9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I’m not on SoS buuut…

I believe the reason why SoR is so much more organised in general is because they are constantly fighting servers of the same (or similar) population and calibre. For weeks the three ‘Titans’ as some may call it fight each other, while the other servers (SoS included) faces a eiiide variety of servers with a wiiide variety of population numbers. As a result there is a constant shift in the attitude/atmosphere/even skill of a server because of the variety of opposition they face.

That’s much the same reason we on TC have issues facing SoR every time we do.

We get months of (FA/DB/Mag) on one side (sometimes on both) and another on the other side, and we’re used to squaring off against that type of opponent.

SoR is a different animal altogether. It’s just how it is.

I’m fairly certain if we had four weeks solid against SoR, we would fare a lot better against them.

This is the truth ^^.

TC is in an odd position. It cannot compete with the top 3 servers, but servers 5, 6, and 7, don’t really compare to TC either. During most weeks, we fight the 5, 6, or 7 ranked servers and the score is usually pretty lopsided in TC’s favor. We just have more people than those servers. What that means if you end up with a lot of guild groups running tagless and just doing their own thing. That’s the only way they can find good fights.

When TC tries to fight a top 3 server, we still use those same tier 2 tactics and cannot compete. Servers like SoR are incredibly coordinated. Even if we both have a map queued, SoR will win due to superior tactics.

TC could compete, but would need to get away from being so guild focused and more map focused (better coordination between guilds). I’m sure over a period of 4 weeks or so, TC would adapt, but on any given week, that is unlikely.

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

We need to be tossed in between 2 of the top 3 for 4 weeks straight. Still … it wouldn’t mean TC would win, but it would give the larger scale WvW populus who do not get discouraged an opportunity to take it up a notch and learn. Yep … I said it.

If we only play with one of them, it would be much of the same. With 2, it would force the superior group to ‘watch there back’ from there main opponent, while offering our server a chance to learn what they do so well and test out the waters.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

SoR aren’t making themselves friends for when the leagues come and when the leagues it is a time to rely on your friends especially when the good ol SoR vsBG bash comes, that third server will be the decider.

Honestly regarding SoS’s oceanics not pulling their weight in man power it’s a combination of 2 things
1. we have to beat on t3 structures whereas SoR smashes down t1 structures.
2. nobody cares about ppt in SoS as much as you all do, once ppt matters then we might actually start playing for it.

All this talk about beating a t3 server as the no.1 t1 server is seriously silly and stupid. especially when it’s coming from ex-SoS’ers you guys left the server great now go away and never return. Even last night we ticked 300+ ppt occasionally during oceanic time.

Sea of Sorrows is not a pvX server we’re a hardcore server which has one of the least fairweather populations out of any server, we come out no matter what the score is and we still kick kitten .

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jubelum.3472

Jubelum.3472

This thread is boring. But last night had some great fights with the 3 zergs or guilds from SoR … out front our spawn. You guys know who you were, but wanted to shout out to you guys for the fun. It really was the most enjoyable practice and battles I got all week. i think you guys got that we were trying to practice and you guys broke into 3 evenly matched groups. It was fun, even when you guys strategically positioned yourselves.

Special thanks to the exs guys for there leadership and lessons too. We had alot of takeaways from it and wanted to send my thanks. Can’t remember i think it was SoS bl for an hour or so at 9pm ish?

~ X [REx]

Yeah that was a lot of fun, so much more enjoyable than the usual PvDoor or PPT race that you get in WvW most nights.

Wolfgang Von Goethe [VIG] – Warrior of Rall
“He who defends everything, defends nothing” – Frederick II

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

There were some very fine fights last night oceanic in eternal, great work all involved, it was hopefully fun for all servers.

While we got our share of kills, SoR has some fine well drilled teams who work well together and wiped our swarm several times. I expect nothing less from a true T1 server, keep on bringing it!

Big congrats to the SoS commander and his team that chipped away at SM for hours before taking it!

