9/6 Ehmry Bay/Maguuma/Borlis Pass

in Match-ups

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Always wondered why do you people hide your chat in screens? What are you afraid of? Lol. Don’t hate just wondering.
Every time I see one like that it makes me feel like the screen below.

Because you can get infracted for the things you have in your chat screen, even if it’s not by you. I like to not block out chat because effort, but being in a guild like [DERP] makes that really difficult :T

Complaining about blobs and open field seige…boring.

I wouldn’t say complaining, I find it funny to see stuff like that.

I wish I took a picture of when ~15 EBay built a superior ballista for Colhearth and I. And then Colhearth switched to his town clothes and they shot him dead. Shameful.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fraeg.9837

Fraeg.9837

nice 1v1s in Ebay BL. GF, GH, SCND and all friends, fun fights. sorry about the random adds.

cheers all

Wyverz – Asura – Mesmer
Xynobia – Asura – Necro
|Gnaw| |BB| |dO| |SOUL| – NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

You’ll have to teach me the skills you use to make this happen eBay. Seems really pro and way out of my league.

The same skills some BP used the other day when attacking south Hills gate and yet AC’ing our siege being built on the bridge spanning that entrance corridor way beyond the gate presumably… No server is guiltless.

Unfortunately I was not filming at the time.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in Match-ups

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

Because you can get infracted for the things you have in your chat screen, even if it’s not by you. I like to not block out chat because effort, but being in a guild like [DERP] makes that really difficult :T

Thats actually really lame. Didn’t know they took it that far. xD

only true maguumas are privy to our butt stuff thx

Gotta let me join in now that the whole world knows. D; <3

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: nytehex.3267

nytehex.3267

Dear Kalkz and Company,

While your efforts for defense were indeed valourous, I love all you folk turning into loot bags for us burn and mags peeps. We sure do appreciate it. Any chance next time you can drop a precursor or two? We’d appreciate it.

Thank you,

Your new map management, maguuma

This post prompted me to take over. I usually don’t command Monday nights due to work, but well, I love a challenge like this. An overrun borderland is like a virgin field, waiting to be plowed anew :P Was alot of fun fighting you guys tonight. We won some fights, and lost some, but you never did get Garrison or Bay back from us after we got them back. I think that was okay with PYRO though, they seemed to just be rolling around looking for fights towards the end.

Don’t bother. He really needed to chest thump about the fact that they overran our BL with a 60+ Maguuma karma train.

Let him feel good about this.

it truly amazes me that even when you aren’t there, you decide to speak. You have no clue what was happening that entire time. Was Xushin there? yes, but this wasn’t a karma train. Kalkz actually provided some good defense, but eventually gave up. Just left the map for us to pillage. I watched him die a few times. If you aren’t there, zara, you really need to leave the commenting for those that were there and other grown ups that understand. Thank you.

It seems to me what we have here is a failure to communicate.

Leader of [moya]

in Match-ups

Posted by: CptWheezy.6439

CptWheezy.6439

There were 5 other build sites that we blew up, too. Not to mention the 3 sup ACs and the ballista on the wall.

I get that you were probably trolling us, but it’s honestly saddening that EBay is incapable of fighting both in the open field and without siege. One of the most boring matchups ever. Hopefully next week we get matched up with a server who fields more than one GvG guild and has some semblance of skill.

Texans to the Mexican Army – Battle of the Alamo: Stop it – stop it. No fair – you’re using cannons and guns and stuff. That’s no fair. If you can’t fight in the open field, naked and with only knives – you suck.

Germans to the Allies – WWII: Stop it – stop it. No fair – you’re using bombers and grenades and stuff. That’s no fair. If you can’t fight in the open field with only a stick in your right hand and butter knife in your left hand with no body armor and only in the daylight hours – you suck.

Silly – isn’t it?

Stop boohooing you elitest kittens. If it’s in the game – it’s fair.

