8/2 Fort Aspenwood/Jade Quarry/Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Didn’t know this much whining about a matchup you were never meant to win was possible. Hope MAG gets paired with SoR and BG next week, you’ll love it.

I think we’d prefer any server that has at least trace amounts of skillful players over JQ at this point.

JQ would probably say the same.

All I’ve seen is daily video evidence of JQ blobs of superior numbers getting wiped over and over again by maguuma players, or running to towers/siege from numerically-inferior maguuma small groups.

I wouldn’t be surprised though if its just from JQ’s inability to figure out how to screen capture that is holding them back.

PPT =/= Skill

I know, it’s a new concept for JQ, but it’s also reality.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dont.6985

Dont.6985

Didn’t know this much whining about a matchup you were never meant to win was possible. Hope MAG gets paired with SoR and BG next week, you’ll love it.

I think we’d prefer any server that has at least trace amounts of skillful players over JQ at this point.

All I’ve seen is daily video evidence of JQ blobs of superior numbers getting wiped over and over again by maguuma players, or running to towers/siege from inferior maguuma small groups.

I wouldn’t be surprised though if its just from JQ’s inability to figure out how to screen capture that is holding them back.

PPT =/= Skill

Every server blobs with what they can, every server has roamers, every server has small groups, every server has zergs that run and hide, every server hides behind seige, every server has zergs that wipe constantly back and fourth on all sides.

Quit crying about it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

I hope so too. Maybe the thread will be even better! Maybe the real T1 servers actually GvG!

If your guild is EXCLUSIVELY interested in GVG and no other part of WvW, a week of fighting SoR and BG would quite possibly be the best week you could ever have.

It was mostly a joke. We aren’t exclusively interested in GvG. Though the thread might be pretty good…not sure if it would beat this one, though!

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

If they are complaining about JQ….. I personally can’t wait to snuggle them (mag) tightly… and I know SoR does love a fierce snuggle…..

INC INC INC!

The LOVE asura <3

(edited by CuddleStrike.8215)

in Match-ups

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

All I’ve seen is daily video evidence of JQ blobs of superior numbers getting wiped over and over again by maguuma players, or running to towers/siege from inferior maguuma small groups.

PPT =/= Skill

Every server blobs with what they can, every server has roamers, every server has small groups, every server has zergs that run and hide, every server hides behind seige, every server has zergs that wipe constantly back and fourth on all sides.

Quit crying about it.

Slow down there Socrates, I don’t think the world is ready for your enlightened understanding.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

If your guild is EXCLUSIVELY interested in GVG and no other part of WvW, a week of fighting SoR and BG would quite possibly be the best week you could ever have.

Who said we’re exclusively interested in anything? It’s just nice to find a group of players that want to actually fight you. Do you know how much effort we have to put in to find fights? We tend to either be fighting while outnumbered or watching people run away from us. It gets tiresome. Some weeks the only interesting fights we can get are GvGs.

Example. The only time I’ve seen a full SF group this week was from across the water at west keep. We broke in and were standing on the cliff looking at a keep full of far greater numbers than we had. They were standing on that wall stacking might for a good long while before we got bored and left. Tier 1 tactics. Bore the enemy until he leaves you alone to stroke your huge PPT.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Clockradio.3257

Clockradio.3257

I hope so too. Maybe the thread will be even better! Maybe the real T1 servers actually GvG!

It was mostly a joke. We aren’t exclusively interested in GvG. Though the thread might be pretty good…not sure if it would beat this one, though!

Not sure if you read the T-1 thread typically, but it can get pretty saucy with all the trolls. This week however, the thread is boring. Which is why you see so many visitors in this thread.

EDIT: Benjamin – There are fights in T-1, however if you have too many militia following, you have to be careful about who you choose to fight, otherwise there will be so many rallies that a 30 man could wipe your 70. Not trying to make excuses for anyone, just trying to put perspective on the hesitation to fight open field with a mostly-same-guild force.

Clockradio | [TSYM] | Sanctum of Rall
tsym.enjin.com

(edited by Clockradio.3257)

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

If they are complaining about JQ….. I personally can’t wait to snuggle them (mag) tightly… and I know SoR does love a fierce snuggle…..

INC INC INC!

I would like to be cuddle struck by Aco.

Not sure if you read the T-1 thread typically, but it can get pretty saucy with all the trolls. This week however, the thread is boring. Which is why you see so many visitors in this thread.

Wonder what changed! But no, I don’t read it. Too much to keep up with and I have no vested interest in it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Clockradio.3257

Clockradio.3257

INC INC INC!

I would like to be cuddle struck by Aco.

Wonder what changed! But no, I don’t read it. Too much to keep up with and I have no vested interest in it.

IDK Where ACO is hiding. Still haven’t seen them on SoR… Seen lots of WARD guys kickin it in WvW though.

I usually keep up with the T1 and T2 matchups ever since they made it random… gives me perspective on our possible competition. For you, that would be like 3-4 threads though…

Clockradio | [TSYM] | Sanctum of Rall
tsym.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: zach.1952

zach.1952

All I’ve seen is daily video evidence of JQ blobs of superior numbers getting wiped over and over again by maguuma players, or running to towers/siege from numerically-inferior maguuma small groups.

PPT =/= Skill

Hmm, if Maguuma’s skill is defeating groups with superior numbers, explain to me how they fail to hold on to any one keep for more than a day. Surely when the zergs come they would just wipe them “over and over again” instead of risk the capture…

In fact, from what I’ve seen, it’s been quite the opposite. Might just be the “superior numbers” but your post seems to deem otherwise.

And you’re right, potential points do not reflect skill but effort. The higher it is, the more or (often) less effort it takes to outmatch your enemies. Maguuma was doing so well on Friday, too… coverage gaps, I suppose.

Then again, Jade Quarry is fighting against two T3 servers, not much room to brag or boast, so good luck to both of you. Hopefully we will jump back into the fight with BG/SoR next week. Sure, new servers are fun and all but there is little/no challenge outside of T1 given the differences in coverage and numbers between the servers.

No hate though, I hate hating.

Level 80: ElementalistWarriorThiefGuardianMesmer
Jade Quarry – NA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

Thanks for all the fun tonight on MAG BL from [SG]!

Sorry for that second garrison cap, [PYRO] was hiding in there behind AC’s so we thought we’d just smash them out real quick. Some good fights earlier from the [DERPderpas] and vh (?). The hills 3 way was still super fun.

See ya tomorrow! (RET?!!!!!!!!!!!??)

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

hm this matchup or new content today

i can’t decide

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in Match-ups

Posted by: raoul.4218

raoul.4218

Wow, already over 20 pages and it’s only Tuesday. Last weeks matchup never exceeded 12 pages by reset time and the only thing different this week is Maguuma. Hmmmm….. makes you wonder. All I keep seeing are posts about how skilled the Mag players are when compared to JQ. I must be logging in only when the “B” team is on, which is great otherwise it would cost me a fortune in armor repairs.

Freyja Ernouf
lvl 80 Ranger
JQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

Wow, already over 20 pages and it’s only Tuesday. Last weeks matchup never exceeded 12 pages by reset time and the only thing different this week is Maguuma. Hmmmm….. makes you wonder. All I keep seeing are posts about how skilled the Mag players are when compared to JQ. I must be logging in only when the “B” team is on, which is great otherwise it would cost me a fortune in armor repairs.

Our doors are the B team if you’re playing at this time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Wow, already over 20 pages and it’s only Tuesday. Last weeks matchup never exceeded 12 pages by reset time and the only thing different this week is Maguuma. Hmmmm….. makes you wonder.

Last match up thread with Maguuma only reached 7 pages. Don’t you think it could be a contribution of all servers and even some not in the match up?

Hmm, if Maguuma’s skill is defeating groups with superior numbers, explain to me how they fail to hold on to any one keep for more than a day. Surely when the zergs come they would just wipe them “over and over again” instead of risk the capture…

When we or you say “Maguuma’s skill” it’s about five small guilds on the servers when their numbers are up that can do this. These guilds also do not have 24/7 coverage.

Dunno how a concept like that is difficult to understand.

Oh yeah, T1.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in Match-ups

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

I’ll give 50G to any Jade Quarry player that can beat me Best Of 5 in a 1v1.

Also looking for any 1v1 to 5v5 battles. [DERP] is also looking to GvG any interested guilds in 15v15 or 20v20. Please PM me if interested.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

T1 cranial trauma is pretty severe

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

You really oversell the difference between T1 and the rest of the game. I have fought in T1, I have fought many of the top guilds, all that is different in T1 is the volume of people and the amount of coverage at all time zones.

Quality of play is not improved, in fact it is harder to find the good guilds/players because of all the blobbing trash you have to sift through to get to them.

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

You really oversell the difference between T1 and the rest of the game. I have fought in T1, I have fought many of the top guilds, all that is different in T1 is the volume of people and the amount of coverage at all time zones.

Quality of play is not improved, in fact it is harder to find the good guilds/players because of all the blobbing trash you have to sift through to get to them.

I would also go on to say that the average skill level of players is lower on more populated servers.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Alkyoneus.3917

Alkyoneus.3917

Well played Maguuma garrison, well played

It ain’t hot if it isn’t GoT!

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

lol

Attachments:

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

And again

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: raoul.4218

raoul.4218

It saddens me to read all of the Maguuma posts indicating an inability to demonstrate the superior pvp skill possessed by all members of the server. This is due to the pesky JQ blobs running around taking over towers and keeps and steamrolling the poor individual player simply trying to gank a player attempting to return to the blob. Here at JQ we know we have a problem with always trying to win, and admitting it is the first step.
But fear not Maguuma players, I have stumbled across some information that will allow you and all of the players currently stuck in WvW and hampered by an inablilty to properly pvp (due to those blobs) to finally showcase your talents. Apparently it is called…..are you ready for this….sPVP. Yes that’s right!!! Finally a place where all of you will be able to go and demonstrate to the GW2 community what true pvp skill is without those annoying blobs getting in the way.
You will be able to 1v1 to your hearts content and even garner titles….WOW, could this get any better you say? Why yes Timmy, for a small shipping and handling fee we will also include tPVP at no extra charge.
So I hope this information will help your server finally obtain the respect it truly deserves in the area of pvp, while the rest of us “WIN BY ALL MEANS” addicts try to cope with our little problem of blob performance in trying to win WVW. Hopefully someday we’ll get that monkey off our backs and realize that WvW is not about taking over keeps, towers or camps , but looking for that 1v1 match and the influence it will have towards the final result.

Freyja Ernouf
lvl 80 Ranger
JQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Bad players defend their bad playing.

1/10

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

blah blah winning blah blah no skill

Don’t worry JQ, when you win the tier wars I’ll throw you the biggest party you’ve ever seen.

in Match-ups

Posted by: soupreme.6540

soupreme.6540

so this is what oceanic roaming against jq looks like……… (10:47pm east coast australia)

also, why does jq pride themselves on playing to win, and winning “by all means” yet stay on the bottom of t1.

Attachments:

Maguuma
Guardian – Too Much Salad … Ranger – Salad N (Pet)
[OG] / [VR]

in Match-ups

zastari.1730

It saddens me to read all of the Maguuma posts indicating an inability to demonstrate the superior pvp skill possessed by all members of the server. This is due to the pesky JQ blobs running around taking over towers and keeps and steamrolling the poor individual player simply trying to gank a player attempting to return to the blob. Here at JQ we know we have a problem with always trying to win, and admitting it is the first step.
But fear not Maguuma players, I have stumbled across some information that will allow you and all of the players currently stuck in WvW and hampered by an inablilty to properly pvp (due to those blobs) to finally showcase your talents. Apparently it is called…..are you ready for this….sPVP. Yes that’s right!!! Finally a place where all of you will be able to go and demonstrate to the GW2 community what true pvp skill is without those annoying blobs getting in the way.
You will be able to 1v1 to your hearts content and even garner titles….WOW, could this get any better you say? Why yes Timmy, for a small shipping and handling fee we will also include tPVP at no extra charge.
So I hope this information will help your server finally obtain the respect it truly deserves in the area of pvp, while the rest of us “WIN BY ALL MEANS” addicts try to cope with our little problem of blob performance in trying to win WVW. Hopefully someday we’ll get that monkey off our backs and realize that WvW is not about taking over keeps, towers or camps , but looking for that 1v1 match and the influence it will have towards the final result.

Don’t worry you’ve already won T2 in my heart.

Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

Why do we even bother with matchup threads at this point. ANet should just make one giant generic 100-page parody thread full of quality posts like:

“u blob!”

“no u blob!”

“u not haz r skillz”

“lol pvdoor”

“Here’s a screenshot of an arrow cart exploit!”

“lol blob moar”

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

how good your individual PvP skills are; of which we don’t care about?

Only in GW2 would PvP players not care about their PvP skills.

Maybe you are slow but what I mean is I don’t care how good YOU are to the point when you had to boast it here.

Maybe you are slow, but the “goodness” is being used as a comparative metric between servers.

That’s subjective, isn’t it? Unlike sPvP, coverage matters more in WvW. The scorepoint is evident. Your ‘goodness’ won’t help win this match.

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

The server with the lowest coverage in a matchup ALWAYS talks about how they’re “more skilled, just smaller”.

Seriously, it’s the same every time. JQ does the same when it’s BG/SoR/JQ.

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

Sometimes it’s a defense mechanism, sometimes it’s just to troll. But JQ has already stated how they are more skilled despite numbers fwiw.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

I don’t see much whining, just the normal Mag saying x server sucks and asking for even fights if they deny it. It’s a way to get fights in a videogames. The JQ PvF game is a little too serious!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

JQ group that pulled us to wolves on Mag BL – you should try to not spam laugh, it can be embarrassing when you get wiped 1 minute later.

I’ll respond to this since Wilco is being nice. There were precisely two /laughs and that was because we had what appeared to be equal numbers. You wouldn’t pull out of a just flipped NE supply camp or the entrance to it.

I still believe numbers were the same, and we had around 15 of us with pickups all around. It looked to be about two guilds of you plus some PuGs. Numbers looked very even from my stand point.

We did wipe, but it was a glorious battle away from a choke point that you had defended.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: NeGGY.4127

NeGGY.4127

Yes JQ was on third on tier 1. Jq was nom 1 for about 5 months straight before we got dropped to spot 3. There was no more competition so alot of our guilds went to other servers to help out. All this trash talking about JQ being nom 1 in tier two is clearly that JQ has more coverage and still has alot more players combined then the two. We maybe third in tier 1, and if you are complaining that we have a ton of coverage try going against SOR and BG.

When TC drops back down possibly this week, are you guys going to QQ that they are also going to kitten you week after week. Out of all the match-ups we have had the past three weeks I gotta say TC has been the most competitive following DB. Coverage is coverage if you are QQ about getting wooped in score transfer to a larger server or go PVE… Or at least make it a fun week for yourself and your fellow server mates. I am sure they are tired of hearing the same excuse.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

This patch has ruined my victory song.

RIP #Badges in the Bank

When the zerg rolls in, I get skill lag
Everyone from JQQ just dropped a loot bag
Once the battle is over, I hit F a lot
kitten , now my bank has badges in every slot

#magswag

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

JQ group that pulled us to wolves on Mag BL – you should try to not spam laugh, it can be embarrassing when you get wiped 1 minute later.

I’ll respond to this since Wilco is being nice. There were precisely two /laughs and that was because we had what appeared to be equal numbers. You wouldn’t pull out of a just flipped NE supply camp or the entrance to it.

I still believe numbers were the same, and we had around 15 of us with pickups all around. It looked to be about two guilds of you plus some PuGs. Numbers looked very even from my stand point.

We did wipe, but it was a glorious battle away from a choke point that you had defended.

I still love it when people /laugh only to be wiped later, even if it’s just one person.

in Match-ups

Diehard.1432

The server with the lowest coverage in a matchup ALWAYS talks about how they’re “more skilled, just smaller”.

Seriously, it’s the same every time. JQ does the same when it’s BG/SoR/JQ.

I guess we’ll have to wait until maguuma has more coverage/population than ours so that we can also brag on how we are more skilled than them heh..

[VaL]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

You were on a cliff above us. We moved into the camp to drop north so you didnt drop on us if we went along the cliff up the ramp. We were in the camp for about 10 seconds. You’re being silly if you don’t see why we went through the camp to get north where there was open field instead of walking below you with a cliff between us.

I don’t care if a server laughs, it was just funny to see it and the subsequent fight! I have a screenshot of our exact numbers for the first 6-7 fights, and it was about 28 people from 4-5 guilds. Both sides did have rally bait, yes (you can watch per fection video to see duck quacking about it in /s) but that’s just more reason why I was asking if you wanted to gvg.

Also, like KJ said, this was a gimmick event with the majority of people on alts.

in Match-ups

Xirin.8593

Maybe you are slow but what I mean is I don’t care how good YOU are to the point when you had to boast it here.

Maybe you are slow, but the “goodness” is being used as a comparative metric between servers.

That’s subjective, isn’t it? Unlike sPvP, coverage matters more in WvW. The scorepoint is evident. Your ‘goodness’ won’t help win this match.

Thank you for showing the accuracy of my original response.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

Diehard.1432

Thank you for showing the accuracy of my original response.

Sure

[VaL]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

So let me get this straight, we beat you maguuman with our superior numbers( and we acknowledged that too), and then for some reason you all got kitten for getting rolled over by our zergs, you came here crying about it on the forum and at the same time you bragged on how good your individual PvP skills are; of which we don’t care about? QQ much?

wat

[DERP] – Maguuma

in Match-ups

NeGGY.4127

I wonder what the excuse is going to be when Mag gets matched up with TC and DB. Is it going to be coverage again? Or are they going to claim that they all run in the towers and hide behind arrow carts.

#MagSWAG2013

in Match-ups

zastari.1730

When TC drops back down possibly this week, are you guys going to QQ that they are also going to kitten you week after week.

Fighting TC would be the best thing ever. We got tons of open field fights and GvGs from them. Much better than the tower hugging and sad forum posturing we’re getting from JQ.

TC is the new T1. JQ needs to accept this and get ready for it when their SEA decides to pull a Kaineng.

Maguuma

in Match-ups

Xirin.8593

So let me get this straight, we beat you maguuman with our superior numbers( and we acknowledged that too), and then for some reason you all got kitten for getting rolled over by our zergs, you came here crying about it on the forum and at the same time you bragged on how good your individual PvP skills are; of which we don’t care about? QQ much?

wat

Maybe you’re just slow.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

NeGGY.4127

When TC drops back down possibly this week, are you guys going to QQ that they are also going to kitten you week after week.

Fighting TC would be the best thing ever. We got tons of open field fights and GvGs from them. Much better than the tower hugging and sad forum posturing we’re getting from JQ.

TC is the new T1. JQ needs to accept this and get ready for it when their SEA decides to pull a Kaineng.

Well then if they are the new tier 1 then weeeeeee for us we are running out of cups for your tears.

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

I wonder what the excuse is going to be when Mag gets matched up with TC and DB. Is it going to be coverage again? Or are they going to claim that they all run in the towers and hide behind arrow carts.

#MagSWAG2013

both.

in Match-ups

Diehard.1432

Well then if they are the new tier 1 then weeeeeee for us we are running out of cups for your tears.

Lol

[VaL]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Is JQ going to implode now that they’ve dropped down to T2?

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

What sucks is if they do, all the people posting in this thread from JQ will just bandwagon to another T1 server for their hard-earned victory and there will be nobody left to tease on JQ.

in Match-ups

Diehard.1432

From what I know, our community is stable. Unless someone here tried to spread false rumours according to the rating, JQ is still t1.

[VaL]

(edited by Diehard.1432)