im on WvW everynight from 10pm-4am server time

Darkhaven
[Qrew] Leader
Warrior

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

no GoM or AR anywhere. no roamers or anything, what the actual F?

Gates of Madness

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: iLikeRED.7590

iLikeRED.7590

Nice to see ya again DH. The old DH/HoD/GoM days are still some of my favorite WvW memories. Sorry to hear that you lost some guilds. We have lost quite a few ourselves so the ratio will probably be about the same.

I’ve been in HoD for months and that would be a dream matchup to fight in .

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

All our other guilds hide in PvE……..Only Abys and SE would tough it out against the hardest of opponents. And they are sick of being the only guilds doing so.

This is the absolute wrong way to try and build server cohesion. The hardcore WvWs are in many guilds, obviously no one can field the same numbers as those two. If you start lumping people together like that kitten you may push more guilds away.

DH Yak’s Bend – Perfect Dark [PD]
Dr Hoppenheimer – Engi / Meowzir – Guard /
Mulcibur Nox – Ele / Mr Directed – Mes

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

oh for crying out loud shut up about Abys and SE. -.-

On a side note i’m annoyed with this game so taking a break for a while. be back in a couple weeks. later

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Prosecutor.1457

Prosecutor.1457

lol threatening a server that can barely get 20+ in one spot with a 60+ zerg for a week straight seems a little pathetic to me if ur as good as u say y would u need 60+ to hold down gom. i still remember the days of killing [SE] when i was on NSP (that laugh spam as u run away is so good) i still remember u [SE] mesmer that changed his build 4 times against my thief and still lost every fight then joined my party and started to cry. lol good times

Ah, the days of beating NSP to a pulp. Those were the days indeed. If killing 1 [SE] member makes you feel proud, then so be it.

There are many PvE guilds “supposedly willing to step” when we left. Yet, I have not heard of them attempting WvW yet. So please, WvW is about numbers, coverage and amongst other things. But mainly, if you don’t have them, then too bad. Don’t cry when we outnumber because SBI is doing the same with 3 WvW guilds vs [SE].

Prosecute, lvl 80 Guardian
Leader of Side Effect, [SE]
Tarnished Coast

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Will DH just stop crying over losing [SE] and [Abys]? You guys still have the far greater number in comparison to AR and GOM.

It’s not like you guys lost up to 10 guilds, including your only largest server guild, and lost 90% of your former wvw population, and taking a dramatic fall from t5, when we could still go head to head with head with SBI, to last place.

So the kittens in DH, stop crying and man up,.

btw, if they transferred to SBI, they would love it there. OMG, they are soooo OP now…. They are definitely a t3 server or maybe even t2…

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quednau.7390

Quednau.7390

All our other guilds hide in PvE……..Only Abys and SE would tough it out against the hardest of opponents. And they are sick of being the only guilds doing so.

This is the absolute wrong way to try and build server cohesion. The hardcore WvWs are in many guilds, obviously no one can field the same numbers as those two. If you start lumping people together like that kitten you may push more guilds away.

Darkhaven
[Qrew] Leader
Warrior

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quednau.7390

Quednau.7390

Im just saying whats true. we aren’t going to rebuild our server overnight. but DH will find itself again and smaller guilds will soon start rising to the challenge. with help of swift Bane has became a popular wvw guild lately and we are getting many new commanders still learning.. This matchup will bring our confidence back up and we’ll find away to get our WvW back on track.

Darkhaven
[Qrew] Leader
Warrior

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Mepheles.2087

Until then we will do what we can.

Gates of Madness

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

this is t8 not t5. welcome.

both servers are pretty depleted to the point which you do not ACTUALLY understand, arbys and se leaving dont begin to touch what ar or maybe even gom have gone through in recent history; Cant really speak for gom but they’ve looked better i can say that for sure, but when we’re constantly steamrolled and spawn camped every half hour by overwhelming numbers, not trying to even keep it competitive, yea… this is what the week is going to be like.

hope you like pve, cause you’ll probably be doing it by tuesday..

If you want to split that zombie heard up and focus on not trying to wipe a group of 15 with a group of 60 every time then i’m sure you’ll get a better response out of us. gotta adjust to your tier. we started strong but when you keep rolling the herd and keeping it uncompetitive, i think most of us said eff it. and let you have your candy like the spoiled kid.

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

(edited by Steve Whitley.8359)

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Mepheles.2087

both servers are pretty depleted to the point which you do not ACTUALLY understand, arbys and se leaving dont begin to touch what ar or maybe even gom have gone through in recent history; Cant really speak for gom but they’ve looked better i can say that for sure, but when we’re constantly steamrolled and spawn camped every half hour by overwhelming numbers, not trying to even keep it competitive, yea… this is what the week is going to be like.