Either figure out how to deal with it or hop back onto Super Mario Brothers – either way – stop the QQ. You’re making the server look bad.

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

There were 5 other build sites that we blew up, too. Not to mention the 3 sup ACs and the ballista on the wall.

I get that you were probably trolling us, but it’s honestly saddening that EBay is incapable of fighting both in the open field and without siege. One of the most boring matchups ever. Hopefully next week we get matched up with a server who fields more than one GvG guild and has some semblance of skill.

Texans to the Mexican Army – Battle of the Alamo: Stop it – stop it. No fair – you’re using cannons and guns and stuff. That’s no fair. If you can’t fight in the open field, naked and with only knives – you suck.

Germans to the Allies – WWII: Stop it – stop it. No fair – you’re using bombers and grenades and stuff. That’s no fair. If you can’t fight in the open field with only a stick in your right hand and butter knife in your left hand with no body armor and only in the daylight hours – you suck.

Silly – isn’t it?

Either figure out how to deal with it or hop back onto Super Mario Brothers – either way – stop the QQ. You’re making the server look bad.

how exactly did you come to the conclusion that he thinks its unfair? that not what he said.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Silly – isn’t it?

Yes because this is exactly like the Alamo and WWII? I am sure you can come up with a better set of examples if you try. I doubt anyone questions if it is fair, or is crying, the comments are more a laugh about how pathetic it is.

Ebay is without question the largest users of siege per capita in the game.

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Ohh I forgot! Quick shoutout to the Borlis Warrior from Beasty Co [BC] behind the windmill that pounced on me lol. I like your spirit! You were very persistant! I had a LOT of fun dueling you for like an hour! You wouldn’t let me get out of combat to take my stacks off though, so the fight was a little lopsided… I finally ran away to take them off for a fair fight, but when I came back, you were gone… rematch? Whisper me in game ♥

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

CptWheezy.6439

Silly – isn’t it?

Yes because this is exactly like the Alamo and WWII? I am sure you can come up with a better set of examples if you try. I doubt anyone questions if it is fair, or is crying, the comments are more a laugh about how pathetic it is.

Fair – an example of ‘real’ playing – good – use your own word. The point is – stop boohooing (or laughing about how pathetic it is). You are obviously better at small group tactics – if that’s all you’re saying – then just say it without all the bravado. If I kept getting my kitten handed to me by one group – I’d use any tactic I could – and to expect them not to is simply ridiculous.

I hate a braggart – and all you guys do is come of like a bunch of chest thumping braggarts. It shows a real lack of class in my opinion. Seems to me like if it isn’t a group of the same number (or a little higher) playing the game by your rules – then they suck. Whatever – you guys are nothing but a bunch of blowhards.

As far as the battles – I was just picking groups who were outnumbered. You’re right though – if I thought about it – I suppose I could come up with better examples – the point though – stands. If you expect them not to use the resources at their disposal – then your the bad – not them. And…you’re delusional. If you were really good – you could figure out how to beat them despite the impromptu, open-field siege. Just saying.

:-)

(edited by CptWheezy.6439)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

If you expect them not to use the resources at their disposal – then your the bad – not them.

Niim y u so bad brew?

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Ohh I forgot! Quick shoutout to the Borlis Warrior from Beasty Co [BC] behind the windmill that pounced on me lol. I like your spirit! You were very persistant! I had a LOT of fun dueling you for like an hour! You wouldn’t let me get out of combat to take my stacks off though, so the fight was a little lopsided… I finally ran away to take them off for a fair fight, but when I came back, you were gone… rematch? Whisper me in game ♥

Did you just set up camp back there or what? O.o

Edit: Guess not. Was gonna stop by and say hi. Only thing I found behind BP and Mag windmills was a really bad longbow Ranger. Who was most unfortunately still better than my mediocre 1v1 skill as a Mesmer lol.