Thanks for bringing the fun all!

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

(edited by elkirin.8534)

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jubelum.3472

Jubelum.3472

SoR aren’t making themselves friends for when the leagues come and when the leagues it is a time to rely on your friends especially when the good ol SoR vsBG bash comes, that third server will be the decider.

Honestly regarding SoS’s oceanics not pulling their weight in man power it’s a combination of 2 things
1. we have to beat on t3 structures whereas SoR smashes down t1 structures.
2. nobody cares about ppt in SoS as much as you all do, once ppt matters then we might actually start playing for it.

All this talk about beating a t3 server as the no.1 t1 server is seriously silly and stupid. especially when it’s coming from ex-SoS’ers you guys left the server great now go away and never return. Even last night we ticked 300+ ppt occasionally during oceanic time.

Sea of Sorrows is not a pvX server we’re a hardcore server which has one of the least fairweather populations out of any server, we come out no matter what the score is and we still kick kitten .

No and we’re not interested in making ourselves any friends, and in tier 1 against BG and JQ we are quite often double teamed, and I don’t mean just we’re fighting off BG at Bay while defending from JQ at Hills, I mean BG and JQ commanders are in comms with each other and coordinating their 60+ man zergs in our garrison against what SoR can cobble together at 5 in the morning because they both hate us so much.

But you know what, that is exactly how we like it, because in those situations we still beat them and there is no sweeter victory than feeding those double teaming jack holes their humble pie.

Wolfgang Von Goethe [VIG] – Warrior of Rall
“He who defends everything, defends nothing” – Frederick II

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Icebot.6103

Icebot.6103

Weekly Tarnished Coast Dolyak Parade
Yes that time of the week is very near! That glorious time when players of all races come to celebrate the dolyaks and their selfless sacrifices for us! I know in the past both SoS and SoR have come out to join in large numbers, so I hope to see MANY people here this week!

For those who do not know, the Dolyak parade is a time where we get together and just have fun, and of course, parade around as dolyaks around the borderlands! Of course, you do not have to be a dolyak if you do not wish to be. In the past, everything from griffons to snowmen to elementals have flocked to our parade. So come out and celebrate the dolyaks, who sacrifice much for our endless war!

Information

• Where: WvW borderlands. The exact one will be chosen ~1 hr beforehand
  • When: Thursday (9/12) at 7 PM Server Time
  • Who: Anyone is willing to participate! If you come and need a tonic, just ask a friendly DOLY representative and we can give you some to join in!
  • How: If you choose to become a dolyak, there are 2 ways: a Ruminant Tonic, and a Dolyak Tincture (feel free to wiki these). Of course any other kind of tonic is welcome, or even none at all if you just want to run along!

If anyone has any questions, comments, concerns, or good dolyak jokes, feel free to send me a message!

PS: Any guild leaders/commanders that are going to have GvG’s on that day and around that time, let me know! I try to plan the parade around GvG’s as best as possible, to avoid meeting up at the same place, or the parade running through a GvG on accident. (I won’t divulge when/where the GvGs are to anyone else, I just want to try to make sure there are no cross-event mishaps!)

I leave you all with this wonderful movie made by DOLY’s amazing leader Ellie, the Holiday Yak: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChG0_ThxdJc

Will there be a TS channel we can all join so we can bro it up together?

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

feeding those double teaming jack holes their humble pie.

Jokes on you, we love pie.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Weekly Tarnished Coast Dolyak Parade
Yes that time of the week is very near! That glorious time when players of all races come to celebrate the dolyaks and their selfless sacrifices for us! I know in the past both SoS and SoR have come out to join in large numbers, so I hope to see MANY people here this week!

For those who do not know, the Dolyak parade is a time where we get together and just have fun, and of course, parade around as dolyaks around the borderlands! Of course, you do not have to be a dolyak if you do not wish to be. In the past, everything from griffons to snowmen to elementals have flocked to our parade. So come out and celebrate the dolyaks, who sacrifice much for our endless war!

