8/23: TC/CD/FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

Nerds calling Nerds Nerds lmao I’m lovin it

What do you expect? FA has to get their self esteem up somehow…

Maybe next reset they will get a rank 12 and rank 15 server or something, maybe they can handle that, maybe, I don’t want to give them to much credit here…

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

(edited by Rama.6439)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mr Whodey.6591

Mr Whodey.6591

Maybe next reset they will get a rank 12 and rank 15 server or something, maybe they can handle that, maybe, I don’t want to give them to much credit here…

Lmao TC’s fairweathers make that server look even worse on the forums then they do in game. Good job man, maybe next week you will be in T1 and then you can go back to pve for the week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Twinbros.5372

Twinbros.5372

Lmao TC’s fairweathers make that server look even worse on the forums then they do in game. Good job man maybe next week you will be in T1 and you can pve for the week.

Fairweathers are a bad thing? shrug And if we are in T1 with SoR/BG your right I will be playing PVE for the week. And then the week after, when were not in Tier 1 I’ll be back in WvW…whats your point?

Tarnished Coast. 80 Elementalist , 80 Ranger, 80 Mesmer, 80 Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

Lmao TC’s fairweathers make that server look even worse on the forums then they do in game. Good job man maybe next week you will be in T1 and you can pve for the week.

Fairweathers are a bad thing? shrug And if we are in T1 with SoR/BG your right I will be playing PVE for the week. And then the week after, when were not in Tier 1 I’ll be back in WvW…whats your point?

I believe his point is if you keep on running when the real deal is in front of you, then you are nothing but a bunch of spineless scrub. No pun intended, no offense intended.

in Match-ups

Mr Whodey.6591

I believe his point is if you keep on running when the real deal is in front of you, then you are nothing but a bunch of spineless scrub. No pun intended, no offense intended.

^^^This

in Match-ups

Twinbros.5372

Then a proud member of the spineless scrub club I am!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kranky.8231

Kranky.8231

I’ve never seen Twinbros in WvW on TC and I don’t really pve. If something smells like a troll and looks like a troll… You know the rest.

Personally I have my fingers crossed for another matchup with JQ, in my view the best T1 server to fight. TC has had far too many matches with servers with less 24/7 coverage than us and a scant few matches with servers with better coverage. We deserve more tough matches.

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Twinbros.5372

I’ve never seen Twinbros in WvW on TC and I don’t really pve. If something smells like a troll and looks like a troll… You know the rest.

Personally I have my fingers crossed for another matchup with JQ, in my view the best T1 server to fight. TC has had far too many matches with servers with less 24/7 coverage than us and a scant few matches with servers with better coverage. We deserve more tough matches.

I’m almost always in TCBL, not really a fan of offensive play in other BL’s and EB has plenty of help, they never need anymore people.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tristam Green.9178

Tristam Green.9178

^^^This

Given you’re agreeing with this, I’m assuming you only see T1 as “the real deal”.

That’s like saying that AAA Minors isn’t real baseball, or ECHL isn’t real hockey.

Treant Reznor (GRD) | Phizixx (ELE) | Peter J Quill (THF) | Ninnymonger (ENG) | Carduus Nox (NEC)

[CERN] When Zergs Collide – Tarnished Coast born n’ bred

in Match-ups

Mr Whodey.6591

^^^This

Given you’re agreeing with this, I’m assuming you only see T1 as “the real deal”.

That’s like saying that AAA Minors isn’t real baseball, or ECHL isn’t real hockey.

I’m sure players in AAA baseball think of the MLB as the real deal.If you recruit to push yourself into T1 then yea that would be the real deal for your server.I personally don’t think T1 is so great, to much ppt play for my liking,reset nights are full of fun fights though. T2 used to be the most balanced and fun tier imo, still have fun fights during NA but that’s about it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

I think TC’s reputation as recruiting to push into T1 is totally uncalled for. TC’s recruiting push to me was more about never losing. Yes, those type of people/guilds transfered to TC. People that want to win but rarely have to matchup with somebody higher ranked with themselves. Those looking for an easier wvw experience.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

I think TC’s reputation as recruiting to push into T1 is totally uncalled for. TC’s recruiting push to me was more about never losing. Yes, those type of people/guilds transfered to TC. People that want to win but rarely have to matchup with somebody higher ranked with themselves. Those looking for an easier wvw experience.

