9/27 AR/ET/HoD

9/27 AR/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

Oh sorry. I’ve only ran into KAOS in a roaming capacity, thought they were that type of guild.

mah bad

I can’t really speak for KAOS, but I know some of the guys relatively well, and my post above explains why many of us are really kitten ed at this matchup, even more so than usual. Even for roamers, we all have a vested interest in seeing AR succeed, and this kind of stuff makes people rage.

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

(edited by Opc.4718)

9/27 AR/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Redgrass.3067

Redgrass.3067

AR has the weakest coverage.

HoD and ET prefer to fight us vs each other.

There has been nothing but waypoints in HoD and ET all week.

Cmdr. Sinema Kane-80 Necro
Lil Bully-80 Thief

9/27 AR/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dirac.1307

Dirac.1307

Thanks for the great match this week AR and ET. The last few weeks we’ve been up against much higher ranked servers who only know how to zerg. Any time we went up against similar numbers we dominated, only to be zerged down a little later. This week, its been great to meet some really talented roaming groups from both our opponents. I’ve really enjoyed a lot of those fights.

HoD|The Dark Physics|The Dark Alchemy|King Moustache|[RAWR]

(edited by Dirac.1307)

9/27 AR/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

Oh sorry. I’ve only ran into KAOS in a roaming capacity, thought they were that type of guild.

mah bad

I can’t really speak for KAOS, but I know some of the guys relatively well, and my post above explains why many of us are really kitten ed at this matchup, even more so than usual. Even for roamers, we all have a vested interest in seeing AR succeed, and this kind of stuff makes people rage.

Well, we won’t ever rage quit, we like fights. And KAOS does a lot behind the scenes that a lot of people aren’t aware of. Yes, we roam and have some good roaming players, but if you start to see things change AR color with no zergs in sight, you will possibly catch a glimpse of KAOS in the area. PPT isn’t the guilds end all by any means, but when a strategy that is being exercised is questionable (this being the only end goal is that a server secures second place, but has no chance for first) I just have to bring it up.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

9/27 AR/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: gotem.5284

gotem.5284

Why does KAOS seem to be taking PPT seriously

There’s a difference between taking PPT seriously and getting kitten ed at people who shoot themselves in the foot and ruin the fun for others because they want the easy way out of things. AR is getting locked out by both HoD and ET zergs, which would be fine if ET didn’t spend all their time zerging against AR while they get their stuff taken by HoD. There is absolutely no reason for ET to be zerging AR, no strategic value, no fun, and you’re LOSING points. Enjoy your PvD.

You’re either playing wvw because you’re serious about the game mode and PPT, in which case your tactics are failing hard, or you’re there for the fights, in which case I have no idea why you’re PvDing and avoiding the other server presence on the map. Otherwise you’re there to zerg some wxp, in which case I still have no respect for you taking the easy way out.

This isn’t even a classic “oh they’re ganging up on me” complaint, I get it happens in wvw, this is ET being really stupid ganging up against AR with HoD who is visibly stabbing ET in the back in the meantime, and thus screwing over themselves and doubly screwing over AR.

Of course I’m generalising the server as a whole, and I really can’t blame the clueless pugs or your roamers, but I got a beef with your commanders who do this kind of thing.

Yeah man got to attack HoD matchup ends in a few hours and only down by 70k points… HERE COMES THE TURN AROUND!

Do you even think before you rant like this? I wasn’t even there but common sense would say…

1) Matchup ends tonight
2) ET only has enough for 1 zerg at this time of day (zerg is probably 10-15 people)
3) HoD BL fully upgraded and more HoD running around in our BL
4) AR BL is never upgraded because it flips all the time
5) The zerg not caring about PPT probably just wanted to PvD (which is 99% of golem rushes anyway)

It’s a pretty simple conclusion when you just stop and take 10 seconds to think instead of just rushing here and posting your nonsense.

Ranger and Mesmer
Eredon Terrace

9/27 AR/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mariticide.1970

Mariticide.1970

There’s a difference between taking PPT seriously and getting kitten ed at people who shoot themselves in the foot and ruin the fun for others because they want the easy way out of things. AR is getting locked out by both HoD and ET zergs, which would be fine if ET didn’t spend all their time zerging against AR while they get their stuff taken by HoD. There is absolutely no reason for ET to be zerging AR, no strategic value, no fun, and you’re LOSING points. Enjoy your PvD.

