That is all.

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

Is every person from VLK a dirty little snob?

Yes, we’re very dirty.

Bow chicka bow wwoowww ;D

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silas Drake.8946

Silas Drake.8946

Bllades is gay <.<.
And I love Winter.
That is all.

O_o

Phorfiet - HoD O|O

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Fun week all and all guys and gals.

Plenty of fights to find with so many people, wish their could have been more for all of us but since ANET doesn’t have the game engine or tech to keep up with all of the WvW demand they roll out PVE goldmines to keep people out of WvW.

(just kidding about ANET, not really but maybe….)

#wvwconsiparaceh2013

Mag Server Leader

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: SuicideByTaco.5408

SuicideByTaco.5408

Been a great week peeps even though we were outnumbered and have lost a lot of our people due to the clockwork event we still pulled through gotta give a shout out to the people from SE the 1v1 duels have been awesome I thank u for those as well as the occasional run in group fighting we have had with u in the BLs while the rest of DH I have given u the nickname of DarkBagness for all the times u tried to kill a 5 man group of HoD and die with ur overwhelming zerg strength ^^ it has been a profitable week for most of us and I hope to see SE or maybe Abyss join the ranks of HoD soon we could really use ur tenacity on the battlefields plz consider this after this weeks events for we have much more to offer than ur current server if not then well it was nice fighting u and wish u luck on ur reset enjoy!! ^^

HoD Ninja Commander
ASTC
Dementess 80 Mesmer/ Payneless 80 guardian/ Nhymphess 80 thief/ Enamoress 80 ele

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Yep. I dove into that kitten storm. lol

Yay, I made another cameo appearance on another server screen capture. The lone Bronze Invader(CA) nearest you.

That was a fun fur-ball. We Stacked as the massive DH zerg circled. Then we engaged. Love your hammer guardian/warriors, DH. I love flying around with little or no effort. But I did get some vengeance of my own.

Great fights, DH.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: JahRo.6432

JahRo.6432

Lmao, just when I thought this thread would be dead all week, page number 4 pops up. Hahaha. I blame Sin. Mo tears DH!

Morn [BFF][VLK]
Maguuma
(Insert other useless !@#$ here)

(edited by JahRo.6432)

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

LOL all i have to say this awesome person

EDIT: To clarify, that Ele can’t hit something unreachable with with Dragon’s Tooth unless special Zooming is in play, or their just dirty little hackers. Not saying she is. But if I had to guess…

we are hackers now!!! too OP!

Yeah, I said it. Problem?

Problem: I was not even using a scepter…..

Problem: I was not even using a scepter…..

Well, it was some ele. But, like I said, I don’t care anymore.

Can’t remember which match it was, but I was getting hit with that while being under/in (whatever you call it) the tunnel of the southeast tower, couldn’t see anyone behind/infront of me, and was getting hit with those. Only thing I could figure was someone up above me, but how could they see/target me? (The thing was always focusing on me, no matter where I moved.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: KyoHanakaze.8145

KyoHanakaze.8145

Is every person from VLK a dirty little snob?

:( No, not really.

Also, Sin, shut the hell up, dude.

HoD/Valkyria Immortalis[VLK]
Iverna//Ranger
Adrienne Stormborn//Elementalist

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Oh theft…. hammer is weakest against Mesmers. especially with staff 2 with it’s super short cooldown, all manner of slows, stealth, roots, Hammer won’t touch you very often…. Mk? In that fight, Hammers’ weakness gave you enough edge, coupled with Mesmers myriad of ridiculous escape tools. But since I wasn’t there, I cannot say what was fair and what wasn’t because without those CD you would be pure jelly.

Except I am not a staff mesmer. I use GS and Sceptre/Focus. As well my mesmer does not have full exotics yet, some of his trinkets are still Masterwork. You should tell your people that if they want to set a trap hiding just behind the wall so that their name plates stick out will not exactly do the trick. As well when you try and flank someone have the flanker go out of visual range before making the move to go around. Using stun lock between two warriors is a pathetic way to try and win a fight. Without that I would have taken them all out! Just saying!

Theftwind (HoD)

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Haze.1523

Haze.1523

Missed Connections:

You were a DH [Abys] Asura Thief ?General?.
We met on an overcast Thursday evening at the island between the two enemy spawn points in your Borderland. It was a duel I cannot begin to forget; sparks flew, black powder was spread across the floor like the night sky, and the beauty of when our blades touched created the stars which made our work of art whole. But it was then, as I came to deliver the final stroke, you popped your Shadow Refuge, and alas, fell out of my sight. Two of your comrades fell on top of me, and forced me into a circumstance in which I had to flee. Forgive me for such an inquiry, but may I have your name, o both wonderful, and brave soul?

[VLK]- HoD – Asura Guardian – Haze

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

Well done HoD, may we meet again someday. I’ll bring the wine, you bring the flowers. Until then, I hope you won’t take offense if we hope to mess around with some other servers for awhile. The player got played. At least hoardes of DH were compensated by their lucrative LS gold farming. I’ll go home to empty pockets and a week of terribad roaming, cue single tear.