This is what happens when you don’t bring your A-game lol. My Ranger could’ve kicked three of her to the curb.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

(edited by KStudios.2850)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

Silly – isn’t it?

Fair – an example of ‘real’ playing – good – use your own word. The point is – stop boohooing (or laughing about how pathetic it is). You are obviously better at small group tactics – if that’s all you’re saying – then just say it without all the bravado. If I kept getting my kitten handed to me by one group – I’d use any tactic I could – and to expect them not to is simply ridiculous.

I hate a braggart – and all you guys do is come of like a bunch of chest thumping braggarts. It shows a real lack of class in my opinion. Seems to me like if it isn’t a group of the same number (or a little higher) playing the game by your rules – then they suck. Whatever – you guys are nothing but a bunch of blowhards.

As far as the battles – I was just picking groups who were outnumbered. You’re right though – if I thought about it – I suppose I could come up with better examples – the point though – stands. If you expect them not to use the resources at their disposal – then your the bad – not them. And…you’re delusional. If you were really good – you could figure out how to beat them despite the impromptu, open-field siege. Just saying.

What fun are forums if we can’t trash talk

Would you rather have nothing at all to read

GM – [Ark]ham

in Match-ups

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

40 man EB siege creeping on our 17 man

lol

If you are going to claim a 40 man siege creep you might want to post a picture that actually shows 40 people siege creeping instead of a screenshot of ~15 people.

Ask, and ye shall receive.

Jokequille O’Neal?!?!?!?!

DAY MADE

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in Match-ups

CptWheezy.6439

Silly – isn’t it?

Wait so…. tldr we are bad bc we don’t take 40 people and flash build ac’s and SUPERIOR ballista against 18?

If you say so…I guess. If my argument was too complicated – I suppose I could try to simplify it for you. let me know.

in Match-ups

CptWheezy.6439

Silly – isn’t it?

What fun are forums if we can’t trash talk

Would you rather have nothing at all to read

That’s a good point. I guess what I’m saying is that you could do with a light heart – a little harmless ribbing. That’d be cool. But you guys often cross the line. Try to remember that everyone is trying to have fun and nobody likes to have that kind of thing rub’d in their faces. You could accomplish the same goal and still be classy about it. Think Super Bowl – not WWF.

And you have to remember – half the reason anyone posts the long-winded dribble that I post is doing it to get a rise out someone. Trolliest trolls troll the trolliest.

in Match-ups

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

While I am glad to be back on Mag, I must say, the matchup threads are not as good as they used to be.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

Silly – isn’t it?

Wait so…. tldr we are bad bc we don’t take 40 people and flash build ac’s and SUPERIOR ballista against 18?

If you say so…I guess. If my argument was too complicated – I suppose I could try to simplify it for you. let me know.

Thank you for your consideration.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Uncle Shags.9017

Uncle Shags.9017

Please. Don’t act like your server is some bastion of fair play.

Last night BP, with at least double our numbers, snuck in behind us during a tower take and flash built siege just inside the door rather than fight us with 2 to 1 odds. We took out those build sites only to watch them immediately do it again. The sad part is that shows an organized, planned effort to be…pathetic.

Maguuma is no better. Last night in EB we get inside just as they take Wildcreek. Again, at least double our numbers and they decide to throw a superior AC in the lord’s room. Invulnerable lord plus superior AC? GG.

Those living in glass houses…

Uncle Shags: The Barely Competent

in Match-ups

Posted by: Paxi.1386

Paxi.1386

Thanks for the good fights this week everyone, DR is having a blast. Once again like to make a shoutout to Hawk (you guys have improved a lot since we last saw you), also Aggression, always good to see previous server mates again and butt heads :P.

Eva we still haven’t fought you yet

Maestro W – 80 Warrior
Maestro – 80 Mesmer
Dragonriders [DR]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shads.9468

Shads.9468

Last night BP, with at least double our numbers, snuck in behind us during a tower take and flash built siege just inside the door rather than fight us with 2 to 1 odds. We took out those build sites only to watch them immediately do it again. The sad part is that shows an organized, planned effort to be…pathetic.

