9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

Hello FA server,

Thanks to all the fun fights last night from [SG]. Special thanks to the FA guilds on FAbl, [ATK],[CL], and [HOPE] for the brawls.

We’ll be doing [RATS] on Wednesday around 5pm pst if you guys would like to tangle with the madness!?!

Mance

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

This game really needs a /whack it so JQ can at least play with themselves during late night. Hope all your OCX/SEA/EU saved some coin for another transfer cause your gonna be BOOORRREEDD for the next 9 weeks otherwise.

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Esqi.8496

Esqi.8496

Thanks Flake and TKG for the Fights with [NV] FA Oceanics we really enjoyed it. Definitely keen to do that again. For the record I had 34 stacked on me probs 14 in TS but yeah had great fun

:) We had allot of fun, always up for the fights:)

[TKG] Flake

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Robot Chocken.7012

Robot Chocken.7012

I am glad you had fun. That may be the most unorganized golem rush I have ever seen

Hmm-may have been unorganized, but if so what does that say about the defenders then?

We are not that concerned about constant defense right now

Wok, Master Asura of [QT]

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

This game really needs a /whack it so JQ can at least play with themselves during late night. Hope all your OCX/SEA/EU saved some coin for another transfer cause your gonna be BOOORRREEDD for the next 9 weeks otherwise.

Assuming they do random pairing, our league is going to consist of 10 possible matchups. 7 that have at least BG or SoR or both, 2 that include TC (TC/FA, TC/SoS) and 1 matchup that is exactly like this one. So the idea that its going to be weeks and weeks of pvdoor is a little silly.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Super Kruegs.8967

Assuming they do random pairing, our league is going to consist of 10 possible matchups. 7 that have at least BG or SoR or both, 2 that include TC (TC/FA, TC/SoS) and 1 matchup that is exactly like this one. So the idea that its going to be weeks and weeks of pvdoor is a little silly.

Not on TC but from i am seeing you’re not finding fights with what was already a thin late crew anymore i wonder where they all went?

So basically half of the servers you’ll face will be full blown PvD. If you happen to be the T1 kitten that gets into a match up with 2 T2 servers in any given week you’re blowing the hinges off dem doors. But your right you can look forward to MAYBE one good match up in the next 9 weeks of this game totally worth the overstack. T1 needs /whack it trust me I’ve seen it. Blobs attacking innocent deer or hogs because they have nothing left to blob on. Guilds having dance parties on blob lust points, these people deserve a way for W3 to be entertained with no enemies to fight (they are the elite after all). Hey I’m just looking out for you guys and the innocent creatures that inhabit the area.

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

Well in a match with 2 T1 servers, there will still be plenty of fights between the two, which is the relevant discussion here. The argument is that the top 3 are just going to roll over everything and have nothing to do but pvdoor, but if they have a matchup with either of the other two T1 servers, there will most definitely be something to do at all times, especially since theres something at stake in the league. The only time there will be head→desk boredom will be a T1 vs 5 and 6 slots and to a lesser extent T1 vs 4 and 5 or T1 vs 4 and 6 which makes up exactly 30% of the possible matchups.

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: linfurong.9032

linfurong.9032

Well thanks for ruining it for the rest of us because you guys are too worried about the size of your kittens.

Stealthiest britches on FA

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Based on

nPr = n! / (n – r)!
6P3 = 6! / (6 – 3)! = 6! / 3! = (6)(5)(4) = 120

There are a total of 120 possible permutations in the gold league.

But then again my maths is horrible. Can someone confirm if this true?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ghoulina.2976

Ghoulina.2976

Awesome timing on wall upgrades on FA keep in EBG. Watching our zerg get split with half of them stuck in the wall was really amusing.

Mîs: Careful what you say. The moderators are watching, and ignorance is strength.
JQ-80: Mes/Eng/Ele/Thief/Guard/Rang/Nec/War

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Based on

nPr = n! / (n – r)!

Pretty sure the maths works out, it means that the old permutation of JQ/BG/SoR is just as unlikely to pop up as the old TC/FA/SoS matchup. The results going to be pretty predictable imo if the old T2 servers get matched up with the old T1 servers, won’t exactly be as bad a blowout as SoR vs Anvil rock but yeah expect a lot of blowout rounds.

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

Based on

nPr = n! / (n – r)!

Pretty sure the maths works out, it means that the old permutation of JQ/BG/SoR is just as unlikely to pop up as the old TC/FA/SoS matchup. The results going to be pretty predictable imo if the old T2 servers get matched up with the old T1 servers, won’t exactly be as bad a blowout as SoR vs Anvil rock but yeah expect a lot of blowout rounds.

Who says it will be random?

Each server has to face each other server at least once.

FA and SoS and TC would only need to be in a matchup with one or more of JQ/BG/SoR over three weeks. Other four weeks can be SoS FA and TC.

[and there are 10 possible matchup combinations if you ignore borderland colour]

Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Actinotus.6410)

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: junglizm.5843

junglizm.5843

One important lesson learned this matchup: if JQ “roamers” don’t run away from you in a fair fight, that probably means they have a zerg on the way.

dude, jq zerg everywhere

If you think JQ zergs are big, you will be shocked by what SOR and BG run.
They make JQ zergs look tiny.
I really wish people would stop complaining about zergs and just adapt and fight.
I know it’s not always fun to come up against double or triple your numbers, but realize that JQ has been doing this for months. It’s not fun for us either, but it’s better than blowing out two other servers. That is just no fun at all.

This one talks as if we have not witnessed BG and SOR zergs. Map cap is map cap little guy. You have more people in more places. If you guys weren’t all changing servers with each other to get away from the guy with the bigger zergs and actually wanted a challenge, the upcoming league would be in a better place.

But I digress, ZERG ON! More chances for FA to try and pop that 25k WvW XP bottle!

I used to think that FA, TC and whoever is gonna be the new #6 would be better off if you guys balanced yourselves out and transferred down but I doubt you guys could stomach being in the kind of matches we get week in and week out. Not everyone can play on the hardest difficulty in this modern gaming culture where everyone is a winner!

Adapt and fight? LMAO

twitch.tv/junglizm
Accelerant [BURN] – Fort Aspenwood

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Fuzzion.2504

Based on

nPr = n! / (n – r)!

Who says it will be random?

Each server has to face each other server at least once.

FA and SoS and TC would only need to be in a matchup with one or more of JQ/BG/SoR over three weeks. Other four weeks can be SoS FA and TC.

[and there are 10 possible matchup combinations if you ignore borderland colour]

We still need more details as how the matchup.

Knowing Anet, it will be 6 servers using the same type of Glicko + Rng maths but only limited to just this 6 servers.

This will mean global rankings of all 24 servers will still be there but again we ont have the specific detail.

And grats to FA on SM.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Just wanted to express my sincere appreciation to JQ and FA for completely crushing us this week. I have never ridden such a comfortable karma train, it really makes me want to log in and play WvW and fill my inventory with loot. Special thanks to SoS commanders for keeping the zerg moving. I appreciate you.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Sorry i couldn’t command tonight and have a good time like we did monday, i tried my net kept on dcing me if i got anywhere near a zerg.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Everyone was dc-ing on SoSBL not just you rooster. Even JQ was dc-ing apparently.

Thanks for the fights on FA BL, JQ.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

(edited by fishball.7204)

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Everyone was dc-ing on SoSBL not just you rooster. Even JQ was dc-ing apparently.

kitten that’s why everything was fine in JQ bl

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Fuzzion.2504

Welcome Bears to JQ

Attachments:

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

I have 10g in the pot for you to win Gold JQ you better win

Isle Of Janthir

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

yup i DC’d 3 times and had 4 second lag in between that…then I downloaded at 5 MB/Sec so im leaning towards server side issues

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Welcome Bears to JQ

Welcome someone who left Bear you mean.

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

Welcome Bears to JQ

Welcome someone who left SoS you mean.

Fixed :p

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

Welcome Bears to JQ

Welcome someone who applied to BEAR while on JQ.

Sorry for the late correction, didn’t have the whole story at the time.

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

Woops! Tables turned

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

Based on

nPr = n! / (n – r)!

You are counting their color as a possible permutation.

There are 10 possible matchups (listed below for simplicity) with ~60 (poor math being used here) different color combinations possible.

1. 123/456
2. 124/356
3.125/346
4.126/345
5.134/256
6.135/246
7.136/245
8.234/156
9.235/146
10.236/145

(edited by Chris.3290)

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Imalight.6124

Imalight.6124

Based on

nPr = n! / (n – r)!

There are 10 possible matchups (listed below for simplicity) with ~60 (poor math being used here) different color combinations possible.

1. 123/456
2. 124/356
3.125/346
4.126/345
5.134/256
6.135/246
7.136/245
8.234/156
9.235/146
10.236/145

Attachments:

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

Based on

nPr = n! / (n – r)!

1. 123/456
2. 124/356
3.125/346
4.126/345
5.134/256
6.135/246
7.136/245
8.234/156
9.235/146
10.236/145

I was a kitten poor math student, but is it wrong?

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Super Kruegs.8967

So 90% of the weeks one T1 kitten will be blowing hinges off 2 T2s while the other math up in the same week have the third server being blasted in the ground by the other two save PST prime time. Again so worth over stacking.

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: SpitFire.4690

SpitFire.4690

Thank you Fort Aspenwood for the best luxory server we ever came from everything in FA is natural WvWers just ANET mess up the match system.. No Hard Feelings. We will pay what we owe but this is our memories in FA ENJOY

Primordus Virtus [RISE] Prime Leader – Prince Járvan
Our greatest strength lies in never failing,
But we [RISE] each time we fall.

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: SpitFire.4690

SpitFire.4690

Thank you Fort Aspenwood for the best luxory server we ever came from everything in FA is natural WvWers just ANET mess up the match system.. No Hard Feelings. We will pay what we owe but this is our memories in FA ENJOY

Primordus Virtus [RISE] Prime Leader – Prince Járvan
Our greatest strength lies in never failing,
But we [RISE] each time we fall.