You’re either playing wvw because you’re serious about the game mode and PPT, in which case your tactics are failing hard, or you’re there for the fights, in which case I have no idea why you’re PvDing and avoiding the other server presence on the map. Otherwise you’re there to zerg some wxp, in which case I still have no respect for you taking the easy way out.

This isn’t even a classic “oh they’re ganging up on me” complaint, I get it happens in wvw, this is ET being really stupid ganging up against AR with HoD who is visibly stabbing ET in the back in the meantime, and thus screwing over themselves and doubly screwing over AR.

Of course I’m generalising the server as a whole, and I really can’t blame the clueless pugs or your roamers, but I got a beef with your commanders who do this kind of thing.

Yeah man got to attack HoD matchup ends in a few hours and only down by 70k points… HERE COMES THE TURN AROUND!

Do you even think before you rant like this? I wasn’t even there but common sense would say…

1) Matchup ends tonight
2) ET only has enough for 1 zerg at this time of day (zerg is probably 10-15 people)
5) The zerg not caring about PPT probably just wanted to PvD (which is 99% of golem rushes anyway)

It’s a pretty simple conclusion when you just stop and take 10 seconds to think instead of just rushing here and posting your nonsense.

I greatly appreciate you proving our point. There are people who WvW for fights, people who WvW for PPT and the stratagem, and people who WvW for…..PvDoor grinding for mats. You have shown your purpose, and for that I thank you.

Mariticide – Anvil Rock
Guardian – [KAOS] – Killing as Organized Sport
Personal Guild – [BOOK] – Librarians Anonymous

9/27 AR/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

gotem.5284

1) Matchup ends tonight

I greatly appreciate you proving our point. There are people who WvW for fights, people who WvW for PPT and the stratagem, and people who WvW for…..PvDoor grinding for mats. You have shown your purpose, and for that I thank you.

Yes, every ET member just PvDoors all day; they never look for a fight.

You have caught our dirty little secret.

I was going to make another common sense response but then I realized I’m talking to an idiot.

Ranger and Mesmer
Eredon Terrace

9/27 AR/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

gotem.5284

Anyways back on the topic of Perplexity runes and roaming.

It even features a member of [TFH]!

Ranger and Mesmer
Eredon Terrace

9/27 AR/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Euryon.9248

Euryon.9248

I love how the AR people are putting 100% of the blame for this situation on ET and completely ignoring the massive HoD zergs that are taking everything all the time from both servers.

Face it, ET and AR are MUCH closer in WvW numbers/presence than either is to HoD. This is a case of one huge overdog being able to zerg its way to whatever it wants. It’s an exercise in frustration and futility to constantly send 5-10 man groups into HoD BL or the EB only to be annihilated by 40-man HoD zergs. It’s a waste of time and sanity. Going into AR at least gives us a chance to gain PPT and more even matchups. I’m not into WvW to pound my head against the brick wall of the overlord zergs, and therefore I’m not apologizing one iota for going into the AR BL instead.

9/27 AR/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Battlecamp, please go sleep… We don’t like your golem rushes…

Attachments:

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

9/27 AR/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: iLikeRED.7590

iLikeRED.7590

Battlecamp, please go sleep… We don’t like your golem rushes…

not battlecamp its sinesters haha!

9/27 AR/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

Actually… AR side was started by 3 VLK members getting annoyed we couldn’t find any fights till the very end in like a 3v6-7… We thought that would draw people in.. apparently not.

On a side note.. I kitten my pants laughing on the OP fireworks video.

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

9/27 AR/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

I love how the AR people are putting 100% of the blame for this situation on ET and completely ignoring the massive HoD zergs that are taking everything all the time from both servers.

Face it, ET and AR are MUCH closer in WvW numbers/presence than either is to HoD. This is a case of one huge overdog being able to zerg its way to whatever it wants. It’s an exercise in frustration and futility to constantly send 5-10 man groups into HoD BL or the EB only to be annihilated by 40-man HoD zergs. It’s a waste of time and sanity. Going into AR at least gives us a chance to gain PPT and more even matchups. I’m not into WvW to pound my head against the brick wall of the overlord zergs, and therefore I’m not apologizing one iota for going into the AR BL instead.

No, and in reality it is ET that stated that the issue is because AR doesn’t defend against ET + HoD combined in ARBL, when situation reversed ET could not defend against constant pressure from both servers either. So please, as hard as it is to do, lower your hypocrisy level just a bit.

Let me sum up your post, you are in WvW for karma and mats and will avoid fights because they are hard. (And don’t fool yourself into thinking ET cannot put together absolutely huge zerg trains, they do it quite often, and the few I have seen are actually quite a bit larger than HoDs.)

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

9/27 AR/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drein.3271

Drein.3271

No, and in reality it is ET that stated that the issue is because AR doesn’t defend against ET + HoD combined in ARBL, when situation reversed ET could not defend against constant pressure from both servers either. So please, as hard as it is to do, lower your hypocrisy level just a bit.

Let me sum up your post, you are in WvW for karma and mats and will avoid fights because they are hard. (And don’t fool yourself into thinking ET cannot put together absolutely huge zerg trains, they do it quite often, and the few I have seen are actually quite a bit larger than HoDs.)

Well we did try our best to defend our BL as a priority tho. Even from constant pressure from hod and ar. Which happens yesterday and 8 hours ago where hod huge zerg tries to get our bay. And huge fight ensues. Oh the other side of the map AR hits some tower. Some towers were taken but it was a great defence. Props to hod too.

Now i frankly almost never see a huge zerg trains from et which is even larger than hod. Except perhaps on weekend primetime? Never had to queue in ET

Dreisner – commander thief, Venalis Dreis – Warrior
[CM] [SOL]
Eredon Terrace

9/27 AR/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

Good fight with DC just now in AR BL (between bluevale and green spawn).

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

9/27 AR/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: OZFugazi.6178

OZFugazi.6178

hi..

just wanted to say thank you to all that participated in this weeks matchup! with only one hour to go till reset and the new league system coming on (so many changes) its good to know that the fights still remain strong in the lower tiers. lower being AR and ET. HoD was simply the numbers giant this go round but some good fights when the odds were even/close. cheers!

hopefully this next matchup will be a wee bit closer matched. I know AR would like to see something to a bottom 5 area instead of two weeks of T15 and T18. Painful last couple of weeks.. BUT.

Heres to AR for staying at 23! Almost made 22! Good job all the way around, from everyone. We stayed in the green 90% of the time this week on avg in ppt evolution. In other words we have shown 2 weeks of productive consistency. Even against heavy odds.

ET! you played well. You lost a spot dropping to t21. I have to think that is due to defending your bl, not attacking HoD, and focusing on AR. But hey.. GJ on your fights! Maybe we get the opportunity this week to give it a go again. strong comp. TY.

HoD, well. numbers. haha! no really.. ty all for the great fights and participation. Even though you hit AR and ET fairly hard.. you only managed to stay positive in evolution 1 day this week. today. Lets hope you get better matched this next week. I am sure we will meet again.

again a big TY to all that showed the motivation and dedication to fight the good fight on all sides. and as always..

all the best.
oz

ps. humble opinion.

9/27 AR/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2pvptv/c/3033611

Grand Theft Golem: Anvil Rock’s Revenge

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

9/27 AR/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

1) Matchup ends tonight

Yes, every ET member just PvDoors all day; they never look for a fight.

You have caught our dirty little secret.

I was going to make another common sense response but then I realized I’m talking to an idiot.

I said ET was doing this ALL WEEK. I’m pointing it out now in retrospect with examples. I apologize for not posting this rant at a more convenient time for your liking.

Also, I pointed out I’m deliberately generalizing the server on the whole, because it’s easier to say ET rather than “the commanders of ET who do stupid things like this” every single time. Your commanders certainly show a strong reluctance to engage in real fights, and instead PvD their way to glory. All week. My insult is directed at them specifically, whoever they may be.

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker