8/9 Blackgate/Sanctum of Rall/Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brutus.5732

Brutus.5732

Lets not give JQ any credit or anything. It isn’t all about BG and SoR. JQ is kicking butt. Good job JQ, glad to have you back.

JQ is kicking butt and is the only server that can prevent BG PvDooring SEA for the win.

SOR prevents BG PvDooring EU.

This is the only matchup that BG can lose.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zaix.2480

Zaix.2480

I’d like to know where SAHP NYS HIRE SONG GC + many friends are buying their door tonics from.

Blackgate zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Uh oh, looks like JQ might take #1 spot in NA based on MOS rating!!

It’s great to see an ol’ fashioned 2v1 and tail slapping on a server that gloated for several weeks. Where is DB when you need to steal some juicy ppt?

Kick some butt JQ, tier 2 misses you and wants to see you again soon. If you keep this up we may not get the chance.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

Casual Walk trolling on EB

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Knol.5934

Knol.5934

SOJQ Whahahaha a joke

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

A lot of love for JQ in this thread! I guess you guys missed us that much huh?

I have to admit it… as refreshing as it was to drop down for a couple weeks vacation, it’s nice to be back where it’s on for real. I did learn one thing though… Maguuma can troll the crap out of the forums. Man, they were unreal!

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

SoR spamming laugh after 2v1 our keep makes me a sad panda

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kizzarse.8024

Kizzarse.8024

Well WvWvW in theory sounds good but if this goes on ppl will get bored and turned off with this 2v1 crap. Anet should give the server getting 2v1 a big buff to prevent such things from happening this is an immediate patch needed. Otherwise, the game becomes crap for 1 server.

(edited by Kizzarse.8024)

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

nono, it was /cheer when taking it and the /dance * because we wanted to look cool for Wrex

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

Well WvWvW in theory sounds good but if this goes on ppl will get bored and turned off with this 2v1 crap. Anet should give the server getting 2v1 a big buff to prevent such things from happening this is an immediate patch needed. Otherwise, the game before crap for 1 server.

Get used to it.

Arenanet aren’t going to change the rules just to suit you. WvWvW has been out for a year and the 2v1 is a great way of balancing the matchup.

Normally it’s driven by the need to bring down the strongest server.

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Well WvWvW in theory sounds good but if this goes on ppl will get bored and turned off with this 2v1 crap. Anet should give the server getting 2v1 a big buff to prevent such things from happening this is an immediate patch needed. Otherwise, the game before crap for 1 server.

Nope, not in my book. Working as intended. BGvSoRvJQ is really the only match that is balanced enough to actually play the 2v1 card effectively. BG won 5 straight. It’s natural for the other two servers to change that if they have the ability to do so. Both servers want to knock BG down a notch.

Don’t fret over it. It’s the cycle of the game, and it will pass like it did last time. Be happy that there isn’t one server dominating every single match. That’s the recipe for boredom, not 2v1s.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.5024

Chris.5024

Hi guys, we are hosting a 3v3 tournament this Saturday and Sunday (August 17-18) which is open to all participants. It is a 3v3 deathmatch-style bracket tournament in a spvp custom arena. It is hosted during NA prime time but open to all.

Prizes are as follows:
1st: 40 gold
2nd: 25 gold
3rd: 15 gold

The event will be streamed on twitch with giveaways for the viewers. There will participants from all servers so don’t miss your chance to prove your guild/team is the best in guild wars 2! We will also have a consolation bracket so if you get knocked out early you still have a chance to battle your way back in.

Click here for more information: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/events/BT-3v3-Deathmatch-Tournament-Aug-17-18/first#post2581122

Malose
Black Talons Gaming [BT]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mussolini.3490

Mussolini.3490

Skady, where art thou? I miss you.

Don’t you miss me too Chopps? I’m deeply hurt!

[DI] Divide Et Impera
Jade Quarry
Calígula Severus

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

Out of pure curiosity since I like to keep up with these things, what guilds joined JQ while you were out of “tier 1” and from what servers? Definitely want to know!

Since our last confrontation we lost [ACO] and [WARD] to SoR,
and we gained Zombieland[WvW]

That’s about it, the rest are still the same old guilds you’re facing.

Suuuure [WvW] is a new guild. :P

Anyway, a couple JQ mentioned new guilds (particularly NA timezone) joined. Just wanted a name or two, but I guess trolling is a good enough answer.

ZombieLand runs a WvW tag and a sizeable force they are. We have a few “newish” guilds such as RATS, Noah, etc but these are made up of existing playerbase just running new tags for training and more importantly revigourating the players.

If you think we somehow gained a ton of folks then I am sorry to dissapoint you. Alot of what you see are the same folks or folks coming back. Its quite possible we have got a bunch of small guilds/solo’s recently since we hit full but its difficult to track that and it could just as easily be Anet playing with the caps again

You missed the part where I posted something a little bit after that saying that I confused the [WvW] guild for the [VwV] guild. I forgive you, though!

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Vash.9183

Lets not give JQ any credit or anything. It isn’t all about BG and SoR. JQ is kicking butt. Good job JQ, glad to have you back.

JQ is kicking butt and is the only server that can prevent BG PvDooring SEA for the win.

SOR prevents BG PvDooring EU.

This is the only matchup that BG can lose.

Lol. Once again someone says that BG PvD’s during NYS, HIRE, SAHP, SONG, and GC prime-time. I also just realized that apparently BG is the only one who has the potential to PvD during all timezones, right… enlighten me more? Why would you mention any sort of PvD during EU when it is pertaining to BG?

Actually, you are always mentioning PvD.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Skady, where art thou? I miss you.

Don’t you miss me too Chopps? I’m deeply hurt!

You’re cool and all. Skady is just as competitive as me, she’s a ranger extraordinare, and I miss her.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

I am fairly certain I could bring back a dead matchup thread from 3 months ago… change the title of it, and nobody would even notice because the discussion is exactly the same.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

I am fairly certain I could bring back a dead matchup thread from 3 months ago… change the title of it, and nobody would even notice because the discussion is exactly the same.

Probably any matchup thread since release tbh.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kizzarse.8024

Kizzarse.8024

Nope, not in my book. Working as intended. BGvSoRvJQ is really the only match that is balanced enough to actually play the 2v1 card effectively. BG won 5 straight. It’s natural for the other two servers to change that if they have the ability to do so. Both servers want to knock BG down a notch.

Don’t fret over it. It’s the cycle of the game, and it will pass like it did last time. Be happy that there isn’t one server dominating every single match. That’s the recipe for boredom, not 2v1s.[/quote]

I doubt u have been on the recieving end hence your reply. If this goes on for the entire week. People wont bother showing up for WvWvW anymore. There isnt a level playing field at all when both JQ and SOR only intend is to attack 1 server. So next matchup u get same 3 servers than only SOR and JQ can play with each other, I dont think anyone will show up for BG and waste their time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

Don’t fret over it. It’s the cycle of the game, and it will pass like it did last time. Be happy that there isn’t one server dominating every single match. That’s the recipe for boredom, not 2v1s.

I doubt u have been on the recieving end hence your reply. If this goes on for the entire week. People wont bother showing up for WvWvW anymore. There isnt a level playing field at all when both JQ and SOR only intend is to attack 1 server. So next matchup u get same 3 servers than only SOR and JQ can play with each other, I dont think anyone will show up for BG and waste their time.

The more you complain….the more it will happen.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

Keep up the good fights guys, I think I can speak for all of HzH when I say this. We are really enjoying our time back in T1. Thanks to all the opponents so fair and Ill see the others soon!

/Salute

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

I have to admit it… as refreshing as it was to drop down for a couple weeks vacation, it’s nice to be back where it’s on for real. I did learn one thing though… Maguuma can troll the crap out of the forums. Man, they were unreal!

I cringed a bit to see the Maguuma and DB in the same match up. DB trolls versus Maguuma trolls – WHO WILL WIN THE EPIC BATTLE?

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: PoweredByRice.3517

PoweredByRice.3517

#MagSwag NA#1 Troll Server

I cringed a bit to see the Maguuma and DB in the same match up. DB trolls versus Maguuma trolls – WHO WILL WIN THE EPIC BATTLE?

Jay Que

in Match-ups

Posted by: AnAltruisticEgoist.5476

AnAltruisticEgoist.5476

[/quote]

…. he belongs to MERC …
So yuh, he IS on the receiving end.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

Its so kitten great to finally have something else than Iron only to fight in EU time. I dont know where all these people came from on SoR, but you are very much welcome !
Having SoR forces to fight on all 4 maps in EU time is just plain awesome. The hard part is to pick where to go now I hope you guys will keep on bringing it.

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

Its an illusion smokee! Its IRON with different tags fighting you

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

[/quote]

the person u quoted is FROM ur server BG.

Also any server at the top has the 2v1 happen to them at some point, it happened to JQ when they were on top, and it also happened to SOR

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Vash.9183

Lol. Once again someone says that BG PvD’s during NYS, HIRE, SAHP, SONG, and GC prime-time. I also just realized that apparently BG is the only one who has the potential to PvD during all timezones, right… enlighten me more? Why would you mention any sort of PvD during EU when it is pertaining to BG?

You don’t maintain >400ppt if there are people to contest you. Do you really think NYS, HIRE, SAHP, SONG, and GC match you in numbers, or even come close, and you still maintain that ppt advantage over them?

PvDoor is how you won. Go check the history and your lead is from off hours, you lose the rest. The BG in this thread talking about SOR not showing up is hilarious, outside of SEA and the training week SOR > BG. BG is the only server that doesn’t have a big (for T1) coverage gap.

I mentioned EU because BG will PvDoor EU against any server other than SOR (e.g. JQ).

Yeah, okay. SAHP, SONG, and NYS run big numbers. This is coming from someone who has been fighting your SEA for months. We normally did not hit that high of ppt during SEA until a couple weeks ago when your SEA started showing up less. If you log on any time during this week, you will see that they are out in full force.

No need to sit in denial so strongly. Just log in. This is not the first time that BG, SoR, and JQ have been matched up. Nothing is new. BG won against SoR and JQ in the same match-up before. Not trying to say much of anything with that last sentence, but just trying to point out that you are making this out to be a match that has never happened before. lol

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

(edited by Vash.9183)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

What happened to all the love!?

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

You don’t maintain >400ppt if there are people to contest you. Do you really think NYS, HIRE, SAHP, SONG, and GC match you in numbers, or even come close, and you still maintain that ppt advantage over them?

PvDoor is how you won. Go check the history and your lead is from off hours, you lose the rest. The BG in this thread talking about SOR not showing up is hilarious, outside of SEA and the training week SOR > BG. BG is the only server that doesn’t have a big (for T1) coverage gap.

I mentioned EU because BG will PvDoor EU against any server other than SOR (e.g. JQ).

Yeah, okay. SAHP, SONG, and NYS run big numbers. This is coming from someone who has been fighting your SEA for months. We normally did not hit that high of ppt during SEA until a couple weeks ago when your SEA started showing up less. If you log on any time during this week, you will see that they are out in full force.

No need to sit in denial so strongly. Just log in.

Make no mistake, SOR needs the help of JQ’s SEA coverage (Waha) to help keep BG’s massive blobbing 1 million man army SEA zerg in check.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kyro.8162

kyro.8162

This is what I’ve been gathering so far. I haven’t ever played in SEA time, so I may be wrong. BG’s sea force isn’t that huge, like SoR, they too have to bounce maps. The only difference is that when the BG sea force does bounce maps, they still have militia on the BL with no idea they did. Meaning every bl has a sizable force (in sea terms). SoR on the other hand doesn’t have that luxury. They have comparable number when it comes to a clash, but that’s just it.

Lets just say BL1 has 20 bg militia, BL2 has 10, BL 3 has 15, EB is pug central, dont worry about that. Then you have the MERC force, along with WM, MEOW, etc right? MERC isn’t HUGE to they point they can cap a bl by themselves, but when their forces move, say into BL1, they will be near map cap, or hit it. And once they are there, the 20 who were doing whatever will join them. This forces SoR to move to BL1 to defend or counter it.

Once SoR’s organized force moves, only a few scouts and roamers are left to defend that BL, while BG still has a sizable force. And the place the SoR force moves to will be defended by those BG still in that BL, giving more time for the BG organized force to react. While SoR has to react almost immediately and take multiple losses.

Now this is just a theory, so take it with a grain of salt.

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]
Guardian/Ele/Warrior/Engi/Mes/Necro/Ranger

(edited by kyro.8162)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure.8412

Azure.8412

No need to sit in denial so strongly. Just log in. This is not the first time that BG, SoR, and JQ have been matched up. Nothing is new. BG won against SoR and JQ in the same match-up before. Not trying to say much of anything with that last sentence, but just trying to point out that you are making this out to be a match that has never happened before. lol

How big is big for you? I’ve been in SoR for a long time, and I can assure you they turn up all the time. NYS is just usually GvGing, and these guilds usually work together in 1 borderland. You might not have noticed them.

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Robot Chocken.7012

Robot Chocken.7012

The thing that confuses me the most during NA. Other than their own border BG only pushes in JQ BL. I do not recall us taking your garrison and waypointing it. Haven’t really made sense of those tactics. Is BG afraid to push in SoR BL?

Wok, Master Asura of [QT]

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

The fact that you can fit every SoR SEA guild into one map goes to show they aren’t that big individually as guilds.

They just work very very well together. SoR SEA is like the marines(small and elite working together). BG SEA is like the army(generally large and decently trained overall). JQ SEA is……like the Air Force(they’ll just bomb the kitten out of your structures).

(edited by Jahn.7019)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Starscream.7803

Starscream.7803

SoR shouldnt start with the chest thumping, with all the call outs of BG doing it, plus we all know how these matches can change. Any SoR chest thumping is asking to be trolled, I will be watching.

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

The thing that confuses me the most during NA. Other than their own border BG only pushes in JQ BL. I do not recall us taking your garrison and waypointing it. Haven’t really made sense of those tactics. Is BG afraid to push in SoR BL?