If you want to split that zombie heard up and focus on not trying to wipe a group of 15 with a group of 60 every time then i’m sure you’ll get a better response out of us. gotta adjust to your tier. we started strong but when you keep rolling the herd and keeping it uncompetitive, i think most of us said eff it. and let you have your candy like the spoiled kid.

Whoa man…. calm down… O.o… I rarely roll with more than 5, unless we need to clean up our BL… which is why I asked where all the roamers are… so just settle down…

Edit: Scratch that, I’ve been walking around alone through all 3 bls and the only decent fight I had was with some GoM that were coming out of vale in our BL but then people left and we were outnumbered by them, and then they got bored and left and then it was just me. That was much earlier in the day btw.

Gates of Madness

(edited by Mepheles.2087)

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

QFT. I can only take so much. I lost count of how many times I would run out there, down a dude or three and then 5-10 more would come around the corner and they would all dance on my corpse.

I have never seen a server so dedicated to zerging I’ve also never seen you win an even fight (which are few and far between because your dudes always run to your zerg).

I would ask the same though TBH. Where are the small scale roamers on DH? It’s a running joke. If I see a DH he’s running to a bigger group of DH. If a gank a guy I can expect about 5-100 to turn around the corner unless I caught him far away from his zerg. Worst part is is that once you get the numbers you get the balls to try to chase me down.

This isn’t just one or two instances. This is totally systemic and universal. Your zergs are impressively disorganized and your general play is pretty bad. But by god you sure have a lot of people.

When I down 3 people in a 1v3, do me a favor and just let me kill them OK? I’m finding it hard to justify going to wvw when I get mowed down before finishing the nubs I just pwnt

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Qualamala Lumpa.9832

Qualamala Lumpa.9832

I’m going to come out here and say that DH (from what I’ve seen in the past two days) cannot fight….at all…..Now, I’m not trying to be offensive here, I’m simply stating observations. Sunday night. We had a GoM group of maybe 20 guys retaking our side of EB. Let me tell you how it played out. The 20 or so GoM managed to break into the lord’s room of our keep. Now, DH had a zerg there of maybe somewhere between 30 – 40, probably closer to 30. On top of this, they had the invincibility of the keep lord, and ac’s…..GoM managed to kill all of DH, while we were continuously being pelted by the invinci-lord. Why did GoM win this battle? The DH players we fought were absolutely terrible. I’m sure this isn’t a server wide thing for DH, but those 30+ I fought were something horrid. Later, as we were defending a tower which DH had already broken into by the time we got there, we had a group of 10 or so against a group of approximately 18 – 25 DH…..once again, we won. From what I’ve seen, DH relies solely on zerging and the players I’ve fought have been hopeless beyond belief. Clearly, numbers are the only thing on your side. Once again, I’ll reiterate, I’m not attempting to blatantly attack DH with my comments, simply observing their ‘tactical’ WvW performance.

The Immortal O N E S [LIVE] | Server: GoM

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Torry.1576

Torry.1576

I’m going to come out here and say that DH (from what I’ve seen in the past two days) cannot fight….at all…..Now, I’m not trying to be offensive here, I’m simply stating observations. Sunday night. We had a GoM group of maybe 20 guys retaking our side of EB. Let me tell you how it played out. The 20 or so GoM managed to break into the lord’s room of our keep. Now, DH had a zerg there of maybe somewhere between 30 – 40, probably closer to 30. On top of this, they had the invincibility of the keep lord, and ac’s…..GoM managed to kill all of DH, while we were continuously being pelted by the invinci-lord. Why did GoM win this battle? The DH players we fought were absolutely terrible. I’m sure this isn’t a server wide thing for DH, but those 30+ I fought were something horrid. Later, as we were defending a tower which DH had already broken into by the time we got there, we had a group of 10 or so against a group of approximately 18 – 25 DH…..once again, we won. From what I’ve seen, DH relies solely on zerging and the players I’ve fought have been hopeless beyond belief. Clearly, numbers are the only thing on your side. Once again, I’ll reiterate, I’m not attempting to blatantly attack DH with my comments, simply observing their ‘tactical’ WvW performance.

lmao.. im spawn farming GoM and AR with 15-20 ppl right now and GoM 25+ and AR has 30+ and yet im mopping the floor with all of u guys……. HAHAHAHA

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Qualamala Lumpa.9832

Qualamala Lumpa.9832

lmao.. im spawn farming GoM and AR with 15-20 ppl right now and GoM 25+ and AR has 30+ and yet im mopping the floor with all of u guys……. HAHAHAHA

Wow! You can spawn camp? Congratulations! ^Confetti^ Once again, showing DH’s true skill.

The Immortal O N E S [LIVE] | Server: GoM

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: DaMikenatr.7041

DaMikenatr.7041

Well, I do know that we have a lot of zerging going on and have unfortunately noticed spawn camping, but I roam around solo all the time on DH BL. I’ve dueled a ton of GoM folks these past two nights and have a ton of fun. Namely [RH], [FGJ], and [IP] which were all quite a bit of fun. If you’re looking for duels you can often find me in the south area of DH BL during the U.S. night time. Just give me a bow and we’ll give it a go!

Attachments:

Tsyborg – human guardian – commander
Vicious Instinct [VI]

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lucente.5071

Lucente.5071

Was fun dueling you tonight. Shame it ended in a draw.

Corrupted Moneybagz – Thief / Moneyz – Warrior
[vT] Violent Tendencies

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Colt.9051

Colt.9051

Well, I do know that we have a lot of zerging going on and have unfortunately noticed spawn camping, but I roam around solo all the time on DH BL. I’ve dueled a ton of GoM folks these past two nights and have a ton of fun. Namely [RH], [FGJ], and [IP] which were all quite a bit of fun. If you’re looking for duels you can often find me in the south area of DH BL during the U.S. night time. Just give me a bow and we’ll give it a go!

I wanted to duel you again as well but I let others get the chance before me, but by then you left, haha. I’m pretty sure we’ll meet up again soon enough, as I usually roam BL maps at night anyways xD Nothin against u guys when me, my guildie roam buddy and Ororo (The [IP] mesmer) trioed Briar, but we simply took it mainly to bring some DH over since we were seeing nothing camp capping and they didnt disappoint tonight! :P Lookin forward to moar fights!

Daeaera ~ Leader of Grape Justice! [FGJ]

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Please learn how to count mate.

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Steve Whitley.8359

just make sure to get your transfer in before the deadline, because servers like that down here (assuming that’s where you’ll be for league play) just dont last… what goes around comes around. I know it doesnt seem like it right now cause you’re on the bottom rung of the ladder, and we’re all off doing something else, and you’re picking off the low hanging fruit who’ll stay there at spawn and try to get the keep back at the door until it actually turns blue/red/green (oblivious to map chat saying come do this/that/follow commander whatever)… so gjhf enjoy what seems like a victory. perhaps you and the ppl out at spawn have a lot in common might want to party w/ them and strike up a riveting conversation about algerbra?

secessit viri bellatores

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

AR, I really like fighting against ya. Yeah, yeah, none of us on DH can press buttons but regardless a lot of your guild groups have my respect (Im lookin at you ZERO).

DH is obviously in a different place right now, but we are simply not as bad off as many want to make it (both those who are still here, and those who transferred off). The most damaging thing for our server right now is focusing on guilds that are no longer here.

Henosis [ONE], starting around league time, will be recruiting new members. However, it is specifically a different guild than your usual. We will only be accepting new players, and those willing to help new players learn the ropes of WvW. If we can get the server to get behind this sort of cohesive movement, we could really be on to something. There will be high turnover to more “serious” guilds, but people are always welcome to stay and teach others as well.

It would be a boot camp guild of sorts, where the people are not afraid to ask questions and the more experienced players are not opposed to helping them. We will see how it all goes, but for those on DH.. lets just remember that experience is what we make of it. We can learn from the past, and try something new or continue down the same path that we ALL know ends up in the same place.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mariticide.1970

Mariticide.1970

When you get rolled by 30+ when you have a group of 1-3 it becomes not fun and we find something else to do. In addition, spawn camping us with more than 5x our number does not induce more people to come WvW. You literally zerged your opponents away, so your complaints are your own servers doing. Sorry.

Mariticide – Anvil Rock
Guardian – [KAOS] – Killing as Organized Sport
Personal Guild – [BOOK] – Librarians Anonymous

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

When you get rolled by 30+ when you have a group of 1-3 it becomes not fun and we find something else to do. In addition, spawn camping us with more than 5x our number does not induce more people to come WvW. You literally zerged your opponents away, so your complaints are your own servers doing. Sorry.

To be fair, I have seen this from every server in the match up, and every match up I have ever been in. I have seen 30+ zergs from every server here, though I would say that DH has more presence and coverage (an opinion derived from the score).

I have seen this happen against every server and from every server. And as someone who frequently solo roams, I tend to be outnumbered most of the time.

Its just wvw, I really dont think it is specific to any server. I am still finding plenty of solo roamers, but most from AR tend to be opportunistic in a negative fashion. I like a good fight, where everyone knows whats going on before it happens. I cant tell you the number of times I have downed an AR player and didnt stomp them (I consider it respectful) only to have them and some buddies immediately hunt me down.

Same goes for every server I have ever played against. If I have a good fight, I just wont stomp/stake my opponent. To most, I guess that is a green light to gang up and spam /laugh.

Dems da breaks. Its just how it goes in a large and competitive social environment. I dont think you can blame it on any server, but in the system which we all reside.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: totalpwnage.6534

totalpwnage.6534

Solo defended GoM BL Bay against a group of 20-30 GoM for ~40 minutes. You ended up having to treb from the outer plateau, so ha. Anyways, was a good long siege so congratulations on finally capping it

Happylittlevegemite of Darkhaven
Quick Load [LOAD]

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mariticide.1970

Mariticide.1970

To be fair, I have seen this from every server in the match up, and every match up I have ever been in. I have seen 30+ zergs from every server here, though I would say that DH has more presence and coverage (an opinion derived from the score).

I have seen this happen against every server and from every server. And as someone who frequently solo roams, I tend to be outnumbered most of the time.

Its just wvw, I really dont think it is specific to any server. I am still finding plenty of solo roamers, but most from AR tend to be opportunistic in a negative fashion. I like a good fight, where everyone knows whats going on before it happens. I cant tell you the number of times I have downed an AR player and didnt stomp them (I consider it respectful) only to have them and some buddies immediately hunt me down.

Same goes for every server I have ever played against. If I have a good fight, I just wont stomp/stake my opponent. To most, I guess that is a green light to gang up and spam /laugh.

Dems da breaks. Its just how it goes in a large and competitive social environment. I dont think you can blame it on any server, but in the system which we all reside.

Perhaps the system is to blame. However, I have been playing GW2 for about 4 months now, and I can’t remember a time where AR had a zerg or numbers advantage. (EDIT: I chose the server randomly, I regret not doing research as I bought this game for the WvW combat system). This must predate me. All I know is, my playstyle of small group play is currently impossible in this matchup environment because the one time I have been able to significantly play WvW, AR has been outmanned everywhere, the whole map was green, and anytime I tried to do anything, including taking a camp, I was hit by more than 20.

I know it happens, and you guys are a much higher tier. It is also something we are going to have to get used to when leagues come. Perhaps I will just have to find something else to do during these times. I’ll play it by ear.

Mariticide – Anvil Rock
Guardian – [KAOS] – Killing as Organized Sport
Personal Guild – [BOOK] – Librarians Anonymous

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

Perhaps the system is to blame. However, I have been playing GW2 for about 4 months now, and I can’t remember a time where AR had a zerg or numbers advantage. (EDIT: I chose the server randomly, I regret not doing research as I bought this game for the WvW combat system). This must predate me. All I know is, my playstyle of small group play is currently impossible in this matchup environment because the one time I have been able to significantly play WvW, AR has been outmanned everywhere, the whole map was green, and anytime I tried to do anything, including taking a camp, I was hit by more than 20.

I know it happens, and you guys are a much higher tier. It is also something we are going to have to get used to when leagues come. Perhaps I will just have to find something else to do during these times. I’ll play it by ear.

Well, its all about selectivity. There have been plenty of encounters where I was either by myself or a few other people and we were constantly zerged over by either AR or GoM. Its just how it goes in mass scale pvp.

Now, speaking overall, DH does have a numbers advantage, but a severe organizational disadvantage. We also seem to have an enormous amount of new players. I think something a lot of people lose sight of is that there is a constant flow of new players to all servers, and I constantly see on DH things like “you should know this,” etc. From other servers, it comes in the form of “none of you can fight! you all suck!”

Some people have played a lot more than me, but I have been on DH from very close to the start (couple days after release I transferred) and have about 25k wvw kills. Nothing to brag about, but its enough to have seen quite a few patterns repeat.

Small group play is very, very difficult in a mass scale PvP environment, and even more so with the limitations and restrictions that Anet has in place. Everything from AoE limits to “zerg rewards” all cater to a specific type of play, so that is exactly what you will see. Many people claim they only care about good fights, but most are more concerned with winning than losing in any context.