The tears coming from this type of post used to be delicious awhile ago – now they are just stale…

If I wanted to bite, I would say that whatever server your kind self is from is certainly giving us an “easier” wvw experience… but that would be too easy, eh.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

I’ll have to agree with your point. I do hope we’ll get more match up with servers that have wider coverage. Even though we’ll be outnumbered by a lot, but I prefer that than running around for 3 hours just so you can get a 10 min fight.

in Match-ups

kRAVen.4195

The tears coming from this type of post used to be delicious awhile ago – now they are just stale…

If I wanted to bite, I would say that whatever server your kind self is from is certainly giving us an “easier” wvw experience… but that would be too easy, eh.

Every server below you gives you an easier wvw experience. That’s what the recruiting was for. When matched up with servers closer to your population and coverage (T1 servers are closer than T2 servers) those T1 servers get an easier wvw as well.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tristam Green.9178

Tristam Green.9178

Every server below you gives you an easier wvw experience. That’s what the recruiting was for. When matched up with servers closer to your population and coverage (T1 servers are closer than T2 servers) those T1 servers get an easier wvw as well.

That’s just patently false. I’ve seen lower-tier servers put up some surprisingly good fights. It’s all about coverage and commitment to the objective.

Treant Reznor (GRD) | Phizixx (ELE) | Peter J Quill (THF) | Ninnymonger (ENG) | Carduus Nox (NEC)

[CERN] When Zergs Collide – Tarnished Coast born n’ bred

in Match-ups

ykyk.2740

“wvw experience” is such a poorly defined term. What constitutes “easy”? If “easy” means a server can win in ppt then yes, what you say is true by definition. Everyone knows ppt does not reflect anything in-game other than coverage numbers though. Some servers know how to make life hell for the bigger servers even if they know they have no chance in the points game. Some don’t. That could be another meaning of “easy”.

Other than addressing that, I see same old, same old. People who know so much about other servers and their motives, heh?

in Match-ups

kRAVen.4195

It is a poorly defined term. I think you constituted its definition here though.

Definitely the same old same old, though. People from wvw guilds calling out pvx guilds and “winning” server showing little class in game and in forum.

(edited by kRAVen.4195)

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Come to TC!

We have toast, cookies, beer, cake, pie, waffles, pancakes, biscuits and all sorts of nom nomy goodness! And zombies. We gots goodness that has nothing to do with putting it in your mouth, but it’s still SO. MUCH. FUN. Totally no mouthy the zombies.

While you’re here, get into the WvW, or don’t. Whatever floats your boat. Which I think is water. But many asura assure me is actually something called buoyancy. Asura asura me? Meh, never met a boy, or a girl, named Yancy yet. Or yeti.

Some norn look awfully furry. But that’s hair. The furry is the charr.

So, TC, be all you can be. And what you wanna be. To be, not so much with the or not to be bit. WvW, PvE, PvP, PvDoor, XvX but never XXX, nope never no way no howser.

Tarnished Coast. All that.

TC’s recruiting push to me was more about never losing.

I’m not sure we’re playing the same game. If we are, perhaps we are using different scoring systems, yes?

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

(edited by WyldKat.4712)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Actually, when we started facing T1 servers and losing, a lot of the people active were transfer guilds…they didn’t just disappear.
We recruit for the same reason every server recruits…we want to have more people! It’s not about winning, or losing. Some of the people who have transferred have become some of the people I play in game with most!!
Maybe, instead of a saying we recruiting a bunch of people who just want an easy win, you should ask why they didn’t go to your server? TC has never, as far as I’ve known (and I’ve been around TC for a long long time), BOUGHT guilds, nor have we ever offered gold for them to come. Frankly, we wouldn’t really like those people. What happens? Well, people guest to TC to see how it is, and is faced with a really fun, totally diverse population. There’s something for everyone here, with very little judging. We’re a friendly server, and we love to have fun! At least, those are the biggest reasons I’ve heard from people who have transfered here. If they wanted to stack a server to win in T2, they could have gone to any of the T2 servers, but they came to TC, without bribes…well, except bribes of yummy noms!

