9/20: BG/JQ/TC Round II

in Match-ups

Posted by: FXLEACH.9436

FXLEACH.9436

This is happening right now! Stay classy BG and JQ!

Attachments:

in Match-ups

FXLEACH.9436

Ok so BG got inside… congratz! Time to respawn.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: InvictiSturm.9731

InvictiSturm.9731

kitten …

That’s a lotta people.

Lol I’ve seen worse.

I try.

(edited by InvictiSturm.9731)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Why are you posting up what would be considered as small roaming groups pics in T1 of BG and saying it’s a lot of people Leach? I expect 50+ for that kinda talk

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sol.8341

Sol.8341

in Match-ups

FXLEACH.9436

Well, it seems JQ has moved just a little bit back to give us some more room, JQ you cheeky things! You know there’s a big ’ol BG zerg just a bit south, why do you wanna pick off wee lil fellas like me?

And so ends my telling of this tale. Take from it what you will! I had fun! Long Live TC!

Attachments:

in Match-ups

FXLEACH.9436

Why are you posting up what would be considered as small roaming groups pics in T1 of BG and saying it’s a lot of people Leach? I expect 50+ for that kinda talk

I just found it really interesting.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LaMisT.1863

LaMisT.1863

JQ camps spawnfor BG so that TC cant defend keep and BG clears mortars so that JQ can cap TC towers.. TC too stronk outmanned? or maybe JQ and BG are some kind of gay buddies? :s

I am Help, the Magical White Mushroom. :3

(edited by LaMisT.1863)

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

It is going to be okay!

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Posted by: LordKael.7260

LordKael.7260

I want to thank RoT and EXS for the great fights tonight both in open field and the GvGs. We knew what we were getting ourselves into and had tons of fun. Hopefully we will see them again this week and in future match ups.

-Laorian Ashborn

Props to our friends in ZN for the scrims tonight. Thanks for the fights guys, we’ll miss having you all here with us! Hope BG is treating you well and we look forward to seeing you again. Also, <3 Yewki

Lord Kael – Guardian
Seventh Legion [VII]

in Match-ups

Posted by: LordKael.7260

LordKael.7260

Warning to any guilds wanting to GVG TC guilds [EXS] and [ROT], from watching them GVG a BG guild (not mine) they only fight if they have double the numbers. Also if your’re watching GVG (even if you’re on the hill and not attacking) [EXS] will mass attack ppl watching, during the GVG or after it….

You know, if you want to make things up, you could at least attach a screenshot or something… luckily for you, everything was recorded ^^

Lord Kael – Guardian
Seventh Legion [VII]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I just found it really interesting.

I was just teasing everyone involved :P

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Match-ups

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

lol.. BG… what a server. they really showed just how “great” their community is tonight. thank you to those who wanted to participate and sorry for the others that shame your realm.

If the actions of a few individuals speaks for the server then JQ is just as bad as you make BG out to be. Try placing the blame where it should fall, on the individual players that attacked the parade (despite doing wvw in a wvw zone). Calling out a server because of a few players makes you seem like a scorned child.

Never-mind the many BG players in attendance having fun with the rest of the Yak parade….

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

in Match-ups

Posted by: RoninDB.9540

RoninDB.9540

ZN had a great time fighting both RoT and EXS last night. Thanks for the good fights. It was 15 vs. 15, fair and square We were too busy to pay attention to what was happening on the hill at the time, so I can’t speak for the situation there.

Again, thank you to both RoT and EXS – had such a good time, and we’ll see you on the open field soon.

Zero Negative [ZN]
Public Relations/Inter-Guild Relations Officer
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

GekoHayate.2451

Well, it seems JQ has moved just a little bit back to give us some more room, JQ you cheeky things! You know there’s a big ’ol BG zerg just a bit south, why do you wanna pick off wee lil fellas like me?

And so ends my telling of this tale. Take from it what you will! I had fun! Long Live TC!

Yeah we agreed JQ needed to pick on a zerg their own size so after we capped your keep we wiped those spawn campers for you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shaitan.7841

Shaitan.7841

@Smokey.1754
Once again a pleasure fighting the JQ guilds that were running around on their own tonight in EU prime. Lets decide a map for tomorrows EU? Then those that want to karma train can stay the kitten out, and we can have the fights we want.

