all 4’11" of me. Rofl.

I feel six feet tall!

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

all 4’11" of me. Rofl.

I feel six feet tall!

It reminds me of when I was 4-6 years old, and wanted a cookie from the cubbard, which was higher than the countertop. So I had to build crazy elaborate steps using the kitchen chairs, phone books, etc. And pull the heist off and have everything returned in the time it took my folks to return from whatever it was that was distracting them at the time.

The moral here? Maybe we need to trade in our siege prints for really HUGE chair prints to scale those walls.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

Sil, for future reference b/c we will be matched up again, keep an eye out for these for sure (there are more): Krew, DR, and LOST. Good luck at re-set all! No matter what is said here, imo this is the most competitive an enjoyable match for us in months.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

GF has always been the best skill group on Ebay.

There are other great groups tho

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dio.2394

Dio.2394

We both you you don’t feel bad for them. ^_~

Never leave your keyboard unattended with Luzano in your house.

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luzano.6983

Luzano.6983

wut

………..

[GF] / [Guam] Alaiii – Jackie Lautchang – Luzano

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

The moral here? Maybe we need to trade in our siege prints for really HUGE chair prints to scale those walls.

Maybe like those ladders you see the orcs using in Lord of the Rings.

Sil, for future reference b/c we will be matched up again, keep an eye out for these for sure (there are more): Krew, DR, and LOST. Good luck at re-set all! No matter what is said here, imo this is the most competitive an enjoyable match for us in months.

Oh goody, more BP. I just saw a group tonight which absolutely refused to fight me with anything less than a 5:1 ratio after they took our bay. I see that sort of thing and it makes me get burnt out on a matchup…

Anyway, reset is really the true show of a server’s ability I think. I’m not sure how BP can consider nightly PvDoor with a huge golem-driven zerg to be competitive, unless you were talking about the smaller groups you fought. Honestly it feels like Ehmry has been lacking in this area also which has made me consider switching servers altogether.

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snow Ghost.6817

Snow Ghost.6817

Epic, fantastically epic tower hugging today from [VP], [LOCO], [AAA], and [HK] from Borlis Pass.

Congratulations, I’m astonished by your lack of individual skill.

Another roamer that cries when people don’t want to play the game the way they want everyone to play.

[VP] is not a roaming guild and has no interest in being in the roamers “scene”. We focus on running a 10-15 man team looking to fight 20+.

We have the same issues in finding fights as we have set up a specific team build which works very well in most circumstances, except when we come up against an organised 40+ man blob, which happens a lot when fighting these 2 servers.

We don’t hunt down roamers, but you guys do like to try and pick off some of us if we just run past you, so, I’m afraid your a target and will be engaged.

Some of our guys do like to roam and are pretty good at it too, but most of us are more focused on taking the occasional tower or keep and fighting forces of similar or larger size.

So if you are in a group of 20+ we are interested in finding you and having a good fight. If you are roaming, we really don’t care what you are doing as long as it doesn’t interfere with us.

Oh and Ebay has it’s fair share of tower huggers too, but we don’t cry about it like you always seem to.

/salute

Iorek
GM of [VP]
Venator Phalanx.

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: KnattyDreads.1856

KnattyDreads.1856

Epic, fantastically epic tower hugging today from [VP], [LOCO], [AAA], and [HK] from Borlis Pass.

Another roamer that cries when people don’t want to play the game the way they want everyone to play.

Justify poor play, lack of skill and cowardice however you like. If this is what you say to yourselves to help you sleep at night I can understand. At least those from [Krew] and [DR] that I have come across in the last (2) weeks will stand and fight, win or lose, and I respect that.

But for those I mentioned, well…

Attachments:

-Emhry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Snow Ghost.6817

Justify poor play, lack of skill and cowardice however you like. If this is what you say to yourselves to help you sleep at night I can understand. At least those from [Krew] and [DR] that I have come across in the last (2) weeks will stand and fight, win or lose, and I respect that.

Did you not read my post or are you just not sufficiently mentally capable to understand it?

Why would someone that has a build geared towards a 10 man team give a relatively easy kill to some bunker or spike build?

Like I said, some of us do roam and they are pretty decent too but most of us don’t.

I am sure that your larger groups know that we don’t run away from fights even when we are greatly outnumbered.