They try, the thing about SoR BL is that it is usually manned by TW(arguably one the best defenders in the game, if not the best), so they usually cycle in, wipe a few times to TW then go to another BL. They do push it hard though, as does JQ. SoR BL is probably mobbed every night. Luckily we have a good defensive guild in there who loves it and does it well.

As for the posting, SoR has a lot of forum warriors. You can’t take it seriously though as most of them don’t even take themselves seriously. It’s in good fun and I know for a fact the few times we have had BG or JQ visitors in our TS, everyone really shows a lot of respect towards them. Forums are not a good representation of a server to be honest.

(edited by Jahn.7019)

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

That JQ guy yesterday said it best. SoR has T3 and a billion people hiding inside it. You guys don’t.

edit: by that I mean you’ll most likely see BG progress on your map, but even if we have guys on SoR we may not see it unless there’s coordinated (in the loosest sense) pushes from both servers (thanks to most things being T3).

(edited by celeron.3469)

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

I haven’t ever played in SEA time. BG’s sea force isn’t that huge, .

Say wut?

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

That JQ guy yesterday said it best. SoR has T3 and a billion people hiding inside it. You guys don’t.
).

Don’t try to push a fast one on this board. The servers aren’t able to hold a billion players. Now the million that BG routinely fields during SEA, that’s more realistic.

in Match-ups

Brutus.5732

You hit your high SEA numbers when Waha stopped fighting you during his defend nothing stretch (2 weeks) and our subsequent separation from JQ (3 weeks). That is kind of my point.

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

Don’t try to push a fast one on this board. The servers aren’t able to hold a billion players. Now the million that BG routinely fields during SEA, that’s more realistic.

Using the official WvW counting system, you definitely have a billion.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, blob, 60, 80, map zerg, million, billion

in Match-ups

Vash.9183

Make no mistake, SOR needs the help of JQ’s SEA coverage (Waha) to help keep BG’s massive blobbing 1 million man army SEA zerg in check.

…Lol. I don’t even know what to say in these threads anymore. Reality check, please.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Brutus.5732

SoR started chest thumping

You realize we are losing right?

in Match-ups

Brutus.5732

…Lol. I don’t even know what to say in these threads anymore. Reality check, please.

An exaggeration but the truth.

in Match-ups

Vash.9183

The fact that you can fit every SoR SEA guild into one map goes to show they aren’t that big individually as guilds.

They just work very very well together. SoR SEA is like the marines(small and elite working together). BG SEA is like the army(generally large and decently trained overall). JQ SEA is……like the Air Force(they’ll just bomb the kitten out of your structures).

I could agree with everything you said except you said every SoR SEA guild could fit into one map. Then all the sudden you’re wrong. I have seen SAHP/SONG pull a queue-sized group working together on one map- this includes the PuGs following them.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Azure,

As I am in touch with the guilds in SOR Asian Prime, I need to clarify this. NYS did 4 GvGs last week (BG and TC guilds). And pretty much no GvGs prior that except for 1 or 2.

But yes, the guilds SONG, SAHP, NYS plus very small Asian guilds work in 1 BL most of the time. For some reason we don’t have a lot of Asian militia hence our recruitment thread.

I can extend the offer for you Vash to visit SOR Asia for 2 weeks to take a look yourself. All expenses paid. /totallyserious.

Also, one last thing. I need to clarify this, for the SOR guys, BG does not have 4 maps queued on Asian Prime consistently. Even when they were winning.

FW

How big is big for you? I’ve been in SoR for a long time, and I can assure you they turn up all the time. NYS is just usually GvGing, and these guilds usually work together in 1 borderland. You might not have noticed them.

[SoX] – JQ

(edited by Fannwong.3059)

in Match-ups

Vash.9183

Hello Azure,

As I am in touch with the guilds in SOR Asian Prime, I need to clarify this. NYS did 4 GvGs last week (BG and TC guilds). And pretty much no GvGs prior that except for 1 or 2.

But yes, the guilds SONG, SAHP, NYS plus very small Asian guilds work in 1 BL most of the time. For some reason we don’t have a lot of Asian militia hence our recruitment thread.

I can extend the offer for you Vash to visit SOR Asia for 2 weeks to take a look yourself. All expenses paid. /totallyserious

FW

Okay, I’m packing my bags tonight. I want first-class tickets. I don’t want to take a plane though, that’s pretty over-rated. I’ll go by boat.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

Okay, I’m packing my bags tonight. I want first-class tickets. I don’t want to take a plane though, that’s pretty over-rated. I’ll go by boat.

But you get there so much quicker

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

But you get there so much quicker

Nice one

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

SoR started chest thumping

You realize we are losing right?

The amount of animosity SoR built up from coming 2nd place to BG is astounding. If they were smart they would push JQ during NA and EU to have a shot at first place.

We don’t play for ppt. We don’t care what place we come in really long as we have good fights.

Most on SoR want JQ to win, it’ll be a nice change of pace.