Information

• Where: WvW borderlands. The exact one will be chosen ~1 hr beforehand
  • When: Thursday (9/12) at 7 PM Server Time
  • Who: Anyone is willing to participate! If you come and need a tonic, just ask a friendly DOLY representative and we can give you some to join in!
  • How: If you choose to become a dolyak, there are 2 ways: a Ruminant Tonic, and a Dolyak Tincture (feel free to wiki these). Of course any other kind of tonic is welcome, or even none at all if you just want to run along!

If anyone has any questions, comments, concerns, or good dolyak jokes, feel free to send me a message!

PS: Any guild leaders/commanders that are going to have GvG’s on that day and around that time, let me know! I try to plan the parade around GvG’s as best as possible, to avoid meeting up at the same place, or the parade running through a GvG on accident. (I won’t divulge when/where the GvGs are to anyone else, I just want to try to make sure there are no cross-event mishaps!)

I leave you all with this wonderful movie made by DOLY’s amazing leader Ellie, the Holiday Yak: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChG0_ThxdJc

Will there be a TS channel we can all join so we can bro it up together?

Well TC has a mumble…but I’ve never considered trying to find a public TS for multiple servers to join in…hmmmm….

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

This thread is boring. But last night had some great fights with the 3 zergs or guilds from SoR … out front our spawn. You guys know who you were, but wanted to shout out to you guys for the fun. It really was the most enjoyable practice and battles I got all week. i think you guys got that we were trying to practice and you guys broke into 3 evenly matched groups. It was fun, even when you guys strategically positioned yourselves.

Special thanks to the exs guys for there leadership and lessons too. We had alot of takeaways from it and wanted to send my thanks. Can’t remember i think it was SoS bl for an hour or so at 9pm ish?

~ X [REx]

I was there for that! IIRC that was FEAR split in half among 2 commanders of 10ish plus some pugs each and a third DIE group off in their own channel, probably half drunk and doing their own thing. It was a ton of fun, I hope everyone thought it was group movement training and not spawn camping since there was no siege set up and plenty of space to move around was given. Massive props to both sides for not being lame. I know the backline got some great training on how to dodge the head of your pain train.

(edited by renmei.3102)

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Hey TW you should sit down less then you might build up the chops to win a fight with less than 3.

Attachments:

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Shifty,

There are many factors in play here. If you are asking why a WvW guild can fight 1:3 ratio, it’s likely:

1. They weren’t in Teamspeak.
2. They weren’t geared for a 20 man setup.
3. They weren’t traited for a 20 man setup.

All this will probably give them a huge disadvantage.

FW

7 IRON wipes a 20man ish SoS group in tc bl bay just now :/

[SoX] – JQ

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gerby.6219

Gerby.6219

Hey TW you should sit down less then you might build up the chops to win a fight with less than 3.

I know the guy, he told me you were trying to snipe his doly! He also said you had a silly back stab that hit him for 900. I lol’d

Hm

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

I know the guy, he told me you were trying to snipe his doly! He also said you had a silly back stab that hit him for 900. I lol’d

It probably went something like this:

Asu: “I’m gonna kill ya!”
Random TW: “NOPE!”
Asu: strikes for 900 dmg
Random TW: “Told ya so!”

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

Yeah, i don’t focus crit damage as much as thieves typically do. And in all fairness i was more worried about the yak, but your friend must have a weak constitution to get so worked up over such a weak backstab. I expected more, /yawn. Stay classy SoR, we all know how hard it is for y’all.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: FlameKnight.9150

FlameKnight.9150

Ty TC and SoS for the fights yesterday night in oceanic prime-time in EB.

Recording of 2 of the major fights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0XOGp-puiE

[OCX] OCEANIX – Sanctum of Rall – PvX Oceanic Guild.
OCX Officer
Guild Website: Oceanix

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brutus.5732

Brutus.5732

Yeah, i don’t focus crit damage as much as thieves typically do. And in all fairness i was more worried about the yak, but your friend must have a weak constitution to get so worked up over such a weak backstab. I expected more, /yawn. Stay classy SoR, we all know how hard it is for y’all.

