, if done properly. Solid inter-commander communication for hitting multiple objectives and also coming together to back each other up. Even better are guild alliances to do the same thing tagless. It could be incredibly effective here because servers in this level aren’t accustomed to having to defend on multiple fronts. Bring 3 15 man teams to a BL with 2 golems/team rushing keeps all at once would prolly net you 2/3 T3 keeps on most nights. But noobmanders aren’t going to be doing any of that bidness. I remember times on SoR where there would be 5 tags running on a BL and that kitten was beastly. Granted much higher pops on SoR. We don’t have no 5 commander full map queue luxury here.

-One Angry Motha

#ETSummer2014BandWagon

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Sentinel.5731

Running multiple tags can actually be a really great thing, if done properly. Solid inter-commander communication for hitting multiple objectives and also coming together to back each other up. Even better are guild alliances to do the same thing tagless. It could be incredibly effective here because servers in this level aren’t accustomed to having to defend on multiple fronts. Bring 3 15 man teams to a BL with 2 golems/team rushing keeps all at once would prolly net you 2/3 T3 keeps on most nights. But noobmanders aren’t going to be doing any of that bidness. I remember times on SoR where there would be 5 tags running on a BL and that kitten was beastly. Granted much higher pops on SoR. We don’t have no 5 commander full map queue luxury here.

Heh, I hear that. Ideally multiple tags can be radical…

But not when they all think that they are Gods gift to WvW. We had a commander tag who told me that “Attacking is more important than defending” (by which he meant that he should smash his face against a t1 Durious instead of defending the t3 Bravost.)

not trying to call anyone out, but if we as a server are ever to really start to excell, that is one thing we need to work on

Morvik Dragonslayer
FF | Nerf

(edited by Sentinel.5731)

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

BlazeQ.1095

As it stands right now:

ET +50 Glicko
NSP – 25 Glicko

-One Angry Motha

I’ve gotten to the point I hate running with my tag on except on reset.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: JamboHammer.4397

JamboHammer.4397

i completely abandoned commanding like 3-4 months ago became a Solo/Duo Roamer

Nsp,Gom,Mag[Yaks Bend] Asura Thief- Chronic Fangs/Asura War- Karcerus/Norn Mes- Karcmerus
Charr Ele- Mack Jack/Human Guardian- Karcian/Human Necro- Karcermancer/
Asura Rev- Kushatronium/Asura Engi- Kushatronic /Sylvari Ranger- Karcushian

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Runamok.9638

But not when they all think that they are Gods gift to WvW. We had a commander tag who told me that “Attacking is more important than defending” (by which he meant that he should smash his face against a t1 Durious instead of defending the t3 Bravost.)

I had a guy(a commander) the other day call me an idiot for not retaking the Dredge before retaking Wildcreek because there was no way to defend Rogues Quarry without the Dredge. Rogues Quarry had to be free from the Dredge menance!

This was a time when I was commanding severely outgunned mid-day EST. So I was scrambling to defend or take back our T1 towers the best I could. All while hoping to offensive ninja some T3 along the way. I got a hearty laugh out of it, but everyone has their own ideas about how to best play WvW. Mine just doesn’t include putting the lockdown on NPC’s. NPC’s > towers for lyphe bro.

Sorry Dredge loving dude!

-One Angry Motha

#ETSummer2014BandWagon

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: shakabusatsu.7431

shakabusatsu.7431

Things got buggy last night in ET around Briar. First was Dolyak, unbuffed moving at top speed running. Second was another dolyak whose avatar and location were at different places (picture attached). Third was a Flame Ram that kept spinning… http://postimg.org/image/5xukohfit/ Ah, the lols. This week has been good challenging fun.

Attachments:

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Hukundu.7628

Things got buggy last night in ET around Briar. First was Dolyak, unbuffed moving at top speed running. Second was another dolyak whose avatar and location were at different places (picture attached). Third was a Flame Ram that kept spinning… http://postimg.org/image/5xukohfit/ Ah, the lols. This week has been good challenging fun.

We give our Dolyaks mesmer training.

The flame ram is great!

Facets of Reality (FoR)
Blackgate

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Runamok.9638

Roamers are a commanders best friend when they actively communicate what they see is going on via /map or TS. But it tough nuts to replace a solid experienced commander.

#ETSummer2014BandWagon

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Hukundu.7628

You know, to be honest, things have been a little buggy in any WvW ET touches ever since the massive 3-way battle for SM castle last week. I think we broke something.

Facets of Reality (FoR)
Blackgate

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: sioux.1653

sioux.1653

I always make a joke that 80% of ET has a commander tag – but no one tags up. We’ve gotten used to it. The players know what to do and do it. The GPS that a commander tag offers is useful for some and a liability for others. My guild likes to ninja things, so we run without tags even though almost every member has one.

As for the other comments about ET improving – Thank you! We have improved! Having a server TS and some leadership has made us all better. Our server gets along with each other, we play and laugh and have a good time. You can tell who is new here because they bring attitude, but over time they mellow. PPT is important to some but you realize that if you want to keep enjoying WvW, especially at the bottom where we are, you have to focus on other things to make it fun.

I’ve enjoyed having new people to face off against and seeing what you all bring to WvW. If you see a princess doll running around with a kite, that’s probably me. I’ll fight you if you want to!

Bluebell Jones – Engineers rule
Riva Lea – Wonder Twin Powers, Activate!
Eredon Terrace

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: sioux.1653

sioux.1653

You know, to be honest, things have been a little buggy in any WvW ET touches ever since the massive 3-way battle for SM castle last week. I think we broke something.

This happened the other night at Bay in HOD (I think). I’m not sure whats happened but yeah…since that night things like this have happened more often.

Attachments:

Bluebell Jones – Engineers rule
Riva Lea – Wonder Twin Powers, Activate!
Eredon Terrace

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Hukundu.7628

My favorite event this week so far: yesterday’s golem rush on the ET garrison. Know how I found out it was about to happen? One of my scouts in the garrison spotted it and the map chat went along these lines:

Scout: “Anyone diving off of the vista at garrison, be careful of the Fergs down there.”

Me: “We’re not playing against Fergs. What do you mean?”

Scout: “Oh, a zerg, then. And careful of a couple of golems swimming by, too.”

Me: “ALL HANDS TO GARRISON”

Clear communication is one of the things we’re working on

Facets of Reality (FoR)
Blackgate

(edited by Hukundu.7628)

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

BlazeQ.1095

As it stands right now:

ET +50 Glicko
NSP – 25 Glicko

-One Angry Motha

Your not going to find a server in the bottom 15 that is also ranked higher than you that will keep you from gaining points. Not without 1 or both servers keeping constant pressure on you. NSP was in the same boat months ago. If you can hold your BL most of the time, and keep your side of EB, nothing is going to stop it. However if both servers decided that they wanted to hold all of your territory and keep constant pressure on you that could change. TBH though neither HoD or NSP has the coverage to do that.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

8/02/13 ET/HoD/NSP

in Match-ups

Hukundu.7628

As it stands right now:

ET +50 Glicko
NSP – 25 Glicko

-One Angry Motha

Your not going to find a server in the bottom 15 that is also ranked higher than you that will keep you from gaining points. Not without 1 or both servers keeping constant pressure on you. NSP was in the same boat months ago. If you can hold your BL most of the time, and keep your side of EB, nothing is going to stop it. However if both servers decided that they wanted to hold all of your territory and keep constant pressure on you that could change. TBH though neither HoD or NSP has the coverage to do that.

I’m pretty sure that most servers would have trouble if both of their opponents worked together to go after them simultaneously.

At any rate, ET has been at #24 for quite a while. If we’re moving up, that’s progress. Even so, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, we have work to do.

Facets of Reality (FoR)
Blackgate