9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: doublebb.6574

doublebb.6574

Decided to make a quick, educational video to all those PvDoorers on how to never give up (ft. 2 guildies of mine).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjbHUvFTJLo
Enjoy!

| Kyroen~Sylv Thief | Resliana Oryk~Norn Warr |
| Im Dying Im Dying~Sylv Mesmer (in progress)| Oh Wait Im Fine Nvm~Norn Necro (in progress) |
Gate of Madness~Proud Officer of [ASH]

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

We were totally being awesome these last few hours

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Iceburn.4217

Iceburn.4217

I wan’t to play

Attachments:

|Stormy Jade~ Ele | |Saviour Iceburn~ Guard| |Killzn~ Necro|
|Stormy Knightz~ war| |Ranged Iceburn~ Ranger| |Jizmoh~ Engi|
→ Sorrow’s Furnace

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: D best.3547

D best.3547

Good luck with tomorrow’s patch

Sea of Sorrows
Champion Paragon

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raithien.7946

Raithien.7946

Just remember to sweep for warriors and eles

Gates of Madness – [RH]
Norrec De Saber(War), Riccol(Guard), Russou Pagan(Necro)
-Raven Hold till we’re dust- “Those loot bags run fast, don’t they”

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: scarface.1294

scarface.1294

sorry kain but thanks for SM have a nice night

Attachments:

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Qualamala Lumpa.9832

Qualamala Lumpa.9832

So last night I was thinking to myself, “Hey SF! That’s a very nice EB keep you don’t have!”

And now I’m sitting here imagining SF saying, “Hey GoM! That’s a very nice several keeps you don’t have!”

Brb crying #cut4GoM

The Immortal O N E S [LIVE] | Server: GoM

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Colt.9051

Colt.9051

Bleh… today was a sad day to solo/duo roam on the SF and Kain BL maps… either the maps were boringly empty with no opposition to camp capping or I’d get jumped by 4+ ppl =/ (Not making a whine about it, it’s just less frequent good fights than I’m used to partaking in xD) Maybe I’ll have better luck when the new BL revamp goes live tomorrow.

One good point I did have today was a nice 2v2 fight with a RUN and PWN Engi/Warrior pair with my guildie

Edit: Funnily enough right after I posted this, roaming the backlines of the Kain assault on SF’s BLs I had some good 1v2s and 1v1s :P One of which snowballed to a 1v3+sentry then a 1v5. That was a grande chase to my spawn tho, couldnt handle all the adds, I tried >.<

Daeaera ~ Leader of Grape Justice! [FGJ]

(edited by Colt.9051)

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Qualamala Lumpa.9832

Does Kaineng ever sweep? Every time they take our keep/any tower, I always manage to be left in there alive…..I’m not even good at hiding lol It’s just unfortunate that I’m not a mesmer :’(

Attachments:

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: pOmf.5216

pOmf.5216

http://puu.sh/4txez.jpg
great and fair match-up so far!

2.5k+ tournies, most goodest engie ikea

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: TexRob.5183

TexRob.5183

Man, who is this unkillable ranger from SF? He’s amazing at staying alive. Never seen someone evade, jump away, sprint away, etc so much. Literally never landed a snare, root or stun on him except a handful of times.

Tex Rob 80 War [RICH] GoM

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Man, who is this unkillable ranger from SF? He’s amazing at staying alive. Never seen someone evade, jump away, sprint away, etc so much. Literally never landed a snare, root or stun on him except a handful of times.

Palace rolled a Ranger?

Mag Server Leader

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Sorry guys. We know it’s unfair. I feel for you considering we were just there last week.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

Sorry guys. We know it’s unfair. I feel for you considering we were just there last week.

It is actually a great thing, because at the end of the day it shows ANET:

1. How ridiculous the server imbalances are even from 14-19 for instance.
2. Why PPT is a ridiculous system for measuring success.
3. How awful this new league system is going to be.
4. Why having only 2 leagues will be an awful mistake.
5. Why buffing teams/servers that have the ability to hold and maintain the new capture points will backfire….

(That is assuming they actually are paying attention and care)

Mag Server Leader

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

awesome siege @ Stonemist last night. Many players and much siege died on both sides day. Extended battle that wasn’t too locked down with siege but wasn’t just bumrushes either. Final victory only came after SF split up and attacked Kaineng’s side of EB and SM simultaneously. Pretty much everything WvW is about!

PS Kaineng might be winning by a lot but the fights have been awesome so far.

Honestly so much of Kaineng’s score comes from night crew that they are probably missing out on the good fights xD

(edited by Shoe.5821)

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

clint.5681

So last night I was thinking to myself, “Hey SF! That’s a very nice EB keep you don’t have!”

And now I’m sitting here imagining SF saying, “Hey GoM! That’s a very nice several keeps you don’t have!”

Brb crying #cut4GoM

lol

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

I had a great time yesterday in your BL Kaineng, and I am not talking crap. You guys fight well, especially when I see those CNB tags. Made it to the roof in the Garrison’s Lord Room, too bad we had used our supplies on the west outer and then running over to rush in the watergate inner.

Keep up the good fights all week. Sooner or later SF will get a night presence and be closer in these types of matchups.

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Good fights near the bloodlust alters on Kain BL…too bad those OBEY guys give you such a bad name…not only are they pretty bad at skirmishing, they are the types of sore losers that jump on corpses when they 5v1 someone…

To everyone else on Kain, good on ya!

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noobie.1073

Noobie.1073

Good fights near the bloodlust alters on Kain BL…too bad those OBEY guys give you such a bad name…not only are they pretty bad at skirmishing, they are the types of sore losers that jump on corpses when they 5v1 someone…

Not from [OBEY] but I’m sure every server has a few of those. I can remember a few times when that has happened to me while running away from a group of SF guys.

I Cha Cha I – Mediocre Ranger at best
Mao Xiong – Worst Warrior GW2

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: JamboHammer.4397

JamboHammer.4397

lol this new meta of Headshot spammer perplexity rune thieves is so funny. pressing headshot over and over wont get u a kill unless the player is bad that or very low condi cure. i cant wait till the rune is nerfed hard for all u cheese build players..

Nsp,Gom,Mag[Yaks Bend] Asura Thief- Chronic Fangs/Asura War- Karcerus/Norn Mes- Karcmerus
Charr Ele- Mack Jack/Human Guardian- Karcian/Human Necro- Karcermancer/
Asura Rev- Kushatronium/Asura Engi- Kushatronic /Sylvari Ranger- Karcushian

(edited by JamboHammer.4397)

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Not from [OBEY] but I’m sure every server has a few of those. I can remember a few times when that has happened to me while running away from a group of SF guys.

Yup, every server does and hopefully the good players on each server try to stamp out the jerks who do that. I know that our regular core players do.

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Colt.9051

Ty SO much for the duels La Hermandad [LH] from SF! You guys definitely made the matchup funner for me, even tho I didnt even roam all day b/c of the duels xD Fun stuff!

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Its not really worth roaming anymore now that bloodlust is in the game. Takes the fun out of it.

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Ty SO much for the duels La Hermandad [LH] from SF! You guys definitely made the matchup funner for me, even tho I didnt even roam all day b/c of the duels xD Fun stuff!

If you are that engi, you are an awesome one, i saw you roaming early fighting vs more than you without problem.

I am the guardian who party with you for duels. Thanks to you for the duels!

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

5. Why buffing teams/servers that have the ability to hold and maintain the new capture points will backfire….

Unfortunately, all they will probably see is “Wow, Kaineng must have played really really well this week”…and not take into account population/coverage. They have flat out told us that a ranked very low ranked server can beat much higher tier servers by skill alone

(I’m in no way saying you guys aren’t playing well, but for this match up GoM and us (SF) are just outmanned, outclassed…and now outbuffed)

I’ve actually enjoyed this match up for what it’s worth

(edited by Topher.1684)

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Unfortunately, all they will probably see is “Wow, Kaineng much have played really really well this week”…and not take into account population/coverage. They have flat out told us that a ranked very low ranked server can beat much higher tier servers by skill alone

(I’m in no way saying you guys aren’t playing well, but for this match up GoM and us (SF) are just outmanned, outclassed…and now outbuffed)

omg, do you happen to have a citation for that quote? I must have it. But yeah it won’t show them anything.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

Thread invasion! If anyone sees El Taquito Bandito, There is a price on his head! I hope GoM comes to play again someday. CD is boring.

Gates of Madness

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Colt.9051

Thread invasion! If anyone sees El Taquito Bandito, There is a price on his head! I hope GoM comes to play again someday. CD is boring.

GoM’s not quite the same as it used to be, trust me We’ll rebuild eventually tho, I have hope for it, tho what did Taquito do? :P I you might sway me if you can… come up with the right terms… Nudge Nudge

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

GoM’s not quite the same as it used to be, trust me We’ll rebuild eventually tho, I have hope for it, tho what did Taquito do? :P I you might sway me if you can… come up with the right terms… Nudge Nudge

No no…. no no no lol. You’re funny though. His crime is making me wanna stop being lazy and level my P/P thief that’s been sitting gathering dust. Plus I Wanna fight him myself. CD has alot of Guardians and we end up fighting for minutes on end.

Gates of Madness

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

The servers imbalance is simply horrible. To have a group of devs think any differently is laughable.

Lets put this as an example. With the buff and the server numbers being in Kains favor right now. KA decided to just have a fun night. We ran a fully (except for a guest/friend that tagged along) upleveled crew tonight for a few hours.

We took like 5-6 towers, turned two maps green and a couple keeps. With around 10-15 people (adds could have been lvl 80 but ALL KA and many of the adds were upleveled.

When we did see someone they could take on like 5-6 on 1 and sometimes live. That was WHEN we saw someone.

Other then a SF zergball there was really no-one else out there. A couple roamers from both other servers and that was it.

Well they got what they wanted. less people logging in… to bad that dont give a rats butt for us lower level servers.

Believe me SF and GOM. Kain does understand the numbers are simply against you. When we do fight… its a blast… just not that many fights out there anymore.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Well SF came back in force tonight. We took our pvers from Teq runs we been doin the last few hours and came to EB. Pretty fun, we havent had a EB full on a non friday night like that in forever.

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

IoJ also has a bounty out on me.

Pity you guys may not have time to collect it, though. This game is a trainwreck now and I’m spending more and more of my time on other games instead (Smite ftw!). ANet’s said they won’t make any changes once the season starts, so I’m giving it ’til then to see if they come to their senses and fix things.

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

Unfortunately, all they will probably see is “Wow, Kaineng much have played really really well this week”…and not take into account population/coverage. They have flat out told us that a ranked very low ranked server can beat much higher tier servers by skill alone

omg, do you happen to have a citation for that quote? I must have it. But yeah it won’t show them anything.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Method-to-decide-the-Leagues

First page about half way down:

So do 4 leagues in NA. This eliminates the enormous population difference from server 1 to server 12 and 13 to 24.

If you really think the server that is ranked 12th at the start of this stands any chance against the top servers you are delusional.

I never said they did. However, I’d argue that they do in fact stand a chance against the 6th ranked server and the 5th ranked server. We are not trying to only ever match you up against your closest comparable server. That was what was happening with the system before and it was bad. If you are saying you don’t ever even want the chance to try and show your skill against a higher ranked server, then I don’t know what to say.

We will continue to look into ways to change scoring to try and even out some of the population based imbalances, but that is not an easy task and it won’t happen during the season.

So I remembers that slightly different (they never said word for word “by skill alone”) :S

But ya, rank 12 stands a chance at rank 5/6…

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Noobie.1073

lol, we went up against dragonbrand last week and stood a fighting chance

Not only were we trashed in all the maps including our own BL, the occasional small group fights, 1v1s, 1v2s etc were so few and far in between that the most skill that could be showcased for solo roamers was how fast you could make it to a tower, water, keep, or citadel before you were caught and violated by a 40+ zerg on every map. This week, Dragonbrand is getting trashed by TC? yeah, rank 12 definitely stands a chance against rank 5-6

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

lol, we went up against dragonbrand last week and stood a fighting chance

Not only were we trashed in all the maps including our own BL, the occasional small group fights, 1v1s, 1v2s etc were so few and far in between that the most skill that could be showcased for solo roamers was how fast you could make it to a tower, water, keep, or citadel before you were caught and violated by a 40+ zerg on every map. This week, Dragonbrand is getting trashed by TC? yeah, rank 12 definitely stands a chance against rank 5-6

lol yeah, Devon is delusional. T1 destroys TC, TC destroys the other T2 servers, T2 destroys T3 servers…on the other hand, DB’s final remnant of their NA bandwagon is moving back to T1, so maybe SoS will have a chance to beat them.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: rcelbrechter.8947

rcelbrechter.8947

Indeed the latest modifications to WvW have served to simply further frustrate me. I gave it a chance, ran with it a few nights just so that the initial change was not a subject for my frustration. Here are my thoughts and mind you these are merely my opinion.

• Bloodlust points – I will say that I see Anets point in making it to where 3 points needed to be captured in each BL for the bonus to take effect. It was an attempt to break up the Zerg mentality. Force the zergs to split into smaller roamer groups to do the captures. Nice try but here is why it does not work.
  • Like mentioned above and from other post from many other weeks. The population inbalances are more a factor in a server winning than skill or strategy. Larger population servers are going to be better able to break off a few well coordinated roamer groups to do the bloodlust captures without the sacrifice of losing noticeable numbers in their zerg. They get to keep both, and with this modification get the attribute points atop of it all.

For the lower population server not only do we get beat, it happens more soundly since we have a disadvantage in attribute points as well.

I did do some roaming in the Kaineng Borderland earlier – and there were few of us SF around. After a bit of taking a point here or there I finally settled down at one of the points. There was a Kaineng theif there and so I merely sat on the ground. Population is not there for us to be competitive. It was not long (me in my unaggressive sitting on the ground posture) to where I had a gang of the [Woe] guild ganking me. I did not even fight back as really it did not matter. If the few copper is what made their day more power to them all. I am proud of you all. Great online statement dudes. You guys rock. (sic.)

This latest mod to WvW only further illustrates all that is being said above. It further displays that allowed population inbalances is what makes for the place where these servers normally reside. It is population that wins in this day and age. Nuff said.

At least with the old maps the roamer may be able to avoid a zerg ganking every now and then. But as a hall of famer bowler I know has said in the past, “Don’t complain about the conditions of the lane – It is what was given to you and so its up to you to overcome those conditions.”. So it is here. The new maps are what they are and so lets lets get to work. Its highly unlikely to change.

Renegade Lightsend [Chef] [TAC]
Guardian – Dragonbrand

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Qualamala Lumpa.9832

The servers imbalance is simply horrible. To have a group of devs think any differently is laughable.

Believe me SF and GOM. Kain does understand the numbers are simply against you. When we do fight… its a blast… just not that many fights out there anymore.

So you understand how outnumbered GoM is, yet Kaineng continues to only attack GoM’s side of EB? I haven’t seen kain even touch SF in EB today….

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

We dont count EB. We have good commanders there (other then Mr Blue of course) but the majority of players are karma training. Most of the people I play with care about the Borderlands and let the zerging PvErs take EB.

I would NEVER judge another server based on happenings in EB. That place is a cesspool imo.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

clint.5681

The WvW update was bad and only adds to the imbalance, plus with the new Teq there isnt alot of reasons to get on just to get rolfstomped by zergs or jumped constantly by the higher tier server.

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Noobie.1073

Good duels tonight [OTWL] from GoM. Lila and Cana, your necros are dangerous. Definitely had a good time dueling you guys.

Thanks,

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

We dont count EB…

I would NEVER judge another server based on happenings in EB. That place is a cesspool imo.

So much this ^^^

I cannot tell you how many times I’ve seen: “GoM I cannot believe you just did XYZ, you are a horrible server.” And then I learn it was EB.

Attachments:

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

(edited by titanlectro.5029)

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: vitali.1609

vitali.1609

Regrettably SF has enough trouble keeping the giant walmart guild from harassing the other guilds that are smaller but get much greater results with less people.
They seem to think “T1” tactics/strat is gathering up a giant guild zergball and hope thier numbers will make up for thier lack of skill.
It never dawned on them that hitting specific places in other maps besides EBG at the right time to apply pressure to the oposition might help.
Any kind of strategy is beyond them and over thier heads.

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

^ LOL, you sounds mad bro. And please, what guild are you referring to? Or is making vague references and demeaning a guild you do not name more of those “T1” tactics you spout about?

Also, if you want to call anyone or any guild out, why not put up your character name and what server and guild you represent?

PS. There is a guild on SF named Walmart [WMT] but I do not think that is the one you are talking about…

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

Regrettably SF has enough trouble keeping the giant walmart guild from harassing the other guilds that are smaller but get much greater results with less people.
They seem to think “T1” tactics/strat is gathering up a giant guild zergball and hope thier numbers will make up for thier lack of skill.
It never dawned on them that hitting specific places in other maps besides EBG at the right time to apply pressure to the oposition might help.

Regrettably the Walmart was out of Preparation H when this guy went there, so now he has come here to rage about Walmart.

Mag Server Leader

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

vitali.1609

^ LOL, you sounds mad bro. And please, what guild are you referring to? Or is making vague references and demeaning a guild you do not name more of those “T1” tactics you spout about?

Also, if you want to call anyone or any guild out, why not put up your character name and what server and guild you represent?

PS. There is a guild on SF named Walmart [WMT] but I do not think that is the one you are talking about…

Was stating my regret for the current situation on the server and I didnt call out any specific guild whatsoever BRO.
Im on SF server and am in the guild MM (Means Machines) not the giant troll guild know as the mexican malitia thats on the server.
So simmer down and stop bein so mad homeboy, ok BRO?
PS…why you so defensive hommie? VIVA LARASSA!!

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

vitali.1609

Regrettably the Walmart was out of Preparation H when this guy went there, so now he has come here to rage about Walmart.

lol , your comebacks are epic…short of wit just like your commanding.

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

SHOTS FIRED

9/13 Kain/SF/GoM

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

Yeah it was bad, the whole 10 minutes I was tagged this week. ROFL.

Try again young fella.

Mag Server Leader