9/20: BG/JQ/TC Round II

in Match-ups

Posted by: Smoke.8510

Smoke.8510

JQ merc, stop running away and porting, I just want to jump on you.

Not everyones transferred yet, so I exactly wasn’t in the mood to 10 v 40

So Stealthzor’s guild has nothing to do with merc then? Looked like a lot more than 10.

Currently all of the members from MERC that stayed on blackgate (quite a few btw) are now having to find/form new guilds, its natural they would want to stay with people they know and play well with. As far as Stelthzors guild goes i haven’t heard anything about it yet, but i can tell you that there is no official ex-MERC guild.

Tinfoil Hat Conspiracy [LiES] (Leader)||Doesn’t afraid of anything.|

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Just want to say “thanks for the good fights” to OMEN and friends

Really good fights – Will start streaming again soon!
——
Gallimar [FEAR]?

I thought FEAR people were explicitly banned from posting in the forums ;o

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Weekly Tarnished Coast Dolyak Parade
Yes that time of the week is very near! That glorious time when players of all races come to celebrate the dolyaks and their selfless sacrifices for us! This week will be interesting with the new borderlands look! I know both JQ and BG LOVE us TC dolyaks, so I have high hopes that there will be so many dolyaks in the Borderlands we cause a dolyocalypse!

For those who do not know, the Dolyak parade is a time where we get together and just have fun, and of course, parade around as dolyaks around the borderlands! Of course, you do not have to be a dolyak if you do not wish to be. In the past, everything from griffons to snowmen to elementals have flocked to our parade. So come out and celebrate the dolyaks, who sacrifice much for our endless war!

Information

• Where: WvW borderlands. The exact one will be chosen ~1 hr beforehand
  • When: Thursday (9/27) at 7 PM Server Time
  • Who: Anyone is willing to participate! If you come and need a tonic, just ask a friendly DOLY representative and we can give you some to join in!
  • How: If you choose to become a dolyak, there are 2 ways: a Ruminant Tonic, and a Dolyak Tincture (feel free to wiki these). Of course any other kind of tonic is welcome, or even none at all if you just want to run along!

If anyone has any questions, comments, concerns, or good dolyak jokes, feel free to send me a message!

PS: Any guild leaders/commanders that are going to have GvG’s on that day and around that time, let me know! I try to plan the parade around GvG’s as best as possible, to avoid meeting up at the same place, or the parade running through a GvG on accident. (I won’t divulge when/where the GvGs are to anyone else, I just want to try to make sure there are no cross-event mishaps!)

Why does all the fun stuff happen when i am either at work or at sleep

CAn we have a SEA time YAK party??? Pleaseee….

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

What server time is the SEA timeframe?

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in Match-ups

Posted by: Smoke.8510

Smoke.8510

What server time is the SEA timeframe?

AEST is +11, EDT is -5
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Tinfoil Hat Conspiracy [LiES] (Leader)||Doesn’t afraid of anything.|

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

Was that you and your boys I kept running into earlier, Mance? I was the engineer that was running around solo. Kept having encounters with an SG havoc in TC BL, which gives the whole “stalker in the ruins” thing some credence. :P

Twas not me my friend, but the guild twas pvping and also it twas havocing about, as it twer I was attending rl functions, twixt my gaming sessions.

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in Match-ups

Mance.5640

TARNISHED COAST…answer this question:

Is there a secret cache of bubble gum infused cheese hidden within your garrison? OR in fact, is this secret cache in BG’s garrison?

(SG has flipped BG’s garri on Sunday and Monday and I didn’t find it, but it may have been overlooked.)

I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED to know before 5pm pacific.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

You were touched by a White Walker, that’s why they came back…

Winter… Is Coming!

Attachments:

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

TARNISHED COAST...answer this question:

Is there a secret cache of bubble gum infused cheese hidden within your garrison?

No, we’re more into toast and cookies, sometimes beer. No gummy cheese or cheesy gum.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

(edited by WyldKat.4712)

in Match-ups

Mance.5640

You were touched by a White Walker, that’s why they came back…

Winter… Is Coming!

hehe

in Match-ups

Mance.5640

Is there a secret cache of bubble gum infused cheese hidden within your garrison?

No, we’re more into toast and cookies, sometimes beer. No gummy cheese or cheesy gum.

I will inform the School of this.

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

So what? Guilds should move to TC and make a top 4?

Nah.

We’re all fourthy just being ourselves here in the Toasty Coast. We follow our hearts and sometimes we follow commanders and every now and then we follow a commander with a heart, but if he eats it all bets are off.

There are those that want things certain ways and others their own. For the most part, TC’s great strength is respecting each other as we go looking for whatever we want to find.

We’ll end up wherever our roads lead us, and not for wanting someone to lead us there. All I can do is enjoy the journey, even if occasionally that’s back to a WvW waypoint. ^^

in Match-ups

Posted by: therealjaypo.1690

therealjaypo.1690

We’re all fourthy just being ourselves here in the Toasty Coast. We follow our hearts and sometimes we follow commanders and every now and then we follow a commander with a heart, but if he eats it all bets are off.

Why would your commander carry around a heart if he’s not going to eat it?

[SG] I’m here because I was in the comic book

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

Why would your commander carry around a heart if he’s not going to eat it?

I’ll ask next time. <( O.o’)>

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Hehe, tc needs you.

Hi BG and JQ. Ty for the fights.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

20k points behind 12 hours ago, now less than 10k. If tonight goes like last night JQ will tie it up in ~14 more hours and then it’s all over.

XD : Sorry you have to start all over again from another 20k gap now.

Much love.

He isn’t even on JQ LOL

Yeah, every other match this week is a completely boring roflstomp, so everyone is invading your thread this week out of boredom.

The only thing that has compared in entertainment value for this week is the troll recruitment post by Duke on Mags; that half the universe fell for and continue to fall for.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

20k points behind 12 hours ago, now less than 10k. If tonight goes like last night JQ will tie it up in ~14 more hours and then it’s all over.

Much love.

He isn’t even on JQ LOL

Yeah, every other match this week is a completely boring roflstomp, so everyone is invading your thread this week out of boredom.

The only thing that has compared in entertainment value for this week is the troll recruitment post by Duke on Mags; that half the universe fell for and continue to fall for.

Or you just want to see BG burn like every bitter SoS citizen. It’s not the drama, but rather which guild the drama surrounds. You are so obviously bitter about MERC leaving your server and you don’t even make an attempt to hide it. Your post history would back me up.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

(edited by Seigfried.5938)

in Match-ups

Posted by: ballymun.3986

ballymun.3986

SG has flipped BG’s garri when JQ’s stacked TZ overwhelms BG’s, and most of BG are asleep, we also ran around facerubbing doors to make ourselves look really good so our SEA guilds wouldn’t quit the server

Well done. What a guy !

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Much love.

He isn’t even on JQ LOL

Or you just want to see BG burn like every bitter SoS citizen. It’s not the drama, but rather which guild the drama surrounds. You are so obviously bitter about MERC leaving your server and you don’t even make an attempt to hide it. Your post history would back me up.

SoS guilds and members went to all three T1 servers, and even some went to TC.

I want to see you all burn.
j/k

I don’t wish any ill will on anyone, but as I said before; I’m amazed that anyone is still surprised by stacking.

SoS wasn’t the first server to visit T1 for a while and drop out. HoD, ET, IoJ, and SBI all went through the same experience. Each time the members of those servers went and moved to the server that they believed would be the next big thing.

What I find amusing is the same people who skip servers, like they have OCD, are harrumphing this as much as possible.

There’s the accusations, the recriminations and character assassinations, the downplaying of it, the counter-accusations, etc.

What no one wants to deal with, is that every guild move is the direct result of the actions of others. Other personalities on the server annoy them, certain attitudes on that server, or even things other people have done to that server in the past continue to reverberate for weeks or even months.

KN is still reeling from WM’s spur of the minute decision to move there, then move off just as quickly.

DB took months to recover from all the guilds that moved off due to the bad attitudes that populated there at start.

A guy from CD and I were mentioning in our own thread that CD took extensive long term damage due to a massive troll guild and it’s immature leaders.

Either way, it’s all up to BG if the removal of MERC is going to break them or not. Either way, I wish the best to BG’s members.

in Match-ups

Mance.5640

SG has flipped BG’s garri when JQ’s stacked TZ overwhelms BG’s, and most of BG are asleep, we also ran around facerubbing doors to make ourselves look really good so our SEA guilds wouldn’t quit the server

Well done. What a guy !

Lol the two times SG did flip BG garri (I don’t know if we did last night as well) were at 3pm pst Sunday afternoon and 5pm pst Monday afternoon.

Sunday’s flip was awesome, props to GD, that was the first time we had worked with them. Monday was a classic SG ninja. I don’t believe EU and EST are “JQ’s stacked time zones” but I appreciate your effort on the troll attempt!

in Match-ups

Mance.5640

Hmmm… [RATS] scouts have informed me you DO in FACT have GUMMY CHEESE AND CHEESY GUM on TC BORDERLAND!!!!!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

So far all i managed to work out is:

MERC have left BG because JQ can now challenge them as well.. due to this JQ are no longer BG pets that do everything to help them win thus BG cant actually win even with their previous stacking.
With this in mind MERC dont want to actually fight hard to try get a victory and thus jumping on the JQ band wagon in order to try attain victory.

Have i missed anything else interesting?

in Match-ups

Posted by: zeus.2375

zeus.2375

MERC have left BG because JQ can now challenge them as well.. due to this JQ are no longer BG pets that do everything to help them win thus BG cant actually win even with their previous stacking.
With this in mind MERC dont want to actually fight hard to try get a victory and thus jumping on the JQ band wagon in order to try attain victory.

Nope, that’s pretty much it. You got it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: KumaTazZ.8054

KumaTazZ.8054

JQ teached me how to hold ruin in style.

/salute

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: ballymun.3986

ballymun.3986

We could go around in circles talking about it, everything is there for the taking, we do the same to you (albeit during NA prime) just nobody really cares to shout about it on the forums afterwards.

Keep facerubbing those doors and get used to it come leagues, you guys are so good.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

Hmmm… [RATS] scouts have informed me you DO in FACT have GUMMY CHEESE AND CHEESY GUM on TC BORDERLAND!!!!!!

No wonder our commander ordered us to defecate on said cheese. o.0

in Match-ups

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

Fail troll Bro

U and ur SoR lost to Bg while Jq was in T2

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalidri.5427

Kalidri.5427

My dear, I think your scouts’ acute sense of smell may have detected the sweat of TC trying and trying to keep garrison safe from the T1 hordes. OF course [RATS] is the most adorable horde ever and I am happy to be invaded as long as photo ops are allowed before I get killed and finally lose my pants. Pants loss is my measurement of how hard fought things are – T1 weeks are full pants loss events .

Also, how about if I just mail the cheese to [RATS] then we could just avoid the whole unpleasant hordes at the gates and running repair from north camp situation? Ever stopped to think how sore our little TC feet are after days of this? At least let us have a waypoint so we can rest.

Also, all of you should come to the Dolyak Parade but you can all come as adorable as you all are and who knows, maybe I can bring cheese so you don’t hurt us and we can always use an honor guard. Do consider.

Well the thought occurs… cheesy gum sweat would be disgusting. Maybe it’s the charr.

Goseldt – TC/[TLS]/I just wanna dance.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

Once again, some nice fight on EU prime

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

JQ has outdone itself. ♥ Ohhh Avson

and Nihilomancer Skom

I’m so torn between JQ and TC rite now!!

Attachments:

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Waage.2047

Waage.2047

Once again, some nice fight on EU prime

Yeah good fights.

[RK] – Guild Leader and awesome Warrior – BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

I’m really enjoying NA t1 so far
Great fights ^^

Asuran race is the best… +
Fluttershy #1 :)

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

I’m really enjoying NA t1 so far
Great fights ^^

Glad to see you are enjoying it, we are glad to have you guys here. Will definitely pop into your TS channel this week and run with you guys!

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Hello Decklan,
There are prominent guilds in every server, the ones that indelibly shape the ethos and community through their words, decisions, actions and commitment. The militia and 90% of the WvW population look up to the leadership of the leaders. Even though this is a video game, loyalty and reputation crosses over from real life. The anonymity also makes it easier for folks to show their real nature, their real selves so to speak. Hence the feelings of betrayal is extremely painful.

Yeah, and I still have friends who I talk to on SoR and BG because I don’t let video game politics spill over into my real life. I’ve seen too many people get lost in this world of PPT and server pride. It’s just a downward spiral from there.

There was this guild leader from SoS, I think he was one of the ambassadors or something, that was so obsessed with winning he would play 10-12 hours a day and make forum posts about how this game was destroying his life. This same guy felt depressed when he had to spend time with his family and his server lost a single T1 matchup (new years week). He did exactly what you are writing, he let loyalties and bonds formed in a video game spill over into his real life. I don’t know if he plays anymore, but it should say something that I don’t even remember the guys name even though he dedicated so much of his time to this game.

In the end this is really just a game. If some guilds transferring off your server effect you that much, if not achieving first place is something that will ruin your self-esteem or outlook on life, then maybe it’s just time to stop. Play the game, have fun, that’s all that matters. It’s really the only reason I’ve stayed on JQ even though we have only placed first a few times in the past, I don’t know, four months? I just see the community here as more casual, and less about PPT. Sure we might lose guilds, sure we might gain guilds, sure we might drop to T2 or T3, but it doesn’t matter in the end. The community here on a whole never seemed to be obsessed with winning over fun.

It’s why I hear stories from other servers about commanders yelling at random pugs for wearing zerk gear. Hey, I’ve never experienced that. JQ wipes, it wipes, so what. JQ takes 2nd, so what. JQ is knocked down to T8, so what. Yet I read forum posts about people from SoR and BG who have been so ingrained and brainwashed by austere commanders that you could recommend some crazy build on a PROFESSION forum and they would chime in and say how useless your advice is because one of their guild leaders gave them a 15 minute rage-fest about how THEY were the reason the other team rallied and won the fight.

Then again, maybe it’s my age. I guess when you grow up and garner more responsibilities, the politics of a server matter less and less and just logging on and having a good time matters more and more.

And before you say, band wagoner, I’ve been on JQ since week 2 (I started on Yak’s Bend) and experienced all of its ups and downs; whether it be winning, losing, or dropping down to T2.

You have a sheltered perspective i fear. When you feel your server’s pride bottom out you appreciate what winning and success does for morale. T2 is not even remarkable in that regard.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Mance.5640

My dear, I think your scouts’ acute sense of smell may have detected the sweat of TC trying and trying to keep garrison safe from the T1 hordes. OF course [RATS] is the most adorable horde ever and I am happy to be invaded as long as photo ops are allowed before I get killed and finally lose my pants. Pants loss is my measurement of how hard fought things are – T1 weeks are full pants loss events .

Also, how about if I just mail the cheese to [RATS] then we could just avoid the whole unpleasant hordes at the gates and running repair from north camp situation? Ever stopped to think how sore our little TC feet are after days of this? At least let us have a waypoint so we can rest.

Also, all of you should come to the Dolyak Parade but you can all come as adorable as you all are and who knows, maybe I can bring cheese so you don’t hurt us and we can always use an honor guard. Do consider.

Well the thought occurs… cheesy gum sweat would be disgusting. Maybe it’s the charr.

We have just held our weekly faculty meeting. We have decided that whichever server sends Mancito the most treats by 4:30pm pst time (30mins) will NOT be the focus of our weekly bookah bag round up.

Thanks,

Instructor Mancito

in Match-ups

Mance.5640

hmmm some interesting info about bg given to us from TC along with a nice cheese package…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

Once league starts and winning means something we’ll start seeing how strong/weak certain time zones really are. I know there are a few time zones on other servers that have been tanking to look weaker.
I highly doubt when league starts JQ sea against BG will be at 450-500 like it is now

Once league starts, the top 3 won’t be playing each other all that much. I think the top 3 are setting themselves up for some really boring matches.

This is true.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Once league starts and winning means something we’ll start seeing how strong/weak certain time zones really are. I know there are a few time zones on other servers that have been tanking to look weaker.
I highly doubt when league starts JQ sea against BG will be at 450-500 like it is now

Once league starts, the top 3 won’t be playing each other all that much. I think the top 3 are setting themselves up for some really boring matches.

This is true.

Boring doesn’t matter, only winning does~

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

hmmm some interesting info about bg given to us from TC along with a nice cheese package…

The word is already out that I wore a pink g-string to work today? Man news travels fast. That’s the last time I share a secret with my “friends” on TC.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

Score Update!

<3

Not fun adventures tonight

You made that bread…

Well! If you ask Darknifrofia from KO, he will tell you I apparently own a bread shop!

FISH ARE FRIENDS, NOT FOOD
D:
Have a random pic <3

I approve of almost everything in this post

EXCEPT THE

FISH ARE FRIENDS, NOT FOOD

:D

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in Match-ups

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Could you please explain this? From what I have read, seen, and heard, a majority of MERC stayed on BG. If so, how is this a move “about the guild”?

It was a move about the guild, because our active commanders needed more support for our guilds playtime. A number of mercs were nearing burning out night after night covering multiple timezones. Basically from Sea all the way to EU time slots. This moves allows those who stayed with merc and transfered to carry less weight and focus more on our guilds core and our enjoyment factor. I can tell you being a merc has meant you carried a lot of weight.

So a pretty similar reason for moving from SOS to BG in the first place. Gee that worked out well didn’kitten

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

To the TC in EB…would you be interested in hitting BG? The constant pressure on us is getting tiring and we cannot go to the dolyak parade if we are tired.

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

http://youtu.be/lYkPgaKCDF8

:3 Good fights today, and some fun. Hi bg and jq.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

To the TC in EB…would you be interested in hitting BG? The constant pressure on us is getting tiring and we cannot go to the dolyak parade if we are tired.

Fear not! The parade is tomorrow. Get a lot of rest and be ready for some marching.

in Match-ups

Fuzzion.2504

Fear not! The parade is tomorrow. Get a lot of rest and be ready for some marching.

Can we have a second parade at 8 pm SEA time? Los Angeles 8 am (exact 12 hour opposite)

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: urak.4863

urak.4863

Can we have a second parade at 8 pm SEA time? Los Angeles 8 am (exact 12 hour opposite)

8pm SEA time is server time 5am, Sir.

I eat breakfast for dinner.

in Match-ups

Fuzzion.2504

8pm SEA time is server time 5am, Sir.

Thats new york right? EIther way? can we have a TC SEA dolyak parade. I dont think next week we will be matched again

A SEA timezone TC RP DolyYAK Party …. Just imagine, 70 JQ Dolyaks , 80 BG dolyaks and 50 TC Dolyaks all in one big picture before the league.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

Great fight defending your garrison TC. You are the undisputed Kings of trolling the circle/ ressing the lord.

Loved the fights with the Agg/NS/HzH “training” crew as well. Rumor is Agg might be leaving the game forever? Please don’t leave us Jericho… we were just getting started again…

WvW Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuffmeister.4379

Nuffmeister.4379

Could you please explain this? From what I have read, seen, and heard, a majority of MERC stayed on BG. If so, how is this a move “about the guild”?

It was a move about the guild, because our active commanders needed more support for our guilds playtime. A number of mercs were nearing burning out night after night covering multiple timezones. Basically from Sea all the way to EU time slots. This moves allows those who stayed with merc and transfered to carry less weight and focus more on our guilds core and our enjoyment factor. I can tell you being a merc has meant you carried a lot of weight.

So a pretty similar reason for moving from SOS to BG in the first place. Gee that worked out well didn’kitten

Just like your move off Yak’s Bend to SoS and then from SoS to SoR was only because you wanted to be on the winning server right? Surely there could be no other mitigating factors for people to move servers when it is so easy to just bad mouth them.

Sad to see this attitude from you when I would think you’d know better.

in Match-ups

Posted by: devessi.3154

devessi.3154

Great fight defending your garrison TC. You are the undisputed Kings of trolling the circle/ ressing the lord.

You should see us defending Vale sometime (especially when outnumbered) when we’re feeling really stubborn. I think we’ve held people off for what, 30+ minutes at least from capping that tiny little camp?

Velai Visala, Necromancer
TC – When Zergs Collide [CERN]