Hope to see ya out there.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Mepheles.2087

When we fought SBI, or CD, we didn’t stop roaming because they had 20-30 roaming the BL. I didn’t at least. There are still a few of us who want to fight a good fight without the zerg on our tails, and apparently, AR and GoM have no spine to do so, so they go do something else. last time I saw GoM was the group from BLK .Hell earlier on Friday we had to force a fight outside of the walls of your keep by killing some lone players who came by and hoping they would bring help, there were two of us.It’s kind of pathetic. You whine so much about numbers, numbers, numbers. Is that always gonna be your excuse to sit outside the WvW gates when you come up against the server that has more players than you.

Honestly, I don’t know why I’m saying this. If you don’t wanna come out and fight, it’s not our problem. I wanted some roamers to come out and fight, and I ask whats up, you guys go off on a tandem about something I didn’t even mention…. Jesus Christ…

And Torry don’t spawn farm, it makes our server look like an kitten, and it reflects poorly on you and your guild. How do we get them to come out and do something if we keep them trapped?

Gates of Madness

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Steve Whitley.8359

Whoa man…. calm down… O.o… I rarely roll with more than 5, unless we need to clean up our BL… which is why I asked where all the roamers are… so just settle down…

not being overly excited brother (nor am i trying to be rude or anything), just trying to explain how it works down here.

i was out taking wc w/ 4 the other day, when 3 players couldn’t take us, the entire server wiped us then proceeded to move to our corner of eb and wipe it for the 4th time that night, right after they did it to gom. they stuck around and camped us like the person in this thread is talking about. while i can see some 5/10 man crew coming to take out a couple superior ballistas and a treb dug into rogues with a mesmer, theif and 2 guardians, but the whole server seems a bit overkill dont you think? we didn’t even have wc at 50% at the time.

haven’t met you guys in a while, but when gom was healthier they did the same sort of thing, and when sf was healthier so did they, so all i’m saying is that when you’re server is depleted of players as ours has been, and this sort of thing has become the norm, you either get totally frustrated, or you chalk it up to “just another week of some server thinking they can karma train us all week.” the best strategy to defeat that… is to just not play their game. pretty frustrating from the other server perspective isn’t it… well so is losing all your property to a server who wont diversify their zerg or play competitively and spawn camps, and, and constantly rolls over blue then red then borderlands then… 24/7, so, not trying to be an kitten , just saying. if that’s how you want to play, enjoy the pugs, cause that’s probably all that’ll show up this week. i’d rather have another good competitive matchup this week personally.

we’re in the process of trying to rebuild our server and that kind of junk doesn’t help build morale or server points (which we still get because you were ranked #16 coming into this match up so we just get to bleed points off ya by taking camps all week anyway, thx).

secessit viri bellatores

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Mepheles.2087

Which is honestly all I asked, because the guys above me are talking about 60 man zergs…. which we haven’t had in weeks, which means our fairweathers came out to play. We know how GoM and AR feel, though not to extent you have, we have faced outmanned in EB, and our own bl. And had to trail behind the strongest of the two other servers, taking all our stuff back while trying to keep what we already had. People stopped playing, and then it was only the regular 20 or 30 of us who came in every day to put up some sort of resistance. All I’m saying is don’t blame it on numbers is the reason you stopped coming, because thats a terrible excuse. Quitting is quitting no matter how you try to rationalize it, and even if you only take camps, or ninja the lone tower, it’s SOMETHING.

Gates of Madness

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalorian.1935

Kalorian.1935

Here is my take. No server has inherently better players than another. Every server has a range of players spanning from really new or unskilled to the guys who spent hours perfecting their build and know it inside and out. For those saying DH is the zergiest/worst server they’ve ever seen, I have to chuckle because it is the same thing people on DH were saying about CD the two weeks in a row we faced them before this match-up. CD in turn told DH to quit whining because this was nothing compared to how bad they got zergged by TC the week before. I think if we’re all honest with ourselves, what we are really kitten ed about is facing a server who has way more people on than ours does.

Regarding roaming, small group, zerg mix….it seems to me every server has a relative handful of people who enjoy roaming and small group play and everyone else sort of just heads to the nearest commander tag, which, given enough people, becomes a zerg. I think most people who aren’t in organized WvW guilds just do it because they aren’t sure what else to do or what they can do by themselves.

I think we all need to face the fact that WvW is just kind of broken due to server participation imbalance and because it encourages the zerg style play because a) new/casual players don’t know what else to do and b) the reward structure is all about capturing as many things as you can as fast as you can. There’s no sense beating one another up on the forums when the real problem is over at Arena Net HQ.

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

And just for example, we are currently outmanned (DH) in EB right now. Pretty heavily outnumbered by AR, probably by 3/4:1.

The door swings both ways.

I dont think you guys on AR are giving yourselves enough credit, honestly. You fight hard, you seem to have plenty of people in your prime time, and you use great strategy.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Steve Whitley.8359

@meph, its not quitting. its the recognition of the brick wall when you hit it, and when to stop running at it. not much we can do to stop the brick wall from being there at this point know what i’m saying? kind of pointless for us to try and be competitive against that. wait out the storm kind of thing. we all love wvw, just kind of pointless to play when the herd is stampeding.

when you play in the mid tiers there’s fluctuation from week to week. you move up and down, may get matched up with someone else, but here… when you’re the last place server… there’s only the servers who come down to play you. pretty guaranteed that they’re all going to have more players than you (at least during na prime time), you’re never going to be green, and you’re going to be the underdog. both servers are going to target you because you’re the low hanging fruit; easy points, they’re going to camp your borderland, stay in your corner of eb and trying to move out offensively is going to be next to impossible unless you can gain some sort of numbers. that’s from servers that are somewhat close in rank to you. now you get some server that’s 7 places up the chain from you come down… pretty much everybody is ready for next week on reset. When that server just starts karma training the server like they have no skill and nothing better to do… well then the server thinks, yep, we can find other things to do this week i guess; we’ll bleed points off them just by them being here; its all good. and they move on.

if our na day time / oceanic players can pull our score ahead and make it look like we’re in the game this week, then our na prime time players may jump in and have a go at the brick wall that is that zombie heard, we’ll see.

secessit viri bellatores

(edited by Steve Whitley.8359)

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: OZFugazi.6178

OZFugazi.6178

:)

A rank 16 server.. vs rank 21 and 23 respectively. now. what does anyone expect. This is not about ability nor skill, its about numbers. Its irrelevant to suggest anything else, DH should be matched a wee bit closer than a 5 and 7 spread. Keep in mind that when GoM, FC, and AR were matched, (wk 36) it was VERY close and extremely fun.

@meph. I respect your “roamer” mentality. But when you have the masses looking for any fight.. (keyword any). even an organized gvg at the mill will get steamrolled.

AR and GoM have been decimated by in-server losses. And probably for the best, as they will now build stronger and the movement will be worth that effort (grats to AR moving to #23!). But expecting any kind of challenge to your masses is silly. Our server challenges come from the bottom 5 servers. atm. And some of the best players I have seen also play on those servers.

Worse.. is the DH wvw culture (generalized I know). I can not express how many times I’ve been sit on or danced on or laughed at by the DH masses, simply for trying to accommodate that ego. AR comes to fight and take on most any challenge.. (and I’m sure the same be said about the Mad).. but when your outnumbered and being kittend at the same time.. well.. a 5 vs 30 rumble followed by corpse sitting.. haha.. yeah.

soon enough it will be back to “normal” and we can have our decent, somewhat equal, mutual respected fights and not 15 replies as to why Abyss and SE are no longer with DH. And DH can finally have a counter to its masses.

all the best
oz

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

And just for example, we are currently outmanned (DH) in EB right now. Pretty heavily outnumbered by AR, probably by 3/4:1.

The door swings both ways.

I dont think you guys on AR are giving yourselves enough credit, honestly. You fight hard, you seem to have plenty of people in your prime time, and you use great strategy.

Yea that didn’t last long. You just took SM with about 5x the numbers we have on the entire map.

The door swings one way for one hour a day then comes flying back at us with the force of a thousand uplevel zerglings who /dance on our corpses.

Such a shame. There’s nothing you can do against that many players when you have so few yourself. I saw your zerg build a superior catapult under 10 guys aoeing the kitten out of the blueprint and we didn’t kill a single one because we reached the AoE cap so easy (my bleeds were ticking for 185).

Whenever I see a DH I know he’s heading towards the zerg. Nothing is done without your zergs

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

(edited by Ostricheggs.3742)

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Mepheles.2087

The brick wall hits everyone sooner or later. The game is pretty much what? 2 years old? or coming close. It’s been a few months since I came to DH, and my first memory is us being spawned camped by SF. Then later we started winning heavily. then we moved up tiers, started getting steamrolled for weeks, and now it looks like we are coming full circle. Some circles may be larger than others, but eventually you guys will have your time in the sunshine, and who knows Blackgate may someday be where you guys are. The brick wall is just that. A wall. All walls crumble with time, so we patiently chip away at the wall until that time comes. I just hate the doom and gloom of the lower tier servers.

Gates of Madness

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

You’re gonna make me work for this aren’t you, you little Speedy Gonzales…

http://youtu.be/2AU7VxAi_gk

xD

I have no sister (irl at least) so I’m safe. I think our Timezones are too different, even if we play in NA

I’ve been busy the last couple of days. I did pop in for a bit on Saturday afternoon, but that’s it.

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Mepheles.2087

xD

I have no sister (irl at least) so I’m safe. I think our Timezones are too different, even if we play in NA

I’ve been busy the last couple of days. I did pop in for a bit on Saturday afternoon, but that’s it.

I was leveling a guardian at the time, so… oh well.

Gates of Madness

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: bleach.9074

bleach.9074

How to rebuild your server after a mass exodus:

1) Get a lot of recruits.
2) Train them.
3) …
4) Profit!

Don’t hate on DH for already being on step 2 while you guys struggle with step 1.

[XSV] SMASH!

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eridon.3184

Eridon.3184

That fight by vale was pretty fun. I was the Guardian from [ICON] trying to avoid all those hammer stuns, we were running a 4 man with the tag [DR]. Worst part was that all the Dh left after we baited you guy closer to our spawn for a fighting chance. We will be off on a tandum all week, hopefully get some more exciting encounters

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Mepheles.2087

How to rebuild your server after a mass exodus:

1) Get a lot of recruits.
2) Train them.
3) …
4) Profit!

Don’t hate on DH for already being on step 2 while you guys struggle with step 1.

I didn’t even know we got recruits. We are a PVE server mainly.

Gates of Madness

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

xD

Attachments:

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

Yea that didn’t last long. You just took SM with about 5x the numbers we have on the entire map.

The door swings one way for one hour a day then comes flying back at us with the force of a thousand uplevel zerglings who /dance on our corpses.

Such a shame. There’s nothing you can do against that many players when you have so few yourself. I saw your zerg build a superior catapult under 10 guys aoeing the kitten out of the blueprint and we didn’t kill a single one because we reached the AoE cap so easy (my bleeds were ticking for 185).

Whenever I see a DH I know he’s heading towards the zerg. Nothing is done without your zergs

This is how it is in pretty much every tier except for tier 1. There are matches where you are outnumbered and matches where you do the outnumbering. While the numbers may be different from tier to tier, proportionally it is exactly the same experience.

The matches that are the roughest are the ones where you get no momentum at any point during the week, even for the briefest moments.

On a funny note, I was there when that was happening, and said “acs can hit there.” Dunno why they didnt try for siege from ogreswatch. It happened twice in the past little bit.

I still have found plenty of great matches roaming, especially with a lot of players from AR. Zergs do tend to stick to the main arteries through the map, so I find the best way to avoid it (either your own or the enemies zerg) and find some great small fights is to take the paths less traveled.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Steve Whitley.8359

ok meph… let me know how it goes…

lets say tomorrow was reset, bottom of the server system was your server (meaning there’s no moving down to catch a break every now and then). you’re matched up, bp and jq… for the foreseeable future, that sort of combination would be all you would ever see: you, some comparably matched server, and a random t1 server. you guys gonna come out in force and keep them at bay 24/7 or are you going to try to adapt your play style to keep up with the massive na presence, the massive oceanic presence (not trying to compare you guys to jq but you get me)? might you even just take a break and let them cap everything, get bored and run off, on the off chance you might come in, and find the place emtpy to steal a few ticks? might want to chew on that for a minute. would have never crossed my mind before we got down here either.

secessit viri bellatores

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: DaMikenatr.7041

DaMikenatr.7041

I think the entire point of this thread is that the server balance and match up system is a bit ridiculous. Being a DH player, we know it’s not easy getting stomped on when you’re massively outnumbered. I remember the one time we finally moved up a tier and then got rolled by SoS at rank 7 while we were 14. It sucks, but I think we’re just trying to say don’t give up. I’ve met a lot of really good players on both of your servers and I know with time and proper match ups, you guys will move up and gain momentum I know you deserve. And as it’s been mentioned many times, no one likes being overwhelmed by a huge zerg all the time, but it’s not like 1 person gets killed and then whines to the commander to go steam roll them, you’re just in the wrong place at the wrong time and it sucks. As for the corpse dancing.. well, I’ll call my own guildies out if I ever catch them doing it, but it’s hard to speak for an entire server, especially with fairweathers and new players. It’s really not the mature thing to do, but just know that there are still a ton of respectful players on every server.

Finally, AR, I know a lot of us do sympathize with your bottom of the rankings system and hope the best for your strong return that we know is in the making. We’re not purposefully picking on you guys for easy points and I don’t want it to seem that way. However, morale was down after we lost our main WvW guilds and from the moment we left we were stuck getting kittened into oblivion by CD until this match-up so everyone is a little slap happy to finally see some revival in our WvW presence. I know we don’t know what it feels like to never get a break by fighting lower ranked servers, but we do know all the experience and great benefits that come through hardships such as that so please keep your heads up and we hope to see you at an evenly ranked match in the future.

Tsyborg – human guardian – commander
Vicious Instinct [VI]

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalorian.1935

Kalorian.1935

We really do know how you guys feel. Go to http://mos.millenium.org/servers/history/46 and look at 3 of our 5 last weeks before this (37, 36 and 33). This time last week we were down nearly 70k points to CD due to their superior numbers, which is about the same margin AR is down in score compared to DH right now. The situation really is the fault of the broken matchmaking system and the leagues are only going to make it worse. You’re going to match-up against IoJ and Yak’s at least once each in that seven week period and they both have a lot more people than DH. You’ll also have to see DH again, plus Kain which last we saw them had more people than our current numbers. It’s a big mess and it is nobody’s fault but ANet’s.

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Steve Whitley.8359

we’re not asking for pity, we’re doing just fine… its called a change in play style tactics. you’re not going to find a huge mass of players that roll you like cd or tc or any high ranked server.

if you want a fun match up, split the horde. don’t bring the entire server in one place at one time. we weren’t the ones asking were everybody was, weren’t even in this thread complaining about anything. we can weather the storm, makes little difference to us one way or the other; we’d rather be playing but… you know; not against that big ball of hate.

secessit viri bellatores

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

we’re not asking for pity, we’re doing just fine… its called a change in play style tactics. you’re not going to find a huge mass of players that roll you like cd or tc or any high ranked server.

if you want a fun match up, split the horde. don’t bring the entire server in one place at one time. we weren’t the ones asking were everybody was, weren’t even in this thread complaining about anything. we can weather the storm, makes little difference to us one way or the other; we’d rather be playing but… you know; not against that big ball of hate.

There is no pity, at least not from me. I have solely been going into AR territory, and leaving GoM pretty much alone. I enjoy fighting folks from AR, on average, so that is where I go.

That said, it may make a little more sense if you understand that DH frequently only has one commander on. Some times, there is only one commander on in any map and sometimes none at all.

So, when you have a large portion of times when there is only one commander, that is where a lot of people flock to. I know we lost some, but I think that a lot of commanders arent tagging up anymore as well. I have yet to see a queue even on EB in the past few weeks, though I am sure there have been times when there is one. Our wvw is mainly made up of disparate parts, and there are not a whole lot of large guild groups right now. So, it makes it tougher to split up if you arent just roaming.

Its just that this is how the rankings system currently works, especially with that RNG component. I reserve judgment on the league system until we see it in action, but I have my doubts. I would love to see a meaningful solution that could efficiently compensate for population and coverage differences in WvW.

Almost every single NA match is exactly the same as this one. But as far as AR is concerned, I think you guys have a lot of promise as a server in the future. You have a great core, and once the numbers start to fill out, you are going to be a formidable server. DH has a bit of the opposite issues, where we are working on getting a solid core.

In my experience, this is how a lot of the matches play out nowadays. So, I guess I just look to other areas of focus, like constant improvement and learning.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Steve Whitley.8359

…Some times, there is only one commander on in any map

lol, wherever the confusion may lie, i don’t think it’s on gom/ar side on this point. thus, the comments about entire server running around in one big huddled mass…

ar frequently runs commanderless (until recently i guess), and does fine organizationally through map / party / guild chat and ts even though we’ll have a number of untagged commanders on the map.

secessit viri bellatores

9/20 DH/GoM/AR

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

lol, wherever the confusion may lie, i don’t think it’s on gom/ar side on this point. thus, the comments about entire server running around in one big huddled mass…

ar frequently runs commanderless (until recently i guess), and does fine organizationally through map / party / guild chat and ts even though we’ll have a number of untagged commanders on the map.

You are just repeating what I am saying

DH needs to work on their core for the reasons stated above, which is exacerbated by the reasons stated above. AR has a good core for the reasons stated above, and only need some numbers/coverage for the reasons stated above.

Matchmaking system leads to these disparities in score (as you can see in almost every NA matchup this week), and all servers at these tiers have room for improvement.

Agree/disagree? We can try from there.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET