8/2 Underworld vs Arborstone vs Gunnar's Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

I would love to restart this match-up in couple of weeks when all the people are back from holiday. I think the PvE patch, ppl on summer-holiday and the guilds leaving/gaining, made this match-up invalid. I think not only for AS or UW but also GH it must have been annoying not having many resistance when your looking for fights. So I say untill the next time we meet in the new season and lets decide then who really is strongest and who has most coverage! lets do it w/o whining or fighting and lets do it with real actions…

Let me start by saying that in general and even though I hadn’t faced you before in a match-up, I had and still have much sympathy for Underworld. If it had been only up to me back when I started playing GW2, I would have joined your server cause of the Greek presence there. However, I don’t understand why this match should be invalid? Summer and pve content affect all servers, I myself havent been as active this past week due to holidays. I get what you are saying here, I ve read how strong UW has been in other matches, but guilds and people in general come and go from every server almost every week. If next time we meet UW has gained a couple of guilds, GH has lost a few more, and generally inner balances have changed, should we claim then that the match is invalid, just because of our past strength? We can point out the problems each server is facing just like you say and which of course might give a wrong impression for each server’s potential, but going as far as to label a whole match invalid is unfair in my opinion for all the people that tried their best , despite all those temptations outside WvW (pve updates, vacations, sun shining outside your window )

I think he ment that we have a lot more to give than this. PvE patches are really, really bad for our WvW community. Lot of UW people like to do new PvE event, and especially right away when it comes so they don’t miss all the opportunitys to make cash!

So, I don’t really think he ment this match should be invalid or anything like that, more that we could offer a lot more resistance, if it happened to be some other time. For example tonight our home border was pretty much empty when you rolled in and painted it red

Anyways, was fun to fight with ya guys. I suppose I will still see ya tomorrow for a short period before we get new enemies. Maybe even you again! :O

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dzent.2750

Dzent.2750

I really don’t see what all the whining is about tbh, ok yes GH has single handed brought the price of omega golems up on the trading post, but if they want to waste there money then let them.
All i have to say is that i have a lot of respect to GH warriors, i have not seen a single signet warrior all the time i have been fighting you, if only other servers could learn from your warrior then WvWvW would be free from the dirty scum that is signet warriors.
Anyway thanks for the fun fights and hope to see you guys again soon (not too soon maybe after omega’s cost 3g on the TP).
Dee

Dee, charr mesmer at heart
Member of [GuM]
Aurora Glade

in Match-ups

Posted by: RcKelly.9263

RcKelly.9263

Why Art Thou No Love Thy?! …..(Lion)

King Crazy The Black
A Old Lion

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar Yirachi.7162

I really don’t see what all the whining is about tbh, ok yes GH has single handed brought the price of omega golems up on the trading post, but if they want to waste there money then let them.
All i have to say is that i have a lot of respect to GH warriors, i have not seen a single signet warrior all the time i have been fighting you, if only other servers could learn from your warrior then WvWvW would be free from the dirty scum that is signet warriors.
Anyway thanks for the fun fights and hope to see you guys again soon (not too soon maybe after omega’s cost 3g on the TP).
Dee

I have a little black book and I note down the names of every signet warrior I come across so I can burn them in their sleep. Want to have a look?

Apollo Glade [VII]
Ymilia – Elementalist
Shade of Underworld – Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Glog.4275

Glog.4275

My warrior has 2 signets, whats wrong with that?. Meh i dont get it.

Anyway, id rather know wassup with UW being awol all evening and here at midnight you pull 40 something online and stomps everything as most people are going to sleep. Almost every night. Strange stuff man!.

in Match-ups

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

ÄÄ has no sense of humor.. killed me in tonic form twice tonight! even with my kite out! .. I may have been trying to sneakily drop a portal in behind you as you were catapulting Briar though!

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

guys you scared the kitten out of me with that necro group that hit our bordelands tonight, i didnt look very close and thought it was a zerg of 60 and went into panic mode. turned out it was only 15 necros with a kittenload of pets. haha did we laugh when i corrected myself nice event!

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Match-ups

Posted by: CharlieBear.2741

CharlieBear.2741

guys you scared the kitten out of me with that necro group that hit our bordelands tonight, i didnt look very close and thought it was a zerg of 60 and went into panic mode. turned out it was only 15 necros with a kittenload of pets. haha did we laugh when i corrected myself nice event!

hehehe, I loved our necro zerg xD

[TA] necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: Besgal.7582

Besgal.7582

As we’ve noticed in our last matchup, kite-wearing players are a danger to society and have to be removed immediately. Even more so when you happen to look tasty.

Zherros Flux – Asura Engineer
Swords of Underworld – [SWD]
Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vazir.5867

Vazir.5867

Thank you for the small fights this week AS, UW and big boooooh to Anet for letting the scores to keeping ticking while the servers were offline.

Special thanks to the warrior from SWD for the duel, we tried atleast, but with both using healing signet the duel could have kept going on forever

Gunnar’s Hold · Draugur [Drgr] Brimhorn and yes I have a pink quaggan backpack

in Match-ups

Posted by: Samoleth.5012

Samoleth.5012

Trying to arrange some duels tonight on AS BL Windmill, maybe some small scale GvG if you’re willing to.
9 pm gmt+1, cookies for everyone

a random derpling

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vazir.5867

Vazir.5867

Don’t think people will duel on reset

Gunnar’s Hold · Draugur [Drgr] Brimhorn and yes I have a pink quaggan backpack

in Match-ups

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

Dee

I have a little black book and I note down the names of every signet warrior I come across so I can burn them in their sleep. Want to have a look?

I could make book of ignorant non-warrior players who are stuck in the past, but for that I would need big black book.

I can quickly list good signets warriors have: Healing signet, Dolyak signet, Signet of Fury, Signet of Might, Signet of Stamina, Signet of Rage.

Now, for the bad ones: NaN

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in Match-ups

Posted by: iorlas.6721

iorlas.6721

My warrior has 2 signets, whats wrong with that?. Meh i dont get it.

Anyway, id rather know wassup with UW being awol all evening and here at midnight you pull 40 something online and stomps everything as most people are going to sleep. Almost every night. Strange stuff man!.

….but it’s all fine and dandy for you to roll across all maps early in the morning painting them red while everyone else is sleeping, every morning…strange stuff man!

in Match-ups

Posted by: nissart.6195

nissart.6195

Thank you all (RAGE, TEO, WBC, AA between others) for the nice fights we had.

Good job TEO yesterday on EB. There was nothing to do against you.

However we were quite disappointed by Lion who didn’t take any risks… Guys this is just a game, you won’t die for real.. You are quite good, you could do some interesting fights. I still don’t get why you were waiting some times.

Anyway, GL all for the next week.

[RCT] Officer – Arborstone

in Match-ups

Posted by: RcKelly.9263

RcKelly.9263

Haters Gonna Hate! 3Dawg Ouuuuttt!!!!

King Crazy The Black
A Old Lion

in Match-ups

Posted by: nissart.6195

nissart.6195

Nice comment, impressive you deserve your “Pro Troll” title.

In case of you didn’t notice, there was also a compliment in my comment.

[RCT] Officer – Arborstone

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

Nice comment, impressive you deserve your “Pro Troll” title.

In case of you didn’t notice, there was also a compliment in my comment.

Reasoning isn’t his strongest side.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

in Match-ups

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

yep, he is our best and we are happy to have him i loved it when people of our server went like “Lion members trolling EB chat, CBB plz make them stop” and he was like “go report them to anet!”. best man in town, im a fan since we did crusader events shouting “god wills it!” during pvd.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015