Good luck to [mend] and [VLK], two guilds that brought the good fight. Also: next time I’d like a legit fight club night with you guys, our ghetto dueling grounds in the canyon near bay wasn’t exactly optimal. Fewer condi necros and moar Winter, plz and thank you <3

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

can’t enter wvw due to bug! don’t take my stuff!

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

woot i’m freakin happy. i got the tubes in my chest takin out today. ^.^

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

Well, spent something around 6 hours in SF Borderlands today, because the maps closed to new people for some reason. Was fun playing with the same 5 GT against the same 20 or so enemies on the map, between DH/SF. Defended Garrison from several assaults, in the end, I think we had 4 separate walls we repaired to about 5%, and both north gates were repaired up to 30%. Eventually, the map opened back up, and with just two GT still on the map, we made a mistake and a few dozen SF managed to snag it. Good fights, hope to see you guys around soon.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brigg.3961

Brigg.3961

At least you had a bit more fun in SF BL… I was stuck in DH BL by myself taking Bay. Had all camps and guards taken and the two southern towers. Bay’s outer and inner walls down, when luckily reinforcements came once wvw opened back up to help me take the lord. I tell you… trebbing a fully upgraded keep by yourself is not a fun way to kill time.

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80
Dropbear Massacre, Necro Main

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

Oh theft…. hammer is weakest against Mesmers. especially with staff 2 with it’s super short cooldown, all manner of slows, stealth, roots, Hammer won’t touch you very often…. Mk? In that fight, Hammers’ weakness gave you enough edge, coupled with Mesmers myriad of ridiculous escape tools. But since I wasn’t there, I cannot say what was fair and what wasn’t because without those CD you would be pure jelly.

Except I am not a staff mesmer. I use GS and Sceptre/Focus. As well my mesmer does not have full exotics yet, some of his trinkets are still Masterwork. You should tell your people that if they want to set a trap hiding just behind the wall so that their name plates stick out will not exactly do the trick. As well when you try and flank someone have the flanker go out of visual range before making the move to go around. Using stun lock between two warriors is a pathetic way to try and win a fight. Without that I would have taken them all out! Just saying!

Never said you were wearing staff, I said especially Staff. Even without staff, hammer still won’t touch you unless we force you to use CD’s successfully while wading through 100k clones because every action spawns one. :P Also, we fought 3 Mesmers from your server who hid behind all their clones while actually doing no real damage, but merely stealthing and moving around, but it didn’t matter, since we could never stay on them long enough. Talk about pathetic :P just saying.

P.S. Mesmers are the last people who should be complaining about stun lock since it affects them the least, and it is still a kitten strategy with Skullcrack + 100swag combo. Those people are terrible. Hammer itself is all around terrible.

Gates of Madness

(edited by Mepheles.2087)

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: noelle.5619

noelle.5619

Just wanted to say good job HoD! I think you showed Darkhaven what a little siege can do. I mean honestly last night when you took everything and we defended bay most siege I think I have EVER seen in one of our keeps. So Good job Darkhaven. VLK may be seem snobby but thats just cuz some of them used to be Darkhaven’ers and I admit to laughing when I kill you guys as well!! Its all in good fun though. I also laugh when I get killed by you VLK’ers. Hope to fight you guys again soon since it is probably the most fun I have in WvW lately. =D

Kaira Riversong – Human Elementalist
Gotta stomp em [ALL]
Sea of Sorrows

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

Never said you were wearing staff, I said especially Staff. Even without staff, hammer still won’t touch you unless we force you to use CD’s successfully while wading through 100k clones because every action spawns one. :P Also, we fought 3 Mesmers from your server who hid behind all their clones while actually doing no real damage, but merely stealthing and moving around, but it didn’t matter, since we could never stay on them long enough. Talk about pathetic :P just saying.

P.S. Mesmers are the last people who should be complaining about stun lock since it affects them the least, and it is still a kitten strategy with Skullcrack + 100swag combo. Those people are terrible. Hammer itself is all around terrible.

Umm, wat?

Mesmers who don’t have a staff as one of their weapon sets are free kills, even as a hammer warrior. GS mesmers are free kills, no exceptions, full stop. Mesmers running clone health signet that you catch casting any sort of glamour field are also free kills.

Only time where everything generates a clone is 20+ points in precision for dodge roll clone. Scepter main hand gives the impression of clones everywhere because 3rd attack in autoattack chain drops a clone with a ranged attack. Move around a bit and you’ll see the clones still hold still. Scepter/focus+GS is an idealistic PvE combo that expects to be able to stay ranged. Pop Adrenaline Rush and hit the mesmer often with Earthshaker and it’s GG.

Only time a decently tough hammer warrior should have issues facing a mesmer is if the mesmer is running sword/pistol or sword/sword with alternate staff, which usually indicates some sort of shatter build. 99% of statistics are made up on the spot, but 80% of the time, all the shatter mesmers I’ve run into on WvW are bad 100% of the time and lose matchups they should have easily won. Stop holding onto those adrenaline strikes for such a long time if you’re on a hammer and most mesmers melt.

I will agree, though, that mesmers have the least right to complain (they still should, though) about stunlock builds. There’s zero excuse to run anything less than two stun breakers when you have things like Blink, Mirror Images, and Decoy at your disposal (all with ~30s cooldown). If your commander wants you to be a toolbox with 3 glamour fields, you can tell him to kindly stuff it three miles up his. A dead toolbox is useless to the zerg.

Also: DH and HoD, you guys need to sweep towers better… The last 3 nights, I was duo roaming with a thief whenever either of you guys contested a tower. We’d permastealth inside while you guys immediately left without sweeping, letting us take the tower after RI came down. They were all running in mixed groups that were likely disorganized, but there were quite a few [SE], [VLK], [FKB], [BRL], and [Abys] tags that took a tower then immediately waypointed.

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

(edited by silverfire.2547)

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

Mesmers who don’t have a staff as one of their weapon sets are free kills

and a lot of other kitten

Come try to get your free kill, do try.
/beckon
And x/pistol does not equal shatter.

y u bring this misinformation to our matchup thread

Attachments:

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Plains of Ashes.5941

Plains of Ashes.5941

Henge of Denravi – Need to work a bit on keeping their members in line, can give the server a bad name as shown with Sinester up there. This week with what was going on in the forums made me feel that HoD was the CoD server.

Really? no /sarcasm tag?

Oh wait, you were serious. 1 or 2 guys troll on a gamer forum and despite all of the great, thoughtful, insightful posts from all the other HoDers, Hundreds of us are the CoD server. (whatever that means) This is the most blitheringly idiotic thought process I have read in months on the internet and that is saying alot.

Welp, Im sorry you got trolled soooo brutally … it must have broke your moms heart as she had to bear the emotion in your howls as she sponged up the tears you were raining on the floor for what our server did to her precious little girl.

I guess using your logic that DH is the biggest collection of irrationally immature people in all of GW2. But, I dont judge a server by trolls. So instead I really had a good time playing against the great folks on DH and SF. 3 of the 5 more challenging servers down in neither-world of the NA ranking in one match and it was everything i’d expect: hard-fought, back and forth fighting with a nail-biter finish.

Thanks everyone for a fun week and best of luck to everyone in the next matchup!

-Plains@HoD

(edited by Plains of Ashes.5941)

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

Well, time to start back up on my writing. Think i’m going to make a darkhaven news paper to liven up the forums. ^.^

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Plains of Ashes.5941

Plains of Ashes.5941

While Im on I would really like to call out the HoD night crew and the NA morning crew for their great work in helping make this comeback week happen. It was a server-wide effort around the clock for those that chose to fight (often outmanned) while the majority went off to lootfest, but our night-crew and NA morning crew really did a great job!

Thanks guys! /cheers

-Plains@HoD

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

While Im on I would really like to call out the HoD night crew and the NA morning crew for their great work in helping make this comeback week happen. It was a server-wide effort around the clock for those that chose to fight (often outmanned) while the majority went off to lootfest, but our night-crew and NA morning crew really did a great job!

Thanks guys! /cheers

-Plains@HoD

I truly believed that when I retired that I would no longer have to work night shifts. This going to bed at 3 or 4 am is unhealthy! By the time I get up the next day it is almost too late to go fishing…or golfing…or chasing the wife around the house….

Theftwind (HoD)

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

And x/pistol does not equal shatter.

I said sword/pistol, not x/pistol :P

Scepter/pistol is actually quite a fun combo, but is too single-target to belong in a zerg. Being fairly reliant on maintaining distance puts a pretty big asterisk on a small group comp lacking in control effects, too.

Anyway, I was just pointing out that people don’t know when to hit a mesmer and when to laugh at our silly attempts at generating clones and making a big stinking mess of a distraction between important cooldowns. He brought up that mesmers of all classes had the least right to complain about stunlocks, but hammer warriors of all people should have less trouble with clone dump builds as well with real easy access to a gap closing big-hit AoE spell. I spend most of my time playing shatter mesmer and hammer warrior, though, so maybe having so much time logged on both roles helps a bit in knowing how to counter one with the other.

Thanks guys! /cheers

-Plains@HoD

You forgot to also thank SF’s nearly nonexistent night crew and overpopulation of employed players for that easy PPT during those times

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

(edited by silverfire.2547)

8/23 HoD/DH/SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lotus.9746

Lotus.9746

Well done HoD, may we meet again someday. I’ll bring the wine, you bring the flowers. Until then, I hope you won’t take offense if we hope to mess around with some other servers for awhile. The player got played. At least hoardes of DH were compensated by their lucrative LS gold farming. I’ll go home to empty pockets and a week of terribad roaming, cue single tear.

Good luck to [mend] and [VLK], two guilds that brought the good fight. Also: next time I’d like a legit fight club night with you guys, our ghetto dueling grounds in the canyon near bay wasn’t exactly optimal. Fewer condi necros and moar Winter, plz and thank you <3

Mo Duels? Mo Winter? I like you already.

[Ego] Sylvari Ele
Winter