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: junglizm.5843

junglizm.5843

Thanks for being a good sport Jarvan. Sorry you guys didn’t find what you were looking for here. Hope you have fun on SOR.

twitch.tv/junglizm
Accelerant [BURN] – Fort Aspenwood

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mushin Tips.1623

Mushin Tips.1623

[NS] – Night Shift mesmer

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seasniffer.1763

Seasniffer.1763

http://emboldcreative.net/jedquarry.gif

Summary of this weeks matchup.

Big Daddy Thorton – GM of Strike Force [SF]
President of Jade Quarry

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Fuzzion.2504

Based on

nPr = n! / (n – r)!

1. 123/456
2. 124/356
3.125/346
4.126/345
5.134/256
6.135/246
7.136/245
8.234/156
9.235/146
10.236/145

So its 60 and not 120 then because i forgot to include 2 groups will be playing at any given time?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Fuzzion.2504

Welcome Bears to JQ

So are [BEAR]s a cross server guild? Sorry if this was asked before.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

1. 123/456 * balanced matchup

3rd server gets favourable matchup
2. 124/356
3.125/346
4.126/345

2nd server gets favourable matchup
5.134/256
6.135/246
7.136/245

1st server gets favourable matchup
8.234/156
9.235/146
10.236/145

So ideally 1 match out of 2-4, 5-7 and 8-10 gets removed, that way players won’t complain why 1 server gets to fight 2xT2 more than twice.

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

Welcome Bears to JQ

I’ll have to wait until SEA time to ask them, but it was either an individual saving to transfer, or someone spying on BEAR’s guild chat (I don’t believe anything organized on JQ’s party, just a lone individual looking to troll + give his server a greater advantage since massive numbers + 3 bloodlusts just aren’t enough).

It does bring up a good point when you see something like that make sure you note it and encourage others not to listen since that kind of thing was what makes Tier 1 an awful place.

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shinzu.3870

Shinzu.3870

Welcome Bears to JQ

I’ll have to wait until SEA time to ask them, but it was either an individual saving to transfer, or someone spying on BEAR’s guild chat (I don’t believe anything organized on JQ’s party, just a lone individual looking to troll + give his server a greater advantage since massive numbers + 3 bloodlusts just aren’t enough).

It does bring up a good point when you see something like that make sure you note it and encourage others not to listen since that kind of thing was what makes Tier 1 an awful place.

BEAR is a SoS guild. Has been that way for a while now from what I’ve heard.
Most of our members are AU/NZ with a number of SEA and NA.
The player in question I think was either a player who was looking at transferring to SoS, but has yet to finalize or the player is a friend of our fearless Leader Asuna.
I’ll wait for Asuna to confirm that XD.
And yes BEAR would like SoS with that.

On that note, BEAR did receive an offer to move servers >_>…

[BEAR] of SoS
An Officer Pleb.

(edited by Shinzu.3870)

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Moh Jay.7240

Moh Jay.7240

That was amazing

Fort Aspenwood – Worst guardian in Guild Wars
Unreal Aussies [uA]
Embrace the Enemy [Corp]

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Ajax.4967

The Ajax.4967

That was amazing

Wtf did I just see???O_o. This needs to be played every matchup kthnxbai

Evin Arris

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: The BFG.4160

The BFG.4160

HOPE thanks both SoS and JQ for the huge party we had in Pangloss for a while. Most fun I’ve had in a 3 way in a long time. Epic

Mandalore – Elementalist
Fort Aspenhood – [HOPE]

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Fuzzion.2504

That was amazing

Wtf did I just see???O_o. This needs to be played every matchup kthnxbai

LOL that was freaking hilarious mate !

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

it’s okay i didn’t plan on sleeping tonight anyway

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

it’s okay i didn’t plan on sleeping tonight anyway

Praise Jed___!

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Well gotta love the staple gif of the usual match up thread.
Too bad no one mentioned how many times you got kicked out of overlook in the past 2 hours.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stupendous Man.4920

Stupendous Man.4920

Based on

nPr = n! / (n – r)!

This is incorrect as nPr (permutations) does take into account the order of things. For example, JQ/SoR/BG is different to JQ/BG/SoR, but as far as match-ups are concerned they are the same. What you need is nCr (combinations):

6C3 = 6!/(3!3!) = 20.

There are a total of 20 distinct match-ups.

Representing the six servers by letters: A, B, C, D, E, and F we have the follow possible match-ups:
A/B/C
A/B/D
A/B/E
A/B/F
A/C/D
A/C/E
A/C/F
A/D/E
A/D/F
A/E/F
B/C/D
B/C/E
B/C/F
B/D/E
B/D/F
B/E/F
C/D/E
C/D/F
C/E/F
D/E/F

Since there are two sets of 3 servers matched against each other, we have the following possible pairings (match-up 1 | match-up 2):
A/B/C | D/E/F
A/B/D | C/E/F
A/B/E | C/D/F
A/B/F | C/D/E
A/C/D | B/E/F
A/C/E | B/D/F
A/C/F | B/D/E
A/D/E | B/C/F
A/D/F | B/C/E
A/E/F | B/C/D

(edited by Stupendous Man.4920)

9/27 - JQ / FA / SoS