How about you do your roaming thing and camp out on Ruin Island for uplevels to gank and we will do our thing as you clearly have no idea about skill outside of a 1v1 fight.

/salute

Iorek
GM of [VP]
Venator Phalanx.

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

KnattyDreads.1856

Did you not read my post or are you just not sufficiently mentally capable to understand it?

Attachments:

-Emhry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Korav.8462

Korav.8462

Everyone has a different playstyle, which is fine… diversity in playstyles and playing the way you want is fine.

However, most trolling posts are made with in game context that not everyone is aware of, or want to hear. I was involved in several of those fights yesterday and I am certain that others will have different perspectives, however some of the context to this may be relevant.

First, there was limited activity in the zone and we had the outmanned buff the entire duration I was there (~2 hours). Second, there is a call that people are “playing WvW the way it was meant to be played”… however this apparently only applies to structures, as not once would the aforementioned guild members attempt to hold or take supply camps even though they typically out numbered us by a significant margin. This generally means that they would only hide in structures behind seige, and when we were able to force people to react, they were generally killed quite a bit easier than I would suspect… some will say it is their “team” build… but I personally play a team build even when roaming, and frankly if I played as poorly as they did in such builds I would be looking for ways to improve my play drastically or at least look to diversify my play so I didn’t look as though I were playing so poorly.

Now with regards to [VP] specifically, I understand that the individuals may be in your guild and you want to explain what you as a guild prefer playstyle wise, and I respect both aspects. However, to add context in… the two that were there had no problems attacking and trying to kill little ole me 2v1… however as soon as the odds evened, they fled back into either bay or the nearby tower. They both appeared to be skilled players, working together and attempting to coordinate, but as soon as the odds evened and there was the potential to be defeated, they left rather quickly. So if they seemed skillful… but are only willing to fight 2v1 and run once the odds are even… If it smells like a chicken… and acts like a chicken… then it probably IS a chicken. But maybe I am wrong and they had “important” AC manning duties with the 7-8 people in the tower holding off EB’s 3-5 people outside of it.

Guardian
-Ehmry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

nothing.7941

All this whining about other people’s tactics is kinda silly. No rules are being broken, all these play styles are accommodated by the game, and nobody’s a big e-stud because of how they do it. Who cares?

Gaile Gray wrote:

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: AphoticEssance.7592

AphoticEssance.7592

Now with regards to [VP] specifically, I understand that the individuals may be in your guild and you want to explain what you as a guild prefer playstyle wise, and I respect both aspects. However, to add context in… the two that were there had no problems attacking and trying to kill little ole me 2v1… however as soon as the odds evened, they fled back into either bay or the nearby tower. They both appeared to be skilled players, working together and attempting to coordinate, but as soon as the odds evened and there was the potential to be defeated, they left rather quickly. So if they seemed skillful… but are only willing to fight 2v1 and run once the odds are even… If it smells like a chicken… and acts like a chicken… then it probably IS a chicken. But maybe I am wrong and they had “important” AC manning duties with the 7-8 people in the tower holding off EB’s 3-5 people outside of it.

Typically “skilled” players do not call other players cowards. I feel sorry for players who say negative stuff about an entire guild because they were killed in combat.

I run with [VP] all the time and they are anything but cowards. I am sorry that you got killed 2v1 but that happens. There is no reason to rage out and troll a guild.

You died in a fight get over it.

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

@KnattyDreads.1856

Attachments:

All classes

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Snow Ghost.6817

Everyone has a different playstyle, which is fine… diversity in playstyles and playing the way you want is fine.

However, most trolling posts are made with in game context that not everyone is aware of, or want to hear. I was involved in several of those fights yesterday and I am certain that others will have different perspectives, however some of the context to this may be relevant.

First, there was limited activity in the zone and we had the outmanned buff the entire duration I was there (~2 hours). Second, there is a call that people are “playing WvW the way it was meant to be played”… however this apparently only applies to structures, as not once would the aforementioned guild members attempt to hold or take supply camps even though they typically out numbered us by a significant margin. This generally means that they would only hide in structures behind seige, and when we were able to force people to react, they were generally killed quite a bit easier than I would suspect… some will say it is their “team” build… but I personally play a team build even when roaming, and frankly if I played as poorly as they did in such builds I would be looking for ways to improve my play drastically or at least look to diversify my play so I didn’t look as though I were playing so poorly.

Thank you for your reasonable and balanced response. It is unexpected but welcome.

I was not personally there for the encounter that you describe so I have endeavoured to give a clear over view of how we usually play, and our general outlook on which aspects of WvW we are interested in.

When you add in the context, which is different from both sides I might add, I can see your point of view.

“Chicken” I guess if you mean that anyone that runs away while in a fight, even if it is after others add in to the fight, is a “Chicken” then surely you would have to include the recent influx of Run Away warriors that Ebay have started fielding. As I am sure you know, these guys run with those ridiculous skills as soon as their health gets to below 50% and are almost impossible to catch. Sometimes they just break combat till they regain health and CDs and engage again, but surely, these guys, under your criteria, are also as you call them…“Chicken” ?

Also, the 3-5 people you had were roamers? Used to running with each other? The 7-8 guys in the tower were a mix of different guilds? I would say that if it were 3-5 VP in the tower, we would have given you the fair fight you were looking for, but when you can only rely on one other person from your guild, we are talking about a 3-5 against 2 effectively.

Its only my opinion but I know that I am, as I am sure you are, much more confident when going into a fight if you are with your own guild mates rather than people that you have no idea if they can hold their own or not.

/salute

Iorek
GM of [VP]
Venator Phalanx.

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

KnattyDreads.1856

@Art.9820

Touche.

-Emhry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

So who was the commander in BP that said if Yak doesn’t finish third place, he/she will transfer? :P

All classes

(edited by Art.9820)

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

I would guess that he didnt bank on ebay throwing in the “qq why no fight in the open” towel just because they were behind.

You can bet your life on it that ebay wouldnt have given up so easily if they were a couple thousand shy of first place but alas the weather obviously wasn’t fair.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Korav.8462

Typically “skilled” players do not call other players cowards. I feel sorry for players who say negative stuff about an entire guild because they were killed in combat.

I run with [VP] all the time and they are anything but cowards. I am sorry that you got killed 2v1 but that happens. There is no reason to rage out and troll a guild.

First, I can appreciate you defending your guildmates, that is admirable, and I didn’t mean to call out the entire guild, but the warrior and thief that were there yesterday so if that wasn’t clear, then I apologize.

Second, I didn’t die, I fought them toe to toe attempting to kill them, and was likely going to lose when another guildmate of mine showed up making the fight 2v2 and they left. So the thought that I am “upset” about being killed is irrelevant and your analysis therefore invalidated. Again this the context and based on the experience I had with these individual from [VP], I found that they acted in a way that is typically associated with cowardly behavior, but as I said they may have had more important functions to perform “for the realm”.

Guardian
-Ehmry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: AphoticEssance.7592

AphoticEssance.7592

First, I can appreciate you defending your guildmates, that is admirable, and I didn’t mean to call out the entire guild, but the warrior and thief that were there yesterday so if that wasn’t clear, then I apologize.

Second, I didn’t die, I fought them toe to toe attempting to kill them, and was likely going to lose when another guildmate of mine showed up making the fight 2v2 and they left. So the thought that I am “upset” about being killed is irrelevant and your analysis therefore invalidated. Again this the context and based on the experience I had with these individual from [VP], I found that they acted in a way that is typically associated with cowardly behavior, but as I said they may have had more important functions to perform “for the realm”.

Fair enough.

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nak.8315

Nak.8315

I would guess that he didnt bank on ebay throwing in the “qq why no fight in the open” towel just because they were behind.

You can bet your life on it that ebay wouldnt have given up so easily if they were a couple thousand shy of first place but alas the weather obviously wasn’t fair.

Most of us(CoF) could give two kittens less if we were are in 1st or 2nd or 3rd. It has no effect on anything. Rank? Wed prefer if we stay away from the Zergy action of T3+ Servers.

All what matters is decent fighting, and that’s difficult to manage when you have the glob mentality of a T1 Server.

Oh well, at least we can hope that whatever Devon has up his sleeves help shake up the wvw scene.

Nak
Call of Fate[CoF]
Ehmry Bay

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Korav.8462

When you add in the context, which is different from both sides I might add, I can see your point of view.

“Chicken” I guess if you mean that anyone that runs away while in a fight, even if it is after others add in to the fight, is a “Chicken” then surely you would have to include the recent influx of Run Away warriors that Ebay have started fielding. As I am sure you know, these guys run with those ridiculous skills as soon as their health gets to below 50% and are almost impossible to catch. Sometimes they just break combat till they regain health and CDs and engage again, but surely, these guys, under your criteria, are also as you call them…“Chicken” ?

I generally play a Guardian with the vast majority of my playtime, so I admittedly get frustrated with runners at times. However I wouldn’t call any runner a chicken per se, because there is strategy involved in it at times, while as a Guardian there may be times I would like to run, but simply don’t have that level of “escapability”. But again back to my context of 2v1 going working in the favor of the 2… but when a second person comes (so 2 vs 2 guildies) the other two run, that to me seems a bit poor sportsmanship.

Also, the 3-5 people you had were roamers? Used to running with each other? The 7-8 guys in the tower were a mix of different guilds? I would say that if it were 3-5 VP in the tower, we would have given you the fair fight you were looking for, but when you can only rely on one other person from your guild, we are talking about a 3-5 against 2 effectively.

Its only my opinion but I know that I am, as I am sure you are, much more confident when going into a fight if you are with your own guild mates rather than people that you have no idea if they can hold their own or not.

There is no doubt a guild group of roamers vs. a mishmash group should win at even odds, but often it was 1.5 to 2 times our numbers, so I guess it should have been close, but maybe you are right there. In this case it was only 2-3 of my guildmates, but also a few folks that are indeed highly skilled and highly capable that we occasionally group with. Point taken, but I hope that you can see the frustration when people that significantly outnumber you and simply aren’t willing to chance a fight.

Guardian
-Ehmry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

[VP] is not a roaming guild and has no interest in being in the roamers “scene”.

*We focus on running a 10-15 man team looking to fight 20.+*

Huh?

Contradict yourself much?

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: wwfam.2495

wwfam.2495

Pffft. Fair fights are overrated. I always try to target up levels and people that aren’t fighting back.

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elixir.2169

Elixir.2169

[VP] is not a roaming guild and has no interest in being in the roamers “scene”.

*We focus on running a 10-15 man team looking to fight 20.+*

Huh?

Contradict yourself much?

I think you miss understand. He is saying when there are 10-15 VP in a group they look to fight more numbers. Not when there is 2 VP in a group of 10-15 random players.

[vT] Loyaless – Thief
D/D S/D SB

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

just confirming that there are groups on Ehmry who just roam and fight. I could personally care less about most of the objectives.

It sure seems like the server that is losing says this a lot…

Well ya, they have to protect their ego somehow.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: ors.1398

ors.1398

Ignore the trolls guys and just keep raining arrow carts on them.. that’s what I do and I’m having a blast tbh.
Cry me a river roamers lol

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiliaan.1934

Kiliaan.1934

I will say this however, skilled roamers are our own worst enemies in these situations. When a group of 5-10 people push out against half their numbers and get wiped over and over again, the natural evolution will be something like the attached image.

this is a proud group of 10+ bp “defending” their keep from 3-6 roamers with 2 cannons 2 arrow carts and 1 ballista over the course of an hour.

I want to call them cowards, I want to call them kitten tower huggers. Yet, after many failed attempts at leaving the tower and pretty much any person who stepped foot over the edge of that bridge died, siege or no.

Perhaps, they are simply very very wise players for using this play style

Attachments:

Xeviel [GF] – Ehmry Bay

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

I will say this however, skilled roamers are our own worst enemies in these situations. When a group of 5-10 people push out against half their numbers and get wiped over and over again, the natural evolution will be something like the attached image.

this is a proud group of 10+ bp “defending” their keep from 3-6 roamers with 2 cannons 2 arrow carts and 1 ballista over the course of an hour.

I want to call them cowards, I want to call them kitten tower huggers. Yet, after many failed attempts at leaving the tower and pretty much any person who stepped foot over the edge of that bridge died, siege or no.

Thank you for teaching us oh great and wise one. We are humbled in your presence.

It is clear now that your superiority in combat, bravery, and leadership is what causes us to cower in fear of you behind walls and siege weapons, which are still no match for you.

We will surely take this lesson, study it and pass it down to future generations who will sing praises of you.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Uncle Shags.9017

Uncle Shags.9017

Against my better judgment, I’m doing it again…posting on the last day of the matchup in order to call a spade a spade. Here’s a video of yesterday’s tower hugging event that’s sparked some discussion.

Uncle Shags: The Barely Competent

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiliaan.1934

Kiliaan.1934

Thank you for teaching us oh great and wise one. We are humbled in your presence.

It is clear now that your superiority in combat, bravery, and leadership is what causes us to cower in fear of you behind walls and siege weapons, which are still no match for you.

We will surely take this lesson, study it and pass it down to future generations who will sing praises of you.

Such sarcasm after complementing your wise play style, bad form!

edit: And if you really need/want a lesson, look me in game up I am happy to oblige.

Xeviel [GF] – Ehmry Bay

(edited by Kiliaan.1934)

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: wwfam.2495

wwfam.2495

Against my better judgment, I’m doing it again…posting on the last day of the matchup in order to call a spade a spade. Here’s a video of yesterday’s tower hugging event that’s sparked some discussion.

yay im famous!! im in that video!!!

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Don’t encourage them lol!

Must… fill… badge quota… DX

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

edit: And if you really need/want a lesson, look me in game up I am happy to oblige.

Really?

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Snow Ghost.6817

What does this prove?

No-one was disputing that it happened, just the reasons behind it.

Sooo your video really doesn’t bring anything to light or provide further interesting insight.

Not even any good music!

/salute

Iorek
GM of [VP]
Venator Phalanx.

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

Wow, I’ve never seen that on Ebay before, you must be the perfect server!

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Sil.4560

just confirming that there are groups on Ehmry who just roam and fight. I could personally care less about most of the objectives.

It sure seems like the server that is losing says this a lot…

Well ya, they have to protect their ego somehow.

If I really cared about the points, I’d just turn around and list off every consecutive week for months where we dumpstered Borlis Pass again and again and again. I’m not interested in going through the motions of the inane posturing you people do. Servers gain and lose population in general and at different times of day. If you want to spout off garbage while following a brainless nightcapping zerg and pretend that it makes you skillful players, be my guest. I care only about the good fights I have out in the field.

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Dio.2394

US: Hey Japan! Why you have to be cowards hiding in caves bro? Come out and fight like men!

Japan: Hey US, why you have to zerg around all day and use field siege like Hello Kitty comfort girls? GvG 1000 on 1000 with swords to show who really has skillz!

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

The goal of WvW is take and hold towers and keeps. The very nature of how you win means the best strategy is to tower hug. If you are not hugging your towers you are inviting the possibility of losing.

Lets call a spade a spade. Field battles only occur under three circumstances. if the Commander of one side feels he has an overwhelming amount of power and can get easy loot, if the attacking commander has emplaced trebs or catapults on a tower or keep that cannot be countered, or if the two armies blunder into each other.

Given any other choice, the best alternative, especially for a defending server, is to hole up in the tower or keep under threat and deny the enemy the cap. As the towers and keeps are excellent force multiplyers (they make you stronger then you would without them) it is a TERRIBLE commander, and player base, that would not utilize the obvious tactical benefits the tower or keep affords them in preventing the other server getting points. Or loot.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Dio.2394

Meh, show me a video of you outside, scoring a touchdown or driving in some runs and then chatting up a likely lass. Now THAT’S adrenaline.

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Uncle Shags.9017

Uncle Shags.9017

What does this prove?

No-one was disputing that it happened, just the reasons behind it.

Sooo your video really doesn’t bring anything to light or provide further interesting insight.

I guess it proves that some people will continue to think that sieging is the reason we play, despite countless statements to the contrary for months. Which I guess is why we’ll continue to use bait – because we have to, and it works.

Wow, I’ve never seen that on Ebay before, you must be the perfect server!

You’re pretty good at that – making assumptions about other people and putting words in their mouths. It’s called projection. I told you, you might want to see someone about that.

Uncle Shags: The Barely Competent

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

nothing.7941

it proves that some people will continue to think that sieging is the reason we play, despite countless statements to the contrary for months.

Why do WE play again?

If you’re honest you’d admit that all 3 servers play all phases of the game. They zerg, they defend/siege, they open field. Any of us could get that same video from either of the other servers.

Your video shows nothing other than you’re willing to spend a lot of time making a pointless point. Why didn’t you guys just move on when you weren’t getting the fight you wanted? You would have had it somewhere else. Let me guess…all BP tower hug. etc., w/e, go to eternal or YB maybe? C’mon guys, really, you’re better than this, it’s becoming an embarrassment. Just play the game and quit your griping.

Gaile Gray wrote:

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Dio.2394

Anyway, reset is really the true show of a server’s ability I think.

The more correct versions would be:
“Anyway, reset is really the true show of a server’s ability to stay home on a Friday night and play video games I think.”

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: ChrisK.3051

ChrisK.3051

O.o the fight at Bravost just a few mins ago was fun

Guild Leader of Retribution of the Phoenix

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I don’t get why there’s so much arguing going on. This has been one of the most fun matchups we’ve had in awhile. BP and Ebay have both put up great fights, haven’t been bored once while I was in WvW like I am in some matchups. I hope we end up facing you guys again at some point in the future. And despite what some people may think, all 3 sides do have really great roamers. If you just hang by towers all day long looking for duels, you’re looking in the wrong spot. Of course if you fight near a tower, you’re going to find tower huggers. This is true on all sides. Walk around a little geez.

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Sil.4560

The goal of WvW is take and hold towers and keeps. The very nature of how you win means the best strategy is to tower hug. If you are not hugging your towers you are inviting the possibility of losing.

Remind me again how one wandering player is such a huge threat to justify three people fleeing and bunkering down on a wall? I think there’s been one time, late night, where I’ve actually trebbed and taken a tower alone with defenders still inside, and tower hugging obviously didn’t save them. And yes, I /laughed.

Anyway, what I’m saying is that people rely on overwhelming numbers as a crutch, thereby stunting themselves in actual personal skill, which can and will come back to bite them in the kitten when they’re either a) caught alone and/or b) when lolzerg2win fails due to changing game mechanics.

“Anyway, reset is really the true show of a server’s ability to stay home on a Friday night and play video games I think.”

rofl, fair enough. Either way, reset night seems to pit a server’s best abilities against each other more than any other time of week.

[video]

This is coming from the man that when he starts to lose a fight he RUNS! If your going to run then run i’m fine with you running. BUT don’t come back to fight once you heal up. That’s the lowest of the low moves.You sir are the last person to talk!

Some classes have, as a strength, the ability to put distance between themselves and their enemy to refresh. With my warrior build I’m actually able to disengage while healing a good amount of health and at the same time keeping my enemy in combat with conditions. I’ve taken down multiple people using this tactic while alone.

(edited by Sil.4560)

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Wish I could get on right now and fight a bit more before reset. Wont be home for awhile though.

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Snow Ghost.6817

Remind me again how one wandering player is such a huge threat to justify three people fleeing and bunkering down on a wall? I think there’s been one time, late night, where I’ve actually trebbed and taken a tower alone with defenders still inside, and tower hugging obviously didn’t save them. And yes, I /laughed.

Anyway, what I’m saying is that people rely on overwhelming numbers as a crutch, thereby stunting themselves in actual personal skill, which can and will come back to bite them in the kitten when they’re either a) caught alone and/or b) when lolzerg2win fails due to changing game mechanics.

rofl, fair enough. Either way, reset night seems to pit a server’s best abilities against each other more than any other time of week.

[video]

This is coming from the man that when he starts to lose a fight he RUNS! If your going to run then run i’m fine with you running. BUT don’t come back to fight once you heal up. That’s the lowest of the low moves.You sir are the last person to talk!

Some classes have, as a strength, the ability to put distance between themselves and their enemy to refresh. With my warrior build I’m actually able to disengage while healing a good amount of health and at the same time keeping my enemy in combat with conditions. I’ve taken down multiple people using this tactic while alone.

When you RUN away, you effectively reset the fight for yourself as you get out of combat and completely heal up while leaving your opponent with conditions on them.

This is a low move in a 1v1 fight in my opinion. Anyone that breaks combat does not deserve to win that fight.

Bit like getting moa’d

Iorek
GM of [VP]
Venator Phalanx.

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

KnattyDreads.1856

Being moa’d I think is no less of a ‘low’ move in 1v1 than Thief Bros. Being moa’d in 1vX is definitely dirty.

-Emhry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]