Fun fights for us ( [SR] ) too, but we were just 12 and had some difficulties to find smaller groups than 20+, so we didn’ really win anything. Still, one very good, long fight, in the lord room in Bay (on BGBL would be my guess, but not sure anymore) against many BGs that kept coming from everywhere, and from which we finally ran away or just tried, for some of us lol

We tried in Hills to take you ( [HB] ) with two more or less hidden ACs, but that was a no warrior night for us, and we counted at least 6 warbanners. At the end of the fight. We counted from the ground After this fight we didn’t try to take you anymore as it seemed impossible to make you eat some more grass from the roots without any war on our side ^^

I don’t think I’ll be able to tell you if or where we’re gonna play tonight, normally friday is our PvE day but as we just arrived on JQ, we don’t have the guild missions yet… And if we run, we’ll probably hop from a map to another a lot, as we did yesterday.

Anyway, thank you [HB], and [RK] too, for the good fights we had

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

The FIRST SEA Cross-Server Dolyak Parade
So, after much consideration and after many many requests, I have decided to host an SEA Dolyak Parade! Now all of our friends down under can join in on the fun that they have been missing! (The time is listed below. If it is not the best SEA time, LET ME KNOW ASAP!)

For those who do not know, the Dolyak parade is a time where we get together and just have fun, and of course, parade around as dolyaks around the borderlands! Of course, you do not have to be a dolyak if you do not wish to be. In the past, everything from griffons to snowmen to elementals have flocked to our parade. So come out and celebrate the dolyaks, who sacrifice much for our endless war!

Information

• Where: WvW borderlands. The exact one will be chosen ~1 hr beforehand
  • When: Friday (9/27) at 6 AM Server Time.
  • Who: Anyone is willing to participate! If you come and need a tonic, just ask a friendly DOLY representative and we can give you some to join in!
  • How: If you choose to become a dolyak, there are 2 ways: a Ruminant Tonic, and a Dolyak Tincture (feel free to wiki these). Of course any other kind of tonic is welcome, or even none at all if you just want to run along!

PS: I have never done SEA stuff. I chose that time because it is 9 AM my time which is optimal. I can push it to 7 AM Server time, and probably as early at 4-5 AM Server Time. Please, if you are an SEA person, let me know if what time would be optimal! Since it is the first time, it might be a bit funky…

OMG!!! Thank youuuuuuu~~~

I believe the times are perfect. 11PM for East Australian, just an hr before they log off. And 9pm for West Australia and majority of Sea players is like an hr after where they all login!

This is perfect!

<3

Choc

I will be there. Thank you so much for making the event.

Oh how do we know where will it be? I will put my [love] tag on so u know its me

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kman.7358

Kman.7358

lol.. BG… what a server. they really showed just how “great” their community is tonight. thank you to those who wanted to participate and sorry for the others that shame your realm.

If the actions of a few individuals speaks for the server then JQ is just as bad as you make BG out to be. Try placing the blame where it should fall, on the individual players that attacked the parade (despite doing wvw in a wvw zone). Calling out a server because of a few players makes you seem like a scorned child.

Never-mind the many BG players in attendance having fun with the rest of the Yak parade….

On top of this, it’s also a PvP zone. You can try and organize things like this, where players are supposed to be friendly, but that’s at your own risk. People are going to do what they want, and attack who they want to attack. There was also nothing stopping you from retaliating, I’m sure there were enough people there to assist with that.

If you do this and expect everyone that runs into you to support what you’re doing and not attack, there’s another issue here.

Appeased -Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
teamriot.org
twitch.tv/teamriottv

(edited by Kman.7358)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

GG BG and JQ.

http://youtu.be/zLOITbjVJMA

See you next time, may the odds be in your favor in the next matchup.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

GekoHayate.2451

On top of this, it’s also a PvP zone. You can try and organize things like this, where players are supposed to be friendly, but that’s at your own risk. People are going to do what they want, and attack who they want to attack. There was also nothing stopping you from retaliating, I’m sure there were enough people there to assist with that.

If you do this and expect everyone that runs into you to support what you’re doing and not attack, there’s another issue here.

I 100% agree, I understand the frustration by some of the community but don’t get your kitten in a cradle about the BG server in its entirety when a few individuals decide to do pvp in a pvp zone during the RP parade. I do support the parade and if it was me I wouldn’t go around ganking participants as Yak Thursday is a fun way to end the week, but ultimately cross server bromanship isn’t what the Borderlands maps are for.

Thats what you would think the forums are for, until you read them. I guess we as a T1 community got this all backwards.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Sp since T1 has the most active GvG scence in the NA grouping though i’d ask you guys as this happened tonight on ioj/sbi/nsp. Had a good friendly GvG about to happen when an Anet employee showed up and told us we were breaking the code of conduct and exploiting game mechanics and tried to stop the GvG. Wondering if any of you guys have heard/had this happen and if not I guess watch for it now.. Anet cracking down “Exploits” finally I guess… O wait sunny and bay can still be breached easily lol.

Can’t tell if srs or trolling. If srs, I quit gw forever. Please send me ss in PM ♥

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

All I know is that it took me about 20 sentries to get credit for 5 flips, on TC BL btw, for the daily yesterday before the day reset. I kept having to bail out while waiting in the circle.

BG responded to the movement of the map icons very quickly and in impressive fashion. Grr. All that.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Fuzzion.2504

i cant find any1

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

OMG a SEA/Oceanic yak parade you may see my excitement ooze from your monitors

in Match-ups

Posted by: ChocPudding.6128

ChocPudding.6128

noooo. so sad ><

Member Administration of Blackgatewvw.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

OMG

WHERE ARE WE MEETING FOR PARADE?!
Tell me please

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

PS Hey all! For the SEA Dolyak Parade, lets gather up in TCBL, by the widmill south of south camp!

Sorry I’m late I missed my first couple alarms.
Im having some computer issues but I’m trying to get on!

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

(edited by Handin.4032)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

ZN had a great time fighting both RoT and EXS last night. Thanks for the good fights. It was 15 vs. 15, fair and square We were too busy to pay attention to what was happening on the hill at the time, so I can’t speak for the situation there.

Again, thank you to both RoT and EXS – had such a good time, and we’ll see you on the open field soon.

may want to change your signature

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

…but ultimately cross server bromanship isn’t what the Borderlands maps are for.

And Philadelphia is the “City of Brotherly Love”. Go figure that one, sport fans.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Farmed Kelly’s mobs in our keep in EB XD

in Match-ups

electriette.8952

Aww yiss

/15char

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Handin.4032

I am currently stuck with a checkdisc running (windows hates it when I swap between Linux a lot and itself). If you guys haven’t already, you should jist start the parade I saw you pic that had quite a few people there!

Mesmer – FURY

in Match-ups

Posted by: zedtanga.6571

zedtanga.6571

Congrats to BG

things jq needs to work on..

-getting more people interested in wvw.
-organizing them

not playing blame game… when you lose it is everyone’s fault.
So stop blaming pugs for losing. I heard in voice comms and in chat people blaming pugs for various loses. Pugs are only as good as there trained to be.

Failure to re-access game plan is a huge problem. I saw same plan thrown out in EB for 7 straight days. Best job was done by a new comer named commander danger points. Lector did very well as well and so did host of others.

But the mentality of having one pin only almost the entire week in eb was laughable… and sad to me. I ’t was obvious by day 2 JQ zerg on eb was TO SMALL and to squishy to constantly go up against the bg zerg.

Yet day after day I watched same Pins do the same game plan over and over without any changes. All the commanders need a strategy meeting omho. Common sense will tell you when your losing points to try other things.

this may seem harsh but I feel the commanders where trying very hard and working with minimal support at times, sometimes working hard is not good enough you have to step back and think how can I do this differently rather then get same results over and over.

Next time consider 2 pins, hit them where the are not rather then sit and fight a zerg that you can’t beat 95% of the time.

Really wanted to win this week because I played like 10+ hours a day and was really into it. I learned alot and will continue to learn and work and support the commanders 100%.

Hat of again to Blackgate, you were a force, and also Tarnish coast at times was pretty tough congrats to tc for fighting hard at times.

With all that said I enjoyed the match. thanks.

‘’He once brought a knife to a gunfight… just to even the odds’’

(edited by zedtanga.6571)

in Match-ups

electriette.8952

I think a certain thief from BG has anger management issues.

Nevertheless, fun yak parade everyone!

in Match-ups

Handin.4032

Here’s a pic at the end of the SEA parade We decided to pay JQ a visit!

Attachments:

Mesmer – FURY

in Match-ups

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Thanks to those who ran in the mini-parade earlier

in Match-ups

Fuzzion.2504

Thanks for making the Worlds First SEA timezone YAK run fun. loved it!

/salute and cya all at reset

Attachments:

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

Congrats to BG…
Hat off again to Blackgate, you were a force, and also Tarnished Coast at times was pretty tough congrats to tc for fighting hard at times.

With all that said I enjoyed the match. thanks.

If you think we’re pretty tough wait until you see our ugly tough!

A post like this makes me think all that JQQ chatter was just undermining propaganda to make you all look like a bunch of not pleasant peoples. ^^

This week has been a riot. Running. Screaming. Things on fire, frequently me.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Thanks for making the Worlds First SEA timezone YAK run fun. loved it!

/salute and cya all at reset

It was fun, thanks. I tried very hard not to hit anyone, including keeping clear when the rocket boots kick off. :-) Unfortunately those guards at the borderland keeps have insane reach (not the first time I’ve stumbled over to one by accident, heh).

Good luck in the League everyone. This has been a very good week for me here, I think I’ve broken my current survivability records in the larger fights (despite my RSI nagging at me by end of last night).

—S_A (tagged as DHG [D’ni Honor Guard] for the event)

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

in Match-ups

Posted by: therealjaypo.1690

therealjaypo.1690

JQ camps spawnfor BG so that TC cant defend keep and BG clears mortars so that JQ can cap TC towers.. TC too stronk outmanned? or maybe JQ and BG are some kind of gay buddies? :s

Exactly, because it doesn’t make sense from an overall map strategy standpoint to, y’know, break that waypoint to impair your troop’s movements or anything.

On an unrelated note, missing your wallet BG? PM me.

[SG] I’m here because I was in the comic book

in Match-ups

therealjaypo.1690

kitten …

That’s a lotta people.

Seriously?
I guess you didn’t make it in to JQBL last night during NA prime then. The blob you guys were running was giving me SOR style frame drops. Kudos.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Exactly, because it doesn’t make sense from an overall map strategy standpoint to, y’know, break that waypoint to impair your troop’s movements or anything.

TC had outmanned on the map while the keep was under attack. I dont think BG was going to be stopped even without your help. /shame

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bammit.4796

Bammit.4796

I ’t was obvious by day 2 JQ zerg on eb was TO SMALL and to squishy to constantly go up against the bg zerg.

Like we’d let being outsized stop us, pfft. You don’t know us very well. ><

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Ah I had no idea “breaking troop movements” and “overall map strategy” mattered so much on Friday, against an Outnumbered opponent, who is trailing second place by over 100k in score…

So well played there, you must be very proud of yourself.

NAGA|TC

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

Ah I had no idea “breaking troop movements” and “overall map strategy” mattered so much on Friday, against an Outnumbered opponent, who is trailing second place by over 100k in score…

What is this stra-T-C?

in Match-ups

therealjaypo.1690

So well played there, you must be very proud of yourself.

Lol, I’ll remember TC’s stance on fair play the next time 30 of you zerg down my 5 man.

But tbh, I’m never proud of anything that happens in EB. Since Bloodlust came out it’s not even worth its PPT any more.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Taygeta.9124

Taygeta.9124

Actions of individuals does not represent a whole server population.

(edited by Taygeta.9124)

in Match-ups

Posted by: zedtanga.6571

zedtanga.6571

I ’t was obvious by day 2 JQ zerg on eb was TO SMALL and to squishy to constantly go up against the bg zerg.

Like we’d let being outsized stop us, pfft. You don’t know us very well. ><

that was not my point. but you’re post pretty much displays the mentality of ego over different tactical approaches.

‘’He once brought a knife to a gunfight… just to even the odds’’

in Match-ups

Posted by: Night Hawk Ix.7360

Night Hawk Ix.7360

Warning to any guilds wanting to GVG TC guilds [EXS] and [ROT], from watching them GVG a BG guild (not mine) they only fight if they have double the numbers. Also if your’re watching GVG (even if you’re on the hill and not attacking) [EXS] will mass attack ppl watching, during the GVG or after it….

You know, if you want to make things up, you could at least attach a screenshot or something… luckily for you, everything was recorded ^^

Oh goody, so you wont mind posting what you claim to have? Also I notice you dont deny zerging solo spectators sitting on the hill, smart move.

Mez You Up
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

You know, if you want to make things up, you could at leakitten attach a screenshot or something… luckily for you, everything was recorded ^^

Oh goody, so you wont mind pokittening what you claim to have? Also I notice you dont deny zerging solo spectators sitting on the hill, smart move.

Finger….

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$