9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Squidlips.3817

Squidlips.3817

Fun fights the last couple nights in EBG. Thanks especially to EP for bringing the field fights.

Straight Dumpstered [ONE] – Sanctum of Rall

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Yes, thank you EP for being so good to other servers and so toxic for TC. EP is the prime example of a trend that is ruining the TC community.

Your guys’ issues are your own, but we’ve all noticed that this is not a kinder, gentler TC you have going this week.

If you want kind, gentle love— I mean, overlords ahem, you’re looking for SOR.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Looking for fights in lower tiers is just not viable unless you count farming pugs, some people are into that cough Agg cough RG cough. The skill difference even between just most guild in T1 and T2 NA is huge, its not even funny.

You’re right, the skill difference is pretty huge…T2 is way better than T1 I will be quite interested in seeing the outcome of Choo vs EP GvG.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Looking for fights in lower tiers is just not viable unless you count farming pugs, some people are into that cough Agg cough RG cough. The skill difference even between just most guild in T1 and T2 NA is huge, its not even funny.

You’re right, the skill difference is pretty huge…T2 is way better than T1 I will be quite interested in seeing the outcome of Choo vs EP GvG.

Umm, choosing one of the best GvG guilds in all of NA as representative of the entire server is hilarious.

EP is very good.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Umm, choosing one of the best GvG guilds in all of NA as representative of the entire server is hilarious.

EP is very good.

Making blanket statements about how T1 is vastly superior to everyone else: also hilarious

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Tyaen.5148

EP is very good.

Making blanket statements about how T1 is vastly superior to everyone else: also hilarious

Where did I say that? I said EP is very good, and that they aren’t representative of the entire server they are on. Where did I say T1 is vastly superior to everyone else? Not only didn’t I say it, I didn’t even imply it. You on the other hand are pretentious enough to flat out say “T2 is way better than T1”

Reading comprehension FTW.

(edited by Tyaen.5148)

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

EP is very good.

Where did I say that? I said EP is very good, and that they aren’t representative of the entire server they are on. Where did I say T1 is vastly superior to everyone else? Not only didn’t I say it, I didn’t even imply it. You on the other hand are pretentious enough to flat out say “T2 is way better than T1”

Reading comprehension FTW.

…the guy I was initially replying to said that. Who is not reading what now? I know EP is good, but their primary source of combat prowess is their willingness to try new things, not stack and hammer train. Wanna know where they learned that from? Not T1.

My statement was not pretentious, it was a trolly joke in the same vein as the person I was replying to, only he didn’t appear to be joking.

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Tyaen.5148

…the guy I was initially replying to said that. Who is not reading what now?

Then learn to quote properly, because you quoted me.

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

…the guy I was initially replying to said that. Who is not reading what now?

Then learn to quote properly, because you quoted me.

I did not quote anything improperly. You made a comment about how my reply to someone else was “hilarious” and I simply pointed out that I was responding to other initial hilarity. I’m not sure why this conversation is even happening.

I also find it pretty funny that he calls out Agg and RG for liking farming pug groups even though Choo lost to both of them.

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Tyaen.5148

I did not quote anything improperly. You made a comment about how my reply to someone else was “hilarious” and I simply pointed out that I was responding to other initial hilarity. I’m not sure why this conversation is even happening.

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Aw, is linking Youtube videos what SoR PvFers do when they’re cornered? I am disappoint. All I’m saying is you missed the context and assumed I was talking about you. I see no “you” anywhere in that post. But hey, I’m open to criticism. My post was responding to you about someone else’s post. How would you quote it?

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

We should massacre the dolyak parade….. It may be worth it to see what may possibly be the largest flood of tears ever witnessed on these boards.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

We should massacre the dolyak parade….. It may be worth it to see what may possibly be the largest flood of tears ever witnessed on these boards.

Yeah, nobody has ever had that idea before… :P

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Yea, but this is combined with such an overwhelming slaughter…….. Not to mention the general toxic nature of this thread. Im tellin’ ya…. this could be precious.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

You won’t beat Saiyr, on all accords. It’s like telling the champ not to sit and guard SMC, he’s in his domain.

Try to slaughter the dolyak parade, and think you are the first, and follow it by thinking you are the first to act the way you do, and TC to respond the way they do… in the end, no one will care but you. That shipped has sailed bud. Silly SoR thinking he was Christopher Columbus in the land of firsts dolyak parade.

When your ship lands, make sure you get directions.

Attachments:

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Yea, but this is combined with such an overwhelming slaughter…….. Not to mention the general toxic nature of this thread. Im tellin’ ya…. this could be precious.

Haha, I think most yak parades are attacked. It’s a pretty common thing. The people running the parade are really classy about it, and generally don’t mention it in the thread.

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Traxien Cion.9261

Traxien Cion.9261

http://www.twitch.tv/gw2ascii

Livestreaming solo havoc and general roamings.

Are you the one who hangs around in TCBL North Camp by the orbs?

Traxien Cion – Ranger | Traxien Kills – Warrior | [STUN] | TC Commander

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I wonder how much closer the numbers would be if both TC and SoS both had better rein on their militia and more unified strategy.

I checked the map off of millenium, and saw that SoR was pressing SoS in EBG. Then, the SoR started pushing TC (this is over the space of ~3 min.) and taking their stuff.

I thought, "nice, SoR is overextending and maybe a nice 2v1 on SoR will happen.

Then TC boldly pressed into SoS territory….

All I can say is that you can’t control if you win or lose, but you can control how stupid you look while doing either.

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Tyaen.5148

Probably because if TC tries to press SoR they get an immediate response, where as if they press SoS they are successful.

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Sometimes I read your posts and wonder if you live in your own little world, far removed from everything else.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

It’s almost like FA doesn’t have a guild dedicated to ‘exterminating’ the yak parade!

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Sometimes I read your posts and wonder if you live in your own little world, far removed from everything else.

Attachments:

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Probably because if TC tries to press SoR they get an immediate response, where as if they press SoS they are successful.

TC was getting pushed in the South by SoR and in response they pushed North into SoS…???

That whole fad of quoting Sun Tzu never hit SoS and we make no claims to being Masters of “Strategery”, but I don’t recall a time where we have ever responded to a push from an enemy server by attacking the 3rd server.

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

TC was getting pushed in the South by SoR and in response they pushed North into SoS…???

That whole fad of quoting Sun Tzu never hit SoS and we make no claims to being Masters of “Strategery”, but I don’t recall a time where we have ever responded to a push from an enemy server by attacking the 3rd server.

As much as I want both TC and SoS to hit on SoR, there’s no way TCers are able to control all the militia from doing what they want. Stop crying over something that we’re unable to control.

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

By now people are on servers they choose to be on, opinions vary.
People play for different things, ppt, kills, fights, yak parades etc..opinions vary.
People are more or less concerned than others by gear, rank, numbers or hat size..opinions vary

IMHO, unpredictable humans often add fun to games.

See you on the battlefields, thanks for all the fun you have provided!

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

It’s almost like you’ve never even heard of Fort Aspenwood in your life….

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

Oh totally. FA tried to ruin our parade the last time we ran together.

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

All the wvw basics you guys seem to have just forgot i mean where’s the superior siege and all these other issues what i say take it as you like but in the end im just as much SoS as you and still have an account on the server so its tough to see how much more of a well organised machine SoR is and then i look at SoS and think cmon guys quit kittening around.

Please stop giving these guys advice. I am enjoying all the bags I cam currently getting.

Like Cameron, I played on SOS a long time and loved the server, but the negativity and lack of coordination was too much and made WvW a miserable experience.

He was offering good advice, I hope you don’t take it.

Hmmm-for a person who played on SoS for a long time-I see you posted in other matchup strings but not on SoS? I don’t know where you think the negativity was. Maybe right after the drop but everyone is nice. We have a great and postive group of people who have stepped up leadership.

Well when I decided to take a break, about 6 weeks after the free transfers ended, all I saw in map chat was complaints about the lack of commanders then people defacing those trying to command. It came down to too many small guilds and no real leaders.

When I came back from a break, all my friends were playing on SOR so I went there. If that makes me evil, I am sorry.

The whole time I was on SOS I kinda felt that it needed one or two really large guilds, one for each coverage period to drive the server. I felt most of the people were nice and I enjoyed playing with many, but frustration was bringing out the worst in some.

Playing on SOR I have learned a lot about what a good server does to win fights. On SOS it was clear, other than TSYM, none of the other guilds I saw had a clue. I feel pretty confident with our our teams can take on odds of nearly 2:1 and wipe you all. I don’t see SOS applying the same builds or strategies to fights. I get the feeling a lot of people are not even running good builds, let alone using their team buffs effectively.

Cameron offered advice of forming some bigger guilds, using more survivable builds and flat out learning team play. I am just as happy that you guys are quite happy all running beserker as I am making some nice gold this week. Now if only one of you would drop a precurser!

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brutus.5732

Brutus.5732

It’s almost like FA doesn’t have a guild dedicated to ‘exterminating’ the yak parade!

We’ve never been matched up with FA.

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Often a few misplaced words turn decent advice into a post that will draw contempt, english is an odd language.

JQ has shown us how to win over a long period of time, 19/50 appearances (38%) wins in T1, amazing effort JQ. BG has recently emerged as a power with 11/34 (32.35%) wins in T1. SoR is going great with 6/32 appearances (18.75%) wins in T1.

Well intended Advice from fellow gamers from these three powerhouses, even if poorly worded, could be at very least, IMHO, “tolerated”.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

(edited by elkirin.8534)

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kranky.8231

Kranky.8231

I feel pretty confident with our our teams can take on odds of nearly 2:1 and wipe you all.

I’m yet to see any SoR guild or group enter into a fight that was even, never lone 2:1.

What’s your guild by the way? I’ll keep an eye for you.

Tarnished Coast

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I feel pretty confident with our our teams can take on odds of nearly 2:1 and wipe you all.

I’m yet to see any SoR guild or group enter into a fight that was even, never lone 2:1.

Well if you play at oceanic nights look for SoX cause we have been doing nothing but taking on larger groups the last 2 nights.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

It is kind of amusing that people keep saying we have such amazing coverage. Its hard for us to put 30 or 40 in each of the 4 borderlands during OC and off hours. Small guilds like ours are porting all over the map trying to fill holes.

Weekends are a different story. Coverage over the 48h + is simply amazing and the coordination really fun to be part of.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Are you the one who hangs around in TCBL North Camp by the orbs?

When I’m rotating around to top, yes.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

Good fights with SoS at Durios and Mendons tonight, and of course, the crazy fight with TW inside SMC.
Also, earlier in SoS BL, this was taken. Can anyone on SoR tell me how many? I estimated 50ish

let me take one out of my sor qoute book

we don’t blob and we don’t have coverage

your trying way to hard man

For the record, I’m not trying to imply any sort of blobbing was going on here. I was genuinely curious, and thank you to those two who answered. I’m sorry that you took my post as an attempt to bait, but that was not my intent. All I knew is that I couldn’t recall seeing that many HL before. And no, I’m not trying at all. Not all of us are interested in PvF.

huh? My comment “your trying to hard” was aimed at stealth.8150 not you man.

Stealths post have became very Forced and try hard. The power of troll should just flow threw you

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: kaian.2615

kaian.2615

It is kind of amusing that people keep saying we have such amazing coverage. Its hard for us to put 30 or 40 in each of the 4 borderlands during OC and off hours. Small guilds like ours are porting all over the map trying to fill holes.

Weekends are a different story. Coverage over the 48h + is simply amazing and the coordination really fun to be part of.

wow srly? you’re on the second most WvW populated NA server, and u have the balls to say ur coverage is “not that amazing”, try droping down a few tiers and u will see what lack of coverage really is.

[CNB] Sea of Sorrows

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Dear TC,

I hear rumours that Second Law is headed over to fight EP and claim the world crown.

All I can say is … Lol. These guys melt things. When Zudoari was over visiting, they chased him around EB … I’m sure he will be delighted for the renewed challenge (love ya Zud )

I hope SCND go to SoS.

Good luck EP! Steal that crown from them

Edited to add: no offense SCND, TC is my old server, gotta root for the old home team. best of luck to you too!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stealth.8150

Stealth.8150

Well if you play at oceanic nights look for SoX cause we have been doing nothing but taking on larger groups the last 2 nights.

kinda funny tho i was checking the new recruitment page for sor and sox and xpk not even listed there as an oceanic guild or a guild you guys together can flip a bl upside down.

ign: Stealthzor

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: ketorin.5923

ketorin.5923

TC BL farmville

that was the most fun i’ve had in a long long time

FEAR on the lord room, TW on the portal

we setup trading post and vendor in the back of the lord room and fought that zerg for almost 30 straight minutes

selling and salvaging in turns lol

people’s hands were cramping.. it was AWESOME

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/658/s75d.jpg – vendors setup

amazing fights all night in TC BL, bay, hills, north camp etc..

Attachments:

Warrior – Fort Aspenwood

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

ketorin.5923

here’s the vendors in the back

great times had by all!

Attachments:

Warrior – Fort Aspenwood

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

TC BL farmville

that was the most fun i’ve had in a long long time

FEAR on the lord room, TW on the portal

we setup trading post and vendor in the back of the lord room and fought that zerg for almost 30 straight minutes

selling and salvaging in turns lol

people’s hands were cramping.. it was AWESOME

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/658/s75d.jpg – vendors setup

amazing fights all night in TC BL, bay, hills, north camp etc..

So you’re bragging about keeping a blob in a spawn tower to farm a group with quite a bit lower numbers? You’re too pro for me I might as well uninstall….

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

ketorin.5923

TC had a lot more numbers than we did and it certainly wasn’t bragging just saying it was a lot of fun and a good fight, calm down please

I was happy to see TC out in force despite the score and day of the week etc.. a lot of other servers would have taken the days off

Warrior – Fort Aspenwood

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: uneditedbrute.8136

uneditedbrute.8136

Hey everyone!

here is ZN’s Video for the week! brace urself its 19 mins long!!! but well worth watching! Thanks SOS and SOR we had some FUN fights this week!
(has a good amount of swearing so if ur at work or around children use headphones lol or mute it)

Enjoy and thanks for watching

if the quality is less then 1080 give it 30 mins it just got uploaded :P

-Marrett-
-=Charr Jesus=-
[ZN] Zero Negative of Blackgate

(edited by uneditedbrute.8136)

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

Good fights with SoS at Durios and Mendons tonight, and of course, the crazy fight with TW inside SMC.
Also, earlier in SoS BL, this was taken. Can anyone on SoR tell me how many? I estimated 50ish

let me take one out of my sor qoute book

we don’t blob and we don’t have coverage

your trying way to hard man

For the record, I’m not trying to imply any sort of blobbing was going on here. I was genuinely curious, and thank you to those two who answered. I’m sorry that you took my post as an attempt to bait, but that was not my intent. All I knew is that I couldn’t recall seeing that many HL before. And no, I’m not trying at all. Not all of us are interested in PvF.

huh? My comment “your trying to hard” was aimed at stealth.8150 not you man.

Stealths post have became very Forced and try hard. The power of troll should just flow threw you

Heh, yeah, my bad. I realized it later. The t-word is persona non grata in some places on TC.
Speaking of blobbing and FEAR, I should have posted the FEAR “zerg” at TC BL bay earlier. We wiped a good number of them and the rest withdrew. I really would like to know how many they had.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

(edited by JudgeD.5673)

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Thanks for the fun fights on EBG tonight, and thanks to Choo for the classy GvG. /salute

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Clockradio.3257

Clockradio.3257

Playing on SOR I have learned a lot about what a good server does to win fights. On SOS it was clear, other than TSYM, none of the other guilds I saw had a clue. I feel pretty confident with our our teams can take on odds of nearly 2:1 and wipe you all. I don’t see SOS applying the same builds or strategies to fights. I get the feeling a lot of people are not even running good builds, let alone using their team buffs effectively.

That’s what TSYM was build to do… other guilds are just build to “destroy noobs” or whatever. We were founded on the premise of breaking down classes and trying to use them as effectively as possible, in addition to forming superior battlefield tactics. Its not that it’s necessarily a only way to do things, although I would certainly argue that it’s a more sustainable path. Good leadership and with well defined goals can definitely go a long way, and it’s the primary reason why we were able to launch 50 people on FFXIV, and probably a whole lot more than that on Wildstar and ESO.

BTW for those of you keeping track, TSYM will be back to GW2 in December. We’re just enjoying a nice vacation and hoping for some solid WvW updates in the time being.

Good luck to all of you on the field.

Clock

~wanders back to FFXIV~

Clockradio | [TSYM] | Sanctum of Rall
tsym.enjin.com

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

BTW for those of you keeping track, TSYM will be back to GW2 in December. We’re just enjoying a nice vacation and hoping for some solid WvW updates in the time being.

Clock

~wanders back to FFXIV~

Good to hear TSYM will be coming back to gw2, its always a shame when a guild that offered tough competition and was willing to innovate goes to other games. Looking forward to it, enjoy your Grindy jRPG based MMO.

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Clockradio.3257

Clockradio.3257

Clock

~wanders back to FFXIV~

Good to hear TSYM will be coming back to gw2, its always a shame when a guild that offered tough competition and was willing to innovate goes to other games. Looking forward to it, enjoy your Grindy jRPG based MMO.

The ultimate reason we chose FF was because it was the exact opposite type of MMO that GW2 is and a lot of us were itching for something different. Playing semi-casually it took me about 2 weeks to hit top level in one class/job, so it’s not really not as grindy as people seem to think. Plus, the crafting system is disgustingly robust, probably the best I’ve seen in an MMO in a long time.

Clockradio | [TSYM] | Sanctum of Rall
tsym.enjin.com

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Odinzu.9645

Odinzu.9645

Thanks Choo, for the clean and very smooth GvG. Fun brawls yesterday, you deserve respect.

@saiyr, Mag and EBay weeks contributed to our evolving style of fight. We try to take the best qualities of every style and mesh them into our arsenal- whatever works. Important to take losses seriously and keep an open mind to change.

I appreciate all the kind words towards EP guys.

@Dugald: FOR THE TOAST!!!!!!11!!!!

Odinzu [EP]
Thug life

9/6 SoR/TC/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

I don’t usually call out hackers and exploiters but I must say this match up has shown the most I’ve ever seen out of all WvW matchups I’ve played in.

What is this kitten?

There’s a well known glitch in Anz that sometimes causes you to be teleported below the lord room. It can’t be done on purpose afaik. Happens in Durios as well.