I for one am so glad TC has gotten all the transfers. There are many fantastic people I have gotten to know from them transfering! Win or lose, it doesn’t matter. However, we have so much fun regardless! (Even during T1 when we were outmatched we were still doing the fun silly stuff!)

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

Okay, Handin made a lot more sense than I did.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lordelel.7105

Lordelel.7105

It is a poorly defined term. I think you constituted its definition here though.

Definitely the same old same old, though. People from wvw guilds calling out pvx guilds and “winning” server showing little class in game and in forum.

I’ll bite. It’s just one guild being called out by the way, not “guilds”. Let’s look at this objectively. Ask yourself a few questions from a neutral point of view.

Why would SEA guilds transfer from a server (CD), pvdooring most of the time in SEA prime during their match-ups and winning those match-ups consistently to another server (TC) that was in match-ups against two servers, (DB) & (Warmachine-KN), which was well-known for their SEA coverage and strength? Certainly not for “easier fights or easier wins”.

Why amongst so many guilds, is only one guild from one server in particular being called out by so many in the forums? If just one or two individuals then ok, maybe just trolls but so many people and guilds calling them out? Why the dislike for said guild? Why is nothing mentioned about other guilds from that server in the forum? What exactly did they do to warrant such dislike? Have you read what that guild has said to others, has been saying about others, has been saying about themselves and their posting in forums? Do you know what other guilds’ and individuals’ experiences are with that guild? Why are so many people leaving that guild? What made them leave? Guilds will always have people joining and leaving but why did so many people leave that guild?

I’ll sign off with this quote and hopefully we’ll never meet each other in a match-up again.

“You can’t see yourself. You know what you look like because of mirrors and photographs, but out there in the world, as you move among your fellow human beings, whether strangers or friends or the most intimate beloveds, your own face is invisible to you. You can see other parts of yourself, arms and legs, hands and feet, shoulders and torso, but only from the front, nothing of the back except the backs of your legs if you twist them into the right position, but not your face, never your face, and in the end – at least as far as others are concerned – your face is who you are, the essential fact of your identity. Passports do not contain pictures of hands and feet. Even you, who have lived inside your body for sixty-four years now, would probably be unable to recognize your foot in an isolated photograph of that foot, not to speak of your ear, or your elbow, or one of your eyes in close-up. All so familiar to you in the context of the whole, but utterly anonymous when taken piece by piece. We are all aliens to ourselves, and if we have any sense of who we are, it is only because we live inside the eyes of others.”

- Paul Auster, Winter Journal

Estaily

(edited by Lordelel.7105)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Come to TC!

We have toast, cookies, beer, cake, pie, waffles, pancakes, biscuits and all sorts of nom nomy goodness!

Errr…

Um….

Better make that had cookies.

/tries to look innocent
/brushes away crumbs

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

No ,just amusing. I bet you guys fist bump a lot and call each other “brah” too.

.. and come charging at TC yelling “do you even lift brah”

… at which point I scratch my head and wonder how they made it up this high in the first place.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

.. and come charging at TC yelling “do you even lift brah”

I’m picturing a valkyrie screaming at her breastplate, “Do you even lift, bra?”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

I’ll bite. It’s just one guild being called out by the way, not “guilds”. Let’s look at this objectively. Ask yourself a few questions from a neutral point of view.

Why would SEA guilds transfer from a server (CD), pvdooring most of the time in SEA prime during their match-ups and winning those match-ups consistently to another server (TC) that was losing consistently over 100k against two servers, (DB) & (Warmachine-KN), which was well-known for their SEA coverage and strength? Certainly not for “easier fights or easier wins”.

Why amongst so many guilds, is only one guild from one server in particular being called out by so many in the forums? If just one or two individuals then ok, maybe just trolls but so many people and guilds calling them out? Why the dislike for said guild? Why is nothing mentioned about other guilds from that server in the forum? What exactly did they do to warrant such dislike? Have you read what that guild has said to others, has been saying about others, has been saying about themselves and their posting in forums? Do you know what other guilds’ and individuals’ experiences are with that guild? Why are so many people leaving that guild? What made them leave? Guilds will always have people joining and leaving but why did so many people leave that guild?

I’ll sign off with this quote and hopefully we’ll never meet each other in a match-up again.

“You can’t see yourself. You know what you look like because of mirrors and photographs, but out there in the world, as you move among your fellow human beings, whether strangers or friends or the most intimate beloveds, your own face is invisible to you. You can see other parts of yourself, arms and legs, hands and feet, shoulders and torso, but only from the front, nothing of the back except the backs of your legs if you twist them into the right position, but not your face, never your face, and in the end – at least as far as others are concerned – your face is who you are, the essential fact of your identity. Passports do not contain pictures of hands and feet. Even you, who have lived inside your body for sixty-four years now, would probably be unable to recognize your foot in an isolated photograph of that foot, not to speak of your ear, or your elbow, or one of your eyes in close-up. All so familiar to you in the context of the whole, but utterly anonymous when taken piece by piece. We are all aliens to ourselves, and if we have any sense of who we are, it is only because we live inside the eyes of others.”

Estaily

Having been on Kaineng and Dragonbrand, I have to say there was no 100k point domination by either of the 2. The biggest difference was during the BG/KN/TC matchups by about 50k. The rest of the 7 weeks we played Kainengs biggest victory was only about a 20k lead over TC down to a few thousand. Yes we had a strong SEA but our NA was lackluster since it was only RISE/RE/CO (usually 2 of us ran 1 map) and the original KN guilds. We constantly lost our borderlands to TC multiple times a week which kept he score so close. Also when DB won, TC wasn’t playing claiming PvE and how they were burnt out. It wasn’t coverage but about NOT showing up.

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

Poor FA valkyrie’s … TC has many pushups for those needing a lift ;-)

in Match-ups

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Lol at the TC shooting mortars at our spawn today (central timezone 12ish). 2 or 3 of us getting shot at by like 5 to 8. If you want to kill us so bad come out and fight, we can dodge those mortars all day long.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Match-ups

kRAVen.4195

Why would SEA guilds transfer from a server (CD), pvdooring most of the time in SEA prime during their match-ups and winning those match-ups consistently to another server (TC) that was losing consistently over 100k against two servers, (DB) & (Warmachine-KN), which was well-known for their SEA coverage and strength? Certainly not for “easier fights or easier wins”.

Estaily

Wow a great quote about how one can’t see or define himself in the end. To bad the whole post above was about negating how some outside your server view your server while trying to define the server that you yourself are on.

As for all the questions, the answers are self evident if you just reread the thread. It starts out with Awe (wvw focus) calling out Kome (pvx focus) and then continues to deteriorate the reputation of Awe from there through bad pvf. Mainly though, yes it is just a couple trolls from that guild.

in Match-ups

Handin.4032

PSA: The Dolyak parade will be TODAY at 7 PM Server Time (10 PM EST)

Mesmer – FURY

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reprusu.2780

Reprusu.2780

Thanks for the fights this morning, TC!

Love, TOFU

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

PSA: The Dolyak parade will be TODAY at 7 PM Server Time (10 PM EST)

Oh good maybe I’ll be able to make it this time!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Lol at the TC shooting mortars at our spawn today (central timezone 12ish). 2 or 3 of us getting shot at by like 5 to 8. If you want to kill us so bad come out and fight, we can dodge those mortars all day long.

Do you even dodge bro? Also, I like that you followed TC’s complaint format and included the time period

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

Tonight … I’m going to roleplay like I’m an FA valkyrie looking for mah bra brah, charging in yelling “do you even lift HOPE?”

Sorry i will miss the dolyak parade tonight, we have a matchup slotted.

Namaste

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

Do you even dodge bro?

OMG, I think Waffler just hit on the best quote ever to describe GW2.

in Match-ups

UrMom.4205

Do you even dodge bro? Also, I like that you followed TC’s complaint format and included the time period

lol yeah i was dodgin like a boss.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

Team Raven [TR](Dead)

in Match-ups

Posted by: couch potato.5129

couch potato.5129

Estaily

I can see you are still obsessed over this guild, do yourself a favor and let all the hate go.
Enjoy the game and stop all this silly drama.

Potato Patch

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

It was very nice of FA to run around our third like that so that everyone could get bags. No bag left behind. ♥

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thorp.7982

Thorp.7982

Any duels tonight?

in Match-ups

Posted by: KamikazKid.4872

KamikazKid.4872

You know what’s funny is a segment of us didn’t push CD this match up, because we didn’t want them to quit the map entirely unfortunately many didn’t get the memo or just didn’t care because they were bored & wanted to PvDoor. We’re sorry about your rotten luck CD, good luck in your next match up personally I’d kill for some good fights personally.

Anzor Anak – Guardian
Kwisatz Haderach – For the Toast!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

You know what’s funny is a segment of us didn’t push CD this match up, because we didn’t want them to quit the map entirely unfortunately many didn’t get the memo or just didn’t care because they were bored & wanted to PvDoor. We’re sorry about your rotten luck CD, good luck in your next match up personally I’d kill for some good fights personally.

That sounds like a very… personal desire.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

GW2 in one word: DODGE!!!

in Match-ups

Handin.4032

PSA: The dolyak parade will start to gather in 50 minutes (7 PM server time) at TCBL, south of the south camp!

Mesmer – FURY

in Match-ups

Posted by: xSwissroll.9820

xSwissroll.9820

As for all the questions, the answers are self evident if you just reread the thread. It starts out with Awe (wvw focus) calling out Kome (pvx focus) and then continues to deteriorate the reputation of Awe from there through bad pvf. Mainly though, yes it is just a couple trolls from that guild.

To me ….It all started with

@TC one of the most boring server to matchup in GW2 I’ll rather its DB/FA, outnumbered us still refuse to fight had to squirrel under superior acs and wait for 100men whist everyone else swap flies away. Guess its a good week to start visiting the Queen.

And just saying … Awe is a PVx focused guild. We only have 15~ wvw actives.
just that someone brought out more ppl from our guild wvw-ing this week

Swisspancake ~ Elementalist
[ZzZz]ZombieCoast
Toastie~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

^ To add. Presence is also a growing guild; so if you think we’re many now it’s because we’ve made new friends and they’ve been running with us.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

ykyk.2740

This has to be among the worst cases of shooting yourself in the foot I’ve seen around these parts, and that really is saying something. I invite you (and anyone who still actually cares about this farce, I’m hoping nobody) to do what you suggested and re-read the thread. Maybe who started what would be made obvious then.

That is unless you subscribe to a non-linear understanding of causality in which posts made in response to a certain guild leader’s remark on an entire server are in fact considered us “calling out” to others. No arguing with that type of logic, sadly.

in Match-ups

UrMom.4205

PSA: The dolyak parade will start to gather in 50 minutes (7 PM server time) at TCBL, south of the south camp!

was my first parade, pretty cool…question though was the parade getting slaughtered by a FA zerg part of the plan?

Team Raven [TR](Dead)

in Match-ups

ykyk.2740

was my first parade, pretty cool…question though was the parade getting slaughtered by a FA zerg part of the plan?

Kinda. It’s like a tradition at this point.

in Match-ups

Handin.4032

Basically. About 6 hours before hand I started contact a bunch of guilds here to get bodyguards, scouts, etc. We knew full well what was going to happen However, we were NOT expect the 70+ Animal Control BLOB that FA spawned from the pit of Yak hell! hahaa! I’ll upload pics later! Great fun!

Mesmer – FURY

in Match-ups

Posted by: JennBabe.9562

JennBabe.9562

Those poor defenseless dolys. The horror. It was a blood bath!

Knights Of Millennium Era – Predator [KoME]
Crystal Desert

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

Kinda. It’s like a tradition at this point.

Yeah, seems like FA can’t kill people if they have weapons in their hands, and if they actually threaten to use them against them then 9-10 times they just run.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…