Maguuma is no better. Last night in EB we get inside just as they take Wildcreek. Again, at least double our numbers and they decide to throw a superior AC in the lord’s room. Invulnerable lord plus superior AC? GG.

You realise its for precisely this type of post that maguuma does what it does right? Have you seen this thread? It’s not even into double digits yet. We’re going to get desperate soon if you guys dont step it up and show some real PvF spirit

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

When talking about Maguuma there’s something really important to be aware of, and that is our karma train. You’ll never find an organized guild group on Maguuma building open-field siege unless absolutely forced to. i.e. Enemy keeps queue blobbing all over a 25-man group, so we build siege to even the odds. What you found in EB was Mag’s karma train. The pubbies do what they want; we can’t control them.

Plus, there’s a large difference between siege inside a keep and open-field. Siege defending a keep? Go ahead. I personally think it’s kind of boring to be forced into a long siege with trebs because a gate has 5-6 ACs defending it, but so be it. Mag has to do that during oceanic time so our 10-30 defenders can hold our garrison against servers with an actual oceanic presence.

Last night, though, EBay dropped around 10 pieces combined of superior siege in open-field to deal with a group of 18. That’s sad and boring. Yes, I think we’re probably far better in open-field. However, I’d love nothing more than to be proved wrong because that would mean we’d get some actual good fights without having to break into keeps/towers to goad the opposing server to come out and play. Most nights we start PvDing to actually get some action.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

You gotta admit though, Boon it was definitely worth all the lols

That fight with Hawk last night was my favorite so far this matchup. They are definitely a LOT of fun to fight!! And they sure do put up a good one. MORE please!!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

Dear Kalkz and Company,

While your efforts for defense were indeed valourous, I love all you folk turning into loot bags for us burn and mags peeps. We sure do appreciate it. Any chance next time you can drop a precursor or two? We’d appreciate it.

Thank you,

Your new map management, maguuma

This post prompted me to take over. I usually don’t command Monday nights due to work, but well, I love a challenge like this. An overrun borderland is like a virgin field, waiting to be plowed anew :P Was alot of fun fighting you guys tonight. We won some fights, and lost some, but you never did get Garrison or Bay back from us after we got them back. I think that was okay with PYRO though, they seemed to just be rolling around looking for fights towards the end.

Don’t bother. He really needed to chest thump about the fact that they overran our BL with a 60+ Maguuma karma train.

Let him feel good about this.

If you aren’t there, zara, you really need to leave the commenting for those that were there and other grown ups that understand. Thank you.

I’m not a grown up.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

While I am glad to be back on Mag, I must say, the matchup threads are not as good as they used to be.

You should have been here for our JQ match, I think you would have been proud

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

You know how people get better at small group tactics? Like everything else, practice. This is a game, you lose absolutely nothing, unlike say in WII or the Alamo, so there really is no need to be so quick to give up and use ACs as fast as we are seeing.

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dr Acula.3496

Dr Acula.3496

This thread match up sucks due to the lack of Cookies AKA Archer being perma forum banned. He always knew how to rustle some jimmies.

Depressed Unicorns – Necro [Agg]

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

perma banned means you have a lack of finesse

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dr Acula.3496

Dr Acula.3496

sending hateful messages to Devs/Mods will cause this to happen.

Depressed Unicorns – Necro [Agg]

in Match-ups

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

ultimate forum warrior

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Devs are typically pretty good at ignoring flames and controlling their temper. Mods, though… yeah, don’t screw with forum mods.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

that’s what i just said

in Match-ups

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Ebay welcome to t1 combat.

skilled small group combat right?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

I managed to place two marks in a two minute “fight”

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

AoN, get your crap together.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Match-ups

Xirin.8593

We’re terrible at this game.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

Amins.3710

Clearly. Don’t start something you can’t finish.

Amins – Guardian

in Match-ups

Xirin.8593

Think of the egos. They’re like babies. Baby kittens, even.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

Amins.3710

It all makes sense now. Like herding cats.

Oh well, like the saying goes: “put up or shut up”…. was that kenny rogers who said that?

Amins – Guardian

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Match-ups

Xirin.8593

Oh well, like the saying goes: “put up or shut up”…. was that kenny rogers who said that?

I already told you that we’re terrible.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

Amins.3710

I already told you that we’re terrible.

With the ego’s of kittens… yes yes.

Amins – Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

God BP could you be any more boring? We wiped all your stuff in EB than most of our people moved on. I was the red warrior trolling you guys at Anz but you wouldn’t fight one on one. You used two ac and 4-5 people and I still managed to down all of you. Yes you killed me when all of you came to get me. But seriously how boring you wouldn’t talk or fight even numbers.
All I wanted was to rumble but you can’t even play fair. Was still worth kicking all your kittens solo though.

Go Spvp bro, lots of even numbered fights there, if you can’t handle it, get out of WvW.

On a side note this is by far the most boring WvW match I have ever taken part in, I usually have 2-3 vids out throughout the week and this week I have 0 and will have 0.

By the number of posts I make that are removed I know Anet scans these forums so please, change it so we never roll down again. Every night its just run around the map a couple times, find no one and then call it a night.

So from now on Mag is to only roll up plz, thx.

[Ark]Noober

in Match-ups

Comprissent.3856

Where was this supposed hammer train? And ebay had a nice zerg but we couldn’t find it all night???

GM – [Ark]ham

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jereme.1840

Jereme.1840

Where was this supposed hammer train? And ebay had a nice zerg but we couldn’t find it all night???

So disappointing, made popcorn and everything was going to sit and watch the GF vs Ark GVG. Why the cancellation? SADFACE

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

So disappointing, made popcorn and everything was going to sit and watch the GF vs Ark GVG. Why the cancellation? SADFACE

Cancellation?? Today is Tuesday, buddy – the GvG is tomorrow. o.O

in Match-ups

Comprissent.3856

How were you planning on watching btw

edit* apparently the gvg site nuked our match. It will be happening at some point tomorrow

double edit* The website defaults to GMT and we have the date correct but the timezone difference kittened everything up. GF vs Ark is 8pm servertime Wed. GF vs AGG is same time, on thursday night.

GM – [Ark]ham

(edited by Comprissent.3856)

in Match-ups

Jereme.1840

Cancellation?? Today is Tuesday, buddy – the GvG is tomorrow. o.O

Think you should check gw2gvg.com it was supposed to be today. GF vs Agg tomorrow.

in Match-ups

Jereme.1840

How were you planning on watching btw

edit* apparently the gvg site nuked our match. It will be happening at some point tomorrow

Apparently they have this thing called Twitch.tv where some people do a thing called live streaming. First time I heard of gw2gvg.com nuking matches. Guess it can happen, I’m stoked to see it’s back on though and look forward to watching it. GL to both Ark and GF.

(edited by Jereme.1840)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gahzirra.8639

Gahzirra.8639

So uhh whys BP in 3rd place?

Badies gonna bad?

A theory with merit

Ehmry 3rd place?

inc: We don’t play for PPT, PPT is lame we only use it when it suits us
Reset is a servers true strength
School is back in and we get cranky at recess unless we go to bed at 9

(edited by Gahzirra.8639)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

So uhh whys BP in 3rd place?

Badies gonna bad?

A theory with merit

Ehmry 3rd place quoted for truf

inc: We don’t play for PPT, PPT is lame we only use it when it suits us
Reset is a servers true strength
School is back in and we get cranky at recess unless we go to bed at 9

WTF are rambling about?

The fact ebay is in 3rd place on a tuesday night by 4k?

Who cares about winning PPT besides Borlis Pass???