I hate yak snipers for forcing people to walk yaks, you should all be killed with max contempt.

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

I hate yak snipers for forcing people to walk yaks, you should all be killed with max contempt.

But my yakslapper award!

And as for TS during the yak parade, you can try using Raidcall.

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

Stay classy, and stop generalizing. Geez TC, are you all trolls? o.O

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

So you make a troll post and get called out on you weak performance and then you tell them to “stay classy”. At least BG and JQ put more thought into their troll posts.

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

but but wxp

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

So you make a troll post and get called out on you weak performance and then you tell them to “stay classy”. At least BG and JQ put more thought into their troll posts.

Weak performance? different strokes for different folks mate. And a troll post? i was calling out the poor conduct of that Rallian, but of course SoR can do no wrong. Try a little harder to sound genuine next time.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

Weak performance? different strokes for different folks mate. And a troll post? i was calling out the poor conduct of that Rallian, but of course SoR can do no wrong. Try a little harder to sound genuine next time.

Roll engi next time. They are the new FOTM.

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

SoS has a dedicated group who are out there leading in WvW (some of whom have posted above). They do a really good job pulling together people who are mostly PvX focussed, combined with leading the WvW-centric players.

There seems to be a lot of good will from those who left earlier in the year which is appreciated (and I was personally a bit said when some of those people left – including my own guild).

The fact that SoS is 7th ranked NA server (winning matchups pretty comfortably against everyone except the top six) despite not having (and instead playing against) OCX, MERC, AFS, AoI, TSYM I think we are doing pretty well. Getting advice from those still ON the server (rather than from the sidelines) and who can actively help solve any perceived issues and grow the community probably carries more weight.

We have had some awesome guilds join us recently and I think that is useful especially as we are playing against the top six servers pretty regularly. it is an issue as we are winning matchups against everyone ranked below us pretty comfortably. Personally I want to see the top few servers destack and spread the WvW love around to mid-tier servers to make it all more competitive – means that you won’t have the score blowouts you are seeing this week (T1-T3 http://mos.millenium.org/na) and also servers like SoR get the chance to have competitive games against other servers and guilds they don’t normally see.

Sea of Sorrows

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jax.1283

Jax.1283

This has some sense. I’m also ex-SOS and I stayed on SOS from the tier 1 fall all the way to tier 4. It got to a point where the last couple of main guilds couldn’t do much. So to keep our communities alive we left. But anyways enough of the past. Thanks to TS and friends and Awe for the good fights tonight. Also Awe what was up with that 3rd floor SMC defense…. but all in all a fun night for GC and OCX. Also it was us you guys were fighting not NYS or SAHP they were on TC BL. And thanks to WvW from last Sunday the 25 of us had a lot of fun against you all. You guys are always fun to fight. Thanks all, good fights so far lets end this week on a good note.

Thought I should add that there’s no ill-will on my part (nor on most of the servermates I talk to) about people leaving.
Everyone had to do what they felt was right for their guilds and for their own quality of play.

Yea totally agreed, we left to keep our guilds going. And it is a game after all. but anyways I have had a lot of fun this week. GC and OCX have been running tagless like a numerous other guilds to even out fights and all. We have had a lot of fun against so many guilds from TC and SOS, BANE, TS, WvW and Awe to name a few. Also at Rooster I really don’t see why you are hostile to anyone who left SOS. I’m ex-AFS so we stuck it out until we hit tier 4. We tried everything to help SOS but nothing worked. So saying I hope that none of you comes back is uncalled for. So many guilds enjoyed SOS back in the day. We united so many players and it was a lot of fun. So please keep it civil let me keep my good memories of SOS. Thanks

Rai
OCX Commander

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Le Rooster.8715

This has some sense. I’m also ex-SOS and I stayed on SOS from the tier 1 fall all the way to tier 4. It got to a point where the last couple of main guilds couldn’t do much. So to keep our communities alive we left. But anyways enough of the past. Thanks to TS and friends and Awe for the good fights tonight. Also Awe what was up with that 3rd floor SMC defense…. but all in all a fun night for GC and OCX. Also it was us you guys were fighting not NYS or SAHP they were on TC BL. And thanks to WvW from last Sunday the 25 of us had a lot of fun against you all. You guys are always fun to fight. Thanks all, good fights so far lets end this week on a good note.

Thought I should add that there’s no ill-will on my part (nor on most of the servermates I talk to) about people leaving.
Everyone had to do what they felt was right for their guilds and for their own quality of play.

Yea totally agreed, we left to keep our guilds going. And it is a game after all. but anyways I have had a lot of fun this week. GC and OCX have been running tagless like a numerous other guilds to even out fights and all. We have had a lot of fun against so many guilds from TC and SOS, BANE, TS, WvW and Awe to name a few. Also at Rooster I really don’t see why you are hostile to anyone who left SOS. I’m ex-AFS so we stuck it out until we hit tier 4. We tried everything to help SOS but nothing worked. So saying I hope that none of you comes back is uncalled for. So many guilds enjoyed SOS back in the day. We united so many players and it was a lot of fun. So please keep it civil let me keep my good memories of SOS. Thanks

I’m not being hostile to ex-SoS, i was replying to the many trolls claiming to be from SoS and leaving and then condascending us saying we’re extremely unorganized and we should run the server better.

I was trying to explain that those people had left they don’t need to now comment and give us “critism” on how to improve, and once they left great no need to dwell on the past.

So i was just addressing the trolls from SoR which you can see in the forums yourself.

(edited by Le Rooster.8715)

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jax.1283

Jax.1283

I’m not being hostile to ex-SoS, i was replying to the many trolls claiming to be from SoS and leaving and then condascending us saying we’re extremely unorganized and we should run the server better.

I was trying to explain that those people had left they don’t need to now comment and give us “critism” on how to improve, and once they left great no need to dwell on the past.

So i was just addressing the trolls from SoR which you can see in the forums yourself.

Alright, I’m just saying not trying to dwell on the past and all. I enjoyed SOS. And I can’t speak for others so its just my opinion. I felt it was directed at me so I responded if not I’m sorry. But SOS is always improving slowly but surely so good luck to you all on SOS keep it up guys.

Rai
OCX Commander

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Le Rooster.8715

Alright, I’m just saying not trying to dwell on the past and all. I enjoyed SOS. And I can’t speak for others so its just my opinion. I felt it was directed at me so I responded if not I’m sorry. But SOS is always improving slowly but surely so good luck to you all on SOS keep it up guys.

Nah it’s cool, wasn’t directed at you or the general who do understand we’re actually giving it our all, TS has upped our Wvw presence by 30% this week instead of fielding 20-25 we are fielding 25-35. Our NA coverage has always been weak and this week is no different from the last or before that, we haven’t complained or chest thumped or done anything as a server so the backlash we’re getting from some ex-SoS claiming to know what’s best for the server is a little frustrating.

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

My personal favorite.

1 guy on an AC, another on a cannon, both of them shooting me and /dancing to no end while their 3 teammates 3v1 me while I’m under siege. When I die they jump over my body and run away.

Assuming that only SoR does that bullkitten is ignorant.

Attachments:

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

My personal favorite.

1 guy on an AC, another on a cannon, both of them shooting me and /dancing to no end while their 3 teammates 3v1 me while I’m under siege. When I die they jump over my body and run away.

I didn’t say only SoR did it to be fair. And i won’t parade myself around, i am not the best at what i do- just better than some.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Doomdesire.9365

My personal favorite.

I didn’t say only SoR did it to be fair. And i won’t parade myself around, i am not the best at what i do- just better than some.

Whether your intention was to parade yourself about or not, that’s how the mood your posts came out to be.

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Welcome to WvWers anon, I am Elkirin and I WvW.
Last week I may have fired a cannon at a dancing Quaggan on SM wall.
I am pretty sure he was evil……

Keep bringing the fun, good to see old friends on the battlefield.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

I haven’t done much defense this week but tonight was fun. 20-30 SoS holding briar and then garry against TC/SoR with couple acs.

@Choo
Nice warbanners on the wg portal, think 6 of them went up lol. If you guys ever get bored with T1 lag come to SoS. We always have someone to fight and move up or down in tiers so you will have plenty of opponents for GvG (variety as well).

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Hello Shifty,

There are many factors in play here. If you are asking why a WvW guild can fight 1:3 ratio, it’s likely:

1. They weren’t in Teamspeak.
2. They weren’t geared for a 20 man setup.
3. They weren’t traited for a 20 man setup.

All this will probably give them a huge disadvantage.

FW

7 IRON wipes a 20man ish SoS group in tc bl bay just now :/

Well so far from what i have seen from people claiming they took 3-4-5 times theyr number is that they didnt take them all at once.
IRON most likely killed a line of people running at them.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Had a great time on EBG tonight. Thanks to TW, WARD, and others for all the fights and challenging play. :-)

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

Good fights with SoS at Durios and Mendons tonight, and of course, the crazy fight with TW inside SMC.
Also, earlier in SoS BL, this was taken. Can anyone on SoR tell me how many? I estimated 50ish

Attachments:

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Doomdesire.9365

I haven’t done much defense this week but tonight was fun. 20-30 SoS holding briar and then garry against TC/SoR with couple acs.

@Choo
Nice warbanners on the wg portal, think 6 of them went up lol. If you guys ever get bored with T1 lag come to SoS. We always have someone to fight and move up or down in tiers so you will have plenty of opponents for GvG (variety as well).

Choo has the utmost respect for TC and SoS WvW groups. Always a blast fighting [Fang]. We aren’t really a fan of blobbing and it’s skillag and unless it is absolutely needed, we will attempt to run a tagless guild group, but I don’t think we will ever venture outside of Sanctum of Rall, especially being an original SoR guild.

/Respect

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

Welcome to WvWers anon, I am Elkirin and I WvW.
Last week I may have fired a cannon at a dancing Quaggan on SM wall.
I am pretty sure he was evil……

Keep bringing the fun, good to see old friends on the battlefield.

Dude.
Quaggans are NEVER evil.

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

Good fights with SoS at Durios and Mendons tonight, and of course, the crazy fight with TW inside SMC.
Also, earlier in SoS BL, this was taken. Can anyone on SoR tell me how many? I estimated 50ish

It’s very clear that it was just 12.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

We had 35 in our TeamSpeak maximum tonight (we ran in our private TS, not the community one).

We averaged ~30 or so however in our TS/Zerg. We just had a good night tonight and stuck together well and had some really nice fights with TC/SOS.

Looking forward to more with you all!

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: American.2869

American.2869

We had 35 in our TeamSpeak maximum tonight (we ran in our private TS, not the community one).

We averaged ~30 or so however in our TS/Zerg. We just had a good night tonight and stuck together well and had some really nice fights with TC/SOS.

Looking forward to more with you all!

^This.

We were having a blast with the fights. TC, thank you for coming out and going toe to toe with us. Lots of good battles.

~ [RET] Retribution ~
Necro: Skyinho

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

JudgeD.5673

Yeah, I (and some others) had never seen that many HL before. Our cmmdr at that time was primarily interested in open field fights, leading to the engagements near the bridge and Briar. Good fights with HL.

CrSy/LaWz

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

All the wvw basics you guys seem to have just forgot i mean where’s the superior siege and all these other issues what i say take it as you like but in the end im just as much SoS as you and still have an account on the server so its tough to see how much more of a well organised machine SoR is and then i look at SoS and think cmon guys quit kittening around.

Please stop giving these guys advice. I am enjoying all the bags I cam currently getting.

Like Cameron, I played on SOS a long time and loved the server, but the negativity and lack of coordination was too much and made WvW a miserable experience.

He was offering good advice, I hope you don’t take it.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

Yeah, I (and some others) had never seen that many HL before. Our cmmdr at that time was primarily interested in open field fights, leading to the engagements near the bridge and Briar. Good fights with HL.

We consistently pull 25-35, if you see us in WvW with much less, it’s probably some sort of havoc group or random small outing heh. Im really used to [RE] having a healthy 40-kitten when we ran into you guys with less than that we were pleasantly surprised that we’d get some even numbered fights :P

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

JudgeD.5673

We consistently pull 25-35, if you see us in WvW with much less, it’s probably some sort of havoc group or random small outing heh. Im really used to [RE] having a healthy 40-kitten when we ran into you guys with less than that we were pleasantly surprised that we’d get some even numbered fights :P

At the time that screenshot was taken, there was maybe 20 RE on the map, possibly less. I know I jumped on my (poorly traited) staff ele when I heard that our cmmdr didn’t have any, if that is an indication (I usually run eng in WvW). We have been running 25-30ish max recently and less than that much of the time, but we still like good fights.

CrSy/LaWz

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

NA has stacked the top tiers. It is what it is. But if players wanted to play the game for the fights, it’s within their power to unstack and make it more competitive. Just have to get rid of the shiny virtual carrot mentality. It’s great to be on a winning server, top of the heap, but when you’re either mind-numbingly steamrolling others or playing the same stale matches every week, you have to understand the power to change that is in your own hands.

THankyou. I wish everyone felt the same.

SoS is interesting in that the people who stayed on here post-T1 mostly don’t aspire to playing “T1” again. The PRX “call-to-arms” thing – telling us we had to fight in WvW at the exclusion of other parts of the game – didn’t sit well and it is something many are sensitive to.

I would really like the upper servers to destack and population to spread out and I suspect the league thing is partly trying to do that. But it is the players who need to make the change.

If this was the mindset of the majority, you can’t really be surprised that WvW guilds/people left. There were some guilds trying to bring SoS back, but SoS was perfectly happy steamrolling CD/SBI.

And no, for the last time, we are not going to destack to please you. We love fighting battles here in tier 1 where the battles are intense and I share a server with about the largest number of like-minded people.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Le Rooster.8715

NA has stacked the top tiers. It is what it is. But if players wanted to play the game for the fights, it’s within their power to unstack and make it more competitive. Just have to get rid of the shiny virtual carrot mentality. It’s great to be on a winning server, top of the heap, but when you’re either mind-numbingly steamrolling others or playing the same stale matches every week, you have to understand the power to change that is in your own hands.

THankyou. I wish everyone felt the same.

SoS is interesting in that the people who stayed on here post-T1 mostly don’t aspire to playing “T1” again. The PRX “call-to-arms” thing – telling us we had to fight in WvW at the exclusion of other parts of the game – didn’t sit well and it is something many are sensitive to.

I would really like the upper servers to destack and population to spread out and I suspect the league thing is partly trying to do that. But it is the players who need to make the change.

If this was the mindset of the majority, you can’t really be surprised that WvW guilds/people left. There were some guilds trying to bring SoS back, but SoS was perfectly happy steamrolling CD/SBI.

And no, for the last time, we are not going to destack to please you. We love fighting battles here in tier 1 where the battles are intense and I share a server with about the largest number of like-minded people.

facepalm i’ve given up, there are some people where reason and logic just don’t extend to.

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Shhhh let the zergling talk,i am getting amused here

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Shhhh let the zergling talk,i am getting amused here

Ah! I am from not-tier-1 and I have never zerg’d. Not to mention commanded one.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

let me take one out of my sor qoute book

we don’t blob and we don’t have coverage

your trying way to hard man

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR